The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

We are all waiting dude, GFK you have an exellent ml... :) myn right now is shite.... Im trying to find a right ml...

For some f*cking reason I keep losing.. its so annoying, I keep god dang it throwing my controller on the floor. DAMN IT>> PARMA SUCK.

My fellow ML fanatics i have a tactical question for you all.
It concerns my ML with Wolfsburg. Currently i'm in my second season. After five matches i have 15 points, and have a goal difference of 15-1. So by the look of things i'm doing really good (and if you know that Wolfsburg as already beaten Bayern Munich then things are looking even brighter).
As a good manager i always see a growth margin. I consider the team rather lucky. I'll try to explain myself in acceptable English. Offensively Wolfsburg is very good, on the counter this team is magical, but defensively this team is not really good. The fact that we only conceded one goal is largely due to a good GK (Jentsch) and luck.
The problem is in the formation.
We play 4-3-3
GK:Jentsch
CB: Hoffman
CB: Quiroga
RB: Sarpei
LB: Weiser

DMF: Makoun
CMF: Baptista
OMF: D'Alessandro

LWF: Petrov
CF: Klimowocz (or Messeguez)
RWF: Cardoso (Beasley, Al Saabi)

This team especially rocks on the counter with either the triangle D'Allesandro-Petrov-Klimowicz or D'Allesandro-Cardoso-Klimowicz.
The problem is defensive. If the other team is in attack i would like to convert in 4-5-1 formation (what Sven tried against Holland if i'm not mistaken). Both wing forwards would then become wing midfielders...
My question is: is this possible in PES and if so how????

Liverpool v Bologna

The game is quiet for the first 10 minutes with no chances and simply a battle for the ball in midfield.

On 15 minutes, a simple ball is played from Marchetti back to Kirkland,
Kirkland is caught in possession as Cisse' easily dispossess him and knocks the
ball into an empty net.

No chance for kirkland after his unforced error

So, Liverpool (who finished 3rd last year) lead the treble winners at Anfield.

Liverpool attempt to settle unitil young Jamie Shaw gets on the ball and lofts
a ball over to Ronaldo who lets fly with a with a first time shot, off the the bar! bounces out to Shaw who plays it inside to Ronaldo easy finish.

Ronaldo celebrates with Jamie Shaw

1-1 after 25 minutes.

Surprisingly for Bologna they seem to be coping well with Liverpool's attack despite the departure of Pique'

HALF TIME.

How will the second half work out?
Bologna Substitution: Milner [off] Herrero [on]
Liverpool Substitution: Gerrard [off] Merlin [on]

The second half is underway as Merlin takes th e ball out wide swings a cross in to Baros.....................totally unmarked goal 2-1 as easy a goal as you will ever see. Terrible defending by Marchetti, totally lost his man.

Liverpool have identified a possible weakness and balls are being trown in the box from all over the place, merlin is the main provider.

3-1 ! This time from a right wing cross from Smicer and its Cisse' for his second of the game. Kirkland flapped at that one. But Cisse put it away so well.

another calm finish from Cisse

Liverpool are now keeping the ball passing it around as the treble winners run after them like Nottingham Forest.

Ronaldo, looks uncomfortable he's pulled with what looks like a sore hamstring.
He will have to come off.

Bologna substitution: Ronaldo [off] Di Canio [on]

Can Di Canio shake up the game?they've got a corner.........
Terrible corner from Jamie Shaw as Liverpool clear the ball staight out to Diouf (?), great run, takes its around Marchetti and chips the ball over Kirkland, its four, its a rout, its all over

Diouf celebrates his superb finish and Liverpool's fourth

That's it it's all over: Liverpool 4 Bologna 1

After the game it was discovered that Ronaldo had infact pulled his hamstring
and will be out for eight weeks.

It's clear that Bologna will have to rethink thier strategy although they will have to do it without Ronaldo.

gerd, in answer to your question, yes, i feel it is possible. I say so as i've used it before and mentioned in here previously. With Cagliari i used a 4-3-3, but towards the end of the ML (when i was reaching the the knock-out stages of the CL) i wanted to be a bit more defensive, so i went 4-5-1.
What i did was pull back my 2 wingers, so that they just entered into the midfield area, and thus became SMFs. So, from the DMF you could see a "V" shape forking outwards from him. You should then set attacking arrows forward(and inward) on the SMFs and high defensive arrows for when not in possession of the ball.

eg 4-3-3

------------------DMF

---------CMF--------------CMF

---RWF---------------------------LWF

------------------CF

The wingers here are positioned more for attack, closer to the CF, and further from the midfield. Notice the exploitable gap behind the wingers.

eg. 4-5-1

------------------DMF

---------CMF--------------CMF

---SMF---------------------------SMF

------------------CF

Here the wingers have backed into the midfield zone, and so join more evenly with the DMF/CMFs. However, they are still able to get forward with the help of arrows, and of course if they are good natural atacking players, due to their stats/abilitiy stars etc. Notice no gap, the "V" shape acts like a fence, and makes the opponent play long balls over the top.

Last edited:
lol, but hes getting shitter bye the second lol.......... u should of gottan Cristiano Ronaldo that would be better.

Racing Santander 1
Guerrero 66
Maritimo 1
Silas 49
-
Levante 1
S Garcia 53
Maritimo 1
Silas 6

Credible away draws boost Maritimo : Silas brace silences the critics

game11.jpg
two in two for the former Wolverhampton man

With the departure of Marcinho, an air of tension has been lifted from the Portuguese club, and with it a more creative fluidity has been allowed to take hold.

A one-all draw at the El Sardinero, was followed by the same scoreline when the Madeirans visited Levante's Estadi Ciutat de Valencia. Two points in two tricky away fixtures demonstrate the improvements that have been made, as the Brazilian absence has clearly bonded the rest of the squad. In particular it has enabled offensive midfielder Silas an opportunity to shine in an unlikely partnership with Lobaton, that few if any pundits would have predicted at the beginning of the season.

Tale of the tape... v Racing

game10.jpg
deserved equaliser

A first start between the sticks for Nelson Sousa, as Marcos injured himself in the warm up, threatened to disrupt Mr Simao's plans, however in the event, the debutant handled himself well.

It was a backs to the walls effort by Maritimo after Silas had given the away side the advantage with a firmly planted header from an Alan cross. Regueiro on the left side, had been in particulary menacing form all afternoon, and his killer pass just after the hour mark allowed Guerrero to loft the ball over the advancing goalkeeper. Sousa was called on a couple of times in the final 10 minutes, but each time he stood firm to gain his teamates gratitude on the final whistle.

Other results...

Malaga 1 - 0 Numancia, Getafe 1 - 0 Albacete, Mallorca 3 - 2 Levante

-

Tale of the tape... v Levante

game11b.jpg
Levante settle for a point

Even the suspension of Wenio, couldn't dampen the fortunes of an upbeat Maritimo as they began brightly and were justly rewarded soon afterwards. Lobaton beat his marker, carried the ball wide and played in a perfectly weighted ball into the zone of uncertainty. Silas simply had to stoop to head it in as more than 20,000 home fans sat agog. The equaliser came when Sergio Garcia rose highest to connect with a Rivera cross. The home side could have picked up all 3 points if a Jofre shot hadn't rebounded off the bar and off for a goal kick, but all in all a draw was a fair result.

Other results...

Albacete 0 - 2 Mallorca, Getafe 2 - 2 Malaga, Numancia 0 - 0 Racing

IBERIAN DIVISION 2 LEAGUE TABLE

Mallorca 21
Malaga 19
Racing 15
Levante 14
Getafe 14
Albacete 7
Maritimo 6
Numancia 5

Any suggestions for a weak ML team I can start a campaign with? Hopefully one that currently isn't being used by anyone else in this thread. To me, all the lower level teams are the same, so I'd rather get a suggestion. I plan to get the teams Match Mode roster, then probably trade for Senderos and Cardozo, I love those 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Prof...i will try it this evening.
I'm happy to see that things are going (albeit sligthly) better in Madeira Db...Hope these two draws will give the team a boost for a couple of fantastic home performances.
Soon i will give an update about the beginning of Birmingham's first matches in the Premiership new style.

I have a question guys.
There's this player I really want, his transfer difficulty is one out of three stars, so that means it's not impossible to buy him. I've tried giving this guy every amount, I've tried paying 3 times the transfer fee and offer him and insane salary, but he still refuses to sign. Any suggestions on what todo, or why he hates me?

Toulouse FC 1
Sanou 33'
RC Strasbourg 1
Farnerud 38'

(AGG 4-1)

Toulouse eased into the Coupe de la ligue Semi-finals last night after a 1-1 draw at home to Racing Club de Strasbourg. Professor Nutmeg fielded a largely second string side, after taking a 3-0 advantage into the second leg. New signing, Mehdy Ouchene, made his debut on the left of midfield, and Burkina Faso striker, Wilfird Sanou, played his first complete 90 minutes, after signing from SC Freiburg in the transfer window. It was the diminutive striker who netted first for Les Violets, putting the tie beyong any doubt. Alexander Farnerud's equaliser, minutes later, did little to dent Toulouse's progression hopes to the next round.
Toulouse FC now face Olympique de Marseille in the Semi-finals, after they knocked out cup favourites Paris Saint-Germain.

Anyone have any information on a player called Matunel? I'm not sure if this is his real name or not, but I just picked him up as a free agent and he's an amazing dribbler. When I needed a goal he dribbled through 5 defenders and gave a perfect through pass to Cesc for an easy tap in.

He's 26, and his default club was Porto. At first I thought it could be Maniche, but this guy looks nothing like him. He's a WF , but can also play the SMF.

Ha ha denirobob i see your still slugging it out in Div2.......I am not doing that bad i am currently 14th........I need more wins so i can pull WE United down (I HATE THEM!) so the can get relegated.....everytime i play them they managed to play like superhumans......the second game of the season i got with them i mangaed to draw 2-2 even though i was the better team.....they are currently 13th above me.

=========

PLF about that Di Dinato guy.....konami got it all wrong he isn't even black look HERE.......but for some reason when you go to see him he is in the Cheivo team in edit player when he used to play for PALERMO(but i have updated it he is in the siena team).

==========

Also Nutmeg how long does it take you to record those goals and how do you do it.

lumlum said:
I have a question guys.
There's this player I really want, his transfer difficulty is one out of three stars, so that means it's not impossible to buy him. I've tried giving this guy every amount, I've tried paying 3 times the transfer fee and offer him and insane salary, but he still refuses to sign. Any suggestions on what todo, or why he hates me?

What player is he? If i was you i would just go for another player....don't keep wasting your time on him.....what happened to me when i kept trying to buy Babbel....i managed not to get a signing during the transfer window because i kept focusing on signing him and with the money i could only take a chance at signing one player at a time.

Try and get higher up the league table.

He's Claudio Lopez.
I tried to get him when I was on top of table during the mid-season transfer window. He kept refusing no matter the amount. After I won the league (on goal difference!!) I tried signing him again but refused, but he accepted my second offer (which was huge). I don't really think he's worth what I paid, but it became personal :lol:

bar_Italy_topstories.gif

Last eight results

FC Sicily 1 - 0 Sampdoria W
FC Sicily 0 - 0 Lecce D
Lazio 1 - 1 FC Sicily D
FC Sicily 2 - 2 WE United D
Chievo 1 - 1 FC Sicily D
FC Sicily 1 - 0 Fiorentina W
Parma 0 - 1 FC Sicily W
Siena 2 - 2 FC Sicily D

Serie A

......Team......Pt...W...D...L...GF...GA.......F/A
9 WE United...30...9...3...11...28.....38.........-10
10 FC Sicly...29...7.....8...8...27.....27............0
11 Brescia......28...8....4....11...29.....37...........-8

Current Serie A Top Scorer

Trezeguet - 21

Current Serie A Top Assists

Nakata - 10

Last edited:
Yeah welcome Alex ork :)

=======

juventus11 i just done the double over your team in my ML.....i beat them the first time 3-0 and then the second time 1-0. But Parma done played well though especially Gilardino......the guy had so many chances in the game.....they deserved to win the game but some how i just kept on conunter-attacking......but for some reason i can't do it to most teams....wish i can beat WE United like that!

Back
Top Bottom