The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Martins will a lot....
also Adu if you keep playing them they will become the best;)

dude I didn't want to say anything but dime we dont like to discuss player's potential curve here a lot it ruins the game for us because if we hear this guy's improving to a god then you'll buy him everytime. Now i'm sure for you its no big deal as your team has no players above 24 anyway :roll: because all you care about is players improving.

Sorry if I came off harsh in there but I will politely point you towards a place where there is a FULL list of players with amazing potential who improve loads.

just have a look here:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/winning_eleven_8_dev.txt

It talks about different growth curves and some players who have that certain type of growth curve.

There is also their board where people talk about player's curves and i'm sure there is a guide somewhere with like top 20 youngsters for each position with best development curves or whatever.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=919618

But please not in this ML thread okay?? We've worked hard to make evo-web's ML thread the best one because unlike PESinsight forums and PESfan ML threads we don't just care about BEST player and best growth curves, if you want to talk about those.. I suggest you join PESfan as its an amazing community and I'm part of it myself but not for your reasons of course.

Here's a thread on PESinsight where they freely discuss all these amazing youngsters and ruin the game for some of us:
Enjoy
http://forum.pesinsight.com/showthread.php?t=18083

Here ANOTHER forum where they talk about ML and who the best youngster is and they all buy same players everytime and call themselves champs with likes of Sheva and Nesta in every team they play in.

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/index.php?function=view_thread&threadid=502668&p=25

And finally here, PESFAN even has a forum just for ML talk and a lot of is obviously on best youngsters and etc. So if you want a list like that or know who'se better Cisse or Rooney or whoever... look there you might even find some new names you didn't know before like Kompany, Rachmane Barry.

http://www.pesfan.com/bulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=142

So that's it! I just feel I had to do this as I knew from your very 1st post that your intention was to just talk about youngster youngsters and again who the best youngsters are and it bothers me because me, Nerf and a lot of other people don't wanna read about it cuz it ruins the game to know someone like Piquionne doesn't IMPROVE anymore.. which means you just ruined it for a few people who could've been thinking about buying him. Thankfully not everyone here thinks about IMPROVEMENT all the time and so there is still a chance they'll buy him.

Anyways I'm just reiterating that like Nerf said, we can't MAKE people NOT post the stuff we don't want to see but I can make a logical argument to my fellow friends here that there are 101 places to find stuff that Dime wants or to see a list of best youngsters. I've only linked to like 10 of them, so lets just keep this ONE place... either spoiler free and stick to our professional stories like DB and Prof or do what Kel suggested and put SPOILER in big text like that but I'd rather not see it at all but I guess we can take a vote or whatever. I alreayd know what me and Nerf think about this but i'd like to hear more about what DB, Prof and LaAm as well as Juventus11 think about it since they're all entitled to their opinions and are active members of this forum. Of course the legendary GFK too ;)

Remember i'm not saying Don't discuss at all WHO to buy or who not to just not about their specific development curve, saying things like... Djibril Cisse will stop improving after 24... too bad.. which is exactly about his development curve (by the way this one isn't true... as I don't know it was just an example ;) ). But me myself I talk about who i bought and how he's performing and how he's nicely even developing but not things like YO THIS GUY HAS The most AMAZING potential.. after 3rd season all his stats are RED and blah blah blah.. just not childish things like that :lmao: like the rest of the other forums.

Damn that was a long post and to be honest I tried to avoid it :( ... I had an intention of posting this after Dime's 1st post but just waited to see if there is anything else he'd like to talk about except who will improve 100 times better but now had to make this super long boring post because I was afraid he might give another 20 names out in his next post and how they all turn out.

I'm out..

Last edited:
I can see why you don't want to discuss it, so I won't mention it again. I also like to be surprised when I notice a relatively unknown player improving and becoming a star.

I don't see the point of older players though, it's not as if experience plays any role in how a player will perform. My young players are doing just fine and are at 6-2-0 in the league with Rooney and Hagi being unstoppable.

Thank you for being understandable. It's not just the young unknown players that you want to find out about on your own which has that satisfaction but also more known players that you haven't bought. You want to have that risk factor to it but if you hear that Mr. X will not improve beyond his initial level or will be dropping stats since season 1 then you probably involuntarily won't go near him so thats why I think discussing Piquionne or lets say saying something RELALY specific about Cisse's growth curve could ruin it and should not be mentioned.

Not to mention that I also like buying some players only to find out thye're disappointing and won't improve much because

A) They're already in peak of their career
B) They have crap potential and will never be good.

:) I mean if every buy was a success then game would be silly.

P.s. Dagaka should be renamed to "Kaebi" as that's his real name and he's an Iranian international but a bit over-rated, he certainly shouldn't have any stars with stats that good.. so I took off his dribbling star and tackling which I believe he had from begining not sure.

As for older players well I mean it depends how much realistic you want your game to be? Experience may not be a real factor in the game but just for the sake of reality, you should keep it as part of your team anyways. I mean a team with ONLY 19 year olds or 20 year olds just wouldn't work in real life even teams like Ajax usually have 1 or 2 players with vast experience among their young line up but whatever its your game its up to you how realistic you want it to be.

Well I kind of gave up on realism for now. When I have enough WEN to buy 6* I'll start a new ML with all sorts of players. I also may look into some older plays now that I realize that I won't probably play more than 3 seasons with my current ML.

Has anyone else found it hard to lose? For the first time in 8 games I was down 0-1 against Monaco earlier, but I was awarded 2 penalties (Rooney was BARELY nudged) and ended up winning it. Juventus and Arsenal were not the quality teams they are in real life. I won 2-0 at both. So far I've only conceded 3 goals and I notice that my goalie has superhuman speed and strength and has kept out several shots from 5 meters and closer from good players like Anelka. I'm not trying to brag, I'm just hoping that 6* will kick my ass, because there's no real motivation to search out better players when there's no danger of losing.

Well even when you do unlock it you'll go back to 5* eventually as we all play on 5* because we find it harder. On 6* the CPU is too gung-ho and is easily hit on counter-attacks and concedes many goals.

You'll find that the game eventually gets easy which is why almost all of us here are playing with LESSER teams and crappier players and not buying many players. Just read through the last 4-10 pages if you get a chance. You'll be introduced to each of us and our current games and also notice that we all like playing with weaker teams.

For example my current ML is with St. Etienne and I even find playing in French domestic league too easy so we make a super league and play against them. You'll find Nerf is doing ML with de Grafschap whose squad is almost as bad as ML default team and Prof with the likes of Toulouse and his created AS Nancy. DB with Maritimo which is a very weak team. Do you see a pattern?? Yes.. we all find game too easy so you're not alone ;) but its especially even easier when playing with the likes of Kaebi and Lewis in goal. THat's why we make only realistic buys and don't change like 80% of personnel in a season because the game is too easy even with weaker players and strikers who have 70 for shot accuracy, let alone going out and finding the likes of Rooney and playing with them ;)

If the game really is becoming too easy for you I suggest you take a new challenge by taking a weaker club than you currently have and play with those weaker players of lets say Charlton agains superior opposition like Rooney and co. against Man Utd. You'll find game gets harder obviously and is more enjoyable!

And welcome to our ML thread ;)

Take care

I do plan on going back to a weaker team, but just having gotten the game recently I can't help but try out the marquee players for a season or two. I did start out with the default ML team, but for some reason the computer seemed to accept every trade and I ended up getting solid players for the players that I found useless, like the goalies. I wasn't expecting this, but how am I supposed to refuse Cesc when all I give up is Zamenhoff?

On the subject of goalies, has anyone ever had their goalie get injured? Or sent off?

Yeah the CPU has a habit of being very easy on negotiations when you start with Default ML team which kinda sucks. You're right how can we resist Cech for Zamenhoff lol ;)

Anyways I do resist him now as I feel he won't come to my team in real life. Plus I understand where you're coming from.. upon everyone's first weeks of having the game we all try bigger clubs/nations and best players and down slowly slowly move down the ladder ;)

Double despair, as defeats dent Simao destiny

Albacete 1
Pachecho 63
Maritimo 0

game8.jpg

Maritimo's cup exit was confirmed in front of the lowest crowd of the season in Division 2. In a largely forgettable game, the only goal was scored by Pachecho after the Maritimo defence parted like the red sea, and he strode to the edge of the box before tucking the ball away.

game8b.jpg

Simao declined to talk to the press afterwards and kept his players in the dressing room for a full 45 mins after the final whistle. Albacete meanwhile are into the hat and their small but hardcore following were able to celebrate their progression by a 2-0 aggregate scoreline.

Other Cup results...

Numancia 1 Getafe 0 (Numancia through on aggregate), Levante 1 Malaga 1 (Levante through on aggregate), Mallorca 0 Racing 2 (Racing through on aggregate)

Semi Final draw...

Albacete v Numancia, Levante v Racing Santander
-

Maritimo 1
OG 77
Getafe 2
Craioveanu 26
Gallardo 36

In a complete contrast to the dire of the previous evening, this game had everything except perhaps dependable defences. Incredibly open right from the first whistle, the game flowed from end to end as neither side seemed willing to concentrate on the more mundane things like marking and concentration. The away side were the first to take their chance, when a hopeful cross was aimed at Craioveanu, and the tall Romanian toe poked the ball home on the volley.

game9.jpg

Alan then proceded to miss an absolute sitter after chasing down a long ball and skyed it over from 8 yards out. The goal-shy strikers proliferation was punished soon after, as Gallardo turned inside left back Eusebio to place a shot across Marcos and into the far side of the net.

The rest of the game saw heavy pressure by the home side as they fought to get a foothold, that their possession surely deserved. With less than a quarter of an hour remaining, Bulgarian substitute Bibshikov got to the byline and pulled back a wicked cross that got turned into his own net by Kome.

The last 10 minutes became an onslaught on the Gefafe goal, although the Spanish defence held firm, leaving Maritimo to rue their earlier missed opportunities and another 3 points squandered.

Other results...

Numancia 0 Mallorca 1, Levante 0 Racing 2, Albacte 1 Malaga 2

-
TRANSFERS ...... TRANSFERS ......

transfer5.jpg
Alonso. I couldn't settle on Merseyside.

Easily the biggest deal of the transfer window, saw Javi Alonso, cut short his brief career at Liverpool and return to the Basque country, signing for Athletic Bilbao. The move was shrouded in controvesy with former club Real Sociedad insisting the player had agreed to a clause in his contract when leaving for Anfield, that he would never join their biggest rivals.

transfer3.jpg
Ross. Costa del Sold.

In Division 2, Malaga also pulled off a suprise, by bringing in Maurice Ross from Glasgow Rangers, as the fashion for signing British based foreigners started by Levante, continues apace.

transfer2.jpg
Viera. I'm satisfied we've got our man.

In Lisbon, Benfica's announced the signing of Maritimo's problematic Brazilian Marcinho on a 5 year contract. Although speculation had linked the player to a return to his homeland, the significant offer from arguably the largest club in Portugal was as unexpected as it was welcome for his former employers.

transfer4.jpg
Irueta and Lendoiro celebrate loan deal

Staying in Madeira, Deportivo La Coruna have signed Manduca on a 6 month deal that runs until the end of the season. The left footed wingman, although a gifted performer, had frustrated officials at Maritimo with his inconsistency. The club were reluctant to cash in however, as they feel he does possess the potential to become a major star in the Iberian league in years to come.

transfer1.jpg
Manduca. Sorry to leave, eager to learn.

Mr Simao reflected on the deal...

"Both Bordeaux and Schalke actually tabled significant permanent bids for Mandy, but I genuinely felt that Depor's offer was likely to benefit him the most in the long term. I am confident that time spent in Galicia, will improve the player and he will return at the beginning of next season fresher and ready to take his game to a higher level."

For some bloody reason I have this 19 years old player called Sorrentino.. Hes amazing now:( WTF........

I love discovering new strikers...how tall is this guy? I just recently found this Senegalese playere named Gueye, his stats are pretty nice, he's young, and he's 188cm or so.

I've been looking for a new striker to replace Rooney. As much as I love Rooney, he's just too good. 11 goals in 9 games makes it too easy. I'm looking for someone tall to score on headers, since I've got Chiellini and Song coming down the sides and they're pretty good passers.

Dime said:
I've been looking for a new striker to replace Rooney. As much as I love Rooney, he's just too good. 11 goals in 9 games makes it too easy. I'm looking for someone tall to score on headers, since I've got Chiellini and Song coming down the sides and they're pretty good passers.

Andrea Caracciolo from Brescia or Tore Andre Flo from Siena are header-skilled strikers.

bar_Italy_topstories.gif

Last two results

FC Sicily 1 - 2 Juventus L
Inter Milan 3 - 1 FC Sicily L

Serie A

......Team......Pt...W...D...L...GF...GA.......F/A
12 WE United...16...5...1...9...13.....25.........-12
13 FC Sicly...15...4.....3...8...18.....21...........-3
14 Brescia......15...3....6....6...13.....19...........-6

Current Serie A Top Scorer

Trezeguet - 15

Current Serie A Top Assists

Emre - 8

=================

transfers.gif

IN:

Name: Babbel
Postion: CBT/SB
Nation: Germany
To: FC Sicily
Cost: 4.75 Million Pounds

OUT:

None

===================

Funds.............5.2 Million
Team Slary...9.44 Million

bar_top_transfers.gif

FC Sicily make late move
by Mark Kendall - created on 9 Mar 2005

newsclinic2005im02_7041.jpg

FC Sicily bolstered their squad on transfer deadline day with the capture of defender Marcus Babbel, known as 'The Brick'.

The Sicily side signed signed Babbel, from Stuggart on a two-year deal, for a fee of 4.75 Million Pounds on the last day of the transfer deadline.

The ex-German International has just completed a medical this afternoon (pic above), he will be training with the squad on a friday and will be able to play against Sampdoria the following day.

FC Sicily boss Mr. Laam moved for Babbel after a recent injury to defenders Josemi and that found to be serious enough to sideline the player until the end of the campaign. He said "I am happy to have Babbel here, I have been trying to get him since two seasons ago, he has a lot of experience in him and can help sought out our defensive problem. We only got four natural center-backs, with one injured and it was really important for us to get a defender and Babbel was the right one".

With the signing of Babbel, FC Sicily hope to improve their season by staying in the Serie A. They are currently 13th in the league.

Gueye is a young talent from Metz. He's only 19, left-footed and Senegalese and tall but not very strong.. he has good technique but needs to bulk up more.

Sorrentino is a young forward from Parma whom I don't know much about.

I'm thinking of making my ML team all-Seneglese. Ever since I've seen Senegal's play in World Cup 2002 they've been one of my favorites.

A combination of Henri Camara and El Hadji Diouf up front would be devastating. Plus they have some strength in the midfield like Papa Bouba Diop. Quality keeper too.

Championnat de France: Ligue 1 Week 20

Toulouse FC 2
Moreira 14'(P) 88'
Olympique de Marseille 2
Bamogo 23'(P)
Koke 84'

Toulouse welcomed visitors Marseille on what was the first day of the second half of the season. The buoyant home crowd were first to cheer, after captain Daniel Moreira calmly converted a spot kick past a static Fabien Barthez. The joy was shortlived however, when 9 minutes later, the referee awarded Marseille a penalty kick at the other end. Up stepped Bamogo, who found the net straight down the centre.
About 15 minutes into the second half, Marseille striker Péguy Luyindula was seen to pull up with a hamstring problem, and he was then substituted for the young Spaniard, Koke. And it didn't take long for the young stiker to make his mark. Six minutes from time, Benoit Pedretti threaded an inch-pefect ball upfield to the Spaniard, who took a perfect first touch and then half-volleyed it past the oncoming keeper. Marseille looked to have the game won with so little time left. However, Professor Nutmeg responded immediately, taking off midfielder Julien Cardy, and sending on new signing Wilfried Sanou, for a short debut. Moreira subsequently positioned himself in the hole behind strikers, Sanou and Suarez, and it paid dividends 2 minutes from time, when he latched onto a loose ball 25 yards outside the Marseille box. The skipper controlled the ball, surged forward and unleashed a belter through a crowd of players and Barthez, who couldn't get fingertips to the ball. Moreira's brace takes his season total to 8 league goals, and sees him go second equal in the Ligue 1 top scorers chart, along with Monaco's Javier Chevanton and Bordeaux's Jean-Claude Darceville.

2-2 the final score.

Goal Highlights

Last edited:
That's an awesome bullet goal from Moreira, makes me jealous. Whenever I try one of those the keeper uses his superhuman reflexes to get get his fingers to it.

Nutmeg, have you made any trades so far?

Also, can anyone tell the name of Lyon's home stadium?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah thats true.

My ml is crap right now thats why I havent posted any news so far :(

Ronaldo signs for Bologna

‘After 7 long seasons Bologna finally get their man’

Ronaldo, at the grand old age of 34 has signed for Real Madrid’s main title rivals and the team that beat them to the league last season.

Ronaldo leaving Bologna HQ after a meeting with manager Ludo tomaz

Last season (2010) Bologna managed to secure an unprecedented treble, the first team to do this in the short history of the WPL (world premier league)
However, This team has struggled to retain many of its star players.

Leaving this summer were strikers Rachmane Barry & Fernando Torres

Barry (above) heads for Real Madrid with team mate Fernando Torres(below)

It took alot to prize Ronaldo away from Madrid with 7million also going the other way although Bologna did manage to obtain 19 year old midfielder Daneil Hofu into the Bargain.

This is one of the most interesting summers of transfer activity in many a season. Much of the movement is due to the fact that players such as Barry and Torres were not happy only playing bit part roles and so, Bologna have been forced to let David Villa leave on a free transfer after 6 years with the club. Villa is still yet to find a club and at 29 years old is not attracting much interest.

Pique' Refuses to sign contract extension

The 24 year old spanish international and Club captain has left the club without any warning only to show up 3 days later at Old Trafford.

So Pique has been stolen by Sir Alex just as he stole him 8 years earlier from Barcelona.

After all of the Movement this was the Bologna line-up to face Liverpool in the first game of the season.

1. Kirkland- 30 ex-liverpool keeper
2. Walton- 19 english youth player
3. Murray- 20 english youth player(keeps Hienze out)
4. Marchetti-24 Italian signed for 6.5 million to replace Pique'
5. Koltarii-25
6. Milner-24 ex-newcastle longest serving player at the club
7. Fabregas-24 world class midfielder, team does not work without him
8. Snjieder-27 captain-superb all-round midfielder.
9. Ronaldo-34 all hopes pinned on him this year
10. Zola- 22 'Enzo' Superb if a little injury prone
11. Shaw- 20 Will be Zola's equal, has superb left foot.

Marchetti has been bought in to replace the Pique' with Snjieder, a signing from Ajax 2 years ago being made club Captain.

Well, its been a big summer at Bologna, last year they made themselves the team to beat. This season they lost their defensive rock & captain, will this make them easier to beat? or will they pull together, your guess is as good as mine.

Next up: Bologna vs Liverpool

PLF said:
I alreayd know what me and Nerf think about this but i'd like to hear more about what DB, Prof and LaAm as well as Juventus11 think about it since they're all entitled to their opinions and are active members of this forum. Of course the legendary GFK too

I cant agree more with your story!

Db, what is the actual standing in your competition?

I havent played much with my Torino last time, I hope to play some games this midday.

Back
Top Bottom