The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Central European League 2011/2012 Preview

Continuing WEFA Weekly's team-by-team preview of the coming season in Division One, next up are Dutch hopefuls De Graafschap.

graafsmall.jpg

Club: De Graafschap
Stadium: Stadion De Vijverberg (10,900)

Last Season
League Position: 14th
Cup: Quarter Finals

The club's first venture into Division One was a struggle. The small, inexperienced squad found themselves rooted in the relegation zone for most of the season, only saved by a late surge during the last couple of months while Nantes slumped.

Who is OUT?

De Graafschap suffered a huge blow to their survival chances when the patience of star player Ricardo Sousa finally dissipated and he walked out of Doetchinem for nothing when his contract expired in June. The thirty year old playmaker has since been rumoured to be back home in Portugal holding talks with Benfica, while De Graafschap are left with a gaping hole in their midfield that will be difficult to fill.

Defender Michael van der Kruis and youth goalkeeper Frank Lodewijks were also released.

Who is IN?

Alexander Farnerud arrived from Strasbourg for €3.3 million, a 26 year old Swede who will hope to bring some much needed drive and creativity to the midfield. He will match up against older brother Pontus when De Graafschap face Monaco in September.

farnerud.jpg
yasser.jpg

After negotiations with Vitesse winger Eldridge Rojer had broken down, De Graafschap instead turned their attention to Saudi Arabian international Yasser Al-Qahtani. The diminutive striker is a profficient penalty taker and can be lively off the ball, but lacks experience outside of the Saudi Arabian leagues.

How will they line up?

The departure of Sousa will more than likely signal a change in the coach's philosophy, now that the team is denied the fulcrum that last season's 5-3-2 and 4-5-1 formations were centered upon. A more unified 4-4-2 is expected with a heavy focus on catching opponents on the counter-attack.

It is difficult to see who will be left out in attack. Top goalscorer Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Division One assists leader Ruslan Valeev and new signing Yasser Al-Qahtani will all justify their place in the team, with Mamadou Zongo the one to see most bench time. Expect all three to start, with Huntelaar to the fore, Valeev operating behind and Al-Qahtani darting in from the right flank.

Farnerud is most comfortable in an inside-left position where he is able to work up and down the left channel. In the centre, De Graafschap are unlikely to sway from their preferred combination of one holding midfielder and one partner who bursts forward to support the attack. Last season this was most often Cihan Yalcin and Yuri Rose respectively, though don't be surprised to see Bas Sibum and Lioc Loval as frequent alternatives.

De Graafschap's defence actually boasted one of the best goals-against records in the division last season, despite their faltering attack letting the side down. The flat back four is unlikely to change too much, with adventurous captain Anatoliy Tymoschuk positioned alongside the much criticised Morten Henriksen; the young Dane had a less than stellar debut season and now is the time for him to show he belongs.

At left-back there is the option of Sander Duits or powerful Congo international Hérita Ilunga, while Jory ten Brinke and goalkeeper Raymon van Emmerik complete the eleven.

Player to watch:

Jory ten Brinke has quietly developed into one of the most reliable and consistent right-backs in Holland. Now 26 years old, the versatile defender has good height, strength, stamina and a burst of pace; his overlapping of Ruslan Valeev was one of the rare highlights of De Graafschap's poor season. Consecutive campaigns in the first team have improved his ability to add an end product, and overall the Doetchinem club will be happy to have secured him on a new four year deal this summer.

Prediction: 12th-14th.

Like an orchestra without a conductor. Sousa's absence will hit De Graafschap hard and they will require some time to adjust in his wake. Last season's squad was barely good enough to stay in this division and that was with Sousa. Whether 'de Superboeren' can avoid another prolonged relegation dogfight could be down to the inconsistencies of Huntelaar and Valeev and the unknown factor of Al-Qahtani to provide the firepower that they desperately need. If they can, and if the likes of Hertha Berlin and promoted Hamburg continue to struggle at this level, then another narrow escape could be on the cards.

Very nice stuff Nerf... can't comment as much as I want as i've been very busy over past few days and will be for days to come but just wanted to drop a quick line saying your stories are just amazing now! Hope this de Grafschap does well and i have to give you huge props for still having almost 50% of your original team after 7 years. :)

Id just like to say thank you to PLf, Nerf, Gerd,Denirob, Proff, maybe Metallica..and If I forgot you thank you anyway.
My parma ml is great as now im going to go play so ciao ciao.

juventus11 said:
Id just like to say thank you to PLf, Nerf, Gerd,Denirob, Proff, maybe Metallica..

lol Happy Bday pal

My start to 3rd season as champions with Fiorentina as been quite shocking. I am conceding goals left, right and centre. But I am also scoring scored 10, conceded 10

Finally had a chance to read out some of the great stories we've had in previous days by the likes of LaAm, Nerf, DB and Prof and they're all intersting.

Unfortunately ONCE again i've lost DESIRE to play with SAME-team and will not start a NEW ML. The reason for this is partly because after all the DIV 2 talk here in recent weeks and everyone switching to it... I kinda longed for it and it certainly wasn't going to happen this season with my Getafe side getting better players than we had.

I always said i dont want to start in Div 2 because i want to possibly get RELEGATED and that's a bigger possibility when you start out with a sHIT team in a division with some of Europe's finest but now i've given up on that dream as i don't think its possible and will start a ML with a team in Div 2 because i also see some advantages to this:

- Div 2 has far less games so it'll be harder to balance the books and be able to even PAY your wages if you're losing a lot which i hope will happen ;) this will mean even if i do have enough to pay wages.... I won't have much left-over to spend at end of season 1 meaning my season 2 squad will pretty much be same as my first.

- Due to less games... game will progress into latter years FASTER... and that'll be intresteing to me as i've never had a game longer than 3 seasons and would love to go to one where i reach like season 7-8-9 or even 10 to see some of the world's current stars really PAST it or at end of their careers and me having to discover NEW young talent that we aint heard of. With Div 1, this does'nt happen as it takes TOO LONG to complete a season and often when i do i've lost all interest in that team because of the large amount of games.
Plus people like Nerf are in 7th season and thats a very FUN thought for me.. but part of this reason is cuz he spent 6th in Div 2 and game went faster making it a real possibility for him to reach 7th season. Had he been promoted in 1st season... he would probably be in only de Grafschap's 3rd season now!

- So hopefully with me not getting promoted in first few seasons.. i can kinda fast-forward to season 4-5 in ML and see things i have NOT seen since buying PES4 many months ago for the first time. Not to mention DIV 2's whole EXPERIENCE will be a new one to me and the Div 2 cup and the top-scorer chart and the quote DB had something like "Where Mediocracy is the answer" or something that was really nice and summed it up great.

So I will start a new ML in Div 2 but i have to think really hard about what teams to put in BOTH div 2 and DIV 1 and Nerf I'd like you to

1) Tell me what was your concept again with the teams you put in those 2 divisions??

and

2) What do you suggest for me?

I realize for the first time i probably won't have a SUPER realistic ML but thats okay with me... seeing Nerf's ML which is my fav at the moment... just loosened up my rules about setting up leagues a bit and i can see he has so much fun with what he's doing even though he's playing teams from different countries and its not WEFA but its also realistic in a way because when i asked him earlier about "what about WEFA" he had a good reason which i forgot but his answered justified that WEFA championship is still a REWARD because he'll get to play teams from other top leagues or something i believe which is great.

If I am to do an unrealistic league though... i'm more of a DB type of person where at least i'd like to do things like IBERIAN divisions or a league with Dutch/Belgium teams... or French/Belgium teams... but i'm also open to other suggestions.

Don't know what team i'll pick either but i know this:

1) It won't be DEFAULT Team.. it'll be a REAL team.

2) It won't be Besiktas, Brugge, PES/WE united and no south American teams for different reasons. Brugge and Besiktas because i've used some of hteir players to create players for other teams and other ones are unrealistic.

possibilities are:

- Anderlecht, AC AJaacio (love the kit.. kinda like Ajax. I also like Lokomotiv, or Spartak but i think they might be too STRONG.

@ DB - Dude i love how you get hammered by teams... 4-0 to Mallorca !! :) your story is my 2nd fav right now and still amazing!! I say KICK THat fuckin Marcinho asshole out... a player who doesn't want to play for my team will NEVER play no matter how good he is.... and Wenio is a legend!! :) Your stories are soo good I can feel the atomosphere at Madeira and how the locker room's morale is... keep up the good job bro!!

@ Prof - So you created Nancy with the original team option... very nice idea but did you create other teams like Montpellier tooo?? and if so over who??
By the way i really like how you Frenchized the team hahaaa... the first names are perfect like Jean-Alexandere Miranda who's a Leftie hahaha... and Florien Mathieuxx ... very nice idea.

@ GFK, participate more my friend... I like your Torino stories a lot and me and you as well as Nerf seem to have a lot in common with our preferences for ML.

@ LaAm, you clearly are gettin better everyday with your stories man... by the way can i see a pic of Black Mafia, Di Donato?? who's this guy? and is he truly black and Italian or another one like Fabio Liverani who's just darker than avg ITalian but not BLACK at all!!

bar_Italy_topstories.gif

Last six results

Sampdoria 0 - 2 FC Sicily W
Lecce 1 - 1 FC Sicily D
FC Sicily 4 - 1 Lazio W
WE United 1 - 1 FC Sicily D
FC Sicily 2 - 1 Chievo W
Fiorentina 2 - 1 FC Sicily L

Serie A

......Team...Pt...W...D...L...GF...GA...F/A
6 Juventus...11...3...2...1...11.....6.........5
7 FC Sicly...10...3....1...2...10.....4...........5
8 Parma......8...2....2....2...11.....8...........3

Current Serie A Top Scorer

Marini - 6

Current Serie A Top Assists

Emre - 5

PLF said:
@ LaAm, you clearly are gettin better everyday with your stories man... by the way can i see a pic of Black Mafia, Di Donato?? who's this guy? and is he truly black and Italian or another one like Fabio Liverani who's just darker than avg ITalian but not BLACK at all!!

About Di Donato....he is black but a bit light like Ferria of Roma....he is a good player though........and also Marcelihno is flipping excellent tearing up defences with his through balls and has a very good FK......i've been doing good this season but i think i will finish 8th......also i need to do a lot of training with Marini, Pagna and especially Ekong who has only missed 2 games since i started ML and is decreasing a bit.....so i have to work him a lot in off-season......don't want a talent like that who is so cossitent to decrease away.

SAFE :)

Hook me up with a picture of Di Donato. I want to see a PROPER black Italian guy for once lol.. not like Ferrari or Liverani but there isn't any yet!! hahaha..

take care

Very true points about Division Two, PLF. I've noticed since I've got promoted that you get loads more money in Div 1 than Div 2. In Div 2 it's sometimes a struggle to cover your wages, whereas in Div 1 you get so much that it's not a worry at all.

My concept was basically to pick a very weak team, enter it into a competitive league and still have further competition available in the WEFA tournaments.

I created a Premiership, Serie A and La Liga with the top sixteen teams from those countries. The fourth league would then be the best of the rest, featuring the top teams from Germany, France, Holland, and Belgium, plus Dynamo Kiev and Sparta Prague thrown in for their quality. I decided that selecting the cream from several nations was the only way of ensuring I was playing in a league that was strong throughout and would give me a challenge from top to bottom.

From those countries I compiled a total of 23 teams, the best 16 of which I put in Div 1, the other 7 I put in Div 2 alongside my chosen club. I picked De Graafschap because, as you recommended at the time, they are pretty much the lowest rated team in the game (or one of them), and being Dutch they still fit in to the theme of the league.

If you want me to post a list of the teams I put in each league/division then just let me know.

My response about WEFA was that the 'glory' ties still exist, because the really massive teams like Milan, Barcelona, Chelsea etc are still in the other leagues, so the WEFA competitions aren't weakened very much at all.

If you really want to create a 'bi-country' league, I think the only one that appeals to me is DB's Iberian league. That way you get the big Spanish teams alongside the big Portuguese trio. I can't think of many other ways of doing it effectively. If you did Dutch/Belgian or French/Belgian... I don't think that would be very effective, because there are only two Belgian teams and they are not very good. A French/Belgian/Dutch league would work better, though that's a bit more of a geographical stretch ;)

Of the possible teams you mentioned... Anderlecht I think are too strong, especially with Kompany there. There aren't many bad players and there are some other stand out guys like Baseggio, Aruna, Mpenza etc. The two Moscow teams I'd say are way too strong.

AJ Ajaccio seems the weakest of the ones you mentioned, BUT you still have Andre Luiz and Marcelinho (at least in my out-dated option file). If they weren't there Ajaccio would be a decent choice in my opinion, but it's up to you.

Okay that was a much longer post than intended. Hope it helps :)

Thank you Nerf, been waiting for your response for a while now and I dont think it should've been any shorter ;)

Yes I agree with everything you say again... If i do it the way you did... i think its best because WEFA still holds its true meaning because its the only place you can face the REAL top clubs of the big 3 leagues while my own league will give me a challenge as well.

The only thing is

1) I don't know what team to be

2) The teams I like such as Lokomotiv because of Izmailov ;) or Anderlecht might be TOO STrong.. and i'll quickly get promoted to Div 1 and then Ajaccio might be good but if i'm them i always imagined playing against other French teams with LOADS of French players not against the Best of Germany/Holland/France plus the likes of Kiev, Sparta. Anyways i've got some good thinking to do but I'd like to talk to you more about this and i'm not sure i want a SUPER weak team ... I mean i dont like to play as de Grafschap when i'm facing the likes of Lyon/Werder Bremen/Kiev... I liked playing as weaker teams when i had the proper division like the whole EPL/La Liga where there would be CRAPPIER clubs as well or mid-table ones as well as top ones like Lyon but if we are to put the best 23 teams outside of top 3 leagues and me competing in those... there won't really be any WEAK teams.

They will all be kinda like in same level

Benfica
Porto
Lyon
PSG
Dortmund
Bayern
Werder
Dinamo Kiev
Rangers
CEltic

you know what i mean??? apart from Bayern there probably isn't a REAL giant in there and there are no WEAK teams either..??? so yes i would appreciate any info you can post about your own ML in terms of what teams you originally put in Div 2 and Div 1 and also what you'd suggest ME To do if its any different.

take care... and i've got some more questions for you but can't remember right now.

take care

PLF said:
any info you can post about your own ML in terms of what teams you originally put in Div 2 and Div 1
Division One:
Bayern Munich, Leverkusen, Dortmund, Schalke, Stuttgart, Bremen
Monaco, Lyon, Marseille, PSG
Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord
Anderlecht
Sparta Prague, Dynamo Kiev

Division Two:
Hamburg, Hertha Berlin, Wolfsburg
Auxerre, RC Lens, Nantes
Club Brugge
De Graafschap

I know what you mean about the teams being on a similar level and not really any weak teams, but that was the whole reason why I decided to do it this way ;). If I wanted to play other weak teams I would pick a real domestic league with all the domestic teams involved, so I'd be in La Liga and play against Levante, Albacete etc, or in the Eredivisie against ADO or Den Bosch. But I didn't want to play other weak teams because I wanted them all to be better than me, to make it a challenge.

I don't know how you can create a challenging league without filling it full of strong teams. If you want a mixture of strong teams, mediocre teams and weak teams... well you had that in La Liga already and you found it too easy.

How about doing what DB/Prof have done and create a new team? Pick a team that isn't in the game, like DB's Maritimo, create the team and fill it with really poor players. Then you could create a domestic league with strong teams, mediocre teams and weak teams for your really weak team to play in.

I'm not sure how else you could do it and still keep it a challenge. Sounds like you're going to have to compromise somehow, either your challenge or your realism.

No the creating a new team option is not available to me. I somehow fucked up the DEFAULT Boys when editing the game before burning this DVD and now when i pick them... game crashes.. so i have to pick a real team and even if i go for the original team option with 3 players... i can't because that uses default players and they all stay near the bench when match starts.. lol something really freaky that i can't even explain well but could show you if i had a camera but just think of it as if match freezes... cuz i can't actually explain what happens lol all my starting 11 players aren't PRESENT on the pitch.. they're near the bench and can't make it quite inside its very funny.

but it doesn't matter... as i never intended to play with them anyways.

Anyhoo, you're right i guess... thanks for posting your division.. i've got some thinkin to do i guess to see whats best.

p.s. So you haven't included teams like Rangers/Celtic/Porto/Benfica or at least 1 of the Greek or Russian teams in?? i probably would but then again there'd be no WEAK teams and no super strong teams except Bayern probably but i'm not sure if i want to play with a SUPER weak team against ALL Teams that are much superior to me now.. i mean i liked playing with weak teams cuz i knew while my attack is shit.. there'll be a few games in a season where my opponents defence will be SHIT too like against Albacete or Levante but now with this... i dunno i've got some thinking to do regarding whether i want to do this or not now... but i probably will as i need a NEW APPROACH to ML since i've been getting bored with my all realistic, domestic leagues in the past.

Take care for now Nerf.

I think my next ML will involve a German/Lowlands division.

So, in my Nancy ML, i'm doing terribly, floating around bottom and second from bottom in Div 2. I now can't achieve second place either, so no promotion. However, i'm doing well in the cup. Yesterday i played the 1st leg of the semi-final against SM Caen and beat them 5-0. So i reckon i'm pretty much through. Here are all 5 goals.
I've set Légus' celebration to the one where he shouts into the microphone. "But!" he bellows (that's French for goal ;) ). It's great because it comes over the stadium's P.A. system (although technically it's for the TV coverage). It's basically Rob Earnshaw's celebration, although if you wanted that completely, you'd have to set the flips as "celebration 1" and then this mic one, as "celebration 2," and they should flow together as one.

Moving on back to the league. Ajaccio came to town, and a win for us here, could have launched us up into midtable. It was looking good for a while as we werea goal to the good. However, 4 minutes from time, Cyril Chapuis pulled this out of the bag. I had to hold my hand up at this one.

I want my ml to be realistic.. But i cant find a good team to play with...

Some great goals there Prof! I really liked Dja Djedje's second, faked the keeper very nicely, but the Chapuis volley is just a beauty ;)

Season eight has not started well at all. I've been doing a lot of tactical experiments and they have pretty much all failed miserably! The latest resulted in a humbling 4-0 defeat at promoted PSV, though it was a stunning hattrick by Farfan.

Eight matches played and I'm in almost exactly the same situation as last year. One win, two draws and five emphatic defeats mean that only win-less Schalke are keeping us off the foot of the table. Looks like we've got some work to do ;)

Alright I now know which team I'll be choosing.

It will be none other than one of my fav French teams with a rich history, St. Etienne.

I decided to do this because

1) I've always loved the French league and their teams because they have a lot of black players and tunisians/Algerians... i just like the whole diversity and like playing with team that has many black players.. I dunno why.. I just don't like playing with like some Spanish team where there is not even ONE. I like having them with different freaky hairstyles.. like those dreadlocks.. or long hair and buzz cut.. and little 18 year old Vieras that will be grown from clubs like St. Etienne or Auxurre.

2) I like their green jersey and the black 2nd strip and have never played with a GREEN team before.

3) I like many of their players.. like Julien Sable.. Pascal Feindunou... Meslien... Illunga.. Piquonne.. and others and their team has good balance of older/younger players and good enough depth while its not the strongest team.. its certainly got GOOD enough players... and is better than Ajaccio and MUCH MUCH better than de Grafschap, Nerf.

However... It doens't matter... if I pick St. Etienne and then do a league with the likes of Kiev, Prague and other top teams it should still be hard as St. Etienne has been no more than a relegation battler in France in recent years and playing against the likes of Leverkusen, Lyon and Porto should still provide a good challenge although not as much as your de Grafschap team would give.

So Nerf I know its not the weakest team but I also had to pick a weak team that I liked.. and I liked their jersey and I believe St. Etienne is the best choice I could've had and they're not too strong though they have some good youngsters and some desecnt players already.

Anyways.. i'll be probably be doing a sort of league like yours but will either include Porto/Benfica in La Liga and Rangers/Celtic in EPL or in my own league. I'll see.

take care for now.

I'll be bringing back St. Etiene 10 times French champions and one of the most successful French teams back to glory days but hopefully it'll take a while and I won't be promoted in 1st season :D

by the way Nerf I see you struggling in Div 1 and I hope to do the same once I get promoted due to either lack of money or our rules.. but i wanna know do you play on 6* or 5? and 10 mins games or 15?

I like French and African players too PLF, that's why i enjoy the league. They always seem to have some promising talents, be they French, Algerian, Ivorian, etc.

My next major ML will be with FC Groningen. They have a few useful players, like Seedorf, Pinas and Hugo. I'm going to start in div 2 and do a (predominantly) Dutch, Belgian/German ML. I need to think of a good name for it though. Something along the lines of "The Lowlands blah blah League..." or what's West in Dutch? Westen? Does "De Westelijke Europese Divisie" make sense? i don't know.
PLF, i think i'll buy/loan, your fellow counrtyman Ferydoon Zandi, from 1.FCK, in this one. ;) I was waiting for a ML like this one to make a move for him.

Yeah Prof I don't know what it is about French league but i just like playing with teams and seeing French WHITE players like Pedretti then some AFricans from Togo, Ivory Coast.. and then some Brown or White Africans like Algerians and Tunisia... and Morocco and then finally some BLACK french players. Now I know EPL has this too but its not the same. In France many teams are like 50% black and more dreadlocks and freaky hair that these Guineans or other Africans have in Le Championnat but in EPL the only freaky one was Joseph Desire Job and even he gets a normal rather looking hair cut now.

Anyways I like about French league and especially St. Etienne. They have some CRAZY fans... by the way watching St. Etienne vs. Marseille right now and the pitch is covered FULLY with snow. Crazy conditions.. yet the game's quality isn't bad as you'd think and the fans are chanting.. having fun and just plain crazy.

I think their nickname is "Les Verts". Not sure as I don't know any other language except English but it probably means "The Greens" right??

By the way can someone tell me who is St. Etienne's derby match in Ligue 1?

and good to hear from your ML Prof. It seems you're not enjoying your AS Nancy game much and already thinking about new league?? well good... Gronigen is also green lol ;) and its where Robben started from. They have very good academy and are kinda like the Leeds or Atalanta of Italy.

PLF......mate you need to wait for PES5 or PES6 or something......the best thing i do is create Nottinham Forest and put Andy Ried in there......NICE!

what the hell you talking about man???

And why create Forest for Andy Reid?? him and Dawson both moved to Tottenham anyways.

I wish in the next instalment of PES they hav african fan beating thier drums and everything......because when i went back to nigeria and saw Eyimba play.....it was really amazing how the crowd were.....if you were a oppistion supporter they cheer, clap and laugh with you....you don't just get that feeling of closeness in england.....but different cultures man.

Also proff thats some good goals man.....

Juve 11 are you parma.....ac milan......brugge or are you playing all at the same time.

PLF said:
what the hell you talking about man???

And why create Forest for Andy Reid?? him and Dawson both moved to Tottenham anyways.

Oh yeah forgot....LOL.....anyways your playing as st. enttine.....to make it a bit hard for yourself play with 3 defenders

Just a few questions

I read somewhere (may have been in this thread) that there is a mic celebration ?, can someone confirm this if so whats the number for it ?

What minutes do you play for the games ?
I played 15 mins a game for 2 seasons with Fiorentina and I played a 10 min freindly and it flew by, I have got bored with Fiorentina a little just over 3 seasons with them

PLF, St Etienne's closest rivals, proximity-wise are Lyon. That's their derby. They are just south of Lyon. Their stadium is also nicknamed 'The Cauldron" because of the atmosphere. And yes htey are called Les Verts, meaning the greens. Pretty much as it goes in football.
I am liking my Nancy ML, heh heh, i'm doing so badly!! But i want to eventually shift league, and i llike licensed kits (they're some funky ones going on in Holland).

Last edited:
Metallica, i mentioned the mic celebration a little earlier. It's number 38. I recommend setting it as celebration 2, after another one, that way they combine to make one. And listen out for him shouting down the mic! :D

Back
Top Bottom