The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

denirobob said:
hi proff, just taken a look at your goals.

some quality finishes there, especially the free kick. i know the nantes goal wasnt by you, but must agree about the lighting/camera work etc.. it looks so darn realistic!

was that the first leg versus Strasbourg?

it was indeed sir. ;)

Maritimo 1
Lobaton 37
Numancia 0

Maritimo set sail at sixth attempt

game6.jpg

After five home games, the crowd at the Estadio dos Barrieros finally have something to celebrate.

At times the Portuguese rode their luck, against a Numancia side who were also in need of a win to boost a flagging start, and must now count the cost of a number of squandered opportunities. The Madeiran's however, won't care a jot, as Abel Lobaton, the villain of the previous week's cup defeat stung the Spanish with a header that sent the whole Island into ecstasy.

First choice keeper Marcos was welcomed back, and his presence seemed to galvanise the team who began brightly and were content to keep possession and probe, rather than try to force the pace of the game.

On 37 minutes, a seemingly innocuous free kick just inside the Numancia half was taken by Ricardo Esteves. For the first time this season, the former Reggina man managed to put in a ball of real quality, with a trajectory that teased the hesitant keeper. Lobaton was quickest to react and leapt high on the edge of the box, connecting with the ball to send a looping header high into the air before coming down and nestling into the bottom of the net.

The relief that erupted was surely felt all the way into downtown Funchal, as the delighted striker wheeled away to reveal a special t-shirt dedicated to his young son still at home in Lima.

Numancia began the second half in buoyant mood, and within minutes, joint Divison 2 top scorer Juanlu fired past the post from a tight angle. As they continued tp press, Pineda carried the ball forward and struck a beautiful dipping drive that crashed against the underside of the bar from all of 35 yards. The effect of these two close calls was immediate, with the momentum once again swinging in favour of the home side, who were jolted out of their complacency.

As the second half minutes ticked by, Maritimo were content to run out the clock, whilst the visitors began a series of petulant fouls, culminating in two yellow cards for first Graff and then Ochoa as the team from the Soria province began to lose any sense of composure.

As the final whistle blew, celebrations started that carried on long into the night, commemorating the first historic win of Mr Simao's reign.

game6fan.jpg

The first "winning" eleven....

game6team.jpg

-------------------------Marcos-----------------------
Ferreira---Rui Marques--Mitchell--Eusebio
Esteves---Chainho--------Wenio----Manduca
---------------Pena-----------Lobaton--------------

-

Division 2 Roundup :

In the game of the day, Malaga overcame title chasing rivals Mallorca by a single goal, Levante won 2-1 away at Albacete and Racing and Getafe played out a 1-1 bore draw that would of been a great cure for Spanish insomniacs.

Well done Mr Simao :applause:

Well, i've updated my less authentic site HERE.

I'm halfway through the season, and Toulouse are sitting in 5th, although we bob around a bit as it's quite tight. Marseille have taken the lead at the top. I did them a favour, i suppose, by drawing with PSG, the former leaders.

The mid-season transfer window has just shut, and we've made 2 signings:
In comes young French midfielder, Mehdy Ouchene, from Atalanta Bergamo. The left-sided midfielder won't be a starter, but more of a back-up for Stéphane Dalmat.
I've also managed to get Wilfried Sanou to sign (on the 2nd attempt in the window). The "Burkina Bullet," as i have dubbed him, signed from Bundesliga outfit, SC Freiburg, on a 3 year contract. I plan to unleash the diminutive striker, in the 2nd leg of the Coupe de la ligue quarter final against RC Strasbourg. The fans are eagerly awaiting his home debut, as the promise of his athleticism upfront is drawing attention.
Midfielder, Anthony Braizat has left the club for Serie A outfit Udinese Calcio. We wish him all the best.

Hey thanks DB! I actually won't be replacing Sergio Aragoneses becaues its against my rules which says if original player is playing good .. don't just replace them with better ones but Carlos Kameni is a true upcoming talent for GK and for those of you who like it.. i haven't had him but i'm pretty sure in ML he gets to be amazing as well as he's only 20 and already class.

However i won't be picking him up because he's already better than my 1st choice keeper ;) and that won't be fair to him.

I will do some more news later.. i'm in mid-season and in process of strenghtening my squad for next season both with new acquisitions and training my existing youngsters.

I've refused to renew 5 of my players contracts and they have been released on a free and ready to sign for any clubs that show interest in them.

Amont these were:

Angel Castro 28 year old CF ---> signed for Sporting Gijon

Nacho 30 year old GK ---> Tenerife and I hear he's signed as back-up keeper for them.

Noj Cahala 25 year old GK --> Has not found a new club yet

and my LAST Keeper to get the ax was Broto I think Sergio Broto the guy who used to play for Rangers I think and is currently being linked with a move to a EPL club.. i forgot which.

Of course Gica also retired and Yordi will leave very soon. He's said to be interested in going back to Zaragoza where he had the best time of his career and with Real Zaragoza failing to get promoted to 1st division.. it is a real possibility that a deal for David Villa can be done as PLF has been said to be interested since mid-season last year.

Villa also expressed his ambitions earlier this week by saying he would not turn down the chance to play in La Liga next year. Fernando Torres might get all the hype but regular vierwers of Zaragoza matches will admit that David Villa is by no means less than the Atletico star and his dribbling/speed and his overall skill is a match for any top striker in Spain today.
(it's a shame Konami have not give him great freekick stats like he should have in real life :( )

Either way.. I'll be looking to get him as he's my 1st choice for star striker. He's fast.. and I rate him higher than Raul Tamudo although Tamudo is more established in La Liga and Villa is risky as he's not proven himself but i'm sure this player will come through for us next season if we get him as he's truly class plus Tamudo's wages are much higher than we can afford and if he moves to a La Liga club which looks likely.. it'll be to a bigger club with more resources.

P.s. I'll do more of those player/by/player descriptions and analysis... I like doing that to my squad to see what each person's value is to the team and what he can bring on the pitch for us that others can't.

I'll be looking to get a young keeper though but not someone who can directly replace Sergio Aragoneses who was impressive for me last season. I'm gonna get a young keeper who can improve but isn't that good and low on wages and an unknown because i want to have 3 Gks like in real life even though I think 2 is more than enough in PES4 as i've never even seen a GK get injured.

DREAM DOUBLE FOR FIORENTINA

Without winning a trophy in the first season, Fiorentina have bounced back in the second season by winning Serie A and the Coppa Italia. I also reached the final of the WEFA Masters Cup (UEFA Cup) but unfortunatly Chelsea were too strong and beat me 3-1. Funny thing is I didnt reach first place in the league until there was two games remaining, by beating Inter Milan with just two games left (Inter being top at the time)

Parma 0
Livorno 2

What a great match, Livorno had a good game especially Protti, and C. Luccareli. They played with confidence when Protti found the net, as Frey was out for national teams, Bresciano wasnt in form, Camara was injured, and Bovo out of condition. so Cordova, and Vanni had to play oh and I cant forget Rosina, who had an amazing game, he his the damn post.
Gilardino was out of form but still player, Morfeo was sent of at the 76' minute with a bad foul from behind.
Livorno gave a great game as they took 3rd place and I went 2nd as Siena took first but we are tied.
I am interested in 19 year old Chiumento who is an amazing youngster.

I've been feeling a lack of Div 2 action, so i'm starting a concurrent ML (gerd style) with AS Nancy Lorraine. I'm going to use the default crew (with a twist) and use the option to change 3 players.

bianca_net1.jpg

I like the Baliston kits with the coloured left shoulder (sort of Monaco style in that white & red, nicer than the Istres colours)

Anyhow, with the use of the PESeditor, i've changed some of the default names and nationalities. Miranda is now French and left-footed. Matt is now Matthieux, and French. Vorlander is now Vorlandre and Belgian :lol: you get the idea....

So, i hope to do some struggling in Ligue 2, signing those Ligue 1 reserves (on loan perhaps) and some white stat players.

Allez Nancy! :lol: :)

Don't worry ( not that you will) Toulouse will still be going, but you may see some AS Nancy goals soon.

Au revoir. :salute:

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg said:
I've been feeling a lack of Div 2 action, so i'm starting a concurrent ML (gerd style) with AS Nancy Lorraine. I'm going to use the default crew (with a twist) and use the option to change 3 players.

bianca_net1.jpg

I like the Baliston kits with the coloured left shoulder (sort of Monaco style in that white & red, nicer than the Istres colours)

Anyhow, with the use of the PESeditor, i've changed some of the default names and nationalities. Miranda is now French and left-footed. Matt is now Matthieux, and French. Vorlander is now Vorlandre and Belgian :lol: you get the idea....

So, i hope to do some struggling in Ligue 2, signing those Ligue 1 reserves (on loan perhaps) and some white stat players.

Allez Nancy! :lol: :)

Don't worry ( not that you will) Toulouse will still be going, but you may see some AS Nancy goals soon.

Au revoir. :salute:

I'm dissapointed mate that you didnt go for Brest :)

Division 2 is where its at mate - where mediocrity reigns supreme!

Just off to check the website.

db

gerd said:
Succes with Nancy Prof...
And congratulations to Db for the first victory of Maritimo...

Obrigado gerd. I think if I hadn't won that game, I would now be a human espetada, roasting over a fire, after being skewered on the branch of a bay leaf tree.

Nice to read you lots stories......I've been getting a lot of luck in my ML.....and i have a really good home form. Also Pagano the itlian SMF has been doing really well for me.....i only bought him becauise he was on a free and there wasn't any other good young itlian SMF.......I thought he was going to turn out crap. Trust me in my past ML i have bought a lot of players i was really excited about and they just turn out really crap.....i wont metion them there are about 7 of these "they are going to be good then turn out crap" player.....really annoying. Also Marini and Di Donato has also been good for me......

I post my ML outings soon.

SAFE :)

Parma 1
Reggina 0

At the 81' minute a corner kick was taken and Bolano perfectly headed the ball to Alberto Gilardino and he takes a shot, and wham the score is 1-0.
Top scorer this year is gilardino, who is playing very good, but for assists Morfeo is the man.
Im in 2nd still as Siena are too good.
legacalcio.gif

Can somone gather some info on this player called Rosina from Parma please.
3092-largepictype.jpg

bayernteam.jpg

Bayern Stay Top After De Graafschap Gift

It is said that the sign of a successful team is if you can scrape wins even when you're not playing well. In this case, Bayern Munich are justified title favourites. Yesterday the German giants failed to impress in the Stadion De Vijverberg but still came away with a victory, mainly thanks to Morten Henriksen's disastrous own goal.

The three points were enough to keep Bayern ahead of the chasing pack, enough to avoid being displaced from pole position by Dynamo Kiev's win over Nantes. They will have to start picking up their form again if they hope to remain there.

As for De Graafschap, their Division One adventure goes from bad to worse. One win in twelve matches is relegation form, which is exactly where they will be heading unless they can dig themselves out of this increasingly deep hole. As the halfway point approaches they remain deeply entrenched in the bottom two positions with only crisis-ridden Stuttgart for company.

Yesterday's match was a chance for redemption. Having discarded their unpopular 5-3-2 formation in recent weeks, De Graafschap set out with two defensive midfielders in the centre of a 4-5-1 strategy aimed at frustrating the visitors from Munich, in the same way that had enabled them to shock Werder Bremen in the cup two weeks ago. For the most part it was a success. Tymoshchuk and Sibum crowded the congested midfield and denied their more illustrious opponents time or space, while the likes of Michael Ballack were perhaps playing with one distracted eye on the crucial WEFA Champions League Group D clash in Turin on Wednesday.

Bayern's Santa Cruz still found room to test De Graafschap's rookie goalkeeper Joos Zoetebier, striking a post in the first half and forcing a save in the second, but he might as well have not made the effort; the Dutch team would hand the game to them on a plate in the 75th minute with an embarrassing defensive howler. Danish defender Morten Henriksen found himself facing his own goal under pressure from Makaay, attempted to pass the ball back to the nervous Zoetebier, and sunk to his knees in dismay as his wayward back-pass rolled beyond the young 'keeper into his own net.

With Ricardo Sousa missing - presumed injured - and Ruslan Valeev resting on the bench, the home side clearly lacked the creativity necessary to find a late equaliser. Those ever-present rumours are building once again, suggesting that Sousa could abandon De Graafschap in the transfer window next month, and on this sort of form he is unlikely to be persuaded to stay in Doetchinem.

sousarain.jpg

Ricardo Sousa betrays that sinking feeling

@Prof, I bought Sanou at my last ML, very fast player which will statisfy your and the public wills for sure!
@Nerf, nice story about ''de Superboeren''
@Db, congrats with your first victory, that will give the people some breath for now!

I ended my first season with Torino, I finished 3th with 6 points (5w 2d 6l !!) behind the number 2 and I got the same amount of points as the number 4
normal-smile.gif
So not the best season as you can see. So in the winter break I bought as promised Peter Wisgerhof! Peter Wisgerhof is doing very good, stable defender who is very all round. I also bought Yildirim with updated stats, I was very suprised that he wanted to come, he is a welcome addition with his magical right foot! In the summer I bought old Internazionale player Pasquale from Siena in swap with Nachtegall. I bought him Matt played all the time on LB position and that was not his favourite position
normal-smile.gif

After this transfers my money was out but suddenly I found Brighi in the ''unbeloning'' pool, he got dumped by Chievo! Unbelievable! He was the perfect replacement for Iorga who was OK but far not so good as Brighi! So I updated my squad for almost nothing!
Shame was I couldnt update my forwards.. Hakan Sukur stats were going down very rapidly.. But when then Everton made an offer for Mirande (who was a bench sitter) they offered 6000! Yes it was a strange summer for Torino
normal-smile.gif
With this money I could buy an back-up for Hakan Sukur who would have his last season. I bought 22 year italian bench player from Dynamo Kiev; Nanni! 189 cm high, so the ideal back-up for Hakan Sukur! And most important was that he was italian! Cause I can just buy 3 foreigners and I already have done that!

So my 2nd season can start of now! I think with this selection I can reach for promotion..

Selection AC Torino 2005

In:

-Roberto Nanni
-Peter Wisgerhof
-Matteo Brighi
-Giovanni Pasquale
-Ugur Yildirim

Out:

-Cellini (Bayern Leverkussen)
-Miranda (Everton)
-Huygens (Atalanta)
-Nachtegall (Siena)
-Kelsen (Fired!:))

Goalkeeper:

-Ivarov
-Zamenhof

Defenders:

-Valeny
-Wisgerhof
-Pasquale
-Eddington
-Daric
-Vorlander

Midfielders:

-Brighi
-Xminez
-Bianchi
-Espinas
-Iorga
-Matt
-Harty
-Yildirim

Forwards:

-Hakan Sukur
-Castello
-Nanni
-Njord

Formation 4-2-2-2 with very attacking SB:

--------Ivarov-----------------
-----Valeny--Wisgerhof
Macco-----------------Pasquale
---------Brighi-----------------
------------------Xminez------
--Yildirim----------------------
--------------------Bianchi-----
------Hakan Suker---Castello----

Next spots which need to be replaced in my team is Bianchi, that guy is great now but turns 30 too same for Castello. I fancy Montolivio from Atlanta. But for now they are good enough for another season in serie B and besides that I have no money at all!!

DIV 2, Gotta love it! 3000 pts to make up and the computer's uncanny ability to come back.

AS Nancy 2
Castello 34'
Burchet 84'

AC Ajaccio 2

Fauconnier 7'
Bezzaz 89'

After the opening day home draw, AS Nancy once again took their stadium in the hope of acquiring 3 points. It started badly, however, as the visitors went one up when Olivier Fauconnier found the net in the 7th minute. Nonetheless, it was a very balanced game, with both sides going forward in numbers. Nancy's wideman, Florent Matthieux was a thorn in the Corsican's side down the right flank. Eventually the pressure resulted in a goal from Brazilian forward, Castello, in the 34th minute.
The second half saw many missed chances, with several shots hitting the framework at both ends. In the latter stages of the game, Jacques Burchet came on to replace Gerald Ximenez. A well worked free kick from the left of the penalty area, by Pierre-Alexandre Miranda, was met in the box by Burchet, who headed passed keeper Trevisan. Nancy then looked to have it won, but for the 89th minute, when substitue Yacine Bezzaz slotted past Florent Guillaud at the other end, the Algerian registering his first goal of the campaign.

2-2 the final score.

AS Nancy Lorraine line up.

----------------------Guillaud

----------------Valéry--------Vorlandre

--Tégal-------------------------------------Edson

----------------Ragued--------Miranda

-Matthieux--------------------------------Ximenez

----------------Castello------Dja Djédjé

The names in Red are the 3 players i was allowed to swap before the start of the ML. The rest are the default ML players, some of whose names and nationalities i have edited.

So far i have played out two draws, and i need to earn another 3000 pts or so to cover my wages. I've also created a shortlist of mostly French, "white stat" players, fit for the 2nd division :)

Allez Nancy!

Professor Nutmeg said:
DIV 2, Gotta love it! 3000 pts to make up and the computer's uncanny ability to come back.

AS Nancy 2
Castello 34'
Burchet 84'

AC Ajaccio 2

Fauconnier 7'
Bezzaz 89'

After the opening day home draw, AS Nancy once again took their stadium in the hope of acquiring 3 points. It started badly, however, as the visitors went one up when Olivier Fauconnier found the net in the 7th minute. Nonetheless, it was a very balanced game, with both sides going forward in numbers. Nancy's wideman, Florent Matthieux was a thorn in the Corsican's side down the right flank. Eventually the pressure resulted in a goal from Brazilian forward, Castello, in the 34th minute.
The second half saw many missed chances, with several shots hitting the framework at both ends. In the latter stages of the game, Jacques Burchet came on to replace Gerald Ximenez. A well worked free kick from the left of the penalty area, by Pierre-Alexandre Miranda, was met in the box by Burchet, who headed passed keeper Trevisan. Nancy then looked to have it won, but for the 89th minute, when substitue Yacine Bezzaz slotted past Florent Guillaud at the other end, the Algerian registering his first goal of the campaign.

2-2 the final score.

AS Nancy Lorraine line up.

----------------------Guillaud

----------------Valéry--------Vorlandre

--Tégal-------------------------------------Edson

----------------Ragued--------Miranda

-Matthieux--------------------------------Ximenez

----------------Castello------Dja Djédjé

The names in Red are the 3 players i was allowed to swap before the start of the ML. The rest are the default ML players, some of whose names and nationalities i have edited.

So far i have played out two draws, and i need to earn another 3000 pts or so to cover my wages. I've also created a shortlist of mostly French, "white stat" players, fit for the 2nd division :)

Allez Nancy!

Hi mate, where are your 3 new recruits from ?

Db

Hello,

Franck Dja Djédjé plays for Brest in L2 (loaned out from PSG)

1096828478.jpg

Florent Guillaud is a young AS St Etienne keeper, 3rd choice i think.

Hocine Ragued is a PSG reserve player (never seems to play)

ragued.jpg

..and i have a host of similar players (L2, or L1 reserves) i wish to sign.

game7stadium.jpg

The intimidating high banked arena of the Son Moix, is the venue for this evening's Iberian Division 2 clash between Mallorca and Maritimo.

The Spanish, still smarting from their 1-0 defeat at title challengers Malaga last weekend, will be aiming to get their title bid back on track. While former basement dwellers Maritimo will be looking to name an unchanged side and build on their first victory against Numancia.

Unfortuantly for the Portuguese, fitness doubts have surfaced about Chainho, who picked up a knock in training. If the captain is unable to play, it will probably mean Wenio dropping back into a more defensive covering role and either the out of favour Marcinho or one time Wolves man Silas being given a more offensive job in midfield.

game7.jpg

For the home side, the former Cerezo Osaka player Yoshito Okubo is a definite starter and is likely to be partnered in attack by Luis Garcia.

The Japanese signing has been instrumental in the Balearic based club's impressive start and has rapidly settled into life in Europe, picking up the language equally as fast as his enthusiasm and creative thrusting have been picking up the plaudits.

game7japanese.jpg

Proff can you please get me some information on Rosina, if you have time.

skylogo.gif

FC Sicily Land MARCELINHO C.

06.jpg
Marcelinho C. at the Sicily club this afternoon

The promoted Serie A outfit beat the transfer deadline to complete the deal on Monday, and the brazilian was signed was bought for four millon euro's and a three year deal at the Sicily club

The 33-year-old has been out of favour at AC Ajaccio this term and has been plagued with injury which made it hard for the playmaker to get in the team. Now fit again after the Knee injury he asked the AC Ajaccio manager to put him on a transfer list and on came Sicily. Marcelinho said "I am happy to be at the club after rough times with Ajaccio. I also have a fellow brazilian that can help me at the club and show me around Sicily, i hope i can do well for the club".

At FC Sicily he will challenge Minanda for the number ten jersey.

FC Sicily were on the look-out for a new attacking midfielder, with only one natural playmaker in there team (Minanda). The promoted champions came second in Serie B after a succesful campaign without being beaten at home.

Last 14 results

Cagliari 3 - 0 FC Sicily L
FC Sicily 4 - 1 Getafe W
Bolonga 2 - 0 FC Sicily L
FC Sicily 2 - 2 Atalanta D
FC Sicily 0 -0 Messina D
FC Sicily 3 - 1 Livorno W
FC Sicily 1 - 0 Cagliari W
Getafe 0 - 1 FC Sicily W
FC Sicily 2 - 0 Bologna W
Atalanta 0 - 1 FC Sicily W
FC Sicily 2 - 0 Reggina W
Messina 1 - 1 FC Sicily D
Livorno 3 - 1 FC Sicily L

Italy Div2 Cup - Round 1

1st Leg: FC Sicily 0 - 5 Livorno L
2nd Leg: Livorno 2 - 2 FC Sicily D
KNOCKEDOUT!

Serie B

......Team...Pt...W...D...L...GF...GA...F/A
1 Bologna...33...10...2...2...17...6......11
2 FC Sicly...25...7....4...3...19...14.......5
3 Getafe....24...7....3....4...17...12.......5
4 Messina...24...7...3....4...19...17.......5
5 Livorno....14...3...5....6...19...22......-3
6 Cagliari....14...4...2....8...12...16.....-4
7 Atalanta..11...2...5....7...15...20......-5
8 Reggina...10...2...4....8...12...22....-11

Italy Div2 Cup Winners

Bologna

Serie B Top Scorer

Huygens - 7

Serie B Top Assists

Gautieri

======================
It was a great season for me i had a lot of luck behind me with matches i shouldn't of won........as you can see i was unbeaten at home which was cool. My players was amazing to like Ekong played every single game without being subed SERIOUSLY! Pagano done more than i expected of him was a real threat on the right and has a big burst of pace on him......Di Donato aka the black mafia :mrgreen: was really was really good at attacking and defending managed to play every game except for two.....Marini and Castolo up front was a real partnership to be reckoned with scored 8 between.....Agostini was a nice crosser on the left running past defenders managed to keep Ximenez out of the team this season......Minanda was very inconsistent but showed his class in a few matches.....the suprise player this season was Huygens with seven goals, scored four against Getafe, showed his still top class at 33.

The dissapointing thing about the season was that i got knocked out of the first round of the Italy Div 2 Cup.......with a 5 - 0 beaten by Livorno DAMN! But the really bad bit of the season was in the second to last game i could been ion contention of winning the cup in the last game......i was two points behind Bologna in the second to last match but i mangaed to draw the match and Bologna won their's so they were champions......but it could of got worst.....i lost the last game of the season and Getafe could of easily won their's and i would of finished third....luckly the lost their last game of the season.........Again so much luck that season :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom