The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

The De Graafschap scouts have been keeping an eye on Aubey for a while now, Prof ;). Looks like a quick defender who can mark an opponent - could be ideal for the left-side of my three centre-backs.

Excellent stuff db. If Wenio's determination can rub off on the rest of the team then I'm sure that first win is not far away!

graafflag.jpg

A White-and-blue Christmas

As we close out the first decade of the millennium, it is time to survey the league table and announce the unofficial 'winter champions'. Surely it must be František Straka's Sparta Prague, the yo-yo team with too much quality for Division Two. No? In that case, it has to be Hamburger SV. Thomas Doll's side may lack the star names but are no doubt crunching through the lower division with methodical efficency.

Wrong on both counts. The surprise leaders at the halfway stage are none other than De Graafschap, who have never been so high at this point before and have never finished inside the top three. Admittedly the lead is slender; just one point ahead of Hamburg, while mere goal difference separates them from favourites Sparta. Still, the fact remains that last season's fourth-placed team are sitting on top of the pile and enjoying their best ever start to a season.

The reasons? Critics are finding it difficult to pin-point any significant difference between this year's De Graafschap team and the previous ones. In terms of personnel, the only arrivals in the summer came from the double-swoop for Heerenveen duo Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Yuri Rose. However, the pair's impact on their new team has generally been negligible. Huntelaar's two goals is not a fantastic return for a €4 million striker, while Rose has struggled to force his way into the midfield ahead of the resurgent Loic Loval.

Ukrainian forward Ruslan Valeev continues to disappoint, Mamadou Zongo's three goals is no more than on par with his expected tally. Persuading Ricardo Sousa to sign a two-year extension to his contract was a major coup for the Doetchinem club, even if it was necessary to break the bank to do so, but the Portuguese playmaker has not captured the form that made him Division Two Player-of-the-Year eighteen months ago.

sousapoint.jpg

Ambition : Promotion may be required to keep Sousa happy

One player who has made an improvement is defensive midfielder Bas Sibum, now completing his first year with the club, who has added steel and solidity to the Dutch core. Behind him, Anatoliy Tymoshchuk and the tall Tim Bakens are enjoying good seasons in defence, and perhaps this is where the secret lies. Although last season's least prolific attack has not made any great strides forward, the tighter defence has conceded just four goals in seven matches - the lowest in the entire division.

It would be unwise for De Graafschap to get carried away. The squad is paper-thin and injuries would sting far harder for them than for their immediate challengers, while their relative lack of experience at being in this position could be costly further down the line. For now though, 'tis the season to be jolly in Doetchinem.

good stuff people.

Nerf as always i enjoy reading your stories... DB.. its a shame about the penalty ;) but realistic and i really like how you keep losing... must be very fun :)

GFK, is that really your name??? Guido fan?? hehhee ... good story my friend but Torino fans would probably be disappointed with SUCH A small stadium.... i mean no matter how beautiful it is.. that stadium's capacity is like 12000 in real life i think and Monaco can't even fill it up which is why Monaco can NEVER be taken that seriosly in my opinoin... they're just a VERY Small club.. kinda like Parma... I guess... and while success does bring you some fans... its your own faithful city fans that matter and Parma and Monaco are both very small.. which sucks.

Anywyas wish your Torino team the best of luck though.

As for Metallica, yes i think you're right players like that ruin the game.... but they only do when you KNOW about them... meaning if nobody ever talked about Kaebi on this board.... it wouldn't be a bad thing if you bought him by yourself and thought you had discovered a gem a Persian nobody who'll be a star and it'd be really fun... like I did with Muntari before hearing about him as well.

My point is they only become CHEATS when people talk about them... so why talk about more of them like Holmes and etc.?? lets not. :)

PLF said:
good stuff people.

Nerf as always i enjoy reading your stories... DB.. its a shame about the penalty ;) but realistic and i really like how you keep losing... must be very fun :)

Fun?!?? Fun?! dont talk to me about fun mate.

This is way more horrendous than my start at Stuttgart and that was poor.

Now i'm not normally a violent chap but when that last minute spot kick was spooned over, the red mist well and truely came down and the air was turned blue with expletives. In the 5 games so far I've experienced anger, disgust, frustration and sweaty palms that you'd normally only associate with a more pleasurable activity.

Sorry, but looks like you might have touched a nerve there ;)

Db

Just think though, when you scrape your first win, perhaps a 1-0, it'll feel great.

Have you tried tinkering with your formation? I tended to use 3-5-2 with the default crew in past PESs, with Miranda behind Castello and Huygens, plus 2 DMFs and 3 at the back. That makes 5 in defence, and 5 in attack. It was my "Yin Yang" philosophy, the whole movement of 2 energies. It worked, of course.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Just think though, when you scrape your first win, perhaps a 1-0, it'll feel great.

Have you tried tinkering with your formation? I tended to use 3-5-2 with the default crew in past PESs, with Miranda behind Castello and Huygens, plus 2 DMFs and 3 at the back. That makes 5 in defence, and 5 in attack. It was my "Yin Yang" philosophy, the whole movement of 2 energies. It worked, of course.

very true my friend, but will that first victory come to late to prevent me (sorry I mean Mr Simao) from the chop ?

After the dismal showing in the first two games I decided to ditch the 4-2-3-1 for a more standard 4-4-2. This has at least increased the number of shots I've had - as i prefer a big man little man combo. And has also allowed me a greater share of possesion (although always under 50%). With the old system i managed just one solitary shot against Levante in a 15 minute game which demonstrates mine and the default players general ineptitude.

I've always liked to play using the wings and getting crosses in, although Esteves on the right hand side has yet to really settle in but i still hold out hope that he will do the business sooner rather than later. Castello (Lobaton) is a good player and tireless worker but gets brushed off the ball too easily in the area for my liking.

Ah for the days when I could afford the luxury of a Benjani or even god forbid! a Sokota!!!

Db

Db, i also tended to use a 3-5-2 formation with the default team.
At the back: Valery-Vorlander-Strömer
With Iorga and Cellini as DMF
Ximelez and Espinas (he's the best for me) as SMF
Miranda behind the strikers
and upfront Castello and the Spanish guy (forgot his name, he's a very good header and was sensational for me in PES3).
This formation worked very well for me, especially on the counter attack (which one has to do since most of the time you play against better teams).
Have you changed three default players for others????

Yup, you need goals, so don't go with one upfront. Might i suggest 4-3-3? It worked well for me at Cagliari. The main things are a good anchor man (perhaps whoever your Cellini is) slightly deeper than the other two, but keep it narrow. Probably Huygens as the CF in the centre, with Castello as one winger (i had wide wingers, but you could keep them narrow and play them as 3 CFs i suppose, but the wingers is what created the space for me) and maybe Matt/Ximenez/Burchet/Espinas at the other. with widemen, you should get loads of crosses coming in. You should also get opportunities to cut in (Castello would be good at this). You could even play Castello as the CF and have Huygens come on as sub CF if it's not working, and put Castello on a wing.

Or if you are also defence conscious as well, tuck the 2 wingers back just into the midfield, so that they are SMFs, and you get a "V" shape in the midfield forking out from your anchorman, with your striker nestled upfront, yet supported by the 2 SMF's when attacking. A versatile 4-5-1/4-3-3. Use arrows to determine their movements too, you want them to track back as well.

Last edited:
gerd said:
Db, i also tended to use a 3-5-2 formation with the default team.
At the back: Valery-Vorlander-Strömer
With Iorga and Cellini as DMF
Ximelez and Espinas (he's the best for me) as SMF
Miranda behind the strikers
and upfront Castello and the Spanish guy (forgot his name, he's a very good header and was sensational for me in PES3).
This formation worked very well for me, especially on the counter attack (which one has to do since most of the time you play against better teams).
Have you changed three default players for others????

hi pal,

yep - I got rid of Kelsen, Cecil & Harty.

Baroja i guess youre thinking of. I played 3-5-2 in my final few seasons with stuttgart and it worked well although the calibre of players were much higher.

Perhaps i need to be willing to commit more men forward, obviously its trying to find the balance as the defence is no great shakes either.

Cheers

Db

Professor Nutmeg said:
Yup, you need goals, so don't go with one upfront. Might i suggest 4-3-3? It worked well for me at Cagliari. The main things are a good anchor man (perhaps whoever your Cellini is) slightly deeper than the other two, but keep it narrow. Probably Huygens as the CF in the centre, with Castello as one winger (i had wide wingers, but you could keep them narrow and play them as 3 CFs i suppose, but the wingers is what created the space for me) and maybe Matt/Ximenez/Burchet/Espinas at the other. with widemen, you should get loads of crosses coming in. You should also get opportunities to cut in (Castello would be good at this). You could even play Castello as the CF and have Huygens come on as sub CF if it's not working, and put Castello on a wing.

Or if you are also defence conscious as well, tuck the 2 wingers back just into the midfield, so that they are SMFs, and you get a "V" shape in the midfield forking out from your anchorman, with your striker nestled upfront, yet supported by the 2 SMF's when attacking. A versatile 4-5-1/4-3-3. Use arrows to determine their movements too, you want them to track back as well.

Hi mate,

I could try 4-3-3 perhaps. The 4-2-3-1 system was letting me down as i wasnt getting players forward to support the lone striker which again isn't so much of an issue with a better target man/ and or better supporting players.

I'm sure your right and that 1-0 scoreline will come. I wouldnt mind getting beat 4-2 or something. Just the opportunity to see the onion bag ripple, would boost the morale in the camp i'm sure.

Db

Thanks mate, and to think he has something like Shot acc 66, and shot power 70, or something.

Needed a result in that game. 0-0 at home to Ajaccio wouldn't have gone down well with the fans. Cue Nabil Taider. Boy did i celebrate. Shame you can't see it context if you know what i mean.

There was people here talking about how 5* is harder than 6* who ever said that is flipping hard......I just keep on losing in ML.....the computer always seems to take the lead and defends vey well.....i don't know maybe it might be my defence because i use 3 at the back......but the computer seems to play so well and pass the ball.....you can tell by my results with my ML team it's difficult......on 6* the computer seems to attack more which make them prone to counter attacks......who ever said 5* is harder than 6* is right.....BLOODY HELL!

Professor Nutmeg said:
Yeah, i think it's a pesfan thing. i have a V1 which i have since modified myself, but i get the odd flag thing like that too.

Thats what happened to me i had these wierd players coming up......but infact they were japenese, korean and dutch players edited to make new unreleastic one's like wildflower....i don't know what the pesfan people were on there :shock:

Its not PESFANs faults.. Konami has in his game ''youth players'' like the had in PES3 too.. They are all players from 16/17/18 years old who comes available after some seasons in ML. But they are just created players by Konami and not PESFAN.
Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think so..

@PLF, no Guido is not my name but I needed to find a dutch name in the trend of GFK :)) BTW I like the stadium of Monaco a lot maybe one day we will make it bigger but for now we dont have money :))

@Nerf, Bakens is in reallife 2,02 metres. I had Bas Sibum too at Porto Santa, he is indeed a cheap but worthfull player for your team only shame is that he is always injuried at least 8 weeks a season!

GFK said:
Its not PESFANs faults.. Konami has in his game ''youth players'' like the had in PES3 too.. They are all players from 16/17/18 years old who comes available after some seasons in ML. But they are just created players by Konami and not PESFAN.
Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think so..

Your right there but there are other crazy players....check the japenese, korean and dutch squad and you not what i mean....PLAYBOY

Professor Nutmeg said:
trying to delete doubles.

How?

denirobob said:
and i think 4* is tough. jeez.

When you get promoted proball in 5 season time the way your going :lol: play on 5*

Trust me 5* is hard the computer really plays well on that difficulty........or it might just be itilian teams are hard.....because i was playing league mode and i was ac milan on 5* and i finished 5th in the league......i just kept on drawing....it was difficult....i remeber getting beat buy Lecce 5 - 1.

Last edited:
DonkeyHuylens said:
Can any of you chaps let me know how to get those pictures up on posts as i'm trying to prepare my first master league post.

Highlight the picture link and click on this icon
insertimage.gif
do it to all the direct links you get your pictures from too.

Please someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited:
logostrap.gif

DRAMA SICILY

team_pt.jpg

Poor league form

Sicily managed to bag only two wins in Serie B and finishing 7th in the league. They had the worst defensive record conceding 17 goals and only scoring a measly 7 goals, the team’s top scorer was Marini with 3 goals.

babbel-09-04-03_6659512.mittel.jpg

Babbel breakdown

It was certain that babble was going to move to Sicily during the summer transfer window, the ex-German Int’l has spent most of his time in Stuggart warming up the bench for likely players. Stuggart and Sicily failed to agree terms with each other, Sicily first offered €500,000 for the player but Suggart rejected the offer and soon after the negotiation broke down.

050216Groupe.jpg

Pre-Season training

During pre-season there was disorganisation in the Sicily camp which caused the players not to get their match fitness up for the new season. The players had to go to three games with only 30 minutes warm-ups before the games. There were different reasons for no training like a bomb scare, insects ruining the training pitch condition and etc.

Une.jpg

But it hasn’t been all been bad news castello has signed a new three year contract at the club. They managed to sign two new players: Di Donato (Sampdoria) and Progna (Siena) both on a free. They chairman also confirmed that Mr. Laam is going to continue managing the club.

Reporter: Gavin Hamilton

denirobob said:
Fun?!?? Fun?! dont talk to me about fun mate.

This is way more horrendous than my start at Stuttgart and that was poor.

Now i'm not normally a violent chap but when that last minute spot kick was spooned over, the red mist well and truely came down and the air was turned blue with expletives. In the 5 games so far I've experienced anger, disgust, frustration and sweaty palms that you'd normally only associate with a more pleasurable activity.

Sorry, but looks like you might have touched a nerve there ;)

Db

:lol: Great post

milan5.jpg

Balon D'or winner Shevchenko will be signing a 4 year deal with Club Brugge.
Club Brugge recently have had problems with top scorer Blondel who got injured, against Parma.
blondeljonathan2_0.jpg

LaAm said:
Highlight the picture link and click on this icon
insertimage.gif
do it to all the direct links you get your pictures from too.

Please someone correct me if i'm wrong.

100% correct.
:applause: Congrats.

Professor Nutmeg said:
LaAm, they tried to delete doubles by changing one of the two, to different players. Hence you'll notice they're Austrian and with all stats at 50 , and a made up name.

But are these players even real?

==========

juventus11 sheva to brugge :shock: ....why would he go there unless he is 37 years old on you ML.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom