The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Professor Nutmeg said:
I'm testing something out, so here's Taider's last minute winner for Toulouse
Great strike Prof! ;)

GFK said:
@Nerf, Bakens is in reallife 2,02 metres. I had Bas Sibum too at Porto Santa, he is indeed a cheap but worthfull player for your team only shame is that he is always injuried at least 8 weeks a season!
Yeah, Bas got injured in pre-season but luckily it was only a minor one. Hopefully he can continue to avoid the physio because he has made a difference in the middle of the park.

Sparta Success, Hamburg Hell

Sparta Prague's victory confirmed their position as Division Two champions last night, but the real drama was to be found in Doetchinem where De Graafschap snatched promotion from the hands of Hamburger SV in a tense final fixture.

The Germans will be cursing their luck this morning, knowing that a draw would have been enough to secure their return to the top flight. Instead, a one-nil defeat in the raucous Stadion De Vijverberg doomed them to another season in the second division and allowed De Graafschap to steal that all-important runner-up promotion spot from under their noses.

Midfielder Yuri Rose was the hero, pouncing in the 65th minute to swivel and hook a left-footed volley past goalkeeper Sascha Kirschstein. Hamburg substitute Slawi Hleb gave the home side a late scare when his 78th minute shot rebounded off the inside of Van Emmerik's goalpost, but Rose's single strike proved enough for De Graafschap to cling on and book their place in Division One for the first time in the club's history.

Across the border in Belgium, Division Two top-scorer Tomas Jun's ninth goal of the season helped Sparta to a 2-0 win over Club Brugge in a forerunner to next week's cup final.

spartawin.jpg

How Yuri Rose To The Occasion

WEFA Weekly caught up with De Graafschap midfielder Yuri Rose this week to ask him about the goal that sealed his team's promotion...

WW: Tell us about the moment when you scored your goal...
YR: It all happened very quickly. Anatoliy Tymoshchuk's delivery was good, I think Tim Bakens headed the ball down, and it just seemed to sit up nicely in front of me. I just had to concentrate on hooking my left foot around the ball, which is not my strongest side, and luckily it bounced past the keeper.

WW: How did it feel? Did you think at the time that you had scored the winner?
YR: No, I wasn't sure. Hamburg had been a threat to us throughout the game and there was still twenty-five minutes to go. I was delighted and I knew how important it was, but when we were back at the centre circle for the kick-off I knew we had to concentrate on defending to make it count.

WW: The injury to Ricardo Sousa had forced the manager to make some changes at half-time, and you came out looking brighter in the second half. What was said during the interval?
YR: Losing Ricardo at the end of the first-half was a blow, as most of our play is focussed through him. We don't have a direct replacement for him in the squad, so the coach brought Loic Loval in alongside me and urged us both to start making runs into the box more frequently. It seemed to work because it altered the pace of our midfield a little.

WW: How do you look upon your first season with De Graafschap?
YR: Now? With satisfaction. I think if you had asked me this three, four months ago I might have given a different answer. I was not happy with my performances in the first half of the season, I was finding it difficult to find my place in the team, but I think I have settled in very well now. Obviously the promotion puts a greater shine on things too.

WW: What are your aims for the coming season in Division One?
YR: Oh, survival. Nothing more. I think if we can avoid relegation and consolidate our place in the division then that will be a great success for De Graafschap.

Been busy lately so haven't played or posted but i still enjoy reading everyone else's stuff plus nowadays we got a good group, we have like 7-8 constant ML players with their stories here... and each in different leagues/teams and level of players with DB being at the bottom of the barrel of course ;) Even Benjani has too much quality for his team ... hahhaa. ;) just kiddin DB but your stories are VERY good... and I get the feeling your team is as weak as my Getafe side where a player with even 1-2 yellow stats REALLY starts to stand-out.

Great post about the FUN thing hahaa.. yeah i still think its fun when I LOSE... and I hate it when i DRAW so many, i want to lose and more specificallly CONCEDE more goals because you can't lose when you don't concede goals.. but good joke about the "Sweaty hands and More pleasurable things lol". I also agree with Prof, your team's start hasn't been great but once you start PLAYING better... with your team having more possession and creating more chances.. you'll enjoy it EVEN more than rest of us who do it on regular basis ;) and finally when do get that first 1-0 victory.. it'll feel amazing.

As for others

@GFK, Oh i SEe lol... And Who's this Bakens guy who's 202 in real life?? Do I need to edit him or does he have his correct height in the game?

@Nerf, at last promotion ;) good job my friend.. looking forward to reading your stories about survival and hopefully not much more in Div 1. It should be a nice variety now after a few seasons of 14 games only. Hope you do well and congrats to Rose :)

@Prof, WOW man that video clip was AMAZING.. at first i thought it was a REaL-soccer match which is really a compliment to both your camera and Konami ;) nice goal too. Amazing quality though on that cliip... you should use it more often to show us goals like your Cagliari days and we'll promise we won't hog your server or whatever your concern is.. or is it bandwith?? i dunno i'm not good with computers.

@LaAm, your stories are getting much better man.. too bad Babbel negotiations broke down.. he's quality player and could've brought much international quality experience to your side. And you're right about 5*. That's why i always told everyone here to play on 5* as its the best one because CPU is hard but not too prone to counter-attacks and its what i've been playing for for a long time but even this is easy now :(

And finally people, i hope none of you are still REGULATING condition. We discussed this before and decided we should try it.. well I did this season with Getafe and its a great ADDITON well.. to my ML. It's just good to see your players with blue arrows sometimes and its up to you to pick your MAIN player on grey or blue or a substitute normally with RED and it also helps makes your players more TIRED in long run because training also helps with that... so i urge you all not to do it if you're still doing it as doing that makes all the arrows at LEAST green which aint really realistic as someddays players are just not as fit or healthy as other days... in real life.

Anyways i'm out 4 now... i've got 3 matches left to finish my 1st season as Getafe manager.. against valencia, R. Madrid and Betis I think.

Take care

OK, here's another goal ;)

This was FC Nantes', Florin Bratu's 28th minute winner which beat me 1-0 at home. As you will see, it was a great balll from Yapi-Yapo (but where was my defence on this occasion?) The promising but inexperienced Benvegnu came rushing out of his goal, but got pipped to the post. A god lob from the Romanian though.

Bratu goal

Wow... very nice through ball by Yapi-Yapo. And your camera is amazing lol.... it makes the game look better than i actually think it is ... notice how Bratu's chip finally bounces the ground in net and all that water sprays up because the pitch is wet.. it looks very nice and can't say i've noticed it much before.

PALERMO NEW COACH

toni_moretti(gps)3262_std.jpg

Luca Toni has just returned from a Calf injury 3 mothes ago. Matteo the new coach had mentioned that he has a friend at Palermo, he said that Brienza was a old bud from Manchester Matteo United.
It seems that Santana will not start this season, because Gonzalez will be taking his place, due to injury.
Seria Tim was prowd to anounce to be the sponser of Palermo.
logo_a_news.gif

It seems like Barone will be playing for the national team of Italy, said Lippi ex coach of Juventus.
lippi.jpg

Juventus win the champions league thanks to Pavel Nedved Free Kick.
Palermo will be playing a very tough match coming up against, Parma. Palermo are 5th play they have played 2 matches and tied both games, we have concided 1 goal this season and have scored 1 goal this season, we will hope to keep Corini who will have a early retirment, but for now Palermo keep interest in the Seria A, as we have enogh potencial to get there.
Logo%20Lega_Calcio.jpg

Palermo fans are all happy for there position this year, last year they ended in 7th, so we may have a chance to reach 2nd or 1st.

Wow.. I've got a lot to tell you guys about!! I finally played the last 3 remaining matches of my 1st season with Getafe today and LOST all 3!!!! :)

It's one of the best pleasure i've gotten with PES4.... and this is by far my worst personal form in ML with 3 straight losses. I hadn't had back-to-back losses in a LONG time... and usually even when i lost it was 1-0 and i was not outplayed but today this is what happened.

Getafe vs. Valencia
-------------------

Valencia threatened through the whole match with Di Vaio, Aimar, Vicente and Fiore... but Sergio Aragoneses was on top of his game and made some unbelievable stops from close-range. I wish i had Prof's camera.. i'd show you a very exciting 6 secs where Aragoneses saved 3 shots... 2 were rebounds from 6-yards out.. and another one was blocked by my defender throwing himself in front of the ball to prevent it from going over the line.

Valencia clearly deserved to win but score was kept level up untill the 84th minute when defence finally made a mistake by not clearing the ball quick enough where Aimar punished them from edge of the box.

Game finished 1-0 but was very enjoyable because they totally raped me and should've won by a much greater margin had it not been for man of the match, Sergio Aragoneses.

aragoneses.jpg

man of the match

Next match was against Betis who were now 7 points ahead of me with 2 games to go and it was impossible for me to finish ahead of them and knock them off 5th spot... but by now I had also established myself as 6th team in the league because 7th placed team, Atletico Madrid was 7 points behind me and impossible to catch me so maybe thats why my players were not motivated.

This game was a totally different story, Getafe despite playing away from home played quite good but Ricardo Oliveira had 2 half-chances and converted both to give Betis a satisfying 2-0 win and for the first time give Getafe back-to-back defeats.

And 3rd and last game of season tonight was a "Farewell" game for Gica Croiveanu in a way who had been a shadow of his former self in 2nd half of the season but started the match against Galaticos. In this game there was nothing at stake as Real Madrid had already won the league many games ago and were 21 points ahead of 2nd placed Barcelona and Getafe would finish 6th either way.

Yet the match turned out to be pretty exciting after all, in 6th minute, Ronaldo the top La Liga goal-scorer with 24 goals punished Getafe after picking up a rebound from a Zidane shot that was parried away by S. Aragoneses.

Then in 73rd minute, Roberto Carlos made his trademark run down the left-hand side in a very advanced position and was picked out by a beautiful through ball from Zidane. Carlos made no mistake delivering a picture-perfect cross to the middle of area where an advancing Gravesen got his first goal in the Madrid jersey.

In 84th minute, for the last time in his long illustrious career, Gica showed what he's capable of by going past 2 players despite being ineffective during whole match and then unselfishly set up Alberto for only his 2nd goal of the season.

Match finished 2-1 for Real Madrid and they finished season with NO LOSSES. 2 draws and 28 wins which was a new record for them and Getafe succeded in making 2 opposite records for themselves as well.

1) Their highest ever finish in La Liga and were the surprise package of the season finishing in the last European spot when they were hot favs to go down at begining of season

2) Lost 3 matches in a row!!!! \\:o/

-------------------------

Anyways Getafe fans have already forgotten about the 3 last defeats and the team's dismal finish to the season and are pretty satisfied with how the team has been growing over the last 2 years. The fans are especially excited about seeing their ever under-dog team fighting the Europe's best in next year's Champions league that is if they get through the qualifying group stages though. :D

So it is now the end of season and I will surely have to strengthen my squad and get rid of some players who don't feature in my plans anymore and are not La Liga quality.

1st one out is Angel Casas the 28 year old Forward made only 4 appearances this season, 3 as a sub and failed to make any impression on manager Paco PLF. ;) He finished with no goals and no assists and as previously reported, Getafe have not renewed his contract and he has left for Sporting Gijon as previously agreed. Getafe Football Club wish him the best and hope he can rejuvenate his career in Segundo Division.

It is reported that Yordi will also leave in the next few days as he's been sitting on bench all season and had expressed his desire to leave the club at end of the season to play regular football.

1095021173_0.jpg

Yordi in a rare appearance for Getafe

When asked by the media about Yordi's situation, PLF had this to say:
"Yordi and I had a disucssion in Late January where he clearly expressed that he wished to move so he could get his career back on track. Unfortunately there were no offers for him during the mid-season transfer window and he said he'll wait till end of season. But now the time has come and I'm almost certain that he won't be with us next season and will be playing his football elsewhere. If I receive any offers for him, we WILL accept it. He's not in my plans for the future and clearly doesn't want to be here and we will not force players to stay with us."

Yordi has been a major disappointment for Getafe this season. After coming over only last summer as one of the only major signings for the side in hopes of surviving La Liga, he has barely featured and when on the field failed to impress. Yordi who was a success with Real Zaragoza had come to Getafe last season and many saw him as one of Getafe's brightest players and hopes for keeping alive in the primera league. He had signed a 3 year contract last summer but after one horrendous year as he describes it, him and Getafe have agreed to part ways and it will only be a matter of days.

*In other news, Getafe have made Star player, Fransisco Gallardo a permanent member of their squad."
The skillful right winger was signed on loan originally at the beginning of last-season from Seville where he was deemed surplus to requirements with an option to make the move permanent, should he impress. Well.. that's exactly what he's done and has now made a permanent switch to the "Alfonso Perez" outfit.

Gallardo.jpg

Gallardo: "Of course I want to stay here. I feel at home when I'm playing for Getafe. I had no intentions of going back to Sevilla as I clearly don't fit in to the manager's plans and I don't want to play where i'm not appreciated. Here in Getafe everybody is nice to me and treats me with respect. I even have fans coming up to me and calling me this team's star player.. I certainly don't think i'm fully deserving of that and I believe there are players who've worked harder than me this season and many I look up to but I must say as a young player it brings you extra confidence when you see fans standing behind you like that and this is why I was quick to agree a personal contract once I knew Getafe had finished talking to Sevilla for a deal for me to stay here at HOME!"

Last edited:
Angel Torres Sanchez: "I will KEEP my promise!"

Angel_Torres.gif

Just 3 days after Getafe's final La Liga match this season, club president, Torres Sanchez has publicly stated to the fans that he will stand by his promise to the fans and manager PLF and that the club will use its resources to move this club forward.

It was reported earlier this week that manager PLF and Mr. Sanchez had had a meeting at mid-season where the club President had promised to make additional funds available for the club to acquire new players and improve the overall depth and quality of squad should they be playing in Europe next season."

When asked about this rumour, Torres Sanchez replied:
"It's true. We did have a meeting and I was delighted at the time with our position in mid-season and wanted to repay the fans and assure our commander in charge, Mr. PLF that we are an amibitious club and although we don't have as many resources as some of the clubs we compete with , we are nonetheless optimistic and will do our best to move this club forward one step at a time."

So what do you reckon will be PLF's transfer kitty for this next season and what is the club's realistic objectives for next season?

"Well... we have informed the manager that the club have approximately $10M to spend on new players this season. With retirement of Gica, we need a new #10. As you may well know our team despite finishing 6th scored the 2nd least amount of goals this season and we clearly need more strike force and a star striker who we can heavily rely on and has shown the quality to perform at this level. So that's just 2 areas I think PLF wants to strengthen.

As far as our realistic goals for next season, we have SET a goal of achieving a European spot for next season. This season we wished to simply avoid the Yoyo-drop that so often happens in top leagues around the world these days but now in our 2nd season and following an amazing year , we have raised our amibtions and want to be playing European football again the season following next.

I realize this might be a bit of a big step and perhaps many will say that we don't have the quality of players to compete with the likes of Betis, Sevilla, Atletico Madrid or Bilbao but I say WE DO!! We've already shown this season that we are capable of anything and after some strengthening by end of off-season i dont see why we can't finish ahead of Bilbao, Atletico and Sevilla again. "

Note: 10M means (10,000 points).

Last edited:
lfp.gif

La Liga Summary

Overall best player: Ronaldo
Top scorer: Ronaldo (24 goals)
Top assist: David Beckham (15)

Relegated teams:
- Levante (finished bottom of the table with only 2 wins)

- Espanyol (Got dragged into relegation battle late on in the season and even the likes of de La Pena and Tamudo couldn't prevent this travesty).

Promoted teams:
- Malaga: Finished top of 2nd division and right back into La Liga.

- Mallorca: The new signings of Romeo, Iuliano and many others paid off as Hector Raul Cuper's side cruise back into Premier division with new expectations this time around.

Nice posts there PLF......... You Ml gets more exciting each day. For my Ml im in first place now, with Luca Toni top scorer:)

Cheers

And for assists...... Corini. Who has had an amazing season with 1 free kick he scored.

I liked that goal by Florin Bratu. Yapi-Yapo burst onto the ball really well, Bratu's finish was excellent in tricky conditions, but you've got to question Dao's positioning on that one! Chalk it down to inexperience maybe.

Very nice PLF :). So if Getafe have €10 million to spend and Espanyol have been relegated, can we expect a move for Tamudo this summer? And do you think you need a new #10 and a new striker, or would a new #10 be enough to create plenty of good chances for your existing strikers?

Yeah with qualifications for Europe and us not spending much last summer, we've about $10M to spend now to boost the squad for a long and hard season ahead of us. As in real life there's always a chance of teams who come and do well in their first season in top flight to go DOWN in the 2nd one and we also have to fight with Europe's best now as well as in the cup which means

1) I need a bit more depth and especially more quality backup

2) I need more quality 1st team players as each position except GK really isn't up to La Liga standards of other teams lol

3) I need some more unknown youngsters (preferably Spanish) who will get a game or two in my cup run and improve, right now i only have Albiol who'se an 18 year old SMF/SB who has amazing potential but was my only original YOUNG player last season.

Nerf, Whether I get a #10 or not... I HAVE to buy a quality forward.... whether it'll be Tamudo or not I don't know but either way it'll be someone of his calibre. We've finished 6th and are now attracting better quality players than we could last season and with $10M to spend (not that much as its only 10,000 points but still good as there is trades as well), I won't hesitate to spend on a quality goal-getter since that's what i was missing last season.

My strikers are all AVERAGE and none are capable of being a hitman just yet.. Riki has potential but won't get to his best which is 2-3 years away.

Alberto 27 year old - SMF/CF , I mostly played him as CF and WF not SMF and he only scored 2 goals but he showed that he's capable of doing a lot for my team with his blistering pace (77 Top speed, and 83 acceleration) but he seems a lot faster than that
alberto.jpg

Michel 27 year old - My big starting forward... he stands 192cm and 92kg and is a good target man but really lacks quality at this level. His technique is in 60s, dribbling accuarcy and speed are both in 60s... his speed is 69 and his jumping has decreaesed to 72 as well but he doesn't really need the jumping as he's so tall. He'll still stay with me despite the fact that he's crap already and will be even dropping more stats because i don't want to change WHOLE team in one season and he can still offer me a DIFFERENT type of attack even if he won't be a starter next season which looks likely as i'll probably go with my new big signing striker and Riki.

Michel scored 8 goals (2 from PKs) and finished my top-scorer which is still very few goals though.
2137.jpg

Riki: 23 year old CF
Riki is quite a descent playe and still improving, in a few years he has the chance to become one of La Liga's most dangerous perhaps but for now he's just GOOD and nothing special.. he was outstanding during the 1st half of the season but only got 1 goal in 2nd half of the season despite playing in many games. He needs to become more consistent if he's to keep his starting place.
riki.jpg

With Angel Castro already gone and Yordi leaving for another club soon... I NEED another forward at least anyways to have a min of 4 which is required when you go through a long season and are in 3 competitions... possibly 4 if we get knocked out of WEFA champions league ;)

So i'll have to buy a new forward and its likely to be a STAR forward and not one to add dEPTH.... because quality of first choice players need to be improved in my team if we are to repeat what we've done this season.

hey guys this my first post here. i won Division 1 in my first try! :applause: :applause: :applause: :D :D :mrgreen: \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/

use advanced search and buy a south korean player called Cho-Du-Ri, he is excellent and gains bag loads of developmental points! Also buy gerard Pique early on (first or second Season) and in 2 years he's beta dan nesta(if played regularly)

Has anyone ant tips on who to buy as i'm about to embark on my 2nd season in Div 1 and my first in the WEFA cup.

E-mail me at calin_mcquillan@yahoo.ie

Hi Calin. Welcome to Evo-web's ML thread but i'd like to tell you that here unlike those other sites at PESinsight or PESfan's ML threads... we don't like to discuss players' potential curve much as it spoils the game. In your 1st post you've already mentioned 2 players and how they'll turn out, most of us are not interested in that stuff because we don't want to have an ALL Star side or the BEST younsters. If you want a list of those amazing players... please check out "PES INSIGHT" forums or the PES4 guide at www.game-faqs.com

it has a full list of amazing youngsters for each position:

like Kompany
Kaebi
Pique

and many others.. but I think I can speak for our current set of lads here that we're not intersted in knowing about those names as it ruins the game for us... we'd much rather buy that Cha Rui Da by accident ourselves and FIND OUT about his amazing potential.

If you'd like to discuss other aspects of your ML with us though... please feel free to do so.

take care

PLF said:
Hi Calin. Welcome to Evo-web's ML thread but i'd like to tell you that here unlike those other sites at PESinsight or PESfan's ML threads... we don't like to discuss players' potential curve much as it spoils the game.

PLF, you sound like a very nice guy to me, so i don't want to start a big argument, but why can't he discuss growth curves of players????
You always write that you don't want players with spectacular growth curves like Kompany and Kaebi...So you should be glad that you know that Cha Do Ri has a spectacular growth curve and you don't have to buy him...

Maybe we could place a "spoiler alert" for those people who don't want to read about growth curves, but i thought one of the points of this thread was to share "the hidden gems" with each other..well that is what we are doing here quite a few years and i will continue to do so...

No hard feelings my friend...

Oh and, as i'm fond of Korean players...i think i will try him...thanks for the tip Calin...

Unfortunately I don't have time for arguing my points to you Gerd but i will when i get a chance but just to clear up one thing quickly, I never said i don't LIKE players with spectacular growth curves?? why wouldn't I? they're young players who with training and playing will grow to one of the world's best. What I don't like is KNOWING about a player's spectacular growth curve because next time you've shortlisted lets say 10 forwards for your next signing and are trying to decide which... lets say you've HEARD of one and how he turns out amazing... like how Kel told us about Rachmane Barry the 17 year old CF from Marseille, now you don't look at him the same and know something you should only know once you buy/loan him. I mean to this day i go to search for players and when I see Barry/Kompany/Kaebi and many others that circulate around the forums.. and don't feel right cuz you know they'll turn good and you dont' find out on your own.

p.s. If you like tips about cheap Koreans or other player with amazing growth curves without finding on your own.. then i can help you too as i know a few and i can refer you to some guides with all amazing players for each position who turn out to be stars.. just drop me a line. I just thought that perhaps you and many others here are more like me and would like to NOT see Cha Rui Da differently next time you see his name and find out about his potential curve ON YOUR OWN.

Either way i respect your opinion too though and perhaps if enough people disagree with me we can do what you suggested and put a SPOILER warning or something before posting that information but if not.. then I think its okay for us to talk about hidden gems every once in a while and certainly talk about young players of your team who are shaping up nice as part of your stories like I did with Albiol and my Getafe side... but not just come here to recommend youngsters to each other and talk about their potential curves.

P.P.s In case you're wondering it's not just the players with SPECTACULAR curves that i dont want to know about but in general i just wanna find out about a player's potential once they're employed by my club like a manager in real life. This means if a player has disappointing curve and under-rated or just turns crap then i want to EXPERIENCE it by having that risk factor before buying players.. but if people started talking about this youngster with good stats that they bought but had crap potential and never improved then i wouldn't like that either as next time i wouldn't buy that guy cuz i KNEW he was crap but i've done it especially with my Roda game a few times where i thought i had spotted a talent but upon signing the contract and seeing their development curve saw that they were never going to be GOOD enough and i had signed them in hopes of them getting better and breaking into my 1st team in a few years. This way Gerd in my opinion it was more realistic and i enjoyed that moment but had I known about that players' disappointing curve i would NOT have purchased him obviously and the risk factor would not be there.

I hope i'm making sense to you... plus due to disappointing buys like that it makes you try to LOAN players more... like clubs do in real life instead of buying/trading all the time so you can see

1) How they perform (As we all know stats can be manipulating at times)

2) Their development curve

take care for now.. that got long sorry.. but now i'm really late..

if anybody agrees/disagrees with my points above including you Gerd please feel free to discuss them ;)

I completely agree with PLF on this one. In the same way that I would not want someone to tell me the end of a movie I haven't watched yet, or read the last page of the book before I've started it, knowing a development curve is a real spoiler and takes away any of the fun of building up a young player.

There's a lot of satistfaction to be gained from finding a young player with low stats, giving him some playing time in your team and watching him grow into a strong senior pro. If you already know he's going to be great... where's the fun?

I'm sure there are plenty of places around the web where you can find lists of these potential stars. I'd prefer it if this was not one of them, but of course I can't tell you what to post and what not to post, that's just my opinion.

I agree with gerd. Why not share the information?

[SPOILER START]
For example, I have sigend Muntabi, the guy who can play almost every position lol, after reading one of your previous posts, hehe. As for Rachmane Barry, this kid is just unbelievable. He keeps getting better and better. I will post a screenshot later tonight. I have also discovered another nice one, Joao Moutinho, portuguese OMF, I think 19 years old from Sportin Lisbon. I am about to sign Kompany aswell, excellent player. I am in off season between fourth and fifth season and couldn't achieve anything yet except Division Two Championship and Division Two Cup. Last season got beaten in semi finals in WEFA against Real Madrid CF with a 1-6 loss at home! The second leg I could just manage a 0-2 win but that was obviously not enough. Third season which was my first in Division One did the third place and fourth season the fourth lol and now I am aiming for the first of course! F. Barthez retired now at the age of 37 so I had to look for a new keeper as Gavonon and Carasso are crap. First I wanted to go for Camini but final decision went for a 19 year keeper from Norwichs third I think. His name is Lewis and he is english obviously.
Also check out Contreras or so from Chile, solid CB and young too. Some more time ago I tried two in real life promising german defenders, P. Mertesacker and P. Lahm, not developing that great but still good.
[SPOILER END]

My post is not that impressive as you guys are doing. I keep it simple like gerd 'cause I couldn't be arsed and am not that obsevive. :shock: :lol:
Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy reading your professional made posts.
icon14.gif

And PLF, if you're looking for a real challenge and many defeats in a row edit your players stats to all like 10 values and stop moaning. :lmao:

Last edited:
Nice posts PLF!

It seems like we both finally found the statisfaction in our ML! I just lost with AC Torino 3 in a row! Last time when I was Porto Santa I had the exact same team only I won easily (way too easy) division 2. Now I am standing 3th with 9 points behing Livorno and 12 behind Siena. Number 3 till 6 or something are not more then 3 points after each other! I won 4 games, draw 2, and lost 5!! Fucking great :))
I will post press release later!

Coupe de la Ligue, QF 1st leg

RC Strasbourg 0-3 Toulouse FC
........................Cardy 58' Eduardo 69' 72'

Just thought i'd post my goals from my 3-0 away victory in Alsace. We look to have the 2 legs sewn up, what with 3 away goals, and hopefully the Semis now beckon.
Nothing spectacular, and apologies for the bad lighting, it's a rather bright pitch, with contrasting dark areas.

The first goal is a free kick converted by Julien Cardy, after Moreira was brought down just outside the box.
The second is a calculated finishing chip from Brazilian, Eduardo.
The last is again Eduardo, comfortably slotting it past Cassard, into the left corner of the goal.

Goal highlights

Real Sociedad’s season: a good tasty cake without icing.

With the season finished in Spain we wanted to have a chat with Real Sociedad’s manager gerd.

Second in la liga after an unbeaten Real Madrid and losing finalists in the Champions League, are we talking to a frustrated manager?

Not at all. If you would have told me at the beginning of the season that we would reach the final of the CL and loose only one match in La Liga, I would have said that you were joking. The results were quite good but we were unable to bring home some silverware whereas last year we were able to win the Coppa del Rey against Real Madrid in Bernabeu.
So, I’m not disappointed by the results.

Were you satisfied by the way the team played?
Well obviously, we were more consistent this year but last year I saw more attractive football on the pitch. What encourages me is the way we played the two last months and this with only one exception albeit in the most important match of the season. During april and june we were unusually strong: 0-3 at Nou Camp, 3-0 home against Valencia, 0-5 in the away leg against Inter, 0-4 against a very strong Sevilla team, 3-0 against Porto. Everything felt good before that CL final but we lost it.

Real Sociedad started very well in that final. The first 30 minutes we saw a relentless attacking team and AS Roma was really under siege, but their first counter was a goal…
And a beautifull goal it was…Totti’s raid down our left side was devastating…his pass was pinpoint accurate and Cassano finish was clinical. A textbook counter. Rigth then we knew how difficult it was gonna be. The team played very well till about the 75th minute and then they lost it.The last 15 minutes Roma were clearly the better team and their second goal was another beautifull counter. In the end they deserved to win the cup. All in all we were lucky to advance to the final. Remember that extraordinary last group match against Arsenal were we had 4 penalties. We have a very young and talented squad so it should be possible to have another go at the cup with the big ears.

The fans elected Arteta as best player of the season would you agree with that?
One is supposed to answer that football is a team sport and that individual praise is useless but I tend to agree with the fans. Arteta was certainly the most consistent player throughout the season. Other had moments of brilliance and then certainly the last two months: Nihat, Chun Lee Soo, Iniesta and Nonda. Those first three can be seen as the creative element in the team. Other players have a more serving role but are very important aswell.

Will you buy reinforcements???
Well Karpin is retiring but we already bought Yeste at the end of last season and Dufer in the mid-season transfer window, so he is replaced. We will surely miss him as our penalty kick taker. We were delighted by his performances and he will serve as youth developer and talent scout. Maybe I will buy a back-up for Iniesta and certainly a central defender. We will release Darko Kovacevic and Aranburu who would like more first team football.

Will you be a challenger for Real Madrid next season.
With only one loss we could have been a serious challenger this season but Real was unbeatable this season. I hope that they will prove to be mere humans next season, and even then I’m not sure if we will be as good as this season. I guess one can look at it positive: a challenge always is a good thing for motivation.

Last edited:
hi proff, just taken a look at your goals.

some quality finishes there, especially the free kick. i know the nantes goal wasnt by you, but must agree about the lighting/camera work etc.. it looks so darn realistic!

was that the first leg versus Strasbourg?

-

Hi Nerf, congrats on your promotion. nice work fella. How do you think you'll fair in the top flight next year ? good interview btw.

-

Hi PLF, still reading your Getafe news mate ;) I particularly like your analysis of the individual players.

-

Hi Gerd,

Sounds like things are going well up there in San Sebastien. Youre breaking up the Nihat/Kovacevic partnership then? brave man.

cheers chaps

Db

Hi PLF,

have you considreed Kameni as a candidate for your top class keeper ?

Perhaps you could do a deal for both him and the "other" Raul now that Espanyol are well and truely sunk.

cheers

Db

Back
Top Bottom