The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

kel said:
:shock:

I have never seen that player can be injured that long. I think in my ML the longest was four weeks but 31! That's almost a whole season!!

I don't remember bu, My Eto'o once got injured around 40+ weeks (Can be late 30's too, i dont remember well).

He keeps getting injured EVERY season :(

juventus11 said:

You are more than welcome my friend.

-

hi LaAm, kits are looking good.

Your post reminds me a bit of the book 'The Miracle of Castel di Sangro' when the tiny little town of Castel di Sangro (suprinsingly enough!) found its team in Serie B for the first time. Lots of shady Mafia style goings on behind the scene and financing of the club.

cheers

DB

Maritimo 0
Levante 1
celestini 14

celestini200804.jpg
Celestini and Manchev fight over the match ball.

Levante dominated the early exchanges of a game, that showed the Portuguese team have an awful lot to do to stay afloat in Division 2.

An early shot from the impressive Jofre, saw Marcos get a strong left hand to it, and steer it to safety. Just a few minutes later the same player then hit the top of the crossbar from a 20 yard snapshot which caught everyone off guard.

The away side continued to press and it was no suprise when they took the lead in the 14th minute. A deep cross from Juanma was dropped in the the centre of the penalty area, and the motionless goalkeeper could do nothing as the tall Swiss Celestini rose above the centre backs to power home the header.
With the first half coming to close, Marcos again was called into action to tip a Manchev shot over the bar from distance.

Clearly whatever Mr Simao said to the players at half time, had some effect, as the Madeirans came out far more combative and determined in the second half. However the result of this increased tenacity in the tackle, brought a yellow card for wenio, as he brought down the rampant Ettien.

A solitary strike on target was all that the home side could muster, in a match that could and perhaps should of been well and truely over before half time.

In other results....
Mallorca beat Albacete 2-1, coming back from a goal down at half time. Malaga overcame Getafe 2-1 with Wanchope getting his first of the season and Racing lost at home again by a 2-1 scoreline to Numancia.

Week 3 sees a top versus bottom clash as Maritimo travel to Malaga, and sources inside the club say that the new manager may well be considering a change in formation to bring some life to a so far impotent attack. With one unnamed player responding to a TV reporter with the three line reply "O Meu Deos!" things are not looking too rosy on the floating garden of the Atlantic.

denirobob said:
You are more than welcome my friend.

-

hi LaAm, kits are looking good.

Your post reminds me a bit of the book 'The Miracle of Castel di Sangro' when the tiny little town of Castel di Sangro (suprinsingly enough!) found its team in Serie B for the first time. Lots of shady Mafia style goings on behind the scene and financing of the club.

cheers

DB

I thank you all, you all helped me, and made me better:)

I have started my Ml with Club Brugge im in 6th place right now.
And here are some fixtures,

Clube Brugge - Everton 1-0
Villerreal - Clubbrugge 3-1/

o well im off to play bi.

Now i understand what you lot are saying about Yossi BENAYOUN who plays for racing, he was twisting up my defence......but i suffered by the hands or should i say the legs by another israli called Afek......who scored against me in the last 5 minutes of the match aginst them. In that match i had to play edingson and nactegal in a CBT when they are both SB because i only got four natural defenders three of them are fatuiged and i had to play one of them which i had no choice. The same with the OMF role i have to play Matt or celleni as OMF because minanda just gets tired. In the transfer window i defiently have to buy a OMF and a CBT.

10050018.gif

FC SICILY

Castello Leaving

odemwingie1.jpg

Castello has said he might leave FC Sicily if the team does not improve or buy new players during the transfer window. Castello has one year left in his contract which will exspire in the summer, the club is looking to sign a new contract with him. During morning training Castello said "I want to stay at Sicily but i want to see that the club is ambitious and wants to improve, there is no point in me staying when i am 29 and at my peak and i am stuck in a unambitious club, during the summer if the club doesn't change i have to consider my options"

Gica: I WILL retire at end of the season

With 3 games to go till the end of the season, Gica Craioveanu the Getafe captain said that he'd made the right decision and that he hasn't changed his mind and in fact he will retire after Getafe's last match of the season against Real Madrid.

The midfielder who's taken a lot of criticsm from media in recent weeks and is partly to blame for Getafe's poor form which saw them go 4 matches in a row without scoring a goal and drop from 2nd place at mid-season to 6th right now had to say this:

"I don't know how some fans could possibly be mad at us?? Currently we're sitting 6th and very well capable of getting a European spot as only Atletico Madrid could perhaps catch us but even they're 6 points behind and with 3 games to go... i'm confident we can perhaps even finish 5th in the league ahead of Betis.

I do not believe anybody in their right mind would have predicted that we do this well in our first season back in top flight after 40 years. We're fighting with everything we have in every match and yes we haven't been the same team that we were in first part of the season but still... when you look at the standings you have to be proud. We're competing with teams like Atletico, Seville, Betis and Bilbao for that last European spot while they're equipped with some of the world's best.

Take a look at Betis for example, they have one of the world's most exciting young talent on their right wing in form of Joaquin and Denilson on the left side while the veteran Alfonso and Capi have a great understanding in form of CF and OMF. Seville have Julio Baptista and future stars like Danial Alves and Jesus Navas and Atletico Madrid we all know are a HUGE club and Fernando Torres is having another tremendous season.

I think we've done well... and apart from Real Madrid who have still not LOST a match, we're the only team who still have not experienced Back-to-back defeats which is a great success on its own.. when at beginnning of season we were favorites to go down and were predicted to suffer many back-to-back defeats" he said with a giggle.

When asked about his own form of 2nd half of season which has seen him lose his starting place and feature much less, he said:

"I have no problem coming off the bench to provide my team with chances. Whether I start or come off the bench is the manager's choice and I fully respect PLF's decision to do whatever is best for the team. My heart is with Getafe and always will be and if that means with 3 games left... even If I don't play another minute I'll still be happy to retire and always will love Getafe."

Gica has been especially poor in 2nd half of the season, he's yet to produce an assist or score a goal and his stamina is down to 67 which makes him a bad choice for STARTING games... as he's stamina bar is FULLY EMPTY (first time i see this) after about 55 minutes. Not to mention he's totally ineffective and doesn't track back much for defence due to his attacking nature which is a liability when you play him as a left-winger and he doesn't have the speed or stamina to feature as a striker much anymore.

Even when he's come off the bench in many games in 2nd part of the season, he's been totally out of the game and ineffective again which makes many of us believe he's DEFINTELY made the right-decision to hang up his boots at end of this season when he'll turn 37.

Jose Pacheco, a Getafe fan: I think Gica is a legend for us but we've seen his demise in 2nd half of this season. In first half of the year, he showed he still may have a season or two in him and was an important asset to the team but I don't know what's happened but he's looked TOTALLY out of it in 2nd half of the season and I fully understand if Manager PLF has now opted to play Cameroonian Kome and Ruben Reyes more regularly with Gica making rare appearances here and there.

I'd like to say though that we appreciate everything he's done for the club and still believe in his abilities and I think he should get to play against Real Madrid at least during some of the match so he can cap off his brilliant career with a match against "The Galaticos" .

Gica did show signs of coming back to life 3 matches ago against Barcelona when he had a semi-descent match but again has been totally out of the game for the past 2 matches when starting and coming as a sub and it'll be interesting to see if he starts next week against Valencia.

Last edited:
Alberto Ruiz finally gets his 1st goal of the season
alberto.jpg

The 26-year old forward who can also play as a winger finally got his 1st goal for the club this season in a match that saw Getafe win for first time after 4 winless matches against Albacete.

Alberto had made a lot of appearances for Getafe this season although mostly as a sub and sometimes as a wing forward but had not scored a goal which he says just kept a little pressure on him.

Despite not scoring a goal all season up until the Albacete game, PLF had to say this about Alberto before that match:

*The following are an interview between "The Macca" interviewer and PLF before the match with Albacete 3 weeks ago*

PLF: "I think Alberto's a great player for this club... he's one of those very capable players who can come off the bench and made a real difference for the club. He's also got enough quality to push your starting players should they not impress."

He continued: "He may have not scored a goal yet but everytime I've brought him in... he's rejuvanted the team with his quick change of pace and trickery and on more than one occassion has saved us either with a match-winning assist or has been brought down in the area for a Penalty."

Media: In recent weeks, Riki the 23-year old who was tipped for great things at mid-season has been in a bit of a slump and not only has he not scored a goal but he's looked short of his usual brilliance, will Alberto get a chance now as a CF to partner "Big Michel"?

Yes he will... Alberto has played great in recent weeks and brought lots of excitememnt to my team when coming off the bench in place of Riki who's been ineffective and perhaps needs a push but thankfully its players like Alberto that make this team competitive and give signals that nobody is ALWAYS a 1st choice player.. everyone has to work hard and impress to keep their place, something that Cubillo has done this season and whom I'm very proud of. I'm thinking of playing Alberto in next 2-3 games as a starting CF to see how he does.

Speaking of David Garcia Cubillo, he seems to be a real fan-favorite around the Alfonso Perez Estadio now.. what do you think about that?

Well... what can I say ?? I 'm very happy that the fans appreciate him as much as I do! At the beginning of season I knew that I need a hard-tackling DMF in my center of mid-4 with a more creative type of CM who also can do a bit of defending though and I had a dillema between picking either the veteran Vivar Dorado or David Cubillo and so decided that they'll both be given a chance and whoever impresses me will keep his place.

Of course Diego Rivas turned out to be everything i wanted in that tough-tackling DMF and Cubillo proved that perhaps he's the star player of this team and not just Fransico Gallardo or Gica. You see this is the part I appreciate about Cubillo. While Gallardo has had his ups and downs this season, Cubillo has ALWAYS been there for us this season and performed admirably by providing our forwards with man brilliany through-balls or quick direct passes to our wingers who've ran into space..

cubillo.jpg

David Garcia Cubillo

Fransico Gallardo is a classy player who recently has scored 2 winners in a row for Getafe to bring them to 6th place and 6 points ahead of Atletico Madrid but hasn't always been performing up to this potential this season. Yet Cubillo and Diego Rivas have made an adequate center mid pairing that any team will find hard to cope against.

The creativity and chickiness of David Garcia Cubillo plus the energized running around and always hardworking Diego Rivas who's totally kept the likes of Riquelme, Deco, Ronaldinho and Zidane out of games at times this season is one of the things the fans are very happy about.

diegorivas.jpg

"So If you're satisified with your center-midfield pairing, which areas would you like to strengthen for next season seeing as we're almost done with this thrilling season of La Liga which has already seen Real Madrid win the championship and Levante relegated?"

I'm quite satisfied with the core of my team and although at the beginning of the season I thought perhaps Belenguer, Ivan Amaya, Tena and Quique Medina were not all up to La Liga defense standard, Tena and Amaya have at least defintely proven me wrong. We have the best defensive record in the league having conceded only 9 goals all season (I KNOW SO UNREALISTIC! ](*,) )

So I don't think our back 4 need a lot of changing though I might bring in a defender to bring some depth to our defence and let one or two players go.

I think our main problem this season has been NOT SCORING enough goals. You look at our goals per game and we're averaging less than a goal per game.. surely not too bad for a side that was supposed to get relegated and combined with our amazing defensive record... we're sitting 6th beyond our wildest dreams, but I want this club to keep moving forward and if we're to do that, we need a prolific goal-scorer next season. Currently we have 5 forwards in the team but I only consider 3 of them good enough for us and will be getting rid of Yordi and Angel Casas at end of season and look to bring in someone who can really push Riki and Michel for a starting place so along with Albetro we'll have 4 real capable forwards.

Riki currently has 7 goals in a season (6 at mid-season and only 1 so far in 12 games). Michel also has 7 goals in the season and Alberto recently got his 1st. This shows us that our forwards are simply not scoring enough and if it was'nt for the likes of Fransico Gallardo, Gica or the odd goal we get from a corner from the likes of Ivan Amaya, we wouldn't be sitting in a European spot right now because our forwards are simply not bringing it.

FORWARD LINE therefore is one area that i'll defintely be looking to strengthen to keep the likes of Riki on their toes to perform to the best of their potential week in, week - out because in my team there is no room for complacency.

"There have been reports that you've fallen out with "Big Yordi" , Is there any truth in this?

yordi.jpg

There is no truth in it. Me and Yordi have had several talks with each other since mid-season and he has expressed his desire to leave the club if he's not given enough playing time. I told him at mid-season that he has to impress me in training and when coming off the bench to crack into the starting line up and unfortnately despite Riki underpforming lately he has not done that and Alberto is the one who's likely to get a spot if Riki is out of form. Right now i'd say he'll be leaving 99% at the end of season because he told me that he's 29 and at a point in his career where he should be playing every week and not sit on the bench and I have to agree with him, which is why I'm sure he won't be with us next season.

As for Angel Casas, he's a similar case really, he's yet to start a game for us this season and has made 3 appearances as a sub in which all 3 he's been less than what I consider La Liga quality and hasn't shown me anything. He is a professional though and a man I admire. He's never whined about his lack of playing time but I still need more capable players on the bench for next season and I'm thinking he'll be another one who'll be shown the door at the end of the season since his contract is running out and we've told him we won't be renewing it. Apparently he's had contacts with Sporting Gijon and they're interested in his services so I wish him the best of luck in the future.

Recently, in the post-match interview after Getafe's match against Villareal, you expressed your desire to bring in a prolific goal-scorer , is there anyone you have in mind??

Oh yes.. I remember that interview pretty well. It was a match where we went up 1-0 after Michel did superbly to go past a player and then the keeper to slot the ball home which I could see surprised the whole Villareal defence and stadium as a man who stands 192cm tall and 91 kg usually isn't capable of doing that.. hahaa... I have to say he surprised me there and it was a great goal. However after that both him and Alberto missed several great chances and then Riki missed a penalty in the 86th minute which could've killed the game for us. Of course as we all know, Jose Mari comes in and Villareal snatch a point in the last second of the game and cost us 2 important points.

So Yeah.. after the match I was really frustrated with my team's lack of finishing ability and the fact that we missed so many chances which at the end cost us dearly so i remember saying I really would like a #10 striker for next season... somebody who's real La Liga quality and a proven goal-scorer like Diego Tristan, with somebody like him, this club will move forward. I can only wish I had a player like that on my team.

There have been reports that despite Diego being 1st choice striker for Depor this season and having a good season, he's fallen out with Irureta and since he's a good friend of yours and the Getafe club president, there is a chance he'll be playing his football in Getafe next season?? Is this possible?

PLF *giggles* : hahaha... Yes I sure hope that's a possibility some day but whether its next season I'm not sure. Diego is a close friend of mine and a player I admire greatly however as you said yourself he's playing his football in Deportivo right now and they're achieved a European champions league spot for next season and with Diego being the team's top-scorer and one of the best forwards in the league... I just can't see him being intersted in us despite his good friendship with me or Angel Torres Sanchez.
diegotristan1.JPG

But you never know... I guess its up to him really , I mean Mr. Sanchez has promised me that we'll have a bit of cash to spend this summer if we get that European spot and because we barely spent last season and If Diego or Depor are interested, I'll surely make a bid to acquire his services but to be honest I can't see it happening and we might have to go for someone with a little bit less quality and a lower profile which I could still really use.

Raul Tamudo is said to be another target of yours and with Espanyol currently stuck in 2nd last spot with 3 games to go, relegation is a real possibility and surely he won't go down to Segundo Division?
Raul Tamudo is a classy player and the Espanyol captain but we have not had any contact with him.

tamudo.gif

Last edited:
Sounds like you're doing well with Getafe, PLF. 6th is not bad at all! I don't know if it's good enough to tempt Tristan away though... ;)

Hope you're enjoying it despite the lack of goals conceded. I'm enjoying my ML so much that I just can't stop playing ;) and I've now completed five seasons already. 8th, 6th, 5th, 4th... and now 4th again. Really should have had 3rd but slipped up on the last couple of games :(. And then there was the most tense and atmospheric game so far...

lenspen.jpg

Lens triumph in shootout

Rotterdam will linger long in the memory of Yazid Kaissi, who yesterday fired home the decisive penalty that enabled Racing Club Lens to make it a league and cup double. De Graafschap will be more eager to cast their big day into history, left to endure a bitter aftertaste as they crashed out 4-5 on penalties after extra time.

A hundred and twenty minutes had not been enough to separate these two sides in a tense and nervy encounter. Goalmouth action was fleeting; the defences remained on top for much of the afternoon and even the likes of Eric Carriere and Ricardo Sousa had difficulty finding the time and space to impart their creative influence on their respective teams.

Lens midfielder Seydou Keita had come within inches of settling the game in normal time, when he latched on to Utaka's knock-down and let loose a volley that scraped the outside of the post with the De Graafschap goalkeeper stationary. Ruslan Valeev soon forced a good save out of Lens goalkeeper Charles Itandje, but it was captain Anatoliy Tymoschuk who came closest for the Dutch side, sweeping a second-half free-kick over the wall only to see his ambitious effort deflect off the angle of post and bar. At that point you could suspect that it wouldn't be De Graafschap's day.

Extra-time passed without any great advancement by either team and so it came to a penalty shootout. Valeev, Zongo and Sousa all netted for De Graafschap, but watched nervously as their efforts were cancelled out by equally successful strikes from Utaka, Carriere and player-of-the-year Daniel Cousin.

At 3-3, up stepped Bas Sibum. The 26 year old midfielder, signed from FC Twente in January, was brought to the club for his tough tackling influence in midfield, not, as it was clear from the wayward penalty that sliced wide of the post, for his ability in front of goal. If he could bear to watch from the centre circle afterwards, he would have been relieved to see Lens' eighteen year old English prospect Jermaine Shaw crumble under the pressure and send his spot kick wide with equal anguish.

Tymoschuk and Mounir Diane both converted with minimal fuss and the shootout progressed to sudden death. Experienced Belgian left-back Garry De Graef was the first to step forward for De Graafschap and quickly wished that he hadn't. It was his miss that set the stage for substitute Yazid Kaissi to become the unlikely hero, as the Moroccan midfielder sent Van Emmerik the wrong way and was soon buried under a joyous wave of red and gold.

wow.... again good journalism Nerf... glad you're enjoying your game with De Grafschap...

I'm doing okay with Getafe it's kinda fun but disappointing that up until 2 matches ago i had conceded 5 goals in 23 matches ?? :( then Osasuna surprisingly beat me 2-0 which was a great feeling for me! First time that I lost by NOT a single goal and only my 3rd loss.

thankfully Bilabo recently won against me as well so 4 losses but also with a 1-0 victory much like my losses to Sociedad and Deportivo.

anyways with season closing down i'm confident i'll finish 6th at least but maybe even 5th as they only have one point more than me and i have better goal-difference.

Take care for now.

By the way Just wondering , did you put any of your penalties in the middle ??? I don't know if you did but if it were me i would have kept the penalty from your tough-tackling midfielder Simun for example in center and LOW.. that way chances of him MISSING the net even with his bad shooting skills would be very low and unless the keeper guessed center low.. he would've scored. Just a theory i have.

I only put one down the middle (the 5th). In hindsight you're absolutely right, that's exactly what I should have done with Sibum's penalty.

Still, in a masochistic way I sort of like the fact that I lost - it'll make me more determined to win the cup next season ;). That final was one of the most atmospheric games I've played in PES. I usually have commentary turned off and the entrance scenes turned off, but for the final I put both on to get that TV feel and ramped the sound up on my speakers ;). In the end it was not the prettiest of matches but definitely tense and enjoyable as a result.

I ve been looking round for a new right winger for my team and came across an 18 year old Argentine called Cardozo. His stats look a bit too good to be true

Does anyone know if hes a real player ? or just a made up one ?

Also is there anyway to check the Divison 2 table ?

Thanks

skylogo_default.gif

Babbel for Sicily

2000070506220890.jpg

The former Liverpool and Blackburn defender has been in talks with FC Sicily on a move to the club. Stuggart has given him permission to speak to the club since he has the biggest salary in the club and hasn’t been playing regularly. Babbel says, “ I haven’t played in itlaly and I want to see how it is there and FC Sicily looks like a club that wants to improve into a top team, so I will be glad if I can move to the club and get to regularly for the club” Negoations are still on going with Stuggart and FC Sicily. The manager, Mr. Laam said, "I really hope we can get Babbel he will be a very solid player in the heart of our midfield"

What I hate about Pes4 is its soo hard to get a player> :(..........
After ive offerd so much im poor.

I find that good because in the previous version especially PES1 it was so easy to get players.

I for got to ask, PLF why don't you start from the second division up.

Last edited:
Quick question (sorry if this has been asked before). Can you check the tables from the other leagues like previous editions? I can see the WEFA competitions, but no league tables. Any help, thanks?!

You can only see the ones in like ur division like if you are in the division 1 you can only look at the tables of division 1.
If you want to look at others when you look at your league table you click R1 and you can see other leagues.

I just started a new ML with Getafe, first season. (5*)

Current Standings......

La Liga.............PL...W...D...L...GF...GA...PTS
01 - Real Madrid....10...9...0...1...29....8....27
02 - Getafe CF......10...8...1...1...14....5....25
03 - Valencia CF....10...7...1...2...21...10....22
04 - FC Barcelona...10...6...2...2...21...14....20
05 - Villareal CF...10...6...2...2...19...16....20

Highlights
Real Madrid... 0-1 Getafe CF
Getafe CF..... 2-1 Valencia
FC Barcelona.. 2-2 Getafe CF

Copa Del Rey
Real Madrid... 2-2 Getafe CF (Was beating them 2-0 until 77min)

Cardoso is a real 18 year old Argentine winger in Boca Juniors with good potential for future but in the game he's way too over-rated. Not only does he start with GREAT Stats.. he improves like a horse after every match lol by like 40% in each thing.. i dont buy him or Kaebi ever.

Is his name in Pes 4 Cardarson??? I bought him for Wolfsburg as a replacement for the "season lon injured" Petrov (who turned out not to be injured, but that's an old story....Yes he's good. Fortunately i'm not good so i don't see why i shouldn't buy him.
I also bought Kaebi in my aborted ML with Metz...he did not suited me (but who am i, i can't play with Zidane either...).

The ML with Birmingham is though...they are not the most technical team. When i have played a couple of matches with Birmingham (second in 2th division 5 points after Southampton) i play my other ML with Sociedad which is a much better team and i find out that by playing with Birmingham my game has improved a lot. Since playing with Birmingham, Sociedad is flying: 0-5 against Inter Milan in the away leg of the semi-final of the "CL", 0-4 against Sevilla...
Well it's a big difference playing with Heskey (Birmingham) or with Nihat (Sociedad).

Toulouse Eye "Burkina Bullet"

Toulouse have decided to cease their interest in VfB Stuttgart striker, Cacau, since the player revealed he wanted to stay and fight for his place.
The Professor hasn't wasted anytime in finding a suitable replacement. Staying in Germany, Toulouse scouts have been monitoring diminutive Burkina Faso striker, Wilried Sanou. The striker, dubbed "The Burkina Bullet" by the Professor, because of his lightning quick pace, is currently at Bundesliga relegation strugglers, SC Freiburg. Sanou is known for his pace and salmon-like leaping ability, attributes which the manager believes he could use at Le Stadium Municipale. The Professor said, "Sanou has great pace, an ability distinctly lacking in our squad at the moment. Nobody likes to play against pace, particularly defenders. I think Sanou could prove a very useful player within our squad."
The transfer window opens in a couple of weeks, and it's thought that Sanou will be top of the Professor's list. Rumours are abound that Toulouse are also monitoring fellow countryman and SC Freiburg player, Jonathan Pitroipa.

10543.jpg

Sanou, gifted with pace.

Last edited:
juventus11 said:
You can only see the ones in like ur division like if you are in the division 1 you can only look at the tables of division 1.
If you want to look at others when you look at your league table you click R1 and you can see other leagues.

Thanks juventus11! Good luck vs Real today!

Back
Top Bottom