The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

CS Maritimo 0
Racing Santander 1

A 73rd minute strike by Santander's Fernando Moran, was enough to separate the two sides in an atmospheric encounter at the Estadio dos Barreiros. Receiving a pass from Benayoun, the midfielder drove high into the corner of the net, whilst his out of position marker Rui Marques could only watch on helplessly.

Just 5 minutes before the crucial strike, Rui Marques was again at fault, picking up the only yellow card of the game for a foul on Javier Guerrero, after the lively striker had surged through the midfield.

Right at the death, Pena who had come on midway through the second half for the ineffectual Marcinho, fed on an underhit pass by Aouate only to hit a tame effort straight back into the relieved goalkeepers hands.

Overall then, a relatively straight forward win for the Cantabrian outfit, who dominated possession for long periods of the game without actually threatening the home sides goal. The result already suggests something of a struggle for the Madeiran side, who were unable to really get their passing game going and too often relied on long balls forward from the full backs. The only bright spark was provided by the always willing Lobaton whose one real chance of the match, a 40th minute half volley was well punched away.

In other results, Guillem Ballague's tip for the division 2 title Malaga, swept aside Numancia 4-2 at Los Pajaritos. Whilst Mallorca held off a resilient Levante to win 1-0 and Getafe defeated Albacete 2-1, to make it a clean sweep of away wins on the opening day.

PLF said:
Anyways I don't fully envy your game i guess because i do like some realism in there and I don't know about this whole mixed central Europe league? i mean whats the point of WEFA for then? plus I always like to pick a crap club in a real league but start in Div 1! That way i can actually get RELEGATED perhaps and feel the joy of it ;) hahaa... and I guess if you had put your De Grafschap team in Div 1 from season 1... you could've been relegated and tell me all about its joy since you finished 8th and 6th in Div 2 ! Do you not think so?
Thanks PLF :) (and DB too, for your earlier post)

The mixed league thing doesn't bother me that much. I know it's not realistic, but I was determined to try and find the worst team in the game, and since they were Dutch, I knew that if I then filled in the rest of the Eredivisie I would be playing against teams not much better than myself.

By creating the mixed league I get to go up against the cream of Europe outside of England/Italy/Spain. It was all done in the interests of making it more difficult; I think we can say it has done that so far ;)

When I eventually do qualify for the WEFA competitions I'll still get to have the real glamour games against the likes of Real Madrid, AC Milan or Chelsea, so I'm not worried that it'll cheapen that at all. But I understand what you mean.

Regarding relegation, I never actually thought of that! I just automatically put myself in Division Two, because the ML has always been about working up from the bottom. It hadn't occurred to me to start in the top division and try to survive, but it is an interesting idea. Hopefully I'll still get to experience that when I eventually get promoted ;)

PLF said:
3) How do you guys DB and Prof get so many pictures?? I mean is there a specific site with pictures of MANY footballers and even them in their suits or at press-conferences?? the only way i know of finding a pic is goign to "Google" and to images and doing a search for someone. I'd like to expand my knowledge and learn new techniques for getting images i want, if someone can help i'll appreciate it. :)

hi pal, to be honest that just what i do too.

Although you can expand on that by finding out where the image is located and then going onto the actual website that is hosting it.

In particular there are a lot of fan sites out there with images that you dont normally find on the clubs official website - i think the German and Dutch ones are some of the most impressive and numerous - although not easy to navigate in their own language.

Also dont forget tv stations/football magazines and newspapers that are online from the area the team plays in. That helps me a lot for Maritimo as there are two Madeiran newspapers on the web.

The best pic i ever found was one of Karagounis from an obscure Inter fansite where he was in an airport, with his suitcase. I was at Stuttgart at the time in my WE7 ML and had just put a deal together for him and it fitted perfectly, e.g. Karagounis flys out to meet Stuttgart officials etc...

karagounis_1.jpg

also anothother good unexpected one was of the Mercedes German site of all places! Perfect for illustrating going to an away game, perhaps in Europe or something.

teambus.jpg

cheers

DB

Ps - Nerf - quality writing pal. very much enjoyed it.

denirobob said:
CS Maritimo 0
Racing Santander 1

Receiving a pass from Benayoun, the midfielder drove high into the corner of the net, whilst his out of position marker Rui Marques could only watch on helplessly.

As the pre-match report stated, Benayoun was the dangerman to watch. I'm sure you tried your best to cut out the supply line though.
Good to see your season underway Db :)

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg said:
As the pre-match report stated, Benayoun was the dangerman to watch. I'm sure you tried your best to cut out the supply line though.
Good to see your season underway Db :)

Hello mate,

Yep, he was a tricky customer all evening. Perhaps if i had listen to the pundits and not started with Marcinho too, things may have worked out differently. oh well, Cest la vie :)

I thing i may be in for long hard season to be honest. Esteves did ok on the right on his debut, and won a few free kicks out wide, but the subsequent balls into the box lacked any imagination. I think i need quite a bit of time on the training ground to get the players used to the formation and system.

cheers

Db

TOULOUSE MONITOR CACAU DISCONTENT

Recent reports emerging from Germany suggest that Championnat side, Toulouse FC, have been alerted to the situation of VfB Stuttgart striker, Jeronimo Cacau. The pacey Brazilian is thought to be unhappy at his current club, after only featuring in a handful of games from the bench this season. Cacau has recently hinted that a move away from the Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion may suit him, as he searches for regular first team football.
Specualtion suggests that the Toulouse outfit may favour a loan until the end of season with an option to buy, or indeed an audacious all out swoop for the striker. If "Les Violets" did manage to seal a move, it would be a great coup for manager Prof Nutmeg, as many would see it as a step down for the player. Some have suggested Prof Nutmeg sees Cacau as a "Castello-type" figure, upfront, a player the manager held in high regard when working together at previous clubs. Moving to Le Stadium Municipale, would see Cacau team up with fellow countryman, and striker, Adelino Eduardo Da Silva.
As yet, however, neither party has commented on the situation.

cacau.jpg

Cacau warms the bench

Last edited:
Just sign him because he has a cool name, no further reason needed! \\:o/ I think Juan Pablo Angel called his son Geronimo...

@denirobob, thanks, I enjoyed yours too. That's a good result for Mallorca if Guillem is right about them fighting Levante for the second promotion spot.

I have decided to start a new ML with a made yp team called FC Sicily......i couldn't think of any other names thats the perfect one.........if someone just tells me another itlian team that is located in sicily

SAFE :)

Also i have found 3 players that i am going to include in my ML which are:

Standout stats

Top speed: 80
Dribble acc: 77
Shot acc: 70

Standout stats

Stamina: 83
Top Speed: 83
Agility: 82

Standout stats

Stamina: 84
Top speed: 82
Jump: 80

=================================

The pictures ain't the best but as far of just taking snaps at a game it a'ight. Also i haven't decided how the kit or the badge looks like.....i'm still working on that.......when i finish i'll take a snap. About the AVI Movies i have created a little test one but i don't know how to up load them here......watch this space.

Good stuff LaAm. Quite interested in knowing how your kit will end up looking like... because i gave it a try and there's MANY possibilities and its very time-consuming if you want to make a really nice kit.. and i didn't want to play with Original team. so i didn't but i'd like to see everyone else's kit whose playing with making their own original team.

it's a nice idea and if you spend enough time on it.. you can make some really nice kits although no Stripled ones :(

@DB, yeah bro i'm talking pictures like that... like those 2 you showed were perfect... with Kara in airport and the team bus !! haha.. classic you're right its perfect for saying the team is travelling away to lets say Hannover.

So how did you say you find these 2 for example?? you just go to google... images and search karagounis...??

or like the one Prof just posted with Cacau on the bench... thats great again but if i wanted that pic... it'd probably take me long time to find it.. so i'm asking you too Prof.. how did you manage to get that cacau image? you weren' lucky enough to just go to google and lets say put "Cacau and Bench" and under images it gave you that right?

p.s. Really enjoying both your stories...

And DB, Benayoun just demolished my team in 1st leg of Qtr finals of Div 1 cup as well.

The game was at Racing's home.. and I went there tryin to get at least an away goal but came out 2-0 losers with Benayong the Israeli playmaker scoring both goals. I have to say that was probably perfect result for Santander as they didn't give up a goal and carry a 2-0 lead to 2nd leg. Now i have to win by 3 goals or by 2 if i dont concede any which takes match into extra time and hopefully i can go from there ;) after all thats how i managed to kick out Real sociedad as well.

@Nerf, now that you put it that way bro... about your league.. its not that unrealistic and doesn't bother me as those things normally would. Well it is unrealistic but i'm saying its a good idea as you still won't face the likes of top Spanish/Italian/English teams unless you get into WEFA which is nice. So i'm actually thinkking of this idea in the future... good idea in my opinion now.. hahaa ;) you're right.. we want a challenge and playing in Eredivisie is not MUCH of a challenge.. even when you pick crappy club so if you could have a mix of good Dutch/German teams plus likes of Sparta and Anderlecht maybe it'd be a more nicer league which i see you've done.

As for starting in Div 1, wow.. i've always tried it since unlocking that thing in option file. Working your way up from down is nice.... but often when you get into 1st divisoin... you have a good enough side to battle for mid-table places and are more resistant to good teams' attacks cuz you have better playes but I urge you to start in Div 1 from now on for your future MLs. There's nothing like starting with CRAP players like me and you did and encountering hte likes of Real Madrid, Valencia or Barcelona in your first 3 matches ;) plus it gives you a chance to get relegated though I honestly don't think either of us ever will. Because in Div 1 there are 30 games and while we do slip up sometimes.. there's too many games for us to go and further ourselves from those 2 last relegation spots. Right now with my Getafe side i think i have 27 points and there's 14 matches left. The bottom club Levante has 6 and if i lose eveyr match from now on... i still don't think i'll get relegated :( and you know that won't be happening so i'm afraid i'll be getting a European spot even with this team... though i hope not.. i am facing some stiff challenge from Bilbao/Seville and Betis for that 6th spot... and hopefully they'll beat me to it by end of season ! :)

take care everyone for now.

Nice post there PLF.
Ive just played the first match of the Division 1 and I beat Chealse 1-0 with a goal scored by Gilardino.

Don Domenico said:
Well fc Palermo and Messina are located in Sicily..

Right then Palermo are going to be my derby team.........i am still working on the kit.

Do you know what all does pictures off you lot get of google with players being in different situation......i am going to use that on the game......i want to be a bit creative.

SAFE :)

It can means peace or maybe bye......if your saying someone is safe.....your saying his cool, his a good person.....it is a black london slang........when i say safe at the end i am to keep things cool................A'ight

Also Juve 11 why do itlian people love gilardino.......also oi he a gay icon or something

SAFE

I don't know if he's gay.. I kinda like him.. i hope not... but I saw pics of Pippo Inzaghi and Bobo Vieri holding hands i swear...

and Italians tell me they're NOT gay!!

PLF said:
And DB, Benayoun just demolished my team in 1st leg of Qtr finals of Div 1 cup as well.

The game was at Racing's home.. and I went there tryin to get at least an away goal but came out 2-0 losers with Benayong the Israeli playmaker scoring both goals. I have to say that was probably perfect result for Santander as they didn't give up a goal and carry a 2-0 lead to 2nd leg. Now i have to win by 3 goals or by 2 if i dont concede any which takes match into extra time and hopefully i can go from there ;) after all thats how i managed to kick out Real sociedad as well.

It's fun playing with a crap team............yesterday i played a match with sadui arabia vs. germany....i got beaten 3-2 but it was a really fun match because when your playing with crap teams you don't expect much frm them you know what i mean.....and when they pull of things like long shots you get really excited that a crap player can score like that. Also if you playing with teams like brazil you expect a lot from them and you start thinking you should play like how they do in real lfe.....and when you keep playing crap with them you get frustrated.....especially when you lose to a team you want to beat 6-o 0r something.......so yeah i like playing with crap or underated teams....

SAFE............. :)

PLF said:
I don't know if he's gay.. I kinda like him.. i hope not... but I saw pics of Pippo Inzaghi and Bobo Vieri holding hands i swear...

and Italians tell me they're NOT gay!!

Maybe there good friends but there not,
First Vieri is Married.

Has anyone here heard of a player called Ikedia.....his a really nice player. I am happy nigeria got a player like that maybe we can win the WC2006.....reminds me of the lengend they called babagida.

if only i could find the pics... they were BAd pics though... and they weren't edited or anything.. there was a couple where they were holding hands.. and another one both in shorts being very close to each other.
but vieri looks like a straight guy and although he's crap now and should NOT be in Italian NT or at least in first - team.. i still like him.. as a person and hope he aint gay... even though i suppose it really shouldn't matter to me otherwise i'd be discriminating... but i dunno.. i just can't like a guy who doesn't like pussy as much as a guy who does as a friend ;) lol hope that makes sense.

LaAm said:
Has anyone here heard of a player called Ikedia.....his a really nice player. I am happy nigeria got a player like that maybe we can win the WC2006.....reminds me of the lengend they called babagida.

Yeah his name is Puis Ikedia.. he's very short but a pacey little bugger... not that skillful.. although he has enough.. and not great at particularly anything except runnning with ball... his final balls lack accuracy and he's not a good finisher either.

you're right he's pretty much replica of Babangida because that guy was also no-good and just had speed... whether you want to call him a legend or not its upto you ;)

Ikedia was brought up in Ajax system but recently was thought of as NEVER going to make it.. to be good enough for Ajax... so was loaned around to crap dutch clubs a lot... and now he'll move to AZ at end of season which is a good move for him.

Avg player though and Nigeria have way better attacking options in my opinion.

PLF said:
if only i could find the pics... they were BAd pics though... and they weren't edited or anything.. there was a couple where they were holding hands.. and another one both in shorts being very close to each other.
but vieri looks like a straight guy and although he's crap now and should NOT be in Italian NT or at least in first - team.. i still like him.. as a person and hope he aint gay... even though i suppose it really shouldn't matter to me otherwise i'd be discriminating... but i dunno.. i just can't like a guy who doesn't like pussy as much as a guy who does as a friend ;) lol hope that makes sense.

HES MARRIED

Back
Top Bottom