The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

game1.jpg

Island fever reaches fever pitch

With the first game of the new season against Racing Santander only a few hours away, the excitement in Funchal and across the length and breadth of the Island is palpable. With the fixtures computer throwing up two home games in succession for the 'Verde Rubros' (Levante visit at the weekend), a baptism of fire is guranteed for their inexperienced English manager.

Team News...

The home side, are expected to line up in Mr Simao's favoured 4-2-3-1 formation. After weeks of
speculation, Lobaton (pictured below) starts as the lone frontman, whilst fellow debutant Esteves begins on the right hand side of midfield.

game1_lob.jpg

Ferreira keeps his place at full back after being given the nod ahead of the Serbian newcomer
Ogjanovic, but the main surprise is the inclusion of the Brazilian Marcinho. The former Santos
midfielder is due to play in the pivotal role behind the striker, a position many pundits expected
to be filled by Pena. The veteran must instead be content to take his place amongst the substitutes.

-

For the visitors, Benayoun will be the key man. The Israeli international should have a chance to
show his class, and if given time and space could punish any lapses in the Madeirans defence.
Since the departure of Nafti to Northern League Division 1 side Birmingham City, the combative
Mexican Torrado will anchor the midfield providing a shield in front of the back four.

gerd said:
Martin Petrov got injured in the first frinedly match (31 weeks) but to my astonishment at the beginning of the season he was fit (after seven or eight weeks). I was disappointed...

:shock:

I have never seen that player can be injured that long. I think in my ML the longest was four weeks but 31! That's almost a whole season!!

Yes Kel, but just like i said at the beginning of the season he turned out to be fit at the beginning of the season...which was a major disappointment for me since it is unrealistic and since i had bought a couple of wingers to replace him (he's one of the most important members of the team).

I can imagine him being a key player. He's also doing very well in real for Wolfsburg although the they lost seven matches of their last eight which is a bit shocking if you consider what a great start they've had.

Which players did you buy to replace him?

Toulouse FC News

Moreira Backs Violets Firepower

moreira.jpg

Toulouse ace, Daniel Moreira, today hit back at the critics who had highlighted their lack of goals so far. The striker has since vowed to hit double figures this season, and added that soon his partnership with Eduardo will click into place. Moreira was quoted as saying "to criticise this early in the season (week8 ) is just ridiculous. We have only started." Toulouse are currently averaging less than 1 goal per game. Moreira himself is top scorer at the club with 3 goals. The club itself has registered just 6 goals in 8 games.

-------------------------------------------------

I played 3 games yesterday, to hop along the season. I'm up to week 9 now.
Weeks 6 and 7 were disappointing, as i managed a draw 1-1 and a loss 1-0.
The week 8 game however against AC Ajaccio was incredible. i flew at the Corsicans from kick-off. Unfortunately for us, Trevisan was in great form in the visitors goal. BUT. 2nd half injury time came along, and i was determined not to register another draw, albeit it 0-0 as well. A final attack saw a poor penalty area clearance by the islanders in the 91st minute, and Nabil Taider came into shot from out of nowhere, and lashed it in from about 23 yards (Stevie Gerrard stylie). Needless to stay, the Stadium Municipal erupted, I too couldn't hide my delight in the dugout, and came running out punching the air. PS (i posted the goal on my site, i'm out of shot thankfully)

PS PLF, last night i noticed i actually have Dalmat on the left and Emana on the right as my default ;) .

Updated my site then, with all stats and the like, even managed to fill in the injury page :)

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg said:
Toulouse FC News

Moreira Backs Violets Firepower

moreira.jpg

Toulouse ace, Daniel Moreira, today hit back at the critics who had highlighted their lack of goals so far. The striker has since vowed to hit double figures this season, and added that soon his partnership with Eduardo will click into place. Moreira was quoted as saying "to criticise this early in the season (week8 ) is just ridiculous. We have only started." Toulouse are currently averaging less than 1 goal per game. Moreira himself is top scorer at the club with 3 goals. The club itself has registered just 6 goals in 8 games.

-------------------------------------------------

I played 3 games yesterday, to hop along the season. I'm up to week 9 now.
Weeks 6 and 7 were disappointing, as i managed a draw 1-1 and a loss 1-0.
The week 8 game however against AC Ajaccio was incredible. i flew at the Corsicans from kick-off. Unfortunately for us, Trevisan was in great form in the visitors goal. BUT. 2nd half injury time came along, and i was determined not to register another draw, albeit it 0-0 as well. A final attack saw a poor penalty area clearance by the islanders in the 91st minute, and Nabil Taider came into shot from out of nowhere, and lashed it in from about 23 yards (Stevie Gerrard stylie). Needless to stay, the Stadium Municipal erupted, I too couldn't hide my delight in the dugout, and came running out punching the air. PS (i posted the goal on my site, i'm out of shot thankfully)

PS PLF, last night i noticed i actually have Dalmat on the left and Emana on the right as my default ;) .

Updated my site then, with all stats and the like, even managed to fill in the injury page :)

Loverly Jubbly mate.

I'll take a look now. In fact if you show me yours, i'll show you mine,

Guillem has just completed his second column....

Hey guys i just bought this camera for £20 it says it takes AVI movies can anyone help me and tell me how it works please.

Also i am going to start a new ML with a make believe team called FC Scicly or something.......need to look at some itlian maps to find some good names.

I can now take pics of stuff in my ML proffesor nutmeg style.

Milanista said:
FC Calabria :D

Hey bruv can you give me more information of that place please......i am not itlian or........super mario.

SAFE

juventus11 said:
Or maybe somone can make the italian team CERVIA.

You've been smoking again ;)

===================================

Also where the hell is Shev 7.......i read some of that guys post and he gives me jokes.

Last edited:
Metallica said:
Prof.......Unstoppable

Nice goal

Thanks. It meant a lot on the day, and to the club. Had we drawn 0-0 the fans wouldn't have been happy, and we would have dropped into the lower half of the table.

Scoring decisive, last gasp goals like that is euphoric. A real "clenched fist-air punching-shirt removing-Marco Tardelli head shaking-advertising hoardings jumping-manger hugging" moment. I'd say.

Infact, i think i'm going to add a "goal of the season" area to my site. Taider's will be the first nomination methinks.

PS just realized i ought to host goals somewhere else, as it uses up all my bandwidth if loads of people check out the goals. Might have to move stuff around.

Last edited:
Manchester Matteo United
We have made it says Alberto Gilardino, We have endid the season in first place and I was top scorer.

Negotiations

Out In

Macco -----> Lazio Vucinic<------Lecce
Espinas----> Partizan Bresciano<----Parma

Manchester Matteo United - Manchester united for a friendly Man utd won 2-1
VUCINIC.jpg

Vucninic joins Manchester Matteo United
Ive scored my very first goal against Man utd, I am proud.

bresciano(1).jpg

Bresciano joins Manchester Matteo United.
The last 4 matches of the season was intence for the team of Matteo, but they kept trying and grabbed win, they lost 3 times and drew 1 time.
Top assists go to Caracciolo, And Awards go to Alberto Gilardino and defencive midfielder M'bami who sufferd against Man Utd as he sprained his ankle but will be back in action in 2 days.
New stadium built for Manchester Matteo united, Its called Old Trafford.

Injuries this year

Alberto Gilardino ------> 2 weeks
Montolivo ------> 13 weeks
M'bami --------> 2 weeks
Caracciolo ---> 1 week

Im making a site so just wait.

wow thanks for the link DB. I had no idea about this. I find it odd that Gica says Getafe squad players nor fans are RACIST when fans clearly are if they taunted Ronaldinho and Eto'o. I hate these fans... how can you be racist?? i mean most of my homies here are black... i see no difference... its who you are not what colour you are?? anyways man... we're going off-topic.

I'm at mid-season now... things haven't been as down as i'd HOPED they'd be ;) but still 2 losses going into mid-season isn't BAD and i'm sitting 6th... but only 2 points off 2nd place :(

One thing i'm glad about though is that i'm not fighting for championship this season... in fact i'd be happy with ANYTHING as long as we don't get relegated... cuz if i were... i sure as hell would be getting frustrated with Real Madrid in this game who had gone 14 games 14 wins in the league until they faced me and i got a draw out of them. The 2nd place team is like 14 points behind and i'm pretty sure Real will win the league! So i'm glad i'm not aiming for championship otherwise you'd kinda get pissed off at their unrealistic amount of wins.

nice stuff Prof!

3 things i'd like to say:

1) I can't see your goal.. did you take it off??

2) Can someone help LaAm with his camera?? I'm interested in knowing if he can do what Prof does with his $20 camera which seems too cheap for me to have capabilities like that but i hope he has got the real deal and can do it ;)

3) How do you guys DB and Prof get so many pictures?? I mean is there a specific site with pictures of MANY footballers and even them in their suits or at press-conferences?? the only way i know of finding a pic is goign to "Google" and to images and doing a search for someone. I'd like to expand my knowledge and learn new techniques for getting images i want, if someone can help i'll appreciate it. :)

My De Graafschap ML is still going "well", i.e. badly ;)

We have at least improved steadily in terms of league position. 8th in the first season, 6th in season two, now 5th at the end of season three. Unfortunately I only just managed to cover my wage costs for season three, meaning that I was unable to strengthen the team at all in the off-season. Season four hasn't exactly started with a bang...

Divisional gap clear for all to see

Much has been made recently about a cavernous gap between Divisions One and Two of the Central European League. Last season, Sparta Prague dropped temporarily into Division Two and promptly ran away with the title, finishing ten points clear at the top of the table and collecting a Division Two Cup winners trophy along the way. Their demolition of the rest of the division was so emphatic that many debates were sparked over the widening gulf in class.

Early signs are that the 2007/2008 season could follow suit, the only difference being that it is likely to be two teams who dominate the division rather than just one. Paris St Germain and Feyenoord both successfully held on to their key players during the summer, amongst them the likes of Pauleta and Dirk Kuijt, and in doing so ensured that they both have squads strong enough to make a quick return to the top flight.

The also-rans that make up the rest of Division Two are unlikely to offer much of a challenge. This stark contrast could have been no clearer than in De Graafschap's two opening fixtures, pitting one of the lesser lights of the lower division against the two big guns. Feyenoord were first to demonstrate their superiority, cruising to an easy 1-0 victory on the opening day of the season without hitting top gear.

Yesterday offered a perfect example of the difference in ability. Paris St Germain strolled confidently into the Stadion De Vijverberg and dominated De Graafschap with casual ease. Pauleta pounced in the first half to give his team the lead, then just as it seemed like the Dutch could start to find their feet in the second half, the Portuguese striker fed substitute Danijel Ljuboja to let rip an unstoppable left foot shot that killed the game off. Stronger, faster and tactically sharper from start to finish, it was as if PSG could pick and choose the time and manner of their goal at will.

ljuboja.jpg

Thumbs up: Danijel Ljuboja celebrates his goal

De Graafschap did at least manage a late consolation goal through Burkina Faso striker Zongo, who was the one player that possessed the pace and trickery to trouble goalkeeper Alonzo. All the talk has been of the talents of playmaker Ricardo Sousa, but the Portuguese midfielder looked lost, ineffectual and smothered by the superior, water-tight PSG midfield. Ahead of him Ruslan Valeev continues to look no more than a hollow shell of what he was expected to be, while behind him the likes of Kooijman and Karnebeek are beginning to show that age is getting the better of them.

The Superboers clearly have a long way to go before they can even think about competing at Division One standard. In contrast, Feyenoord and PSG can already start planning on their return to top-flight football next season.

Wow... just read your story Nerf!! VEry well done!! Great sentences.. great stories and most of all i envy your game ;) hahaa... I especially like this part! :)

My De Graafschap ML is still going "well", i.e. badly ;)

hahaa :lol: \\:o/

Anyways I don't fully envy your game i guess because i do like some realism in there and I don't know about this whole mixed central Europe league? i mean whats the point of WEFA for then? plus I always like to pick a crap club in a real league but start in Div 1! That way i can actually get RELEGATED perhaps and feel the joy of it ;) hahaa... and I guess if you had put your De Grafschap team in Div 1 from season 1... you could've been relegated and tell me all about its joy since you finished 8th and 6th in Div 2 ! Do you not think so?

I'm Back :) .. lol .. :D

Same team no changes .. still the first and Villa reached his 34 goal :D ..
I beated both Inter and Juve now :)

Back
Top Bottom