The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

It varies a bit, but here's a typical starting line-up.

------------------Revault(C)

----------------Dao-------Aubey

Ocokoljic-----------------------------Clement

---------------Cardy------Taider

---Dalmat------------------------------Emana

----------------Moreira

--------------------------Eduardo

PLF said:
where the hell are DB and Prof?? I'm very interested in those 2 ML veterans opinions as well as the rest of you of course ;)

hi mate,

still here, loitering with intent.

Good choice Getafe, they are one of the teams Maritimo will be coming up against, so hopefully i'll be able to get some tactical insight into their setup etc.. from your posts :)

Tomorrow evening the Iberian Second division officially kicks off. The atmosphere on the whole of Madeira is tense to say the least....

Db

They're all default players btw, as i haven't bought anyone yet.
Stephane Dalmat is a French attacking midfielder, quite skillfull, but runs hot and cold. He's previously played for Tottenham, Internazionale FC, Paris St.-Germain, Olympique Marseille, RC Lens and LB Châteauroux. He prefers to play a central role, but due to the lack of a defensive nature, i'm currently playing him on a flank, but with the opportunity to come infield (arrows). It may change later in the season.

Cause ive heard his name and I think he played for Roma?
But im not sure.
Thanks Proff!!! :)

PLF said:
Laam.. that digital camera you talking about is only $20 pounds... sorry i don't have the UK pound sign here on my K-board.

Anyways with that shit.. can you only take pics or do goals like Prof did??

I'd love to do that man... that'd be so pimp.. taking pics and videos of your ML and each goal you score and then imagine putting it up on a DB type of website.... dAMN.. that will be some ML that'll get everyone pumped.

I need to go back there and ask if it is. But there is another one i saw in argos for £40 which is a defeintly a bagain because it takes pics at 3 mega pixcel and records for 5 minutes.......it also has a little sceen at the back so i might be getting........BUT.......i want to get another konami title.......you lot should know what it is :mrgreen:

But everything is everything.

Zigic just scored his 50th league goal......and for som reasson Gonzalez the 24 year old has stopped improving which is so annoying :( ......but at the same time he is still good.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Toulouse FC News

WEEK 5
Olympique Lyonnais 1 - 1 Toulouse FC

1 point well earned by "Les Violets," when many expected them to return with nothing. The draw sees Lyon remain 11th in the table, as their dismal season continues. Meanwhile, Toulouse dropped a place to 7th, and leaders Marseille and Monaco extended the gap at the top of the table by 3 points.

For more info, click the link below
All news, match reports, tables, goalscorers, and transfer rumours UPDATED. ;)

Nice site mate.....so can you teach me how yo done it.

SAFE :)

denirobob said:
hi mate,

still here, loitering with intent.

Good choice Getafe, they are one of the teams Maritimo will be coming up against, so hopefully i'll be able to get some tactical insight into their setup etc.. from your posts :)

Tomorrow evening the Iberian Second division officially kicks off. The atmosphere on the whole of Madeira is tense to say the least....

Db

I saw your site and the players you got in you squad....are they default players edited on your PC to base them around the players those players.

Last edited:
Interview with M'bami
mbami2.jpg

I missed the match against against Real.Racing, due to 2 yellow cards,
But I am really madd at the reffereies, I did not deserve yellows.
Comment from the couch
I am really upset also, as the team has many cards due to badd reffs, so I will be talking to the F.A about this problem :(
Fixtures

Manchester matteo United - Real Sociedad 3-0
Real Racing - Manchester Matteo United 2-0
Manchester city - Manchester Matteo United 3-1

The rest ill post tonight.

Division 2 cup

Im on the second leg of my division2 cup!!!!

my first fixture

Manchester City - Manchester Matteo United 4-3

And soon I will play the next leg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

il@mactb.gif

LET US PLAY FOOTBALL

Sounds good. About that young atlanta playe tell me a bit about him.......those he have average stats when his young......and does he improve slow & well.....if that makes sense to you.

I saw your site and the players you got in you squad....are they default players edited on your PC to base them around the players those players.

SAFE :)[/QUOTE]

hi pal,

thats pretty much it, although they still look the same as the default players.

Maybe id of been better picking a team already in the game, but Maritimo are quite personal too me (was originally gonna pick boavista) and by adding them to the other 3 Portuguese teams plus the 20 Spanish sides i could make a "realistic" Iberian 1st & 2nd division.

The only annoying thing is i cant create a very lifelike home kit - damn those red & green stripes!

Db

He is good in the game.
And gets better easily but not superbly.
He most definetly staying captain, hes too damn good.
His only problemo is dribbling so I will try to make him inprove.

If you would like a pic here

montolivo_small.jpg

denirobob said:
LaAm said:

hi pal,

thats pretty much it, although they still look the same as the default players.

Maybe id of been better picking a team already in the game, but Maritimo are quite personal too me (was originally gonna pick boavista) and by adding them to the other 3 Portuguese teams plus the 20 Spanish sides i could make a "realistic" Iberian 1st & 2nd division.

The only annoying thing is i cant create a very lifelike home kit - damn those red & green stripes!

Db

Safe, Safe........so have you tried buying Ceh :mrgreen: ...............wierd question init........well i read the PES3 ML thread......yes......all of it.......how sad i am :lol:

juventus11 said:
He is good in the game.
And gets better easily but not superbly.
He most definetly staying captain, hes too damn good.
His only problemo is dribbling so I will try to make him inprove.

If you would like a pic here

montolivo_small.jpg

LaAm said:
Safe, Safe........so have you tried buying Ceh :mrgreen: ...............wierd question init........well i read the PES3 ML thread......yes......all of it.......how sad i am :lol:

Ahh the Slovenian Angel. He shall remain forever in my heart mate, but alas i've decided that i cant buy a player i've bought in a previous Master League.

Portuguese & Spanish speakers are the priority really, although a small Dutch community looks like it might become established too. Plenty of untapped potential locked up in the Erivdivisie's lesser lights i reckon.

Actually i was playing RKC v Den Haag yesterday, and RKC have a CB called Virgilio Teixeira., who is getting on a bit now, but looked very composed in the heart of the defence.

He'd tick both boxes being relatively sh*te and Portuguese. Also he's got a dodgy barnet too which all adds to the total package.

virgilio-teixeira.jpg

cheers

Db

Oh yeah DB your right there ae a lot of good players in the dutch teams.....but i just keep forgetting to buy some....i am going to take a look when i get back home.

SAFE

I'm eyeing a diminutive Albanian who goes by the name of Fatmir Vata. He plays in midfield for Arminia Bielefeld and appears to have a cultured right foot. This makes him a good central passer and Free Kick taker. And being in his 30s, he'll add a bit of experience.

..and Db, don't forget young Carlos Saleiro languishing in the Sporting reserves team. ;)

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg said:
I'm eyeing a diminutive Albanian who goes by the name of Fatmir Vata. He plays in midfield for Arminia Bielefeld and appears to have a cultured left foot. This makes him a good central passer and Free Kick taker. And being in his 30s, he'll add a bit of experience.

..and Db, don't forget young Carlos Saleiro languishing in the Sporting reserves team. ;)

hi pal,

i just took a look at Vata and see hes got a star for "gamemaker".

Theyve got a few Albanians at the club havent they ? sounds a good prospect - cant afford to be too ageist when it comes to bolstering the squad

You knows what mate i think i actually forgot to put the young scamp back into my op file, which is very depressing :( There is one player i really wish was in the game actually who isnt, and thats Antchouet of Belenenses. He's a Gabon international and has been toping the Superliga scoring charts

20040413desporto.jpg

speak tomorrow

Db

Juventus11, you've heard of Dalmat probably because he was in Inter few years back... not Roma!! He never established himself as first team player and never will in my opinion.. although he's good player he's way too inconsistent like Prof said... and he can't defend for shit either.. and doesn't want to. he's lazy but talented and thats why he won't play in Center..

but Prof if i remember correctly Stephane Dalmat who you have in your team in Toulouse now is LEFT-footed so why you playing him on right?? do you like to cut back and get a shot with other foot as that works well sometimes.

Anyways.... DB.. good to hear from you again bro.. if you really want that Antchouet guy in the game... why not create him over someone? and put him in FREE?

In fact you know what i'll probably create him over some fringe player... i'm off to find his height/weight/age and perhaps you can tell me about how if he's a SPEEDY player or GOOD in the air or both so i choose someone with reasonably close stats to create him over.

As for my ML with Getafe... in my next post... i'll post some details about my squad and how this one should REALLY be a challenge!! :D

denirobob said:
hi pal,

i just took a look at Vata and see hes got a star for "gamemaker".

Theyve got a few Albanians at the club havent they ? sounds a good prospect - cant afford to be too ageist when it comes to bolstering the squad

Indeed sir. Vata could be that playmaker i'm looking for. I need someone to start threading some balls through the centre, rather like Rosso did for me in my PES3 Hertha Berlin years.

I'm also eyeing Hocine Ragued, the young PSG midfielder. He spent the past two seasons in D2 at Istres and Guegnon, but i could offer him some first team D1 experience. He too could be an option in set pieces.
Likewise, Patrice Maurel from FC Rouen looks useful in and around the middle of the park, along with Mehdy Ouchene of Atalanta.

PLF, i play Dalmat wherever it takes my fancy. After all i am the manager. But as i mentioned earlier, i do allow him to cut in, if he is playing on a flank. I'm a fan of the popular technique.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Likewise, Patrice Maurel from FC Rouen looks useful in and around the middle of the park.

So you've created Maurel?

As for Dalmat.. yeah it wouldn't be a bad idea... so you play the right-footed Emana on the left usually and Dalmat on the right?? i've only done this a few times in PES4.. i usually play them on their footedness side? so how's it coming along?? do you like it better than playing Emana on right and Dalmat on left ? Did you do this with Cagliari as well?? i dont remember.

Anyways my squad details coming up soon ;)

I'd like to talk about what i THINK of my squad and some details of it but in a NON-media type of way... so i'm not talking as the manager.. but just my thoughts as a normal user here ;) can't be bothered with all that Polite... well-mannered.. well-structured sentences that Prof and DB are so good at ;)

so here it is:

I started intially with Getafe because I was expecting a weak club and i had to face many Amazing clubs in La Liga unlike Bundesliga or Ligue 1 or Eredivisie where the quality of clubs i was battling agaisnt weren't as high as La Liga and my team was also slightly better in terms of my competition (Hannover, Sochaux and Roda JC respectively).

Now with Getafe i thought it'll be a new CHALLENGE!! Very crap team thats bound to be relegated with their squad.. who's squad looks totally Div 2 class compared to even the likes of Osasuna, Racing Santander and Mallorca.

Now having said all this... before i did the usual first 2 hours of ML which i always do to evaluate the squad.. I was expecting BETTER. After all I had taken control of Levante, Santander and in general other relegation battlers in TOP leagues like Serie A, EPL and La Liga in exhibition matches before and knew they each have SOME quality in them... because although they're the weakest clubs in their league... their league is quite high.

I especially enjoyed matches with Levante and could see while they're relatively weak they have some quality players like Ian Harte for freekicks... SErgio Garcia.. and even their 2nd choice strikers had 80 for shot accuracy and a good target man and a speedy short forward... a GOOD def-mid so I was KINDA expecting same thing from Getafe.... but man was i WRONG!! This team's squad is like Den BOsch of Holland.. ;) no-offense but now i'll be facing the likes of Seville/Betis instead of RKC and NAC!

After fully evaluating the squad.. here are some details i found about the club and truly realized i had a tough task of keeping this team in La Liga as now players stats were so low... any ONE player with 1 or 2 yellow stats would very much STAND OUT!! And Much to my dismay (but really joy ;) ), I found that there is no one LINE of team that i'm actually HAPPY with or have confidence in as my CBs, CM and CF are equally crap :)

So here's some quick details about the squad:

- Getafe currently has 5 GKs of which 2-3 i'll be looking to offload in January transfer window as we don't need them all.
Now out of all these 5... neither are that good but my 1st choice is Sergio Aragoneses.

aragoneses.jpg

The 27 year old GK who stands 183cm 80kg, will still improve a little bit has proved himself to be a quality #1 with 80 goalkeeping ability.

- When saying the team hasn't INVESTED on new 1st divisoin quality players upon promotion is completely true and this is evident as the squad is ALL Spanish with exception of two players.

1) Left-back, Argentine, Mario Pernia who was intially signed as a 1st-choice player but upon Nano's breakthrough to 1st team of Getafe finds himself on the bench this season and has yet to make an appearance in La Liga.

pernia.jpg

2) Gica Craioveanu - 36 year old Romanian CF. (we'll talk about later)

- So with everyone in club being Spanish... just like most 2nd division clubs... when looking through stats and deciding on match performance who are likely to be the Getafe fans heroes by end of season are 2 men.

1) The man who stands out in my team and is my SUPERSTAR is a 36 YEAR OLD!!!! Thats right Gica as he's known around the Alfonso Perez estadio is a Veteran Romanian with a cultured left-foot who brings much added flair to this Getafe side and was one of the main reasons for their promotion this last year. He can play as SMF,OMF,WF or CF and is the captain of the team. Due to old age though, Gica isn't always fit enough to play EVERY game for Getafe and needs to be rotated quite often and abandon his armband to another Veteran, the CB Belenguer.

gica.jpg

Gica Craioveanu

My 2nd star player and an automatic FIX player for his position at RM is Francisco Gallardo who's on loan from Seville but Getafe has an optoin to make the loan deal permanent should he impress ;) and will most likely be doing that as he's established himself as an INTEGRAL part of PLF's plans to achieve La Liga stability and plans to avoid relegation.

gallardo.jpg

At 172cm, the talented young spaniard is one of the fastest in this team (only 82speed though) lol.. and has a touch of magic when given the ball on the right side of midfield. He recently got his 1st goal for the club with a beautiful left-footed inside curl to opposite side of net in match against FC Barcelona in which Getafe came out 2-0 victorious much to the surprise of the Camp Nou faithful.

- Other observations are general... in my defence... my 2 starting CBs have "DEFENCE" in their 70s and in my CM, only 2 of them have passing in 70s or above meaning when they're being rested or out.. i have no real playmaker and someone who can distribute the ball as they're players with 60s in passing and everything else.

- I don't have a real STAR striker like i did in my other teams like Arouna Kone in Roda JC or Wallner who was an absolute stand-out in Hannover, but i do have former Real Madrid youngster, RIKI who seems to have an eye for goal although he still has a lot to learn.

The left-footed 23 year old is in his 1st season in senior football and will be looking to impress at Getafe in his debut season.

riki.jpg

Riki's important stats:

Height: 186cm
Weight: 80kg

Attack 73
Stamina 75
Balance 84

Top speed 78
Acceleration 77

Dribble Acc 76
Dribble speed 80

Shot accuracy 75
Shot power 85
Shot Technique 77

Heading 77
Jumping 75

Technique 80

Consistency 4
Condition 4
------------------------

So as you can see.. he's just an ordinary player but in my crap squad.. he really does stand out in CF position as there are a few players who are especially bad.

I'll give you an example.... I've never had this before but in my Getafe side i have CFs with Technique and Dribbling in 60s which is a REAL POooooo. Because i like fast forwards who can run with ball and i'm quite good at dribbling but if you're not fast... at least Riki has descent dribbling and technique which means he can hold on to ball better and create chances for others but i have ONE Forward with AMAZING stats... take a look below.

Angel Castro: CF

Attack : 69!!!
Balance: 74
Stamina : 71
Acceleration : 76
Shot accuracy: 69!!!!!
Shot power: 73
Shot technique: 70

So his stats look like they're not all that good but he's a youngster right... he'll improve?? NOOOOOOO!! He's 28 YEARS OLD! He's at his PEAK already and will in fact be going DOWN in stats. :D

My other forwards... I have Miguel Angel who's 34 years old and you'd think he's an Alfonso or Enrico Chiesa type of player ;) once great but now due to old age he's slowed down but can still do a job but not really.

turns out.. Miguel Angel is NOT fast.. 72 speed.. is not TALL or good at heading at 173cm and guess what can't dribble either... 71 dribble acc and 69 speed. which leads you to the question... what's he good at?? maybe he's like the Bergkamp/Zola type who can still at least pass the ball around well..?? nop. he has 60s for passing ;)

Yet despite my bashing of these 2... May i still tell you that these 2 have made a few appearances for my side so far?? they're still a part of my squad and not all that much worse than everyone else... so with injuries/rest and other plans.. even these 2 play a fair amount of games.

Angel Castro even started a game on RIGHT-hand side of midfield for me in a much more advanced role than Gallardo would usually have though as he was tired and Angel Castro although a CF... i see fit to play in my RM role due to descent speed.. and okay passing.

:)

Part II and more coming up!!

PLF said:
So you've created Maurel?

As for Dalmat.. yeah it wouldn't be a bad idea... so you play the right-footed Emana on the left usually and Dalmat on the right?? i've only done this a few times in PES4.. i usually play them on their footedness side? so how's it coming along?? do you like it better than playing Emana on right and Dalmat on left ? Did you do this with Cagliari as well?? i dont remember.

Anyways my squad details coming up soon ;)

No i haven't created Maurel. He's in the game already.

Dalmat can use either foot, so he's at home on either side. It depends on what i want to do. This weekend he played centrally behind Moreira, and on the left, in the Coupe de France game, and scored a cracker with his right. Best goal of the weekend imo.
Btw, why are you so surprised about swapping players around? Loads of teams do it. But as i said already many times, i'll mix it up a bit myself.
PS it's not real life, it's only a game.

Racists say M'Bami to the reffs, Is that true we will have furthur news later on

Fixtures

Norwich - Manchester Matteo United 0-3
Real Racing - Manchester Matteo United 2-2
Manchester Matteo United - Real Sociedad 0-4

*MAJOR NEWS*

New Captain says couch of Manchester Matteo United.
Montolivo in the last matches has been playing terrible as for now Gilardino has been a good team mate and will be awarded Captain.
He has also has been called for the Ballon'dor. (HE WAS SHOCKED)

Division 2 cup

Manchester Matteo United - Man City 1-2
Man City - Manchester Matteo United 0-4

This is CNN we will have furthur info soon

I'm not surprised i was just wondering if its something you did with your previous teams as well or a new idea. Yeah some teams do it in real life but its still kinda rare... anyways if Dalmat is good with both feet then its no real biggie.

Back
Top Bottom