The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Finally!

Just suffered a 1-0 loss to Siena. I was playing as Bastia and after 1-0 and 3-0 wins Vs. lesser sides I've finally been put under some pressure by the computer. Siena played much better and deserved the win. They had the most chances, and I only had 1 or 2 on goal throughout the whole game. Song Bilong got sent off after 10 minutes for a rough tackle from behind, and the game was practically over at that point.

The goal came in the 90th minute after a flurry of shots just wide or deflected by the keeper. Chiesa exploits a defensive lapse in which no one could clear the ball properly, and slots it high and in the right corner.

Very nice stuff from everyone. Just read this and I'm now liking your stories for first time Dime. ;) It was enjoyable reading about your goals and play down the flank with AEK and how your play put the nicest throughball to your striker and etc.

As for my man GFK lol... Torino still good huh?? Yeah man... your stories are nice and people you buy are very realistic. I mean honestly how many people you think here would buy Naybet?? They're all probably after all the Kompanys of this PES but our friend GFK acts like real life and just like often when newly promoted sides acquire some very experienced players like Helveg or Merson a while back or Sheringham or Patrick Berger with Portsmouth 1st season or Siena and Chiesa is another example ;)

So yeah man.. I really like your buys.. they're very nice and I think you've really strenthed your squad. Gambino is more of a winger though isn't he?? I thought he was like a little pacey right winger but I guess he can also play CF or OMF as well.

As for Dime, yeah you're right man CPU defending is TOTALLY crap.. but we all know that and I just hope they fix it soon :( I mean the CPU is so damn stupid if it COULD it would press ONE of your players with all 11 of his lol... leaving 10 other players of yours totally open.

That's why its kinda already easy enough to score cuz your players are never really marked well but when you put it on 6* its even worse as those CPU players just fully charge you down everytime in numbers which leads to you passing the ball to many open team-mates and resulting in easy goals.

@Nerf, hahaha... good story man.. looks like your stories are so good they even reflect real life ;) Looking forward to some more de Grafschap news.

@ And finally my old buddy DB, another loss huh???? this time with another missed penalty kick!! Damn... maybe you need to make Penalty taking a routine part of your training.

Don't worry though man... it'll get better i'm sure... things WILL get better for Martitimo faithful I have no doubt. It'll just be a matter of time.

As for myself.. I have some news guys but will share them later..

so far I've played 3 matches and I've won all 1-0 all with 1 PK scored by star player Pascal Feindunou! I'm enjoying ML a lot with St. Etienne but my first 3 matches haven't been exactly exciting lol.. I've gotten 9 points and on top of the table from 3 penalty kicks drawn by Feindunou and scored by Feindunou and each time we hold on to the lead.

Despite this, Pascal Feindunou who is seen as one of St. Etienne's star players has not really shown yet.. he's very ineffective and tends to totally become invisble for most of the game before popping off out of nowhere and getting a PK.

He also runs out of gas pretty quick down that RWF side as he only has 72 stamina but I've descent backup for him in Nicolas Marin (Our #10 who is not in my first team plans and has 71 stamina as well, also a little bit under-rated in my opinion in terms of speed and dribbling in the game which is why I gave him a dribbling star.) and Houri.

008-marin-nicolas.jpg

Nicolas Marin with a wicked left-footed volley that was tipped over the bar.

Thanks to the computer's shitty marking I've come to love the hard fought 1-0 wins to keep things realistic. I often find myself hoping to miss a lob when 1 on 1 with the keeper to mantain that slim lead. Sadly, with Bastia, 1 on 1 chances tend to be scuffed around 75% of the time, no matter if I chip or lob or feint or try to dribble the keeper. On the bright side, I have 2 players (I won't say who) that improve like beasts after every game.

I've tried different formations, but Bastia's squad seems to be so well suited to Central midfield type players and forwards that I stuck to the default 4-3-3. I changed the DMF to CMF and one of the two CMFs to OMF. I also gave the SB's forward attacking arrows, since Bastia are incredibly weak down the middle I'll just focus on attacking down flanks. I also changed the goalkeepers, since the default Bastia goalkeeper's stats are downright godly(I'm shit with names, since I don't get much French Ligue 1 where I live). Still only conceded 2 goals in 7 games though. :( I'm thinking I should just put down the controller every time the computer wins possession next time I play.

I did notice, however, that Bastia are great at counter attacks, as are other 4-3-3 teams like Woflsburg and Etienne. How do you play your Etienne PLF? Counter? Flank attack?

Also, I finally tried 6* and I have to say it's not what I expected. I tried it Arsenal and found the computer leaving HUGE holes in the D. Then I tried it with Mainz and found their defense unbreachable.

Last edited by a moderator:
juventus11 said:
Nice post there Nerf.

Seconded.

Not easy to mix real life with ML capers but in the words of Angus Lochran on Eurogoals "he finished it with some aplomb". Good work sir.

Nerf, I think the public are crying out for a De Graafschap v Maritimo basement battle royale! :)

PLF said:
Very nice stuff from everyone. Just read this and I'm now liking your stories for first time Dime. ;) It was enjoyable reading about your goals and play down the flank with AEK and how your play put the nicest throughball to your striker and etc.

As for my man GFK lol... Torino still good huh?? Yeah man... your stories are nice and people you buy are very realistic. I mean honestly how many people you think here would buy Naybet?? They're all probably after all the Kompanys of this PES but our friend GFK acts like real life and just like often when newly promoted sides acquire some very experienced players like Helveg or Merson a while back or Sheringham or Patrick Berger with Portsmouth 1st season or Siena and Chiesa is another example ;)

So yeah man.. I really like your buys.. they're very nice and I think you've really strenthed your squad. Gambino is more of a winger though isn't he?? I thought he was like a little pacey right winger but I guess he can also play CF or OMF as well.

As for Dime, yeah you're right man CPU defending is TOTALLY crap.. but we all know that and I just hope they fix it soon :( I mean the CPU is so damn stupid if it COULD it would press ONE of your players with all 11 of his lol... leaving 10 other players of yours totally open.

That's why its kinda already easy enough to score cuz your players are never really marked well but when you put it on 6* its even worse as those CPU players just fully charge you down everytime in numbers which leads to you passing the ball to many open team-mates and resulting in easy goals.

@Nerf, hahaha... good story man.. looks like your stories are so good they even reflect real life ;) Looking forward to some more de Grafschap news.

@ And finally my old buddy DB, another loss huh???? this time with another missed penalty kick!! Damn... maybe you need to make Penalty taking a routine part of your training.

Don't worry though man... it'll get better i'm sure... things WILL get better for Martitimo faithful I have no doubt. It'll just be a matter of time.

As for myself.. I have some news guys but will share them later..

so far I've played 3 matches and I've won all 1-0 all with 1 PK scored by star player Pascal Feindunou! I'm enjoying ML a lot with St. Etienne but my first 3 matches haven't been exactly exciting lol.. I've gotten 9 points and on top of the table from 3 penalty kicks drawn by Feindunou and scored by Feindunou and each time we hold on to the lead.

Despite this, Pascal Feindunou who is seen as one of St. Etienne's star players has not really shown yet.. he's very ineffective and tends to totally become invisble for most of the game before popping off out of nowhere and getting a PK.

He also runs out of gas pretty quick down that RWF side as he only has 72 stamina but I've descent backup for him in Nicolas Marin (Our #10 who is not in my first team plans and has 71 stamina as well, also a little bit under-rated in my opinion in terms of speed and dribbling in the game which is why I gave him a dribbling star.) and Houri.

008-marin-nicolas.jpg

Nicolas Marin with a wicked left-footed volley that was tipped over the bar.

Ah Feinduno. I love that little guy mate. When him and Darcheville were in tandem at Bordeaux, that was the partnership I wanted my ML team to emulate.

He does blow a bit hot and cold though I agree.

Albacete 4
R Castro 5, 43
Pachecho 25, 72
Maritimo 0

ab4goals.jpg
- The Albacete players salute their fans after handing out a 4-0 drubbing

A defensive horror show enabled Pachecho and Ruben Castro to grab 2 goals a piece as Maritimo's season once again lurched into the absurd. For much of the game, the homeside left the Madeiran's chasing shadows as they passed the away side to death, fully deserving the emphatic victory.

Other results...

Racing 1-1 Mallorca / Getafe 2-1 Numancia / Malaga 2-1 Levante

---

Numancia 0
Maritimo 0

numancia.jpg
- nothing to see here

An incredibly scrappy game, that befitted two sides fighting it out over the last relegation place. Before the match began both teams were tied on 6 points and after this tedious stalemate they stay locked on.... 7 points.

MATCH OF THE DAY

motd.jpg
- Malaga rise above Mallorca

Mallorca 0-1 Malaga : A Fernando Baiano strike looks to have a major say in the final destination of Iberian Division 2 championship.

Other results : Levante 1-2 Albacete / Getafe 0-2 Racing

---

Maritimo 0
Mallorca 2
OG Mitchell 17
Okubo 58

zeca.jpg
- Zeca loses Okubo and the Japanese assassin takes full advantage

Maritimo's last home game of the season ended in yet another defeat against second place Mallorca. To make matters even worse, fellow strugglers Numancia won away at Albacete (for only their second league victory) leaving the Portuguese side as guranteed wooden spoon receipients.

Chainho was dropped in place of the ageing holding midfielder Zeca who was given the task of containing the Japanese playmaker Okubo. Considering he had singlehandedly toyed with the Maritimo defence in the previous meeting at the Son Moix, this would be no easy task for the veteran.

The more tactical approach from Simao appeared to be paying off as pressure on the Mallorca midfield was disrupting the Spaniards fluid passing game, unfortuantly in Mitchell Van Gaag's penultimate game for Maritimo, the tall Dutchman somehow managed to deflect a wayward shot into his own net.

This early setback deflated the home sides confidence, whose carefully constructed gameplan went out of the window. Just before the hour mark Okubo managed to wrestle free of his marker and put the game beyond doubt, placing a superb curling shot into the top corner.

As the final few minutes of a hugely disapointing home campaign were played out, a section of the Maritimo Ultras started chanting,
calling for the sacking of Mr Simao.

simaoout.jpg

At the final whistle a section of the crowd refused to leave, only to finally disperse after the President came down from the stands and onto the field of play to appeal for calm.

presidentecarlospereira.jpg
- The President. Tough choices to make in the coming weeks.

other results...

Racing 3-4 Malaga / Albacete 1-2 Numancia / Levante 1-0 Getafe

Ouch! Looks like Mr Simao has plenty of work to do over the summer... that is if he still has the job.

De Graafschap finished 8th in the 2nd division that year too. The only way is up! Next season you could be enjoying the heights of... 7th :D

Best of luck db

Hi Nerf,

The natives are indeed revolting!

Sorry, I kind of nicked your idea a bit after the drama at Ajax and Koeman's exit.
I'm confident that the President will give me the vote of confidence ;)

What have your finishing postions been over your time in charge mate ?

Db

Professor Nutmeg said:
:lol:

Hello mate. The big question is, do you have the funds to continue into next season?

Hi pal,

Thankfully the sale of Marcinho and the loan deal with Depor for Manduca (in the mid season window) will keep the wolves from the door.

I am planning on dipping my toe into the market too, more news shortly I hope, as i plan for next season...onwards and upwards and all that!!

Db

Db, i'm sure you'll find at least one free player in the "Un-belonging" area, who'll suit your set up. If not, sign one and sell him on, to make some quick cash. Always a good place to check when out of pocket. ;)

Professor Nutmeg said:
Db, i'm sure you'll find at least one free player in the "Un-belonging" area, who'll suit your set up. If not, sign one and sell him on, to make some quick cash. ;)

There are free players ?? i didnt think they still existed.

Do you just need to pay wages then ?

Yes sir. Look in the "un-belonging" area, when searching "by team" You can pick up a relatively expensive player, who'd normally have a large transfer fee, and instead you'd just have to cover his wages. I picked up Nonda whilst i was managing Cagliari. Monaco had let him go.

Last edited:
Milanista said:
Classic France, although that exposes the classic France team to the AI.
Will I have to wait a season or something for him to appear?
Another thing, when I bought Batistuta from the PES shop I found him later reborn in the ML, will the same thing happen to all the classics I buy?

Thanks!

Dieuze Delight

Nicolas Dieuze has spoken about the current euphoric mood in the TFC camp. Last night, "Les Violets" qualified for Europe, and the WEFA Cup, by beating Rennes 1-0 in the Coupe de la ligue final.
Toulouse currently reside in 6th place in Ligue 1, the last WEFA Champions League qualifying spot, and despite already getting into Europe via the league cup, Dieuze said that they want to hang on to their position and hold out for a chance to meet Europe's elite. The midfileder told TFC TV: "We've surprised many by coming this far already, why not further. Every footballer dreams of playing in Europe, and next season we can live that dream."
Whether or not Toulouse can consolidate 6th position remains to be seen, with four more domestic games to be played. But even if they were to slip away from the top six, one piece of silverware and the guarantee of the WEFA cup next term, will be seen as a success enough for the club.
In addidtion, Toulouse FC have also reported a large increase in profits this season, due to larger capacity home crowds, and a lucritive and victorious run in the Coupe de la ligue. It's been reported that the club's normally humble finances have seen a significant boost, something that may be evident come the summer transfer window.

r1106909839.jpg

Nicolas Dieuze: We can go further.

---

juventus11 said:
btw: playing with Livorno is CRAP.

I'll probably try them, then. I'm currently playing with Pampas (River) on 6*, and have scored 7 in 3 games, conceded 0. This is really depressing me.

I was hoping for more than a meager 2 weeks of replayability from this game.

I would give anything to lose a game 4-0 :)

logo_ww.gif

Hello evo-web masterleague veterans, I am hoping to post here and add my stories eventually,

after doing some research I am starting my new masterleague with Wolverhampton. It was sad to accidentally lose my AS Cannes ML, but after I saw that there were 4 Wolverhampton players in the game, I began to get excited again about starting Masterleague with 3 real Wolverhampton players..

Wolverhampton

Colin Cameron
(Scotland national team)- CMF-
sco.gif

Seol Ki Hyeon(Korean Republic National team) -WF/CF/SMF-
kor.gif

Rohan Ricketts
(Tottenham Hotspur,currently on loan to Wolves)-SMF-
eng.gif

-----------------------------
My first transfer window target currently plays for Wolves as well:
Olofinjana(Nigerian national team) -DMF-
nga.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
MrSix said:
logo_ww.gif

Hello evo-web masterleague veterans, I am hoping to post here and add my stories eventually,

after doing some research I am starting my new masterleague with Wolverhampton. It was sad to accidentally lose my AS Cannes ML, but after I saw that there were 4 Wolverhampton players in the game, I began to get excited again about starting Masterleague with 3 real Wolverhampton players..

Wolverhampton

Colin Cameron
(Scotland national team)- CMF-
sco.gif

Seol Ki Hyeon(Korean Republic National team) -WF/CF/SMF-
kor.gif

Rohan Ricketts
(Tottenham Hotspur,currently on loan to Wolves)-SMF-
eng.gif

-----------------------------
My first transfer window target currently plays for Wolves as well:
Olofinjana(Nigerian national team) -DMF-
nga.gif

Hi mate, like the Proff I'd like to welcome you abord the Good Ship ML.

You'll find a motley crew of Evo-Web's finest ruffian's, scallywags and scurvy seas dogs here... so hopefully you'll fit in just perfectly :)

Good call on Wolves. I'm sure you'll make a better stab of guiding them to glory than Glenda will.

Cheers

Db

Professor Nutmeg said:
Dieuze Delight

Nicolas Dieuze has spoken about the current euphoric mood in the TFC camp. Last night, "Les Violets" qualified for Europe, and the WEFA Cup, by beating Rennes 1-0 in the Coupe de la ligue final.
Toulouse currently reside in 6th place in Ligue 1, the last WEFA Champions League qualifying spot, and despite already getting into Europe via the league cup, Dieuze said that they want to hang on to their position and hold out for a chance to meet Europe's elite. The midfileder told TFC TV: "We've surprised many by coming this far already, why not further. Every footballer dreams of playing in Europe, and next season we can live that dream."
Whether or not Toulouse can consolidate 6th position remains to be seen, with four more domestic games to be played. But even if they were to slip away from the top six, one piece of silverware and the guarantee of the WEFA cup next term, will be seen as a success enough for the club.
In addidtion, Toulouse FC have also reported a large increase in profits this season, due to larger capacity home crowds, and a lucritive and victorious run in the Coupe de la ligue. It's been reported that the club's normally humble finances have seen a significant boost, something that may be evident come the summer transfer window.

r1106909839.jpg

Nicolas Dieuze: We can go further.

---

Hi mate, thats what I like to hear, good passionate commitment from a player!

Do you have any particular targets in the summer ?

Toulouse FC 2004/2005 Review

1. PSG...........66
2. Marseille.....63
3. Monaco......58
4. Lyon............56
5. Bordeaux......51
6. Toulouse....47
7. Nantes........47

Ligue 1 Champions: Paris Saint-Germain
Coupe de la ligue Winners: Toulouse FC

Toulouse qualified for the WEFA Cup via the Coupe de la ligue. However, as they finished 6th in the table, they secured the last spot for entry to the qualifying rounds of the WEFA Champions League.

League Top Scorer: Reinaldo (PSG) (20 goals)
Player of the Season Pauleta (PSG)

Toulouse Top Scorer: Daniel Moreira (12 goals)
Toulouse Player of the Season: Daniel Moreira
Toulouse Young Player of the Season: Issou Dao & Julien Cardy

Transfers

There has been a lot of transfer activity, due to TFC's finances receiving a considerable boost this season, the main ones of which are listed below.

OUT:

It looked as if Inter Milan owned, Stéphane Dalmat, who had spent this past season on loan at Toulouse, was returning to Italy. However, Inter received a sizeable bid from Mourinho's Chelsea FC, for the French playmaker, and Dalmat signed instantly for the capital club.

If you believe the press, Achille Emana was always going to leave Toulouse, as his promising displays caught many a scout's eye across Europe. A bidding war ensued, and the Cameroon midfielder eventually signed for Champions League regulars, AS Monaco.

Predag Ocokoljic departed for Spain, signing for Villareal CF.
Keeper Nicolas Douchez switched to Lille OSC.

IN:

Julien Sablé (AS Saint-Etienne) Long term target finally signs for Téfécé
Ibrahim Akin (Released from Besiktas) Out of contract,attack minded midfielder
Efstathios Tavlaridis (Released from Lille) Out of contract centre back
Nicolas Maurice-Belay (AS Monaco) Very promising young striker
Stéphane Pignol (Numancia) French full back wanted a return to France
Macbeth Ntuthuko Sibaya (Rubin Kazan) Powerful, Davids-like midfield boss

TFC's 2005/2006 Squad to be posted at the beginning of the season.

--

Last edited:
TFC Talk: Ibrahim Akin & Julien Sablé talk to TFC TV

New signing Ibrahim Akin, spoke to TFC TV about his disappointment at leaving Besitas JK, and how he hopes to find his feet in the South West corner of France. The midfielder told TFC TV: "I was very sad to leave Besiktas, but when you don't play football, you get frustrated. I had only just joined from Altay Izmir and signed a long term contract, but the new manager didn't have me in his plans. Terminating my contract by mutual consent seemed the only logical step. It is a shame, but i feel it was for the best. When Toulouse contacted my agent, and i heard about what they had achieved last season and the chance of European football, i was very interested. There were other offers, but i wanted to try my luck in France.

Like the other members of the squad, Akin will have a chance to state his claim for a place in the starting eleven, if he can impress the manager in the off-season friendlies, and the pre-season WEFA Champions League qualifiers.

ibrahim_akin.jpg

Akin: Aiming high

One player who looks sure to feature in Professor Nutmeg's plans, is long term target, and other new signing, Julien Sablé, who joined fron Saint Etienne. Sablé turned down an offer to join Toulouse in the winter transfer window last season, deciding instead to keep Saint Etienne in the top flight. Toulouse came again with an improved offer this summer, and the central midfielder decided to move on from Les Verts. It's thought Sablé might form a central midfield partnership with either Nabil Taider, who operated so well in the position last season, or fellow new signing MacBeth Sibaya. Indeed, with so much talent in that area of the park, the Professor may opt for three in midfield. Sablé told TFC TV: I'm happy to join Toulouse, and i'm excited at the prospect of European football this coming season. I know i have been a long term target for the club, but the team is not decided yet. I'm determined to make my mark though."

287.jpg

Julien Sablé: Point to prove

-

Nice stories!

Good buy Prof! He's my captain and one of the reasons I picked St. Etienne though not the only one ;)

And Dime I agree... I'd give Anything to experience just ONe ... only one of DB's amazing 4-0 defeats but it just doesn't happen. CPU doesn't score that much cuz i
m fuckin good at defending.. :(

Back
Top Bottom