The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

bar_Italy_topstories.gif

GIANTS OUTPLAYED

peterodemwingie5nc.jpg
Huygens scoring goal after Kaladze fumble

AC Milan 0

FC Sicily 1
Huygens 51'

AC Milan: Dida Stam Nesta Coloccini Kaladze(Inzaghi '86)
C. Seedorf Toulalan Rui-Costa(Kaka '82) Pirlo Crespo Shevchenko(Tomasson '62)

FC Sicily: Ivanov Valey Stromer Gonzalez Ekong(Iorga' 82)
Di Donato Matt Ximenez Cellini(Edington '62) Marini Huygens

Second leg to be played in two weeks time at the Sicily Stadium

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg said:
Hello, i didn't spend that much actually. Areias was free. Teixeira i traded at no exrta cost. And a decent cup run (final, plus top assister) gained me a good few thousand points. I sold another player and financed the others arrivals that way. Of course i haggled to get the best price. I never tend to offer the com that much more.

OK.....a bit of deals here and there :D

Sad to say that my default team ML is going great. I really hoped I'd have more of a challenge, but here's hoping that Div. 1 will kick my ass with the likes of AC, Inter, Madrid, Barca, etc.

So far I'm 7-3-1. 22 GF, 8 GA.

It's probably my fault, I went a little crazy with trading and couldn't resist. I acquired: Duda, Lee, Kim Nam Ill, Miyamoto, Zicu, and Diarra. I wasn't expecting to get so many, but the computer AI accepted some shoddy trades. I did have to give up Castolo Mindanda Macco and Espimas though.

Duda is amazing and is an absolute fiend with his crosses, he hasn't scored yet but has 3 assists. Minanda had 5 goals and Castolo had 4 before I gave them up. Huylens is 2nd in the league in scoring with 8, and Duda and Huylens are tied in 3rd place for assists with 3 a piece. Huylens and Duda have definitely been killers so far. Diarra's coming along real nicely too.

Soon as I get tired of this I'll start a new default team ML in La Liga, or Premiereship.

I think there's an obvious lesson to be learned there, Dime. Never do trades! :)

Luckily my ML is heading in the opposite direction. Although I managed to finish in an improved 11th last season, this ninth season hasn't started too well and I just had my biggest defeat so far...

Last edited:
Central European League 2012/2013 - Division One, Week Five

Blind Opens Ajax Eyes

pienaar.jpg

Ajax 5 - 1 De Graafschap

Ajax Goalscorers: De Jong, De Ridder, Sneijder, Pienaar, Rivaldo.
De Graafschap Goalscorer: Al-Qahtani.

Not only was it a matter of sweet revenge for Ajax this afternoon, it was also a milestone in the progress that Ajax are making as a club under new coach Danny Blind.

Back in March, De Graafschap came to the Amsterdam Arena and humbled the home side in a shock 1-4 defeat that proved to be Ronald Koeman's last game in charge. It marked a low point during a long period of unrest for Ajax fans as the team continually underperformed. Six months on and it's a different story. Under former Dutch international Danny Blind, Ajax look revitalised and refreshed for a better campaign this time around, renewing hope that the sleeping giants can be back up there challenging for honours.

The match itself started explosively. Just sixty seconds gone and Morten Henriksen's careless trip granted an early penalty to Ajax, which was tucked away calmly by fullback Nigel De Jong. De Graafschap struck back quickly, however, when Bas Sibum released Jory ten Brinke down the right and his cut-back from the byline was converted accurately by Yasser Al-Qahtani.

The visitors then had a good period of possession, with the wide movement of Al-Qahtani and Anouar Diba providing passing options for new signing Loránd Miriuta, a young Hungarian playmaker picked up from Budapest Honvéd FC in the summer. The second half was a different story. Ajax emerged from the half-time break somehow enforced by Blind's teamtalk and proceeded to dominate the rest of the match.

The home side blew their opponents away with a fearsome display of firepower. De Ridder started it off with a ferocious volley that beat Zoetebier at his near post, and this was followed up minutes later by Wesley Sneijder's trademark twenty-yard rocket. Substitute Pienaar made it four when he headed home the rebound from Rafael van der Vaart's effort, then there was still time for Brazilian teenage sensation Jesús Da Silva Rivaldo to complete the rout with a right-foot volley from the edge of the box. It was the nineteen year old's third goal for the club following his transfer from Corinthians in the summer; he already looks like a future star.

The victory leaves Ajax hot on the heels of French duo Lyon and PSG at the top of the table after five matches, whereas De Graafschap, who finished 11th last season, suffered their heaviest ever defeat in Division One and find themselves in 15th place with only a single point to their name.

Next week's trip to reigning champions Bayern Munich should provide Ajax with a real test to show how far they have improved.

ilungaface.jpg

To make matters worse for De Graafschap, the surprise exclusion of Hérita Ilunga from the teamsheet today further fuels speculation that the unsettled Congo international wants out of Doetchinem. His contract expires at the end of this season and he is already being linked with moves away, either during the January transfer window or via the bosman ruling next summer.

Last edited:
Nice very nice story Nerf. damn.. I like how you implement elements of real life to your fictional ML stories as well like Blind being Ajax's coach now ;)

Anyways.. i got an off-topic question, are you also the Nerf at SI game forums?

nerf said:
Luckily my ML is heading in the opposite direction. Although I managed to finish in an improved 11th last season, this ninth season hasn't started too well and I just had my biggest defeat so far...

Damnit, you're making me jealous.

Too bad now im playing the new winning eleven I wont be playing PES4 anymore. So Im not going to post much here, bye Dime Bye bye proff bye plf bye Nerf bye LaAm.

I may visit time to time but thanks you guys you were great and helpful.;)

There's no chance of the new one being released in the US is there? Either way, hopefully you can always find time to take a break and play ML.

Also, I have a question for you guys...

How did you set up your Division 1 and 2? I see you have a Serie A, LaAm, but who did you put in Div 2? Also, Nerf, who's in your Div 1?

I'm finally having a fun ML, Premiereship style, but it's a bit unrealistic so I may start over with it a bit reshuffled. Currently I have Newcastle, Aston Villa, Bolton, etc in Div 2 but it's kind of a turn off because I now find it unrealistic since I put some quality teams in Div 2 that don't really belong there.

I will start a new game with a Premiereship DIv 1, but any suggestions for the Div 2 line up?

juventus11 said:
nah you need to order it..

I dont think it is that simple as Japan, Europe and the US all use different voltages...thus a PAL tv/PS2 or a combo won't work in America without a voltage converter or I believe there are now mods available to the P2 that would allow it to play imported games. I am not an expert, but I do know its not as simple as just ordering the game and playing it on a US PS2/TV set-up.

Anyone ever bought some of the 'ML only' generated young players? (They're are in the un belonging area, at the end of every season). There's more choice than in PES3, where it was the usual small bunch everytime. I'm however noticing different ones with every different MLs. Last season i signed a 17 year old Serbian striker, Nikolic. And this season i've picked up a Brazilian midfielder, Machado. I've also seen a Korean striker, a Costa Rican SMF, as well as the usual, English, French, Italian, Spanish etc. Their salaries are a bit high for their stats though, but i'm sure they'll grow into them, particularly if you sign them on a 5 year contract. I think they're interesting. They add that element of unknown/undiscovered youth players that suddenly break into a first team squad.

How do you know that they're ML only? I did notice a few youngsters I'd never heard of in the off season, but their stats were incredible, and had 3 stars each. I actually bought one, a French CMF, Renard. His stats are all 70-75 and has Passing, Playmaking, and Anti-Dribble(whatever that is).

I've never used those "ML only" generated players in previous editions. Somehow i felt it was a litle bit too irrealistic. To be honest i thought they had disappeared from PES4...
I'm not sure about them now since there are also the "born-again" players like Zola second edition (well you know what i mean). I try never to buy them...but i'm not sure anymore.To give one example. I noticed a 20 year old Claudio Lopez and thought this to be a regenerated version of the player who once played for Valencia and Lazio. A couple of days ago i was browsing to the squads of a couple of South American national teams and in the squad of Argentina i came across a twenty year old Claudio Lopez. Is this another Claudio Lopez or did Konami make a mistake about his age (which occurs rather frequent, 90% of the Peru squad is twenty year old which seems higly improbable...).
Anyway i couldn't resist to start a new ML with Wigan Athletic. Wigan Athletic is the default crew with Keith Gillespie and LuaLua. I also created Ipswich Town out of one of both imaginary teams.
In division two i have the following teams:
Wigan Athletic ("your team")
Ipswich Town
Chrystal Palace
WBA
Fulham
Blackburn Rovers
Celtic
Rangers

I put all the other English teams in division one.

After 6 matches Wigan Atheletic is currently third. The battle for promotion will be between Fulham, Ipswich Town, Rangers and Wigan.
I play matches of 20 minutes on ****** (which to me is more difficult than *****).
I'll keep you guys informed about this ML, albeit in a less professional way.

My second Ml is with Birmingham. I just promoted and i'm doing reasonably good for a newly promoted team. After 8 games Birmingham is currently 6 in division one (with Liverpool leading).
My current team:

GK: Vandenbussche (from Heerenveen)
CB: Cunningham
CB: Upson
LB: Julian Taylor
RB: Melchiot

DMF: Nafti
OMF: Izzet (of Dunn)
RMF: Robinho
LMF: Vayrinen (i love him)

FW: Heskey (very, very good)
FW: Pandiani.

gerd, Nokami have made all the South American (not Central American; Mexico, Costa Rica) players who aren't at a club, 20 years old. A big cock up.

Dime, i know that they're ML only, because i recognize almost every name in the game, having scoured the default squads many a time. Also, they're normally 17 or 18 years old, yes, like the regenerated players (who i don't buy) but their stats aren't stupid eg regenerated Gks with 4 red stats in speed acceleration etc (clearly a 'regen'). To double check, if you type in the name in the search function of a brand new ML, these players won't exist, meaning that they are indeed ML generated only (the first of which generate at the end of the first season)

tour1.jpg

Maritimo's 5 game tour of the Aegean finished on a high last night in the venue for the 2004
Olympic Games.

Two defeats, followed by two draws and a victory against quality opposition is being seen as a positive outcome, with yesterday's win in particular galvanising team morale.

The Turkish and Greek people were all exceptionally friendly and welcoming, and despite a number of language problems the whole squad definitely benefited from some much needed R & R, as well as some delicious food, the highlight being a sumptuous Arnaki Anixiatiko Lemonato.

Scores on the doors...

v Besiktas 1-0 lost
v Galatasary 2-0 lost
v Panathanikos 0-0
v Olympiakos 1-1 (Lobaton)
v AEK Athens 0-1 won (Lobaton)

-

Squad analysis...

lobby.jpg
Lobaton discusses the communication difficulties with his new Moroccan strike partnerhttp://www.btinternet.com/~simon.sjccook/match_images/lobby.jpg

Lobaton looking sharp. Teixera fitting in well. Manduca seems revitalised after his jaunt in La Coruna. Jadid needs time to settle in. One negative is the dip in left back Euesbio's form. He has been caught out with a number of lapses in concentration, which won't be tolerated once points are up for grabs.

-

Transfer News...

Despite the transfer of Paraguyan Juan Samudio looking signed and sealed, a last minute dispute over wages has seen it fall through. With the new season rapidly approaching, time is running out for Mr Simao to add to the two new recruits already on board.

News from Saudi Arabia has linked the Portuguese with Al Shabab's Ghanian hitman Godwin Attram.

_1132805_attram300.jpg

However the possibilities of tieing up a deal don't look too promising, as his club are currently in the middle of a AFC Champions League campaign and would like to hold onto their African marksman.

In my new ML I'm going to refuse any players with yellow stats. Currently I'm 2nd in Div 2.

Div 2 line up (me)Messina, Chievo, Udinese, Parma, Lazio, Lecce, Siena, Bologna.
I really expected more of a challenge but the computer teams have been poor on attack. Anyone notice that the English teams are better at attack, even though their stats may be lower than some of the Serie A teams?

Div 1 will be fun- Madrid, Barca, Valencia, Roma, Milan, Inter, Juventus, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U, Valencia, PSV, Ajax, Bayern, Bayer Leverkussen and some other team I don't remember.

Can anyone recomend a good free kick taker that otherwise 'sucks'? I love free kicks, but Duda and Renard are too good. I need someone proficient at free kicks (70+) but shitty at everything else.

Yes, i was thinkng of restricting myself to a few coloured stats. Not sure how many yet, as there are a few cool players who i would still like to sign.

Perhaps if they are 30 years old or over, i could allow up to 4 or 5 coloured stats =; (eg Eyal Berkovic, quality passer, experienced playmaker). Under the age of 30, up to 3 coloured stats perhaps. :-k

Iberian Superliga Division 1

Liedson Brace Sinks Guimaraes

sporting.gif
Sporting CP 2 Liedson 51' 54'
gui.gif
V. Guimaraes 0

Venue: Estádio José Alvalade

josealvalade.jpg

The third season of the Iberian Superliga kicked off yesterday, with Vitória Guimaraes experiencing top flight football for the first time, since their promotion from Division 2 last term. Their first task wasn't easy however, as they visited fellow Portuguese club, Sporting Lisbon, on the opening day. The club were clearly in awe, and were simply outplayed by the home side. Two goals in 4 minutes by Sporting striker Liedson, dashed any hopes of Guimaraes returning with any points. Life looks like it may be tough in Division 1 for the newcomers, if this result is anything to go by.

Liedson_f.jpg

Liedson celebrates his brace

-

ha ha, unbelievable mate - i've got Sporting away as the opening game of season 2! Think we need Steven Hawking in on this one to sort out these alternative universes!! :)

Who did you get promoted with btw ? tough start but getting anything of the big 3 is a big ask.

Db

Yesterday i had on of those matches which illustrate how good this game is. I played with my Wigan Athletic team (default bunch + LuaLua & Keith Gillespie)against Celtic (away match). In the home tie the match finished with a 1-1 score. But i knew this always would be a very hard game. I've played all 7 division 2 teams and Celtic is by far the strongest (even if they were only 6th before the match). It was the first match after the mid-season intervall and i was lucky enough to have a team with quite a few red arrow players. But just like i suspected Wigan were totally outclassed by Celtic. Somehowq i managed to hold on to the 0-0 till around the 60th minute. And then disaster struck. Somehow Bellamy escaped Wigan's defense and Cellini took him down: a justified yellow card. To make things worse, Juninho scored with the subsequent free kick. 1-0 for Celtic with 10 against eleven (and three subs). And then Barota injured himself...and could not continue the game after 68 minutes...One goal down and 9 against eleven. But somehow Wigan became the better teams with great counters. And in the 89th minute Lualua took a shot which was deflected by Hedman and Castolo was first on the rebound and scored from an impossible angle. 1-1 end result against all odds and Castolo got a 10 score from the computer (even if he came on as a sub)...that was satisfying...Wigan are currently second after leaders Ipswich Town (Pes United)with an home game against Ipswich to come (but with one injured and three suspended players...).
About the same ML i have a question. In order to be as realistic as possible i created some Wigan Athletic players and some other good lower league players (i'm playing as Wigan with football manager and created those players i transferred in FM: Steve Sidwell; Luke Steele, Elliott, Davies,...). The players i created don't have high stats (i used the FM stats and verter and afterwards used the stats of WBA and Norwich as a benchmark) but still i was unable to transfer one of them in the mid-season transfer period...What should i do??? (i'm playing on ******)

denirobob said:
Who did you get promoted with btw ? tough start but getting anything of the big 3 is a big ask.

Db

Hello mate. It was a close three horse race, which came down to the final fixture. I (1st) was away to Racing Santander (2nd). I needed a draw to secure promotion, and a win to take the title. Meanwhile, if Benfica (3rd) won and i lost, i would have finished third. Indeed, had I won and Benfica won, the latter would have gained promotion instead of Racing. So it was all to play for.
Anyway i managed to come back from 1-0 down at Racing and earn a draw. Benfica lost, and so Guimaraes (me) and Racing were promoted. Benfica narrowly missed out on returning to the top flight, and Espanyol, also relegated last season from Div 1, finshed bottom of Div 2.

gerd, sounded like a great match. I've noticed subs who score even with only 5 to 15 mins of play get a good score, but i've never seen one get a 10 for getting one goal. Sounds as if the game really understood the situation well. The 9 men, the last minute equaliser by the sub etc...

As for the midseason transfer window, i think it's just trickier to land players in that slot. Also, being in Div 2 effects it bit i believe.

Thanks Prof...
Well about that perfect 10, i will cherish it because i've never had one before it and i doubt if i will ever have one ...And that with one of the default players, i really am a PES God (those who have read many postings of me know that this is bitter irony...).Usually i think the scores for the players are rather random...keepers are usually very underrated...

Haven't posted here for a while because i'm not currently playign ML due to switching from PES4 to WE8LE and the data isn't ready yet for me to start my first ML with WE8LE but i still read your stories soemtimes and Gerd that match seemed so exciting lol..

disaster stroke and red card and then injured player 9 against 11 and yet 1-1.

I have to say I have never seen a 10 either. In fact i haven't seen anything above 8 in PES4 or WE8 no matter how great the player has played.

Back
Top Bottom