The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Maybe I should try to play against weaker teams? I noticed the bigger teams play worse against a weak team for some reason. Much to my embarrassment, the same team I beat Valencia 6-1 with just lost to AEK by 0-2.

...well, it didn't happen. We went on a good run in the last few games and pulled so clear that we actually ended up 10th. And on we go to season ten...

Central European League 2013/2014 Preview - Division One

halflogo.jpg

Club: De Graafschap
Stadium: Stadion De Vijverberg (17,500)

Last Season
League Position: 10th
Cup: First Round

De Graafschap's third season in Division One was a similar relegation battle to the previous two, but once again late salvation was gained thanks to three wins and two draws in their final five fixtures. The Dutch team seem to have a knack of digging out those important results in the nick of time.

Who is OUT?

The most high profile departure is that of Herita Ilunga, who fell out with the club midway through the season and refused to play over the remaining six months of his contract. Other players leaving due to contract expiry were veteran squad members Dave Bus, Yuri Rose and Mamadou Zongo.

Who is IN?

De Graafschap have been linked heavily with Johan Vonlanthen of Grasshoppers Zurich, a transfer saga that lasted all summer long and was ultimately unsuccessful. The club are expected to continue their pursuit of the 26 year old former-PSV forward when the transfer window opens again in January.

Wieghorst.jpg

Instead, the sole addition comes from within the club, as 18 year old Henrik Wieghorst steps up into the first team from the youth academy. The tall midfielder will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of fellow Danish Under-21 teammate Morten Henriksen.

How will they line up?

Following a long period of unsettling experimentation, De Graafschap appear to have finally settled on their chosen system. A back five with attacking fullbacks and a free libero, two hard-working midfielders, a deep-lying creative forward and two wide attackers.

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar's 11 goals re-established him as the club's primary striker and top goalscorer last season. With Vonlanthen's rumoured arrival at best postponed, he will partner either Anouar Diba or Yasser Al-Qahtani in attack. Loránd Miriuta will play just behind and will be looking to provide the ammunition.

Alexander Farnerud and Cihan Yalcin continue to be the first choice midfield pairing, with Yalcin in particular becoming a cult figure and fans' favourite in Doetchinem for his willingness to fight for the cause. Bas Sibum and youth protégé Henrik Wieghorst are ready to step in when needed.

At the back, the experience of captain Anatoliy Tymoschuk in the free libero role remains crucially important alongside inexperienced centre-backs Morten Henriksen (22) and Tommy Van Burik (18). Jory ten Brinke and former Ajax product Randy Rustenburg fill the fullback slots reliably, with the much improved Joos Zoetebier behind them in goal.

Player to watch:

Miriutta.jpg

Stepping into the shoes of Ricardo Sousa is no easy task, but Loránd Miriuta's role in the team is invaluable. De Graafschap feed the ball to the feet of their 22 year old Hungarian playmaker as regularly as possible, as he often drops into midfield and beyond to conduct play from deep positions. On a team that struggles to score goals, Miriuta is also the one most capable of playing the killer pass to open up the opposing defence.

Prediction: 9th-12th.

De Graafschap are showing signs of a club in transition. A new stand has been constructed at the Stadion de Vijverberg, edging the capacity a little closer to that expected of a club at this level, while a number of the older squad members have moved on to make room for a fresh influx of younger players. Change like this will be necessary to avoid another relegation scrap this season. If Huntelaar can continue to score the goals, and if they can finally manage to find a partner for him in January, the changes should be reflected in a move into midtable security.

Thanks Laam. I tend to use Sibum as a battling midfielder, a CMF or sometimes DMF. He's quite strong and tackles well. I know his primary position is SMF but I've never looked at him as a winger.

nerf said:
Thanks Laam. I tend to use Sibum as a battling midfielder, a CMF or sometimes DMF. He's quite strong and tackles well. I know his primary position is SMF but I've never looked at him as a winger.

Yeah that what i was thinking to, his a bit too tall to be a SMF, i like my SMF/WF to be around 170cm to 180cm. He looks more like a DMF or a defender.

425.gif

Groningen Look Up

FC Groningen completed their astounding late push for promotion yesterday, finishing second in Division 2 behind RBC Roosendaal. Winning performances against De Graafschap and Den Bosch meant that Groningen needed a final win, away to Den Haag, to secure second spot. It was close, but sure enough, Brian Pinas's header in the 19th minute separated the two sides until the final whistle. The win ensured that fellow promotion chasers, 1.FC Kaiserslautern and Borussia Mönchengladbach were held at bay.
FC Groningen's Glenn Salmon picked up the "Best Overall Player" award for Division 2, as well as the coveted "Top Scorer" trophy for his 12 goals (in 14 games).

Division 2: Final Table 04/05

Roosendaal 25 pts (promoted)
Groningen 24 pts (promoted)
Kaiserslautern 23 pts
B. Mönchengladbach 21 pts
Willem II 19 pts
Den Haag 16 pts
De Graafschap 15 pts
Den Bosch 13 pts

Transfers:

IN:

Youssouf El Akchaoui: The left back signed a 3 year contract from Ado Den Haag and will look to challenge Swede, Mathias Florén for the position.

Funes: 17 year old Spanish born keeper, raised in Holland, signs his first professional contract with FC Groningen.

Petkovski: Discovered in the lower Russian domestic leagues, the giant Serbian teenage striker has signed a 5 year contract with FC Groningen, providing a youthful backup for Glenn Salmon.

-

Last edited:
After much thought and several hours of playing around with the PESFan Editor and PESFan option file V3 I have settled on new club to take from the lowly Second Division to the highest reaches of European glory: Italian club Genoa. I was tempted by some of the spanish teams and some other small Italian clubs with personality (ex: Livorno for its crazy leftist fan base would have been fun) but I couldn't resist using the editor on the default team to create Genoa, the club currently at the Top of Serie B. I am also very happy to be able to re-Lock all the classic teams so NO classic players in master league, No Pele and Zico on Real Zaragoza ...YAAY :D

British Premiership
Arsenal
Aston Villa
Birmingham
Blackburn Rovers
Everton
Liverpool
Charlton Athletic
Fulham
Chelsea
Man City
Man Utd
Newcastle United
Tottenham Hotspur
Rangers
Celtic

Iberian Liga
Sporting Clube of Lisbon
Benfica
FC Porto
Villareal
Valencia
Sevilla
Real Zaragoza
Real Sociedad
Real Madrid
Real Betis
Deportivo
Espanyol
Barcelona
Mallorca
Atletico de Madrid

Central-East League
Shakhtar Donetsk
Lyon
Marseille
PSG
Monaco
Bayer Leverkusen
Bayern Munich
Borussia Dortmund
Stuttgart
Wolfsburg
Schalke04
PSV
Ajax
Feyenoord
Werder Bremen

Mediterranean A
Olympiacos
Fenerbahce
AC Milan
AS Roma
Brescia
Cagliari
Chievo
Fiorentina
Inter
Juventus
Lazio
Parma
Udinese
Siena
Reggina

Mediterranean B

Genoa
Livorno
Bologna
Sampdoria
Lecce
Messina
Atalanta
Galatasaray

My squad is default ML + 3 with names edited:

Genoa CFC

GK: Padelli (Ita, 18,)

DF: Sottil (Ita, 39)
DF: Thiago (Ita, 37)
RB: Lamacchi (Ita, 30)
LB: Stellini (Ita, 33)

DMF: Gusev (Rus, 20)
CMF: Cellini (Ita, 34)
RMF: Gemiti (Ita, 29)
LMF: Carparelli (Ita, 28,)

OMF: Zanini (Ita, 33)

CF: D. Milito (Arg, 20)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. six so you've created Valon Behrami over a default ML player?? Hope you've made him young and talented like he is. He's a very bright prospect and Juve almost bought him for $6M in January transfer window.

He's Albanian but will most likely play for Swiss national senior side as he's represented them at youth levels before.

PLF...unfortunately when I edited the default ML players, their names and nationalities turned out fine, but their ages seemed to revert to default rather than my editted values. Not sure if I did it incorrectly and I will probably try again, but because of that, I mostly just editted older players. I wasn't familar with Behrami in real life. I'll check him out and would probably have to unlock one of the "lesser" classic players (since now all of them except Adu, Robinho and Amoroso are locked) and edit Behrami over one of them...that was what I did with Jeremy Menez in my pre-PESFan editor option file and I was considering doing that again.
thanx for the tip :D

well if you edit this stuff in an option file editor and then put it on your ISO they will work fine but if you use it just as an option file on memory card only thigns like name, footedness,nationality and things like that can be changed and not stats and age.

He's been a revelation this season.

PLF said:
well if you edit this stuff in an option file editor and then put it on your ISO they will work fine but if you use it just as an option file on memory card only thigns like name, footedness,nationality and things like that can be changed and not stats and age.

He's been a revelation this season.

I kind of grok your meaning but I am not a tech expert so I don't know exactly what you mean by ISO. It appears I am just using like you mention in the latter since I have only been able to edit name, nationality and such.

Professor Nutmeg said:
I've been able to change stats.

So you must be using the editor the way PLF mentions. I am familar with how to do that though...

Oh and what I've read Behrami actually plays in Verona even though he is co-owned by Genoa so I dont know if he would be appropriate on my squad. I know Diego Milito has been in top form for Genoa though :D

News about Wigan Athletic's push for promotion.
With one match to go Wigan Athletic are second in division 2.
Fullham are champions. With one match to go they have a 6 points gap with runner-up Wigan.
Which team will promote with Fullham is less sure however.
Wigan is currently second with 21 points.
Rangers are third with 19 points and Ipswich are fourth with 18 points. Rangers seem the team in form since they have won their last three games. In their last match they have to play Fullham who already are champions.
Ipswich face Blackburn Rovers (away).
Wigan Athletic are the only team of the three contenders who play at home against Crystal Palace. It seems that the team is getting tired however. The teams small squad means that a lot of the elder play seem tired: Vornander, Stremer, Valery, Minanda...The defeat against Rangers in their last game (2-1) also was a rather heavy blow for manager Gerd's team.
On the plus side Wigan have with Castolo and Lualua two of the top scorers and with Castolo arguably the most valuable player of the league.
One thing is sure, none of the three teams can play a waiting game. They all have to win to be sure or have a chance of promotion. It will be a nail biting, wrecking last day of the competition.

Ive started a ML with Athletico Madrid and I am struggling like hell. I have lost my first 3 matches. I dont think ill be posting regular though because I just dont seem to have the creativity of the stories like some people on here

Quick question to the regulars of this thread - How long do you have the match lengh ?

Actually im lying, Coral is the one to go for. my future father in law knocks back about 7 or 8 eight a day of the Coral Preto which looks like Guiness but is actually no alchoholic.

To be honest, my tipple of choice is the local farmers red wine (from the Madeiran wine operative) which comes in 5 litre bottles, is cheap as chips from the local Pingo Doce supermarket and is only about 9%, e.g. very drinkable stuff. I tried to get the bugger back last year from the airport, got it through passport, customs etc.. all was going fine till a jumped up security chap stopped us on the way to the plane. He said it couldnt take the cabin pressure and my g/f got in a real strop and started suggesting he just wanted to nick it for a session with his mates, which he denied. Some old English chap said they'd made him open up a cask of expensive Port, and he was astounded when we'd nearly got all the way with this humungous bottle! ha ha

I used to play either on 15 mins or 10 Metallica.

I find anything more than 15 mins too be WAY TOO Long to be honest and well 5 mins is just too stupid and too short so one of those 2 is the way to go.

I have just been promoted to Div. 1 with my FC Twente team. I won't be able to get to do no reports anymore because i am real busy with assignments. So probably in the summer holidays you will see me back with my reports like cooked crack.

I'll check here now and again to say a things.

Back
Top Bottom