The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

thast kool Prof :)

I'm in Milan .. but since i got to this forum ,, i wanted to get a small team :-s .. hmmm Udinese !! :-s

FORZA TFC :) .. Monaco sre great .. Chevanton & Saviola on the front line .. I feel it will be a hard macth but a great one !! :)

GOOD LUCK PRO ;)

DB, Editing and transferring players in general is i find much better than PES3 however Konami's mistake is for some dumb reason they always take out things that work great in previous versions out. Like why the hell did they take out our ability to transfer a player to the "Free agent" pool ??? also some players who are in neither CLUBS in the game OR national team.. are in "Free Agent" pool but not accessible. that means they're there but we can't access them to transfer them to a club once they do in real life.

This is an example with Ajaccio's 2nd GK i believe DB, his name is Trevisan and he's ALREADY in the game. I looked through my base option file on PC and found him in "Free" section of my option file but in the game there is no way for us to move this fucker to Ajaccio and thats the stupid things Konami have done!! :(

Anyways hope it gets better for next version... though they always miss some easy basic stuff like this.. i dunno why??? do they not think of it.

As for Shevchenko, Udinese is hardly a small team and they have one of the best squads in italy right now probably after Big 4. Why dont you pick a real challenge.

Antiz I know you play on 6* as others have said.. SAmpdoria has SOME descent players so it'll be a bit of challenge but Fiorentian have world-class ones like Miccoli, Bojinov, Jorgensen, Nakata and much much more.

Palermo is descent too though i dont know about playing in pink ;)! I wouldn't do it hahaha!

I like to take my time with MLs, so i don't rush things. I don't like to play loads of short games in a row, as it makes it more meaningless in a way, like just going through the motions.
I played just one game (the season opener) before the weekend, and yesterday I played week 2 and 3. I play 15 mins games. So far they've been quite low scoring too.

Antiz said:
another thing i was wondering do you guys with ml websites play 1 match a day or something ? else you have to update 7 matches on your website or what ? :)

Hi,

Like The Proff, i prefer to play a few games say 3-4 over a weekend. I like to take my time between matches (also 15mins each) , then i write everything down, lineups, scorers etc.. so I can put it on the website during the following week.

I dont feel you can get the most out of a Ml unless you flesh out the stories/players a bit. Give them a bit of life outside the 90 mins on the pitch you know.

At Stuttgart in my WE7 ML, new signing Anton Ferdinand was led astray by a leading German tv presenter which affected his on the field performances. Also there was the ongoing hassle with Tomo Sokota, who basically sat sulking in the reserves for over a season because he wanted to move back to Portugal. The whole episode brought shame and bad publicity on the player and the club.

-

Hi Proff, just took a look at the website, nice pic of Eduardo that, that's two in two games for him isnt it - he's doing you proud after being rescued from the ignominy of the free players pool! ;)

Db

thanks db and proff, i fully agree with you that you have to take the time with our ml and creating a kind of championship manager style with publicity and stuff. its fun to read that stuff.
im thinking of creating a website too thats why i asked.

dont you get high scores with 15 minute matches ?

Hi Db, yeah Eduardo and Moreira are making a good partnership upfront. Although it's a bit slow. He had plenty of opportunities against Auxerre mind, shooting wide, not quite controlling rebounds etc. Also, his stats are all white ;) (not a Jonathan Rossism), which is a challenge i enjoy. Actually, the Brazilian in the 5 minute attempted an audacious lob from about 40 yards out. Cool in the Auxerre goal, however, managed to backpeddle enough to tip the ball over the crossbar at the last minute, with an acrobatic dive. What an opener that would have been. A bit like Francisco for Albacete last weekend.
Looking at my team, i appear to lack pace in defence, and quality ball play in the centre of midfield. These are issues I will address come the first transfer window though.

Hi Antiz, so far in this ML, my highest score has been 1-1, with the others being 1-0. Have a look at my site and see ;) One of those was almost 0-0 even, which i do get sometimes. I do also get multiple goals, like 4-0, 3-2 etc, but that's just fine too.
It depends on your play i suppose. Given i play 15 min matches, i like to pass the ball around a bit and build up moves, knowing that there is sufficient time., I'm not from the "run, run, run, turn, Shoot!" school of play.

Last edited:
PLF said:
@Alex Carreira, nice looking website so far man... looking very good.

denirobob said:
hi alex, sorry i didn't se you jpeg as i've got my screen minimized at work. looking very sweet mate, look forward to seeing it in the flesh (so to speak)

thanks everyone...I decided to restart my ML seeing all those changes at Sparta in the last few weeks (Labant,Koubsky,Baranek and Michalik out ; Matusovic,Kadlec in)..also I'd like to have my opponent's formations updated,too. ;)
Sparta is quite an interesting Team, with Poborsky in his last few Years and young guns like Tomas Jun or Tomas Sivok starting to play like the next players Sparta is going to sell ;)...so look forward to the website in the next few days
icon14.gif

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg said:
It depends on your play i suppose. Given i play 15 min matches, i like to pass the ball around a bit and build up moves, knowing that there is sufficient time., I'm not from the "run, run, run, turn, Shoot!" school of play.
I'm the same - I play at quite a slow tempo because I like to pass the ball around, which in turn keeps scores low in my 15 minute games.

I tend to rush through my master league at a quicker pace, however. I like to sit down with my ML for a few hours per session and play several matches consecutively, because this really immerses me and I can get into the game more. If I just play one match every day or two, I find that it interrupts the flow and I don't quite get dragged in as much. A typical session for me would probably be about four matches, or around that. That's just my preference.

The De Graafschap ML is going well - because it's going so badly :D!

Thanks to the combination of the worst team in the game and a new formation (which is neither familiar nor particularly effective), I actually finished bottom of the 2nd division in my first season. Which is great! I now have a weak position to build from and any future achievement should be more satisfying as a result. This is exactly the challenge I wanted ;)

I did manage to get to the quarter finals of the cup, but D'Alessandro's VFL Wolfsburg knocked me out of the competition and went on to win the cup as well as get promoted. Hertha Berlin sneaked past them on the last day to win the division.

Like PLF suggested, I also did not buy anyone in the first season. I'm waiting for the mid-season negotations in the 2nd season before I allow transfers. I definitely need a striker and some decent wingbacks.

Anyway, it's a lot of fun so far ;)

nerf said:
The De Graafschap ML is going well - because it's going so badly :D!

Thanks to the combination of the worst team in the game and a new formation (which is neither familiar nor particularly effective), I actually finished bottom of the 2nd division in my first season. Which is great! I now have a weak position to build from and any future achievement should be more satisfying as a result. This is exactly the challenge I wanted ;)

Dude.. I Envy you!! ;)
That's all I EVER wanted... to be LOSING game after game and finding it hard to stay in my league and lose so much that when i draw against a top team it seems like a REAL achievement just like relegation battlers feel good about it in real life and it boosts Norwich confidence a lot when they get a DRAW against Man Utd for example.... but so far it hasn't happened with Hannover :(though i'm enjoying the game very much but i'm sitting 3rd :(

Anywyas perhaps reason is Hannover's squad really isn't that bad... and not only do they have a LOT of DEPTH.. but also their starting playes are like a mid-table club i think in Germany not a Relegation battler but i liked their kits and some players and UNDER-ESTIMATED their squad i think.... so i picked them and its no biggie hopefully with me not buying anyone till 2nd season and even then.. with our usual rules... it gets more intersting.

Like PLF suggested, I also did not buy anyone in the first season. I'm waiting for the mid-season negotations in the 2nd season before I allow transfers. I definitely need a striker and some decent wingbacks.

Anyway, it's a lot of fun so far ;)

Glad you're having fun bro... its nice for me to hear about your ML with the MIGHTY de Grafschap now ;) so keep us updated...
by the way.. i said i wouldn't buy ANYONE in 1st season because squads are already updated and these teams have bought/sold their players BUT you don't have to wait till mid-season in 2nd season to buy... you could've done it in summer (off-season) because players you buy will be for 2nd season which is allowed by me ;) but anywyas its up to you :D

Take care for now..

@Antiz.. good looking website so far man...

PLF said:
i said i wouldn't buy ANYONE in 1st season because squads are already updated and these teams have bought/sold their players BUT you don't have to wait till mid-season in 2nd season to buy... you could've done it in summer (off-season) because players you buy will be for 2nd season which is allowed by me ;) but anywyas its up to you :D
Haha ;) I wondered about this for a while. I was trying to decide whether the first off-season is part of the first season or the second... because in real life the summer is more like part of the next season (like pre-season), but in PES4 the off-season is at the end of the last season... so I was trying to work out how it applies to our rules.

In the end I just picked the one that would make it hardest ;) because now I have to play a season-and-a-half before I can buy. But I guess it's open to preference really :)

Yeah... in pes off-season is part of last season but it doesn't matter... cuz you knew if you bought players during off-season .. you would be using them in 2nd season and thats okay.. as long as its max 3 ;) ofcourse and its realistic players. Anyways it doesn't matter now as you said its only a bit harder which wouldn't hurt.

Although if it was off-season you could switch to 4* and see how willing the players you want are to come so you knew how much to offer and stuff but anyways now you just have to go by luck and you might keep offering for a player that has 0 STAR and won't come to you NO MATTER how much you offer.

@Juventus11, I don't know man... depends how much of a challenge you want. Wolfsburg has good players... although their squad is rather old and with exception of a few young players like D'Alessandro, Petrov and Mesenguez i dont know many younger ones but anyways their team is kinda like Fiorentina i guess in Germany.. they have many WORLD=class players well not many but a few .... if you want more challenge.... pick crappier club if you like some good players in your team then pick Wolfsburg. I won't be going on MSN though dude.... I got shit load of stuff to do so just discuss here.

well .. i think i will start with my own creation team :) .. i will start tomorrow .. so i will give the info day after day .. lol .. but i wont make a site .. cause i don't know how :)

I will start with Gilardino, Kompany and Abate !!
or maybe Zicu from Parma !!

Zicu shouldn't be in Parma anymore by the way.. he's back to Romania for now.

And of course i started ML.. dont you read my previous posts?? i said I was Hannover and how its still easy and i'm 3rd ?

Toulouse FC NEWS

09/02
Next Match:
Olympique Lyonnais - Toulouse FC

09/02
Chelsea Track Aubey
Chelsea FC are believed to have been tracking Lucien Aubey for a number of months and had scouts posted to watch him in action just last month. Aubey is thought to have impressed the Chelsea scouts with his fully committed displays.

08/02
Aubey Opts For D R Congo
Lucien Aubey has pledged his international future to the nation of his birth, Congo, after France had looked to lure him.

Week 4
Toulouse FC 0 - 0 AS Monaco

A night of missed chances produced a 0-0 draw at a rainy Stadium Municipal. League leaders Monaco were held to a goalless draw, as Javier Chevanton, Lucas Bernardi and Pontus Farnerud all squandered Monaco's best chances. Rookie TFC keeper, Benoît Benvegnu, kept a second successive clean sheet with a commanding display.

For more info, click on the link below.

My Champions League group - Man Utd, Barcelona, Inter Milan

Away to Man Utd I drew 1-1 and now Ive got Barcelona away

Its not a bad ride for my Fiorentina team, I got nothing to lose so i'll be enjoying taking it to these top teams

Breaking News

Toulouse FC have been alerted to the news that Mali defender, Sekou Berthe, has had his contract terminated at Premiership strugglers, West Bromwich Albion.
Berthe is now a free agent, and with defence being an area the professor wishes to bolster, Berthe may provide a cheap option.
Berthe previously played in France for Troyes.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Toulouse FC NEWS

09/02
Next Match:
Olympique Lyonnais - Toulouse FC

09/02
Chelsea Track Aubey
Chelsea FC are believed to have been tracking Lucien Aubey for a number of months and had scouts posted to watch him in action just last month. Aubey is thought to have impressed the Chelsea scouts with his fully committed displays.

08/02
Aubey Opts For D R Congo
Lucien Aubey has pledged his international future to the nation of his birth, Congo, after France had looked to lure him.

Week 4
Toulouse FC 0 - 0 AS Monaco

A night of missed chances produced a 0-0 draw at a rainy Stadium Municipal. League leaders Monaco were held to a goalless draw, as Javier Chevanton, Lucas Bernardi and Pontus Farnerud all squandered Monaco's best chances. Rookie TFC keeper, Benoît Benvegnu, kept a second successive clean sheet with a commanding display.

For more info, click on the link below.

hi proff,

ive just realised your starting in the first division! i kept thinking why are Lyon and Monaco in the second division - he he

db

Back
Top Bottom