The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, I'm reloaded, okay, the heat's loaded
Okay, now we rollin, okay (Santana)
My fo-fo peace talking, sound oh so sweet talking
Do mo, mo street talking, then Stone Cold Steve Austin
And I bang it well, slang is well, shave it well
Hell, you looking a preview of the Matrix 12

What going on my ML peeps it's Ian Wright in the building half man half amazing :mrgreen:

It's seems in my ML that me (Ian Wright :mrgreen: ) has put Imbrahim Toraman in a OMF postion because Minada is just gets tired easily and is too inconsistent <--is that how you spell it sorry if i offended anyone :mrgreen: So yeah man Ibrahim has been performing very well in the OMF it looks Minanda and Ostwat, 40 years old, will be spending their last years of their careers on the bench.

Also in the transfer window i will have to sign a new striker if it is possible because money is very tight and i think my team has been infulenced by inter milan this season :roll: Anyways i am signing a new striker because Zigic has been injured for 13 weeks and it is only 8 games away to the transfer window. Any suggestions please of a striker please post.

Also there is a player that i will defently be buying for next year and it is J.R. Fernandez the technical RB who plays for river plate, but again if there is money in the club because i've drawn to many games i should of lost and lost to many games i should of drawn :mrgreen: But i like to reccomend to everybody J.R. Fernandez very good RB who can also play as SMF. Haven't played with him because it will be sort of like cheating but his stats are nice and average for my team :D

GFK i noticed how M. Gonzalez is in your team ;)

Jueventus 11 your totally mental :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
yes there are a few teams with stats nearly as bad! Den Bosch, De Grafschap and ADO are about the weakest teams you'll find in this game and their strikers are no better than default players ;).

I highly suggest you start with REAL players Nerf... but pick a team that suits your needs.. if you want a mid-table club for example with some descent players but mostly avreage pick Charlton, SEville or Fiorentina. If you want to fight relegation like I do pick a REAL team with their REAL players and try to keep them in the league and get them into Europe maybe in the future: go for Getafe, Levante, Siena, Norwich its fun and this way you have to get to KNOW their players and design your tactics to that team's strengths. for example when you pick shitty clubs like i do you usually find they have one or two talented playres who shine and so you design your tactics based on them so they get the most ball and conflict damages. You might find your star player is a 196cm colombian forward for example and so put him as a lone striker but with 3 supporting attacking midfielders so he can hold the ball up and get support since you have good attacking midfielders for example and 2 other average forwards.

I'm just saying.. its better like that cuz each squad has its real strength/weaknesses and so the process of getting to know them and getting them to perform the best is much more fun than playing with DEFAULT players who you already KNOW by now.

give it a try mate.

As for your injury suggestion, its not a bad idea however the problem is those with injuries set to C also get many SEVERE injuries not just injuries that occur often so while i'd like more players to get injured every week to make it more realistic, thats a good idea but every week many players get injured for a week or a couple days and only 1 or 2 from each club may be out for rest of season but if you set them to C, many will get LONG-term injuries which can get out of hand and get extreme. Hence I think putting many players to B though instead of A should help ;) as it'll increase the number of injuries but not necessarily severe ones all the time. :D

but thats a lot of players we have to edit now but i like this idea ;)

oo I bought Baresi and Rivera !!! :-s .. thats bad ,, I would sell them and get borre, Ledesma and Kompany :) .. no prob at all :D

about the rulz, Why would you banned trads and loans !!

Not getting Classic Players is so Real !! .. but Loans and trads !! dunno :-s

Shevchenko 7 trading is like an easy way of getting players and loanong i am not sure of that. Also can you give us more detail of who you bought. SAFE.

I have just been knocked out of the first round of the Div 1 Cup by middlesbrough. I drew 1-1 with them in the first leg away and 2-2, i am really pissed of because two of my players were injured (Zigic(13) and M. Gonzalez(3)) and i never had a strong team 3 of my other players had gery's it really made me angry because the goal i let in to make it 2-2 to brough was a miskicked ball which should of been booted away but for some reason it just spliped away from Cecil. I was hoping i could go far in the cup so i can have money to buy some players. I need to start improving in the league now i am currently 12.

can't do that. you can set them on TRANSFER list though and maybe just maybe someone will make a LOAN bid for them instead of transfer but chances are that are like 0.00001% since they dont even make transfer offers for your players let alone make a loan offer, i've never seen it anyways.

:-s .. hmm .. then i'm gonna keep Pozzi with me !! .. i wanted to loan him ,, but now it seems hard ,, but i will give it a shoot

yeah Pozzi isn't with Milan anymore by the way so i've updated my game and he's not with them but sinec you already have him... give it a shot... play him in cup games when you have a big lead and jus play him a bit and see if he's ever going to be an asset to you or decide to let him go and put him on transferlist.

Hey PLF you update your game through the PC right?

How do you manage to make the player changes without touching your option file? I dont want to create a new one just for updated transfers and removed players.

um... what do you mean? I make changes/transfers by touching my option file on PS2 not through PC. How could i do it through PC???? with xport? oh i dont have that... so i just record all things that need to be altered and take it down with my on a piece of paper then edit them manually on PS2.

p.s. I started new ML last night. It's HAnnover 96 and an enjoyable game so far... spent an hour looking at my options for CB, CF and everyone's strenthts and weaknesses and they've good squad depth. I've 6 strikers and 6 CB's although no one is really standing out because they're a bunch of average players.

Still.. i have a forward named "Roman Wallner" the Austrian international whose clearly in a different class than rest of my team. He has good stats and also "Lines" and "Scoring" special abilities which i've missed for a while since i've always picked crappier teams and most of their players have no special abilities.

Overall my team is pretty descent though i'd say..

here's my team right now:

GK: Haas (21 year old with good curve, so decided to play him in front of #1 Robert Enke because they have similar stats anyways.. in fact Haas has even better keeper skills by a few points.)

DR: Steve Cherundulo (The American ;) )
DL: Tarnat (The captain and someone to do Carlos freekicks should situation arise.)

DC: Dame Diouf (188cm 89kg, senegalese international)
DC: Thomas Schneider (31 year old, reliable CB so far).

MR: LEandro Fonseca/Tranquillo Barnetta
(Fonseca is a 29 year old brazillian while Barnetta is a star of future and has good enough stats already at age of 19 to start many games for me.) Leandro just got injured for a week... so it'll be either Barnetta or Schroter in that position.

DM: Altin Lala (28 year old Albanian DMF, short but good passing and hard-working)

DM : Julian De Guzman 23 year old CANADIAN international and one with a relatively good future... very hard-working... fast and descent skills... also left-footed with same height and everything as Davids. He was one of reasons i started with this team.

ML/OMF: Ricardo Sousa. The #10 of this team.. a Portugese player with good OMF
skills who i play almost on left wing but role set to OMF... he's scored 2 goals already and set up another 2 in 2 matches.

FC: Roman Wallner (Pacey Austrian, with a great eye for goal, has scored 3 goals in 2 matches.)

FC: Stajner (Jan Koller lookalike also from Czech republic but 185cm and much more skillful. He provides a little bit of HEIGHT to my offence which i'm missing with Wallner and rest all under 180 and also has good enough passing stats to play a little bit behind Wallner and send him through on many occassions instead of trying to get goals himself. In other words he's like a Bergkamp/Del Piero type of forward whose main job is not to score himself but to provide for Wallner.

I also have some good players on the bench who if proving themselves when coming on can easily make the 1st team because as of right now only 3-4 players of mine are CARVED in stone that they'll be in 1st team. everyone else will have to fight for their place.

That's it for now... i've played 2 matches by the way with no regulating condition as we found out it makes games easier.

First match of Bunesliga season 2004/2005

Kaiserslautern 0 v 4 Hannover 96

Goals : Roman Wallner (2) , Stajner (1) , Ricardo Souza (1)

Week 2:
Hannover 96 2 v 1 Werder Bremen

Goals : Roman Wallner breaks through in 12' minute and taps it low around the keeper and puts Hannover ahead. Then in 2nd half around 70' minute mark, another Canadian international, Paul Stalteri with an AMAZING right-footed ROCKET towards top corner and Haas was shocked and although jumped.... couldn't catch it. I wish i could've got that goal on save somewhere... it was so hard and it wasn't a one-time shot... he was running with it before delivering that rocket.

anyways it was 1-1 and all looked over until in 85th minute... Ricardo Souza had a 1-2 with Wallner and the left-footed OMF put a nice shot with inside curve to right-side of goal with his RIGHT foot and game Hannover their 2nd win out of 2.

------------

As you can so far 2 wins out of 2 but I was hoping i lose more which is why i started with this team.... when i lose or draw or get players injured and all kinds of mis-fortunes I like this game more. I want to be fighting to STAY in the league for once instead of always fighting for championship. :(

Hopefully it'll happen though, this was only 2 games and my next one is against Schalke so hopefully i'll get CRUSHED! ;)

I'll be back later to report more.

PLF said:
can't do that. you can set them on TRANSFER list though and maybe just maybe someone will make a LOAN bid for them instead of transfer but chances are that are like 0.00001% since they dont even make transfer offers for your players let alone make a loan offer, i've never seen it anyways.

If you put one of your players on the transfer list there might be a club who wants to do a loan deal with you.

There is a finnish player on PES4 is this the one that plays in the coca cola championship for Ipswich.

Nice to see your team, i never noticed Hannover 96 were in the game. But that striker you were talking about is he tall.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah thats what i said 1860.

Kuqi the striker in Finland national team is the one who plays for Ipswich... his younger brother Njazi Kuqi though needs to be created for Birmingham City.

PLF said:
yeah thats what i said 1860.

But you said you never get a good chance of getting a loan deal. With the 3 players i put in the transfer list in my last game all 3 of them got a negoation for a loan deal. You've got a goos chance.

oh... okay then.. i've never had a LOAN offer for my player so i was only talking about my own experiences but what you said sounds promising. :)

But then again i've barely had any NORMAL offers for my players either even when on transfer list so maybe i'm just super unlucky.

Okaaayyyyyyyy! :mrgreen:

But anyways i am going to loan out Terzi if any computer players comes up with a loan offer. Stromer is really doing well in the defence even if he is a bit slow.

PLF said:
yes there are a few teams with stats nearly as bad! Den Bosch, De Grafschap and ADO are about the weakest teams you'll find in this game and their strikers are no better than default players ;).
Thanks for the suggestion PLF, I started a new ML today with De Graafschap and real players. So far I've won 1 and lost 3 - which is great! :D. Like you, I really want the game to be a challenge rather than just winning all the time.

I've set the leagues up so that League A (my chosen league) is a "Central European" league, with the best teams from France, Germany, Holland and others like Anderlecht, Sparta Prague and Kiev (not really central, but never mind). League B is La Liga, C Serie A and D Premiership.

Oh and I'm on 6* with all the rules I mentioned earlier, plus no regulating condition. Hopefully this should be fun.

To keep it extra interesting I'm trying out a new formation. I'm playing 5-3-2 with a sweeper, something I never do because I always play with a flat-four in defence. Just something to keep it fresh, you know? ;)

So far my strongest player seems to be a Ukranian OMF/CF called Valeev. I started off playing him in midfield making runs forward, while bringing an African striker called Zongo off the bench up front, but then in the last game I started Zongo and moved Valeev into attack playing just behind him, and they both scored as I got my first win. Zongo has white boots too, it's cool ;)

Enjoying it so far, I hope it stays this way!

1860 London

Derby match!

Saturday, February 5
Feb 5 - Highbury - League match

1860 London 4 (Huygens 1', 70' Macco 20', 84')
Tottenham Hotspurs 4 (Jackson 15' Marney 42' Robbie Keane 77', 87')

HT: 2-2. Att: 28,000. Ref: Poole

1860 London: Ivanov - Valeney, Stromer, Lewandowski, foglio(Edington 77'), L. Dyer(Burchet 61'), Iorga(Castello 27') I. Toraman, M. Gonzalez, Maccco, Huygens

Tottenham Hotspurs: Robinson - Atouba(Tarrico 70'), Naybet, Gardner, Stephen Kelly, Jackson(Edman 66'), Marney, Sean Davies, Davies, Robbie Keane, Kanoute(Defoe 61')

Cards: Sean Davis 1', Sean Davis 84'(sent off)

==========================================================================

That was a really exciting derby match Huygens really filled up Zigic boots with 2 great goals and I. Toraman played really well, hitting the post with a free kick and setting up Macco with his second goal and also macco hasn't played that good since 2005 in Div 2.

There is a guy i reccomended to you lot his name is J.R. Fernandez not Gonzalez.

nerf said:
Thanks for the suggestion PLF, I started a new ML today with De Graafschap and real players. So far I've won 1 and lost 3 - which is great! :D. Like you, I really want the game to be a challenge rather than just winning all the time.

I've set the leagues up so that League A (my chosen league) is a "Central European" league, with the best teams from France, Germany, Holland and others like Anderlecht, Sparta Prague and Kiev (not really central, but never mind). League B is La Liga, C Serie A and D Premiership.

Oh and I'm on 6* with all the rules I mentioned earlier, plus no regulating condition. Hopefully this should be fun.

To keep it extra interesting I'm trying out a new formation. I'm playing 5-3-2 with a sweeper, something I never do because I always play with a flat-four in defence. Just something to keep it fresh, you know? ;)

So far my strongest player seems to be a Ukranian OMF/CF called Valeev. I started off playing him in midfield making runs forward, while bringing an African striker called Zongo off the bench up front, but then in the last game I started Zongo and moved Valeev into attack playing just behind him, and they both scored as I got my first win. Zongo has white boots too, it's cool ;)

Enjoying it so far, I hope it stays this way!

No problem dude. Actually if you updated your game as much as me .... De Grafschap really strengthed their squad during January transfer window with some players of high quality that you wouldn't expect to see in Dutch league except in teams like Ajax/Feyenoord or PSV, I don't know how they signed them even if it is on loan.

They got Mahmadou Idrissou and Ricardo Souza who are both VERY good on loan. both from Hannover... so you should've had those in your team now but i doubt you did update ;) anyways... yeah its fun.

I also like making it challenging and did all things you did pretty much except i wanted the league i play in myself to be REALISTIC so i didn't do a mixed league but German Bundesliga.

So far however though after 8 matches.. i've won 6 drawn 1 and lost 1.

not exactly what i was hoping for :( but hopefully it'll get worse :D. I lost 1-0 to Schalke won all others and a 0-0 draw with Bayern. all this without buying anyone of course and in fact i won't buy ANY players in 1st season... because these teams really did strenghten their squads in January transfer window... so its kinda like i've already bought the 3 i was allowed to even though i didn't ;) but for season 2 i'll be allowed the usual 3 player buys.

having said that i will probably let go of a few players though if i can during mid-season transfer window.. either sell them or release as my squad is pretty large an odd player here or there will probably not even get ONE game this season. :)

Anyways i'm out for now.. i hope the game gets harder.... Julian De Guzman and Roman Wallner are currently my two star players and I have good depth all around which has kept certain players fighting for positions so there is no room for complacency.

It seems though that Wallner, De Guzman and Dame Diouf my CB plus my 21 year old keeper Haas have proven themselves as automatic 1st choice players and usually get the nod ahead of others when they're fit :)

take care.

I don't have Idrissou or Ricardo Souza. I like to keep my option file relatively up to date, but I just do the more well-known transfers and don't go in to too much detail with the less well known ones. That's why I missed De Graafschap's transfers. It's just a time issue really - I'd LOVE to have the most realistic file possible but I can't afford the time to do it.

In this case I'm glad I didn't! ;) Makes my squad worse than it might have been, so that should make it harder.

Maybe I should add those two players to my shortlist and see if I can buy them in future seasons ;)

i understand dude.. some people just don't have the time. I did thankfully :) and now my game is very up to date.... i've also had to create many players because they weren't in database.

anyways yeah you might want to buy them lol... although they're on loan anyways so they'll be going back to Hannover at end of season.

juventus11 told me Pozzi won't be coming back, his move was permanent which is why i moved them otherwise i would have kept him as well as Abate in Milan.

well ,, It's offical :D .. Ronaldinho got number 10 in Milan :) .. I got him for 42777 !!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy but true !!!

I sold Pozzi to Zaragoza and Abate ot Sampdoria !! but i will get them if they turend good players !! i got borre and send him to man city !!

thast my team now :

FW : Shevchenko, Torres, Gilardino, Tomasson
MF : Kaka, Ronaldinho, Gatusso, Pirlo, Rivera, Seedorf, Jankulovski, Maniche, Brocchi
DF : Chivu, Baresi, Nesta, Emerton, Kaladze, Stam, Coloccini, Cafu
GK : Dida, Abiatti

so what to do ,, Rivera and Baresi went so good .. :-s .. If i sold them they will kick my @$$ ,, so i guess i'll keep them :-s ?????

Back
Top Bottom