The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Hello peeps. I'll hopefully have a website up and running for my next ML, denirobob style, but no way as good and aesthetically pleasing as his ;) :mryellow: He's the daddy. But i'll try :freak:

Juventus11, i take it you're creating Fenerbahce? Why not Besiktas?

Milanista said:
BASTARDS!!!! Zidan comes on for Vonlanthen for his debut... first tackle and hes out for 18 games. I hate Dehu !!! HES A CAREER RUINER!!!

Talk about coincidence. In real life Zidan has been ruled out of action for up to eight weeks after tearing ankle and calf ligaments in a friendly game.
Zidan was injured as Bremen prepared for the restart of the Bundesliga season with a friendly game against Hamburger SV.

Chaos at the Caldeirão....

What seemed like the straight forward transfer of Leo Lima to Porto has actually turned into a major saga. With the Chairman José Carlos Rodrigues Pereira and the new manager currently at loggerheads over the aquisition of two new loan players, Cesar Peixoto and Raul Meireles in return as part of the deal with Porto.

leo.jpg

Leo pictured here in his inaugural Porto press conference

18632.jpg

Raul Meireles

17877.jpg

Cesar Peixoto

"It would appear that the President has basically gone behind my back with his Porto counterpart and arranged this "favour" as part of the Leo Lima deal. Unfortunately it leaves me in a bit of a sticky situation to say the least, with Raymon van Emmerik, Dejan Ognjanovic and Ricardo Esteves all fully expecting to don the famous red and green striped shirt within the next few weeks. The bottom line is that the club don't have the budget for 5 new recruits, hence the decision taken whilst I was discussing my contract and my 'dossier' that 3 new faces were sufficient."

Although midfielders Peixoto and Meireles are loan deals, Maritimo will be paying the player's wages and there is the possibility of a permanent transfer in the future.

Mr Simao continued, "Initially therefore, I am considering asking Raymon and Dejan's respective clubs, NAC Breda and Estoril, to postpone the moves until the mid season transfer window, when we can review our finances. I appreciate this is both unusual and unorthodox, but I don't really see another option open to me, as my hands have effectively been tied. What frustrates me most, is that more reinforcements in the midfield are unecessary, when there are other areas notably in defence that should take priority.

I wish to reiterate to both that they are still highly regarded and are considered part of my future plans for the team,I have spoken to the President and have told him in no uncertain terms that I won't tolerate this sort of thing going on without my knowledge."

Sport TV caught up with Ogjanovic who gave his reaction to waiting reporters...

"This is a very big shame for me because, I wanted the opportunity to show the people of Madeira what I can do. I will just keep my head down and carry on doing my best for Estoril, and trust that in time my hard work will pay off."

In the Netherlands, Voetbal International quoted Van Emmerik as saying, "I'm truely gutted, but what can I do ?, I had already started to look for property on the island, now I'm stick in limbo."

To add a further twist, it is reported in Mais Futebol, that Peixoto is in fact not happy with the move, feeling it will hamper his career prospects to take a step down from the Iberian first division.

http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/noticia.php?id=490274&div_id=1304

This story looks set to run and run...........

Meanwhile, Peruvian Abel Lobaton has given his first press conference, this time thankfully the deal was concluded before the arrival of the English coach.

6_229.jpg

dn011103.jpg

Last edited:
Good stuff Denirob and Proff. Ive started my Ml with Shaktar (sp)
Agahowa is injured for 33 weeks WHAT THE FU** is 33 weeks unbelieveble.

Nice bit of news there DB.

In my 1st game of the season in Div 1 i was playing against Liverpool, they had a player called Wilding, he is a 26 year old OMF who has really good stats and had the face of a japenese player and not only that lol :mrgreen: his nation was my teams flag instead of a country flag. Has these kind of player appeared in ML for you lot.

Also i have played 5 games so far and man am i struggling 5 games 1 win and 4 loses these good team are really putting me under pressure i am bottom of the league with 3 points. The good thing about Div 1 is all english teams are in there, so no scotish teams or we united in it.

Also when i got beaten 5-0 by Birmingham City lol :mrgreen: i noticed they had deigo in their squad, they looked like a really strong team who were SECOND BOTTOM WITH ME :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good? I am doing terrible but i put my squad down later.

See you lot later.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Hello peeps. I'll hopefully have a website up and running for my next ML, denirobob style, but no way as good and aesthetically pleasing as his ;) :mryellow: He's the daddy. But i'll try :freak:

Juventus11, i take it you're creating Fenerbahce? Why not Besiktas?

man thats great :) i saw denirobob site just now and its a cool site :)
maby its an idea to create 1 site for these things where you can read from all of us ? like the cm storys i love that :)

Antiz said:
man thats great :) i saw denirobob site just now and its a cool site :)

yeah, mine's no way as good as his :mrgreen:

I ought to post some goals really. Suazo managed a lovely bicycle kick the other night. In off the post too. Man, was the Honduran chuffed! He celebrated with a little jig.

I just started my third season as Parma. I have to get used to not being the underdog anymore though. :mrgreen:

Carter has started the season on fire. Even keeping Gilardino out of the team. Five goals in three games for him.

Barry, Fabregas and Vomme are also coming along well.

yeah I like Antiz' idea where a website with all of our stories... so people can click on and read about Prof's Caghliari, Gazz's Parma or DB's Martimo for example.. that'd be better but i dunno... since we can't all work on a website by ourselves and people might not want to share their webspace or whatever...

anyways good stuff and yes Juventus11 I dont play on 6*.. I used to but i find on 5* I score less and concede more hence making game harder so i try that now.

gerd said:
And me...

I'm playing on *****

DB, perhaps a stupid question,that link with the "Portugese site"... is that your site????
If so: superb...

jeez, im a puny and inadequate 4* :(

Hi mate, nope that's an online footy/sports site, my current site is still undergoing development. I'm currently in the delicate process of getting a well known journalist to write a regular column for it..... more details to come very soon hopefully.

Db

Thanks prof...
If read your PM well you said that one can't buy created players in ML...
I've been thinking about that, i think you are wrong.
Uptil now i created one player (a fictionary to try it) and when i was finished i got a message from the CPU along the lines of: "if you want to buy this player for ML, he wil cost....".
I never bought him however.

Hang on, that's different. You iare able to buy a created player (always have been) in a ML. What i said was that you can't, as far as i know, transfer a created player into a squad before starting an ML (so that he is in their squad). Hence, i edit a player in the game already, if you see what i mean ;)

1168746.jpg

BALAGUE NA BOLA - Spanish journalist agrees six figure sum deal

The popular journalist Guillem Balague has signed a two year deal worth in the region of 500,000 euros with The Iberian League, to write a regular column on the various characters, stories and various ins and outs in the peninsula’s first season long competition. In Portugal, running under the title "Balague Na Bola", the chunky, chirpy, hairy chinned journalist dubbed "El Erizo" (The Hedgehog) by colleagues, will feature in various sports papers as well as on the official website of every competing club.

As a native of Barcelona, Guillem took a rather unusual step in rejecting the pride of Catalonia, opting instead for the less glamorous Espanyol, a choice made after seeing his side thrash their local rivals 5-1 in a friendly over 20 years ago. He himself puts this early decision to reject the glitz and glamour for something more homely and comforting as the reason behind his success. "I think I am able to put myself in the shoes of the average fan" he says. "If I followed one of the big boys, then maybe I would lose the ability to connect with the majority of supporters whose teams don't win titles and don't get to experience the high life. Mediocrity has a certain charm to it I think".

"The Iberian League is the first time that these two great footballing nations have come together in a regular league format. Obviously there are the famous names like Real Madrid, Valencia, Benfica and Porto who will likely be challenging for honours, but I will also be concentrating on the less fashionable sides and the second division to see which clubs can force there way into the promotion places."

And who does Guillem think will be in the hunt for a place in the top division next season ?

"Well, I think both Malaga and Mallorca have the strongest squads, and newcomers Levante can't be underestimated. Maritimo, as the only non Spanish team may struggle, however it is clear that their new coach wants to boost the profile of the club and change their traditional role of poor travelers. I'd like to see them do well, and who knows, maybe next year they will be facing the mighty Canaries!"

PLF can you read my message above and tell me if you know of a player called Wilding

lol... no i dont know any Wilding and his nationality was your club's badge lol..... hahhaaa

and Juventus11, i dunno but on 6* as has been mentioned before... the CPU is too ATTACKING minded even though they're not much better on 5* either... so they attack in numbers and leave acres of space in their defence which you can easily exploit if you play a good counter game which we all do.... so i just found i was thrashing teams 4-0 3-0 more on 6* than 5*.. not to mention i was also conceding about HALF as much as i am now on 5* so I dunno.... it just works that way.

even though, after you switch from 6* to 5* you do REALIZE your players' speed are now more than they were on 6* and you can better dribble and compete with cpu players on an individual basis on 5* but somehow this doesnt make it easier to score ;) cuz i score less and concede more and at the same time dont get frustrated at having a SUPER slow CB at times look like he's same speed as my 90top speed forward.

Prof,

I misunderstood you...sorry.
Anyway Wolfsburg have won the Bundesliga. It was a bit of an anti-climax. With three matches to go Wolfsburg and Bayern had the same amount of points but Bayern had a much better goal average. Wolfsburg won his three last games (3-0 against Hertha, 1-5 against Hannover and 2-3 against Leverkusen). Bayern won against Bielefeld and Dortmund, but their last match they draw 1-1 against Bochum. Somehow i knew that this was going to happen. It'the third time i play a ML where several teams can be champion and i always win it...It should have been more fun if it would have been the first time...Anyway let's stop moaning. I still enjoy this ML immensely. Now i need to buy some young players because Wolfsburg has quite a few old players. On top of that, Petrov was blessed in the first friendly. He's out for 34 weeks!!!! He was one of my most important players. I have done a bid on Farfan from PSV.

34 weeks! wow.

The other night, i had three 0-0 draws in a row :shock: All were away ties in three different competitions.

Brescia 0-0 Cagliari (Coppa Italia QF 1st leg)
Inter Milan 0-0 Cagliari (Serie A)
Chelsea 0-0 Cagliari (WEFA CL QF 1st leg)

One good point from this is that my defensive tactics are working. :applause: Although now, i'm going to have to beat both Brescia and Chelsea at home to advance :roll:

Sounds good there proff,Im still on my first season Shaktar and in the first transfer window I bought a play called Vassel from Aston Villa i stand 3rd place with Parma in first.

hehhe... Juventus11 you don't know Vassel?? ;) He's even played for England like 20 times at least i think.

Anyways guys i had started a "TACTICAL" discussion in PESFAN.com forums and hoping for it to take off and all tactical experts to come and clear anything anybody still doesn't understand like BACKWARD arrows or what Covering or defence HIGH or Normal exactly do.. or how to get your SBs to not venture forward.. and i'm happy to say it is now by far the best thread in pesfan.com forums :D

Just thought since i consider all of you here in "PES4 ML Thread" my friends... you might have a go and read a bit of it... especially the stuff on 3rd page by Capi and myself and Blazing SAddler... there's some great stuff and tactics when you fully understand it and use it (like off-side trap) can VERY MUCH improve your game.

http://www.pesfan.com/bulletin/showthread.php?t=57274&page=4

Anyways after you read this.... don't reply about it here because i dont want this thread to turn into a TACTICAL discussion... but i just wanted to pm the link to Prof but then i thought maybe Gerd, Juventus and DB be intrested as well so i'll just post it here.

there is a lot of GOOD PES4 tactical discussion in depth there... not just about what formation to use but how to get best out of your players by proper arrows... positioning and strategies, there is a lot more to it than you think you know :D

I'm out for now..
take care

Back
Top Bottom