The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Yeah its a good idea but its hardwork if its to be anything nice :) and everyone here has got other commitments whether its gf, school, college or work.

But yeah and maybe each one of us could post our stories/pics/vids in one section of the site so you go on that website and you can click to read Professor's stories... or Codenames or DB or PLF's but actually.. no... then there'd be no point in this thread that has gone 25 pages... i dunno

and Prof thats pretty stupid lol.. that injuries dont carry over. Hahaha so your player can get injured for 25 weeks on last week of season and suddenly one week later he's fine hahhaaa. didn't know that.

I noticed something odd last night in my ML.

I bought the defender Natali a season or two ago from Udinese i think. Last night i faced them in the league, and who was in their back 4? Natali!! "What da..." i said.
So i went to have a look at their squad in the negotiations menu (view by team). When i viewed his stats, he had a little Cagliari flag next to his squad number (while the rest of the squad naturally had Udinese flags)....There's only one of him in the game.

...very odd indeed.

I played the last two games of the season last night and won the first one 2 - 0 then the last game of the season against Man City, also it's Pahars last game for the club, I go 1 - 0 down thanks to a Robbie Fowler chip. Then, in stoppage time in the second half Pahars ghosts into the penalty area and get's hacked by Distin, penalty.

Pahars with possibly his last kick for Southampton steps up and SHANKS the ball into row Z.

Properly weak.

Fucking game it should have been.

Still, you've got to love it.

Professor Nutmeg said:
I noticed something odd last night in my ML.

Another oddity that comes back are the replacements of the CPU-team.Quite often player A is substituted by player B and a couple of minutes later player B is replaced by player C...without any apparent tactical reasons.

Most people over here complain that the ML is too easy...I don't understand that. People who read my post know that i consider myself a mediocre player at best but thatis not the only reason why i don't think that the ML is too easy.

In my first season with Wolfsburg i'm doing extremely well. After 27 games i have 72 points (out of a possible 81). One could think that i'm top of the table with a huge gap with the the second...Actually i'm second after Bayern Munich who have 72 points aswell (but with better goal average and more victories). The last three matches will be all important but i have to hope that they loose points because their goal is much better than mine (a difference of 12).

In the other ML i'm currently playing with Real Sociedad the season is halfway. I'm second 13 points behind Real Madrid who only lost one point (a draw against Sociedad in a match without bomb alert).

Is it me or is the game really too easy????

I haven't had the odd subs happen to me yet in a ML.

What i like to do when i find the ML a bit easy, is give it a break, and play exhibition matches. I'll often choose weaker teams (both International and Club) and perhaps ones i am less familiar with. This appears to reset the balance for me. The main reason is that i am less familiar with the players (in-game) and their abilities. This therefore makes the gameplay fresher and fun. It feels a bit like when you start a brand new Master League. The thing is with ML, once you're in your 2nd or 3rd season, you can be so familiar with your formation, tactics and players' abilities, that you could almost end up playing with your eyes shut. Although, making an effort to change your formation in certain matches can help alleviate the familiarity (eg last night i played 4-1-4-1 in Europe, away to Liverpool. Prior to that i played 4-3-3 in Europe, home to Arsenal).

This month though, because of the transfer window, i've been playing lots of exhibition matches and it feels good. Have a go! Pick two random teams, like Freiburg vs Vitesse or Morocco vs Portugal, don't fiddle with the formations and just play. It's normally quite refreshing.

Prof i do that often...it is my aim at least once with all teams and against all teams (correction: club teams).e
Furthermore i rarely play more than 3 or 4 seasons.
I have "big plans" for the near future. I will create a couple of Belgian clubs (Standard, Genk) and start a ML as Brussels (i.e. Espinas and co). I will play in a league with Belgian, Dutch, German and French teams. Furthermore i will play like football was before my compatriot Jean-Marc Bosman went to the European Court (and he had every right to do so). I will play with only three foreign players. The rest will be Belgian players and i won't transfer the likes of Kompany. If that isn't a big challenge.

I too rarely play more than 3 seasons. The exception was my Hertha Berlin ML in PES3 (5 seasons), as i really enjoyed that one. This is my 3rd and final season with Cagliari, as i'll be starting a new one in February.

It appears though, that PES4 starts to go a bit mental after the 2nd season. You really begin to notice the respawned players with their high stats.

PS Db, you might want to empty your PM box. I tried to PM you but it's full. ;)

Last edited:
Heh, you signed Zidan right after he arrived on loan. Did he play a game for Bremen? :mrgreen:

I signed him in PES3 to my Hertha Berlin squad. He was created of course, but he did very well.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Heh, you signed Zidan right after he arrived on loan. Did he play a game for Bremen? :mrgreen:

I signed him in PES3 to my Hertha Berlin squad. He was created of course, but he did very well.

BASTARDS!!!! Zidan comes on for Vonlanthen for his debut... first tackle and hes out for 18 games. I hate Dehu !!! HES A CAREER RUINER!!!

Lol@Milanista.

Vonlathen is promising player himself ;)

ANyways I totally agree with what Prof said a few posts up about us getting to know our players TOO WELL by 3rd or 4th season and hence why it gets boring.

I would also like to have a LONG-TERM ML game where i turn a totally crap club lets say like Nurnberg and over 5-6 seasons turn them into a top team and a WEFA spot meaning i improve little by little every year.... but i've yet to do this because i've never gone past 3 seasons (Sochaux) without getting bored and wanting a new challenge.

and the reason for it i find is exactly what he says.... why do i like starting a new ML? because i love the part where you just start it and you're not familiar with their players.... their best strikers their pacey defenders and basically EVALUATING the SQUAD.. thats my fav part in this game ... lol.. starting with a team i have almost no knowledge about and finding out about their players' strengths and weaknesses and setting up appropriate formation with regard to team's strength.

so if you find you have no good SBs in the team.. but 4-5 good CBs and lots of good midfielders why play 4-4-2 where you have to sit some of those good midfielders on the bench but use crap SBs whom you have no BACKup for by the way.

Anyways.... i'm hoping by setting RULES... like 3 transfers max per season and other things discussed before in this thread.... i will FINALLY have a long-term ML game with a really crap team where i dont get nowhere near WEFA spots in 1st or 2nd season because thats what kills the game... i mean i challenged for title... with Sochaux in 1st season.... so second season there wasn't that much to do except win WEFA perhaps... but i want to step up the team gradually but yeah its too easy.

Also about the ODD substitute.. i've had it a few times.. but its not that often and i dont really care... it doesn't take away that much for me thankfully. :)

Limiting yourself to 3 transfers means you earn more. Eventually your 3 transfers per season will be high profile because you will be so tempted to buy big players.

Yeah but i never bought high-profile players and won't do unless team is in WEFA and its a team like Newcastle and even then i dont buy Sheva or Kaka... i buy players like Tiago not Robben or Duff.

In my Sochaux game my bank was FULL of money after 3 seasons yet my highest profile buy was Carlito Tevez and thats because i was French champions and in finals of WEFA champions league the previous year.... it wouldn't be out of this world if Tevez joined Marseille a couple months ago would it?? or Monaco.. so Sochaux after becoming a huge club was a possibility too.

but my other buys were proven French league players like Squillaci... or some players from Istres/Toulouse who were relegated.. so no i set rules and i dont get tempted by money i have... i had like 50k at one point.. and could've gotten ANY player.. Ronaldo... Kaka.. because i was also very high on rankings.. but yet i didn't but still got bored with the game and quit :(

The Website is almost complete,
My Ml is now doing great the release date will be Febuary1

Do you mean zinedine zidane?? zindane has left france, he's yo old! lol!
Need some help with puma logo

Yeah I created Mohamed Zidan a couple days ago as well and put him in Werder but haven't played
with them yet ;)

1860 London
News

ian_wright3.gif

Ian Wright (above) has been appointed manger of 1860 London after Mr. Codename been sacked for getting caught physical abusing two white men, he said "those two men needed to get taught a lesson for messing with a black man" This afternoon Ian Wright sighned a 2 year deal with the club, he said " I want 1860 London promoted to the priemiership". The Chairman, Evo Webster (above) said "I am happy Ian Wright is managing my club, i hope he does good things here" His first game in charge will be against Southamton.

First Half of 2005 season

League

Southamton 1- 2 1860 London
1860 London 1 - 4 Rangers
1860 London 2 - 2 Middlesbrough
Bolton Wanderers 1 - 2 1860 London
1860 London 5 - 0 Norwich City
Celtic 2 - 1 1860 London
1860 London 3 - 2 Crystal Palace

Cup

1st Leg: Celtic 0 - 2 1860 London
2nd Leg: 1860 London 1 - 1 Celtic

Negoation Period

In

Name: Zigic
Postion:CF
Cost: 4275 - ££ Roecord Sighning ££
Salary: 550
Contract: 3 years
Former Club: Red Star Belgrade

Out

None

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can guess it is me codename528333 i got banned for no damn reason. So i sent an e-mail to evo-web team for why i got banned they never replyed i checked my old post for the things i might of said in other post and i saw nothing offensive, degrading or abusing. But if i have can someone please inform me and tell me. I like to say hello to everyone who post at this thread and jeventus 11 are will still making a website please let me know. PLF does Sosa the uryguian int'l play for atlectico madrid?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still making it, its doing exellent just the realise that ive made the decision for FEB 1

ANd i dont think you should of told them you are Okocha 10 lol whatever

juventus11 said:
I am still making it, its doing exellent just the realise that ive made the decision for FEB 1

ANd i dont think you should of told them you are Okocha 10 lol whatever

Ah it doesn't matter i don't need to hide or lie because i know i never done anything wrong so i don't deserve to be banned. If told me what i done wrong i will understand but it's all good i never came to this forum to cause trouble.

So how is your ML going on have you quit again or are you thinking of what team you want to be. :)

Good to see you back Okocha!

Yes Marcelo Sosa the Uruguayan DMF plays for Atletico Madrid and he has a big mouth.. talking big before the match with REal Madrid and how he and Torres were goin to score and Atletico would win 2-0. He also took a shot at Figo and Beckham saying they're crap.

As we all know match ended 3-0 in favour of Real and Marcelo Sosa and Torres were disappointing ;) but a good match and very even despite what the scoreline might suggest.

take care...

Back
Top Bottom