The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Db, did you start with Cellini and Co, or did you create Maritimo, and transfer in some players first?
How are you finding it too, and have you set yourself any rules when it comes to buying selling spending etc?

Cheers.

PS i have some goals from my CL qualifying game against FC Porto, including a stunning header from Rossetti. The boy went on to get a hat-trick.

Prof... If you're going to start... with Sochaux let me know... there's some data stuff about the team you need to fix before starting the game like a few positions... height/weight if i'm not wrong and you also need to edit a player to "Ilan" a 24-year old Brazillian.

I edited him over a Cruizero player but its up to you.
Also make sure you edit Zairi to a WINGEr... hes a SMF and WF but in game hes a CF and was my fav one ;) :( but then i found out i've been playin him in wrong UNREALISTIC ;) position because of this stupid game.

Also Sinamary's name is wrong... its SIGAMARY Diarra.

plus you missed the biggest Sochaux superstar of all...
Jeremy Mathieu! My fav player in Sochaux by far..... the guy just owns and is only 20 when you start with great stats and a good left foot already.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Db, did you start with Cellini and Co, or did you create Maritimo, and transfer in some players first?
How are you finding it too, and have you set yourself any rules when it comes to buying selling spending etc?

Cheers.

PS i have some goals from my CL qualifying game against FC Porto, including a stunning header from Rossetti. The boy went on to get a hat-trick.

Hi Proff,

look forward to seeing the vid.

Actually I haven't officially started as such yet as i'm trying to update my OF with the January moves.

I'm using the 3rd option where you start with the default chaps but can swop 3 of them for 3 other players (Van Emmerik, Ognjanivic and Teixiera) I've spent a while comparing the ages/positions/physical attributes of Castello and co with the actual Maritimo players, to finalise the team. Still not 100% sure which 3 i'll ditch yet, although Kelsen (aka Nelson the veteran goalkeeper) is def going.

Perhaps it would of been better to have picked a real-life starting squad, but I really wanted to play with the Spanish teams and needed 4 more clubs to make a full Division 1 & 2. That's when the idea for an Iberian League came about. Stick the 3 portuguese giants in and voila thats 23. As you know I was originally going to be Boavista but Maritimo are a lot more personal to me and as I'm complimenting this with an Official website (hopefully not too far off!) it seemed more appropriate.

As for rules, well clearly financially the club is not one of the big players, although there is a pretty large stable catchment area of support.

Therefore I'm looking at the budget to mid range end - depending on success etc... Hopefully the 3 players I've picked out already are relatively unknown - and only have a couple of yellow stats between them which is just dandy.

Finally there has to be an emphasis on Portuguese/Spanish speaking players (Teixiera) and those from other countries currently plying their trade in the Superliga (Ognjanivic), or like in the case of Van Emmerik (3rd choice stopper at NEC) they have to be playing at a lower level and Maritimo would be a step up.

Db

Don't worry PLF, i'm up on my European football, and i like to catch the African Nations Cup, so i know all about the likes of Zairi and Y. Hadji etc. In fact i can tell you about a lot of wrong info in PES4 (heights, positions, skin colours etc) but that could get boring :mrgreen: Mathieu has been in good form, but in PES4 his default stats aren't as good, so to speak, as the Zairi's and Oruma's. Hence why i didn't mention him. ;)

good good Db, so do you limit stats, ie no more than x amount of yellow stats? I for example never have red nor orange stats, (unless of course they develop them now) or if it's a keepers balance or teamwork or something.

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg said:
Don't worry PLF, i'm up on my European football, and i like to catch the African Nations Cup, so i know all about the likes of Zairi and Y. Hadji etc. In fact i can tell you about a lot of wrong info in PES4 (heights, positions, skin colours etc) but that could get boring :mrgreen: Mathieu has been in good form, but in PES4 his default stats aren't as good, so to speak, as the Zairi's and Oruma's. Hence why i didn't mention him. ;)

good good Db, so do you limit stats, ie no more than x amount of yellow stats? I for example never have red nor orange stats, (unless of course they develop them now) or if it's a keepers balance or teamwork or something.

I haven't exactly set a limit but I reckon say 6-7 would probably be ok. What do you think ? It depends on which attributes they affect too really doesn't it. In my Stuttgart ML i think Robbie Savage had no yellows but had 1 orange for Stamina which is fine imo - it also encourages you to try to buy players that have a skill/strength where the team is deficient.

Much better to have a winger say who is unheard of but perhaps has (potentially) a couple of high stats for crossing, than buying in a Zenden or someone similar with loads of other high stats like shooting etc.... I know I'm preching to the converted on that one though mate :) It means you have to really think your style of play and tactics to get the most out of the team as a collective unit.

Db

denirobob said:
I haven't exactly set a limit but I reckon say 6-7 would probably be ok. What do you think ? It depends on which attributes they affect too really doesn't it. - it also encourages you to try to buy players that have a skill/strength where the team is deficient.

Much better to have a winger say who is unheard of but perhaps has (potentially) a couple of high stats for crossing, than buying in a Zenden or someone similar with loads of other high stats like shooting etc.... I know I'm preching to the converted on that one though mate :) It means you have to really think your style of play and tactics to get the most out of the team as a collective unit.

Db

I agree. I remember my Hertha side in PES3, my midfield included the likes of Croatian Midfielder, Rosso, who was playing in Israel at the time. He was a good passer and that was about it. But that's what i wanted. I also had Mohamed Gouda from Egypt. I think he had one or two stats in the 70s, one being acceleration i think, so he brought a spark to the midfield, normally from the bench or in cup matches. And who could forget Wichniarek and the bald veteran, Reina, upfront. Hertha was one of my fav MLs of all time. 5 glorious years
at the Olympiastadion.
At the mo, i'm into 4-3-3 with wingers. I have done as you mentioned and gone for more unknown widemen, like the Ivorian, Arouna Koné from Roda, and Maurizio Ciaramitaro from AC Cesena. I also held on to the Cagliari talent too, like David Suazo and Mauro Esposito. All 4 are different. Koné for example has bags of pace, but his low balance stat can see him get knocked around by defenders and thus lose possesion. So i try to use him in the right kind of game/position. Ciaramitaro is a confident hard worker, he appears to give 110% everytime i call upon him.

Professor Nutmeg said:
I agree. I remember my Hertha side in PES3, my midfield included the likes of Croatian Midfielder, Rosso, who was playing in Israel at the time. He was a good passer and that was about it. But that's what i wanted. I also had Mohamed Gouda from Egypt. I think he had one or two stats in the 70s, one being acceleration i think, so he brought a spark to the midfield, normally from the bench or in cup matches. And who could forget Wichniarek and the bald veteran, Reina, upfront. Hertha was one of my fav MLs of all time. 5 glorious years
at the Olympiastadion.
At the mo, i'm into 4-3-3 with wingers. I have done as you mentioned and gone for more unknown widemen, like the Ivorian, Arouna Koné from Roda, and Maurizio Ciaramitaro from AC Cesena. I also held on to the Cagliari talent too, like David Suazo and Mauro Esposito. All 4 are different. Koné for example has bags of pace, but his low balance stat can see him get knocked around by defenders and thus lose possesion. So i try to use him in the right kind of game/position. Ciaramitaro is a confident hard worker, he appears to give 110% everytime i call upon him.

good stuff Proff.

it's important to have a range of players in the squad to isn't it, each bringing their own special something to the mix.

I think what you said at the end there about "right kind of game/position" is a great point. Depending on how the opposition lines up could mean starting with a waif like wing wizard against an inexperienced/slow full back or a more dependable "side" midfielder to nullify the oppositions marauding wing back.

reminds me of the boro leicester league cup final a few yrs back when Kaamark man marked juninho out of the game. classic tactics by o'neill who was willing to sacrifice a player to effectively make it 10 v 10.

class.

Db

Actually this has got me thinking about a post I read some years ago, probably in relation to PES1!

Basically this fella, with the aid of diagrams described how before each ML game he analysed the oppositions players height/weight etc... (e.g their CB's /FB's) and then decided which of his strikers to play.

One example he gave illustrated how he brought in a less experienced reserve striker but who was tall and good in the air and put him up against the AI's best and tallest CB. Although this reserve striker wasn't much good with the ball, he was able to distract and contain the "high ability" CB so that his better forward had more time and space and only the "lower ability" defender to deal with.

I have actually used something similar (although more obvious) like that in the past although mostly from a defensive point of view, where I have man marked or at the very least ensured my biggest/strongest CB is up against their biggest striker.

I think it was Spain, under previous coach Saez, who had developed away of playing in certain games where in the first half/60 min, he'd utilise Baraja & Albelda in midfield to close down and effectively tire out the opposition's midfield, and then bring on Valeron or another more creative player later to use his skills more effectively than if they'd started the game.

Does Ciaramitaro have a high stamina stat ?

cheers

Db

pffft... DB I'm glad you said that. I do that all the time dont you guys?? I thought all of us ML fanatics do that.

Before every game.. i check out the opposing teams players and height/heading/jumping of their strikers and CBs especially and arrange my starting line up and positions accordingly.

like when playing with Aston Villa.. I'd usually use Angel and Vassel in 1st season and although Angel is pretty good header of ball and 184cm he doesn't stand out so when i ran into a team that was playing a CB with 176cm... i'd bring on C. Cole and put him against that defender while putting Vassel against the usually veteran CB with low speed like Alan Stubbs.

I also check their striker of course... i mean when I was Inter... I usually play with Cordoba as my 1st choice CB but i faced Juve one day and they were playing Trez and Zlatan up front and although Cordoba has great jumping he stood no chance against the giants so I ejected him from starting line up that day and put in Materazzi who did well....

also i'd look at opposing team formation and lets say with same Inter team... i'd usually play Ze Maria as RB but when i was against a team that played 4-3-3 with wingers like Prof likes playing now.... and tall forwards... i put Materazzi in and Cordoba as my RB with back outward arrow to avoid him going forward too much and let free of the opposing teams' left winger.

but anyways... i thought this is mostly common sense and most of you do this.

p.s. Prof I didn't know you're that familiar to those leagues ? ;) I thought i had the biggest football knowledge of my age ;) but i guess you're pretty worthy challenger.

anyways i would have appreciated it if you could've told me those DATA Mistakes before I had started with Sochaux :(

I'm also like Deniro Bob by the way... I want to start new ML but i'm waiting for some major transfers in January to happen before starting which is a bitch because there is 25 days of transfer window left :( lol.

p.s. Prof just wonder, have you created a lot of players to have your game as updated as possible like the ones that were missing. I think i completed Premiership last night. Man City and Tottenham each had like 4. Bradley Wright phillips and Stephen Jordan and co. Have you done them all?

also where are your goals man... i want to see more ;) your camera is sick? what is it? lol

denirobob said:
Does Ciaramitaro have a high stamina stat ?

cheers

Db

Yeah, 82. And other useful stats which make him a quick thinker and team player. A very poor man's Ljungberg perhaps :mrgreen: Response 78, Technique 72, Aggression 74, Not bad at shooting too. Most stats are high 60s to 70s with a few 80s.

PLF said:
Prof I didn't know you're that familiar to those leagues ? I thought i had the biggest football knowledge of my age but i guess you're pretty worthy challenger.

That's because you've only been here since August ;) I consider myself well travelled ;) Despite being from Canada, you seem to pay attention though. Btw, how old are you out of curiosity? ;)

PLF said:
anyways i would have appreciated it if you could've told me those DATA Mistakes before I had started with Sochaux

Don't worry, I was referring to PES4 in general. For example, Yves Ma Kalambay (Chelsea keeper) was originally caucasian (white) and only 180cm in my OF. He should be black and 197cm. He's a giant teenager i tells ya!

PLF said:
Prof just wonder, have you created a lot of players to have your game as updated as possible like the ones that were missing. I think i completed Premiership last night. Man City and Tottenham each had like 4. Bradley Wright phillips and Stephen Jordan and co. Have you done them all?

To be honest no. I don't have the time really, but it's something i would consider doing if i felt it completely neccessary.

PFL said:
also where are your goals man... i want to see more your camera is sick? what is it? lol

They'll be along soon, but don't forget my bandwidth goes just like that with a few views/DLs :( My camera is a Casio Exilim S100, the smallest camera in the world with an optical zoom or something like that.

Last edited:
Anyone here think Dyer in the game is over rated cause im planning to get him.

Professor Nutmeg said:
That's because you've only been here since August ;) I consider myself well travelled ;) Despite being from Canada, you seem to pay attention though. Btw, how old are you out of curiosity? ;)

Yeah I have been here only since August ;) but i've been STUDYING/WATCHING/playing soccer since i can remember lol.
I turned 18 on new year :D and i'm not Canadian... just like 50% of populatoin i'm another immigrant... one from Iran where everyone LIVES for Football and used to follow Serie A and Premiership and other leagues from there.

Don't worry, I was referring to PES4 in general. For example, Yves Ma Kalambay (Chelsea keeper) was originally caucasian (white) and only 180cm in my OF. He should be black and 197cm. He's a giant teenager i tells ya!

Great.... this is exactly type of thing i'd like to know... i tried making this thread on PESfan forums to get people and me to put all the major mistakes like this in the thread so i can fix it but we're only aware of a few. I'm always updating my game everyday... appearances... data mistakes :D thats why i can't let go of PES4 easily now when J-league or something comes along. :)

To be honest no. I don't have the time really, but it's something i would consider doing if i felt it completely neccessary.

Oh... I thought you must be like me and DEFINTELY do that stuff when you have time. I mean i dont go crazy over RESERVe players... but i defintely create (edit over someone with correct age and close enough stats) youngsters who we'll see play this season a lot more because they've broken into first team squad.

I mean I would hate watching Tottenham vs. Man Utd or Fulham vs. Southampton and go see no Ziegler or Rehman.. or Bradley Wright Philliips :D

I encourage you to do it for sake of realism too Prof... it doesn't take long since we dont do stats anymore... but you just take a 19 year old from PES/WE united or Cruizero lets say and change his naitonality and make him black.. and make him 170cm and name him Bradley Wright Phillips.

of course you choose one with low stats... but i'm just sayin... over this week i've done like 20 players in prem and teams are now much closer to what they are in real life because like in real life due to injuries or whatever.... lots of youngsters have broken into first team.

Especially Man CIty... game came with no Stephen Jordan, BWP, Nedum Onuoha, Willo Flood and others.

They'll be along soon, but don't forget my bandwidth goes just like that with a few views/DLs :( My camera is a Casio Exilim S100, the smallest camera in the world with an optical zoom or something like that.

Nice, How much did they cost?
and finally how old are you?
. :)

One big quote there.
Rehman's in Fulham already methinks, but i know what you mean. Rosenoir appears to be breaking into the Fulham side a bit now too.
I thought you might be Iranian, i noticed the Ali Karimi link. Good player.
My camera was a shade over £200
I'm 30, so not really in the same age bracket as you ;) But you're only as young as the girl you feel. So that would be 25. :mrgreen:

yeah one big quote.

there's loads of them... Resonoir is just one... Ziegler.. Willo Flood and many others.

Rehman was there you're right.. dont worry man i dont care about AGE.. of users here... i dont judge :D

What do you mean you THOUGHT i could be Iranian ;).. you didn't see my name from Day 1.
"PERSIAN" Luis Figo.

Persian = Coming from land of Persia
Iran = Modern day Persia

so people use both... I'm Persian or I'm Iranian but it means same thing.

p.s. In case you're wondering why we're not brown like our neighbours like Pakistanis or Afghans... or why we're not ARABS either like IRaq... SAudia and stuff is because we're INDO-Europeans.

Persians are unique :D. We were originally from Europe but immigrated to middle east and after many years of fighting with greeks... we've got a little mixed with them. (Damn Alexander Da Great) lol.

Anyways there's just a little history lesson i wanted to give because i get really pissed when your AVERAGe dude.. thinks Iranians are Arabs.

Only reason some people in Iran have names like Muhammed or Ali is because of RELIGIOUS reasons not race... you have black muslims or could even have an english person who names their kid Mohammed or Ali but it doesn't mean they're arab.

latez... for now and I swear Karimi could play in premiership right now... he's at his peak and if the unambitios mofo doesn't move now... i know he'll just get worse because right now he's at his peak and will be dropping stats shortly :D

p.s. I have a T. Davis in Fulham in my option file with pretty descent stats (A 20 year old CM) do you know who he is Prof? There is no Davis in Fulham... i dunno this guy. Just wondering if he's there by mistake in my option file or if everyone had him from begining.

Don't worry i know exactly what/where Persia was/is. I did my Classics at school :mrgreen: Plus i have an Iranian friend, so i know about the "don't call them arabs" thing. And to add to that, i was born in the Middle East. As i said, i am well travelled ;)
T. Davis...not sure. They sold Sean Davis to Tottenham, but that won't be him.

;) Glad we on the same page man. Lol about your Persian friend ;) hahha.. yeah we're all like that... its because we think we're the best lookin/and overall best in Asia so we say We aint arabs... we aint pakis.. we PERSIANSSSSSSSSSSSs.. IRAN IRAN in 100,000 stadium hahaha.. anyways i'm getting too patriotic again... its bad.. its like i'm a walking advertising for my country.

Thats what i was sayin... Sean Davis is in Tottenham.. so i have no idea who this T. Davis is and I know EVeryone lol. Maybe its the option file maker hahhaa..
anyways when you go to your ps2... check for me if he's there in your fulham as well?

take care buddy.

p.s. Where were you born?? whats your ethnicity?

hey about the growth players, can you give them playing stars aswell as improving stats?

So i recently updated Toulouse FC's kits to their current Lotto strips. (changed a few months into the current season)
nouveaumaillot_1.jpg

vnouveaumaillot.jpg

Rumours are abound that i may be heading to the Stade Municipal in February, much to the disappointment of Cagliari fans. This would mean i would once again be teamed up with old friends, Stéphane Dalmat and Daniel Moreira. Achille Emana looks to be an exciting prospect too.
toulouse_municipal2.jpg

PS. I hope to post my Cagliari v FC Porto goals/report this evening

Professor Nutmeg said:
Yeah, 82. And other useful stats which make him a quick thinker and team player. A very poor man's Ljungberg perhaps :mrgreen: Response 78, Technique 72, Aggression 74, Not bad at shooting too. Most stats are high 60s to 70s with a few 80s.

Still haven't gotten the best out of him yet, he makes a good cover for Oddo through.

When the transfer window opens I need a couple of players one fullback/Midfielder i'm thinking of loaning in Candela and a rightback because Ismael and Rafael are just not upto the job.

Do people loan in players a lot? What say you?
What bothered me in PES3 about it, was that if you then decided to buy the loaned player, say during the off-season, his teamwork stat started out low again. Thankfully, the teamwork stat thing doesn't work like now in PES4. I also found it quite expensive really, (perhaps because i bought cheap players) but i haven't tried it in PES4 yet.
I wish i got more injuries too, so my squad would be down to nothing. I would appreciate my star striker/midfielder/Defender/Goalkeeper getting a red star once in a while. Perhaps i should buy more injury prone players. :mrgreen:

Another thing. I haven't checked, as i have only started one ML so far. Can you reduce the amount of points you start with? When i began with Cagliari in Div 1, i had 8000 points. Does it vary per club/division? Can anyone else remember what they started with?

Cheers. ;)

PLF said:
p.s. I have a T. Davis in Fulham in my option file with pretty descent stats (A 20 year old CM) do you know who he is Prof? There is no Davis in Fulham... i dunno this guy. Just wondering if he's there by mistake in my option file or if everyone had him from begining.

Yeh Tom Davis, he's in my Fulham Master league team. I've searched and searched the web for him but he's no where to be seen and he's not in the real Fulham squad. But none the less he's coming along nicely, I'm aiming to develope him into the Lampard mould.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Do people loan in players a lot? What say you?
What bothered me in PES3 about it, was that if you then decided to buy the loaned player, say during the off-season, his teamwork stat started out low again. Thankfully, the teamwork stat thing doesn't work like now in PES4. I also found it quite expensive really, (perhaps because i bought cheap players) but i haven't tried it in PES4 yet.
I wish i got more injuries too, so my squad would be down to nothing. I would appreciate my star striker/midfielder/Defender/Goalkeeper getting a red star once in a while. Perhaps i should buy more injury prone players. :mrgreen:

Loaning nver seems to work! Ive tried many times but i always get rejected. i even offer the highest that can be offered for a player like Pique and they refuse! Do you have any tips on how to loan?

I think perhaps your chances are greater if the player you want to loan is in the reserves/on the bench. I imagine Pique would have been, but PES has a silly habit of moving players around. I don't know. I may attempt a loan soon to see.

WEFA Champions League News

sport_calcio_champion-b.jpg

Cagliari 3 - 0 FC Porto

In the final preliminary qualifying group stage fixture, an already qualified Cagliari faced a Porto side who needed a win to progress. The home team rested it's bigger names, instead choosing to give it's younger and remaining squad players a run out. It would prove a memorable night for the young striker Nicolo Rossetti, who started upfront on his own. His desire to show his manager his worth, and the lack of pressure on the home side, saw him bag a Champions League hat-trick.

Within minutes from the kick-off, Rocco Sabato lost his marker on the left flank and darted down the side. He came infield and unleashed a ferocious cross into the box. Rossetti cleverly monitored Sabato's run, shadowing the Porto defence, until he burst past the last defender to connect sublimely with the cross, heading past the helpless keeper.
Rossetti Gol 1
Rossetti Gol 1 (different angle)

With 2 minutes left in the first half, a corner from Yapi-Yapo was again met by the young striker, this time heading superbly past the keeper into the far corner.
Rossetti Gol 2

Despite, the weaker side fielded by Cagliari, FC Porto just couldn't get into the game. The final blow to their European aspirations came midway through the second half. A penalty was awarded by the French referee, and Rossetti completed a marvellous display and hat-trick. Despite diving the right way, Porto keeper Carini couldn't keep out the young starlet's "howitzer" of a strike.
Rossetti Gol 3

------------------

PS Please be aware that the bandwidth gets used up very quickly, so view/right click and save the clips just once. Thanks. Otherwise one has to wait 24hrs again.

Last edited:
To clear up some things.

Professor yes... when you start ML you can customize a few options such as game length.. ML start point (if you bought it from SHOP), Ball which I set to random and other things.

I usually pick lowest points 5000 hoping that by end of 1st season i WOULDn't have much money if i want to spend anyways.. but i always have like 30000 with 11000 going for salary and still left with 21000 points lol.

Anyways...... Milanesta... I've loaned players a couple times... like this one time i remember it was last week of negotiation period and i still needed a backup SB in case anything happened to Bernard (my DL for Newcastle). Nobody had many stars... and i couldn't RISK making an offer for a 1* or even 2* player to come because none of the players i wanted had many stars.. so i decided since i dont want to BUY Candela who was rotting on the bench.. i'd LOAN him... i made a bid to loan him till end of season and they accepted.

Needless to say by halfway through season.. he proved to be a worthy member and broke into my first season. :D

Jim the Great... DeniroBob found who T. Davis is. You're right its Tom davis (How did you know his 1st name?). I dont know him but apparently he was in Fulham reserve team LAST year... but got released and now has signed for some lower division club.... but in the game he's still with Fulham and his stats even start out pretty high in 80s.... anyways.. at least we solved the mystery of who T. Davis is because i know even all their younsters and you're right he wasn't even on their website so i'm thinkin who the fuck is he?

Anyways I also think injuries are FEW and FAR between.... in this game.... i mean even players who have injuries set to A should be injured much more.

I play 2-3 seasons and each season i've had MAYBE ONE injury!! Sometimes NONE..... and even that one injury has been 3 weeks or less. Now i dont want it to be more but i just think it needs to be more frequent.

Imagine you picked a shit team.. thats battling against relegation... and doesn't have much depth or money.. and your players are getting injured every week and it really stretches you to a limit where you HAVE to play a player you never thought would get many games that season... but it doesn't push us unfortunately... you always end up with a choice of oooooooooh who do i want to play as my RB or CM today? you know what i mean?

anyways have fun you guys... im out

Back
Top Bottom