The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Mmmmmmmmm... yes and no. Of course it's not realistic and but on the other hand it's great forming a shite young to a decent player. But I see what you mean, my Barry almost has the level like Henry from stats. But well, we don't know how all these young players will develope in the next years.

kel said:
Mmmmmmmmm... yes and no. Of course it's not realistic and but on the other hand it's great forming a shite young to a decent player. But I see what you mean, my Barry almost has the level like Henry from stats. But well, we don't know how all these young players will develope in the next years.

Well Kel in a way i take back what i said kk 8)

Yeah I'd try Ajax Juventus11 but game would be too easy playing Eredivisie... i mean I picked RODA JC. hoping to battle perhaps for that 6th place European place but more than halfway through season and i'm still undefeated and top of the table.. 11 points ahead of Ajax but only 2 ahead of PSV... and in semi-finals of DIV 1 cup.

So i'm through playing as GOOD teams... i always pick only crap or mid-table clubs... and for my next ML.. i wont even pick a team like Roda... i'll pick like the RELEGATION battlers of a league like Seria A or La Liga or Bundesliga as I haven't tried those 3 yet.

So maybe Siena ;) but for now i'll enjoy my Roda game and see how i can do with average players and one star... ;) Arouna Kone :D

Yea Plf true in a sence......

in other discussion this is my team (PSG)

--------------------Alonzo--------------------------

-----B.Mendy---------Yepes------------------

Contrearas--------------------Armand

--------------M'bami---------------------

Boskovic---------rothen --------------Fabreagas

Donovan--------------------------
-----------------------Utaka

sorry its so complicated ....... but thats by team

I'd swap Rothen and Fabregas there.

A shout to db here. I know it's a matter of days before you take charge at Maritimo, so i thought i'd pop in a couple of suggestions for young cheap attacking options you may be interested in. After all, i'm sure that's where you'll spend first. Both are reasonably priced (under 400 points) and teenagers who have "bright" futures.

1) D'Acol Joaquim of Olympiakos. You'll find him warming the bench. Language shouldn't be a problem either as he's Brazilian. Stunning prospect.
95744.jpg

2610_18.gif

2) Vaz Té of Bolton Wanderers. Again, a bench warmer, this young Portuguese striker might relish some first team football back in his homeland. (PS, his default appearance is wrong. He looks Asian. He should instead be black).
282925.jpg

If you don't buy them in the first season, check back on them in a season or two ;)

Prof. :D

Yeah Juventus11 I'd defintely switch Fabregas and Rothen as well.. Rothen is a definite left winger and one of the best in the world at that and Fabregas doesn't have the speed to be a winger but has the technique and passing and vision to play in middle.

Also Branko Boskovic is LEFT-FOOTEd in real life.... i dunno if hes in the game as well but just wondering since you're playing him on the right wing?? He can play in the middle as well as left wing where Rothen plays.

what happened to Pauleta and Mendy??
Also I think Letizi is a bit better in goal than Alonzo but its up to you ;)

Plf and Proffesor Nutmeg first things first For plf Mendy is playing in defence and pauleta I sold him cause hes over rated in the game in my opinion and is slow as hell, Donovan has speed and Utaka has speed. The Rothen suggestion is correct definetly but when i bought Fabreagas he was inproved by Arsneal and Rothen has been dropped but thanks for the concidaration. Proff thanks for the players, and all the things you explaind.

Soo Grazie for the help....................

Professor Nutmeg said:
I'd swap Rothen and Fabregas there.

A shout to db here. I know it's a matter of days before you take charge at Maritimo, so i thought i'd pop in a couple of suggestions for young cheap attacking options you may be interested in. After all, i'm sure that's where you'll spend first. Both are reasonably priced (under 400 points) and teenagers who have "bright" futures.

1) D'Acol Joaquim of Olympiakos. You'll find him warming the bench. Language shouldn't be a problem either as he's Brazilian. Stunning prospect.
95744.jpg

2610_18.gif

2) Vaz Té of Bolton Wanderers. Again, a bench warmer, this young Portuguese striker might relish some first team football back in his homeland. (PS, his default appearance is wrong. He looks Asian. He should instead be black).
282925.jpg

If you don't buy them in the first season, check back on them in a season or two ;)

Prof. :D

cheers mate, everythings slowed down at the mo over there, but I'll certainly take a look at these two young chaps.

Finding young Portuguese players isn't so easy, hopefully they'll have the Superliga in PES5!

Feliz Ano Novo to you all!

Db

-

Sound advice

Ex-Brazil coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo, telling it like it is to international coaches at a Rio forum. 'If you have two bathrooms at home and can't decide which one to use, you'll end up shitting your trousers.' Luxemburgo was explaining how to 'be focused, be cool' to an audience including Gérard Houllier, Andy Roxburgh and Carlos Alberto. 'If, for instance, I have a choice between me dying and my father dying, then I'd choose him because he's old. As a manager, I want to kill all my opponents. But I want to do that in an ethical way.'
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,6903,1372163,00.html

I'm a bit puzzled as to how to execute a particular move in PES4. I've seen the com do it, so i imagine it's possible. It's like this. A player in possession of the ball stops dead. He then knocks the ball forward a metre or so infront of him (he's still stationary), then he steps up to the ball and executes a long pass. It's a kind of a Gerrard/Beckham move.
Does anyone know the buttons to acheive this? I've tried it in training. While i know how to stop dead, i can't wotk out the rest. Please enlighten me if you can. Thanks :D

Believe it or not Prof. but I had those two strikers you mentioned both on my eye but in the end I decided to buy these players:

Transfer news at Selhurst Park!

Crystal Palace has bought two players in the winterbreak. The players who will wear the shirt of Crystal Palace next seasons will be Babacar Gueye from FC Metz (France) and Egor Titov from Spartak Moskou (Russia). Also one player leaved; Ventola has gone back to Italy because he couldnt adapt to the climate in England, he hasnt found a club yet. Trainer Johan Neeskens said the following about the two new players:

Babacar Gueye:

gueye.jpg

''18 years old striker from Senegal which is already very adult in his playing. He has good technique, good dribbler and is big (186cm) so ideal striker. But he is young and has to learn a lot yet..''

Egor Titov:

_38055888_titov300200.jpg

''This guy is truelly a great player! He is on the top of his football capacities now but he has everything; superb technique, great dribbler, great free kicker, good shot and great passes. Crystal Palace should be really lucky that he chose us! And I am very lucky cause now I finally got a great Offensive Midfielder''- Johan Neeskens.

Crystal Palace good club?

Gueye didnt had only to say: ''In the Premiership I can improve myself more then in the French Liga and the people of Crystal were very nice''
Egor Titov had more to say: ''Im really happy that Crystal Palace gave me a new chance to play professional again, Premiership is a great place to show my football abilites and who doesnt want to get trained by Johan Neeskens?!''

Sidenote; Titov's drugs past&red notes of CP

Gueye was for Crystal Palace pretty cheap and is a good replacement for Ventola who has left the club but Egor Titov is a different story. We heard from inside sources that Egor Titov was not the first choice not the second but the tirth! What is going on at Crystal Palace? Well our source said that Crystal Palace wanted to buy super columbian talent Hernandez but Hernandez didnt want to go to Crystal Palace and you can agree with him when whole Europe wants him. Second choise was Mostovoj from Russia but the 35 year player was too exspensive for just one year. And trainer Johan Neeskens only wanted to buy a player who would be a direct addition, so talents who need to be trained some time first werent the ones Crystal Palace was searching for. And so the club came by Egor Titov, whole Europe wanted it him 12 months ago cause he had great seasons but 12 months ago Titov was accused of drug abuse and he was proved quilty and may not play football for 12 months. His club Spartak Moskou was furious cause they just gave him a new contract for 4 years and also the reputation of Spartak who would be a ''Drug-club'' was funest for the club. So after 12 months Titov was ready to play again for Spartak but Spartak had already bought a new OMF who did it great. So Titov could leave the club. He also could leave the club for far not as much money as was stated in his contract. But none club had interest because of his drug abuse except one club... Crystal Palace. Chairman Guido Fkamor went to Russia to buy him for ''cheap'' money, it was by far not cheap for Crystal Palace so the club even went over the funds!! So inside source say that Crystal Palace is in the red marks and have to make an excellent second season half to get back to a healthy fund and maybe some money left for a DMF cause Hughes is on the end of his latin. But thats another story. For now we will see who Crystal Palace manage the red marks: With great Results or trainer Johan Neeskens get sacked?

Does anyone here know who Borre is hes 16 and plays for anderlect ? could anyone get a pic of him for me thanks...

cheers and happy new year to all

Prof this is how you do that move you wanted but its almost impossible to pull off in a match because as we all know PES4's mistake is the CPU fuckin PRESSES you ALL the time at maximum speed so you never have enough time to do the move and knock the ball a yard or two in front of you but if you can, it'd make a better cross or shot...

You stop the ball with one tap of R2 then press R1 + L1 together.. and your player will knock the ball a yard or two in front of him while still stationary... then pressing square or circle along with a direction will result in him running up to ball and doing a cross or a shot.

Good stories GFK ;)

I really need suggestions on what team to start with. I want to be a team that has no more than 2 or 3 star players. Right now Parma tops my list, but I want to have a challenge. A team with many young guns would be good.

Milanista said:
I really need suggestions on what team to start with. I want to be a team that has no more than 2 or 3 star players. Right now Parma tops my list, but I want to have a challenge. A team with many young guns would be good.

Well Milanista theres many teams to choose like ,

siena, reggina, Shalk 04 lots more and i cant forget man city

theres many you should find some your self milanista.........

I'm thinking of starting a new ML, what team does everyone think i should choose?

Dan the Monkey said:
I'm thinking of starting a new ML, what team does everyone think i should choose?

Well many people play with teams that dont have that many stars,
choose a team that are usualy relegated or in the mid table like,

Siena , maybe Borrusia Dortmund , Shalke 04, Bourdoux, Kiev , Anderlect theres lots whats ur favourit bad team and choose it in my opinion i be Shalke 04.

Prof., DB and PLF,

As Titov isnt what I expected, his stats goes rapidly down but still he plays pretty good. So I fancy a swap between Titov and a OMF/CMF from another club cause I dont have enough money to buy a player. So I have these divisions: English Premier Leageu, Serie A, Spanish Liga and the German League. So I wonder if you know any good, young, talented OMF/CMF in these divisions which want to swap with Titov..
I have searched a bit and found Mobali from Iran, 21 pretty good OMF which has been bought by Newcastle United (you know him PLF?) And I found also James Milner also from Newcastle but I dont think he will go too Crystal Palace :)
So you guys know any good OMF/CMF players in these competitions i mentioned?

Cheers!

juventus11 said:
Well many people play with teams that dont have that many stars,

This is something i have done since the beginning of the series. I have noticed, however, that from about PES2, and certainly PES3, more and more people (around here) have been opting for lesser teams, and rationing the stars in their squads (Henry sightings are getting fewer).
I wonder then. Will Nokami pick up on this, if at all possible? I know it's not as easy to notice as communities patching kits and changing stats, but perhaps they might.
Essentially what we are saying by this, is that we are finding the PES series getting increasingly easier (with the exception of gerd ;) ), possibly, one could argue, due to the "attack bias" and "speed" of the game, the latter being more detrimental to the "sim" experience.
Nokami say they cannot do anymore on the PS2 console to better the PES series graphically, but there are so many "non cosmetics" they could tweak in order to improve the game. That's probably for another thread, so i won't go into it, but for example:

Slow down the game. Probably the most popular hate (bring back the slider)
Make it less attack biased.
Sort out the Master League! it's a mess with fixtures. Top 6 teams qualifying for the WEFA Championships is ridiculous too. etc

Somebody asked who "Borre" was. It's 16 year old Anderlecht back player anthony Vandenborre.
Milanista if you want a team with lots of promising young players, i would strongly recommend you ASL Metz. They have loads of promising players, just take a look (it's a shame that the best one in real life, Riberry, is underestimated).
Other teams with lots of good young players are Sevilla and Sociedad in Spain and Anderlecht (and that really is a crap team like you all saw in the CL) and then there are some Dutch teams who are fun to play with: Ajax, AZ67 and Heerenveen.

Some news about my 2 ML's.

In my second season with Real Sociedad i'm currently second in the Spanish competition, Real Madrid are first 9 points ahead. I guess it will be difficult to win the title...I was eliminated in the first round of the domestic cup by Valencia.
I'm in the second group fase of the "CL" in a group with Arsenal (1-1 at Higbury), Real Madrid (1-2 in San Sebastian) and La Coruna.

My other ML is really fascinating. I'm in my first season with Wolfsburg. I'm currently second 1 point after Bayern Munich after leading the table for 4 weeks. Unfortunately a 2-2 draw in Nurnberg and a win Bayern were enough for them to lead the table. But nothing is lost and the other teams are way behind Wolfsburg. In the first transfer period i bought OMF Julio Baptista (as a back-up for my star player D'Allessandro), DMF Makoun from Cameroun and winger Da Marcus Beasley from PSV...
Wolfsburg has one problem; they depend too much from D'allessandro and he has rather low stamina...After three or four matches, he needs a rest..Wolfsburg also is a team with lots of older player. In the line-up by the beginning of the ML there are ony foor or five players who still "grow" (D'allessandro, Ahamada, Messeguez, Petrov, Fischer)

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg said:
This is something i have done since the beginning of the series. I have noticed, however, that from about PES2, and certainly PES3, more and more people (around here) have been opting for lesser teams, and rationing the stars in their squads (Henry sightings are getting fewer).
I wonder then. Will Nokami pick up on this, if at all possible? I know it's not as easy to notice as communities patching kits and changing stats, but perhaps they might.
Essentially what we are saying by this, is that we are finding the PES series getting increasingly easier (with the exception of gerd ;) ), possibly, one could argue, due to the "attack bias" and "speed" of the game, the latter being more detrimental to the "sim" experience.
Nokami say they cannot do anymore on the PS2 console to better the PES series graphically, but there are so many "non cosmetics" they could tweak in order to improve the game. That's probably for another thread, so i won't go into it, but for example:

Slow down the game. Probably the most popular hate (bring back the slider)
Make it less attack biased.
Sort out the Master League! it's a mess with fixtures. Top 6 teams qualifying for the WEFA Championships is ridiculous too. etc

AGreed. I find it stupid that its harder to buy old players, or players 27+....
They either get worse or just dont change at all. I also hate the regeneration of players... Zola is 18 and has red stats for loads of stuff.

Anyway, i decided to play with AEK...clearly for the kits lol.

i switched diff during pre season friendly matches but i forgot to change it at the last week and i am now at the first week of the new season... is there any way i can do to change the diff? i saved my game at the start of the new season.... i have no back ups....... does this mean i have to bear with the diff setting for the whole season?

Back
Top Bottom