The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Hmm I think I will finally write a little story about my ML..
I am currently PSV and I am in my second season. But first of all my squad 4-3-3:

-------------------Gomes----------------

---------------Alex--------Bouma-------------
Jakobsen-------------------------------------Lee

-----------------------Lozano----------------------

------Maniche------------------Cocu----------

Vonlanthen--------Cardozo-----------Farfan---

As you see just 2 new players.. I finished my first season directly as first!! Which was a big suprise for me cause the start was dramatically!! But in the second half of the season it seemed that my players finally saw the ''fire'' cause in the second half I player wonderfull football.. And after a long run i finished first together with Feyernoord. But I had a better result about with Goals and Goals Against (I dont know how you call it in english:)) So that was a big suprise for me!!

I started my season with the same team as above only not Cardozo and Lozano.. But Vennegoor and Vogel instead and also Bogelund on the place of Jakobsen.. But Bogelund got quick injuried and got replaced by Jakobsen (18 years, Danish, SB) and I have to say that Jakobsen has improved drastically! I was very bad but is now almost against all yellow marks! I wasnt statisfied with Vogel so i bought at the half of the first season Lozano (20 years, 194 cm) And I also bought Cardozo cause Vennergoor wasnt really ''impressive'' End of 1st. season Van Bommel went away (as he is gonna do in reallife) to Deportivo.. I wanted to buy a class MF with more attacking skills then Van Bommel and also a MF which I didnt need to develop to the same level as Van Bommel.. So Maniche was in my eyes best choice.. But now I have troubles...

Lee and Cocu are rapidly going down with their stats (althougth Lee is 28!) and Bogelund isnt really great.. And Jakobsen.. He is ok for in the Eredivisie but for the WEFA he is too poor (yet) And Lozano isnt improving as much as I hoped.. So my MF is still OK but doesnt seem to grown any further..

My attackin line is great!! First season Farfan and Vonlanthen werent soo good but now almost everything is in yellow with these two and they still improve like a muthafucker!! Cardozo is also stable although i hoped he would improve little bit more.. But still good CF..

So my troubles are: Sidebacks and my MF.. And my bench isnt better then the people who are in the starting 11 now so...
I also see this troubles in the results.. I am 6th in the league after 9 (?) games.. Although in the WEFA it goes pretty well.. First match a 0-0 against Chelsea and second match a 1-0 win against Valencia!

So what would you people recommend for my team??

Oh, although the results arent so good now I dont feel its hard the ML.. So i might change too a smaller club like you guys in a harder league then Eredivisie..
I dont really care about the club as long they have a ''promising'' squad who can develop and te club need to have a nice kit! :)

Thanks!

BTW Do you guys patch your game?? (i know you do PLF)

EDIT: I just came across Brescia.. What do you think of that team?? The seem ideal! Small squad but good and enough developing ''curve'' i think.. BUt i always want to buy one player before i start.. Which one shall I do if i chose Brescia
?

Last edited:
GFK: Just going to tell you what i think. Brescia are TOO SMALL... they dont have the FAN support that could make them a BIG club one day even if you turn them to championship material and i dont like taking clubs like that because then even after 3-4 seasons of success.... it'd still fill kinda UNREALISTIC to bring superstars into that team because it just wouldn't happen in real life.

thats why when i take a smaller team ... like you I of course check their kits ;) i have to like them but also make sure they're not a SMALL team and COULD be big one day.

So if you want small in Italy.. at least go for someone like Fiorentina or Sampdoria... if not so small.. defintely Juventus cuz they have good squad but not much support.

In England you have plenty of choices of course.

p.s. Guys I was going to do a news like Prof but i'm working on a POWERPoint presentation now lol... looks much nicer with a little brief description about new signings and then their picture coming up hahhahahaa...

it'd be ace if Prof made one of those and in one of those slides put his goals up. that'd be sick.
lol i'm out for now.

Already started the masterleague with heerenveen. Played 3 matches so far.

First match immediately was away against big favourites psv, but after a tactical match I was the victorious side with a 1-0 victory scored by Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, assisted by Yildrim :). Won the second match as well, 2-0 (Sikora, Huntelaar) against willem 2.

The third match was different story though against nac breda. after 9 minutes Slot scored for breda to put them 1-0 in front. I scored the equaliser pretty fast through Huntelaar again after star man Vayrynen assisted him. I put constant pressure on Breda and was very close to winning the match on many occasions, but it wasn't to be. Breda hit me on the counter and a bad clearance by central defender Seip and lacklustre defending by Hansson saw them grab the winner.

Huntelaar is the eredivise topscorer with 3 out of 3 and Yildrim and Vayrynen both the topassisters with 2 assists both. I'm in 6th place, with all the teams very close. My keeper Van den Bussche and right-back Bakatti are both surprisngly in the best player lists based on point rankings.

Cagliari news

Off-Season Transfer Update:

Cagliari are pleased to announce the signing of Uruguyan keeper Mauricio Nanni, from Racing Santander, on a 2 year contract.
nanniwanwan.jpg

As expected, Striker Shabani Nonda has left the club. A deal was done earlier today which saw Nonda complete a swap deal to Roda JC, in exchange for Ivorian forward, Arouna Koné.
arouna%20kone0336.jpg

Cagliari also managed to profit from recently relegated side Atalanta, by swooping for their promising midfield talent Riccardo Montolivo. The same deal saw midfielder Daniele Conti head in the opposite direction.
MONTOLIVO.jpg

Meanwhile, striking sensation Rolando Bianchi has committed his future to the club by signing a 4 year extension, which will see him remain at the Stadio Sant'Elia until 2011
bianchi.jpg

------------------------------

Last edited:
---------------------------------
Diário de Notícias - Futebol
---------------------------------

Maritimo have officially announced the signing of a 3rd choice goalkeeper for the approaching season. This confirms the largest open secret on the island, that ageing Nelson was surplus to requirements.

The new recruit is 23 year old Raymond Van Emmerik of NEC Nijmegen.

raymon_van_emmerik01_12665.jpg

For a keeper Van Emmerik, is on the sleight side standing at just 1m 78, but this lack of height won't dent the Dutchman's confidence.

"For sure, playing in the Iberian League will be a big challenge for me. Obviously it's a different culture and the language will take a little while to learn, but it's a genuinely great opportunity and I knew I couldn't afford to turn it down."

In other news, The new boss, already dubbed Mr Simao by the locals, has also finally found a home, just along the coast from the capital Funchal.

"Basically, I wanted to be a little out of the city, so Camara De Lobos is just the ticket, as its only around 10 minutes drive to the stadium."

clobos-05.jpg

"It's got great views, great restaurants and is very close to the motorway so I can keep in touch with the family and my mother in law, although whether I'll come to regret that, we'll have to wait and see" he joked.

-----------------------------------------

Blackburn have named there new Manager

the Lancashire outfit bought Monkeys in to start the revival the club has sorly lacked since there amaizing Championship season.

Monkeys Reputation as Englands best young coach is deserved after great stints at Non-leauge Stevenage and Division two Luton.

With both teams on a tight wage structure he managed them to the top 3 for there respective divisions.

Before that he was well known in English football as the Flair and Distructive Right back with three F.A cups and one European Title. His clubs ranged from Tottenham, Barcalona and Monaco and was a fans favourate at all the clubs he played for.

He is Regaurded to have a great awareness for Tactics but also is more known for his Excellent Man Management and getting the best from his players.

"Blackburn is a great club and can go all the way to the top, i have no doubts of that" said Monkeys in the press confrence.

"I had 4 great years at Luton But i could not turn down this opotunity. its a massive step for me" when asked of how he see's the season going he simply said "Good"then went on to say "it will take me a season to get to know the team inside out, so i will take every day at a time"

Monkeys will not make any new signings but has warned his players that anyone of them could be out in the transfer window if they fail to impress "I told the lads that that they have got to show me that they want to be a success at this club, if they want to be in europe then they have play like it"

But Monkeys knows how hard the season before will be, especially with the opening fixture, "well we aint got the best opener with United at Old Trafford but this will give me a nice introduction of my squad"

Blackburn fans may be in for an interesting Season, well if Monkeys has anything to do with it.

Manchester United 2 - 0 Blackburn

Two_blindmonkeys first game incharge did not go as planed with his side losing to the Red Devils at Old Trafford.

Solskjaer hit a grat Double to beat a poor Blackburn. Rovers did have there chances and started the better of the two teams with a brilliant Jensen header well saved from Howard and then a goal mouth scramble being cleared from Ferdinand.

2145054635.jpg

Jensen misses a great chance for Rovers

but on the 24th min United stoped any chance of a shock result with van Nistelrooy putting a precision pass in the path of Solskjaerho stroked it passed Freidle. United were then well in control and were unlucky not to go into the Break 2-0 up but for a fine save from rovers keeper. the second half was not much different as the end of the first with blackburn unable to breack the united Defence. United then scored the killer goal with only 56 minuets on the clock with another good move that Solskjaer again finnished well with.

_38667593_scholes300emp.jpg

Van Nistelrooy and Scholes celebrate the second

After the game Monkeys saw the size of the task infront of him. "we didn't have a good 90 minuets really, we started really well and got behind there back 4 well 2 of three times but then they score from knowere and get ther tails up. from there the story rights itself but i have got some good points to look at too. David (thompson) did brilliant when he came on and Brad (Freidle) was first class and did not deserve to not have a clean sheet today". This result was a not what Monkeys was looking for in his first game "i had a tenner on a draw" he joked afterwards.

Next up for Blackburn is Fulham and Monkeys is optamistic "there where times in the game i could see a class team and that boads well for you. we have got a good game next week against a team i beleive we can get somthing from, ill talk to all the lads during the week and give them some good and bad news on there perfomance. but we will improve i have no doubts in that"

PLF said:
But I personally wouldn't go to Eredivisie myself because of 2 reasons:

1) I love Ajax but won't use them because they're too good and without buying anyone i could easily win the league hence you have same situation as your Juve game and getting bored.

2) IF you DONT want to pick BIG clubs like PSV, Feyenoord and Ajax like me and always go for crappier clubs.... then I'd pick AZ or Herenveen but still the DIVISION is too weak and you wont get much challenge from beside top 3 teams... other clubs are really crap so you wont be surprised like in SEria A where every team could provide a descent challenge or same in England or Spain. but its up to you.

Thanks

Yes you're right. I'm finding the eredivise to easy already, and with a club like heerenveen it's just not right tot buy any enjoyable players. Just 3 clubs with resistance isn't enough.
I'm going to change to a different team again.

I'm thinking of going either for a bundesliga experience or serie A again.

Bundesliga:
I'd like to play as the only other club besides Juve that is close to my heart: VFB Stuttgart. Although I wonder if they are to good a team, any thoughts?

Serie A:
I simply love calcio and I want to play italian football, don't know as which mid-table team though. Maybe Palermo, Parma, Udinese or Sampdoria? Although I find it akward playing in serie A, and not being juve.

Why couldn't the game just be a bit harder.....

I had a fun time with Hertha Berlin in PES3 (my final ML before PES4). 5 glorious seasons. I'll probably end up using a Bundesliga team again at some point in PES4 as it's a decent league with enough competition.

Just be a shit club, and choose the best teams of every league to go in your division. Im using the default ML team against Milan, Barca, Arsenal, Juve etc .... i never have any breaks.....

yeah but that'd be unrealistic Milanista and i Personaly can't enjoy games like that.

So best bet is to choose a COMPETITIVE league like France, Italy, La Liga or EPL instead of Holland cuz then you'd feel guilty of buyin any players lol cuz other teams are so shit.

I say go with Parma, Don, Their team is not so good.. you can bring them back to glory days and theyir backups are almost all star as CRAPPY 18 year old Italians so no real depth. Udinese have much better squad i think.

and Palermo... well their jersey is... pink lol so i dont know if i'd pick them.

Stuttgart are PRETTY good team to start with but not that easy... so it might be worth giving a go Don but just dont buy too many players then... they are good Hleb and Kuranyi and others. but Shalke and Bayern should provide enough challenge.

Professor Nutmeg said:
I had a fun time with Hertha Berlin in PES3 (my final ML before PES4). 5 glorious seasons. I'll probably end up using a Bundesliga team again at some point in PES4 as it's a decent league with enough competition.

So you're saying I should go for Stuttgart?

Milanista said:
Just be a shit club, and choose the best teams of every league to go in your division. Im using the default ML team against Milan, Barca, Arsenal, Juve etc .... i never have any breaks.....

Nah, where's the fun in that? I don't think i'd be able to enjoy a league like that, what's the use of the champions league than? Also I won't ever use the default ML team again.

PLF said:
I say go with Parma, Don, Their team is not so good.. you can bring them back to glory days and theyir backups are almost all star as CRAPPY 18 year old Italians so no real depth. Udinese have much better squad i think.

Stuttgart are PRETTY good team to start with but not that easy... so it might be worth giving a go Don but just dont buy too many players then... they are good Hleb and Kuranyi and others. but Shalke and Bayern should provide enough challenge.

So you're saying either Parma or Stuttgart. I'd say both teams are a bit similar as in both teams having 2-3 stars, but Stuttgart have a bit more depth in their team and are more solid. I'm leaning towards Stuttgart at the moment, as I like them a lot and I haven't done the bundesliga ever before.

I wasn't intending on buying many players and not on buying any superstars.

Then go for Stuttgart... you haven't tried Bundesliga yet... you obviously like them a lot and they're not the top team like bayern either so it wont get boring quickly... just go with Stuttgart.

Yeah almost too good of a team.

Helb
Lahm
Hinkel
Kuranyi
Hildenbran (sp?)

and Since you're not REAL Stuttgart boss... you'll probably enjoy HAKAN YAKIN's services too ;)

New trainer Crystal Palace announced.

Trainer Johan Neeskens who recently got sacked by NEC has found a new club in England: Crystal Palace.

CopyrightFrankMuller_Neeskens.jpg

The first remarks from Johan Neeskens on his new club were:
''Crystal Palace is historical club and I want them to grow to a stable club in England, they have enough youngsters and veterans to grow out to a stable slub'' And what did Neeskens said about the squad of Crystal Palace? ''The squad is too big so some players need to go'' Neeskens kept word because in the first week at Crystal Palace next players leaved:

Freedman, Berthelin, Speroni, Symons, Derry, Granville and Boyce.

Only one new player came to Crystal Palace, Glen Johnson from Chelsea is hired for one year.
908084glen_johnson_020204.jpg

New player Glen Johnson hopes he can play himself in the picture again at Crystal Palace. On the question why Crystal Palace and not another club, he said:
''Johan Neeskens is one of the biggest players in the history its great to get trained by him!''

The Starting eleven (4-4-2) and the selection of Crystal Palace is:

--------------------------------Kiraly--------------------------------

-----------------------Hudson----------- Powell------------------
G. Johnson-------------------------------------------------- Black

----------------------Hughes(C)--------Watson-----------------
Routledge------------------------------------------------- Kolkka

----------------------Torghelle------- Andy Johnson-------------

Reserves:

GK:

- Cronin

DF:

- Popovic
- Leigterwood
- Togwell
- Sorondo

MF:

- Riihilathi
- Borrowdale
- Lakis
- Soares

CF:

- Kaviedes
- Ventola

Last edited:
brianwong said:
Black is a right winger, not a left back... :p
Ah we have a fan here! Well at his positions was also SB... He is playing very good on the SB btw..
What do you think of the team so far?

Cheers

Johnson's a good signing I guess - though the place you should strengthen first is left-back (to replace Black. :D)

Also, maybe another central midfielder (Hughes is the wrong side of the hill) and left winger (Kolkka's the only one).

brianwong said:
Johnson's a good signing I guess - though the place you should strengthen first is left-back (to replace Black. :D)

Also, maybe another central midfielder (Hughes is the wrong side of the hill) and left winger (Kolkka's the only one).
Kolkka has the condition of my mother. Hughes is pretty good, nice FK he has.. Hmm Iam indeed looking for a quality MF.. But I am far from the negiotations period :)

You can use Tom Soares instead of Hughes - he develops well and can win quite a few headers (more than Hughes anyway!)

Also, at worst, you can always use Lakis on the left.

First Results Crystal Palace.

Chelsea 2 - 2 Crystal Palace

'12 Joe Cole (PK) 1-0
'25 Joe Cole (PK) 2-0
'51 Andy Johnson 2-1
'68 Torghelle 2-2

Crystal Palace were shown all the corners of the field by Chelsea and within 30 minutes it was 2-0 for Chelsea by two PK from Joe Cole. In the second half Crystal Palace started to get better and the two CF of Crystal Palace both got one chance and both scored!
Johan Neeskens said the following of the match: ''In the first half Chelsea was way better then us, but after the break we started to take over the match and luckily the first goal felt really early for us. After the 2-1 we hunted down for the 2-2 and also that goal pretty early but after that goal Chelsea woke up and didnt gave away any chances. I am proud of my team that we defeated the last wave of Chelsea in the last 30 minutes of the game and proud of my two CF who both needed just one chance to score.''

760175.jpg

Torghelle after his goal against Chelsea.

Crystal Palace 1 - 2 Manchester Utd

'43 Scholes 0-1
'74 Torghelle 1-1
'82 Saha 1-2

Crystal Palace lost his first home-match of the season with 1-2 from Manchest Utd. The victory for Manchester Utd was deserved cause Manchester was never in danger so the 1-1 of Torghelle came as a big suprise. But after the 1-1 Manchester played very professional cause they knew the would score the winning goal sometime. And yes, in the '82 minute Saha scored the 1-2 and directly the game was over.
Torghelle about the match: ''It was a very though match for us, but you could clearly see that Manchester is a topclub who plays so professional... Its a pity but not a shame''

images117544_1-saha.jpg

Saha after his winning goal against Crystal Palace.

Hmm I hope Prof and Denirobob dont mind that I do the same as them, but its great! :)

Back
Top Bottom