The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

B-Freak , highest average age is a turn-on for you?? ;) I dont know man.. I had a ML with Newcastle and I got bored in 2nd season but they certainly have good players and exciting people like Jenas and Milner who through matches and a season or two of intensive PRE-SEASON training can become England's best!! ;)

I'd choose City though... just as i really like being the smaller teams now.... for my next ML... i'm thinkin of picking even a smaller team than Sochaux in another league probably spain or Italy.

Don, I was going to asnwer you but "Jim the great" beat me to it. Dont worry about it.... if you fininshed in top 2.... it goes to almost HALF = season before WEFA Championship matches begin.

only stupid thing about WEFA... championships is even 4th placed team goes to WEFA Masters cup where it would have made sense to make 6th place team in league.. go to WEFA cup and not QUALIFING WEFA Championship and instead dumb 4th team in WEFA Championship grous out of Europe as a whole.

Hopefuly Konami will get it right for next edition.

Anybody had a look at Bundesliga's current top-scorer Mintal from Nurnberg in PES4?? I haven't even seen his stats but will have a look at him.. next time i go play ;)

@Ctruppi, I know what you mean man ;) I remember coming to these forums when i didnt have the games in previos years.. reading about ML stories like Profs and getting my apetitte really really wet which would make it harder to wait for game. I live in Canada and if you have modchip..... you dontn eed to wait for a WE8I that's not even PLANNEd yet as far as i'm aware... i could be wrong though.

As for transfer-listing... yeah you can transfer list but for me personally... they never fuckin made any offers..... maybe once or twice.

Now heres MY Question to all other ML players.

Have you guys ever had an OFFER for a player you did NOT transferlist??

I haven't had ANY offers whatsoever in 3 seasons..... transferlisted or not... so i dont even know but have you? and of course i'm talking about PES4 because in PES3... I received loads of offers like that for my good players.

go to your team list and highlight the player. It should then have an option saying "change negotiation" or thereabouts. Click on that, and you should see the details on the right of the screen. You can accept or decline the offers. If you have more than one offer, use the shoulder buttons ( :l2: :r1: etc) to cycle through them.

gerd said:
I did have a transfer request for Westerveld who was'nt listed PLF (do not know how to answer it...)
Gerd, you mean you had an OFFER for Westerveld who wasn't listed ;)

ps. Anyone know why he moved from Real Sociedad to Mallorca??? :shock:

PLF, WE8I is slated to come out in North America in February. Can't wait. If not, then a mod chip is defeinitely in my future. Actually, by being a bit patient, I think pays off because the last few years, PE players have had many complaints about the game that simply wasn't there in WEI iteration (specifically, I remeber lots of complaints about handballs last year and have only had a handful in the hundreds of WEI games I've played). So maybe Konami actually reads these boards?

As for the transfer-listing, thanks for all the responses. Hopefully this works well.

Just get a modchip man ;)!

I got it first day i bought PS1 and 1st day i also got my PS2... never looked back ;)

PLF, Westerveld wasn't listed PLF.
And he moved to Mallorca because Real Sociedad used Risego in goal...
Prof: thanks.

Anyway after the first season and the subsequent transfer period, this is my Real Sociedad team.

GK: Westerveld or Risego
CB: Boris
CB: Labaka or Azikupetea
LB: Brechet
RB: Soler (17 year old)
DMF: Arteta or Larrea
LMF: Lee Chun-Soo
RMF: Yeste (or Karpin)
OMF: Iniesta
CF: Nihat (Oskitz = 17 year old)
CF: Nonda (Chapi = 17 year old).

This is a very young team.

In my other ML i'm curretnly 5th in my first season with Wolfsburg. Wolfsburg are a team with much older players. They have D'Alessandro who is great except for his stamina. So every 3 or 4 matches he needs a rest. I only have one back-up for him: 35 year old Bulgarian player Hristov. This team is a real challenge to play with.

profnutm.jpg

Serie A news

Sampdoria 2 - 2 Cagliari

It wasn't a classic, but it had it's moments. Cagliari were very uninspiring and their play was very disjointed. Sampdoria mangaed to go ahead by 2 goals, one in the first half by Flachi, and the other in the 61' minute by Doni. At this point, Cagliari looked to come away with nothing. However, if ever a captain had to lead by example, it had to be now. In the 68' minute, captain, Cesare Natali, had possesion 10 yards out of his own box. He then proceeded to pass, and continued a 40 yard or so run, steaming through the centre of the pitch. Noticing this unusual run, Sissoko returned the ball to the charging centre back who managed to get clean through on the keeper Antonioli. Natali then finished like a striker, rounding the keeper to register his first goal of the season. This lifted Cagliari's spirits, as the captain shouted at his team mates to play up. It appeared to work. In the 83' minute, a slick passing move starting with Liguera at the halfway line saw him find Suazo who crossed first time to Bianchi. Bianchi fooled the keeper with a dip of the shoulder and proceeded to go around him to net his 24th league goal of the season. The draw saw Cagliari slip a place to fourth in the table.

Doni '61 goal
Natali & Bianchi goals (2.85Mb)

WEFA Cup news

WEFA Cup QF Result

PSG 1 - 0 Cagliari
Cagliari 2- 1 PSG

Cagliari went out of the Wefa Cup last night in a closely fought affair between the two sides. Ogbeche's away goal proved the decider in Cagliari.

thumb_guingamp-ogbeche.jpg

Ogbeche's goal proved decisive

---------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Wow.. Prof your stories are getting better and better man... lol first it was nice coloured headlines... then pictures were added which adds to atmosphere and now you're goin to show us goals of the match lol. :applause:

It'd be nice if you showed ALL the goals in the match so Sampdoria's too but if its too much trouble forget about it.

@Prof, that second goal by Bianchi.... the guy who gave the assist... did a very nice pass... which we saw in real life a lot.... he put it ahead of bianchi but i'm not sure if a NORMAL press of :triangle: would do that?? WAs that it? or was it something else?

ANyways... guys after winning WEFA championship with Sochaux... i'm now bored... i dont know why... i just want a different league with another VERY shitty team but I have to like their jersey and NOT hate their club (so no Lazio or Hertha Berlin).

I want to have a relatively mid-table to weak team in either Seria A, La Liga or Bundesliga.

Teams i'm considering at the moment:

LA LIGA
----------

- Atletico Madrid (Always liked them and want to make them a title contender and a huge club in Europe once again).

- Atletico Bilbao (Like their jersey a lot.. and if I pick them.. i'll only buy SPANISH players which will be great challenge 8))

- Sevilla (Don't particularly like the team but last night I had a friendly with Seville against Espanyol and really enjoyed the match so maybe them)

Bundesliga
--------------

- Borussia Dortmund (I really like their jersey and players like Rosicky... however only problem is they're not CRAP... they're far from it.... and already have good players when I really like to start with CRAP players and BUy people like Rosicky and Everthon, but still they're not that strong... so it'd be a good challenge to win title without buyin anyone perhaps.)

- Leverkusen (Always liked this team again.. with Berbatov.. and Schneider and co but same problem as Dortmund)

- Hamburg (Dont like the team but they're bit weaker than other 2 i mentioend so i'm considering it even though they got really good depth especially in striker department)

- Hannover 96 (Out of all the crap teams in this league... this is the only one i'm a BIT intersted in even though I dont really like them either.... so they fit into my description of crap teams and only one in Germany I dont mind playing with)

Seria A
---------

- Parma (They have no depth in squad... some good 1st choice players but their bench is all youngsters who've never played pro football... all from reserve and other clubs, and I always liked this team and want to make them a big team again.)

- Sampdoria (Like their blue and might consider them)

- Atalanta (Very crappy team but i like them, only problem is though they're VERY SMALL club in real life and will never be huge... because of low fan-base and etc. and I like to take a team that when I'm in WEFA cup final.... could get there like Atletico Madrid... not some small club that sells best players everyday and never will get a big gun, yes i'm very picky in my selection and its killing me ;) )

- Udinese (I usually conside them but they have too many GOOD players in that team already... with 80s so i dont like to be them.... like Pizzaro. Di Natale, De Michelle and.... good youngsters like Pinzi and Muntari Sulley, plus their away jersey is ugly.)

So thats it... help me choose a team.... but dont get mad if i dont pick what you said ;)!

I'm very picky so in general these are rules i Prefer to pick a team that:

- Team that without buying anyone would really have hard time going higher than mid-table

- Isn't a Pussy ass small club with 15000 stadium... so i could see them actually being BIG one day like (Dortmund, Atletico Madrid).

- Doesn't have much depth.... and many local youngsters like Parma...

- Doesn't have too many good players with 80s to beging with like Dortmund.... because i like to for example start with strikers who have shot accuracy in 70-80.... and are relatively young or crap.

Feel free to suggrest other clubs too but my main focus will be on these..... just having a hard time picking a team.

take care.

Thanks PLF, i try to entertain. Actually, i got a new camera recently, and so i thought i'd film goals. I decided to start with this one as my CB scored after an amazingly long run.
Btw, i only have a crappy free webhosting site so the bandwidth gets used up very quickly. Apologies if you guys don't get to see it. But i aim to post more in the future.

The pass to Bianchi was from Suazo. I think in this case it may well have been :triangle: but i can't remember. I use both :x: and :triangle: whenever i see fit really. I posted Samp's 2nd goal by Doni, but i don't think i got the first.

yeah i think it probably was a triangle as well.

Anyways your 2nd Sampdoria goal that you put up (Doni) doesn't work.

Also so what do you guys suggest... after some more careful consideration it's down to following:

Sevilla in Spain
Sampdoria, Atalanta or Parma ;) in Italy
Hamburg in Germany (Unless someone can tell me about a crappier team in Germany because Hamburg is already descent but exciting and no Kaiserslautern or Monchengladbach... i hate those 2)

Go for either Atalanta or Parma, PLF!

Anyway back to my juve ml, after losing trezeguet 'till after the winter break Ibrahimovic got himself injured as well for a couple of weeks. Zalayeta stepped up, who did his job fine. He was everything but spectacular though.
Played my first two CL games as well, won both and i am top of my group (Juve, PSG, Udinese, Arsenal). Top of the serie A as well, with Bresca the surprise of the season at second place. Milan struggling to find top form and are in 5th position and roma are having serious problems- they did not score in the first 5 matches of the season.
Zlatan Ibrahimovc has returned now and immediately played himself back in the first 11 by scoring 3 times in two matches.

PLF, personally i woul go for Sevilla.
Oh and another thing, if you would play as Athletic de Bilbao you should only buy Basq players...which is a much bigger challenge.

Anyway about my two ML.

With Real Sociedad started my second season with a 0-0 draw against Real Madrid.
First match in the WEFA qualifiers: 1-1 in Giuseppe Meazza against Inter . Took the lead with a penalty (again for a foul against Lee Chun-soo) and a late equaliser by Vieri.

In my Bundesliga ML, Wolfsburg is doing very good. Currently third after a 0-1 win against Borrussia Dortmund.
PLF, why don't you start as Wolfsburg. They have loads of old players, so you can "renewe" the squad with young players. Of all the ML's i have played. This is the one i enjoy most...

Gerd posting as Stan.

Ibrahimovic is now injured again untill the winter stop. I'm set to play Jankulovski as cmf from now on to form the midfield partnership with Emerson, who from now on will have to play a bit more defensive minded. It'll be a less defensive midfield, i'll play some more possesion football.

In other news, Juve legend Ciro Ferrara, 38, has announced that he will retire at the end of the season.
I'm also looking to offload some dead weight in the winter stop, Paolo's Cannavaro's stint at juve may be coming to an early end as well as he has only played 1 full match so far and has only made a handfull of appearances. I will add some new defensive blood to the team in the summer. I'm keeping my eye on Monaco defender Sebastien Squilacci. Any suggestions for another cb are welcome.

Thanks Gerd, I personally started with Sevilla first but I dont like BUyING or RENEWING the team too much. For me the game loses its authenticity and fun if I look back in 3rd or 4th season and see only 1 or 2 players in my first team who were already in team when I started.

That's why I like to pick a okay - relatively weak team and win things with pretty much their OWN squad.. with an addition here and there.

Sevilla... I started but didn't enjoy it.. didn't really like their squad, they didn't have right balance in my opinion or any future LOCAL superstars... and relatively old people.

I know about the Basque rule only which Bilbao and Sociedad have.... thats why in order to keep my game realistic.... i made this thread: http://community.sigames.com/eve/ub...=8191933985&m=455208328&r=220207528#220207528

in another forum to see if I could somehow get a list of BASQUE La Liga players. Obviously those in Bilbao and Spanish players in Sociedad I knew I was allowed to buy but thats a mighty challenge if thats really it.

So I finally decided I'm goin to give a league I never tried .... Bundesliga with Hamburg.

1st match of season, I went to Olympstadion and took the lead through "Benjamin Lauth" (C injury) with a wicked shot outside the box after Lucio had failed to mark him properly which hit the underside of the bar... and went in.

Bayern equalised though through Sebastian Diesler with an awesome shot from outside box as well just before half time.

Final Score: 1-1

Not a bad start.. considering i'm not sure about my tactics fully yet and getting to know players.

Anyways I think this will be fun as Hamburg have Descent squad.... and some young German talent of the club itself.... i think it'll be good. :D

@Gerd, Hey man thought you might wanna know... Mr. Lee Chun Soo who's apparently one of your star players is playing for Numancia right now... so if you had updated your game properly ;) like me... you wouldn't have had his services.

Just thought you might wanna know.. hope it doesn't ruin the game for you ;)

take care

Thanks PLF...
Well i still have Westerveld aswell in Real Sociedad. Indeed Mr lee Chun Soo is a class act in my team...Uptil now he's my favourite player in PES4.

---------------------------------
Diário de Notícias - Futebol

Despite not officially becoming the new Maritimo boss until the turn of the year, the new man hasn't wasted anytime in analysing his new cohorts.

"I have been evaluating the team and the backroom staff and have compiled a dossier detailing where I feel we need to strengthen. I have presented this to the chairman and board of directors and they have responded positively and understand that I want to create a more competitive squad. The Iberian Second Division will certainly be a tougher proposition than the Superliga, and we need to be prepared."

It is thought amongst many in the Portuguese sports press, that veteran Angolan born goalkeeper Nelson will be one of up to three players to be replaced before the season kicks off. Nelson (pictured below) is 37 and had been number one at the club for many seasons since joining from Rio Ave, however it is understood that the recruitment of a new younger third choice stopper alongside Marcos and Nelson Sousa is a priority.

119_jogador.jpg

Respected OJogo columnist Antonio Tavares-Teles said "CSM have traditionally relied on a strong home record, which has not often been repeated away on the mainland. It will be interesting to see whether this English guy will be able to change that mentality. It would appear already at this early stage that he is no respecter of reputation and is quite willing to sacrifice some of the "sacred cows" if it is beneficial to the club as a whole."

---------------------------

Diário de Notícias - Futebol

The official league structure of the first European Master League has been announced, with the format seeing four Divisions of 16 clubs divided on geographic lines.

Maritimo face 7 teams from Spain, with away games at fellow island sides Malaga and Mallorca in particular, potentially amongst the most tricky.

The draw in full........

Iberian Division 2

1 Albacete
2 Levate
3 Getafe
4 Numancia
5 Mallorca
6 Malaga
7 Racing Santander
8 Maritimo

Iberian Division 1

1 Barcelona
2 Real Madrid
3 Ath Madrid
4 Valencia
5 Real Betis
6 Sevilla
7 Espanol
8 Real Sociedad
9 Ath Bilbao
10 Deportivo
11 Villareal
12 Osasuna
13 Real Zaragoza
14 Porto
15 Benfica
16 Sporting Lisbon

---

Northern Division 1

1 Aston Villa
2 Arsenal
3 Bolton
4 Chelsea
5 Everton
6 Liverpool
7 Newcastle Utd
8 Middlesboro
9 Man Utd
10 Man City
11 Spurs
12 Rangers
13 Celtic
14 Ajax
15 Feyenoord
16 PSV Eindhoven

---

Mediterranean Division 1

1 Juventus
2 AC Milan
3 Inter
4 Lazio
5 Roma
6 Udinese
7 Sampdoria
8 Fiorentina
9 Parma
10 Lecce
11 Chievo
12 Olympiakos
13 AEK Athens
14 Panathanikos
15 Galatasaray
16 Besiktas

---

Central Division 1

1 Bayern M
2 Schalke
3 B Dortmund
4 Bayer Leverkusen
5 Wolfsburg
6 VFB Stuttgart
7 Werder B
8 Hertha Berlin
9 Lyon
10 Lille
11 PSG
12 Monaco
13 Marseille
14 Auxerre
15 Sochaux
16 Bordeaux

Reading your stories just gets me so excited about getting my PS2 & PES4 back in another 4 weeks time. The way you lot tell your stories like it is the real thing, like journalist, reporters and the detailed manner you lot present your ML stories is really good.

Really nice stories PLF, proffesor, DB and also other people ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
PLF said:
Gerd, you mean you had an OFFER for Westerveld who wasn't listed ;)

ps. Anyone know why he moved from Real Sociedad to Mallorca??? :shock:

He plays for Manchester City

The Prob in the ml is really the reffs they really put a satisfactory work.
the fouls are just unbelieveble some are normal but some are just ruthless.

My star player Rooney now is injured so i took FarFan in attack and Boijnov and boijnov against Juve scored 5 goals amazingly, by the way im playing as Lyon.

And just a question in the negotiation period how do you buy players that have a finished contract?

thanks

Are you sure Westerveld plays for Manchester City???

Real Sociedad reached the Champions League. They finished second in their group in the qualifying phase. Results:

Inter Milan-Real Sociedad 1-1
Aston Villa - Real Sociedad 1-0
Real Sociedad - Galatasaray 4-1
Real Sociedad - Inter Milan 3-1
Real Sociedad- Aston Villa 2-1
Galatasaray-Real Sociedad 1-0

Sociedad are currently 3th in la liga, four points behind leaders Real Madrid and one point behind Sevilla. They won 5-0 against Real Zaragoza (which is my best result ever on *****).

CODENAME: 528333 said:
Reading your stories just gets me so excited about getting my PS2 & PES4 back in another 4 weeks time. The way you lot tell your stories like it is the real thing, like journalist, reporters and the detailed manner you lot present your ML stories is really good.

Really nice stories PLF, proffesor, DB and also other people ;)

I'm genuinely gratified that you enjoy reading my tedious ramblings mate.

I just think it makes the whole master league experience that much more enjoyable. I think the Proff has raised the bar with his goal video roundups.

Db

My two ML teams so far:

Arsenal (3-4-3)

-------Cavallero

Milito - Terry - Toure

-------Gerrard
Vaart-----------Dunn
-------Sneijder

-------Rooney
Adriano-------Henry

Subs include Lewis (GK), Berthod, O'Shea, Hersi, Beasley (who's really good), Lampard, Kuranyi, Chevanton.

Milan (3-5-2)

----------Cech

Bouma - Nesta - Heitinga

-----------Pirlo

-----------Xavi
Yeste-------------Joaquin
-----------Kaka

Shevchenko-------Farfan

Subs: Heinze, Gattuso, Vicente, Adu, Milito (the forward), Ivansitchz (that's not the correct spelling, but anyway)...I forget the rest.

hey codename, glad you like reading my stories too ;) even though mine aren't like really stories as I can't be bothered to make proper headlines... news like DB or Prof who's even doing goals which is just a classic idea and makes his stories by far the best in my opinion.

Anyways soon after starting my game with Hamburg, somehting strange happened. When I WASN'T on PES4.. like i was doing other stuff... i didn't have the URGE to get back on PES4 to continue my ML like I had with Sochaux and other teams.... so right then I knew something was wrong. maybe it was the playerss... i didn't relaly have anyone i LIKED on that team except Mahdavikia of course.

so just started a new ML with Aston Villa. Hoping to make them a big club once again.

Their squad is descent but not that much depth but they got some good youngstres of their own (local players) which i love making stars like Ridgewell, Steven Davis, Samuel, Stephan and Look Moore and of course the mighty PETER WHITTINGHAM.

Apart from that they have a couple players i really like such as Angel, Solano and Mellberg as well as Sorensen so i thought it'd be fun and so far it has been.

Boro 0 - 2 Aston Villa (1st match of season, went away to Riverside and came out victorious).

Goals:
'Carlton Cole
'Darius Vassel

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Southampton

'Beattie
'C.Cole

3rd and final I've played so far:

Tottenham 1 - 3 Villa

'Vassel
'Solano (PK)
'Jamie Redknapp
Vassel

----------

For this ML i also thought i'd change to 15 Min matches so i'd have more time to break down the 5* defence since its more cautious and less adventarious than 6* which was becoming too easy.

It's fun so far but if I keep scoring like 3 goals every match... i might change it back to 10 mins although i dont know yet as 15 mins is very nice and realistic too.. minutes dont go as fast and so if you're winning 2-1 lets say and its 80th minute, you still gotta hold on for 10 mins... which is a lot and doesn't go really fast like on 10mins games.

Anyways looking forward to reading more and seeing some goals Prof ;)

p.s. Whats your camera called? lol.. this shit is tempting and how much did you buy it for?

one thing that has a huge affect on your ranking beside WINNING of course is your players getting into top 5 rankings for each position.

When you have a player or two there... and your team is doing well... you seem to move up a LOT.. when there's no player on that list.... you dont improve by much.

other than that.. there's nothing you can do except win and give it more time.

Sometimes rankings are a lil bit retarded.. but if you win for 2 seasons in a row... of course you'll move up.

I turned Sochaux from last in the ranking to 16th in 3 seasons but then i got bored so its defintely possible and i didn't have HIGH average rating players in that list all the time. Just some of it... mostly during my DIV 2 games because its much easier to have higher avg rating players in there because of less amount of games.

Back
Top Bottom