The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

A couple of good games last night.
Don't you just love that feeling of scoring a winning Free Kick goal in the dieing minutes. Last night i did just that. It was 2-2 against Fiorentina. Liguera was brought down just outside the box (19m). Up stepped Yapi-Yapo, and with my deadly close range technique ( :l1: + down + :square: [@ about 45% power] + left for curve) i swiftly curled it up and over the wall and into the corner to make it 3-2 in the 89' minute. Sweet! :D

The second game saw me beat AS Roma 4-2 in the 1st Round 1st leg of the Coppa Italia. I'm defending the title. ;)

PS. i recommend Yapi-Yapo to gerd and db, i think he's the kind of player you guys might appreciate. Great name too.

Professor Nutmeg said:
A couple of good games last night.
Don't you just love that feeling of scoring a winning Free Kick goal in the dieing minutes. Last night i did just that. It was 2-2 against Fiorentina. Liguera was brought down just outside the box (19m). Up stepped Yapi-Yapo, and with my deadly close range technique ( :l1: + down + :square: [@ about 45% power] + left for curve) i swiftly curled it up and over the wall and into the corner to make it 3-2 in the 89' minute. Sweet! :D

The second game saw me beat AS Roma 4-2 in the 1st Round 1st leg of the Coppa Italia. I'm defending the title. ;)

PS. i recommend Yapi-Yapo to gerd and db, i think he's the kind of player you guys might appreciate. Great name too.

I have to my eternal shame still only ever scored 1 free kick in my whole Pro Evo/WE career, in a friendly on WE7 with El Codino Divino for Brescia. Truely shocking.

I am really finding it very difficult having to wait to get started in the ML, especially when i see you chaps on here exchanging experiences. I'll certainly check out that Yapi Happy Chappy mate.

Db

btw - i thought this might amuse some of you.......

Nando: no shame

Hertha Berlin star Nando Rafael says he feels 'no shame' after being photographed in 'an aroused state' after scoring against Schalke. 'It is true, so what?' Rafael told Bild. 'Goals are sexy and they make you horny. And a goal like that is just like an orgasm. It can happen that, when you score a hot goal, and unbeknown to yourself, you get a hard-on. And,' he added, 'I don't use any underwear, so when you run there is a lot of hanging and dangling...'
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,6903,1356392,00.html

Amazing story Db (next year editing freaks will moan because there are no hard-ons in the editing mode of PES5...boots, hair cuts, balls (pun intended) and hard-ons...

Prof, i did try Yapi Yapo. The first thing u did was playing a Konami CUp with Nantes and yes, he's good (he used to play in Belgium, it must be for Beveren our Ivorian team).

In the mid-season transfer period i only bought one player: Alex Aguinaga (Ecuador OMF).
He scored in his first match against leaders Real Madrid (2-0 win for Real Sociedad).

Sociedad are also in the semi-fianls of the division one cup after eliminating Porto. The semi-final is against Valencia.

Aguinaga is a legend but Gerd do you not look at players ages before buyin?? I mean for gods sake.. the guy is like 35 now and WAY past his prime.... he should be dropping stats since first day you bought him.

PLF, it hink we are talking about a different player. The player i bought is 20 years old.
Oh could it be that he is "the born-again" version of Aguinaga after he retired???? But i'm still in my first season??? I'm pretty sure he is 20 years old because every time i have a player search (in this case playmaker) i sort by age. I always favoured younger players and in PES4 with the building-up feature i certainly want younger players.
Anyway yesterday i had a very satisfying match against Sevilla. The first half i was very bad, only had two shots on goal with lots of bad passes. In the second hallf i decided to play very offensive minded. I had chance after chance and won the match with 3-0 (had 21 shots on goal, 19 in the second half...this is huge for me).

Gerd i'm suprised... i thought he'd be a born-again player as well but since you said its your first-season thats impossible.

Is he Ecuadorian?? If not then he's just another Aguinaga but you said his name is Alex Aguinaga so it must be the 35 year old legend.

Anyways i think thats the case and its another AGE data wrong by KONAMI because in the game Heinze is also 20 where as he's 26 in real life and many other mistakes.

I want to buy abrosini, 28 but is he worth buying perminantly or just a loan deal. Has anybody bought him yet and how is he.
I am 7th in the league with 5 points and i want to be careful with my money because i have to payback the money i got for the players salary which means i want have a lot to pay if i buy this guy. Luckly i've got to the semi's of the cup match so if i win the cup i get some money.

Having read this page, some of its beginning to sound like a foreign language. Playing ML today and for the first time ever I got 2 penalties in a match. Just wondering how common this is....has anybody had a hat-trick of penalties or more?

crayon it happens but after you play 3 seasons.... you're even more impressed with the game because you see the numbers match real life.

In my 2nd season in Div 1, I had like 6 penalties during whole season which is realistic.. but in one game there were 2 in one... and many games none.

I also recently had TWO own goals.... in one match against Liverpool which I eventually lost 3-2! and i'm in my 3rd season.... i've only had one OWN goal... scored against me... during whole 3 seasons except this match.

so its all fine...

Codename, I suggest you dont buy Ambrosini. ... he's just an AVERAge player... probably expensive cuz he's at Milan and at 28... he wont get any better but could be on the downhill.. i suggest you either loan him or look for a nice young permanent buy like Essien of Lyon or Barretto .... (without a club), Paraguayan.... who starts game as a 20 or 21 year old i dont remember... he turns out to be one of world's best players in 5 years or so... his growth curve is amazing and him and Luis Gonzalez dominate center of midfield for me.

I'm out for now...
hope it helped.

PLF said:
Codename, I suggest you dont buy Ambrosini. ... he's just an AVERAge player... probably expensive cuz he's at Milan and at 28... he wont get any better but could be on the downhill.. i suggest you either loan him or look for a nice young permanent buy like Essien of Lyon or Barretto .... (without a club), Paraguayan.... who starts game as a 20 or 21 year old i dont remember... he turns out to be one of world's best players in 5 years or so... his growth curve is amazing and him and Luis Gonzalez dominate center of midfield for me.

I'm out for now...
hope it helped.

Your probally right i should loan him. I can't buy Essien because he cost to much. Just 3 more games until the mid-season.

I'll probally take a break from pes4 before i play the rest of does 3 games.

Still battling for a "CL" place with Real Sociedad. i'm currently 4th and in the middle of a spell of concurrential teams. Played 1-1 home against Barcelona. Lead the match till injury time when Giuly scored the equaliser (to be fair: the ydeserved it ). Won 0-3 against Atletico Madrid and then had to play against Villareal. It turned out to be one of the weirdest matches i ever playd. In the first hour i totally outclassed them, my Korean LMF Lee Cun So was terrific. Scored a beautifull long range volley, forced a penalty after a devastating run...After an hour Real Sociedad led 4-1. ANd the nthey scored twice in a couple of minutes. I won the match 4-3, but they totally outclassed me in the last 30 minutes and deserved a draw... (This resembeld a Werder Bremen-Anderlecht match in 93 or 94 when ANderlecht led 0-3 but lost the match 5-3...).

maritimo_new_manager.jpg

Lol, db, Good to finally see you :D

I mentioned this before, but i'm thinking of strating a second ML, most probably with PSV. However, i'm quite taken by Heerenveen too. They have an interesting kit. DD, perhaps you can tell me, why do they have hearts on their kit/crest?

Hi lads,

I hope i have suitably whetted your collective appetites :)

Clearly despite the exotic location it is club that does not possess a great deal of financial muscle therefore wheeling and dealing & ducking & diving (at least initially) will be very much the order of the day.

Having said that, with a large and vibrant fanbase combined with a traditional fortress style home form, I think we could cause one or two suprises.

My first act, before a ball has been kicked, will be to ensure all pilots coming to the island from the mainland and Spain, ensure quite a "tasty" landing for visiting teams. One or two jokes about needing a parachute to stop the plane on the runway etc.. oughta do it.

ate logo

Db

Professor Nutmeg said:
Lol, db, Good to finally see you :D

I mentioned this before, but i'm thinking of strating a second ML, most probably with PSV. However, i'm quite taken by Heerenveen too. They have an interesting kit. DD, perhaps you can tell me, why do they have hearts on their kit/crest?

Sorry professor, I have no idea.

You'll be able to pick up some good free players at the end of the first season db, in the "Un-belonging" section, as they call it. I saw players like Nonda and Maicon from Monaco. And in mine at least, there are still about 12, 18 year old players in that section, who no club has signed.

ps. i see you have Evo-Web on your screen in the pic ;)

hi proff,

is it only worth buying young playes then mate ? i dont want to rely too much on youth, want to keep a few wise old birds especially "if" i get promoted. Players around 28/29 are still likely to last a while arent they ?

db

ps -

Heerenveen plays in an outfit that resembles the Frisian flag: blue and white vertical stripes with diagonal red 'hearts' that are called 'pompeblêden' in the indigenous language, the name for a certain type of water lily (Nympaea alba). At the start of every home game in the Dutch league the Frisian anthem is played, sounding almost as impressive as a sold-out Cardiff Arms Park before a Welsh national rugby game.
http://www.sc-heerenveen.nl/web/show/id=59492

Db is right about the Frisian flag Prof.
Heerenveen is my favourite Dutch team. Usually a team who plays very attractive football (although less this season) and who has had some very stubborn (attacking) players.
The Frisioan people are the Dutch Basques, they talk a totally diiferent language (a beautifull language). Football is only thesecond sport in Frisia (Friesland). The people are mad about ice skating. They have the famous "Elfstedentocht" which is a big skating competition of around 200 kilometres on natural ice. Of course this competition only takes place occasionally (it has to freeze quite a few days) and i had the pleasure to watch one Elfstedentocht in the 80's (Evert Van Bentum won for our Dutch friends). I was quite impressed on those days it seems as if all the Dutch people are in Frisia...

Oh and by the way Prof, Ruud Van Nistelrooy played for Heerenveen...

Thanks for the info guys. I knew there would be some sort of interesting history/trivia behind this club.

There website says "Heerenveen is the second club (after Willem II) that has successfully challenged the traditional Top Three in the Netherlands – Ajax, PSV and Feijenoord – since the Champions League came into existence."

They're currently 4th in the Dutch league, (where they finished last season) and are still in the UEFA Cup. They also anaged to beat VfB Stuttgart. Not bad for such a s small club.
Yildrim scored a corker of a free kick against Feyenoord on Saturday (bit of a R. Carlos run up), although i don't think Nokami have been quite so generous with his FK stats.
I may end up being these guys. Perhaps i can use Nokami's "heart" balls as my home club ball ;)
If i do, i may have to poach the young midfielder, Saïd Bouatahar from NEC Nijmegen. He's caught my scout's eye.

Last edited:
denirobob said:
hi proff,

is it only worth buying young playes then mate ? i dont want to rely too much on youth, want to keep a few wise old birds especially "if" i get promoted. Players around 28/29 are still likely to last a while arent they ?

db

You don't have to buy loads of young players, but some will start to lose stats from the age of 29. From 30 onwards they definitely do. I have kept a few of the better older players, but it's fun training up the young recruits how you see fit. Plus you get more mileage out of them.

gerd said:
Db is right about the Frisian flag Prof.
The Frisioan people are the Dutch Basques, they talk a totally diiferent language.
Well, I tend to disagree with that. IMP Frisioan is just a dialect, I can just as easily understand them as any other Dutch dialect. The Frisians just like to think of themselves as foreigners.

joostebrood said:
What? Go out and talk to some of them my friend, it's a different language, don't argue with that.

Haha, you don't miss anything do you?
I have some Frisian acquintances, I really have to say it's not much harder to understand than say Brabants.

In Nije Dei

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]De nacht is foarby, de sinne is frij, omheech te gean
Aanst wurdt it dei, de moarn is te nij, om stil te stean
It libben wie wrang, it wachtstjen te lang, mar 't nimt in kear
Wês mar net bang, nea wer bang, it hoecht net mear

Der sil gjin dei begjinne, dat ik net by dy bin
Gjin oerwurk foar ús rinne, sûnder sin

Refrein:
Jou my dyn hân, jou myn dyn hert
Asto it doarst mei my
Hjir is myn hân, hjir is myn hert
'k Jou myn bestean oan dy
Lang wie it kâld en tsjuster, aanst komt de dei
Fynt it ljocht syn wei, yn in nije dei

Kaam net út é rie, it paad dat ik gie, it wie sûnder ein
De tiid dy't er wie, it hert dat ik hie, it wie fersein
'k Ha my oan dy jûn, mysels in dy fûn, 'k begjin op é nij
Leafde hat wûn, twa minsken bûn, mar fûgelfrij

Der sil gjin dei begjinne, dat ik net by dy bin
Gjin oerwurk foar ús rinne, sûnder sin

Refrein:
Jou my dyn hân, jou myn dyn hert
Asto it doarst mei my
Hjir is myn hân, hjir is myn hert
'k Jou myn bestean oan dy
Lang wie it kâld en tsjuster, aanst komt de dei
Fynt it ljocht syn wei, yn in nije dei

[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That is just easy to understand for me when I'm having a conversation in a pub. It's almost the same. Come on Don, your 'acquintances' are fooling you, they're really from Noord-Brabant.
[/font]

Back
Top Bottom