The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

joostebrood said:
That is just easy to understand for me when I'm having a conversation in a pub. It's almost the same. Come on Don, your 'acquintances' are fooling you, they're really from Noord-Brabant.

Maybe it's easier for my to understand because of my German roots?

-------
Anyway back to Master League.
I finally continued playing again, was in the first off-season. Montolivo has turned into a fine player, a lot of my best team have already diminished in stats though sadly.

Bought Paulo Cannavaro, whose growth curve dissapointed me though. Also bought Giorgio Chiellini (who's growth curve is amazing) and Marek Jankulovski on the final day.

Jankulovski scored on his debut from a Chiellini cross against Milan in the off-season.
Problem is though with Jankulovski how to fit him into my 11. I have Zambrotta as left-back,who's irreplaceable. Nedved on as left omf and Camoranesi on the right. I tried Jankulovski in both the left position, in which he excelled and the right from which he scored. Nedved won't leave my first 11 either, so It's looking like Janku will play on the right despite his leftfootedness. Not sure though..
Anyone any suggestions?

Last edited:
well yeah i dont know how you'll fit him in there either. Thats what happens when you have two many good players for some positions isn't it?

Maybe you can just rotate Zambrotta. Jankulovski and Nedved and Jankulovski reguarly.

Won the division one cup with Real Sociedad against Real Madrid.
I played a fabulous first half, was almost constantly on their half of the field. Nihat and Arteta were outstanding. This resukted in two goals: one from Kovacevic and one from Nihat (a beauty).
In the second half Madrid began the assault on my goal but Sociedad managed a few dangerous counters. After 75 minutes Nihat passed Samuel and was through when Samuel fouled him: red card and FK. Nihat put it in the corner. 3-0 win...
In the competition i'm currently 5th with 4 matches to go.

joostebrood said:
Sorry, I don't know you Don, but that's such crap, more than I ever did on ths forums.

WEll that's very easy thing to say.

Just check out that poem, it contains plenty of words which are quite similar to German words.

PLF said:
well yeah i dont know how you'll fit him in there either. Thats what happens when you have two many good players for some positions isn't it?

Maybe you can just rotate Zambrotta. Jankulovski and Nedved and Jankulovski reguarly.

Maybe I could move Zambrotta to rmf and Jankulovski to left-back.

Jankulovski as left midfielder? Nedved on the right cutting inwards.

Marek is often played on the right midfield (cutting in) for Udinese, whilst Jorgensen (right footed) used to play on the left whilst there. It's an effective technique depending on your style of play. Are you not bored of playing as Juve still?

Marek plays as left midfielder at the moment though for udinese, but I could use him on the right. Thanks.

And No, i'm not bored playing as Juve. Don't play that much pes at the moment anyway.

Breaking news:

After the mid-season transfer window, Cagliari were left with just one goalkeeper, young talent Frederico Agliardi, after the sale of Greek keeper, Theofanis Katergiannakis. A last minute bungle saw the deal for Argentinian keeper, Germán Lux, fall through. A spokesperson for the club said, "We only wanted to buy one player during the window, whilst selling a handful of others. But negotiations with Lux's agents became complicated."
Cagliari are now prepared to up the offer and wages to see that they land their man.

51086869SF005_FOI_Arge_Para.jpg

Lux in action for Argentina at the 2004 Olympics.

Last edited:
joostebrood said:
Sorry Don, but I hate you now
Hate is a strong word, lets try to tone it down here guys, not the time or the place, both of you need to relax, no ifs ands or buts, let this be the end of it, end, this is the END, no more comments on this from EITHER of you, NONE.

WEFA Cup News

Liverpool 3 - 2 Cagliari

Cagliari could have qualified with just one point last night, but it seemed unlikely when Liverpool stormed ahead by 3 goals in the first half. A late show from Cagliari saw a swift comeback, as first, Uruguayan midfielder Martin Liguera netted in the 75th minute. Five minutes later Cagliari were awarded a penalty when Shabani Nonda was brought down in the box. He then converted from the spot giving him a total of 7 goals in the competition as the currrent top scorer.
Cagliari continued to surge forward in an effort to find an equaliser, but the Liverpool defence held firm.
Cagliari now just need 1 point from the final group game against PSV to guarantee a place in the knockout stages.

liguera4.gif

Liguera's 75th minute goal sparked a comeback

profnutm.jpg

Last edited:
I won't get PES4 back until next year in january, i lent it to my brother because he bought me some new trainers. But it nice to read how you lot are getting on in ML.

I'm in week 27 now in 2006 (3rd season)! (Sochaux)

I just finished playing Inter in QF of WEFA Championship.

I beat them 2-0 in San Siro with goals from Santos in first half.... went past Matterazi and Burdisso and chipped the keeper.

and Just to finish things off... a Carlos Tevez freekick to top-corner!!

I managed to hold on to a very professional 0-0 draw at home to advance through semi-finals where I'll be facing the other Milan giants who knocked out Valencia.

I'm also sitting 2nd in French League.... but with superior goal difference (17).

I've only let in 9 goals in league in 20 matches and this is where the game is getting a lil boring for me. I dont let in many goals at all.

Anyways I also managed to beat Club Brugge 2-1 (Yes its French league with two belgian teams ;) ), with goals from Zairi (my top-scorer, Morrocan in his prime now in 3rd season at age of 24) and another goal just before half time by Carlito Tevez who's beggining to settle in.

Things are going great for my Sochaux side and we're making real progress toward being a consitent force in France and perhaps one to be reckoned with even in Europe as club continues to impress and attract quality players from abroad. (Luis Gonzalez from River).

I really love the stories to read about your ML especially Denirobob and Prof.! Its great to read & see how you handle with your ''smaller'' clubs! I wish I could do that but I always start with good intentions but I never succeed to handle ML like you.. So keep up the good work!

Cheers
GFK

Finally finished my first season with Real Sociedad.
I finished fourth after Real Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia wich is quite good for this team...
I'm in mid-season now. The mid-season training is great...
I already bought a 17 year old Spanish attacker (Capi) and a SMF from Athletic de Bilbao (can't remeber his name though). I bought him because he was very good in the two matches i played against them.
Need another OMF and forward...will offload a couple of players aswell...

Meanwhile i started a second ML with Wolfsburg in a sort of Bundesliga. Only played one match 2-2 at Arminia Bielefeld...

GFK said:
I really love the stories to read about your ML especially Denirobob and Prof.! Its great to read & see how you handle with your ''smaller'' clubs! I wish I could do that but I always start with good intentions but I never succeed to handle ML like you.. So keep up the good work!

Cheers
GFK

I can't speak for the Nutmeg fella in the white coat, but I wouldn't say I really handle the ML more like survive, riocheting from one crises to another. My ML team is much like my life really, the occasional glimpse of an island paradise promising success and happiness amongst an entire ocean of sewage filled dross and underachievement.

Bob

gerd said:
Finally finished my first season with Real Sociedad.
I finished fourth after Real Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia wich is quite good for this team...
I'm in mid-season now. The mid-season training is great...
I already bought a 17 year old Spanish attacker (Capi) and a SMF from Athletic de Bilbao (can't remeber his name though). I bought him because he was very good in the two matches i played against them.
Need another OMF and forward...will offload a couple of players aswell...

Meanwhile i started a second ML with Wolfsburg in a sort of Bundesliga. Only played one match 2-2 at Arminia Bielefeld...

A nice player who already is playing in Spain might be (fran) Yeste.

Strange one. It turns out i was in the CL all along. Odd, seeing as i finished 5th in the league last season, and i thought it was the top 4 that enter the competition, either automatically or via qualifiers. But then the Nokami version is a bit screwed up anyway, because the 3rd and 4the placed clubs in a CL group drop into the WEFA Cup, not just the 3rd as you might expect, with the 4th being eliminated completely.

Anyway, i was cruelly dumped out the CL by a last minute goal by substitute striker Gerald Sibon, for PSV. van Bommel's free kick swung in and cracked the crossbar. My keeper, Agliardi naturally dived, however, the rebound favoured PSV, as it fell into the path of giant striker Gerald Sibon, who headed into an open goal. This now means i face....er, PSV, (who came 4th in my CL group) in the final 2 leg knockout stages of the WEFA Cup. Things are looking up though, as i beat them 3-0 at home. I'll report on the 2nd leg when it happens, and hopefully who my next opponents will be.

You're right Don, it is Yeste.
He seems a very good player. I like to use him for free kick. I have much more success with him than with Nihat whose free kick stats are higher (82 - 93).
I also bought Shabani Nonda and i'm after Iniesta from Barcelona. I'm desperately searching after an OMF. If i can't get Iniesta i'll try Blondel. Or if you guys have a suggestion for a (young) OMF....

gerd, i picked up S. Nonda free at the end of last season. At first i thought i'd get him just to sell on at a profit, but he has been fantastic in Europe.
On the subject of OMFs, one could name loads, but what i suggest you do is search with what you have in mind. That's how i find some of mine. I'll often only search within Italian nationality too (as i play as Cagliari), but when i looked for OMFs i looked in South America as well. Perhaps have a look at Liguera (Uru) or Donnet (Arg). Their stats increase quite well too. But there really are loads out there, and i'll eventually get round to them with various other ML teams in the future.

profnutm.jpg

Serie A news

Cagliari 3-1 Siena

Last weekend's win at Bologna saw Cagliari rise to the dizzy heights of 3rd place in the table. This weekend saw visitors Siena, themselves struggling in the league, and thus hopes were high to keep up the chase on the leaders.
It began well. Within a minute from kick-off, a slick move down the left flank saw young striker, Rossetti, cut back a pass to Rolando Bianchi, who finished with cool style. Siena managed to equalise just before half time. Into the second half and the deadlock remained. 10 minutes from time Professor Nutmeg brought on midfielder Sissoko and young Brazilian starlet D'Acol Joaquim. The substitution had an immediate effect, with Joaquim finding the on-rushing Sissoko, who fired it passed the keeper from about 12 yards. There was even time for a third. A superb solo effort from Bianchi, finishing with his unfavoured left foot, to net his 22nd league goal of the season.

WEFA Cup news

PSV 2 (agg 2-4) 1 Cagliari

Cagliari went to Eindhoven with a 3-0 lead from the first game, and Professor Nutmeg made 9 changes from the team that won on Sunday. PSV managed to grab a goal midway through the first half, a powerful header by Alex from a van Bommel corner, which seemed to spur them on in the 2nd half. Guus Hiddink decided then to play 4 strikers upfront. On came Gerald Sibon in place of a defender. His presence was felt when he grabbed the second goal. And what a goal it was. Farfan crossed with pace from the right towards the box. Hesselink flicked it on with his head to Sibon who was perfectly positioned and unmarked approaching the penalty spot, where he controlled the ball on his chest and then volleyed it home. Just when PSV went looking for their third, Nonda delivered the blow of an away goal, with style. Receiving the ball just right of centre outside the box, he teed himself up and lobbed the keeper in the furthermost corner of the net. A real gem.
Cagliari now face PSG in the quarter finals of the WEFA Cup.

rod_fey_2_2.jpg

Edwin Zoetebier couldn't stop Nonda's beautifully crafted lob

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
gerd said:
more success with him than with Nihat whose free kick stats are higher (82 - 93).
I also bought Shabani Nonda and i'm after Iniesta from Barcelona. I'm desperately searching after an OMF. If i can't get Iniesta i'll try Blondel. Or if you guys have a suggestion for a (young) OMF....

Try Montolivo from Atalanta. I'm using him. His stats start out low, but after a year a lot of his stats are in the low eighties.

I'm in the USA and won't be enjoying the WE8/PES4 until WE Intl is released here in Feb/March. I love this forum though because ML is my favorite part of the series and has gotten better each year.

One question I have is the ability to transfer-list players. In WE7, I bought some decent players early on help me get out of D2, but as I won cups and leagues and such, and the pts came pouring in, I bought better and better players. It would be nice if the CPU made bids for the players I was no longer using, rather than have me release them (or have them linger on the bench). Into my 6th season, the only player the CPU ever tries to buy from me is Totti (who I brought in 2 seasons ago).

Thanks for your responses! I'm very jealous that you Euros get to play several months before me!

You do have the ability to transfer-list players, and surprisingly it even works.

Anyway, I seem to have stumbled upon a strange error in the game: I won the the serie A last season, but somehow I'm not in the wefa championship?

IF i'm right about this, it's a really a turn-off for me....

The transfer listing works well in PES4. Just add them to the potential transfer list (out) and you should receive several offers per player. Most of them will be permanent deals, but you do get some clubs who will want to take your player on loan too. I easily managed to sell all the players who didn't feature in my plans.

Don Domenico said:
You do have the ability to transfer-list players, and surprisingly it even works.

Anyway, I seem to have stumbled upon a strange error in the game: I won the the serie A last season, but somehow I'm not in the wefa championship?

IF i'm right about this, it's a really a turn-off for me....

You will be in it, you're just not in the first group phase because this is the qualifying round. Once that's done you will join the teams that qualified plus the winners of the other leagues.

Yeah thanks. I took a look, you're right. I thought that was the first round, and I wasn't in it.

Anyway, top of the table at the moment, no goals conceded after 6 fixtures. Nedved and Zambrotta as consistent as ever and Camoranesi in blood form, thus Jankulovski has made his appearances so far as cmf. Young Chiellini not happy as primarily being on the bench.

Trezeguet got himself injured for 11 weeks just now..

Hi can anyone help me.....i will start a master League and can't choose between Manchester City and Newcastle...I am thinking about taking Manchester City because they have the highest average age......What do you guys think? who shall i Choose???????

Back
Top Bottom