The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Yesterday I've started ML again. For the first time on PC now. I haven't played ML for about nine months now. But it's great, I've almost forgot how much fun this is. My team is Olympique de Marseille. First season is over and I've finished seventh in division 2. After some good results in friendlies against the big guns in the summer break I am posivite for getting promoted in the following season though. I have a 17 year old talent in my team, Rachmane Barry, attacker. He's developing very well as you can see here:

talent.jpg

The older players like Barthez and Lizarazu are degrading a lot though. :(
I haven't bought a new player yet - do you have any recommendations who to buy? And maybe some help how to get players sold?

Last edited:
How is Samir Nasri in your Marseille team developing?? He's a top talent in real life but I didn't even know about Barry!

Bamogo is also very good striker but I reckon you get rid of Marlet.

Frank Ribery and Geuye are two very good young talents at Metz. You might want to have a look at them.

PLF said:
How is Samir Nasri in your Marseille team developing?? He's a top talent in real life but I didn't even know about Barry!

Bamogo is also very good striker but I reckon you get rid of Marlet.

Frank Ribery and Geuye are two very good young talents at Metz. You might want to have a look at them.

I don't have Samir Nasri in my squad. :eh:

Bamogo, yes he is a young payer and doing very well, too. Marlet is still in my team but he barely plays.

Thanks for the two players, I will have a look at them.

I used to play ML in a different way earlier. I had my default team and then bought only the top stars like Henry, Zidane, Roberto Carlos etc. but now I discovered anothery way. I am looking for young talents now and to form them. That's much more fun. Barry is becoming better and better. He's already in the starting line up and developing to a key player. I love it.

Last edited:
Yeah Kel I'm surprised a veteran of the community like you used to do that like buying BIG name players.

For some reason I can't!! I just can't have even one BIG name in my squad or it'll ruin the game for me which sucks :(

I don't even buy Kaebi, Kompany or Rooney or other big named youngsters WE KNOW will turn out good ... but i buy people who i think might have talent and i dont know about like Peter Whittingham (19 year old left winger) of Villa and then find out he's gonna be amazing one day which is a lot more fun than buying BEST in the WORLD.

Anyways Gueye is a 19 year old Senegalese striker... left footed... 185cm and will just get better and better but i'm not sure you need another striker at Marseille because there's too many already and you want to make sure Bomogo and Barry get enough playing time.

Marlet will just decrease probably and was never good enough anyways so maybe you could trade him for Gueye.

Frank Ribery in real life is very talented but i haven't bought him in the game also in the game hes 185 cm which is WRONG and I've changed it because he's a short tricky type of player like Malbranque or Mahdavikia. I thinnk hes 172 or something i'll check later.

As for Nasri, I just had a look and he's not in my game either.. what the hell.. fucking Konami have messed up. He's a 16 year old right wing/forward whos kinda in 1st team in real life already.

Anyways get rid of Fiorese for me Kel , I hate that fuckin guy! lol

If you need more players... tell me.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's just boring with the big named players. I discovered a new experience. It's great and it requires more to form youngsters instead of buying complete players.
Barry just scored another two gols against Feyenoord Rotterdam. In am performing very good in the second season now - three wins out of three matches so far. Perez is also a young guy, 21 years old but he's not as fast developing as Barry. But that's because he doesn't get so much playing time. Fiorese, he's a solid player but gets tired so quickly. Mostly he is only usefull for on half.

Fiorese was another fringe buy by Marseille this past season. They just buy too many average players which is why they cant' compete with Lyon anymore for the title.

Kel I understand your new discovery though ;)

In a little while you'll discover that there is also even MORE fun if you pick a team like Rennes in French League or Sochaux instead of top club like Marseille and develop them into a top team in the nation and play champions league football :D

Lol thats understandable... I don't pick by kits but i usually make 3 or 4 candidates before starting ML and I HAVE TO like their kits to be honest ;) otherwise can't sit and play seasons and seasons.

Dortmund's kits are nice... it was tempting for me.. but I passed on it to take Aston Villa to top of the ladder in Premiership. :D

That ML lasted one day before me getting bored... dunno why I just never got into that Hamburg game but they have nice squad this season!

First thing I always do and one of my fav parts when starting new ML is EVALUATING the squad.. seeing all the stats of players I don't know and then bringing them as subs to see how they perform and etc.

Benjamin Lauth for me scored a beauty against Kahn in opening match of the season which eventually finished 1-1 because Diesler scored an equally impressive goal from 23 yard or so out.

but my game crashed twice for some reason... when Almani Moreira went down so i said fuck this.. i'm not going to risk playing with this team anymore. His salary was also only ONE so I knew something was wrong. I guess its cause i messed around with files and stuff a few players have 1 for salary although i dunno how because you can't change salaries or anything like that with any methods anyways.

PLF said:
one thing that has a huge affect on your ranking beside WINNING of course is your players getting into top 5 rankings for each position.

When you have a player or two there... and your team is doing well... you seem to move up a LOT.. when there's no player on that list.... you dont improve by much.

other than that.. there's nothing you can do except win and give it more time.

Sometimes rankings are a lil bit retarded.. but if you win for 2 seasons in a row... of course you'll move up.

I turned Sochaux from last in the ranking to 16th in 3 seasons but then i got bored so its defintely possible and i didn't have HIGH average rating players in that list all the time. Just some of it... mostly during my DIV 2 games because its much easier to have higher avg rating players in there because of less amount of games.

Plf but like my rooney gets a rating of 7.5 evey match and never goes to the top five? why ?

News about Wolfsburg.
After 9 matches they suffered their first defeat: 1-2 against VFL Bochum.
They are currently 2th in the Bundesliga, 4 point behind Bayern Munich and the next match is against Bayern Munich. If Wolfsburg loosses they will be overtaken by Borrussia Dortmund and/or VFB Stuttgart....D'aleesandro is great he is current top scorer with 7 goals in 9 matches...

PLF en kel: Metz have lots of promising youngsters the most promising players is DMF Djahi, the there is Gueye and Tressor Moreno (Colombian player). unfortunately, Frank Ribery is not as good as in IRL (one of my favourite players).

juventus11 said:
Plf but like my rooney gets a rating of 7.5 evey match and never goes to the top five? why ?
Well Avg rating is I guess their Total ratings during 4-weeks or whtaever the time line is DIVIDED by # of games they play.

So something like this I guess if you're in Div 2 and only play 14 Matches

(7+7.5+6+5.5+6+7+7+7+7+6.5+6+7+7+6)
Avg Rating = -------------------------------------------------------

What i'm guessing is you only really remember the matches where Rooney gets 7.5 but if he plays 30 matches in Div 1... you play him every game i bet he doesn't get a 7.5 every game so his average ratings is probably lower than the top 5 guys.

As you can see its much easier having players in those top 5 rankings when you're in Div 2 because of the lesser amounts of games you play.

I have to say though getting on TOP 5 strikers is probably the HARDEST one. I've been on the GK, DEF ones many times but only once in top 5 strikers with Darius Vassel who's banging them in left and right!

Yes Stan, They have many good youngsters but I'm afraid they've screwed Ribery huh ? :( Metz's best player!! Fuckers even had his HEIGHT wrong so i knew something was up.

damn.. that didn't come out like how I wrote it but you get the point
Avg ratings = Whats in the brackets... divided by 14 which is total # of games in Div 2 if he plays. So if he plays only 5 games and gets 7 in those... then he'll have much higher rating.

but just dont worry about it that much... enjoy the game and your ranking will go up anyways.

I'm 55 right now and its the FIRST time Rakning was ANNOUNCED. I've never had a jump this big at begining of season. Usually the first time its announced i'm like 3 from bottom or something.

PLF said:
damn.. that didn't come out like how I wrote it but you get the point
Avg ratings = Whats in the brackets... divided by 14 which is total # of games in Div 2 if he plays. So if he plays only 5 games and gets 7 in those... then he'll have much higher rating.

but just dont worry about it that much... enjoy the game and your ranking will go up anyways.

I'm 55 right now and its the FIRST time Rakning was ANNOUNCED. I've never had a jump this big at begining of season. Usually the first time its announced i'm like 3 from bottom or something.

THAnks plf that really helps

So i'm coming to an end of my second season with Cagliari. Played the last game, and now i'm into the off-season (training & negotiations etc).
One thing that struck me as odd though, was when i looked in the 'Un-belonging" section, i saw some "respawned" players (age 17) but some of their stats where phenomenal. Carboni (the defender) had loads of "red" 90s dotted around. The same went for the GKs too. I did, however, notice that a lot of their other stats, eg teamwork and the like, were quite poor, but it just seemed very odd. I think Nokami have handled this ageing player/stat increase & decrease rather poorly. That and a load of players (a lot of South American ones) at the wrong age. eg Henao, the "Once Caldas" keeper, is like 19 or 20 in the game, whereas he his actually in his 30s.

profnutm.jpg

Cagliari news

Cagliari's second season in Serie A saw them finish 5th in the table for a second year running. But for a last minute Caracciolo goal away to Brescia, Cagliari were looking to finish in 4th spot. Parma's 1-0 home win against Siena saw them leapfrog the Sardinian side at the final hurdle.
Both the director and manager are once again pleased, however, to have brought European football to the Stadio Sant’Elia for a second term running. Last season saw a good run, eventually being knocked out of the WEFA Cup quarter-finals by PSG.

Transfers (so far)

A new season often means new signings. Cagliari hope to re-open negotiations with Argentnian keeper Germán Lux, after contract talks broke down during last January's transfer window.
It's thought that Shabani Nonda's high wages may see him move on, and the club are willing to listen to offers for the African Stiker.

OUT
Stopper, Simone Loria, has left the club on a Bosman and is currently searching for a new club.

IN
Midfielder, Maurizio Ciaramitaro has signed a 3 year deal from Serie B side, AC Cesena.
ciaramitaro.jpg

Defender, Giuseppe Scurto has signed from AS Roma on a 3 year contract
4607.jpg

Defender Michele Canini, previously at Atalanta Bergamo, has signed a 3 year deal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Hi mate,

Nice one. Good to see you are fast becoming the Harry Redknapp of Serie A with your wheeling and dealing!

What's your lineup/formation looking like for the coming season ?

Db

-

Bodily perfect

Rene Higuita - sacked by his club Aucas for his second positive cocaine test in two years - says he's not addicted. 'It's nothing - just a hobby,' says Higuita, 38. The test came a week after he tried to dribble the length of the pitch against El Nacional: he was tackled by defender Eric de Jesus, who scored from the halfway line. 'I thought about retiring, but that would be so wrong. I am bodily perfect. I will be back.'

Hi db, lol at the Higuita story.

Well, i don't really want to see that many new faces, as it can disrupt a squad. We have a good foundation to build upon, but we're obviously lacking something somewhere. It would be nice to push for a top 3 or 4 place for example.
I may be selling Nonda, as youngster, D'Acol Joaquim, who i bought from Olympiakos last season, looks set to make more regular first team appearances, as he has improved greatly. Our other startlet, 19 year old stiker, Rossetti, looks as if he'll remain a bit part player for the time being. But he's certainly one for the future. Perhaps he may enjoy a season loaned out. We shall see.
As for my line up. We have been very effective in our 4-3-3 formation. I'm very much a "4 at the back" manager, ahead of the 4, well that can change accordingly. I think, however, the 4-3-3 may have been our undoing from time to time. Altough we never suffer heavy defeats, we do tend not to be able to kill off a game, and we've often let sides back, either to equalise or win. I must say though, our 3 upfront, 2 wingers and a big target man striker in the middle, has payed dividends. This season, Rolando Bianchi registered 28 goals via this method, making him the Serie A top scorer. It can really open up defences. My line up for next season is undedcided as yet, but it may look very similar to last season. I want to put my squad through some pre-season friendlies first (Besiktas, VfL Wolfsburg, Partizan Belgrade) and see if any of the newcomers catch my eye. Here's my initial 1st XI line up:

---------------Agliardi(GK)

-----------Natali---Galliquio
Maicon------------------------Agostini

-------------Mascherano
-----Conti-----------------Donnet

Esposito-------------------Suazo
---------------Bianchi

If i choose to revert to a 4-4-2, Suazo would tuck in on the left flank beside Donnet, and Esposito would play alongside or just off Bianchi.

The moment has finally come... I've had it with playing as juve!

I still want to play as juventus, but it's just to easy..
So I have decided to start a new ML soon, and i'll play with an 'eredivisie' team. I don't know which one yet though, any suggestions?

:shock: :shock: Are you sure? You're not going to change your mind? :mrgreen: Welcome to the world of starting new MLs with different teams ;) Only kidding. I was going to start my next one with a Dutch side. I initially thought of PSV, but i'm very interested in Heerenveen.

Yes, but not THAT young. I can't imagine his growth curve being very impressive. Oh well, it'll make it more of a challenge.

I always wanted to ask the following, but always forgot to: Do you guys edit a lot of appearances? Especially after buying a certain (not so famous) player?

( I do).

Goood... this is turning out rather nice with each one of us having our games evolve and go into seasons with new expectations and new signings.

Professor's stories are fucking brilliant and I have to say Prof, I really like the way you play your games... i think me and you got a lot in common... I can see now you're going to your 3rd season and your starting 11 without a few players is still original Cagliari players which I RESPECT! For me the game loses authenticity and i just lose interest if i replace all my starting 11 pretty much for better players... i mean of course there's a better DL than Jlloyd Samuel or a better forward than Angel who's even declining in stats but sometimes its about loyalty and also keeping the core of the team the same.
I hope you still put videos of your goals and goals you concede up as its a brilliant feature of your stories and one that me and others dont have the opportunity to do :( otherwise I'd do it for sure. (How much do those cameras cost?)

Anyways, as for DeniroBob, lol @ that Higuita story man.. the guy's really Fu C k Ed lol.

@Don, lol.... glad to see you finally get bored with your Juve game ;). Games with big clubs get boring especially if you dont put a limit on your # of transfers and improve your squad rapidly.. i mean even my games with mid-table clubs get boring if i dont watch who i buy and trade in my original players for better ones.

But I personally wouldn't go to Eredivisie myself because of 2 reasons:

1) I love Ajax but won't use them because they're too good and without buying anyone i could easily win the league hence you have same situation as your Juve game and getting bored.

2) IF you DONT want to pick BIG clubs like PSV, Feyenoord and Ajax like me and always go for crappier clubs.... then I'd pick AZ or Herenveen but still the DIVISION is too weak and you wont get much challenge from beside top 3 teams... other clubs are really crap so you wont be surprised like in SEria A where every team could provide a descent challenge or same in England or Spain. but its up to you.

As for myself and something I thought i'd share with you guys.... I've not SETUP a few descent RULES for myself when starting ML which keeps my games longevity MORE and I lose INTEREST very little which I'd like to share and maybe you guys agree or dont agree with some but anyways it has helped me out to keep my games... from getting boring so here it is:

• Max 3 new players brought in each season. (This means by season 3 you're allowed to have 9 players in your squad that weren't originally there if you use all your 3 buys/trades of course.)
  • When buying new player... think about in realistic terms.. would he come to your team in real life?? Now of course as you finish higher and higher up the table you can attract bigger stars and you dont have to compare it with your real life Club's current situation but still... my Villa side finished 2nd in the league this year but Sheva wouldnt come to my team in real life.... so even though I had a chance to buy him.... I didn't cuz it'd ruin the game
  • Do NOT replace ORIGINAL players of the team you started with from starting line-up with better players UNLESS they played badly.

ex. This one is real important for me. Means if Peter Whittingham or Samuel for example... are playing good.... dont go buying a better LM or DL the next season and bench your original Villa players for them unless he played badly throughtout season.
  • FINALLY: Try to develop the youngstres of the club you started with instead of buying new young talents and replacing them and developing those. Unless of course you can see some crap young player has also CRAP potential and will NEVER be good enough for your team.
    ex. Steven Davis of Villa has good potential but crap current stats... dont trade him for a better youngster from another team especially since Davis isn't even in your 1st team. Try to develop club's own assets first.
These were just a set of rules that have helped me. This way when I follow these rules, my starting 11 and overall the # of changes in my SQUAD aren't THAT MUCH for me not to feel like i'm playing as Villa or that team anymore.
I urge you all to at least follow some of these rules if you like and I think some of us already do.

Anyways, that was a long post. In my next post.. i'm going to try to do a little Story with perhaps pics and stuff like Prof has been doing to see how it goes.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom