The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Thanks PLF...
Well finally i succeeded to buy a couiple of decent looking players: Deico a Brazilian 20 year old OMF (does anybody knows for which team he plays IRL) and the Iranian full back Dagaka.
My Metz team are no longer top of the table. I played 1-1 against Lyon, dominated them totally missed loads of chaces and after 82 minutes they equalised. Result: AS Monaco is the new leader one point clear of 4 teams: Nantes, L'OM, Lille and Metz....

Oh and before i forget, Zlatan how is it possible that you lower yourself to post in this thread where all the other posters are sad pathetic loosers who have no friends and who can't even play Pro Evo...

If i read posts like that, i'm glad that i'm mediocre. ML is still a big challenge for me...
It's just some harmless fun for me... and the fact that i'm not good doesn't bother me at all...

Sorry for the reaction but your post was not necessary...

Last edited:
gerd said:
Thanks PLF...
Well finally i succeeded to buy a couiple of decent looking players: Deico a Brazilian 20 year old OMF (does anybody knows for which team he plays IRL) and the Iranian full back Dagaka.
My Metz team are no longer top of the table. I played 1-1 against Lyon, dominated them totally missed loads of chaces and after 82 minutes they equalised. Result: AS Monaco is the new leader one point clear of 4 teams: Nantes, L'OM, Lille and Metz....

Hi mate

That Iranian chap is actually Hossein Kaebi who plays for the rather impressively named Foolad Khuzestan.

"Hossein Kaebi - Club: Foolad Khuzestan - 18 years of age, enough said. This speedy right-back has been compared with the likes of some of the fastest defenders in the world. He defends, by attacking. His streaking runs up and down that right flank have become a regular routine for the squad and an absolute nightmare to all who oppose. He put the icing on the cake in the AFC-OFC final with a clever run down that right flank and a cheeky nudge into the near post right past the keeper. He gives 100% throughout the whole of the match and has become a real fixture in the squad. His ability to draw penalties from any defense is outstanding and he had a very mature showing at the Asian Cup. His assist to Ali Karimi’s first goal vs. South Korea was top notch and so was the rest of his game. Though his age would make you think otherwise, Hossein Kaebi has lived up to the occasion."

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/international/EpAFklFFyZZqUBylTt.shtml

I've just finished, the tail end of the training/friendlies/negotiations season. It's been very successful. Training got quite addictive actually. I dipped into tthe transfer market several times too, enought to bolster my squad for the new season which will include European football in the form of the WEFA Cup. I'm happy to see that when you put a player on the transfer list, it works well. 2 of 3 players receiving 3 separate offers, and 1 player receiving two offers.
I've predominantly brought in young talent to replace a depleted ageing/retiring squad. I'll try and remember some names i've brought in during this off season period.

Agilardi: (ITA) young keeper from Atalanta (competeing for the No.1 spot)

Vitali: (ITA) young verstaile Defensive player CBT/CBW/DMF (a youthful promising reserve)
Piccolo: (ITA) good defender
Natali: (ITA) solid defender from Udinese. Straight into the back line.
Maicon: (BRA) SB, free from Monaco

Sissoko: (FRA) midfielder free from Valencia
Liguera: (URU) creative OMF. Happy to get the No.10 jersey. Not neccessarily a starter though.
Yapi-Yapo: (CIV) skillful midfielder. The best name in PES4.

Rossini: (ITA) youthful reserve. Promising striker
Nonda: (DRC) free from Monaco. Signed to sell as a profit. Expensive
Joaquim: (BRA) young striker poached from Olympiakos. Has bags of talent.

I'll post my full squad when the new season starts.

Professor Nutmeg.

denirobob said:
what a corker of a question mate.

Nobody likes shite on the sidelines, but from a personal point of view where possible (usually depending on opposition) I try to rest my most important players if their meter has begun to go down.

In WE8/PES3 I tried to ensure I pretty much had cover for each position and had one or two players who could come in now and again and perform a "cameo" role. In particular Mohammed Al Shlhoub "The Riyadh Pocket Rocket" springs to mind. I think the young lad lacked the self confidence/maturity to perform week in week out but seemed to excel when given the chance to replace one of the clubs bigger names for the odd game.

Perhaps, you need a few Clayton Blackmore types, who are able to perform from time to time but you wouldn't trust with a longrun in the side ?

Hmm... thanks db. Will keep an eye out for those Blackmores you speak of. ATM Ive still got the default ML players except for my two Japanese imports who I managed to get v cheap. Need some more cash...

denirobob said:
Hi mate

That Iranian chap is actually Hossein Kaebi who plays for the rather impressively named Foolad Khuzestan.

"Hossein Kaebi - Club: Foolad Khuzestan - 18 years of age, enough said. This speedy right-back has been compared with the likes of some of the fastest defenders in the world. He defends, by attacking. His streaking runs up and down that right flank have become a regular routine for the squad and an absolute nightmare to all who oppose. He put the icing on the cake in the AFC-OFC final with a clever run down that right flank and a cheeky nudge into the near post right past the keeper. He gives 100% throughout the whole of the match and has become a real fixture in the squad. His ability to draw penalties from any defense is outstanding and he had a very mature showing at the Asian Cup. His assist to Ali Karimi’s first goal vs. South Korea was top notch and so was the rest of his game. Though his age would make you think otherwise, Hossein Kaebi has lived up to the occasion."

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/international/EpAFklFFyZZqUBylTt.shtml
hahhaaa..... good one DeniroBob ;) :applause:

Every post you make impresses me even more. Now you're digging into PErsian websites to get info even when i'm not here ;)

So where you from?

Anything on Deito chaps????
This Deito proves to be a very good signing. Was easily the best player in the return against St-Etienne...Good match that was (QF div 1 cup, first leg 3-2 and not 3-3 like i wrote above...forgot to save...), 1 had to win since "les Stéphanais" had won their home leg. Started very offensive, had lots of good chances but no goals and after 21 minutes first counter and 0-1 by Le Tallec...Not exactly a man overboard but i was very happy when Tum equalised with a thunderous shot round the 42th minute (good paas from Deito).
Second half: first attack, a run down the flank from Renouard, center, header by Tum keeper saves but Tressor Moreno scores in the rebound: 2-1...
Finally i won the match by 4-1...another (penalty) goal by Tressor Moreno and Deito's first goal for Metz.
Next match was against Lille (one of the teams that beat us...) an easy 0-2 win again with Deito in an outstanding role.

This is my team:

----------------------------- Wimbee -----------------------------

------------------------- Borbiconi--------------------------------
---------------------------------- Meniri--------------------------

Hossein Kaebi----------------------------------------Signorino

---------------------------Djiba--------------------------------

-------------------------------------Deito------------------------

----Ribery------------------------------------------Renouard------

--------------------------Tressor Moreno (or Gueye)--------------

--------------------TUM-----------------------------------------------

PLF said:
hahhaaa..... good one DeniroBob ;) :applause:

Every post you make impresses me even more. Now you're digging into PErsian websites to get info even when i'm not here ;)

So where you from?

hello my friend,

very kind of you to say. I'm sure that I offend/infuriate many other people in equal measure.

Far be it from me to steal your thunder, but in your absence that was the best i could come up with. I'm sure there's plenty of far better Farsi language footy sites out there but unfortuantly that was the best i could find.

My Uncle spent quite a few years living in Iran back in the 70's, he was working for an Italian company and loved it. He's far more travelled than my folks, therefore unfortuantly I was born in Reading (England) and am still living there now.

There is hope on the horizon however, as my g/f is from Madeira and that seems a very aggreable place to live & bring up children, something that probably isn't too many years away now.

Db

Stan said:
Anything on Deito chaps????
This Deito proves to be a very good signing. Was easily the best player in the return against St-Etienne...Good match that was (QF div 1 cup, first leg 3-2 and not 3-3 like i wrote above...forgot to save...), 1 had to win since "les Stéphanais" had won their home leg. Started very offensive, had lots of good chances but no goals and after 21 minutes first counter and 0-1 by Le Tallec...Not exactly a man overboard but i was very happy when Tum equalised with a thunderous shot round the 42th minute (good paas from Deito).
Second half: first attack, a run down the flank from Renouard, center, header by Tum keeper saves but Tressor Moreno scores in the rebound: 2-1...
Finally i won the match by 4-1...another (penalty) goal by Tressor Moreno and Deito's first goal for Metz.
Next match was against Lille (one of the teams that beat us...) an easy 0-2 win again with Deito in an outstanding role.

This is my team:

----------------------------- Wimbee -----------------------------

------------------------- Borbiconi--------------------------------
---------------------------------- Meniri--------------------------

Hossein Kaebi----------------------------------------Signorino

---------------------------Djiba--------------------------------

-------------------------------------Deito------------------------

----Ribery------------------------------------------Renouard------

--------------------------Tressor Moreno (or Gueye)--------------

--------------------TUM-----------------------------------------------

I wonder if this Deito fellow is actually Diego of Porto (ex-Santos) age & position seem right ?

are Porto in your ML mate ?

Professor Nutmeg said:
We like to do our research eh db ;)

Absolutely Proff.

I wish I could speak/understand a lot more languages to enjoy the delights of L'Equipe, Marca and Gazzetta (ala James Richardson sipping on a cappacino) along with the multitude of websites out there dedicated to the other various leagues/clubs.

Hopefully one day my Portuguese will improve to a level where it wont take me about a day to read the frontpage of A Bola!

Do you ever get to see Futbol Mondial btw ? was watching it last night and they were showing the final round of the Swedish league and then discussing the Royal Cup which involves the top 4 teams from Sweden, Norway & Denmark with a grand final in may. They were focusing primarily on these 2 strikers who play for Halmstadts (one of whom was on loan from Malmo - who pipped Halmstsdts to the title.) His strike partner was Lebanese and presumably well known back home.

I really hope for WE9/PES5 they are able to add more teams & players like these - as i was left feeling that's a real shame i can't buy these two "potential" ML stalwarts.

bob

Hi db, yeah i watch Futbol Mundial, along with all other kinds of footy progs like Football Asia, Eurogoals etc. I bet you like Eurogoals. All those leagues, (Portuguese, Dutch, French, Italian, German, Belgian, English, Spanish). A good prog to spot talent too. I noticed a DMF called Landzaat from FC Utrecht this way. Eurosport also shows highlights of all the UEFA Cup matches, the same evening, even the "FC Who" or "Where the hell are they from!" matches. I just like to know what' shappening around Europe, even in the smaller leagues.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Hi db, yeah i watch Futbol Mundial, along with all other kinds of footy progs like Football Asia, Eurogoals etc. I bet you like Eurogoals. All those leagues, (Portuguese, Dutch, French, Italian, German, Belgian, English, Spanish). A good prog to spot talent too. I noticed a DMF called Landzaat from FC Utrecht this way. Eurosport also shows highlights of all the UEFA Cup matches, the same evening, even the "FC Who" or "Where the hell are they from!" matches. I just like to know what' shappening around Europe, even in the smaller leagues.

Eurogoals is a classic mate! Def agree its a place to spot the the rough diamonds. I think they covered the Turkish league too last year. Utrecht they said this week was the hardest venue for opposing teams to visit in the Netherlands which was something new to me - presumably due to the fans ?

I like Eurosport a lot, but I'm pretty fed up that they seem to have ditced their French coverage this season. Last year it wasn't every week by any means but certainly theyu must hve shown around 10-15 live games during the season.

IMO they have one of the best commentators (his name escapes me at the mo - Alex something ?) but he does everything inc African Nations etc.. He genuinely seems to know his stuff and doesnt sound like he just read up a bit on the net before he started the broadcast.

Actually I'm intersted in finding out about other satellite systems other than Sky Digital, on the old Analogue system you could pick up loads of European channels like DSF & Rai but now apart from Spanish Internationals on TVE International its pretty bleak. My g/f wants to get TV Cabo which is a Portuguese Sky equivalent which would be cool, but Id rather get all the other Euro stations too.

Db

Started new ML with Barcelona, I got a little bored with my old one

They seem to have a small squad on the game so ill buy some youths when the transfer window opens

Prof - How did you set your ML up again ? What teams in what leagues

cheers

denirobob said:
Eurogoals is a classic mate! Def agree its a place to spot the the rough diamonds. I think they covered the Turkish league too last year. Utrecht they said this week was the hardest venue for opposing teams to visit in the Netherlands which was something new to me - presumably due to the fans ?

I like Eurosport a lot, but I'm pretty fed up that they seem to have ditced their French coverage this season. Last year it wasn't every week by any means but certainly theyu must hve shown around 10-15 live games during the season.

IMO they have one of the best commentators (his name escapes me at the mo - Alex something ?) but he does everything inc African Nations etc.. He genuinely seems to know his stuff and doesnt sound like he just read up a bit on the net before he started the broadcast.

Actually I'm intersted in finding out about other satellite systems other than Sky Digital, on the old Analogue system you could pick up loads of European channels like DSF & Rai but now apart from Spanish Internationals on TVE International its pretty bleak. My g/f wants to get TV Cabo which is a Portuguese Sky equivalent which would be cool, but Id rather get all the other Euro stations too.

Db

French football coverage has in fact switched from Eurosport to Chanel 4 in the UK. The first show is on at 3.35am this coming Saturday night/Sunday morning and features delayed "as live" coverage of Lyon vs Nantes from 'Le Championnat'. Apparently Channel 4 will be showing some live matches starting in January. I guess Eurosport have decided to devote their live football coverage almost exclusively to Serie A for the time being.

Swifty said:
French football coverage has in fact switched from Eurosport to Chanel 4 in the UK. The first show is on at 3.35am this coming Saturday night/Sunday morning and features delayed "as live" coverage of Lyon vs Nantes from 'Le Championnat'. Apparently Channel 4 will be showing some live matches starting in January. I guess Eurosport have decided to devote their live football coverage almost exclusively to Serie A for the time being.

cheers mate for this interesting info. just a shame really (re: the time) as there sat avo live games were usually good fare.

Ironic isn't it, that Channel 4 dumped Serie A and are now trying to get back into the market with what can only be described (much as i think Le Championnat is underated) as an inferior product.

Db

Hey I'm back Denirobob, nice to know about your uncle living there.
so you say you were born in Reading and live there but whats your background?? Italian parents? or English?

Yeah there are some Farsi language Persian sites but i don't read them anyways as its much easier for me to do everythin in English now and reading it is hard and words are hard for me to understand ;)

You know its intesresting because i'm 17 and lived in Iran so did everythin in Farsi till grade 7 thats 6 years ago. Then I come to Canada for 6 years (4 years less than Iran) and now its HARD for me to read and write in Farsi.

Anyways, I was also gonna correct you on that Landzaat bit but Don beat me to it ;)\

He's not really a big or young talent either. He's a descent player at AZ Alkmaar and always been one of that team's best players during past 4-5 seasons. He's descent player nothing too special but he's not young either, I think hes around 26 now and in Holland national team nowadays.

Anyways i'm out for now.

you guys enjoy yourself ;)

PLF said:
Hey I'm back Denirobob, nice to know about your uncle living there.
so you say you were born in Reading and live there but whats your background?? Italian parents? or English?

Hi mate

Just English, your common or garden variety, although all being well, future generations of denirobobs or bobettes will have a significant portion of latin blood pulsing through their veins and various languages tripping off their tongues.

db

Hi DD, sorry, i meant AZ. I was thinking Utrecht at the time, as i have been checking out some of their players. They have had a good run in the league.

Metallica. I started in Div1 and made it Serie A, ie i filled it with all the Italian teams possible, then added the last 4 Italian teams into Div 2. The remaining 4 slots, i think i added AC Ajaccio, Levante, teams like that, hoping that the Italian clubs would win promotion.
The 3 other leagues i filled with teams likely to be in Europe, be it in the CL, UEFA, or having entered via the Intertoto Cup. You might as well mix them up as good as possible, ie there's no point putting loads of quality sides in one division, as only the top few will be in Europe. Mix up the countries too, add a bit of salt, stir and taste ;)

Last edited:
denirobob said:
Hi mate

Just English, your common or garden variety, although all being well, future generations of denirobobs or bobettes will have a significant portion of latin blood pulsing through their veins and various languages tripping off their tongues.

db

It sounds serious mate. Will we be seeing the denirobob wedding thread? :lol:
Good luck to you. :applause:

hi pal, well possibly next year. currently looking for a gaff at the moment. Be hard to maintain both that and the Hot Women one, but I have always believed that marital bliss can co-exist comfortably with hot import models and glamour queens.

I should be excited that the "Deito"-guy could be Diego (no Db, Porto was not in my ML...). But i can restart my ML, i must have wiped the file out somehow...maybe it' a bug maybe it's my PS2, but yesterday when i wanted to load my ML...i saw a fil ML with...Austria!!!!
Of course i could not load it and that was that....so a new ML for me....
Shit!!!!

Oh and guys, i think AZ67 is the most attractive team in the Dutch ligue nowadays....they have a very good Belgian attacker...Stein Huysegems...scored a beauty of a goal against Auxerre in the UEFA cup lately...

Oh and guys, i think AZ67 is the most attractive team in the Dutch ligue nowadays....they have a very good Belgian attacker...Stein Huysegems...scored a beauty of a goal against Auxerre in the UEFA cup lately...
Yeah AZ brought in several quality players 2 seasons ago and were expected to maybe finally challenge for the the title with BIG 3 but never did really as they were inconsistent.

Utrecht seems like a better team ;) and to go and win at Utrecht is crazy!!!!!

Stein Huyegems is 25 year old pacey belgian striker left-footed i think off top of my head, the guy was IMMENSE in CM4!!!!

Used to score over 40 league goals in Eredivisie but he was highly over-rated ;) in that game.

Last edited:
Landzaat is 28 and a very good player. Feyenoord wanted to buy him from his last club Willem II but Willem II never accepted the offers from Feyenoord, so it never came to a transfer for him.. I thought Landzaat playes some ''lost'' seasons for Willem II. And then finally AZ did Willem II a good offer and Landzaat is playing now on very very high level.. Feyenoord and Ajax are watching him. He is a very good player and definaltely good enough for the Top in at least Holland..

Stein Huyegems is 23 or 22 dont know for sure. But also a great player. The top 3 in holland wanted to buy him too but as you know he chose for AZ.
AZ is doing very good now, they always had a very good squad which was payed very good (Because AZ has a chairman which is bloody rich and which pumps for sure money into AZ Alkmaar). So AZ was always a bit lack on the field. But since Co Adriaanse is trainer AZ swings like hell. They play by far the best football from Holland and watch them too in Europe cause Auxerre nothing against AZ either..

Mm wise AZ lessons from GFK :)

O yeah, I started a ML with 1.FC Nurnberg.. they have some very nice players (check the CF and SB ;))

Cheers

You're right GFK! I totally forgot Lendzaat used to be at Willem II, I agree he's defintely good enough for big dutch team.

Why didn't you start ML with AZ and make them Eredivisie champions??

Nurnberg has a really good striker in real life i forgot his name but the guy is top-scorer in bundesliga right now i think.

Finally started the ML in division 1 with my beloved Juve(match-mode players).

Played several serie A matches and the first leg of the first tie of the coppa italia which I won 1-0 against Cagliari with a secondstring side.

I'm at the top of the table in serie A with just a few points on Inter, Milan and surprise package Udinese. The difference between my Juve and them is that I won the clashes against Inter, Milan and Udinese. I try to rotate my strikers (Del Piero, Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic and Zalayeta), Del Piero getting the most playing time due to great form and Zalayeta the least.
Nedved and Zebina are in particular good form.
Defensive-wise Juve should be good, but it looked a bit shaky in the first three matches. The form has picked up now and I tend to concede no goals or little.

Development-wise I try to give in-the-game-underrated Ruben Olivera a lot of playing time (mainly as a sub though) as an effort to develop him. Going very slowly though, more players are getting percentages especially Blasi but no additional stat for any player yet; trezeguet might be the first, as he his shot technique percentage is already up to 80%.

The only problem at the moment is fullback Zambrotta. I want to give him an attacking role, but when I give him an arrow forward he seems to tire pretty fast despite his 90 stamina. Any tips?

Zambrotta is amazing!!!!

Is he on normal defensive or HIGH?
Also I noticed full-backs just seem to tire more but it depends on how much you run with the guy with your hands on R1 all the time?

other than that... i can't think of much more you can do! Maybe NOT give him attacking arrows because in PES4 I noticed fullbacks do the overlapping run anyways if you dont give ANY arrows and they dont get caught up as mucha s when you give attacking arrow.

After my misadventure with Metz (lost it...) i started a new ML with real Sociedad.
Much tougher though: tougher league, a team with players who develop less,...
First match: a 3-0 loss against Real Madrid (+ a red card for Westerveld), a 1-1 against Mallorca (they deserved more), a 0-1 win against Sevilla (they deserved more), a 1-1 against Espanyol (i deserved more) and the next match is against Barcelona...
Especially forward Kovacevic is a player that don't suits me, he has prety good stats but i just keep missing big chances with the man, he should be one of the best headers in the game (96) but every central back in the game wins headers agianst him...a very tough beginning, but that makes it a bigger challenge...

Back
Top Bottom