The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread

Which PES 2012 version do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course it's PR Spin to try and get better reviews, They are not going to come out and say there game is not AAA but infact merely an A. You guys seem pretty obsessed by movies...i have not heard the term AAA to describe a movie once and this is where your getting confused by "blockbuster" & AAA they are not the same thing.

AAA usually refers to very high production values. It's not used so much for movies, true, but that doesn't mean it isn't, nor does it alter the meaning of the term when applied to one or the other. Besides, you not knowing or hearing something is not really a valid argument, otherwise you'd be virtually untouchable in any debate.

Careful mate they will pounce as they are right and anyone who doesn't agree with their clique is wrong.
Not anyone, no. You, mainly. And it has nothing to do with cliques - you're perfectly good at being wrong all by yourself.

Last edited:
AAA usually refers to very high production values. It's not used so much for movies, true, but that doesn't mean it isn't, nor does it alter the meaning of the term when applied to one or the other. Besides, you not knowing or hearing something is not really a valid argument, otherwise you'd be virtually untouchable in any debate.

Not anyone, no. You, mainly. And it has nothing to do with cliques - you're perfectly good at being wrong all by yourself.

Perfect picture i choose then eh sums you's up nicely.

Last edited:
Shikashi even agreed with everyone else besides you, but you told him to be careful as we will pounce?

Ah, Johnny. This is basic stuff.

Shikashi even agreed with everyone else besides you, but you told him to be careful as we will pounce?

Ah, Johnny. This is basic stuff.

Triple A is a nonsense PR term? Really?

Tbh it's starting to get far too childish but you keep it coming sunshine if this is how you get your midweek kicks. :BOP:

Last edited:
AAA was pretty much conceived to describe games with a high production budget.

How in the blue moon have you ascribed your own individual definition to it and by doing so proclaimed the intended definition is actually incorrect?

Also seriously stop paying attention to review scores (you don't even seem to pay attention to the bodies of text that is the actual review). It's ridiculous. Those numbers are pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things. Let's say reviews didn't use numbers, it wouldn't change a thing about the intrinsic quality of the actual review (i.e the text). You'd just have to concentrate on reading it and gathering your own subjective opinion about the subjective review. How the heck would an AAA game even work in your world then?

Last edited:
I look around various forums for PES and what remains consistent is folks talking about how they still play the likes of PES5, PES6 on PS2; speak very positively of PES2009,2011 and 2012 on Wii, and you even have some who still play the pretty slim version of PES6 on 360 too. Taking that into consideration, along with the fact that on a pure technical level these games are using weaker technology than that found in current - gen PES2012, I find it mad to rule out a future game based on it's engine alone and that ultimately the majority of people don't really know what an engine is and certainly don't know what could be achieved with PES' current engine. Nobody other than the developers themselves know what is possible with the tools they are using at the moment, though that is not to say some uber-jump is possible.

To be fair, it's unbelievable. What brought people to the series in the first place? The games you mentioned and further "inferior" versions on the PS1. And now all of a sudden, Konami's answer is a new engine? A new engine which no one has ever played? Wow.

The base of the game is there. It's still the same PES we all know and love. The reason why people can still feel the "magic", however rare it is. What turns people away in droves are the awful animations and some retarted defensive AI scripting. If they can fix the animations so that, say for instance, all the this clippling doesn't happen, the games already 20% "better". It will feel right. It just feels lame at the moment because the ball is passing through players bodies.

Give some weight back to the defence, by removing 95% of the skills. They are useless. Back in the day, we had a stepover. That was it. Were Fifa had their double tap O bicycle kicks, R2 drag backs and 360's all over the place, the game was never better. It's like Konami can see their game failing, and have looked at Fifa and gone, "Well, we can try and entice kids to our game by throwing in a load of tricks". The problem isn't the skills themselves, it's the killing of the defensive side to make the skills effective. I guess they don't need to remove them, but it cannot be to the detriment of defending.

They need to get rid of the gimmicky card shite. Rate speed like it was, on about PES 5/6. Enough to be a difference, but not enough that you find it impossible to defend once you're beaten. Now, in real life, if you're beaten, that's it. I think PES has taken it to a bit of an extreme though.

And if they gives us keepers which can save a pea roller from 25 yards we will all be delighted. I know Seabass is cautious with the keepers, but Christ, it just takes the biscuit right now. Make them good, just once, and see how much better the game is.

The game is on the right track. They need to iron out and fix some awful flaws. But all this talk of a new engine is nonsense. I mean, is the game really going to be much different from what it is now? It's the same guy in charge, with near enough the same ideologies of football as 20 years ago.

I guess though we will continue to get some drab area of the game, that ultimately kills it, until they stop making it for PS2.

AAA was pretty much conceived to describe games with a high production budget.

How in the blue moon have you ascribed your own individual definition to it and by doing so proclaimed the intended definition is actually incorrect?

Also seriously stop paying attention to review scores (you don't even seem to pay attention to the bodies of text that is the actual review). It's fucking ridiculous. Those numbers are pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things. Let's say reviews didn't use numbers, it wouldn't change a thing about the intrinsic quality of the actual review (i.e the text). You'd just have to concentrate on reading it and gathering your own subjective opinion about the subjective review. How the heck would an AAA game even work in your world then?

http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/24355777

http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26173241

http://www.quora.com/What-does-AAA-mean-in-AAA-title-game

http://thegamebakers.com/award-winn...”-to-deliver-aaa-games-on-mobile-devices.html

^^So they mobile games are getting high production budgets are they? I'l answer for you....no they are not.

I thank you...

Values, production values. It doesn't mean the game get's a huge budget for development exclusively. It isn't measured in graphical capability or what is on the screen alone. Values can relate to the marketing spend, the size of the team in relation to the project, the profile of a production lead and so on.

When considering a mobile game, you can still produce a high production value product.

No wonder you need review scores.

Last edited:

Taken from the body of one of those articles you linked

'Having worked on AAA titles including Tom Clancy’s EndWar™ and Splinter Cell Double Agent™, Leprince and Thoa are accustomed to building traditional console games that require 200-person teams, millions of dollars, and years to develop'

http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/splinter+cell+double+agent/results

http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/splinter+cell+double+agent/results

So the article describes those games as AAA games (assuming that to be because of production values) and refutes your logic about AAA games having to be rated 90 on metacritic.

It also took me about 2 minutes to counter your argument.

Honestly you're so damn stupid you're going on my block list.

Also i really surprised no one else has picked up on this....

PES is released in October each year, They say PES 2014 will be the one with new engine etc so that means it will be out in October 2013...the new console's wont likely be out by then....possibly and it's a big possibly the new Xbox could be out but certainly not the new Playstation.

That tell's me Konami are just making things up as they go along and PES 2014 will be out on current console's still using the PS2 engine that PES 2008-2013 have used.

You got 2 more games like the current offering to look forward to at least. What makes you think they can solve the PS4?

I guess the point is that I doubt I'll buy PES2013 because it will be a slight upgrade, so yeah I agree with you on that front. There is always hope that it'll be marginally better than the last game but ultimately I do think they'll charge £40 so I probably won't be buying it. I'm happy though because the next gen consoles really aren't too far away and I'm happy to not play any more PES until the new consoles come out.

Take, I don't know, say, Bioshock as an example. It's one of my favourite game franchises. I was happy to wait three or so years for Bioshock 2 to come out, and it'll have been the same time period again by the time Bioshock Infinite is released. But I don't really care because I'd rather they didn't rush the game. Its the same for almost all franchises, Modern Warfare and sports titles aside. And you know what? Most of the yearly updated titles have grown old very quickly.

If people are fans of a game that takes two years to make between each title then I don't get the huge panic when people see that we might not have a true PES sequel until a couple of years' time. It's really no different to any other game. And if Konami do try and fob us off with full price games that are barely updated sequels until a true next gen game comes out then just don't buy them.

Like I keep saying, I'd rather have no game to play for a year or so then have a true next gen experience when the new consoles come out than have constant games being released that aren't quite up to scratch.

Save yourself a few bucks. Buy FIFA 12 play that for a couple of years as EA isn't doing anything worth the upgrade the next year most probably 2. As for Konami I wouldn't give them a red cent.

No, you are absolutely correct Northzzz. An AAA title is not one that scores well, but one in which a publisher often puts it's full marketing might behind as well as putting money into their development. A lot of money.

Assassin's Creed
Call of Duty
Grand Theft Auto
Final Fantasy
Gran Turismo
FIFA

These are examples of bona fide AAA games. Note also that these games have the ability to enter the conscience of non-gamers and even though they may never actually play them, they are aware of them. note, I say they can have the ability, not that it is the rule.

Scores more often than not tend to be good for AAA games but the score is really inconsequential. Dead Space happened to score great and happened to have great production values yet was still not considered AAA, particularly by it's publisher.

You forgot Uncharted.

Honestly what are people on, on here?!?

PES can be bad at times, PES modded can be excellent. But WHATEVER you do on FIFA past World CLass level (sliders et al) it will still always be TOTALLY scripted.

Here's what a guy said on another forum, and after having played lots of FIFA recently changing settings etc, I couldn't agree more with him -

"It is blatantly scripted for two simple reasons.

1. To cover up poor coding and design. If the game played 'pure', it wouldn't take long for several exploits and cheap tactics to be found that would work every game. The coding simply isn't good enough to prevent this and then EA would be constantly patching. The momentum stirs things up enough that the cheap goals happen, just not every time.

2. To keep the casual gamer interested. Anyone can pick the game up and have a chance at winning without being a hardcore footballer."

Please peeps lets get things into perspective here!

Has everyone forgotten how bad FIFA can play, even with everything going for it in the animations department?

Do you not play Career Mode and see unbelievable events happening before your eyes? Do you not see no difference between Carlisle and Barcelona? Do you not, like clockwork, see 45/90 minutes goials, your entire defence opening up, the CPU having one shot and scoring and you having 17 shots and hitting the post four times?

Please guys....all this FIFA drooling is making me sick. Just look at the FIFA forums for Christ's sake, and almost all the hardcore players are absolutely slamming the game. I knew it would happen, most people saw it coming. Once the gloss falls off FIFA it is in fact a very bad bad. I enjoyed FIFA11 flaws and all, but this years effort, after sustained plays, is just totally scripted, momentum based bullshit. So let's now start handing out medals to EA for their brilliant tech and gameplay!

Save yourself a few bucks. Buy FIFA 12 play that for a couple of years as EA isn't doing anything worth the upgrade the next year most probably 2. As for Konami I wouldn't give them a red cent.

Haha I already have mate! :)

For what it's worth I just don't buy any arguments about FIFA12 being 'arcadey' or casual this year. It feels totally unscripted. I never concede the same goal twice, the CPU doesn't magically make a last gasp comeback late on in games every single time, and the AI actually attacks you and looks to keep the ball from you for long periods at a time. How is this covering bad AI?

I still maintain that when you have the ball at your feet, PES, prior to this latest game, was the more sim-like game. But it's when you don't have the ball that the CPU really shines in FIFA this year. The high pressure tactics from older games which I detested have now made their way into PES, whereas the opposite has happened in FIFA. The AI gives you time on the ball but holds their defensive line in order to block passing lanes etc. It's far more realistic than PES' attempts of defending by forcing every single player within 20 yards of their own goal line then triple pressing you with constant pressure.

Anyways, no-one will ever agree on the subject but that's just my personal take on it.... :)

As for this AAA title argument, there really is no conjecture and certainly no interpretation needed. A triple A title is one with high production values, often with a large budget in comparison to the REST OF THE MARKET. This means that even an iphone game such as Infinity Blade can be a AAA title because it's in stark contrast to most other games on that format in terms of production, graphics, budget etc. The movie business' version of the AAA title is simply a film that's defined as a 'blockbuster'. One with high budgets, set out for a mass market and something that's set up to make a lot of money. Alan Wake was cited as an example, and yes, it is a AAA title. It took years to make, lots of money, and was intended for the public to buy it in spades. They ended up really cocking that up big style, it was delayed, went over budget, and under-sold by a huge margin. It's a triple A title alright, in the same way that 'Waterworld' back in the 90's was a summer 'blockbuster'. It's still regarded as a blockbuster despite the fact that it was largely awful and, for a time, lost the most amount of money a movie has ever managed to lose.

12 is really enough to hold me over till the next gen machines hit. Unless EA manages a massive upgrade which I highly doubt they will I do not think I'll buy.

Next - gen hardware from Sony and Microsoft will be on store shelves October/November 2013. Worldwide for Microsoft, with Sony hoping to do the same but if not October/November 2013 for Japan and maybe US and RotW March-ish 2014. I have absolutely no doubt about this or that both PES and FIFA will have titles available for each respective machines launch.

We will be sold the dream at this E3 by Microsoft, Sony will announce and tease at E3, and will sell their version of the dream at TGS this year.

In 2013, both machines ''final'' forms will be revealed at E3, with developers showing software running. FIFA and PES will be revealed for the new hardware either at or during E3. Both Sony and Microsoft will have street dates for their hardware as well. Come TGS, the bigger more ambitious projects from Japanese developers will be announced and these projects will reveal that Japanese games development is back to it's best, due to them working with dev kits for the past year and a bit prior and them working on engines/tech based on target specs in the year or so building up to receiving the dev kits themselves.

Pure speculation of course, but that is pretty much how I see it panning out.

I agree as far as the Xbox '720' is concerned. I'm not so sure Sony will be there to go head-to-head with Microsoft though. I can see them being a year behind again.

Factor in that Sony are not the company they used to be. Once known and respected for high quality (and expensive) products, these days I think they are a bit of a shambles.

Honestly what are people on, on here?!?

PES can be bad at times, PES modded can be excellent. But WHATEVER you do on FIFA past World CLass level (sliders et al) it will still always be TOTALLY scripted.

Here's what a guy said on another forum, and after having played lots of FIFA recently changing settings etc, I couldn't agree more with him -

"It is blatantly scripted for two simple reasons.

I've played Fifa 12 now for two months after having spent two-three months with PES 2012 and I'm playing on professional difficulty with semi-passing and everything else on manual except shooting being on semi and while I can see cheating in PES 2012 all over the place (also on professional level) I haven't felt cheated in Fifa 12, not once!

In fact Fifa 12 felt to me like the most unscripted football game I've ever played and I played since PES 3 on PS2.

The game isn't perfect, I wish for a nice realistic momentum/inertia-model to be introduced to Fifa and proper footplanting would be nice, too, to get rid of the skating and a bit more acceleration-feeling would be nice as well, oh, and ball-sound would be nice (in real matches you tend to hear the ball when players hit it, yes, even in loud arenas, especially over TV thanks to mikes all over the place) and a bit more complex first-touch-system would also be welcome as well as better AI ... but other than that Fifa 12 does so many things right, that PES right now does wrong:

1. Freedom: Rails are there but you don't feel them, because you can leave the rails at all times!
2. Good ball-physics: The ball feels free, what more is there to say?
3. Good positional play on the pitch: Feels realistic, with an existing midfield, while in PES positional play is basically nonexistent. In an interview Seabass said, he tried it but decided against positional play because it made the game boring to play, lol!
4. Good shooting.
5. Good goalkeepers.
6. CPU can actually play for possession.
7. Animations make the game come to life.
8. New defense and dribbling are a godsend.

I had the fear that Fifa would lack variety in making goals, but it's unfounded, I made lots of different goals, and while the magic feeling was not quite there like in PES 5/6 it came near to that feeling.

I agree as far as the Xbox '720' is concerned. I'm not so sure Sony will be there to go head-to-head with Microsoft though. I can see them being a year behind again.

Factor in that Sony are not the company they used to be. Once known and respected for high quality (and expensive) products, these days I think they are a bit of a shambles.

I think the fact of the matter for Sony is that they can't afford to be a year behind again and if they are, they would have to somehow create something that is 1.5 times more powerful (min.) than what Microsoft look to serve up.

Nah, I can see them at least teasing new hardware. Do you listen to the PS3 podcast at all? Latest one is worth a listen regards what is being said behind the scenes as well as touching on how publishers fiscal year 12/13 is shaping up.

I've played Fifa 12 now for two months after having spent two-three months with PES 2012 and I'm playing on professional difficulty with semi-passing and everything else on manual except shooting being on semi and while I can see cheating in PES 2012 all over the place (also on professional level) I haven't felt cheated in Fifa 12, not once!

In fact Fifa 12 felt to me like the most unscripted football game I've ever played and I played since PES 3 on PS2.

The game isn't perfect, I wish for a nice realistic momentum/inertia-model to be introduced to Fifa and proper footplanting would be nice, too, to get rid of the skating and a bit more acceleration-feeling would be nice as well, oh, and ball-sound would be nice (in real matches you tend to hear the ball when players hit it, yes, even in loud arenas, especially over TV thanks to mikes all over the place) and a bit more complex first-touch-system would also be welcome as well as better AI ... but other than that Fifa 12 does so many things right, that PES right now does wrong:

1. Freedom: Rails are there but you don't feel them, because you can leave the rails at all times!
2. Good ball-physics: The ball feels free, what more is there to say?
3. Good positional play on the pitch: Feels realistic, with an existing midfield, while in PES positional play is basically nonexistent. In an interview Seabass said, he tried it but decided against positional play because it made the game boring to play, lol!
4. Good shooting.
5. Good goalkeepers.
6. CPU can actually play for possession.
7. Animations make the game come to life.
8. New defense and dribbling are a godsend.

I had the fear that Fifa would lack variety in making goals, but it's unfounded, I made lots of different goals, and while the magic feeling was not quite there like in PES 5/6 it came near to that feeling.

Professional is too easy for me. I could win 5-0 v ANY team hands down, and that's not bragging that's just how it is. The last time I played on professional I beat Arsenal 6-2 lol. I did for them with the same repetitive thing and finesse shot.

The problems arise when you go up to World Class and above. Professional is just too one dimensional for me, and I can predict what the CPU will do almost every time as their modes of attack are the same every time. The point I'm making is that World Class/Legendary isn't a greater challenge in terms of tactics/ball retention/skill, just that it cheats you much more.

Just my two cents.

Ach, FIFA is a decent game this year in much the same way PES is. Neither is a game I could sit and play for hours continually at the moment which I do miss about footy games in general of late. I can pretty much jump between the two and enjoy them in small doses. They have shown greater longevity overall regards how much I feel like playing them for a quick kick about every night compared to the last couple of years when it is often the case of me going all out cold turkey for a month or so before delving back in for a night and not returning until days/weeks later. Both are doing something right, just not to the standards they have set previous.

Professional is too easy for me. I could win 5-0 v ANY team hands down, and that's not bragging that's just how it is. The last time I played on professional I beat Arsenal 6-2 lol. I did for them with the same repetitive thing and finesse shot.

The problems arise when you go up to World Class and above. Professional is just too one dimensional for me, and I can predict what the CPU will do almost every time as their modes of attack are the same every time. The point I'm making is that World Class/Legendary isn't a greater challenge in terms of tactics/ball retention/skill, just that it cheats you much more.

Just my two cents.

No it doesn't. The CPU is just quicker and makes less mistakes. Have you tried changing the CTT and sliders?

I wish MS and Sony good luck trying to push new hardware in a worldwide recession. I don't have to ask the old man for the money but there will have to be some serious release titles for me to bite at the full price.

I think the fact of the matter for Sony is that they can't afford to be a year behind again and if they are, they would have to somehow create something that is 1.5 times more powerful (min.) than what Microsoft look to serve up.

Nah, I can see them at least teasing new hardware. Do you listen to the PS3 podcast at all? Latest one is worth a listen regards what is being said behind the scenes as well as touching on how publishers fiscal year 12/13 is shaping up.

Do you mean the PSM3 podcast? I used to but haven't for a long while.

The next-gen console releases are kind of irrelevant to me anyway as I'm looking to get back into PC gaming. I think that's where it's at as far as PES is concerned plus I'm big into my racing sims and the consoles don't deliver on that front.

I'm not sure if I will be buying either of the new consoles at all but if I do I think it will be the new Xbox based on the fact that my PS3 sits dormant most of the time while my 360 gets daily use.

No it doesn't. The CPU is just quicker and makes less mistakes. Have you tried changing the CTT and sliders?

IMO opinion it does!

What level do you play on fella, if you don't mind me asking?

A point in question, I played two games the other day, one against Man Utd and won 2-1 and the other against Man City, won 2-0. The game then just goes skitz with a league cup game v Carlisle. I won't bore you with the details, but the kinds of huge errors in FIFA are highlighted by seasoned hardcore players of FIFA there.

Carlisle played like Barce on steroids. Regardless of what I did, their pattern of build up was just from front to back, all game, in no time. Their striker was better than any of Rooney, Tevez, Aguero etc in the previous games and scored four, YES FOUR, scripted goals, one of which my defender could be clearly seen to be moved away from the cross. I also hit the post three times during that match and lost 4-3. Have a guess how many goals were scored in the 45/90 minutes? 3 goals! Incredible. Now this was with what I thought were perfect sliders, as they played so well the previous games.

But when the striker for Carlisle is doing things Messi would be proud of, when I lose control of unresponsive defenders and my defenders just roam freely away from the danger areas, then alarm bells start ringing. FIFA12 is so heavily rigged to generate the one on one situation that your defensive line should never be left with but is what happens all the time. Glitch a cheat move so that the CPU is one on one with you on the corner of the area, and just breese past as the CPU gets a stats boost from nowhere!

Honestly, people have the cheek to complain about PES?!?

So apart from the 45/90 minute goals, the you hit the post 6 times in a game, the penalties given against you as your CPU controlled defenders clatter into the CPU (Impact Engine TM), the one shot one goal from the CPU, the lower league teams playing BETTER than Barce, the only stats that matter are speed and strength, the CPU goaly that has Yoda like reflexes and who reacts from headers from within the 6 yard box efficiently, the huge MOMENTUM changes, the game is actually pretty decent :)

I really wanted to like FIFA this year, because the animations are excellent. But the same problems that dog FIFA for years surface again, and the hardcore are noticing it on the FIFA forums....all that glitters and everything....

Do you mean the PSM3 podcast? I used to but haven't for a long while.

The next-gen console releases are kind of irrelevant to me anyway as I'm looking to get back into PC gaming. I think that's where it's at as far as PES is concerned plus I'm big into my racing sims and the consoles don't deliver on that front.

I'm not sure if I will be buying either of the new consoles at all but if I do I think it will be the new Xbox based on the fact that my PS3 sits dormant most of the time while my 360 gets daily use.

Yeah my PS3 has pretty much turned into a bluray player with the odd game played that's exclusive to Sony like Killzone or Unchartered etc. I get way more use from my 360, and as much as I'd love to have a gaming PC I don't think I'll venture down that road. I'd miss the social aspect of playing console games with my friends to be honest. Plus I find PC's to be a massive pain in the ass, and I wouldn't want to fall into the age old trap of constantly updating my PC to be able to play new games. My friend is into his PC gaming and he must spend a small fortune, he even has to order fluid for his cooling system on a regular basis. Too much hassle for me.

IMO opinion it does!

A point in question, I played two games the other day, one against Man Utd and won 2-1 and the other against Man City, won 2-0. The game then just goes skitz with a league cup game v Carlisle. I won't bore you with the details, but the kinds of huge errors in FIFA are highlighted by seasoned hardcore players of FIFA there.

Carlisle played like Barce on steroids. Regardless of what I did, their pattern of build up was just from front to back, all game, in no time. Their striker was better than any of Rooney, Tevez, Aguero etc in the previous games and scored four, YES FOUR, scripted goals, one of which my defender could be clearly seen to be moved away from the cross. I also hit the post three times during that match and lost 4-3. Have a guess how many goals were scored in the 45/90 minutes? 3 goals! Incredible. Now this was with what I thought were perfect sliders, as they played so well the previous games.

But when the striker for Carlisle is doing things Messi would be proud of, when I lose control of unresponsive defenders and my defenders just roam freely away from the danger areas, then alarm bells start ringing. FIFA12 is so heavily rigged to generate the one on one situation that your defensive line should never be left with but is what happens all the time. Glitch a cheat move so that the CPU is one on one with you on the corner of the area, and just breese past as the CPU gets a stats boost from nowhere!

So apart from the 45/90 minute goals, the you hit the post 6 times in a game, the penalties given against you as your CPU controlled defenders clatter into the CPU (Impact Engine TM), the one shot one goal from the CPU, the lower league teams playing BETTER than Barce, the only stats that matter are speed and strength, the CPU goaly that has Yoda like reflexes and who reacts from headers from within the 6 yard box efficiently, the huge MOMENTUM changes, the game is actually pretty decent :)

I really wanted to like FIFA this year, because the animations are excellent. But the same problems that dog FIFA for years surface again, and the hardcore are noticing it on the FIFA forums....all that glitters and everything....

I found all these problems in FIFA 10 and 11 but not really FIFA12 to be honest. But that's just my opinion. Many of the issues that made me hate FIFA11 with a vengeance have actually made their way into PES2012 this year, which I found pretty astonishing. I literally can't remember a single occasion where I've lost on FIFA12 (which is quite a lot) and I've come away feeling cheated. On the other hand, myself and a lot of others have felt just the opposite with PES.

Horses for courses I suppose.

IMO opinion it does!

Legendary full manual sliders set not to favor the CPU or me. FIFA plays a very nice arcade footie game that looks just like the game you see on TV. You can't expect too much from a video game. I don't and the game is fun but for sure it ain't a sim.

Even with a new console, with a new engine, the way PES2012 turned out tells me that the game will still be way below expectation.

I agree with the sentiment that there is still a lot of potential left with the 2012 engine. Some one posted earlier about tweaking defender weight, adjust the defensive AI. There is a post up there showing FIFA Street gameplay, and it is amazing how it handles player acceleration and body turning speed.

Konami can easily fix most of these things with small tweaks to the current game whether through patches or via PES2013. The problem is that they have forgotten what makes a PES game fun. It is not about making cutscenes in Master League. It is not about adding more cameraman in the match intro. Until they figure that out and cut all the excess from the game in its current state, nothing is going to save the game from the downward spiral its in.

I won't be expecting much, but even if 2013 is just gameplay tweaks, I will be happy if they can get it right. It is their best course of action in my opinion.

On the issue of AAA, in the game industry at least, it simply means a game with a ton of budget put into production/marketing/etc. as many others have said before.

Back
Top Bottom