The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread

Which PES 2012 version do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have you ever thought about cheating back?

I.e. turn off auto save and if the AI cheats, replay the match?

I generally just take it on the chin buddy. Baby was up early this morning so have already played couple of games of FIFA and one of PES. For all I criticise PES mind, just had a mind blowing game compared to what FIFA can offer. Just played Spurs, went two nil up with some of the best footy I've played, you know where you have a spell in the game for twenty minutes that you're pulling things off so sweetly, one of those spells. This on Superstar, zero assists, which I'm finding so rewarding. They came back to 2-2, but the game was incredible. There were fast paced bits, and there were two or three distinct lulls in the game where I had possession for ages, just probing, and so did they.

The two points I'd like to make just from this mornings play, is that whatever FIFA has in terms of presentation and looks, it STILL hasn't got that bottle of magic that PES has. I played three FIFA games and nothing I got out of those games I got with that last PES game I had. The game had the lot. When I play FIFA, I don't get the buzz and thrill that I get with PES.

The second point though is that even with gamespeed -2, and with Chimps stuff, the game is still WAY too fast. The animations make it look it ten times worse, especially on counter attacks where the game does look like Looney Toons with road runner animations and zero acceleration. Everyone goes into top speed within the space of a yard, which is ridiculous.

Saying that, it was one hell of game.

If only PES could marry FIFA animations, and FIFA have some of the PES 'life and soul'?!?

I generally just take it on the chin buddy. Baby was up early this morning so have already played couple of games of FIFA and one of PES. For all I criticise PES mind, just had a mind blowing game compared to what FIFA can offer. Just played Spurs, went two nil up with some of the best footy I've played, you know where you have a spell in the game for twenty minutes that you're pulling things off so sweetly, one of those spells. This on Superstar, zero assists, which I'm finding so rewarding. They came back to 2-2, but the game was incredible. There were fast paced bits, and there were two or three distinct lulls in the game where I had possession for ages, just probing, and so did they.

The two points I'd like to make just from this mornings play, is that whatever FIFA has in terms of presentation and looks, it STILL hasn't got that bottle of magic that PES has. I played three FIFA games and nothing I got out of those games I got with that last PES game I had. The game had the lot. When I play FIFA, I don't get the buzz and thrill that I get with PES.

The second point though is that even with gamespeed -2, and with Chimps stuff, the game is still WAY too fast. The animations make it look it ten times worse, especially on counter attacks where the game does look like Looney Toons with road runner animations and zero acceleration. Everyone goes into top speed within the space of a yard, which is ridiculous.

Saying that, it was one hell of game.

If only PES could marry FIFA animations, and FIFA have some of the PES 'life and soul'?!?

Agree with everything you said there. FIFA looks better but still doesn't have that special something.

PES' animations mean you get some weird lock ups happening sometimes and passing speed/ball movement seems to have some oddly fast looking speed warps from time to time. If they can iron out these visual bugs and give you the freedom to move players with more ease (less rails) than I think the gameplay at least would be pretty special.

i actually picked up the fifa world cup game for 5 euros.i had rented it during the world cup and thought it was a good game. Actually i feel it is way better than fifa 12. probably the best next gen footie game out there.HB studios make better football game than EA actually. As far as pes is concerned i really gave up the idea of buying it back. it's just a wrong game conceptually.

feeback was poorly implemented, a first year pshocology student can come up with something more interesting.

The question i'd love konami to answer is the following: why taking out year after year tons of fantastic features? the one and only game i know which constantly takes out good stuff (kit mixing, on line options, editing stuff, customization of various natures, gamemodes, stadia, leagues etc).

it amuses me to say the least.

I'll be in the vast minority here but I feel FIFA12 plays a better game than PES this year. All I had on PES was the CPU camping deep in its own half and scoring rare breakaways, over and over, with me finishing with vastly superior possession rates. That's dull, unrealistic, and a sign of limited AI.

On the other hand, FIFA does have its faults of course but I can go long periods where I can't get the ball. The CPU opposition keeps possession of the ball so much better, and for me makes a more absorbing game where you have the balance of play swinging from one team to the other.

I was however enjoying demo one of PES a lot the last couple of nights. It played a better game than FIFA but then an old issue I had with the final version reared its ugly head and I switched it off straight away, can't be doing with that rubbish. I dominated and took the lead only to concede a late goal I could do nothing about. The CPU had a quick break down the wing, I tried cutting out the cross with my full back but was a fraction too late, and as the cross came over I switched to my centre back. The problem was though that for the second or so before the control switched to him, the AI had him marking the forward all the way into the box, then inexplicably made him run in the opposite direction to the striker, and giving him acres of space. That second later, I now have control of the defender but he's now hopelessly out of postion and the CPU has an easy chance. Bull. Shit.

Any thoughts of re-buying the game went right out of the window thanks to that timely reminder!

Last edited:
Agree with everything you said there. FIFA looks better but still doesn't have that special something.

PES' animations mean you get some weird lock ups happening sometimes and passing speed/ball movement seems to have some oddly fast looking speed warps from time to time. If they can iron out these visual bugs and give you the freedom to move players with more ease (less rails) than I think the gameplay at least would be pretty special.

Weird lock ups are an understatement, I frequently had occasions, in the demos and even more frequently in the final version, where I'd press pass or shoot, the power bar would charge up, but then nothing happened, as if the input command failed or something. That would mostly make the player on the ball lock into an animation I couldn't get out of until he either ran out of play, ran into a CPU player or, best of all, would somehow become detached from the ball and carry on running while the ball rolled off in another direction.

The game is utterly broken beyond repair. Even the most fervent and blinkered PES fans have now come to realise this and are no longer denying the existence of the horrible bugs this game contains.

I've said it before but it was nothing short of a disgrace for Konami to release this game in the state it was in on release day and the patches they've added have done little to change my mind.

With their endless tinkering we are basically getting a Beta version of Pro Evo every year in the hope that some of the pointless and usually shite new features they have shoehorned into the game work and that we dont notice that they've inexplicably removed a lot of the great features we knew and loved.

Their decision making is ridiculously bad and they MUST know this due to the relatively poor sales figures so WHAT ARE THEY DOING ABOUT IT?

All I've read so far points to the same old tired promises and hints about the next Pro Evo being "the one" and how they're "pulling out all the stops" or any of the other bullshit we've heard again and again from them over the years.

Frankly I want to see heads roll for the mess that is PES 2012. The guys and gals responsible for that game should be making the fucking tea this year and feel lucky they still have a job to go to at all. They should be nowhere near the production of PES 2013 or any other PES for that matter.

This rant was sponsored by Pro Evolution Soccer 2012. Yes that's right, I put it on for a few games last night and this is the result.

Happy Konami? Hmmm?

:P

i checked another couple of fora and the discontent is general, people selling the game for the first time in years, people with years of forum life giving it up etc etc.

I think konami will surely see the negative feedback...not sure they can do something about it though. the last games tell a tale of a development that lacks in any whatsoever direction.

pes 2010, 11 and 12 are completely different games conceptually.

Good features are going missing replaced by overcomplicated harmful stuff like this off the ball controls.
And if in 2012 that's their best shot in the audiovisual department, i really think they should probably stick to the wii or the DS.

I think they lost it for good this generations.

i actually picked up the fifa world cup game for 5 euros.i had rented it during the world cup and thought it was a good game. Actually i feel it is way better than fifa 12. probably the best next gen footie game out there.HB studios make better football game than EA actually. As far as pes is concerned i really gave up the idea of buying it back. it's just a wrong game conceptually.

feeback was poorly implemented, a first year pshocology student can come up with something more interesting.

The question i'd love konami to answer is the following: why taking out year after year tons of fantastic features? the one and only game i know which constantly takes out good stuff (kit mixing, on line options, editing stuff, customization of various natures, gamemodes, stadia, leagues etc).

it amuses me to say the least.

I played the World Cup demo recently and it is much better than Fifa 12 or PES 12.

If that happens than it might tip me over to PC gaming. I don't fancy buying PES in the future for an extortionate price, finding it to be different to the demo and having patches screw with gameplay every month with no oPtion to ever sell it on and recoup my money.

I'm actually giving serious thought to ditching my 360 and PS3 and going down the PC route. Around £500 can buy a decent gaming PC, which I can hook up to my TV and effectively use as a console in my living room. I think I'd rather spend that on a PC than drop it on the Xbox720. My PS3 barely gets used and was a waste of money so I can't see myself buying a PS4.

PC games are cheaper and moddable, and I used to love tinkering with PES back in the patching days so the thought of being able to do that again is very appealing.

I'm actually giving serious thought to ditching my 360 and PS3 and going down the PC route. Around £500 can buy a decent gaming PC, which I can hook up to my TV and effectively use as a console in my living room. I think I'd rather spend that on a PC than drop it on the Xbox720. My PS3 barely gets used and was a waste of money so I can't see myself buying a PS4.

PC games are cheaper and moddable, and I used to love tinkering with PES back in the patching days so the thought of being able to do that again is very appealing.

Do it. You wont be disappointed. I've played on both xbox360 and pc. An pc wins on both graphics and overall playability and with the amount of mods out there it makes an above average game an excellent one.

After playing both demo's tonight i have came to the conclusion that both games are really shite and niether are worth buying back. Roll on Euro 2012.

Do you men the FIFA game? I DL`ed the WC2010 game last night and found it to be alot of fun, it feels alot snappier than the other FIFA games, more like how I would expect PES to feel if it was any good. Its a shame that the halves are only 2 mins, I might see if I can pick it up on ebay for a few quid to last me till the next wave of footy games.

After playing both demo's tonight i have came to the conclusion that both games are really shite and niether are worth buying back. Roll on Euro 2012.

Do you men the FIFA game? I DL`ed the WC2010 game last night and found it to be alot of fun, it feels alot snappier than the other FIFA games, more like how I would expect PES to feel if it was any good. Its a shame that the halves are only 2 mins, I might see if I can pick it up on ebay for a few quid to last me till the next wave of footy games.

Yeah Fifa World Cup, I played it to death until Fifa 11 came out..the online World Cup mode was excellent and very addictive.

Yeah it certainly plays more like older PES games and is much more fun than the current Fifa, Like Konami EA seem to be taking feedback from the wrong people and are draining the game of any fun in their search for a pure sim experience.

Last edited:
Looks like pes 2013 ain't getting a new engine, according Adam over at WENB.

Shame really, but I suppose it makes sense not to invest in new tech as it is a little late to say the least!

Although their are aspects of pes 2012 that I like, I'm just unsure if I can stomach another year with the same engine.

Adam:

I'm currently in talks with Konami about PES 2013 & the new engine for new consoles. They've made a decision to focus the new engine, and make it exclusively for the generation ahead. I'm torn by this decision, the new tech was planned for this year, but not anymore. The whole team, as in all senior Konami staff, are in Japan and plans are being set in stone for the future of PES.

I do want to say, just because it's not a new engine doesn't mean this year won't see some key advancements. Stay tuned for some great announcements.

Pes 2013 without new engine:COAT:

We have 1 maybe 2 more releases for 3 and the Box before we see anything for the next gen machines. One thing in Konami's favor at least to help them survive is the fact that EA has pushed the current game as far as possible.

What a bummer? Didn't Adam say he were involved in making PES 2013 and that it would be a revolution?:FAIL:

Really sad news, that means PES 2013 will be using the outdated engine again, which means it will again be a generation behind Fifa.

PES 2014 on xbox720/PS4 seems to become the long-awaited-nextgen-PES though.

Since Fifa 12 is a damn fine game (espescially with slider-settings finetuned) I guess Fifa 13 can save the day until PES 2014.

I still own FIFA World Cup 2010 and it's a great game. The only thing I really really dislike is the AI pressure. If you thought scripting/cheating was prevalent on PES, play that game.

The amount of times you can get fouled and thrown off the ball by the AI is staggering. Then you win a clean tackle and it's a free kick...

Play a game where you need a result and it double or triple team pressures you and it's absolutely insane. And that's only on Professional or World Class, not on Legendary.

What a bummer? Didn't Adam say he were involved in making PES 2013 and that it would be a revolution?:FAIL:

Really sad news, that means PES 2013 will be using the outdated engine again, which means it will again be a generation behind Fifa.

Since Fifa 12 is a damn fine game (espescially with slider-settings finetuned) I guess Fifa 13 can save the day until PES 2014.

So let me get this straight.

Everyone here is quick to poopoo the fact Adam/WENB said they are working closely on the new PES.

Then, everyone is quick to quote everyone but Adam/WENB when talking about a base of factual information regarding the probability of a new engine.

Surely, to stay on form, you guys should be rubbishing claims that PES 2013 isn't a new engine?

PES 2014 - The Return of the King....Pending.

Dear oh fucking dear Konami, what a shambles.

And the WENB guys wonder why they are often accused of talking shit.

They should deal in concrete facts from now on but that's never going to happen.

Last edited:
I still own FIFA World Cup 2010 and it's a great game. The only thing I really really dislike is the AI pressure. If you thought scripting/cheating was prevalent on PES, play that game.

The amount of times you can get fouled and thrown off the ball by the AI is staggering. Then you win a clean tackle and it's a free kick...

Play a game where you need a result and it double or triple team pressures you and it's absolutely insane. And that's only on Professional or World Class, not on Legendary.

That's one reason why I can't see how anyone could say that WC is better than 12. At least with the addition of the sliders someone like me who is not very good can play full manual Legendary just by opening up the midfield just a little.

They should deal in concrete facts from now on but that's never going to happen.

Well know as soon as the demo is released just WTF is really up. Hoping for the best expecting the worst.

Haha! You don't even know what you are angry about any more.

Unfortunately this latest development could mean I'm out as far as PES is concerned this year. I can't really stomach the current engine so to learn that we're stuck with it for another year is quite devastating.

Hoping for the best but not expecting much to be honest.

So let me get this straight.

Everyone here is quick to poopoo the fact Adam/WENB said they are working closely on the new PES.

Then, everyone is quick to quote everyone but Adam/WENB when talking about a base of factual information regarding the probability of a new engine.

Surely, to stay on form, you guys should be rubbishing claims that PES 2013 isn't a new engine?

I think most people already know there won't be a new engine.

People here are just giving him the benefit of the doubt partly because he is obviously in talks with Konami in one way or another, and also it is logical to conclude that drastic measures are necessary for the survival of the franchise.

PES2012 bombed, and without the sales there is simply no possible way for a conservatively ran company like Konami to invest in drastic changes. I don't think this news is unexpected for the reasonable people around here.

Might be hard to swallow, but people here aren't the haters or fan boys you like to make them out to be.

It's not entirely unexpected news. This whole generation has been a story of false dawns, broken promises and unwarranted hype from Konami and those around them.

File PES: the PS3 generation under 'disappointing'.

Back
Top Bottom