The Mobile Phone thread

Re: Best mobile phone out there

Thank you Dags, so we're now finally seeing that the iPhone is the best one out there?

:w00t:

No MMS on the iPhone? :lmao: How technologically advanced! It has a touch screen but can't even send MMS :LOL:

DJ, if you donate to Samir for RotateMe, you get access to the 2.1 beta ... which can be Open Signed ;)

Edit: I can confirm that I now have RotateMe on my N95 and it works great :D

Last edited by a moderator:

can anybody do this or do you need an iphone?

If anybody - how do you do it? :DD
The ringtones are for the iPhone only yes.
No MMS on the iPhone? :lmao: How technologically advanced! It has a touch screen but can't even send MMS :LOL:
:SHHH:

;))

They are going to add it via a firmware update in the future :)). I do agree it should have been included from the start though. Shocking oversight.

Using 3rd party applications, you can use MMS on the iPhone just fine. I do!

Once the App Store opens up, there will be apps made for MMS and all that jazz.

Using a 3rd party app.... well if people bought an Iphone and werent clued up on all this APP's business they would be well pissed off to see it doesnt send MMS's as standard :)

And thats why people should do their research beforehand! ;))

But yeah, once the App Store opens up for the iPhone I can see it really taking off. Some of the third party applications are stunning, even better than some of the official ones at the minute. With the use of SDK, these 3rd party developers should be able to really produce some great apps.

the hype of buying a phone right away on release date is ridiculous , Apple is really good at ads and all that hype.

I know nothing about 3rd party apps and I have an iPhone :DD

I meant it serves someone right if they buy a phone expecting it to have certain things like MMS and then being pissed off cause it doesn't.

If your going to spend that much money on something you should get yourself clued up on what it can and can't do!

lol thing is Flawless mate MMS is a STANDARD feature that you expect in most phones these days.... Its like having a Console that can play lots and lots of media and video but cant play games... oh wait we have 1 of them already ;)

lol thing is Flawless mate MMS is a STANDARD feature that you expect in most phones these days.... Its like having a Console that can play lots and lots of media and video but cant play games... oh wait we have 1 of them already ;)

Yeah I agree but the key word you used there is 'expect'. My point is you shouldn't 'expect' anything before you buy something as expensive as an iPhone. You should KNOW what it can and can't do.

Otherwise its your own fault if your miffed cause you were 'expecting' it to have MMS and it doesn't :-pp

hey some people just got the money to dash out without any research :tumble:
but i can also understand why apple is so successful with their ads and hype that brings people to buy it without any second look to it since it's appearance and some features are so well

DJ, if you donate to Samir for RotateMe, you get access to the 2.1 beta ... which can be Open Signed ;)

Edit: I can confirm that I now have RotateMe on my N95 and it works great :D

wahh?

RotateMe is pretty annoying. I'll be removing it I think :(

To be honest, I only got my N95 for the 5 megapixel camera. But then I find out that the Viewty also has one but also the ability to record at 120 fps.

I'm more than happy with my N95 8GB :D Even the slightly-loose slider isn't noticable these days.

Top phone :)

Just got me an N95 :D Even though I think the Viewty looks better.

Can't beat the 8gb's :D

Waiting for my replacement SIM, but I'm having a play and hooking it up to my network. Class. Bear in mind my last phone was a Nokia 33something, so this is a massive step up and its rather overwhelming. The manual is about as thick as a flight sim manual.

The 8GB is brilliant as I use it as an MP3 player for my car, plenty of storage :D

Does such a deal exist out there that offers free mobile internet and free text messages?

All I do is text and browse the net on my phone. I'm on T-Mobiles Flext (Web n Walk) so my internet is free. But I text a hell of a lot, and currently pay around £50 a month!

Cheaper alternatives?

If you do O2 simplicity you can choose the unlimited internet or texts bolt on for free. You could choose unlimited internet as your free bolt on and add £7 a month for unlimited texts. So your tariff would be £32 a month with free internet and texts + 600 minutes.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/sim_only

I am using the £25 sim with 800 minutes a month that carry over!

Last edited:
New v20 firmware is out for N95 8GB's ... and it includes ASR ... Automatic Screen Rotation ;))

Just backing all of my stuff up now :)

Changes/improvements made from MCU SW 15.0.015 to latest version 20.0.016
New features:
* Automatic Screen Rotation (ASR)
* Support for new combo memory added

Browser:
* Improvement when creating a voice call from WAP page.
* Improvements to embedded video functionality in browser.
* Sending email via browser flash plugin improvements.

Messaging:
* Mail in HTML format handling from Gmail IMAP server improved.

Connectivity:
* WLAN connection stability improvements
* BT connection stability improvements with certain BT headsets
* USB connection stability improvements

Telephony:
* Voice call handling improvements after certain type U.S.S.D message receiving.
* Stability improvements to gallery for case when there’s lot of content in Gallery
* Improvements to switch application
* Voicemail icon handling improvements

Localization corrections:
* Deletion of all contacts now possible even more than 6000 contacts in phonebook
* Startup functionality improvements

Isolated issues/problems after update:
*Video recording freezes every 5 seconds or so when using mass memory but no problem when saving to phone memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom