The Master League adventures thread

@Kopite1990 A truly fantastic season mate!
Winning the treble in South America is a really hard feat to accomplish indeed!!
So it is indeed quite poetic that you were able to win Libertadores against the previous dominant team, River, a more than convincing win I'd say!
IMO, Winning Libertadores is the highest honor a South American team can have, even more than winning the Club World Cup.
The tradition, the history, the glory of Libertadores is unmatched in the continent..

So again, well done bro!! Santos is becoming a dynasty under your shrewd management!! :)
In fact, parallelling Gallardo''s River Plate (2014-2019)!! :TU:

Wow!
3 trophies, man thats pretty insane.
I know the club WC is a huge thing in SA, to bad you didn't get it, but cup/League and Copa is fucking awesome
Congrats buddy and hope you'll repeat it again.

One fun thing to do once deep into a ML and with a full cabinet, is rebuilding to give it a different challenge, anyway big things ahead mate

Cheers Rock! You’re right mate, definitely heading towards a rebuild with some key players approaching 30+ - It would be great if I can keep it going and try to re-build again to win a few more trophies.

Great progress in your Roma save too mate, loving the updates and looks like you are well on course for the Scudetto!

@Kopite1990 A truly fantastic season mate!
Winning the treble in South America is a really hard feat to accomplish indeed!!
So it is indeed quite poetic that you were able to win Libertadores against the previous dominant team, River, a more than convincing win I'd say!
IMO, Winning Libertadores is the highest honor a South American team can have, even more than winning the Club World Cup.
The tradition, the history, the glory of Libertadores is unmatched in the continent..

So again, well done bro!! Santos is becoming a dynasty under your shrewd management!! :)
In fact, parallelling Gallardo''s River Plate (2014-2019)!! :TU:

Thanks Milloss! I began to think we may never win the Libertadores after a few unlucky seasons in the competition but we eventually got it done 👍🏻

Hoping to add a few more trophies to the cabinet before this save is done.

Cagliari at home wasnt the result i wanted, a total dominance from me the first 45 min saw me taking the lead 1-0.
Then pretty much out of nowhere Cagliari made 1-1 mid 2nd half.
the last 3-4 min of the game really made this an exiting one.

The result wasnt very good, but since Juventus lost their 2nd gane in a row, we now have a 10 point gap down to them.
This game might be a wake up call to really kill off games earlier, next up Sassuolo away
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-03 12_31_40.png

Sassuolo away was exiting for about 20 min before i smashed them up pretty badly, had a few really nice team goal in this one, plus two fun little goals.
3rd one my striker gets the pass in stride flicks it up and volley it home, 4th one my LB Spinazzola nutmegs his defender before smashing it home.
A few special goals for me

Both my wingers were amazing in this game

eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-03 19_51_40.png

Then came my worst game of the season, a game i had to chase for 90 min+
Udinese scored 1-0 in the first half, i had to wait until the second half before making it 1-1.
Mid 2nd half Udinese 2-1, and i had to make a few subs and turn my attack up to max, after having shots in the post/crossbar goalie making insane saves/goal line clearences i finally made it 2-2.
Obviusly Udineses Okaka score the winning 3-2 goal in the 92nd goal and curtains for me.
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-03 20_47_56.png
Despite that loss (all my dropped points are from home games btw) the team has been brilliant so far.
My central defence with Smalling Torres is so good, Smalling not on the pitch for this one , which could be an explanation.
I have only conceded 18 goals in 27 games which is pretty damn good.
9 points downt to Juventus and the last 11 games will be a thriller for sure
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-03 20_48_28.png

My next two games are the double header vs Juventus in The Coppa Italia quarter finals, games that i will rotate and play a very different and reserve based 11 for, the Scudetto is what matters for me.

Edit. Did rotate my squad and beat Juventus 4-0 and 1-0 in the Coppa Italia qtrs
great result and im through to the semis vs Udinese, my nr 1 bogey team
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-03 21_45_03.pngeFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-03 21_47_53.png

Last edited:
Bologna away.
They had nothing, just a very physical team bullying us of the ball, and 11 behind the ball in defence.
And like death and taxes, yhe unavoidable late goal for them came in the 93rd min
1-0 Bologna
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-04 00_02_42.png

Then Derby days vs Lazio, and i played so bad and lost that one 1-0.
I have 4 points from the last 5 games now, and crisis is an understatement, but luckily enough, Juventus are also in a crisis!
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-04 00_06_47.png
My gap to them has gone from 12 points to 6, but it could have been 0 if luck wasnt on my side.
Next up AJAX in my Europa League, and i feel i need to set that aside and try to get back to winning ways again, got a few tough games left, and going in to Juventus away with 2-3 points in had is a disaster

After a number of games were ive been under performing, i did set it straigh in my game vs Atalanta at home
Matchday 31 As Roma v Atalanta
Nicola Zaniolo with a proper finish at the end

And my European adventures have been shaky of late, lost 1-0 to Ajax in the first game of the last 16 playoff.
But now European nights came to the Olimpico
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-04 22_23_27.png
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-04 22_23_46.png

A very careful and defensive minded team from the start by me, but i got it sorted in the end
This game was a edge of the seat kinda game, not many chances, so i had to make the few i got
Henrikh Mkhitaryan has really had a second coming, mainly a sub/bench player early on but is now leading my midfield and has put Zaniolo on the bench
Great strike by him to make it 1-0

eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-04 22_53_59.png

Well i didnt see Hellas Verona aeay to be the toughest game of the season, but it was so hard.
They pressed me all over the pitch leaving me no space/time to build up anything the first half really, but i managed to score early on to make it 1-0
Thy upped their pressure and made it 1-1 shortly after, then at the end of 2nd half i could score my second goal, but by the skin of my teeth here.
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-05 13_02_48.png

Coppa Italia semi finals proved to be an easy task, beat Udines quite convincingly
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-05 13_07_49.png

Had a draw against Athletico Madrid in my first quarter final of the Europa League at home, not a very good one and the return fixture will be tough as hell.
Next two games are Athletico Madrid and Juventus Away, two games that will be make or break for the season.
Still have 3 points on Juventus in case of a defeat though.
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-05 13_12_02.png

Well i didnt see Hellas Verona aeay to be the toughest game of the season, but it was so hard.
They pressed me all over the pitch leaving me no space/time to build up anything the first half really, but i managed to score early on to make it 1-0
Thy upped their pressure and made it 1-1 shortly after, then at the end of 2nd half i could score my second goal, but by the skin of my teeth here.
View attachment 300357

Coppa Italia semi finals proved to be an easy task, beat Udines quite convincingly
View attachment 300358

Had a draw against Athletico Madrid in my first quarter final of the Europa League at home, not a very good one and the return fixture will be tough as hell.
Next two games are Athletico Madrid and Juventus Away, two games that will be make or break for the season.
Still have 3 points on Juventus in case of a defeat though.
View attachment 300359

Looking good mate - Nice 6 point cushion there and worst case scenario you will still have a decent gap (plus GD) if you drop points against Juventus.

You’ll do it though mate, possible treble on the cards?

Looking good mate - Nice 6 point cushion there and worst case scenario you will still have a decent gap (plus GD) if you drop points against Juventus.

You’ll do it though mate, possible treble on the cards?
Cheers mate, hmm think the Europa League will be tough one, stacked with great teams, but will give it a go.

Been a long time since my last update. I had a house moving, some changes, still uploading my content on YouTube, to make some space in my HDD on PS4.

Well just for the record, and until I post proper update, i am in my 9th season in ML, the last 2 seasons I am manager of Santa Clara in Portuguese Liga.

Just leaving this video here from yesterday, cause it's the only time i remember that I scored some many consecutive long range goals in a single playing session.

FYI the first match was a Cup match, that was 1-1 until the last minute, and the second and third goals were from a damn CL group game, where I was 3-0 behind, and managed to recover until 3-3. Unfortunately couldn't come back completely, and our CL group stage is as usually in danger!

Been a long time since my last update. I had a house moving, some changes, still uploading my content on YouTube, to make some space in my HDD on PS4.

Well just for the record, and until I post proper update, i am in my 9th season in ML, the last 2 seasons I am manager of Santa Clara in Portuguese Liga.

Just leaving this video here from yesterday, cause it's the only time i remember that I scored some many consecutive long range goals in a single playing session.

FYI the first match was a Cup match, that was 1-1 until the last minute, and the second and third goals were from a damn CL group game, where I was 3-0 behind, and managed to recover until 3-3. Unfortunately couldn't come back completely, and our CL group stage is as usually in danger!

Some real rockets there, well done Slam

Really weird experience in season 6 of my Santos Master League.

We were 12 points clear after 18 games. The last two sessions have been a nightmare, we have lost three games and drawn a couple of others meaning our lead has been cut to just 3 points.

It is like the game has just flipped on its head - The only way I can describe it is that it feels like I am playing with a Team Spirit of about 40. The passes are clunky, slow and the player movement is non-existent.

We signed a couple of players in the mid-season transfer window but our TS is still 98.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Can signing players mid way through really rock the TS even if it remains high?

Genuinely feels like I am playing a completely game.

I suppose it adds to the challenge and fun though 🙌🏻

We were 12 points clear after 18 games. The last two sessions have been a nightmare, we have lost three games and drawn a couple of others meaning our lead has been cut to just 3 points.

It is like the game has just flipped on its head - The only way I can describe it is that it feels like I am playing with a Team Spirit of about 40. The passes are clunky, slow and the player movement is non-existent.

We signed a couple of players in the mid-season transfer window but our TS is still 98.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Can signing players mid way through really rock the TS even if it remains high?

After so many seasons, I am almost convinced that there is a dynamic difficulty, neglecting stats or boosting CPU teams.

In Portuguese Liga I am playing now, with a vanilla 85+ TS and 90+ when I use treamroles, it's very obvious due to the majority of the teams being 3* rating. IIRC in my first season I was almost undefeated and lost only to the bottom table team Feirense.

Also while the game doesn't display other matches results in the halftime, I can pretty accurately preview, what results my other competitors had. Cause in a match day that the game will not allow me to score at any cost, or the referee will be the CPU 12th player, it's very usual for the other league competitors like Porto or Benfica to have a bad result, a draw or a loss.

After so many seasons, I am almost convinced that there is a dynamic difficulty, neglecting stats or boosting CPU teams.

In Portuguese Liga I am playing now, with a vanilla 85+ TS and 90+ when I use treamroles, it's very obvious due to the majority of the teams being 3* rating. IIRC in my first season I was almost undefeated and lost only to the bottom table team Feirense.

Also while the game doesn't display other matches results in the halftime, I can pretty accurately preview, what results my other competitors had. Cause in a match day that the game will not allow me to score at any cost, or the referee will be the CPU 12th player, it's very usual for the other league competitors like Porto or Benfica to have a bad result, a draw or a loss.

Cheers Slam - I was thinking the same but had no way of proving it 😂 It almost feels like the game has turned around and said ‘that’s enough success for now, let’s make life as difficult as we possibly can’.

I can kind of accept some level of scripting but when my 86 OVR striker is missing continuously from 5 yards out then it feels a bit off.

Coincidentally, my drop in form has matched up with second placed Fluminense pulling together a pretty impressive winning streak.

All seems a bit too purposefully engineered for my liking.

Pretty sure its the cpu boosting because of you having won way to many games, i think the only modern game i havent had that happened to me after 4-5 seasons of ML is Pes 17, but that cpu is so good at finding ways to give you a hard time without the later pes games "cheating" (a better coded game id say)
Youll most likely bounce back again, if we would have a way to erase the W-L record that the game keeps track of, think a lot of scripting comes from that.

Pretty sure its the cpu boosting because of you having won way to many games, i think the only modern game i havent had that happened to me after 4-5 seasons of ML is Pes 17, but that cpu is so good at finding ways to give you a hard time without the later pes games "cheating" (a better coded game id say)
Youll most likely bounce back again, if we would have a way to erase the W-L record that the game keeps track of, think a lot of scripting comes from that.

I think you’re right mate - It’s a shame because in different circumstances I would welcome it and I would love a realistic dynamic difficulty that challenges you.

Unfortunately, once it becomes quite apparent that you are just being cheated then it’s a bit more tiresome.

Hopefully I just have to play through it and a couple of defeats will tip the ratio back in my favour!

I think you’re right mate - It’s a shame because in different circumstances I would welcome it and I would love a realistic dynamic difficulty that challenges you.

Unfortunately, once it becomes quite apparent that you are just being cheated then it’s a bit more tiresome.

Hopefully I just have to play through it and a couple of defeats will tip the ratio back in my favour!
Most likely that'll happen mate.
To bad they need to resort to easy expoit/cheats like this.
Btw, spent my evenings before sleeping listening on a podcast (2x3 hours ) on Santos 2010-11 season, started back with Pele and moved on to Robinho and closing with Neymar, brilliant stuff
In Swedish though, so you're shit out of luck:)
Would recommend it otherwise

Most likely that'll happen mate.
To bad they need to resort to easy expoit/cheats like this.
Btw, spent my evenings before sleeping listening on a podcast (2x3 hours ) on Santos 2010-11 season, started back with Pele and moved on to Robinho and closing with Neymar, brilliant stuff
In Swedish though, so you're shit out of luck:)
Would recommend it otherwise

Played a few games today mate and think I may have played my way through it - Managed to open up a gap again at the top of the table so fingers crossed 🙌🏻

Ah no way? I’d love to listen to that but as you say my Swedish would probably let me down 😂 I have actually been trying to find a Brazilian/Serie A focussed podcast since I started the save but I’ve not managed to find one yet.

If you’re interested in those types of podcasts Rock, there is a podcast series called ‘These Football Times’ - They did a big South American series a while back focussing on the history of the major football cities there (Rio, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Sao Paolo, Medellin etc). Really interesting and well worth a listen 👍🏻

Played a few games today mate and think I may have played my way through it - Managed to open up a gap again at the top of the table so fingers crossed 🙌🏻

Ah no way? I’d love to listen to that but as you say my Swedish would probably let me down 😂 I have actually been trying to find a Brazilian/Serie A focussed podcast since I started the save but I’ve not managed to find one yet.

If you’re interested in those types of podcasts Rock, there is a podcast series called ‘These Football Times’ - They did a big South American series a while back focussing on the history of the major football cities there (Rio, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Sao Paolo, Medellin etc). Really interesting and well worth a listen 👍🏻
Thanks for the tip on the podcast, will check em out mate

@Kopite1990
Mate, I can't recall what platform you are on, PC, Playstation?
I forgot which one you play.. Because if you're on PC and playing with mods, I might have a theory on why you are experiencing this variation..

Speaking of footballing cities, don't forget Bogotá, the capital and home to my dear Millonarios, heheh. :BSCARF:
Gotta say not a huge fan of podcasts dissecting South American culture though.. so I might skip this one..
But in anycase, I guess this one might be good, to each their own! :)

Cheers bros!

Last edited:
Been tied up all week playing The witcher and 2k, but got back to my PES 21 ML for a game today.
second qtr final game vs Athletico Madrid (0-0) and boy what a game it was.
fierce and nasty for 90 min but with me coming out on top in the end.
even missed a pen in the dying seconds.
great game.
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-13 16_15_35.png

My next game is pretty much the decider for the league, Juventus away

And my game vs Juventus was a rollercoaster for sure.
1-0 Dybala after 10 min,then Dybala again after 25 mins making it 2-0
Started to find my feet and made it 2-1 in the 30th, and suprisingly 2-2 in the 42nd min.
Then just before half time disaster struck, red card and i was down to 10 men.
Kept that result til the 75th min before that little cnut Dybala smashed home a freekick making it 3-2 Juventus.
Tried to equalize but only got hit with a 4-2 goal in the dying min, also took a second red card out of frustration at the end.
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-13 17_17_36.png

The gap is now 3 points between us and Juventus meaning i cant lose one single game that is left. 5 games to go
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-13 17_18_04.png

Finally back to some Middlesbrough ML in between editing and playing a cup comp with my brother.

Only fixture 4 at home to Luton.

Tough match but really loving this game, I played a few more matches that I will upload. The AI in this is fantastic, I am so looking forward to sticking with this ML even though it will be slow going with all the other things I have going on. :D

Finally back to some Middlesbrough ML in between editing and playing a cup comp with my brother.

Only fixture 4 at home to Luton.

Tough match but really loving this game, I played a few more matches that I will upload. The AI in this is fantastic, I am so looking forward to sticking with this ML even though it will be slow going with all the other things I have going on. :D
Tough game and a tough loss Gee.
Gotta say that pace and movement looks really spot on with this game.
How long games do you play?
And how adaptive is the cpu when trailing/needing a win?
I can understand you really like this one

Tough game and a tough loss Gee.
Gotta say that pace and movement looks really spot on with this game.
How long games do you play?
And how adaptive is the cpu when trailing/needing a win?
I can understand you really like this one

It really is spot on, although admittedly I have globally lowered the speed stats,Top Speed, Acceleration etc. Without doing that I would find it too fast.

I play it on 15mins which for me is just right. You also get 0-0's too which I don't mind. I played a game yesterday (which I will upload eventually) which finished 0-0 and their were no half time highlights, it just cut straight to the stats :LOL: I love it though mate :D

Regarding the CPU, yes they are adaptive and I really feel like I am holding on at times. After scoring yes sometimes they have a little spell and they may equalise. But if they do I blame myself rather than a scripting issue, because I always feel that I should have done something better, even lowering the defence / attack right down to ride the storm. Because there are times when it seems like they are going to score but they don't.

Also playing on Xbox using a PS2 emulator really makes the game look crisper, although i wish I knew what to do to stop the skin coming through the sleeves during the replays sometimes.

I am really looking forward to getting a few seasons done with this ML.

Will be uploading our next game against Everton (the leaders) in the Div 2 cup later today. :D

Another thing, sometimes I just put on an exhibition match and watch the CPU v CPU, the fact that those games are so good says a lot about the game. I watched Tottenham v Arsenal last night and it was 0-0 full time but I forgot that I left it on extra time and penalties so I let it play out. Of course Solanke scored and Werner so it was 2-0 :LOL: But the match was excellent Odegaard had a first time volley from about 25 yards which just missed the post.

Just hope Spurs get something today in real life.

It really is spot on, although admittedly I have globally lowered the speed stats,Top Speed, Acceleration etc. Without doing that I would find it too fast.

I play it on 15mins which for me is just right. You also get 0-0's too which I don't mind. I played a game yesterday (which I will upload eventually) which finished 0-0 and their were no half time highlights, it just cut straight to the stats :LOL: I love it though mate :D

Regarding the CPU, yes they are adaptive and I really feel like I am holding on at times. After scoring yes sometimes they have a little spell and they may equalise. But if they do I blame myself rather than a scripting issue, because I always feel that I should have done something better, even lowering the defence / attack right down to ride the storm. Because there are times when it seems like they are going to score but they don't.

Also playing on Xbox using a PS2 emulator really makes the game look crisper, although i wish I knew what to do to stop the skin coming through the sleeves during the replays sometimes.

I am really looking forward to getting a few seasons done with this ML.

Will be uploading our next game against Everton (the leaders) in the Div 2 cup later today. :D

Another thing, sometimes I just put on an exhibition match and watch the CPU v CPU, the fact that those games are so good says a lot about the game. I watched Tottenham v Arsenal last night and it was 0-0 full time but I forgot that I left it on extra time and penalties so I let it play out. Of course Solanke scored and Werner so it was 2-0 :LOL: But the match was excellent Odegaard had a first time volley from about 25 yards which just missed the post.

Just hope Spurs get something today in real life.
Thanks for the answer buddy.
Might look into Pes 5/8, I'm having a hard time enjoying my retrofix on pes 13, think it's way to direct in gameplay, hardly any shots outside etc

One game played tonight.
Salernitana at home, two key players suspended but i cruised to a comfy 2-0 win in the end anyway.
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-15 23_16_32.png

And as you can see Juventus only got a draw vs Genoa away meaning i have a nice little gap down to them
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-09-15 23_17_00.png

9 points left to be played for, 3 games in the league.
Fiorentina v Roma (this is the game im worried about)
Roma v Spezia
Roma v Sampdoria

Also the final in Coppa Italia vs Milan and the semi finals in the Europa League vs Bayer Leverkusen.
Im acctually in the same spot Bayer Leverkusen was in 2002, everything to win, or everything to lose.
Fingers crossed

One game played tonight.
Salernitana at home, two key players suspended but i cruised to a comfy 2-0 win in the end anyway.
View attachment 302427

And as you can see Juventus only got a draw vs Genoa away meaning i have a nice little gap down to them
View attachment 302429

9 points left to be played for, 3 games in the league.
Fiorentina v Roma (this is the game im worried about)
Roma v Spezia
Roma v Sampdoria

Also the final in Coppa Italia vs Milan and the semi finals in the Europa League vs Bayer Leverkusen.
Im acctually in the same spot Bayer Leverkusen was in 2002, everything to win, or everything to lose.
Fingers crossed

You are doing really well Rock, I hope you manage to win at least one cup.

What will you do at the end of the season? Do you have the option to manage another team in that PES, or will you stay on?

Back
Top Bottom