The Master League adventures thread

Beautiful goal Deco! Looked like it came against the run of play too.

Exactly geeeee it's what swung the game for me. .. . they never recovered . ..I usually try a few long balls if I see the opportunity during each match . .gives you different options . ..when it works it feels great. I'm still laughing at that comment this morning from Superleeds . ..I thought he was applauding me for using the word exquisite for a moment lol.

Exactly geeeee it's what swung the game for me. .. . they never recovered . ..I usually try a few long balls if I see the opportunity during each match . .gives you different options . ..when it works it feels great. I'm still laughing at that comment this morning from Superleeds . ..I thought he was applauding me for using the word exquisite for a moment lol.

Heh heh i couldnt even spell the word.

Yeh i play quite a few long balls, try to mix it up a bit. Just played v Chelsea (still uploading) which was another good tough match. I'm pleased that i moved up to Top Player the same time i got promoted as i really feel that i have to concentrate in matches. Adds that bit of realism knowing that it is gonna be a long slog in the EPL.

How come you dont play in English league Deco? Being a Leeds fan i thought you may like to take them to the top.

Oh a here are the English league stats from the previous season. A bit late i know.

Notice EPL teams were very low scoring.

Heh heh i couldnt even spell the word.

Yeh i play quite a few long balls, try to mix it up a bit. Just played v Chelsea (still uploading) which was another good tough match. I'm pleased that i moved up to Top Player the same time i got promoted as i really feel that i have to concentrate in matches. Adds that bit of realism knowing that it is gonna be a long slog in the EPL.

How come you dont play in English league Deco? Being a Leeds fan i thought you may like to take them to the top.

I was thinking about playing as Leeds the other day .. .but I love the Italian style of fooball and try to play their way in Ml . .. I try to use a lot of flicks and stuff around the box and sudden quick attacks and as you saw a long ball to hit a runner but also keep a strong defence . .. . English style is different . .it's more wing play and crosses which I don't really fancy. .. .although I might give Leeds a go in my next Ml.

IMO there are two sorts of games you are not supposed to win in ML.
One where no matter how much, you score, you will loose the game because every time the CPU comes before goal, they score (often because your players refuse to do what tehy are supposed to do).

And then a second that often ends 0-0. Matches were you have more than 20 shots on goal but you just can't score...

Although this second sort is also heavily scripted, in a perverse way i like them. I've had two like that with Huddersfield and one of the first sort and i drew them all...

Currently Huddersfield are third in their first EPL season. Got something like 30 points now another 10 and we're staying up. Dollberg is a gem...and also like Redmond and Bojan.

I was thinking about playing as Leeds the other day .. .but I love the Italian style of fooball and try to play their way in Ml . .. I try to use a lot of flicks and stuff around the box and sudden quick attacks and as you saw a long ball to hit a runner but also keep a strong defence . .. . English style is different . .it's more wing play and crosses which I don't really fancy. .. .although I might give Leeds a go in my next Ml.

Fair enough, it's good to know that you have chosen a certain league because of the way that they play. That shows that teams play differently. I like the feature where you can see both team's attacking percentage areas. I make it a point of trying to get it even, to keep the CPU guessing.

IMO there are two sorts of games you are not supposed to win in ML.
One where no matter how much, you score, you will loose the game because every time the CPU comes before goal, they score (often because your players refuse to do what tehy are supposed to do).

And then a second that often ends 0-0. Matches were you have more than 20 shots on goal but you just can't score...

Although this second sort is also heavily scripted, in a perverse way i like them. I've had two like that with Huddersfield and one of the first sort and i drew them all...

Currently Huddersfield are third in their first EPL season. Got something like 30 points now another 10 and we're staying up. Dollberg is a gem...and also like Redmond and Bojan.

Try -2 speed and see if you can beat that script. I find I can tackle better and get that last challenge in more often because it is slightly slower.

Here is the Chelsea match. Come on Barnsley beat those rich kids...

Fair enough, it's good to know that you have chosen a certain league because of the way that they play. That shows that teams play differently. I like the feature where you can see both team's attacking percentage areas. I make it a point of trying to get it even, to keep the CPU guessing.

Try -2 speed and see if you can beat that script. I find I can tackle better and get that last challenge in more often because it is slightly slower.

Here is the Chelsea match. Come on Barnsley beat those rich kids...

Geeeee you could have won that game .. . . .how did you miss that sitter at the end? Just hit it and it's in from either player. Good to see that you're not getting slaughtered. I failed in the 2 legged final for promotion. . . .maybe I should be managing Leeds ha ha .. . . .the final was ridiculously scripted I couldn't get a foot on the ball in both games .. . Avelllino who I normally piss on sudddenly became brilliant... . it was like a force field around each player and he couldn't lose the ball. . ..the took the ball from me at will and won everything .. .my players felt like someone had a slider for each of them and when I get the ball quickly slide it down to zero. . .it's what I expected I never won a playoff before because of scripting .. . .. here's their second goal to kill off the tie after they beat me in the first leg 1-0 .. it meant I would need 3 goals to progress.. . .stuck in Serie b.

Out of interest did You stick with Your usual formation or try anything different, or telling another player to join the attack? I have won a scripted play off after a 0-0 by scoring first then keeping a wide passing system going and depriving their forwards of the ball.Longest 90 mins ever but clung on with every tactic I could think of.

Out of interest did You stick with Your usual formation or try anything different, or telling another player to join the attack? I have won a scripted play off after a 0-0 by scoring first then keeping a wide passing system going and depriving their forwards of the ball.Longest 90 mins ever but clung on with every tactic I could think of.

I switched to a 3-5-2 from 4-4-2 it looked promising because I scored a goal from a jammy deflection to lead but I just couldn't get near the ball after that. I've tried everything at this stage . . . .if Mr. script says no he means no.

Geeeee you could have won that game .. . . .how did you miss that sitter at the end? Just hit it and it's in from either player. Good to see that you're not getting slaughtered. I failed in the 2 legged final for promotion. . . .maybe I should be managing Leeds ha ha .. . . .the final was ridiculously scripted I couldn't get a foot on the ball in both games .. . Avelllino who I normally piss on sudddenly became brilliant... . it was like a force field around each player and he couldn't lose the ball. . ..the took the ball from me at will and won everything .. .my players felt like someone had a slider for each of them and when I get the ball quickly slide it down to zero. . .it's what I expected I never won a playoff before because of scripting .. . .. here's their second goal to kill off the tie after they beat me in the first leg 1-0 .. it meant I would need 3 goals to progress.. . .stuck in Serie b.

Heh heh I did try to hit it, pressing 'shoot' too frantically probably. They just reacted too slow, nothing to do with their manager :P

Sorry about the play offs. :(

A couple of things that I do that helps me a lot (although you wouldn't think so looking at my poor run of form)

'Swarm the Box' which means my defenders pack out my penalty area when defending.
I get my full backs to man mark their closest attacker
I get my CB's to man mark too.
Also, which is probably the most effective, i pressure the ball carrier with my AI controlled player and move my controlled defender into the box so that I can try to intercept the ball.
Also MINUS 2 speed! Try it Deco just once or twice.

Obviously it doesn't always work and sometimes I forget what I'm doing :P but I haven't experienced much scripting at all especially with MINUS 2 speed!

If it is scripting I just imagine my player having an off day.

I suppose it's whatever suits you. I read so many complain about the game but for me it is really good. It's good getting to know my players too. Yiadom is playing fantastic on the right and Garritano is playing fantastic since I moved him to the left wing. My top striker Winnall is struggling a bit now though in the EPL. It's like he is lacking confidence since moving up a division.

Just played v Tottenham and will upload soon.

Heh heh I did try to hit it, pressing 'shoot' too frantically probably. They just reacted too slow, nothing to do with their manager :P

Sorry about the play offs. :(

A couple of things that I do that helps me a lot (although you wouldn't think so looking at my poor run of form)

'Swarm the Box' which means my defenders pack out my penalty area when defending.
I get my full backs to man mark their closest attacker
I get my CB's to man mark too.
Also, which is probably the most effective, i pressure the ball carrier with my AI controlled player and move my controlled defender into the box so that I can try to intercept the ball.
Also MINUS 2 speed! Try it Deco just once or twice.

Obviously it doesn't always work and sometimes I forget what I'm doing :P but I haven't experienced much scripting at all especially with MINUS 2 speed!

If it is scripting I just imagine my player having an off day.

I suppose it's whatever suits you. I read so many complain about the game but for me it is really good. It's good getting to know my players too. Yiadom is playing fantastic on the right and Garritano is playing fantastic since I moved him to the left wing. My top striker Winnall is struggling a bit now though in the EPL. It's like he is lacking confidence since moving up a division.

Just played v Tottenham and will upload soon.

Do you have Yiadom and Garritano over to your gaff for a few games of pes and beers ? Hope you don't get to know them too well . . ..could be awkward if the wife walked in. I'll have a look at -2 . . believe me Geeeee if the scripting says that you don't win .. .you don't win . . .nothing will change it. . .I tried something like you said there about marking before and they scored from 30-40 yards twice.

Do you have Yiadom and Garritano over to your gaff for a few games of pes and beers ? Hope you don't get to know them too well . . ..could be awkward if the wife walked in. I'll have a look at -2 . . believe me Geeeee if the scripting says that you don't win .. .you don't win . . .nothing will change it. . .I tried something like you said there about marking before and they scored from 30-40 yards twice.

But when I played that match earlier in the Emirates Cup against Fulham the first two times I played it we lost 1-0 on -1 speed but when I changed it to -2 we won. Although on Top Player not Superstar.

Heh heh love to see those goals...was you marking their keeper? :P

The next match....v Tottenham....cmon you Spurs...oops...sorry...Barnsley! :)

I'm going to put the commentating back on again as it does add to the atmosphere. Although annoying at times.

But when I played that match earlier in the Emirates Cup against Fulham the first two times I played it we lost 1-0 on -1 speed but when I changed it to -2 we won. Although on Top Player not Superstar.

Heh heh love to see those goals...was you marking their keeper? :P

The next match....v Tottenham....cmon you Spurs...oops...sorry...Barnsley! :)

I'm going to put the commentating back on again as it does add to the atmosphere. Although annoying at times.

Great game Geeee . ..the o.g, , ha ha . .press super cancel next time ... . when you ran through at the 70 mark I said to myself he's gonna panic and miss ha haha. . .I hate those one on ones when I'm through on the keeper. ,. ..that R2 button never works for me when I try and curl it.. . you could have drawn that game buddy . .looked very fast for -2. You're doing well Geeee. . .the worst thing about the small teams is the lack of funds to buy decent players.

Great game Geeee . ..the o.g, , ha ha . .press super cancel next time ... . when you ran through at the 70 mark I said to myself he's gonna panic and miss ha haha. . .I hate those one on ones when I'm through on the keeper. ,. ..that R2 button never works for me when I try and curl it.. . you could have drawn that game buddy . .looked very fast for -2. You're doing well Geeee. . .the worst thing about the small teams is the lack of funds to buy decent players.

Hah hah I thought you would like that game Deco. I panicked with the own goal and yeh Winnall our striker is struggling at the moment. He missed that volley in the first half and just about scored the equaliser and that miss in the second half, I didn't actually panic I just thought I'd smash it in the top corner. And then the other one when the shot it the defender and then the gk. Great stuff. He was top scorer in the Championship.

Regarding funds I was tempted to sign youth players and sell them on which has been suggested but I want to keep it real. Would you suggest spending money on declining players that are around 80 OVR or younger players that are improving?

I was kinda expecting a boost in funds when I got promoted but don't think I got anything. :(

Hah hah I thought you would like that game Deco. I panicked with the own goal and yeh Winnall our striker is struggling at the moment. He missed that volley in the first half and just about scored the equaliser and that miss in the second half, I didn't actually panic I just thought I'd smash it in the top corner. And then the other one when the shot it the defender and then the gk. Great stuff. He was top scorer in the Championship.

Regarding funds I was tempted to sign youth players and sell them on which has been suggested but I want to keep it real. Would you suggest spending money on declining players that are around 80 OVR or younger players that are improving?

I was kinda expecting a boost in funds when I got promoted but don't think I got anything. :(

Lately I'm only buying improving young players Geeeee .. ..I'v been stung many times when I've bought older guys to find them retiring the next season after paying out 10 to 15 million. . . I thought you would have got a rake of money for getting promoted . ..sure I only got 2 million for reaching the playoff final .. I have to learn how to dribble in training, you can turn a match with a bit of footwork.

Match 6 of what is turning out to be a tough season. Will Barnsley get a point at Old Trafford?

Match 6 of what is turning out to be a tough season. Will Barnsley get a point at Old Trafford?

You did well geeeee good pass for the first goal ... . very hard to stop the big fella. . . . filthy tackle at the end. .. good to see ha ha.

I played my first match of season 3 as Perugia v Novara. .. . they thrashed me 1-3. . . .next up was Trapani unbelieveably easy win, I won 2-0 but honestly it could have been 12 . ..not putting up the footage too one -sided. .. here's the match stats

You did well geeeee good pass for the first goal ... . very hard to stop the big fella. . . . filthy tackle at the end. .. good to see ha ha.

I played my first match of season 3 as Perugia v Novara. .. . they thrashed me 1-3. . . .next up was Trapani unbelieveably easy win, I won 2-0 but honestly it could have been 12 . ..not putting up the footage too one -sided. .. here's the match stats

The United game was so boring they played like they've been playing i real life very defensive. We are second from bottom now and I'm beginning to realise it will be a relegation fight which should be interesting. So far played 6 won 1 lost 5 but tough games one after another, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea, Tottenham, and Man united. Got a couple of Iran friendlies so no footage for a couple of days.

Heh heh that match you played was so one sided I don't think I've had that many shots before.

The United game was so boring they played like they've been playing i real life very defensive. We are second from bottom now and I'm beginning to realise it will be a relegation fight which should be interesting. So far played 6 won 1 lost 5 but tough games one after another, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea, Tottenham, and Man united. Got a couple of Iran friendlies so no footage for a couple of days.

Heh heh that match you played was so one sided I don't think I've had that many shots before.

I decided to manage Colombia as well. . .. .a break from Serie B. . .but now it's the 3rd match of the season in season 3. . . . .

Pro Vercelli v Perugia

You know the saying "When in doubt. . ..head into your own net" . .2 defeats from 3 matches, not good.

Last edited:
I decided to manage Colombia as well. . .. .a break from Serie B. . .but now it's the 3rd match of the season in season 3. . . . .

Pro Vercelli v Perugia

You know the saying "When in doubt. . ..head into your own net" . .2 defeats from 3 matches, not good.

Before their second goal you had quite a lot of players back. You know the other saying "too many cooks....head into your own net" :P

Have you tried International management before? Just wondering if the tournaments get tougher than the friendlies? So far I feel it's a waste, for example I took over Iran, their TS was around 70, I put my tactics to them and it went down to 50. So I was looking forward to some really tough games (albeit friendlies) while I worked out the best team. But so far I have played 3 games and won 2 and drawn 1 but they have all been really easy. Even though I am on Top Player and with 50 TS! I quit the last game at half time because I had about 62 percent possession. I will probably sim them. :(

Before their second goal you had quite a lot of players back. You know the other saying "too many cooks....head into your own net" :P

Have you tried International management before? Just wondering if the tournaments get tougher than the friendlies? So far I feel it's a waste, for example I took over Iran, their TS was around 70, I put my tactics to them and it went down to 50. So I was looking forward to some really tough games (albeit friendlies) while I worked out the best team. But so far I have played 3 games and won 2 and drawn 1 but they have all been really easy. Even though I am on Top Player and with 50 TS! I quit the last game at half time because I had about 62 percent possession. I will probably sim them. :(

I was on a green bar so I don't know why they were back that far. Yes geeeee tournaments are tougher . .I sometimes sim friendlies as well .. . . only signed up for a change and or to play somebody interesting on the International stage.. . ..I remember last years Pes I did the same and some matches even the friendlies were great . . .it was like the Cpu set the levels to professional or lower and it was very free to play.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom