The Master League adventures thread

I think that is a good idea but like you said it will mess up the option file. I used to do that on PES 5 but swapping option files was easier.

Do they still turn out to be superstars though?

I think they do mostly because they restart at a pretty high overall I signed 18yr old Cassano regen 72 (I renamed him Ravelli) and he was at 82 by the age of 25

I usually stick with one ML so it doesnt matter if i mess up the OF outside of my master league save and then download an updated OF once I start a new ML

I can't imagine that they reincarnate players because they haven't thought of generating new ones - as you say, to implement that shouldn't be a problem.

I can only imagine that it's to add some kind of fun factor to the game, some way of not losing superstars and getting bored with a load of generic names and faces after 10 seasons. Konami put in way too many of these little touches for it to be a coincidence.

In the same way that you can disable "classic players" from appearing in the ML (because apparently some people find it fun to do that), you should be able to disable reincarnation.

This is where the problem lies, I think this is 100% the case where Konami don't want to waste all the effort they have put into stats and likenesses just for it to disappear after a season or two of Master League. However i bet if we asked and got an 'official' answer we'd be told it's for 'licensing purposes' or something along those lines.

From my point of view I can half understand it and would be happy to keep the regenerated players as it is currently as 'reincarnations', I know some people get annoyed at having a 16 year old luca toni with the face of the 40 year old but personally it doesn't bother me.

I feel like there are several options they have to improve the situation and I don't think any of them would be that hard to implement. The first and most simple one would be just to lower the OPR that these players start with as a 16 year old. surely nobody wants to see a 16 year old totti rated 79 knowing that in 2 seasons he'll be an OPR 90+ monster?

Further to that, a name randomizer. all retired players are given 2 components. 'Name and Face' and 'Everything else' (Physique, stats, position etc), when the players regenerate a random name is assigned to a random 'everything else' So a 16 year old 'Rooney' could appear in a south american team as a 16 year old left back who's max development OPR is 75 and the next statistical Rooney could be called and look like... i dunno, Pedro Mendes or some shit. This to me is just as good and less complicated to implement than a FM style regen system with random new appearance and stats.

I don't think regens should be in the game at all . . they ruin it for me . . .if Konami weren't so lazy they could have a look at each clubs youth teams in real life and bring them into Ml as your youth team and randomly allow some of them to develop quickly.

Second goal of a quick fire double to kill the game off at the start against Brescia. . .up to 4th in the League.

A big test for us now . .playing against Empoli who are in second spot. . this will tell us how good or bad we are.

About the regens, there is a simple solution. When setting up the ML, give people the choice: with or without regens. That can't be difficult to implement.
I've said this countless times: the lack of customization is for me the single biggest error Konami makes. Give each player the chance to play ML his own way...this is an offline mode so, why not (look for instance at NBA2K).

About the regens, there is a simple solution. When setting up the ML, give people the choice: with or without regens. That can't be difficult to implement.
I've said this countless times: the lack of customization is for me the single biggest error Konami makes. Give each player the chance to play ML his own way...this is an offline mode so, why not (look for instance at NBA2K).

I also agree that this could be an option however if you play a master league for 15 years, the player pool will decrease dramatically and the youngest player you can buy would be 31

Then give players the choice when the regens start to appear, i would say after a minimum of five years...

The difference between 3 valuable points and a 0-0 draw... . .a dodgy offside . . .robbed.

Heh heh yep you were robbed Deco, happens in real life though.

Here is our first game in the Premier League.

Top Player
15mins
Manual Shooting
Level 1 Assisted Passing
Speed -1

Heh heh yep you were robbed Deco, happens in real life though.

Here is our first game in the Premier League.

Top Player
15mins
Manual Shooting
Level 1 Assisted Passing
Speed -1

Well done geeeee I'm impressed . . . great goal there bud . .top flight and up to top player. . . you could have had 4 goals . . .did you lower the speed . .looked calmer than the Championship.

Well done geeeee I'm impressed . . . great goal there bud . .top flight and up to top player. . . you could have had 4 goals . . .did you lower the speed . .looked calmer than the Championship.

Thanks but not as good as you with full manual and superstar. The speed was the same, it might be because in the highlights i included a little bit extra build up play.

Really enjoying the Premier League.

Next two matches very tough, Liverpool away and Newcastle at home...

My first game at Anfield and I found it really difficult to see the dots on the radar.

Not a bad match this one. . Perugia v Trapani . .a great fluke goal from Andone. . .well it looked like a fluke.. .Still in the top 8 and chasing a playoff place.

Next two matches very tough, Liverpool away and Newcastle at home...

My first game at Anfield and I found it really difficult to see the dots on the radar.

Geeee, the chances you had against the pool. . . especially the first one . . .what made you lunge in for the penalty against Newcastle ? You were well in the game up to that.. .come back with a win next time.

Geeee, the chances you had against the pool. . . especially the first one . . .what made you lunge in for the penalty against Newcastle ? You were well in the game up to that.. .come back with a win next time.

I think one of the chances my player had a poor shot from range and I didn't realise the keeper would fumble it so I didn't react quick enough when the ball fell to Winnall.

That penalty, to be honest I wasn't meant to lunge in. I panicked a bit trying to control the right player and that's what happened. The problem is that Engels is a beast so we will miss him in the next league match.

Forgot to quote your other post but loved the game, some great scrambles in the box. Your forth goal was unlucky for their keeper after making those two saves.

Finally some more PES for you guys. Just finished my move and now here is the first episode back after a few weeks off.

Haven't had a chance to watch your video yet, I will watch it later :)

Next up for Barnsley, the Emirates Cup 1st round against Fulham.
I decided to put the speed back down to -2 and turn the commentary off again.

I really enjoyed this game, some good battles in there.

I have to say -2 speed is the way to go, makes it less end to end for me.

I tried PES2015 yesterday but turned it off at half time. Your players just stand around and don't run into positions. The CPU just passes about and doesn't cross. So predictable for me. I used someone's tactics as well that are supposed to make the teams play better but not for me I'm afraid.

I think one of the chances my player had a poor shot from range and I didn't realise the keeper would fumble it so I didn't react quick enough when the ball fell to Winnall.

That penalty, to be honest I wasn't meant to lunge in. I panicked a bit trying to control the right player and that's what happened. The problem is that Engels is a beast so we will miss him in the next league match.

Forgot to quote your other post but loved the game, some great scrambles in the box. Your forth goal was unlucky for their keeper after making those two saves.

Haven't had a chance to watch your video yet, I will watch it later :)

Next up for Barnsley, the Emirates Cup 1st round against Fulham.
I decided to put the speed back down to -2 and turn the commentary off again.

I really enjoyed this game, some good battles in there.

I have to say -2 speed is the way to go, makes it less end to end for me.

I tried PES2015 yesterday but turned it off at half time. Your players just stand around and don't run into positions. The CPU just passes about and doesn't cross. So predictable for me. I used someone's tactics as well that are supposed to make the teams play better but not for me I'm afraid.

Good win geeeee lovely work by the winger for the first goal . . ..was thinking about -2 .. .thanks for letting me know about 2015 ... .I hated it and sold it when it came out .. .good to see you enjoying the Ml keep putting the vids up .

I'm curious what you guys are using for you speed settings for your 17 ML. I'm currently using 0 Speed setting at 20 min with Top Player difficulty.

I'm curious what you guys are using for you speed settings for your 17 ML. I'm currently using 0 Speed setting at 20 min with Top Player difficulty.

I'm on Superstar manual passing manual shooting .. -1 speed. . 20 mins.

Pes 6 Default - Manchester City

Played ML so many times, first time to win "Overall Best Player" award.
View attachment 645

Fast forward to a season 3- division 1. Great match against Lazio (first goal missing, scored for city by aguero)

https://streamable.com/jzvjw

More pictures... Modric best midfielder so far...

View attachment 646 View attachment 647 View attachment 648 View attachment 649 View attachment 650 View attachment 651 View attachment 645

Some nice goals in there buddy.

Good win geeeee lovely work by the winger for the first goal . . ..was thinking about -2 .. .thanks for letting me know about 2015 ... .I hated it and sold it when it came out .. .good to see you enjoying the Ml keep putting the vids up .

Give -2 a go, I find it helps you to fight any scripting that there may be.
If I'm honest that Emirates Cup game i played twice before on Friday night (after Spurs messed up against West Ham). I was playing on -1 and both times I lost 1-0 and it felt that it was too fast and also scripted a bit. After the second loss I turned off the PS4 and put it down it me being annoyed at Spurs.

Next day I played it again but on -2 and the game played better. There were times when the CPU had the ball in the box but because it was slightly slower I could react better in defence. There were a couple of times when I thought they were certain to score but my defender got a boot in or a head to it. There was definitely more midfield play. Maybe -2 helps to fight the script.

Pes 6 Default - Manchester City

Played ML so many times, first time to win "Overall Best Player" award.
View attachment 645

Fast forward to a season 3- division 1. Great match against Lazio (first goal missing, scored for city by aguero)

https://streamable.com/jzvjw

More pictures... Modric best midfielder so far...

View attachment 646 View attachment 647 View attachment 648 View attachment 649 View attachment 650 View attachment 651 View attachment 645

Good second goal. And good to see some classic players there. One thing that always annoyed me with PES5 and 6 is that the Overall ratings always included retired players. So eventually you would have 2 Henry's in the same list. But I do like the total goals and assists, one thing that I wish they kept in the later editions.

I play -2, 15mins, Top Player.

Give -2 a go, I find it helps you to fight any scripting that there may be.
If I'm honest that Emirates Cup game i played twice before on Friday night (after Spurs messed up against West Ham). I was playing on -1 and both times I lost 1-0 and it felt that it was too fast and also scripted a bit. After the second loss I turned off the PS4 and put it down it me being annoyed at Spurs.

Next day I played it again but on -2 and the game played better. There were times when the CPU had the ball in the box but because it was slightly slower I could react better in defence. There were a couple of times when I thought they were certain to score but my defender got a boot in or a head to it. There was definitely more midfield play. Maybe -2 helps to fight the script.

Good second goal. And good to see some classic players there. One thing that always annoyed me with PES5 and 6 is that the Overall ratings always included retired players. So eventually you would have 2 Henry's in the same list. But I do like the total goals and assists, one thing that I wish they kept in the later edition
I play -2, 15mins, Top Player.

It's rough on Spurs Geeee two years in a row .. .. not over yet .. .. look at my boys Leeds. . they never fail to let me down.

It's rough on Spurs Geeee two years in a row .. .. not over yet .. .. look at my boys Leeds. . they never fail to let me down.

It's a gutter Deco, but I'm really pleased with what they have done especially with the youngsters. Just hope they can keep them.

Your guys just missed out on the playoffs I see. Gary Monk has done ok, maybe next season.

That's what's good about ML. I'm just hoping Spurs come in with an offer so that I can win the title with them. I keep an eye on how they are doing and they bought Wesley Sneijder last season and he was their top assist. He helped them to reach the Champions League final losing to Barcelona.

It's a gutter Deco, but I'm really pleased with what they have done especially with the youngsters. Just hope they can keep them.

Your guys just missed out on the playoffs I see. Gary Monk has done ok, maybe next season.

That's what's good about ML. I'm just hoping Spurs come in with an offer so that I can win the title with them. I keep an eye on how they are doing and they bought Wesley Sneijder last season and he was their top assist. He helped them to reach the Champions League final losing to Barcelona.

I get what you're saying geeee about Spurs, I was really hoping that they would do it this year ..Pochettino's a good manager . .they're just lacking a bit of steel .. . supporting leeds since 1970.. . went through all the disappointments especially the bribed ref in the '75 final against Munich . . . Eddie gray .. Johnny giles . .Billy Bremner.. Lorimer .. .brought up on english soccer even though I supported my local club St patricks Athletic . . .I meet Mick O'brien a lot (a neighbour). . an Irish goalie who was famous for pulling the crossbar down. .. .Brian Moore from the Big match loved him and used to show footage of his antics . . .Mick told me he had the honour of playing in goal against AC Milan. ..and my neighbour growing up was David o' Leary. . .sorry for going off topic moderators.

Saint and Greavsie having a laugh.

Ok back to business . . .1st round 1st leg playoff Perugia v Bari. . . .exquisite manual long ball to the runner Andone. . . trap and finish for the first goal . . this is what it's all about for me and why I think that Pes 2017 is worth playing.

Back
Top Bottom