The Master League adventures thread

So i finished the season 14th... The game is being really stingy with their club offers which is good in a way. I was offered both Carpi and Chievo who finished either side of me. My team rating was very similar so budget gamble aside, i didn't see the point of moving... unfortunately the board has only given me 3.5m to spend on new players...

One thing i've decided to do is have a whole new tactical approach, the one I previously had was very much a 4-5-1ish workaround for the original 4-4-2 I utilised with Bari. I made it even more defensive in Serie A to cope with the better teams I was facing and if i want to kick on I can't do the same thing this season

.I'm going for a fresh approach to better utilise my best assets and i'm going to try a more flexible and fluid possession game. i'm attempting to go for the tottenham hotspur 3-4-2-1 approach

yKrZOGC.png

This image shows the 'out of possession' formation. as you can see i'm still going for the solid defence first philosophy, the arrows denote the transition to the in possession formation. my full backs will become LM and RM, and my LM and RM will both become SS. The reason I am doing this is because Both my full backs are offensive and in a back four they are always charging forward regardless of my instructions, hopefully this makes use of them better but still gives me good defensive numbers

I'm hoping to get a centre back in with the build up attribute to help play it out from defence and a centre midfielder with the box-to-box attribute, the latter will compliment Yebli's destroyer attribute. i'm definitely going to have to sell at least one player to make this happen though and it might have to be my current left back Germoni (who has developed to be rated 82) who could fetch about 11m. otherwise I have a winger who would be surplus in this formation who could bring in about 5m.

Really wish you could organise friendlies to help me tweak the formation before the season starts... it's a brave move which could ultimately end in my sacking!

Can you not save team data and go into training mode against the team of your choice and practise that way?

Can you not save team data and go into training mode against the team of your choice and practise that way?

I might do. more than anything i'm interested how the advanced tactics will affect the fluid formation. I won't have any need for advanced full backs considering the formation transitions them into midfielders when I am in possession. I do wonder what would happen if I selected 'hug the touchline' will my 2 SS'ers keep out wide or will it be my full back-cum-wingers? perhaps If i want the SS'ers to sometimes stick wide. I should go for wing rotation and flexible formation?

I might do. more than anything i'm interested how the advanced tactics will affect the fluid formation. I won't have any need for advanced full backs considering the formation transitions them into midfielders when I am in possession. I do wonder what would happen if I selected 'hug the touchline' will my 2 SS'ers keep out wide or will it be my full back-cum-wingers? perhaps If i want the SS'ers to sometimes stick wide. I should go for wing rotation and flexible formation?

I found hug the touchline will keep your ss's too wide and act like wingers. I like the ss'ers to cut in a lot. When the full backs turn into midfielders the wing rotation will help them push up and interact out wide with the ss'ers. . or cut in if you like.. Advanced full backs can work great sometimes instead of wing rotation but as you know can leave gaps. Sometimes flexible formation can get things a bit muddled with 2 players in the same position chasing the same ball. What the hell... experiment in training, only way you will truly find out without risking anything.

I found hug the touchline will keep your ss's too wide and act like wingers. I like the ss'ers to cut in a lot. When the full backs turn into midfielders the wing rotation will help them push up and interact out wide with the ss'ers. . or cut in if you like.. Advanced full backs can work great sometimes instead of wing rotation but as you know can leave gaps. Sometimes flexible formation can get things a bit muddled with 2 players in the same position chasing the same ball. What the hell... experiment in training, only way you will truly find out without risking anything.

Thanks man, well i like the idea of having the option to switch on having those SS's go wide, i definitely wouldn't start with it but if I was struggling and think I can get a bit of oopmh on the flanks i think it's a good tactic. i'll definitely have to decide which one of that or wing rotation goes alongside good old centering targets.

i'm going to utilise all 3 on the fly slots as well. i think i'll have a slight tweak with 3-4-1-2 as a more attacking option and then a 3rd defensive option that keeps the fullbacks as fullbacks both in and out of possession but with the advanced full backs option availble in case I want to switch things up.

Thanks man, well i like the idea of having the option to switch on having those SS's go wide, i definitely wouldn't start with it but if I was struggling and think I can get a bit of oopmh on the flanks i think it's a good tactic. i'll definitely have to decide which one of that or wing rotation goes alongside good old centering targets.

i'm going to utilise all 3 on the fly slots as well. i think i'll have a slight tweak with 3-4-1-2 as a more attacking option and then a 3rd defensive option that keeps the fullbacks as fullbacks both in and out of possession but with the advanced full backs option availble in case I want to switch things up.

I always use all 3 slots as well as fluid formation...a balanced one, a defensive one and a full on attack one....sometimes during a match I'd notice that the amf or cmf's were too far forward or too deep and tweak it during the match and next of all you're winning...unless it's a heavily scripted ML match and wouldn't matter if you had 20 players and they had 8. Have to start a new ML soon...haven't tried Matt's new tweak yet ..just wondering which way would you implement it for all the Cpu teams and how it would work out in an ML.

FC Belgium yo,

So my first season in first division of Kontinental-Liga (don't ask) was...weird. I've ended on 3rd spot in the league, with barely 56 points (15W-11D-4L) and 39-22 goal balance. What the hell man this feels sooo different from patched PES :D Tons of fun. I thought it'd be easy since only real power in my league is Bayern but damn it's all the other way around. All French teams, despite not that good stats, are soo good at defending and it's really hard to play against them, especially OM damn those guys. Otoh Bayern is the easiest team to play against ever :D Can't explain it! Beaten them 3-0 in first league game, 3-2 in the second and most importantly got another easy 3-0 in D1 Cup final :D I could barely score in league but cup was something different. Ajax got 4-0d, Monaco 4-1d, it was all too damn easy. Bruxelles is fantastic derby rival - I've won both games but they were so damn tough, it's good to have a top level local rival let me say that.

Bayern won the league (and I don't get it they're awful), and PSV was second they are really good. They got Mista from Valencia and play 4-3-3 their offensive power is immense :D

And so 2008 ended and I went to 2009 season. There weren't many acqusitions. Sorin (GK), Raul Albiol (CB), Faubert(CMF) and Fletcher (CMF) maybe Vanaudenaerde (SB) too or was it last winter I don't remember I don't play that often :D

eD6vrVk.png

2009 so far is a blast. First group phase of European Champions Cup was great. Tyneside (1-1 and 1-0) were decent, Valencia (4-0, 3-2) was not and Arsenal (2-1, 4-4) was, well they were weird :D In second phase we're up against Atletico (1-0, 0-0) fantastic team, terrific defense, London FC (0-0) they suck ass and Manchester United (3-0) they even worse :D In D1 Cup we knocked out Monaco (again) and now we face Ajax (again!) but it's 2-0 after first game so it should be easy. Ajax is weird - 7th in the league, really shitty defence, but they rock in their ECC group we might meet them in final knockout round :D Speaking of league, I'm -5 behind Bayern (whom I've beaten 4-0 again what the hell) and just got past PSV after surprisingly beaten them...ye you guessed it, 4-0 :D Last season I had 39 goals in 30 games, now it's 32 in 15 we are firepower. Park C.Y is the main striker, Jenner and de Mul always get few in, but Benzema and Kerzhakov are scoring some too so it's okay when it comes to goals, unless we play against the damn French! :)

Now winter transfers are upon me, I want another good CB (Song Bilong probably), another good DMF (Haested looks fantastic) and a replacement for Dembele to have a replacement for Park C.Y since Dembele just doesn't work for me :( I could also trade off Ogasawara for some other decent AMF. Not that many transfer plans really, and there's 50k points in the bank so it's great! :D

Also after this season my contract with Sonny and PolyStation3 promotion thing will expire and now I'm thinking...Totoya, Autowagen, Somesung, Nocquia, there's so many offers coming in and Sonny wants to stay too...really can't decide who to pick!

I love this game :D

Streaming some Master League now and then under twitch.tv/daretostream , right now I'm playing as Monaco against PSG.

Transfer window is over.

INS
Remy - Loan (Crystal Palace) OPR 73: I do love an aging centre forward on a short contract, but his pace, experience and fox in the box ability makes him a good sub or second choice striker, can also contribute as one of the SS's

Kirchkoff - £4m (Sunderland) OPR 74: Solid 30year old CB or DM, will play in the middle of my back 3 or as a DM if Yebli is ever injured or in bad condition

Mazzitelli - £4.5m (Sassuolo) OPR 75: good all round 25 year old centre midfielder to replace last seasons loans of Van Ginkel and Bentaleb, still has development potential.

and some freebies in L Curto (OPR 70) as a backup centre back and Sean Murray (OPR 71) as a backup midfielder

Only had to sell my now surplus winger (because of formation change) K. Boateng for £5m to fund all of that so all in all pretty successful. Started off the season with a good 2-2 draw against Roma and followed it up with a 3-0 smashing of Lazio. Empoli beat me 2-1 in the 3rd game and then i played a weakened team in the cup against citadella and it finished 2-2.

Loads more goals than in my previous formation! not sure if the patch has contributed to this though

Ok 8 matches in of my new Ml with Deportivo . ..can I record my first win?

The answer is no. . ..could be relegated if this keeps up.

Transfer window is over.

INS
Remy - Loan (Crystal Palace) OPR 73: I do love an aging centre forward on a short contract, but his pace, experience and fox in the box ability makes him a good sub or second choice striker, can also contribute as one of the SS's

Kirchkoff - £4m (Sunderland) OPR 74: Solid 30year old CB or DM, will play in the middle of my back 3 or as a DM if Yebli is ever injured or in bad condition

Mazzitelli - £4.5m (Sassuolo) OPR 75: good all round 25 year old centre midfielder to replace last seasons loans of Van Ginkel and Bentaleb, still has development potential.

and some freebies in L Curto (OPR 70) as a backup centre back and Sean Murray (OPR 71) as a backup midfielder

Only had to sell my now surplus winger (because of formation change) K. Boateng for £5m to fund all of that so all in all pretty successful. Started off the season with a good 2-2 draw against Roma and followed it up with a 3-0 smashing of Lazio. Empoli beat me 2-1 in the 3rd game and then i played a weakened team in the cup against citadella and it finished 2-2.

Loads more goals than in my previous formation! not sure if the patch has contributed to this though

Robbie . .put up a few videos for fecks sake . . .do I have to carry you all on this ML page for entertainment ha ha.

i'll record my cup game 2nd leg against citadella, should be difficult as i'll make changes to try out some new players and combos. It's a lottery as to whether it'll be a 100mph slide fest or a well paced entertaining game going by my previous few games

Just for you Deco, here is my 4th league match of Serie A this season (current record W1 D1 L1) I am up against rivals Hellas Verona. I thought that the rivals match would mean a 100mph crapfest but no, actually the match was played at a decent pace.

This is what you'd definitely call a smash and grab victory, Verona are on top of me from minute one, constantly closing me down and crowding me out, the little time and space I do create I am very wasteful... my new tactics obviously don't work well against their front three so i make a bit of a change at HT, going to counter attack, deeper and more compact and forcing my wing backs to mark their wide forwards.

I did think it was one of those 'scripted games' where I was bound to lose no matter what, but then in the 82nd minute, one substitute Murray, who i brought on because he is more of a ball player, launched one forward to another sub Remy who got the lightest of flick ons, a THIRD sub Sanogo chased it down through persistance and forced a corner which i then stole a winner from!

Particularly pleased for Sanogo who i was intent on selling, but decided to loan out my young understudy striker instead and keep him to give him one last chance. He didn't score but got the header from the corner (which I havent scored from in forever....)

Just for you Deco, here is my 4th league match of Serie A this season (current record W1 D1 L1) I am up against rivals Hellas Verona. I thought that the rivals match would mean a 100mph crapfest but no, actually the match was played at a decent pace.

This is what you'd definitely call a smash and grab victory, Verona are on top of me from minute one, constantly closing me down and crowding me out, the little time and space I do create I am very wasteful... my new tactics obviously don't work well against their front three so i make a bit of a change at HT, going to counter attack, deeper and more compact and forcing my wing backs to mark their wide forwards.

I did think it was one of those 'scripted games' where I was bound to lose no matter what, but then in the 82nd minute, one substitute Murray, who i brought on because he is more of a ball player, launched one forward to another sub Remy who got the lightest of flick ons, a THIRD sub Sanogo chased it down through persistance and forced a corner which i then stole a winner from!

Particularly pleased for Sanogo who i was intent on selling, but decided to loan out my young understudy striker instead and keep him to give him one last chance. He didn't score but got the header from the corner (which I havent scored from in forever....)

At last something to watch. . .great smash and grab ..I love those. . you defended very well .. a deserved victory. Robbie what settings are you using? I'm on Superstar manual passing and shooting and -1 speed. . ..I think I'll have to go down to Top player and start again in Serie B.

I fired up the PS3 last night and restarted my old Pes 16 Ml save and it was great fun . .a bit more space to move and pass in midfield and was way more enjoyable, but I didn't realise how much slower Pes 16 played compared to 17

Last edited:
At last something to watch. . .great smash and grab ..I love those. . you defended very well .. a deserved victory. Robbie what settings are you using? I'm on Superstar manual passing and shooting and -1 speed. . ..I think I'll have to go down to Top player and start again in Serie B.

I fired up the PS3 last night and restarted my old Pes 16 Ml save and it was great fun . .a bit more space to move and pass in midfield and was way more enjoyable, but I didn't realise how much slower Pes 16 played compared to 17
Deco did you try at -2 speed? Dont you think is enjoyable too?

Thanks, i think i defended well too, I focused all my attention on it seeing as i was under the kosh. very disappointing in my attacking play though, couldn;'t string anything together.

I play manual pass ing and shooting, superstar difficulty and default speed

Thanks, i think i defended well too, I focused all my attention on it seeing as i was under the kosh. very disappointing in my attacking play though, couldn;'t string anything together.

I play manual pass ing and shooting, superstar difficulty and default speed

Ok Robbie ta . .. .I must be just shite if that's the case.

Started a new ML in Serie B with Bari . ..played 3 mathces tonight and the patch played ok . .could be by dropping down to weaker teams slows it down a bit. . .anyway next match against Ascoli on the back of 2 narrow defeats.

Alright, so I am on 23 match winning streak on Master League and the last lost I had was against Watford which I lost 4-1. I am playing on Superstar with Southampton and I usually beat teams like Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool by 6-1. Is there any way to make the game more harder? Already have the shooting on manual but don't want the passing to be manual as It kinda loses how the stats reflects the game.

Alright, so I am on 23 match winning streak on Master League and the last lost I had was against Watford which I lost 4-1. I am playing on Superstar with Southampton and I usually beat teams like Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool by 6-1. Is there any way to make the game more harder? Already have the shooting on manual but don't want the passing to be manual as It kinda loses how the stats reflects the game.

Manual passing makes a huge difference. .. .give it a go for a couple of matches.

Started a new ML in Serie B with Bari . ..played 3 mathces tonight and the patch played ok . .could be by dropping down to weaker teams slows it down a bit. . .anyway next match against Ascoli on the back of 2 narrow defeats.

Do my Boys proud. Yebli is a young player worth playing and growing & Basha was my rock in midfield

finished 9th with Bari then lost in the play-off semi's with Ternana in first season and then won the play-offs in the second, now in my second season in Serie A...

I've already had an offer to join Torino in January... now that is mighty tempting.

I really wish my recordings on PC weren't so "framey" - probably need to tweak with my OBS settings because I wish I'd recorded this game.

Had such a good Champions League last 16 match against Atletico Madrid as Chelsea. Lost 1-0 away and was being peppered with shots for pretty much the entire first half before Carrasco grabbed a goal in the 70th minute. Hit the cross bar from a Luiz header off a corner but otherwise didn't threaten them all that much.

Not to worry, we're great at home and I reckon we'll be able to turn it around.

Managed to go 1-0 up with Diego Costa scoring just before the 20 minute mark, Hazard beating Juanfran before slipping a ball through, Costa hitting it first time across the keeper and bringing the tie back to 1-1 overall. As we're approaching half time, Hazard nips away from two in the middle and nutmegs Gabi who brings him down, freekick! Decided to start Willian over Pedro for this game so up steps Willian, curls an absolute beauty in to the top corner. 2-1 and ahead on aggregate!

4WxF9fz.jpg

Second half is quite back and forth, nothing from either side apart from a few good saves from Courtois before Griezman is slipped through, Cahill goes for a last gasp tackle and misjudges. Straight red but Atletico miss the resulting freekick! Last 10 minutes to go and it's all Atletico, I have 6 defenders on the pitch and have just resorted to hitting it long to Costa to try and stall out time. 5 minutes of added time and just as we hit the 91st minute, a looping ball finds Torres who manages to squeeze is just over Courtois. 2-2 on aggregate, Atletico go through on away goals.

Genuinely devastated but such a good game to play - matches/ties like that are why I'll always love PES.

New Ml with Perugia after adjustments we have 37 TS. . first match we were away to Ascoli. . . even though it was fast paced it was still a great match. . very entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom