The Master League adventures thread

Yeh i enjoyed that first half it's just a shame i didnt add more goals. Especially when they went down to ten men. I still love scoring in PES as I'm playing on full manual so it makes it more difficult. The only thing is i just wish the CPU would have more variety of shots. I wish there was more goal mouth scrambles and deflections, the ball hitting the floor and bouncing over the bar and things like that.

Still playing on Prof at the moment as i know that i can lose as much as i win. I am really enjoying the game. I just played a fantastic game against Newcastle one of my best games for tension. I will upload in a couple of days as a bit busy this week.

Geeeee, goals like those screamers you scored there are very rare on Superstar and the majority of goals are scrambles and ricochets. . .. so if you ever move up to SS you can look forward to that.

Geeeee, goals like those screamers you scored there are very rare on Superstar and the majority of goals are scrambles and ricochets. . .. so if you ever move up to SS you can look forward to that.

That's good to know. I will move up eventually maybe once I get promotion. One reason I'm staying on Prof for now is that the league table shows that we are the best goal scorers but also the second worse defence. Until I get that sorted I will stay with Prof.

Thanks for the info Deco. Any pictures of your league table? Would be good to know how you are doing. ;)

That's good to know. I will move up eventually maybe once I get promotion. One reason I'm staying on Prof for now is that the league table shows that we are the best goal scorers but also the second worse defence. Until I get that sorted I will stay with Prof.

Thanks for the info Deco. Any pictures of your league table? Would be good to know how you are doing. ;)

You don't want to know. The problem with Valencia is that they are all small dudes.. . .crosses or long balls are pointless. ..I started again tonight and made sure that I bought Duric from Cesena. . he's like a cheaper version of Ibrahimovic ..tall geezer wins everything in the air , scores and creates chances for others. . .bought him in time for my 3rd match and he lays on a goal and scores as well for a good win.. . .I'll put up my table after a few more games. . . Rodrigo.

Here is my match against Newcastle. We are 5th and they are 8th so a huge game. I felt quite nervous because they have Kaka too. I put my DMF man-marking him. This is how it panned out. Also check out Kaka's dead ball deliveries, fantastic.

So much tension in this match and I loved it. A lot of midfield battles.

Episode 6 is now up on my channel. In this episode QPR face Preston North End and Norwich City in league play. Also Ted Lasso announces his favorite player so far this season. Enjoy

Here is my match against Newcastle. We are 5th and they are 8th so a huge game. I felt quite nervous because they have Kaka too. I put my DMF man-marking him. This is how it panned out. Also check out Kaka's dead ball deliveries, fantastic.

So much tension in this match and I loved it. A lot of midfield battles.

Good match geeee . .lovely own goal looked like he did it deliberately . .. dodgy peno but very well taken bud.

Episode 6 is now up on my channel. In this episode QPR face Preston North End and Norwich City in league play. Also Ted Lasso announces his favorite player so far this season. Enjoy

Nice couple of matches isureaper. . ..what difficulty setting are you using? . . .it looks like Top Player.

Good match geeee . .lovely own goal looked like he did it deliberately . .. dodgy peno but very well taken bud.

In theory that own goal was scored on purpose. I had already pushed the pass button in cutting out the cross but then i couldn't remember how to cancel it. I tried to kick it out for a goal kick but it all happened so quick :P

That was a definite penalty not dodgy at all. Heh heh i had to pause it for 5 minutes to read the instructions on how to take them. I was going to include that in the video. But i thought it would affect the whole atmosphere :P

In theory that own goal was scored on purpose. I had already pushed the pass button in cutting out the cross but then i couldn't remember how to cancel it. I tried to kick it out for a goal kick but it all happened so quick :P

That was a definite penalty not dodgy at all. Heh heh i had to pause it for 5 minutes to read the instructions on how to take them. I was going to include that in the video. But i thought it would affect the whole atmosphere :P

Ha ha ha at least you're honest geeeee.. . .I scored an o.g exactly like that last week and forgot how to stop it as well.

After a little break (which some suggested a couple of pages back after I was becoming a little frustrated), I've played a few games over the past week. I managed to finish the Europa League group stage in first place after Sevilla were (somehow) held to a draw against FK Rostov, while I beat Ludogrets. I was hoping that would mean an easier draw, but I've been drawn against... Fiorentina, in the first knockout stage. Gulp!

The team has really gelled in this second season - they've got a 90 TS now - but playing against the AI is just too predictable. On Superstar (which I have to play on now or every game is a win), I played Arsenal, Man City and Man United, and absolutely steamrollered them. 3-0, 2-0, 3-0, with every game being about 15 shots to (at most) 5.

Then I played West Ham, and they were 2-0 up within 10 minutes... :SS

This is how my season is now - it's almost as if getting over a certain TS level "flips" the game on its head (which is a theory I've mentioned before). I've played Chelsea twice now and in both games scored 4-5 goals - they play three at the back, and with my wingers, it's a walk in the park. But AI formations are static through the season (without a change of manager, which is rare), so I continue to smash in the goals against them.

Yet teams like West Ham, and also West Brom, go on the front-foot almost immediately and provide the toughest challenges of the league season.

Add this to the fact that I've just received my latest youth intake, and I've now got a "16-year-old" John Terry on my books (with a 40-year-old's face)... And the immersion has evaporated.

So I've decided that I'm going to finish this season - try to win the Europa League (I've never won a European competition in any football game) - and then call it a day until the next PES. Love the gameplay, truly, and the fact that I've played it pretty solidly for six months is a testament to that. It's a brilliant game. But (as is to be expected after so long, I think), the AI is too predictable now and the problems I have too grating (mainly, Top Player is too easy and Superstar turns average teams into psychic robots).

I'll upload Europa League highlights if I remember (and if there are any)!

EDIT: Meant to say, I play on PA1 and I'm sure people will suggest playing on manual, but I don't like it - for me, at least to some degree, it removes individuality, and when I'm struggling just to draw against West Ham, that shows that the game doesn't have to be played on manual to provide a challenge!

Last edited:
I have also moved to PA1 and manual shooting - much better and now playing on top player. Feel more individuality on PA1. i also use the shooting over ride button for shots - feel i can finish much better on that but i dont know how much it kills individuality - the problem with basic is that its just too easy to score and i get no joy from it.

On another note does anyone know how to get my CF to run in behind more - is there a setting in the tactics i can use

I have also moved to PA1 and manual shooting - much better and now playing on top player. Feel more individuality on PA1. i also use the shooting over ride button for shots - feel i can finish much better on that but i dont know how much it kills individuality - the problem with basic is that its just too easy to score and i get no joy from it.

On another note does anyone know how to get my CF to run in behind more - is there a setting in the tactics i can use

make sure he is an advanced striker, cos there the players that run on behind, also keep note of which players that forward has a connection with to create the run, gl

How about the whole Master League system itself, how do you guys feel about it?

Me, personally, I find it a bit frustrating how the transfer market goes, also the quick decline of some "aging players" (some of them are declining as early as 28) and also the unrealistic evolution in their wages and market value.

I'm facing a problem right now with my highly successful RC Strasbourg in France. In my 4th as manager I won the UEFA Champions League and I've got in my squad a "star player" who just happened to win the FIFA World Best Player award the previous season (when I had won the Europa League). Now, not only I found it unrealistic that an Europa League winner (who wasn't even top scorer in Ligue 1) won the award, but also the fact that he's, you know.... he has a 79 overall rating. He's a good player and all, but it just felt unrealistic.

Now, I'm trying to renew his contract and I'm running into trouble... he's currently on 900k euros a year and he simply wants a new 1 year deal worth of 15m a year :LOL: (which is Luiz Suarez's salary in the game at the moment, btw)
Although he's my "star player" I thought about selling him, but guess what? The current Balon D'or only draws interest from some Argentine clubs who come at me with ludicrous offers around 15m euros. For the world's best player??

Elsewhere, I try to replace a squad player like, say, a 76 rated CMF. I get offers of around 10m euros from him. When I go after similarly rated players to replace him, the CPU teams slaps a 28m euro price tag at them! So what the f@ck am I supposed to do?

I sort of miss the old transfer system from PES 2011, where you could place bids manually for players and also you set their price tags, because now in PES 2017 the CPU is trying to f@ck me over at any given opportunity.

At last but not least, it gets on my tits how Konami keeps this system of retired players spawning as 16 year olds, FFS.
I won't ever sign a youth team prospect anymore, because I don't want a 16 year old Shay Given who looks 45 (or maybe he's strung out on crystal meth or something). Lots of household names and famous faces in my youth team.

For someone who expects a tiny bit of realism, it would be easy for them to use an algorithm for spawning new ficticious players with random faces, etc. Or using the online update feature to feed in some very young players from around the world, like in a reserve pool of talent to be used in Master League. Cause, quite frankly, it's 2020 still in my ML and it already feels quite broken in many aspects.

So aye, I've been pretty busy in ML recently.

Still with Benevento Calcio and I can honestly say that along with my Partick Thistle side in PES5, this has been one of the best "journeys", best connections I have ever had with a team in an ML with PES. Only PES can do this.

I've read a few of the gripes and complaints on here and elsewhere and can say that I haven't encountered 99% of them. I have my own things about the game I want to see fixed, and can annoy, along with some additions I would like to see, but I simply adore this game for what it is.

So, as I enter my 5th season (all Superstar difficulty) with the club I am just off the back of a season in which my team won Serie A by a whisker, took the Coppa D'Italia, and also won the Europa League final against PSG. This came after a mid-table finish in the sides debut season in the top division.

I love my team. I am 41 years old and find myself going to bed thinking tactics, transfers, and training for my squad. The weekends for the last three weeks, while I continue to save money, are basically ML weekends, with some watching of real football thrown in and a podcast or two playing away in the background for good measure.

No superstars in my team (first eleven anyway, and I am playing on Super Star skill level) and the majority are mostly shrewd buys and developing players that have been around from my first season in Serie B; Giorza and Castledine remain from the ML defaults. 8 of my starting 11 are Italian, so pretty pleased about building a side consisting of home grown players; nobody over the age of 25 either. Abelli, Pellini and Cozzari are monsters in midfield, who have all developed past the 80 OVR mark now, and get called up to the national squad. Castledine delivers and it is now Maxi Lovera (signed from Rosario Central) and Nilmar (regen) who will fight it out for the forward berth, with Sadiq Umar (finally signed up after three season long loan spells) offering "plan B". Kessie and Saul have been added to the squad, and Morata is on loan purely as a development booster for the other strikers in the team.

GK - Sorrentino (ITA)
LB - Mattiello (ITA)
CB - Ferrini (ITA)
CB- Romagnoli (ITA)
CB - Erlic (CRO)
RB - Giorza (ITA)
DMF - Pellini (ITA)
DMF - Abelli (ITA)
CMF - Cozzari (ITA)
AMF - Castledine (GRE)
CF - Lovera (ARG)

Here are a couple of lengthy goal vids from my 1st two seasons in Serie A (not every goal) and I am currently hoarding the goals from my current campaign and might do another (which will include the key games and trophy celebrations from the end of last season) Yeah, there is some repetition, but this is a team that are still improving, with me noticing that this season there is more variety to the goals being scored as Lovera and Nilmar improve (also noticing COM going up a gear in terms of how they play against me) I use PA1 and Advanced Shooting, for those wondering.

Och, PES...

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
Really nice goals man. Great videos!
I just wonder about your finishes, like the Nilmar goal, and then the Arcas shot... they're kinda lobbied shots? Seems there was not a great deal of power behind them but they went high. That would be advanced shotting, I guess?
That's unfortunately something I could never get used too... I'm too old school of a WE/PES player :D

Don't get me wrong, this version of PES is the best thing to come along since... 2006? Those guys are well and truly back on track.

I too have a strong connection with my ML team, although I do spend some longer periods without touching it, I'll just let it breathe, and do other stuff... and then I return really inspired to play.

It's a nice touch to keep a core of homegrown players, I try to do that as much as I can.

My current starting 11 looks like this (French nationals are marked*):

GK: Diallo*
LB: L. Digne*
CB: M. Tisserand*
CB: Okore
RB: Giorza
DMF: Abdullah* (sometimes Thomas Partey)
CMF: Tchaoule
CMF: Renato Sanches
OMF: Julian Draxler (sometimes Halilovic)
CF: Anthony Martial* (Captain)
CF: Jerry Mbakogu (the guy responsible for the feat of winning Balon D'Or as a 79 rated striker :LOL:)

Playing Superstar since the beginning, old school shooting and passing assistance 2 (I think).

Not doing bad at all after 4 full seasons: 1 Ligue 1, 1 French Cup, 1 Europa League, 1 UEFA Champions League, 2 UEFA Super cups

Now one of the things I really loved about the new ML is the ability to go manage other teams, but with this team I built I simply can't! Got offers from Internazionale, Real Madrid, Chelsea (twice)... and I can't let go off this team :)

Last edited:
Well, I promised highlights of my Europa League knockout games when I got to them, so here we go... First leg, Fiorentina v Hull (me), Superstar difficulty, PA1.

So i'm in my 3rd season with Ternana, 4th season in italian football and my first year in Serie A.

Struggled to get going at first but then won 6 games on the trot and was 5th. so i whacked up the difficulty to superstar. brutal difficulty but much more realisitic for a team of my abilities, you really have to take your chances and concentrate when defending. i'm about 15 games in and in 14th place.

Much like what others have said, for me the affinity with the squad you build up is much better in this game than any other I can remember. When i started off at Bari I had Yebli and Monachello, both young players who according to their OPR weren't good enough for the team. but I saw what they could do in individual roles and then took them with me to Ternana. Monachello has now got 7 goals in Serie A, he's like my own italian Harry Kane all with an OPR of 68 (in a way i was glad that even though i played him consistently, his OPR didn't rocket up like some young players would have).

Anyway, I am being brutal but I think I can't take Ternana any further, my aim this year is to keep them up mid table and hope for an offer from a bigger Italian Club and go for Europe. I'd like to try and manage a big-budgeted team before the regen youth players go all mental and i'm not ready to leave italy just yet...

Well the same thing has happened again in my new master league..struggling bottom half of the table in season 1 and then late December my team just clicks and I hammer qpr as Newcastle 3-0 and could of been 6

Well, I promised highlights of my Europa League knockout games when I got to them, so here we go... First leg, Fiorentina v Hull (me), Superstar difficulty, PA1.

Just played the second leg - squeaky bum time...

Love the manual shot that hits the post, very rare I manage that!

So i'm in my 3rd season with Ternana, 4th season in italian football and my first year in Serie A.

Struggled to get going at first but then won 6 games on the trot and was 5th. so i whacked up the difficulty to superstar. brutal difficulty but much more realisitic for a team of my abilities, you really have to take your chances and concentrate when defending. i'm about 15 games in and in 14th place.

Much like what others have said, for me the affinity with the squad you build up is much better in this game than any other I can remember. When i started off at Bari I had Yebli and Monachello, both young players who according to their OPR weren't good enough for the team. but I saw what they could do in individual roles and then took them with me to Ternana. Monachello has now got 7 goals in Serie A, he's like my own italian Harry Kane all with an OPR of 68 (in a way i was glad that even though i played him consistently, his OPR didn't rocket up like some young players would have).

Anyway, I am being brutal but I think I can't take Ternana any further, my aim this year is to keep them up mid table and hope for an offer from a bigger Italian Club and go for Europe. I'd like to try and manage a big-budgeted team before the regen youth players go all mental and i'm not ready to leave italy just yet...

Yeah, Italy is where it is at in this years PES.

If I have the time, and the game doesn;t become stal, my intention is to try win th Chamions League with Benvento then... leave... for another Italian club. Kind of hoping a mid-table team make an offer so as I can face my old side along with facing up against the established clubs. If I had the time and patience I would try build many squads up in Serie A to a high-ish level.

My Fulham season in the Prem ended in 5th place, an agonizing 1 point behind Arsenal. The agony didn't stop there, as I lost the Cup final against Everton. This was "Simply unacceptable" to the bosses, well, the cup loss was, they were happy about 5th place. I wasn't happy though, and as my team was mostly made out of loaners and about to be dismantled rather dramatically in the summer window, I waited for an offer from another team. Everton were interested, as were Arsenal, and some team from Argentina I forget now. But then I got an offer from Monaco and I was out the next second, taking with me Gylfi Sigurdsson and buying Luis Suarez.

The league start with Monaco has been abysmal, 3 games drawn against lame teams, rest has been lost. And I even met Fulham in the Europa League and lost to them 3-1! They had a pretty revamped team (well they had to, because of all those loaners I had) but it were still my old men who gave me the most grief. :CRY:

Yo whats good. Long time no see :D

Basically when PES 2017 came out I was out of monies, then I couldn't afford it really, and then last November I've bought Dark Souls and holy shit it's the best thing ever. As of now I have about 300hrs combined in Dark Souls 1 and 2, fantastic pieces of vidya games.

But talking about PES, I never got around to playing Europa League final in my PES 16 Belenenses game. I tried PES 2017 trial thing - online is still godawful but I had really decent time playing some offline matches. Maybe I'll get 2017 next month but it's a maybe...

I'm really happy about activity in this thread but the script talk is scary. Price on g2a is down to about 15-18€ which might be a bit too much for now. So I'm strongly undecided especially that Souls and learning Java takes up plenty of my free time.

But PES! I decided to fire up my old Lazio game in PES 5 again and forgive me the lack of screenshots. Long time ago I've made a post about first season, second - after a long break - ended with me barely holding the first place and winning D1 Cup. Nice! But now we're in first division and I add that one last star to the difficulty level, with a grand total of six (******) I will be fighting for survival in the strongest league in the game - seriously, PES 5 Serie A is powerful af.

On 29th fixture (so basically before last game), after long and arduous climb, re-learning how to do PES 5 and stuff Lazio gets in the first place ahead of Milan, and final game is Juventus at home. It ends in a massive game of tactics, goalies and defenders were all perfect. It's 0:0 and I'm sad, I mean a had a chance of my life to win ML season on Superstar right off the bat but then I see my people celebrating and then they give them the trophy what the hell...

Milan lost against Messina :D I'm the champion!

Season four kicks in, I bring Aquillani, Chiellini, McFadden, Ferronetti, Rodrigo Defendi (what a name) and few others :D Lazio, Juventus and Milan are fighting for the title, rest falls behind relatively quickly. If that wasn't enough my group in Champions League thing was Lazio...Juventus, Milan and Bayer. I mean seriously enough of these guys. Despite two draws early on I won last four games and got through. In the league we were constantly bouncing between 1st and 3rd place. Finally, deciding fixtures of the season came up...

In D1 Cup final (week 31) I lost to Juve after penalty kicks (4-5), stupid ass backup DMF Dalla Bona missed a 100% chance in 120th minute and then 5th penalty. His contract shall be terminated.

In European Champions Cup (my name for CL), after eliminating Royal British Premiership champion, Newcastle(lol! 1:0 and 2:0) and Arsenal (2:0, 2:0) we faced...ye you guessed it, Milan. Last season they eliminated me from D1 Cup in semifinal and I took my revenge at last, winning - again - 2:0 and grabbing European trophy!!!! :D

League wasn't so good though. Made some mistakes in the end and barely ended on the second spot. Juve was first with 69 points, me and Milan had 64 but I had both better goal balance (47-9, 9 goals conceded in 30 games holy crap) and won both league games with them. Inter, Roma and Udinese took the next places.

I ponder continuing the game, or starting another PES 5 ML, or starting PES 6 ML on default OF. Honestly it was so refreshing I wouldn't mind doing that again.

My squad is as follows:

GK: Peruzzi (old but gold).

CB: Cribari (C) (average stats but he's legendary, was the best defender back in second division and still has it)
CB: Chiellini (gud)
RB: Ferronetti (recent acquisition, decent)
LB: Diogo (got him as free agent after promotion and look at him go he's in the best team of this planet now)

DMF: Mascherano (bought him back in Div2, fantastic talent, destroyer of worlds, top class DMF)
CMF: Aquilani (like him a lot)
CMF: Bresciano (Div2, isn't developing as fast as I would like him too but whatever he's ok)

SS: Alex Hleb (disappointment of the whole game, I always have that in PES 5. Back in PS2 days I bought Fernando Torres and he was shit!)
SS: Goran Pandev (CR7 of this campaign. Developed wonderfully. 20 goals in D1, 8 in ECC, 3 in D1 Cup. Free kicks galore!)
CF: Tavano (some random from Empoli but his stats exploded there. Bit old, but he does the thing he's supposed to do!)

Mentions of honour:

GK: Lupatelli (worst transfer, until Dalla Bona came in. But now he's being swapped with Peruzzi constantly and does really really well at times)
CB: Sannibale (young defender in starting Lazio squad, didn't develop as fast as I'd like him to so Chiellini came in. Good sub nevertheless).
CB: Rodrigo Defendi (he has the name for his position :D)
DMF/CMF: Behrami (D2 star, but then Aquilani came in and he struggles. Still does well when given a chance).
DMF: Dalla Bona (fuck off! waste of points!)
SMF: Mark Gonzalez (random free agent I said hell whatever, but he's decent sub I like him).
SS: McFadden (that's the joker of my game, grabbed 10 goals in all competitions, would often start the comebacks with decent finishes)
CF: Rolando Bianchi (WHY! You were my superstar, top goalscorer in 3rd season, but in the next he became unbearable. Just lost it completely).
SS: Di Canio (retiring this season, he doesn't play but he's a legend).

That's about it really. Wish you guys all the best, looking for some more PES 2017 ML infos :D

I'm running through some troubles again with the ML system in PES 2017 :(

Last season I won the Champions League with Strasbourg, which I thought was great for the immediate future since some of my players are very high profile and would be looking for contract renewals (Martial, Draxler, Renato Sanchez, Iwobi, etc).

But to my surprise my salary budget wasn't really improved that much! I had about 13m of budget and one player alone was asking for 10m in his renewal. So, knowing it would be difficult to renew, I bought a nice plan B striker who's on 3m a year now. That left me around 10m for new salaries within the squad and that restricted me from buying any new players - the focus was on renewing existing contracts.

Now here comes the mind blowing bit. As of 31st December I had the 10m budget. As soon as the transfer window opened on January 1st, my budget was cut down by half! Suddenly, only 5m were abailable for salaries. Gone!

I couldn't believe, so I reloaded my save file, compared the finance stats and tried to find out what had changed in my payroll. Turns out nothing changed! No new contracts came into effect on Jan 1st, all the salaries were listed as the same.
So, no explanation to my money simply disappearing :MAD:

Has anything similar ever occurred to any of you?

BTW, another very annoying thing: what's up with players leaving on a free before their contract expires?? It's happened to me already 4 or 5 times, whenever I cannot reach an agreement for a renewal, the player will just fuck off elsewhere on a free, considering he still had 6 months contract to play for my team? WTF is up with this shit? And how to prevent it?

Please advise guys, any help and insight much appreciated. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom