The Master League adventures thread

Okeydoke . .I decided to start a new Ml with Valencia and change my approach . .instead of rushing around trying to score or as John Cleese said in the sex lesson in The meaning of life . .you don't need to stampede towards the clitoris. . (sorry Mods) so 4 matches in I've won 2 and lost 2 which is better than getting beaten in each match which would be the usual story. . so here's a short clip of Valencia v real Sociedad . . it's not the most entertaining but what the hey.

I enjoyed that goal Deco! Good start to your campaign.

ok i'll try to post through ps4, i will sync my account to ps4, we ll see how it goes, anyway thx.
guys sometimes im struggling to create chances on superstar, i'm stuck in midfield trying to absorb pressure and cpu spamming me with no fouls, this is frustrating even so with mid tier team like leicester, even so if the TS is 74, i really struggle to stamp authority on the match, i was hammered 2-0 at home by man united simply because the unresponsiveness and their intensity was so unrealistic...

Last edited:
Team - Barnsley
Option file - Goalgerd's
Level - Pro
Controls - Full manual
Time - 20 mins

First match in September against Norwich in the 1st Round of the Emirates Cup. They are 2nd in the table (I think) scoring 10 conceding just 1.

my first ps4 upload is a match we just saw last weekend, leicester city vs man u at king power stadium.
leicester city have been on a winning streak entering this game, a series of 5 wins in all competitions including the champions league which started on a low note with 2 losses in the first two games, however a change of fortunes have come lately making them climb into third spot in the group a couple of point behind athletico madrid and handful behind the leaders fiorentina who are yet to lose in the competition, anyway back on the EPL afternoon in a gloomy and cloudy day in leicester, match is what follows , i ve missed the recording of the first goal it was a rebound from a riyad mahrez strike came back into the path of vardy for 1-0 12 minutes in. the match continues on 30 min into the first half.
i made a silly mistake in the second half when they scored the equalizer, but got back the win with a vardy penalty in the last 5 minutes.
settings:
12 min match
superstar
1 bar assistance
basic shooting.

Last edited:
After a bit of a break from the forum (again) and experimenting with this game on the PS3 (which is actually quite good, some things are better on there than the PS4), i decided to start another ML again with Barnsley. I think it is about the 4th season i have started with them now.

I havent actually got through a whole season yet because i normally get a bit fed up with conceding too many so called 'scripted' goals. On that note i saw a video that helped me solve some of my defensive problems. This includes 'Swarm the Box' instruction and man marking their players which helps so much.

So i decided to start again, I'm not concerned about any updates or anything.

So here goes...

Team - Barnsley
Option File - Goalgerd's
Level - Prof
Controls - Full manual
Time - 20 mins

August 2016 highlights...

I will probably update every 'game' month.

Enjoy!

Where are your posts guys or is ML finished?

Great vids geee .. great second goal against Blackburn .. .. what happened to you against Brighton? Loved the stats vid at the end.

Haven't had the chance to play for awhile but thought I'd share this cracker of a bug thats been fixed that I saw in the patch notes

When a manager is transferred, the manager carried over their budget from their previously coached team.

:D

When a manager is transferred, the manager carried over their budget from their previously coached team.

:D
Jesus Christ. Not even funny, is it. I think their testers are used to JRPGS and have no idea what's supposed to happen (I know EA used to complain of the same issue with FIFA testing, most of the Canadian testers couldn't spot bugs because they didn't really know the more complex rules).

Someone mentioned a bug where loaned-out players never come back if you switch jobs, I'm guessing that's still there...

my first ps4 upload is a match we just saw last weekend, leicester city vs man u at king power stadium.
leicester city have been on a winning streak entering this game, a series of 5 wins in all competitions including the champions league which started on a low note with 2 losses in the first two games, however a change of fortunes have come lately making them climb into third spot in the group a couple of point behind athletico madrid and handful behind the leaders fiorentina who are yet to lose in the competition, anyway back on the EPL afternoon in a gloomy and cloudy day in leicester, match is what follows , i ve missed the recording of the first goal it was a rebound from a riyad mahrez strike came back into the path of vardy for 1-0 12 minutes in. the match continues on 30 min into the first half.
i made a silly mistake in the second half when they scored the equalizer, but got back the win with a vardy penalty in the last 5 minutes.
settings:
12 min match
superstar
1 bar assistance
basic shooting.

Well done with your first upload :)
Good win for you. Hearing the commentator mention the player's names really adds to the experience. Don't get that much in the Championship. I'm looking forward to eventually getting promoted to experience that part of the game.

Great vids geee .. great second goal against Blackburn .. .. what happened to you against Brighton? Loved the stats vid at the end.

Yeh we crumbled in that match. They hammered us in the first half too but managed to keep the score down. What I liked in that match is that since I've gone tight marking the CPU's goals feel less scripted. I put that result down to playing 4 or 5 players that had a diagonal down arrow. I didn't realise it had so much of an affect.

I keep saying it but I'm really enjoying this game again. I like the little touches when the commentator says that a player is improving all the time. And one of the games when Bradshaw set up Yiadom to score, afterwards on the main screen it had Yiadom saying that he knew that Bradshaw would play him in because they practice that in training. I know they will probably start repeating things like that but I'm enjoying it as it adds to my imagination.

We have Watford away in the next round of the FA Cup. It will be the first time I've played a Premiership side in ML. Looking forward to that one. :)

Nice finish to equalise for a 1-1 draw against Real betis.

Lovely goal fella :)

Well done with your first upload :)
Good win for you. Hearing the commentator mention the player's names really adds to the experience. Don't get that much in the Championship. I'm looking forward to eventually getting promoted to experience that part of the game.

Yeh we crumbled in that match. They hammered us in the first half too but managed to keep the score down. What I liked in that match is that since I've gone tight marking the CPU's goals feel less scripted. I put that result down to playing 4 or 5 players that had a diagonal down arrow. I didn't realise it had so much of an affect.

I keep saying it but I'm really enjoying this game again. I like the little touches when the commentator says that a player is improving all the time. And one of the games when Bradshaw set up Yiadom to score, afterwards on the main screen it had Yiadom saying that he knew that Bradshaw would play him in because they practice that in training. I know they will probably start repeating things like that but I'm enjoying it as it adds to my imagination.

We have Watford away in the next round of the FA Cup. It will be the first time I've played a Premiership side in ML. Looking forward to that one. :)

Lovely goal fella :)

I've never stopped liking the game . .but as I'm in the La Liga now I'm using Spanish commentary .. .it's hard to get used to. . . . .the two guys sound like 2 speedy gonzales's . . . very squeaky high pitched voices sometimes.

Nice finish to equalise for a 1-1 draw against Real betis.

i can't score long shots like u vs the cpu, all my goals are either from inside the area or from movement from the flanks, could be my style of play, anyway great great goal deco.

i can't score long shots like u vs the cpu, all my goals are either from inside the area or from movement from the flanks, could be my style of play, anyway great great goal deco.

Thanks ramgamer but most of these shots are about hitting the ball and hoping for the best . . .try it next time a ball bounces to you outside the box. .just don't put a huge amount of pressure on the shoot button or it will fly over the bar.

wtf no penalty this game is a joke with the penalty situation, u get hassled and kicked and no penalty.

Ha ha . . If you're talking about the chance at the start it was a definite penalty. . . they deserved to win the match in the end. I have been awarded my fair share of penalties though.

Villareal v Valencia (me) a local derby in ML Superstar manual. ..good match.

Good game, you should have equalised in the last 5 minutes though.

Some brief highlights...

Good game, you should have equalised in the last 5 minutes though.

Some brief highlights...

I should have equalised you are right. ... but at least Zaza Gabor flatfooted the keeper with his sneaky header. . .. nice vids buddy you seem to be doing well in the champ . . love to see you bring Barnsley up to the Premier . . don't mention Leeds or Spurs after those results today.

I should have equalised you are right. ... but at least Zaza Gabor flatfooted the keeper with his sneaky header. . .. nice vids buddy you seem to be doing well in the champ . . love to see you bring Barnsley up to the Premier . . don't mention Leeds or Spurs after those results today.

Yeh bad results for us both over the weekend. It's funny but when my ML league team is doing ok it softens the blow slightly from the real results.

The team is doing ok. I'm only on Prof remember but don't want to notch it up as I still struggle sometimes as you will see in my next video. Shorter than normal for obvious reasons.

It's the first game in my new season that felt scripted. Right from the first minute Wigan were at it playing like Barcelona and they are struggling in the league. I thought about it after though and maybe I shouldn't have man marked Le Fondre with my 190ish cm defender because Le Fondre was quicker. Maybe it would have been different if I changed it.

Here is the stat video for September, not a bad month really.

Yeh bad results for us both over the weekend. It's funny but when my ML league team is doing ok it softens the blow slightly from the real results.

The team is doing ok. I'm only on Prof remember but don't want to notch it up as I still struggle sometimes as you will see in my next video. Shorter than normal for obvious reasons.

It's the first game in my new season that felt scripted. Right from the first minute Wigan were at it playing like Barcelona and they are struggling in the league. I thought about it after though and maybe I shouldn't have man marked Le Fondre with my 190ish cm defender because Le Fondre was quicker. Maybe it would have been different if I changed it.

Here is the stat video for September, not a bad month really.

It wasn't that bad of a defeat geeee . . . an ungentlemanly tackle for that peno my lad. . .I'd have banned you for a month lol. . .speaking of scripting I've been messing around with Ml restarting it over and over and playing as Valencia. .. . their first opponent is Granada and the 5 times that i've played it I get beaten by a goal in the last 10 mins and it's always a placed shot in tha corner from a guy called Bueno and even though I'm expecting it I can't stop it. Btw I'm having great fun playing with 4-3-3 counter attack. . ..the matches are wide open. .it simulates La Liga very well . . a bit end to end but great fun. . .I'll have to get serious now and go back to 4-4-2 and possession play.

It wasn't that bad of a defeat geeee . . . an ungentlemanly tackle for that peno my lad. . .I'd have banned you for a month lol. . .speaking of scripting I've been messing around with Ml restarting it over and over and playing as Valencia. .. . their first opponent is Granada and the 5 times that i've played it I get beaten by a goal in the last 10 mins and it's always a placed shot in tha corner from a guy called Bueno and even though I'm expecting it I can't stop it. Btw I'm having great fun playing with 4-3-3 counter attack. . ..the matches are wide open. .it simulates La Liga very well . . a bit end to end but great fun. . .I'll have to get serious now and go back to 4-4-2 and possession play.

I didn't like the way he nutmegged my defender so I had to hack him down heh heh. The thing is I saved the penalty but it just felt like they were gonna score anyway.

Have you tried swarm the box and man marking? In the few ML's that i started Aston Villa would always hammer me but in this one we drew but I think it was because of my tighter defence. Having said that, the game finished 4-4 :LOL:

I didn't like the way he nutmegged my defender so I had to hack him down heh heh. The thing is I saved the penalty but it just felt like they were gonna score anyway.

Have you tried swarm the box and man marking? In the few ML's that i started Aston Villa would always hammer me but in this one we drew but I think it was because of my tighter defence. Having said that, the game finished 4-4 :LOL:

That swarm the box worked out well then? I never use it or man marking. .. the defender follows the forward so if he's a dummy runner you're fucked. I just try and second guess what they're going to do. .it's still a great game though.

Following up after the events on FIFA 16, Ted managed League 2 side Newport County and won the League 2 Playoffs in his final season. But after his victory at Wembly, Ted decided to move on and got the job at QPR. This Master League focuses on the rise of Ted Lasso career to see if the American manager has what it takes to take on the best managers in England.

Enjoy the first 4 episodes.

Following up after the events on FIFA 16, Ted managed League 2 side Newport County and won the League 2 Playoffs in his final season. But after his victory at Wembly, Ted decided to move on and got the job at QPR. This Master League focuses on the rise of Ted Lasso career to see if the American manager has what it takes to take on the best managers in England.

Enjoy the first 4 episodes.

Is this Matt10? sounds like him.

So I've started a new ML on professional not regular as Newcastle..now there is no doubt in my mind that this has been tweaked for the better..played 1 won 1 ..had a 1- 0 away win to Birmingham..2 minutes to go they pass back to the keeper under pressure ..keeper attempts clearance by punting it ..my forward charges down the kick ..it spins up and away falling on the half volley for my support striker who smashes it in using manual over ride shot ..great start

Is this Matt10? sounds like him.

Haha, nope that is my buddy isureaper31. We both live in the US, and have actually met to play a round of golf. I told him to post his ML here since I know the evo guys would appreciate a well done, and realistic, Master League. We are using the same modified patch compilation (VirtuaRed+PTE+EPLChampturfs+DonnyAvia) that we worked on ourselves.

So I've started a new ML on professional not regular as Newcastle..now there is no doubt in my mind that this has been tweaked for the better..played 1 won 1 ..had a 1- 0 away win to Birmingham..2 minutes to go they pass back to the keeper under pressure ..keeper attempts clearance by punting it ..my forward charges down the kick ..it spins up and away falling on the half volley for my support striker who smashes it in using manual over ride shot ..great start
I think so much of this perceived set of "tweaks" is entirely down to "team spirit", especially if you're starting again on a whole new difficulty level with a new team.

I've ran some tests in my ML career, replaying the same game 3 times on each difficulty level (Pro to Superstar), 10 minute halves, quitting back to the XMB between matches just to keep it clean, and there's no difference for me. With an 80 team spirit, as Hull against Bournemouth, I'm smashing them an average of 4-1 on Professional, 4-1 on Top Player (which I thought was amusing - same average score on two different difficulty levels), and they're beating me an average of 2-0 on Superstar.

With a different team spirit, it's an entirely different set of results (but again, Pro and Top Player are very similar for me).

I played a Europa League game against Sevilla on Superstar and the stats at the end of the game were bang on, super realistic, and I'm happy to have lost (I win on any other difficulty level with a team spirit of 80) - but I hate the way they ping-pong the ball around without looking, it's the one major bugbear I've got with the game.

If I lower the difficulty, I'm beating teams I shouldn't be, but one of their goals came from a streak of ~8 first-time passes and ended with a first-time shot, it didn't look good and it felt like a massive cheat.

I think so much of this perceived set of "tweaks" is entirely down to "team spirit", especially if you're starting again on a whole new difficulty level with a new team.

I've ran some tests in my ML career, replaying the same game 3 times on each difficulty level (Pro to Superstar), 10 minute halves, quitting back to the XMB between matches just to keep it clean, and there's no difference for me. With an 80 team spirit, as Hull against Bournemouth, I'm smashing them an average of 4-1 on Professional, 4-1 on Top Player (which I thought was amusing - same average score on two different difficulty levels), and they're beating me an average of 2-0 on Superstar.

With a different team spirit, it's an entirely different set of results (but again, Pro and Top Player are very similar for me).

I played a Europa League game against Sevilla on Superstar and the stats at the end of the game were bang on, super realistic, and I'm happy to have lost (I win on any other difficulty level with a team spirit of 80) - but I hate the way they ping-pong the ball around without looking, it's the one major bugbear I've got with the game.

If I lower the difficulty, I'm beating teams I shouldn't be, but one of their goals came from a streak of ~8 first-time passes and ended with a first-time shot, it didn't look good and it felt like a massive cheat.

I'm following you today, CD! lol.

Bolded part - absolutely spot on. This is one of the most annoying issues in PES. It's like the #1 priority is to pass that ball off as soon as possible. While the idea/intent is great, the execution makes it look too automatic and pre-determined. People mistake this for build-up, when in fact, it's really just mindless passing that is not natural.

Maybe it is is team spirit but also seen the changes in passing in exhibition. I've certainly not got better at crossing and advanced through balls overnight

Haha, nope that is my buddy isureaper31. We both live in the US, and have actually met to play a round of golf. I told him to post his ML here since I know the evo guys would appreciate a well done, and realistic, Master League. We are using the same modified patch compilation (VirtuaRed+PTE+EPLChampturfs+DonnyAvia) that we worked on ourselves.

Gosh Matt similar voices and phrasing and I don't mean that because of the American accent .. . it was decent commentary .. .at least he can't get relegated.

Back
Top Bottom