The Master League adventures thread

Hey Jimi.
Before starting my last ML,pretty much when the game came out,I played with different settings than now,and the game was intense,but in the wrong kinda way.
To much end to end,long balls,not enough midfield play,players out of their positions,both on def and offense.

And after fixing all teams in Serie A-B,if I had the stamina id do PL/La liga etc to,the game plays so much better,CPU not hoofing long balls over their midfield,much more midfield play,CPU starting over playing it back to defence etc.
Also better positions,game feels calmer,more realistic,yet intense and tough as hell.
I've only played 5 games yet in my ML,but feels much better than before.
Well worth doing.
You could do a test,edit one leauge,start a leauge campaign,then play a different leauge without it and compare.
But I'm sure the changes,if you do em all works very well
Good luck mate
That sounds really good, thanks mate.

Late night average match, average goals.

Creeping up the table.
Great win,just realised that I suck watching your vid.
My TS is 60, can't buy a win,just had a 2-2 draw in the cup vs Salernitana in Serie B,they owned me for 90 min.
Had to take a break after that game,on a 4 game losing streak in the league

Great win,just realised that I suck watching your vid.
My TS is 60, can't buy a win,just had a 2-2 draw in the cup vs Salernitana in Serie B,they owned me for 90 min.
Had to take a break after that game,on a 4 game losing streak in the league

Rock you know the story . .the first season is a nightmare ..takes 3 to 4 seasons to start motoring . .you have to be patient or sim the first season.

Rock you know the story . .the first season is a nightmare ..takes 3 to 4 seasons to start motoring . .you have to be patient or sim the first season.
The 90 min eq is a nightmare,third in a row.
And all my players does is stumble around,can't believe how much the TS fucks with you when it's low.
I think it's completely fuck stupid,everything suffers,can't string two passes together.
CPU wins every challenge.
The programmers of this game should be executed.
Got even worse when I tried it on Proffesional,the scripting...Jesus

You need to switch to assisted! ;)

Seriously though, it balances it out a little. You learn who can pass and who can't. You might think it makes it easier, but it makes it so that if you try a longer pass with a worse player, you're just going to give the AI possession back every time (where with a manual pass it'd let it through)...

Anyway, another game down, played against Manchester City. I've not suffered from many 90th-minute goals from the AI but after missing a boatload of chances (including an unbelievably easy one-on-one where I used the manual shot and fired it well wide like an idiot), Silva put one in the bottom corner from 30 yards out, at the very corner of the box (great goal actually). 2-1 to them.

So, 6th in the table with one game to go - Europa League guaranteed. West Brom next and then the clearout begins...

You need to switch to assisted! ;)

Seriously though, it balances it out a little. You learn who can pass and who can't. You might think it makes it easier, but it makes it so that if you try a longer pass with a worse player, you're just going to give the AI possession back every time (where with a manual pass it'd let it through)...

Anyway, another game down, played against Manchester City. I've not suffered from many 90th-minute goals from the AI but after missing a boatload of chances (including an unbelievably easy one-on-one where I used the manual shot and fired it well wide like an idiot), Silva put one in the bottom corner from 30 yards out, at the very corner of the box (great goal actually). 2-1 to them.

So, 6th in the table with one game to go - Europa League guaranteed. West Brom next and then the clearout begins...
I've been on FIFA for to long:)
Thought about it,but it's only a month since had a good pass % on this game,guess it'll pick up again.
Like the looseness of manual,but I'll give assisted a go when I'm hitting the wall mate.
Thanx
Sounds like you've had a very good season Chris

Last edited:
Sounds like you've had a very good season Chris
Yeah it started off rough, I couldn't get the team spirit up - but after a while, I found a formation that just suited the team no matter what (4-1-4-1) and in the January transfer window (at which point we were about 10th), I bought two wingers who 100% matched the tactics I use (as in, they've got the "red glow" on the formation screen). Since then they've become the new Leicester (well, we're 6th), but they still get beat!

Yeah it started off rough, I couldn't get the team spirit up - but after a while, I found a formation that just suited the team no matter what (4-1-4-1) and in the January transfer window (at which point we were about 10th), I bought two wingers who 100% matched the tactics I use (as in, they've got the "red glow" on the formation screen). Since then they've become the new Leicester (well, we're 6th), but they still get beat!
That's pretty good,I need to find a suitable setup for my Torino,being around 60-67 in TS isn't really doing it for me

I absolutely 100% hate every inch of this game.
6th straight loss,this time being up 2-0 to Empoli,they scored 3 goals on me the last 15 min.
Last goal in the 90th.
This makes it to 6 straight games without winning,6 games were they've scored a winner or an equaliser in the 88-90th minute.

They find holes everywhere on me,even shit teams from Serie B does.
It's like playing in mud,responsive as giraffes,takes ages to turn and shoot,ball handling like five year olds.
I'm gonna try my Milan save,if it plays the same,I'm breaking the disc.
Horrible game.
Fuck being patient,scripting is god awful
Edit____________________

I started my Milan save after this,and guess how much better that one plays?
Marginally better team than Torino since I sold most of my best players last year.
But here's the deal,my passing is almost twice as good here,55-80%
My players doesn't act like ww2 tanks trying to turn around,they react faster.
So conclusion,my TS on Torino save is 68, on my Milan save 77.
But feels miles better,so I'm guessing,and just guessing the edits have made it a bit worse,plus lousy TS=disaster.
I actually played Empoli with Milan and did beat them comfy 2-0

Since I edited Serie A and B and played on my Torino save,most games have been a CPU pass % in around 82-88, which is so much higher than on the other save,around 68-78%
So be cautious if you do,CPU keeps the ball more,and are way sharper.
Next step is restarting my Torino save,already made a live update,which kills the editing,and if that game plays better than before,then we'll know why

Last edited:
That will be intersting with the edit thought..im using matts edits and getting a hiding on regular or managining 0-0 1-1 draws..it is my first season though..how do you look at team spirit ive no idea what mine is. What really annoys me is that i played ipswich and on regular - played the match twice as i quit the first one and lost 2-1 both times..different goals but at times they were just awesome to watch..not how a championship team plays at all...when i played top of the league newcastle and drew i had all the game and was unlucky not to win with a last minute pen..its just hit and miss how a team will play..i do know that every game my players go through a period of time where they are just delayed and im hanging on trying not to conceed

its just hit and miss how a team will play
I have a problem with this, though - I don't feel like playing against the same team twice has any variation. By which I mean, early in my season, I beat Chelsea 2-0 (with a poor Hull side) and couldn't believe that they were just letting me run up the wing and put deadly crosses in, over and over. The second time, I won 4-0 (with a slightly better lineup), and it was the same story.

In the first game, they had about five shots - in the second game, they had none... For whatever reason, when I play Chelsea, they're always terrible (yet they're only a couple of points off top spot in the league)... It doesn't really make sense - well, they play three at the back so they're exposed on the wings, but A) the supposed "adaptive AI" doesn't do anything about it, and B) even when they have the ball they don't seem to attack.

I find this with every team - whatever the result was the first time I played them, it'll be the same result the second time.

It's only when a team changes manager (and therefore formation) that I find they change their approach (and then it's fixed again, obviously)...

I have a problem with this, though - I don't feel like playing against the same team twice has any variation. By which I mean, early in my season, I beat Chelsea 2-0 (with a poor Hull side) and couldn't believe that they were just letting me run up the wing and put deadly crosses in, over and over. The second time, I won 4-0 (with a slightly better lineup), and it was the same story.

In the first game, they had about five shots - in the second game, they had none... For whatever reason, when I play Chelsea, they're always terrible (yet they're only a couple of points off top spot in the league)... It doesn't really make sense - well, they play three at the back so they're exposed on the wings, but A) the supposed "adaptive AI" doesn't do anything about it, and B) even when they have the ball they don't seem to attack.

I find this with every team - whatever the result was the first time I played them, it'll be the same result the second time.

It's only when a team changes manager (and therefore formation) that I find they change their approach (and then it's fixed again, obviously)...

This is what I mentioned the other day . .in Pes 2016 after the final patch the AI would react to situations and change formation if they conceded or scored . . .the thing that disappoints me with this years game is that if a center back gets sent off the A'I leaves it as it is . . .past Pes games they would substitute a player and fill in the gap.

I'm not sure what's happened but all of a sudden I'm winning games ..last two games 2-0 and 1-0 ..I've scored two wonder goals in both games ..my players suddenly feel more responsive and accurate ..the only things I've changed is I'm playing wider , I have a new signing in midfield and it's January..ice also brought in a youth striker...myou over all TS is actually a bit lower

Another 3 games in and I have 7 from 9 points and moving slowly out if relegation ..just beat 3rd in the league Sheffield wed with a 25 yard manual over ride goal into top corner ..I'm loving the use of all the different passes such manual over ride , advanced through ball and also the lofted high ball has caused AI some issues

I did a silly thing...

I beat West Brom in the last game and we finished top of the Europa League places. I was very excited to start the next season.

As soon as the transfer window opened, I had a few £10m offers - for Mbokani (my top scorer), Farfan (wonder-winger only bought in January), Neustädter (brilliant DM I used every game), Esquivel (decent wing-back) and a few others.

Before I knew it, after looking at their ages (the first two were around 30) and their "growth graphs", I'd sold half the team and was sitting on £60m.

It's almost an all-new first team squad now, but with no player below an OVR of 80 (previously it ranged between 72-80), and somehow, the team spirit is about the same (83).

(Which, by the way, is silly - how is the team spirit so high when nobody has played together before? Bit disappointed!)

A few highlights - Cresswell from West Ham at left back, Rugani from Juventus in defence, Schweinsteiger as the new defensive midfielder, Nasri from Man City on the wing, and Choupo-Moting from FC Schalke up-front.

It took nearly two hours of transfer wheeling and dealing to sort all of this out (!), and there's one player left in the first-team from the old squad, Coman (winger), who only joined in the previous transfer window!

I've played two games of the new season so far, and...

We're terrible.

I played close attention to the "skills" each player has, including "pinpoint crossing" for the wingers, and the "style" of each player, but... Rugani can't sit still and causes too many holes, Cresswell isn't limber enough to do anything offensively, Nasri is absolutely useless (too slow to get crosses in and too easily pushed off the ball in the middle), and Choupo-Moting hasn't got on the end of a single header.

In-fact, nobody's scored - two games, two 0-0s, horribly disjointed play (despite the team spirit rating) and we were incredibly lucky not to lose to Stoke (they hit the post three times).

Dreading the Europa League now... I've totally destroyed the balance of the squad. What a fool.

In other news, the Netherlands offered me the national team position, so obviously I said yes - makes for an interesting departure!

The 90 min eq is a nightmare,third in a row.
And all my players does is stumble around,can't believe how much the TS fucks with you when it's low.
I think it's completely fuck stupid,everything suffers,can't string two passes together.
CPU wins every challenge.
The programmers of this game should be executed.
yes its total bull, it crumbles ur players its not realism at all...

I absolutely 100% hate every inch of this game.
6th straight loss,this time being up 2-0 to Empoli,they scored 3 goals on me the last 15 min.
Last goal in the 90th.
This makes it to 6 straight games without winning,6 games were they've scored a winner or an equaliser in the 88-90th minute.

They find holes everywhere on me,even shit teams from Serie B does.
It's like playing in mud,responsive as giraffes,takes ages to turn and shoot,ball handling like five year olds.
I'm gonna try my Milan save,if it plays the same,I'm breaking the disc.
Horrible game.
Fuck being patient,scripting is god awful
Edit____________________

I started my Milan save after this,and guess how much better that one plays?
Marginally better team than Torino since I sold most of my best players last year.
But here's the deal,my passing is almost twice as good here,55-80%
My players doesn't act like ww2 tanks trying to turn around,they react faster.
So conclusion,my TS on Torino save is 68, on my Milan save 77.
But feels miles better,so I'm guessing,and just guessing the edits have made it a bit worse,plus lousy TS=disaster.
I actually played Empoli with Milan and did beat them comfy 2-0

Since I edited Serie A and B and played on my Torino save,most games have been a CPU pass % in around 82-88, which is so much higher than on the other save,around 68-78%
So be cautious if you do,CPU keeps the ball more,and are way sharper.
Next step is restarting my Torino save,already made a live update,which kills the editing,and if that game plays better than before,then we'll know why
stop playing master league man and play cups, or champions league, the scripting is in the ML only.

Just played through a whole season at Ternana, my second season there. Sold my star player Di Livio for 12m and brought in a good number of players (including some of my old boys from Bari) to strengthen my thin squad. Ended up finishing 3rd win only 4 defeats, the game ensured all the way through i wouldn't get automatic despite a great record. oh well.

Just beat Brescia in the play-off semi finals, who have i got in the final? only Bari! two brutal games coming up... will play and upload.

I played another Hull game last night on Superstar with my new team, against Leicester in the league, and my players felt like they were playing whilst they were tied up. I've not had that feeling since playing with the original players while they had a team spirit of about 50... But it was truly ridiculous.

Leicester won 5-2, with three of their goals coming from my defenders just refusing to acknowledge my button-presses and freezing up in the box, allowing the striker to side-step them and score a tap-in.

I wasn't having it (what's the point in putting a better team together if the game makes them play like they're twice as bad), so I quit the game (which I rarely do), tried again on Top Player, and... Well, when the players stopped freezing up, it was even more ridiculous.

gn0LJKS.jpg

It all feels a bit broken since the transfers. They're impossible to play with on Superstar, but destroy the opposition on Top Player...

Here's the Europa League draw I've got - they're the next games (after some Netherlands friendlies):

zrRd3K7.jpg

Here's the current line-up (I've switched to 4-2-3-1 for a record 86 team spirit):

GK Zieler (Leicester)
LB Cresswell (West Ham)
CB Rugani (Juventus)
CB Musacchio (Villareal)
RB Clyne (Liverpool)
DM Rabiot (PSG)
DM Schweinsteiger (Man Utd)
LM Nasri (Man City)
AM Lanzini (West Ham)
RM Coman (Bayern)
ST Chuopo-Moting (FC Schalke)

Just played through a whole season at Ternana, my second season there. Sold my star player Di Livio for 12m and brought in a good number of players (including some of my old boys from Bari) to strengthen my thin squad. Ended up finishing 3rd win only 4 defeats, the game ensured all the way through i wouldn't get automatic despite a great record. oh well.

Just beat Brescia in the play-off semi finals, who have i got in the final? only Bari! two brutal games coming up... will play and upload.

Good luck Robbie let us know what happens because I never went up from the play-offs. .. only automatic promotion.. . .drove me mad.

Good luck Robbie let us know what happens because I never went up from the play-offs. .. only automatic promotion.. . .drove me mad.

two very similar games, dominated by Bari and had to defend for my life. in the first leg i stole a goal on the stroke of half time, slide rule pass slid in before an onrushing keeper could save. second leg soaked up the pressure and scored in 80th minute on the counter, Yaya Sanogo popping up to grab a goal. won 2-0 on aggregate :D

I was thinking of leaving Ternana if i got promoted but much like when i decided to leave Bari I have a dilemma where i have an affinity with the squad, i brough through several players that i had at bari too and can i bring them with me a second time? (Monachello my top scorer with 17 goals)

Also I like trying to build up clubs with low team spirit, one negative in this game is that when TS gets too high, you start to get a lot of breaks and can randomly rob defenders to bring yourself open goals which kills the immersion, i wonder if chris is seeing the same in his game above.

anyway, here's the stats from the second leg. i forgot to record it as i was too engrossed in what i was doing. Forza Ternana! Ryan makes it to the big time finally!

C27e6POXgAEd-Qq.jpg:large

Also I like trying to build up clubs with low team spirit, one negative in this game is that when TS gets too high, you start to get a lot of breaks and can randomly rob defenders to bring yourself open goals which kills the immersion, i wonder if chris is seeing the same in his game above.
Only on Top Player - on Superstar (which is what I prefer to play on now), it's like trying to play with a broken controller... Players ignoring button-presses and watching strikers go by... Which didn't happen with the worse players!

I'm back to Superstar for the Europa League games - I'm hoping they "gel" and the game lets me play eventually (though with the team spirit already being mid-80s, I can't see it improving)...

Well done buddy. . .don't unpack when you get there. .it's usually a short stay.
I can feel how much more fair Top Player is and it's liberating - but also way too easy with a half-decent team (and I do mean half-decent)... I feel like I'm stuck now!

I can feel how much more fair Top Player is and it's liberating - but also way too easy with a half-decent team (and I do mean half-decent)... I feel like I'm stuck now!

Chris top Player becomes too easy . ..you're better off on Superstar and don't be selling those loyal players who've served you well lol.

Ok i think i just lost to this thread and don't wanna too much leaving the tittle.

I'm at dortmund and stealing young players right now.
And this was my best month so far.
ffe0e83d60714b5086eba17b2c23e3c6.png

Back
Top Bottom