The Master League adventures thread

Been bitching and moaning about how shitty it is uploading vids here from my Xbox,being a bit jealous of you ps4 guys.
My old way was this.
Record your highlights via twitch,get your PC out to edit that recording,upload it to YouTube from your PC (twitch and tablet/mobile doesn't work) then get my iPad,write a story here,paste the video
And done.

Today I had a few hours with my XB1 learning/discovering my in game recording device,just like you guys have on your Ps4.
What I didn't know,was that I could open up my YouTube app,and find my recordings on my Xbox hard drive and just upload it from there,brilliant
And I discovered my upload studio,where I can edit clips in.

So dear fellow ML mates,this thread will be spammed like a mofo with clips:)

That's great news fella, looking forward to seeing them.

So I finally swallowed my pride and have decided to go for PA1! Please don't hate me for it.

I was playing against QPR and in the the 30 minutes I was 3-0 down. It's like all my passes in the final third are going all over the place. So turned it off and thought sod it I'll start again with PA1.

I did enjoy the game, won 2-0 that's probably why. My passing accuracy was still mid 70's so I think that is fine. Also, I have noticed people say that on PA1 there is less fouls by the CPU, well against QPR they did about 6 fouls, proper fouls like bringing a player down. They got four bookings too. So that theory, deary, is dead. :)

Polter is definitely a beast for QPR, I may try and buy him in the transfer window.

Next up Nottm Forest. I have recorded a video of just the goals, it is taking me too long to edit all the highlights. I have included the ingame highlights at the end. I love Asombolonga's goal.

That's really strange because in my first ML season with Aston Villa i got 2 penalties in the first few games but nothing since. Also I missed them both before I hadn't practised them before. Had to do a search in Google, thankfully the keeper was very patient :LOL:
Ha ha,yeah i did it like in fifa,horrible result

So I finally swallowed my pride and have decided to go for PA1! Please don't hate me for it
I was playing against QPR and in the the 30 minutes I was 3-0 down. It's like all my passes in the final third are going all over the place. So turned it off and thought sod it I'll start again with PA1.

I did enjoy the game, won 2-0 that's probably why. My passing accuracy was still mid 70's so I think that is fine. Also, I have noticed people say that on PA1 there is less fouls by the CPU, well against QPR they did about 6 fouls, proper fouls like bringing a player down. They got four bookings too. So that theory, deary, is dead. :)

Polter is definitely a beast for QPR, I may try and buy him in the transfer window.

Next up Nottm Forest. I have recorded a video of just the goals, it is taking me too long to edit all the highlights. I have included the ingame highlights at the end. I love Asombolonga's goal.

Your goal is a beuty,hard working fw snatching the ball.
Didn't you have a crush on him in FIFA aswell,that long handsome ponytail
Wait until the game settles,cry foul wolf now,wait for it.....

Played Lazio in the EL qtrs,beat them 3-1
Easy baby

Next game
Inter...
I've actually recorded pretty much the whole game,but takes ages putting it togehter.
Anyway,6-7 yellow cards,frantic pace,no time on the ball
They created the most,had 3-4 good chances,should have buried at least one.
Game ended 0-0
And I'll take that.
Derby on top player,probably the hardest game Ive ever played
Maybe a vid tmw gents
Next up,second leg vs Lazio

Master League Chapter 7: D2 Season 3 Mid Season
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
Team: Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players (2014-15 OF)
Dificulty: 6 stars (15min match time)

I decide another shift in my starting eleven.
I move Fetfatzidis my star technician to LMF in order to create and carry the ball more on the left flank.

Vs West Brom (2-0 loss)
I face the leaders West Brom that have 3 out of 3 wins so far.
I get comprehensively beaten. They defend well and throw 2 devastating counters for their goals.
Fetfatzidis had a promissing start at LMF but soon West Brom start doubling up on him defensively and dry him out (don't know if it was a coincidence or not).

Vs Leicester City (1-1)
Its a balanced game, they hold off my attacks the whole first half and score from a header mid 2nd half.
I tie the score from a corner with a glancing header from Swift my tall CF.
I'm going through another rough period finding the net.

D2 Cup Round 1 (2nd leg)
Vs Cardiff City (3-0 win on aggregate)
I was up 2-0 from the 1st leg, so I played on the counter and ended up scoring from a cross and header by a midfielder.
Although I didn't need to win to go through the extra points could be vital come the end of the season.

Vs Cardiff City (1-0 win)
Next I play Cardiff City again, this time for the league, and with a really tired team I squeeze another tight 1-0 win with a convincing team goal that ends in a squared back pass to the penalty spot where a midfielder comes and calmly slots it home 1st time.

Mid season negotiation period
Finances: 5513 of 9678 pts needed

I have a tough call to make, will I risk trying to bring in a CF (if i can make a trick trade)?
I find only one CF with a club that is open to negotiation. Name is Chris Wood and he is a tall guy (191) with good heading and 78 shot acuracy (way better than any of my CFs)
I make an offer to trade in one of my underused midfileders + 200 points, but the CPU club refuses.
I let another week pass and make a new offer this time trading in my 1st substitute CF and a few points, and the offer gets accepted. Overall I only increased my team total wage bill by about 100 pts. So hopefully Chris Wood will settle in well and improve my goal scoring.

Now that I have 2 towers in the box I pull Fetfatzidis back to left midfield, his crosses should be a lot more dangerous with 2 tall guys in the box.

In the final week of negotiations I also manage to trade in one of my Midfielders for a new CB that should boost my defense in the air slightly.

Vs Blackburn (1-1)
They score first and then I equalise with C. Wood scoring on his debut (with a header of course)
I miss a penalty 10 mins from the end...

Vs West Ham (2-0 win)
One of my fierce rivals from the previous season.
Turns out to be a weird game. I win 2 penalties adn this time score both.
Swift misses 2 open goal chances and i decide to start only the C. Wood as a target man.
Playing both of them is going to make the attack too slow.
I move Fetfatzidis to SS to support Wood in the next game.

Finances:
6,777 of 9,670pts

Next chapter:
D2 Cup second round Vs West Ham (the team that knocked me out last season putting my finances in tatters)

Lazio 0-0 AC Milan
Which means I'm in the semis of the EL
And who do I play,Roma!
Being a rival,so that will be a bloodshed

AC Milan 2-1 Udinese Calcio
I did stand a chance early on,they played around me,couldn't get hold of them
They went 1-0 up early on by zapata.
Kept trying all the way up until the 65th minute.
Did a triple sub,went gegenpress press on their arses.
Scored a scrapper in the 69th,a corner that bounced around,got a foot to it,and goal!
They were panicking by now,pressed them very high up.
Stole the ball,played between their defenders and Niang,through on goal,shot it wide.
Same story a few minutes later,three players pressed one of them.stole it,held on til Bertolacci started to run,passed him,and he banged it in.
2-1 in the 83rd
Game ended that way.

In third now,7pts behind Juve with four games left.
Need to hold on to my 3rd place,or 4th for some prime European football next season.

I move Fetfatzidis my star technician to LMF in order to create and carry the ball more on the left flank.

Vs West Brom (2-0 loss)
I get comprehensively beaten. They defend well and throw 2 devastating counters for their goals.
Fetfatzidis had a promissing start at LMF but soon West Brom start doubling up on him defensively and dry him out (don't know if it was a coincidence or not).

Vs Leicester City (1-1)
Its a balanced game, they hold off my attacks the whole first half and score from a header mid 2nd half.

D2 Cup Round 1 (2nd leg)
I was up 2-0 from the 1st leg, so I played on the counter and ended up scoring from a cross and header by a midfielder.
Although I didn't need to win to go through the extra points could be vital come the end of the season.

Next I play Cardiff City again, this time for the league, and with a really tired team I squeeze another tight 1-0 win with a convincing team goal that ends in a squared back pass to the penalty spot where a midfielder comes and calmly slots it home 1st time.

I have a tough call to make, will I risk trying to bring in a CF (if i can make a trick trade)?
I find only one CF with a club that is open to negotiation. Name is Chris Wood and he is a tall guy (191) with good heading and 78 shot acuracy (way better than any of my CFs)
I make an offer to trade in one of my underused midfileders + 200 points, but the CPU club refuses.
I let another week pass and make a new offer this time trading in my 1st substitute CF and a few points, and the offer gets accepted. Overall I only increased my team total wage bill by about 100 pts. So hopefully Chris Wood will settle in well and improve my goal scoring.

Now that I have 2 towers in the box I pull Fetfatzidis back to left midfield, his crosses should be a lot more dangerous with 2 tall guys in the box.

In the final week of negotiations I also manage to trade in one of my Midfielders for a new CB that should boost my defense in the air slightly.

Vs Blackburn (1-1)
They score first and then I equalise with C. Wood scoring on his debut (with a header of course)

Vs West Ham (2-0 win)
Swift misses 2 open goal chances and i decide to start only the C. Wood as a target man.

Finances:
6,777 of 9,670pts

Next chapter:
D2 Cup second round Vs West Ham (the team that knocked me out last season putting my finances in tatters)
Looks like you'll avoid going bust,last season was a close one

So I finally swallowed my pride and have decided to go for PA1! Please don't hate me for it.

I've tried one match on PA1 on my current ML.. It's not as easy as I thought it would be, and I nearly lost the match. For now I'm still holding on playing with PA0, but I'm just not doing well. 7 Games: 2 wins, 1 draw, and 4 losses. we'll see..

Vs West Brom (2-0 loss)

Vs Leicester City (1-1)

D2 Cup Round 1 (2nd leg)

Vs Blackburn (1-1)

Vs West Ham (2-0 win)

Finances:
6,777 of 9,670pts

Next chapter:

Chris Wood from Leeds right? Had him on PES 2016 ML, a really good CF, at least on that game.

Lazio 0-0 AC Milan
Which means I'm in the semis of the EL
And who do I play,Roma!
Being a rival,so that will be a bloodshed

AC Milan 2-1 Udinese Calcio
I did stand a chance early on,they played around me,couldn't get hold of them
They went 1-0 up early on by zapata.
Kept trying all the way up until the 65th minute.
Did a triple sub,went gegenpress press on their arses.
Scored a scrapper in the 69th,a corner that bounced around,got a foot to it,and goal!
They were panicking by now,pressed them very high up.
Stole the ball,played between their defenders and Niang,through on goal,shot it wide.
Same story a few minutes later,three players pressed one of them.stole it,held on til Bertolacci started to run,passed him,and he banged it in.
2-1 in the 83rd
Game ended that way.

In third now,7pts behind Juve with four games left.
Need to hold on to my 3rd place,or 4th for some prime European football next season.

Pretty good season going for you considering you're on TP, can't believe I'm really struggling on professional.. might have to go down to regular lol

on another note i have learned to dribble a lot better i have had moments where i have skinned 2/3 defenders on superstar and using only 70 plus rated players the trick is

deft turns with the right timing
using the r2 button with a flick as you turn
holding r3 flick it up just as you sprint past
double tap sprint from a walking pace to nutmeg them or knock it round

just a short example using only r2 and sprint bursts i love how relentless the ai defenders are

That looks really good, and also very realistic, that is, not gamey in any way. Small moves, slowdowns, speed ups should be the way to make it.

Of course, the first step is to release the sprint button regardless of your adrenaline level...

Yeah,he didn't really fit into my system.
That sale of Cantona,must be up there with the guy who didn't sign The Beatles "nah they're shit mate,won't sell a record...trust me"
You've got Pontus Jansson in Leeds now,really good CB,hard as fuck

Jansson got some great reviews lately .. .need someone like him in the team

Chris Wood from Leeds right? Had him on PES 2016 ML, a really good CF, at least on that game.
That's the player, although in the Option File I'm using he was still at Leicester.
Here are his stats in my game, a real beast of a player, a bit slow and lacking agility, but his heading ability makes up for it.
His stats have evolved a bit from the ones shown below. He has better Shot accuracy now for example.
bZobMFv.png

220px-Real_Valladolid_Logo.svg_zpsvqngpw5y.png

Real Valladolid

Blanquivioletas / Albivioletas
(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)
January - Happy New Year!
Well not in Valladolid it isnt, as 5 games yielded 1pt and it is pretty grim reading. With 4 home games to open the year, expectations had piqued a little, even more so when the teams transfer dealings come to light.

With veteran Gurpegi finally shipping off to China in a €10M deal, Penitez had money to invest, which he promptly did. 4 players came in to the club, the most notable being Awaziem, a young Nigerian centre back from Porto for €4.4M. Assoubre a player the team chased at the start of the season would finally arrive from Gimnastic in a €3.1M deal, whilst further additions saw Peruvian shot-stopper Medina and Portuguese target man Mendes, arrive for a combined fee of less than €1M.

gir_zpsutqcnkpe.png

A few fringe players would also leave the club, notably Oscar who took the money to move to France and Strasbourg. Whilst with other players entering the final stages of the contracts, Valladolid would allow Salvador and Sergio Marcos to test pastures new.

On the pitch however, things would fare differently. Any positivity gained from the new faces would soon wash away in an anemic 1-0 defeat at home to Girona. Then a 6-goal thriller saw Levante arrive and leave with the 3pts, clubbing 4 in a 4-2 win.

awz_zps0ykwmzln.png

Hopes were raised a little with a fighting draw against Real Zaragoza as a late Awaziem header saw the sides share the points 1-1. Yet a pair of defeats and no further goals saw the month peter out in a way only Valladolid can, losing 2-0 and 1-0 to UCAM Murcia and Sevilla Atletico respectively.

February looks like more of the same, with a trip to league leading Rayo Vallecano before we host Numancia in the derby and then Mallorca. An international break gives the team a chance to regroup, with the month ending at Cadiz and then home to Elche CF.

January Results:
(H) 0-1 Girona
(H) 2-4 Levante (Michel), (Bruno Mendes)
(H) 1-1 Real Zaragoza (Awaziem)
(H) 0-2 UCAM Murcia
(A) 0-1 Sevilla Atletico

Current Standings:
stand5_zpsowsvzyit.png

I've tried one match on PA1 on my current ML.. It's not as easy as I thought it would be, and I nearly lost the match. For now I'm still holding on playing with PA0, but I'm just not doing well. 7 Games: 2 wins, 1 draw, and 4 losses. we'll see..

Pretty good season going for you considering you're on TP, can't believe I'm really struggling on professional.. might have to go down to regular lol
I struggled a lot my first attempts at ML,got beaten left and right,and acctually considered dropping to regular.
But the training ground and a good strategy saved my bacon.
I guess if I'd played with a weaker team,TP would be horrible,but now it's okay,like the challenge

Olimpo dream

settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes

report on matches: Olimpo - CA Huracán and Olimpo - CA Lánus

Summary

2006_final_destination_3_001.jpg

A roller coaster of emotions indeed.

Two matches at home. Carefully optimistic.

First against Huracán. They are sharp and aggressive. We block the midfield effectively. But whenever they break into our third, I feel it always results in a shot. I throw in everything defensively, including two last-second sliding tackles. They have a good number of chances, we have few decent chances. It ends 0-0, with our GK Champagne man of the match. Shots 5-13 in their favor.

Second match against Lánus. This feels more balanced. During the first 70' no celebrations.

Then interesting things start to happen. First I start making weird mistakes in my own half. Either I have a seizure myself, or my players are getting slower. We concede the ball twice to them in defense. Everything feels sticky. Maybe my guys are nervous. Second mistake leads into a corner, and Lánus head it in irresistibly: 0-1.

I push our A-level up. Soon we build on the right wing with my CF, RMF and AMF. Eventually the RMF lobs the ball to the CF inside the box, and Gaona Lugo does a layoff header to my CM Mansilla making a run into the box. Mansilla shoots immediately: into the roof of the goal.

Huge celebrations! I didn't even remember what it felt like to score. Hands up in the air. My dry season is finally over.

A happy end to this story? I press continue, then the share button, relaxed, enjoying this song playing in Spotify on the PS4. I just scraped the sky indeed.

After a few seconds, when I start looking at the screen again, I notice that under the share menu the match proceeds. Because I score so seldom, I didn't remember that PES isn't paused automatically when sharing. Fifa is, and in PES this isn't an issue when the CPU scores, because then your team will kickoff. I jump back, with the CPU breaking through the middle. In panic I try to do something, but I am completely lost: 1-2.

You've got to be #~£!$ kidding me. All this pushing for a goal in vain. (Of course it wasn't afterwards: I still scored.) No more "scraping the sky," but another song does come to mind, and this one is by Radiohead: "I'm not here, this isn't happening."

Furthermore, because I jumped back from the sharing menu, I lost the clip from my goal: share resets video start.

So there goes the goal, and my PS (personal spirit) drops to 0. We continue with a higher A-level. Halfhearted attempts, and I limply let the CPU score once more from a counter: 1-3.

(To top it all, I made a similar sharing mistake in the next match, but then the CPU crossed the ball over the touch line. Report from that match soon.)

Feint clips

In addition to obtaining a valuable point from these two matches, I also tried to learn more about dribbling. Inspired by the example shown by saintric, I started today with dribbling and feints in mind. Here are two clips from the two matches where I apply feints successfully. The first one includes general pressure on the CPU and is a bit longer. I feel that thinking of feints and dribbles helps me avoid offensive constipation where I try too much the same.

Another report coming soon.

220px-Real_Valladolid_Logo.svg_zpsvqngpw5y.png

Real Valladolid

Blanquivioletas / Albivioletas
(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)
January - Happy New Year!
Well not in Valladolid it isnt, as 5 games yielded 1pt and it is pretty grim reading. With 4 home games to open the year, expectations had piqued a little, even more so when the teams transfer dealings come to light.

With veteran Gurpegi finally shipping off to China in a €10M deal, Penitez had money to invest, which he promptly did. 4 players came in to the club, the most notable being Awaziem, a young Nigerian centre back from Porto for €4.4M. Assoubre a player the team chased at the start of the season would finally arrive from Gimnastic in a €3.1M deal, whilst further additions saw Peruvian shot-stopper Medina and Portuguese target man Mendes, arrive for a combined fee of less than €1M.

gir_zpsutqcnkpe.png

A few fringe players would also leave the club, notably Oscar who took the money to move to France and Strasbourg. Whilst with other players entering the final stages of the contracts, Valladolid would allow Salvador and Sergio Marcos to test pastures new.

On the pitch however, things would fare differently. Any positivity gained from the new faces would soon wash away in an anemic 1-0 defeat at home to Girona. Then a 6-goal thriller saw Levante arrive and leave with the 3pts, clubbing 4 in a 4-2 win.

awz_zps0ykwmzln.png

Hopes were raised a little with a fighting draw against Real Zaragoza as a late Awaziem header saw the sides share the points 1-1. Yet a pair of defeats and no further goals saw the month peter out in a way only Valladolid can, losing 2-0 and 1-0 to UCAM Murcia and Sevilla Atletico respectively.

February looks like more of the same, with a trip to league leading Rayo Vallecano before we host Numancia in the derby and then Mallorca. An international break gives the team a chance to regroup, with the month ending at Cadiz and then home to Elche CF.

January Results:
(H) 0-1 Girona
(H) 2-4 Levante (Michel), (Bruno Mendes)
(H) 1-1 Real Zaragoza (Awaziem)
(H) 0-2 UCAM Murcia
(A) 0-1 Sevilla Atletico

Current Standings:
stand5_zpsowsvzyit.png

Please don't take this the wrong way but, seriously, what enjoyment can you possibly get from this? You've hardly won any games and scored so few - are you honestly having fun? I would have given up...

Olimpo dream

settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes

report on matches: Olimpo - CA Huracán and Olimpo - CA Lánus

Summary

2006_final_destination_3_001.jpg

A roller coaster of emotions indeed.

Two matches at home. Carefully optimistic.

First against Huracán. They are sharp and aggressive. We block the midfield effectively. But whenever they break into our third, I feel it always results in a shot. I throw in everything defensively, including two last-second sliding tackles. They have a good number of chances, we have few decent chances. It ends 0-0, with our GK Champagne man of the match. Shots 5-13 in their favor.

Second match against Lánus. This feels more balanced. During the first 70' no celebrations.

Then interesting things start to happen. First I start making weird mistakes in my own half. Either I have a seizure myself, or my players are getting slower. We concede the ball twice to them in defense. Everything feels sticky. Maybe my guys are nervous. Second mistake leads into a corner, and Lánus head it in irresistibly: 0-1.

I push our A-level up. Soon we build on the right wing with my CF, RMF and AMF. Eventually the RMF lobs the ball to the CF inside the box, and Gaona Lugo does a layoff header to my CM Mansilla making a run into the box. Mansilla shoots immediately: into the roof of the goal.

Huge celebrations! I didn't even remember what it felt like to score. Hands up in the air. My dry season is finally over.

A happy end to this story? I press continue, then the share button, relaxed, enjoying this song playing in Spotify on the PS4. I just scraped the sky indeed.

After a few seconds, when I start looking at the screen again, I notice that under the share menu the match proceeds. Because I score so seldom, I didn't remember that PES isn't paused automatically when sharing. Fifa is, and in PES this isn't an issue when the CPU scores, because then your team will kickoff. I jump back, with the CPU breaking through the middle. In panic I try to do something, but I am completely lost: 1-2.

You've got to be #~£!$ kidding me. All this pushing for a goal in vain. (Of course it wasn't afterwards: I still scored.) No more "scraping the sky," but another song does come to mind, and this one is by Radiohead: "I'm not here, this isn't happening."

Furthermore, because I jumped back from the sharing menu, I lost the clip from my goal: share resets video start.

So there goes the goal, and my PS (personal spirit) drops to 0. We continue with a higher A-level. Halfhearted attempts, and I limply let the CPU score once more from a counter: 1-3.

(To top it all, I made a similar sharing mistake in the next match, but then the CPU crossed the ball over the touch line. Report from that match soon.)

Feint clips

In addition to obtaining a valuable point from these two matches, I also tried to learn more about dribbling. Inspired by the example shown by saintric, I started today with dribbling and feints in mind. Here are two clips from the two matches where I apply feints successfully. The first one includes general pressure on the CPU and is a bit longer. I feel that thinking of feints and dribbles helps me avoid offensive constipation where I try too much the same.

Another report coming soon.

James you do realise that when you want to save something you press share button twice at the start like for a replay and when you want to end it you press share twice again or it will continue for 15 mins.

James you do realise that when you want to save something you press share button twice at the start like for a replay and when you want to end it you press share twice again or it will continue for 15 mins.
I know how to use it. I have set clip length to be 1 min in share settings. That will save a clip of the last minute when I press share followed by square. That's why my highlight reels here usually consist of 1 min clips.

There is no need to press share twice when you apply it like this.

I know how to use it. I have set clip length to be 1 min in share settings. That will save a clip of the last minute when I press share followed by square.

There is no need to press share twice when you apply it like this.

Oh right. . . . . unusual set up. . .good to see you trying some feints. I keep forgetting how to pull them off when under pressure.

(...), and my PS (personal spirit) drops to 0. (...)
Priceless moment =) loved the humor here =). thanks!

Please don't take this the wrong way but, seriously, what enjoyment can you possibly get from this? You've hardly won any games and scored so few - are you honestly having fun? I would have given up...
Question wasn't addressed to me, but I think I can relate because I have a similar approach to playing PES.
This is exactly the thing with Football (the game) that PES has (almost) always captured so beautifully. It's not about the most realistic graphics or animations. PES is about capturing Football's tension created by the long absence of success. This is what distinguishes Football from all other sports, and what makes it so universally loved.

The emotional release a player / a team / a group of fans feel after going weeks or months without a goal or a win and finally in a moment where everything seems to align,
the team mate runs to just the right place,
the pass makes it by the defender's outstretched foot by a few inches,
he controls it beautifully in his stride with perfect touch and balance,
another defender comes desperately across,
he doesn't panic and calmly steps on the ball letting the defender slide hopelessly out of the way,
the keeper rushes out,
he can see him out of the corner of his eye as he takes another touch to put the ball just right for his favored foot,
his heart starts racing, can this really be the moment the drought is going to come to an end?,
doubt and adrenaline spike in the split second he has to take the decision,
he's been here so many times, and for some reason it has just not happened
near post? far post? dink it? does he go for power and hope? does he curl it around the keeper?
on the stands the fans are standing up, neck outstretched,
everyone goes quiet in that split second between the excitement of a chance created and the final shot.
He pulls his foot back and smashes his laces through the center of the ball,
it's the cleanest hit he's ever felt, the ball fires off and scrapes off the keeper's finger tips,
he can do nothing at such close range but look back to see where it will end up.
the ball gains a slight spin from the contact with the glove and starts swerving with back spin slightly but powerfully...
with an "explosion" it hits the underside of the bar and smashes back into the hard short grass with violence rebounding back into the roof of the net that bulges upwards with the magic that only a football goal can have.

The crowd screams with delight, friends with painted faces cry with joy, kids hug their parents as they throw them in the air wildly, couples kiss!!!

They had lost or drawn at home for 10 straight matches, and failed to score in the last 5. The wait, the missed chances, the narrow losses. They just seemed to keep coming and coming.

In that moment how does it suddenly look so simple to score a goal? It's 11Vs11 and all you need is to put the ball between the posts past that elusive bit of white paint.

All the other teams in the league seem to make it look like routine. But this one was so special, ...

...so flavorful because...

...for some reason it was so hard for us...

After a draw and a couple of disheartening defeats the boys bounced back with a demolition of Salernitana with Petagna scoring a fine hat-trick . . here's the first of his goals..... a lovely dink over the keeper.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rossi holds onto the ball well and nearly finishes the move with a close header . .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rossi makes it 4 with a great finish . .even though the opponents had their chances to score . . . the win was well deserved.

The Benevento Connection: From South America... On Loan

So Williams Jones first season wasn't great - a bitterly disappointing 21st place finish in the 22 team Italian Serie B. Even the clobbering of the local mafia syndicate (Cifano is still missing) couldn't offer much in the way of joy for "Black Belt", though watching Archie getting very well acquainted with classic 60's & 70's New Orleans funk & soul did raise a smile. Still no word from Langley on the Lee Dorsey.

In spite of a fairly disastrous first season the locals had taken to Jones, with some of his first team players developing a strong bond with him into the bargain. The clubs owners knew they simply had to retain the man from San Fran, and a new contract was offered pretty much after the last ball was kicked in his first season.

It was time to further improve the squad and for Jones to make his mark in Italian football. Such was his desire he rejected the Jordan, Greece and England (wtf?) national team mangerial positions offered to him to help try make that so. Vicenza, along with Brentford from the English Championship, approached Jones for his services but they were both laughed off and dismissed. No, Benevento was the place to be.

The close season was productive in the transfer market, yet Jones was wise with his deals. There was actually a fairly healthy kitty at his disposal; 10m in transfer funds and just under 10m in player wages also available. Most of the new recruits were loan signings with options to buy:

Simone Sorrentino (ITA): Although Melikov was a reliable keeper, Jones needed to consider the future of both Benevento and the well-being of Italian football; Donarrumma will need competition. Sorrentino could be the answer for both Benevento and Italy and was signed from the youth team. Archie reckons he could easily be the next Alan Rough. You can take the man out of Maryhill, but you can't take Maryhill out of the man it seems.

Franck Kessie (CIV): Defensive midfielder by trade, but capable of the box-to-box style Jones likes in his ranks. Can fill any midfield role with the exception of AMF and can deputise in CB if needs must. A perfect replacement for the soon to depart Franck-Yves Bambock. Will certainly make sure there is a Franck in the team if nothing else. The Ivorian is nn loan with option-to-buy from Atalanta BC.

Nacho Monsalve (ESP): 23 year-old CB signed on a free. Released by Club Atletico de Madrid at the end of the 15/16 season, and now Deportivo de La Coruña B. Archie says it was wise to grab him as he has a "real face" The Spaniard is running out of options at professional level, but should prove useful back-up to the current first team CB trio.

Martin Elric (HRV): 19 year-old giant of a CB signed on loan with option-to-buy from U.S. Sassuolo Calcio. The Croatian has made the right side of the CB trio his own immediately, helped somewhat with the also Sassuolo loanee Ferrini occupying the left hand side. His arrival makes the average age of the central defensive trio just over 19 years old, with Milillo placed between the two Sassuolo youth prospects the oldest at 20.

Sadiq Umar (NIG): Gangly centre forward signed on loan from Bologna. It takes a lot to shift the currently on-loan Everton Kempes dos Santos Gonçalves aka Kempes from the CF role, but Umar has done exactly that. Although Jones has a soft spot for Kempes, especially his afro, the 34 year-old was showing signs of age towards the end of last season. The 20 year-old Nigerian is an injection of youthful competiton. It won't only be Kempes has to fend off for a starting place this season, but he has settled quickly.

Luis Advíncula (PER): The first of Jones' coups when he instructed Archie to scout the South American market during the summer. The 27 year-old Peruvian utility man can play *takes deep breath* RB, LB, RM, LM, AMF, SS, LWF, RWF. When Jones read Archie's dossier it simply said: "Speeding Bullet"

Maximiliano Lovera (ARG): 18 year-old Lovera has signed on for a one year loan spell from CA Rosaria Central. Option to buy is in place, naturally. Jones wants competiton up top, and he now has it. But it doesn't end there...

Lucas Albertengo (ARG): Jones was amazed that Archie had managed to get the 26 year-old CA Independiente man to consider a loan move with option to buy, never mind his club. Left-footed Albertengo is a supporting striker by nature, but can also play CF. He leaves his parent club as a "Leader" and Jones hopes he can help lead Benevento to Serie A and maybe even a decent cup run this season. Albertengo comes with desirable skills; long range drive; first-time shot; heading. To go along with his apparent leadership he boasts Fighting Spirit.

Good old Archie indeed!

Before all these deals were finalised the season was about to get underway. First up was a trip up to the Veneto region and match with Ascoli Picchio FC. Although confident in the main, Jones couldn't help but feel a bit nervous. Last season was a disaster, and a trip away up to the north west coast on the first day of the season wasn't an ideal way to get the ball rolling on what he was determined to be a successful season.

After only 10 minutes of the new season it just felt like last season. 1-0 Ascoli.

Jones had seen this all too often last term; early goals conceded away from home and his team either getting picked off and the defecit rising, or his team putting in a brave but literally pointless performance. The team were improving but this was a test that they could have done without so quickly into the new season. Immediately after the goal was conceded, Jones could see Archie calling over left-back Mattiello and whisper in his ear.

When Archie returned to the dug-out to sit by his side, Jones asked what he said to his full-back, one of the teams stars of last season:

"I told him that boy that plays for their lot, Almici, said that he runs like a cissy"

Jones was perplexed bby Archie's motivational tactics. Maybe this wasn't the time to be winding the lad up.

The match restarts and Jones gets ready for 80 minutes of frustration.

Castledine, somewhat of an enigma but loved by both support and teammates, finds himself with some space right in the centre of the pitch and plays it along the ground to Kempes. Kempes gathers with his back to goal and sees Mattiello bombing forward to his right. He feeds it to the offensive-minded full-back...

Mattiello takes the pass in his stride and heads toward the penalty area. He is in isolation with Almici...

Mattiello faces the Ascoli man up then skips past the first challenge and heads into the top left corner of the penalty area...

1-1

Jones slowly turns to his right-hand man Archie. Archie was already looking at Jones, smilling:

"I did say to the lad that Almici boy said he runs like a cissy, but I also told him to Groove the Touchline, not Hug it, dig?"

Good old Archie.

The next 75mins were unenventful, but Jones couldn't have been happier come the final whistle. Jones was in fact laughing 15 minutes later, due Archie's choice of theme music used in the changing room to celebrate this victory of sorts...

To be continued... maybe, with "The Benevento Connection: The Prince Of Parga"

No thats fine :)

Its tough, very tough, but results dont always show the true story and without me recording and doing highlights, you will just have to take my word for it. However in a fair few of the games ive been the better side and not taken my chances and/or given up a goal or 2 that I should have prevented (either pushing forward to much, or just making a mistake).

If I was being nobbed every game and not creating or doing anything constructive, then id be more inclined to agree with you.

Its a decent challenge though and like a great man once said "If you dont like losing, then football isnt the sport to be in"

After a draw and a couple of disheartening defeats the boys bounced back with a demolition of Salernitana with Petagna scoring a fine hat-trick . . here's the first of his goals..... a lovely dink over the keeper.

Rossi holds onto the ball well and nearly finishes the move with a close header . .

Rossi makes it 4 with a great finish . .even though the opponents had their chances to score . . . the win was well deserved.

First goal is a real motherfucker Dec,can't do moves like that,me old arthritic fingers...
Classy baby

Apologies if this isn't the right thread, but clearly folks are enjoying ML. So I assume it's me, not the game, which is the issue.

I just don't get how to play against the CPU in ML. I can play entire matches without winning a header. Watch as decent units like Fellaini and Pogba are just brushed aside by tiny midfielders - or worse - brushed aside and then stumble into uselessness. Watch as I free Marcus Rashford down the middle with a perfect through ball, to have him caught in 2 strides by James Collins. Then watch as Mark Noble handily outpaces Luke Shaw as he runs down the side.

I mean I get it - the CPU is getting some advantage in stats - but how do you all deal with it? I just find myself hating the game, and it seems like so many people enjoy it.

Aaaaahhh man, the first goal just made my day!

Apologies if this isn't the right thread, but clearly folks are enjoying ML. So I assume it's me, not the game, which is the issue.

I just don't get how to play against the CPU in ML. I can play entire matches without winning a header. Watch as decent units like Fellaini and Pogba are just brushed aside by tiny midfielders - or worse - brushed aside and then stumble into uselessness. Watch as I free Marcus Rashford down the middle with a perfect through ball, to have him caught in 2 strides by James Collins. Then watch as Mark Noble handily outpaces Luke Shaw as he runs down the side.

I mean I get it - the CPU is getting some advantage in stats - but how do you all deal with it? I just find myself hating the game, and it seems like so many people enjoy it.

I was feeling the same until I decided to look at the tactical side of the game and suddenly it all clicked.

I am playing in the Championship as Blackburn and funnily enough managed to get Rashford on loan, but I was struggling against the AI big time and honestly most of the time I felt that the AI was "cheating" or that the scripting was way to extreme in the ML.

However I decided to stick with it and I totally overhauled my tactics and came up with a gameplan and formation that suited the strengths of the players that I have at my disposal and bingo it all clicked. I am currently 13 unbeaten in the league and my team is doing what I want it to do. Also have to say that Chemistry plays a massive part in ML. When my chemistry was in the low 60's the team did not function, now that I have got it close to 80 we are just a more cohesive unit.

I struggled a lot my first attempts at ML,got beaten left and right,and acctually considered dropping to regular.
But the training ground and a good strategy saved my bacon.
I guess if I'd played with a weaker team,TP would be horrible,but now it's okay,like the challenge

I really need to get into tactics and strategy more.. do you have one tactic you always use or change it between games, cause in pes TS drops if you switch tactics.

I really understand his approach to the game, enjoying the game is not always about winning. But.. I personally would give up too :D

You're really making me jealous with all those fancy goals.. any tips? :p

Started last night as manager of Bari. i'm not a writer, nor do I have good comprehension of grammar (thanks to my D in GCSE English) so I don't know why i'm doing this in a news story style I just started writing with excitement and this is what came out :)

1296.png

Manager: Robbie Ryan
Club: Bari FC

SEASON 2016-2017 - AUGUST

After a few rotten years of stagnation in Serie B, the perennial Italian yo-yo club are making a big push for promotion. 25 years on from their iconic signing of England midfielder David Platt the Puglia club have looked to England yet again to prise away the highly rated young coach* Robbie Ryan.

The London-based Dubliner was as pun-filled as he was hard-hitting in his opening press conference claiming that "i Galletti have been docile for far too long" and that the fans "deserve a team worth crowing about". Bari's suffering fans however have heard nearly every joke, statement of intent and cliche imagineable from club officials since the former president Vincenzo Matarresse and his family decided to end their investment in 2011 leading the Bari Supporters Club president to tiredly state "All that matters is what happens on the pitch."

Even the most cynical of Bari fans must have broken into a grin when at an open training session the following Monday, Ryan introduced - in a refreshingly understated fashion - former Italy international Target man Luca Toni, a player who has won the Bundesliga, World Cup and even retired from football since last appearing in Serie B with Palermo 12 years ago. "Bringing Luca out of retirement to help us was my number one target." Announced alongside the signing of Toni was the permanent signing of Loanee Gaetano Monachello, a player Ryan hopes will be able to fill the shoes of Toni when he again decides to retire. "Gaetano will learn a lot from Luca. he was very highly thought of as a youngster but never got the chance to make an impact. at 22 he really needs to make a breakthrough and I want him to do it at Bari."

Bari vs Pro Vercelli

The Stadio San Nicola saw one of it's largest attendances in 5 years for Bari's opening game against relative minnows Pro Vercellibut the air of cautious optimism that has built up since the arrival of Robbie Ryan was immediately dampened when the team sheet was read out to reveal that Luca Toni had only made the bench. Bari lined up in what the gazzetta dello sport dubbed as the 'very English' 4-4-2 with Toni's understudy Monachello up front alongside Ageing tricky forward Franco Brienza.
Bari started strongly keeping a lot of possession in attacking areas and after ten minutes the atmosphere was boosted when Monachello slipped through Brienza who calmly slotted past the Vercelli keeper to open the scoring, justifying his selection almost immediately, Bari ran out of steam somewhat after the goal and Leoni grew into the game utilising their midfield 3 against the 2 central midfielders of David Ivan and the tireless captain Migjen Basha. Despite the growing advantage in the middle of the park Vercelli equalised rather fortuitously with a stroke of luck following a corner. The Bari defence, perhaps not quite used to the strict man marking system put in place by Ryan completely failed to pick up their men and the ball was scrambled in at the back post to make it 1-1.

It was a tight affair in the second half with not many chances created, with great encouragement from the fans Luca Toni was brought on to make his debut and instantly had an impact giving away a free kick whilst challenging for a header. Toni's presence gave the home side a boost whilst searching for a winner but ultimately did not contribute for the goal, Aamoment of pure magic from Basha first chesting down a clearance from a corner and subsequentlyvolleying it past keeper Pigliacelli to seal victory.

Bari 2 - 1 Pro Vercelli - Goals: Brienza, Basha. MoM: Basha

Perguia vs Bari

The following week saw Bari travel 400 miles north to face one time serie A runner up Perugia. Ryan started with the same sans-Toni line-up and formation from the previous game which instantly struggled against the combative midfield 5 of Grifoni. Bari finished the first half with only one shot on target via the isolated and well marked Monachello and resorted to long passes in the second half to him and then to Luca Toni who again failed to make a real impact.
To make matters worse Bari's defence were very sloppy and slow, with the lack pace ultimately allowing Perugia forward Aguire nip in from the wing to meet a low cross and tap into the near corner.
The fans and media, quick to jump on the poor display came out in criticism of the manager not delivering promises of change and sticking with the same squad as last season with one dejected fan in particular exclaiming "he probably spent all the money on Luca, and he's not even playing him."

Bari 0 - 1 Perugia - MoM: Ivan

Bari vs Ascoli

With Bari succumbing to a disappointing result against Perugia, Coach Ryan's first action was to sign 18-year old Roma centre back Riccardo Marchizza on loan, stating in the match programme notes "We've been actively looking for another centre back, Ricci adds competition to the backline as well as injects a bit of pace. Di Cesare and Monas are both in their mid 30s and Denis (Tonucci) needs those extra legs around him when the opposition play more direct" Marchizza was included in the team in one of a few changes, Ivan was brought into a more natural centre midfield position alongside Basha which allowed Kingsley Boateng to make his first appearance of the season on the right wing. Despite calls for Luca Toni to start, Ryan stuck with Monachello and Brienza as a front 2.
Predictably Ascoli came to the Stadio San Nicola in a midfield three intent on keeping possession. Ryan, appearing to have learned his lesson moved Brienza back into midfield to chase down the opposition. A great interception played in Basha who struck a delightful shot from 25 yards which flew perfectly inside the far post for 1-0. From then on in it was all Bari, wave after wave of attack with the best chance falling to Monachello who headed over after a finely worked free kick routine. A second goal eventually came from the deeper Brienza, who picked up the ball from a Ivan layoff dribbled forward and planted the ball into the bottom corner from the edge of the area. In the closing stages of the game Brienza and Basha were both rested to a standing ovation allowing De Luca and Yebli to make their first appearances of the season. Picchio took advantage of the casual nature of the last few mins by scoring a consolation in the 92nd minute which would have no doubt infuriated Ryan who's team are still searching for their first clean sheet of the season.

Bari 2 - 1 Ascoli Goals: Basha, Brienza. MoM Brienza

With three games gone in the new season, Ryan has already stamped down his management style and system within the team, for better and for worse. One one hand the renewed optimism is contagious and encouraging but there are still grumbles amongst the fans about the lack of signings, Luca Toni not justifying his Salary as yet and the rigidity of the 'molto inglese' ways of the manager.

Player of the Month: Migjen Basha - Two spectacular goals alongside dogged leadership and tireless performances. Basha is showing himself to be the rock and the heart of the team.

Goal of the Month: Migjen Basha vs Ascoli -
P3 W2 L1 F4 A3 Pts6
POS 4th

*Disclaimer - in real life Robbie Ryan retired early and became a maintanence worker on the London Underground http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...tiano-ronaldo-in-an-fa-cup-final-8324094.html

Back
Top Bottom