The Master League adventures thread

James I'm relatively new to the ps4. . . . how do you paste clips together?
ShareFactory will paste, clip, shuffle and time warp the clips, add transitions and background music and whatnot. I used to do some fancy stuff with it. If you want the full treatment, here's one manual:

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/sharefactory-livearea/new-game-manual/index.html#/?locale=en-US

However, nowadays I want my editing to be quick, and here is my process.
  1. Before I start a new play session, I delete everything I have in the gallery. That way I don't need to figure out which clips are new.
  2. When I have played and saved some clips, I launch SF and start a new project.
  3. This brings up my clips. I select them all, last clip first because SF shows the newest clip first.
  4. After this I start the project. (Not sure of the button, maybe square?)
  5. All I need to do now is press Option and select "Export to gallery." This will create a new video with all the clips. You can find the new video in the gallery.

ShareFactory will paste, clip, shuffle and time warp the clips, add transitions and background music and whatnot. I used to do some fancy stuff with it. If you want the full treatment, here's one manual:

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/sharefactory-livearea/new-game-manual/index.html#/?locale=en-US

However, nowadays I want my editing to be quick, and here is my process.
  1. Before I start a new play session, I delete everything I have in the gallery. That way I don't need to figure out which clips are new.
  2. When I have played and saved some clips, I launch SF and start a new project.
  3. This brings up my clips. I select them all, last clip first because SF shows the newest clip first.
  4. After this I start the project. (Not sure of the button, maybe square?)
  5. All I need to do now is press Option and select "Export to gallery." This will create a new video with all the clips. You can find the new video in the gallery.

Thanks for your help.

I was playing on TP all manual with the defaults but I had to drop down to Professional in the second season when I got beaten 35 times ha ha . . .Professional has surprised me I thought it would be a doddle. . . beware . .. TP can get very difficult during the season. . . ..keep the posts coming.

i lost my next 4 games :D

report coming soon or tomorrow, needless to say the fans are fuming about Luca Toni (a major balls up on my part it seems!)

Grande Grinta....Grande Caristico!

So after being humiliated by Sassuolu in my last game with a 3-0 defeat,I now move in to the final games of my first season.

First up is a three game series vs one of my fiercest rivals,AS Roma
Game one is the EL semifinal in Rome.
This game I just had one though,one goal,keeping a clean sheet.
I played very defensively,10 men keeping a nice tight defensive line,not pretty,but effective.
Had a single striker up front chasing long balls all game long.
A hard fought battle ended 0-0.
Very pleased with that result.

Second game,also at the Olimpico in Rome,The 36th round of the Serie vs As Roma.
I needed a draw,to keep the wolves away,being just one point clear from the 5th position,I really want my Champions league spot for next year.

My boys will go home as legends after this game,kids will be baptised in honour of this team.
I totally demolished Roma.
I had to check afterward if I'd made an error and switched from TP to P.
But no,fair and square,got the win.
Here's a massive coverage of it

To bad the other results didn't go my way
Napoli drew,and Torino won,so I'm still in 3rd with 70p,Torino also 70p,and Napoli in 5th on 69.

Tomorrow I'll take on Roma again in the EL semi.

Great great match!!!! Awesome result man!
By the way, what camera settings you using? Getting a bit tired of my settings here lol.

Nice editing too Rock.

So after being humiliated by Sassuolu in my last game with a 3-0 defeat,I now move in to the final games of my first season.

I played very defensively,10 men keeping a nice tight defensive line,not pretty,but effective.

Second game,also at the Olimpico in Rome,The 36th round of the Serie vs As Roma.
I needed a draw,to keep the wolves away,being just one point clear from the 5th position,I really want my Champions league spot for next year.

My boys will go home as legends after this game,kids will be baptised in honour of this team.

Napoli drew,and Torino won,so I'm still in 3rd with 70p,Torino also 70p,and Napoli in 5th on 69.

Go on the Rock!. ...great vid buddy and great win .. .some tasty tackles going on in that match. .. . .how did you score that free kick? 30m? .. . . anything more than 20m and mine are powder puffs. .. .keep those vids coming chief.

Good luck Rock, everything hinges on these last few games! Looking forward to reading them.

Master League Chapter 8: D2 Season 3 Finale
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
Team: Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players (2014-15 OF)
Difficulty: 6 stars (15min match time)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

D2 Cup Round 2 (1st leg home)
Vs West Ham (1-1)
Its snowing! not good news, i struggle to see the ball in the snow, and my slow team is rendered even more useless but ok lets give it a go its 2 legs after all.
I start the 2 big men upfront but they fail to have any impact at all, I cannot build anything n the final 3rd. WestHam score on the counter after a big mistake where I try to activate the offside trap manually and it fails in the worst way possible and I compound the mistake by bringing out the keeper too soon into no man's land.
Really deserved to go down in the score board.
I immediately make personel changes even if its not even half time yet.
Move Fetfatzidis up to SS and Swift comes off (he is loosing his place in the team)

Immediate result! at 32 mins im already level 1-1 with a cross from the left wing for a simple header from Chris Wood.
I put on the pressure the whole 2nd half, including 2 disallowed goals for off side.
But cant break the tie. The 2nd leg is going to be interesting!

Meanwhile we are going back to league games.
I've been so focused on taking it game by game that I'm almost shocked when I look at the table and see that I'm in 3rd place in the league (1 pt behind 2nd).
Can we dream of fighting for promotion this season?
Well if I keep defending well we have a chance!

Season team stats so far:
3W 5D 1L 8GS 6GC (I have the 2nd worst attack but the best defence by far)
Finances: 7,197 of 9,670 pts

League game Vs QPR (2-1 loss)
I start well with a penalty in my favour in the first 10 minutes.
But they quickly equalize.
I try to go after the result but end up suffering another painful defeat.

League game Vs Brighton (0-0)
Against the bottom team in the league I don't manage to create anything at all.
Balanced boring game.

The last 2 results make me drop to 5th in the league but still only 4 pts from 2nd place.
But the 3 league games of the season that are left have me playing agains 3 clubs that are above me, so everything is still possible...
...maybe even a surprise promotion to D1 =)

D2 Cup Round 2 (2nd leg away)
Vs West Ham (2-1 agg loss)
Needing an away win to go through to the next cup round I lose the game 1-0 and I'm knocked out of the Cup again by West Ham, this is turning into a serious rivalry. I love when the Master League throws up stuff like this. I will be extra motivated next time I play them.

League game Vs West Brom (3-0win)
They are the league leaders and beat me in the last time we met.
Their formation has a lot of width so I adapt a little bit by making my SBs more conservative on the attack and make my SMFs cover the flanks better.

At 7 mins I immediately put together a nice passing move and win a penalty that I convert.
C. Wood won the penalty but is injured in the process...
but his replacement Turner comes in to score the 2nd at 23 mins with a scuffed shot into the ground =) I love this game!
Now i can drop the attack level and wait to counter.
With West Brom desperate to come back into the game space starts opening up.
Its one of those games where everything just clicks into place.
I start passing with a calm flow to it, always finding the free man.
After creating a couple of chances that I miss, i finally seal the game with the 3rd goal - a near post glancing header into the far corner of the net. Brilliant goal.
My biggest win in this ML yet.

I'm now in 4th place 3 pts from promotion and I made West Brom drop the lead to QPR.
The problem now is that next game is Vs Leicester and they are below me now.
Its gona be tricky to reach 2nd place unless QPR or West Brom slip.

Vs Leicester (1-0 win)
Wood is still injured so I play Turner instead (he's crap)
Leicester play with realy open wingers, so again I replicate my tactic that I used vs West Brom so effectively.
It starts to pay off as they are left unprotected and I play the high ball to the space behind their SBs causing panic with crosses into the box multiple times untill at 11 mins Turner scores a great header! go figure =)

After a while my RMF takes a knock and has to come off injured. Seems like we are going to go through another injury crisis like in season 1.

Leicester push everything they got into attack and really put me under pressure. All sorts of goal mouth scrambles happen, deflected shots hit the post, etc but I emerge the winner by the scurf of the neck =)

Everything is going to be decided on the final match of the season!
The top 3 looks like this:
1) WestBrom 24pts
2) QPR 22pts
3) Southampton 21pts

My finances could even be settled if I manage to win the last game (9297 of 9670pts)
But promotion is dependant on a slip from one of the top 2.
Exciting finale!

Final league game Vs Cardiff (2-1 win)
Its raining, but I come into the game really dominant.
Score 2 beautiful goals. One of them a penalty but the build up that resulted in it was amazing. Its minute 33 cant wait for half time to check the other scores.
I'm so focused that I forget to check the scores at half time.
So it's going to be suspense until the final whistle.
If the ref blows and my players start going berserk with celebrations I'll know I was promoted.
I play really patiently trying to keep the ball as much as possible.
My players as exausted and I concede the 1-2 in stopage time.
Cmon lets hold this only a couple of minutes to go! OMG im shitting myself.
I pass the ball around my defenders until the final whistle.
My players do not celebrate the win efusively and I wonder if I got 2nd place or not.

I didn't...

Both West Brom and QPR win their matches and I miss promotion by a single point.
Well at least there is the consolation of a few thousand points bonuses for individual awards and overall team placement.
This means I'll definitely finally be able to splash out on at least one good CF and mount a definitive challenge for the top 2 next season.

Season Stats:
Best Player of the League: My GK!
League Top Scorer: Fetfatzidis is joint top scorer with 7 goals!
D2 Cup Top Scorer: Fetfatzidis is joint top scorer with 3 goals!

24pts 6W, 6D, 2L GS 15, GC 9 (the best defense in the league, but only the 2nd worst attack)

Finances (before friendlies)
14,737 of 9,670pts!

All the end of season bonuses left me in a really good financial situation.
If I can squeeze a few more thousands from the 8 friendlies we should eb able to grab at least a couple of great signings (providing anyone is willing to sign for us)

Time for the friendlies and Negotiations.

Hope you enjoyed this epic season. I had lots of fun.

Next chapter: D2 Season 4 The attack on D1 promotion

You did really well in that season. Sorry you didn't make promotion. I reckon you will make it next season as your players must be improving now and what with the extra ML points that you have got, It's great that you don't get promotion straight away as it gives a lot of satisfaction when you finally make it.

Enjoy your posts!

Go on the Rock!. ...great vid buddy and great win .. .some tasty tackles going on in that match. .. . .how did you score that free kick? 30m? .. . . anything more than 20m and mine are powder puffs. .. .keep those vids coming chief.
I never score on freekick,luck of the Swedish ?
Thanx Dec

Well done Rocko that was a great result. Great free kick too. Are you sure you didn't go to regular level with full assists? :LOL:

Back to my game...beware this post is up and down but finishes up a bit.

Team - Barnsley
Level - Pro
Settings - Was PA1 for 2 games but now gone back to PA0 with manual shooting.
Time - 20 minutes
Time to edit video - half a day :P

Still early season

31st October - Barnsley 1 v Newcastle 4 (19th v 4th)

I got thumped in this game. Lost 1-4 and beginning the get frustrated. Thinking I am pretty rubbish at this game on Prof, thinking of going back to basics. Sorry it's hard to write a report when the team is so bad.

After this game I went to FIFA. Tried to enjoy it but boy that game is no good for me... Finding it boring and sluggish...anyway back to PES and back on topic...

7th November - Ipswich 2 v Barnsley 0 (14th v 21st)

I actually quit this game after half time because about 3-0 down again and cannot pass the ball. What is happening? I had tried a different formation 5-3-2 and still struggled to defend.

I started it again changed formation back to my usual 4-4-2.

I played more calm but still got beat 2-0 but it was more controlled and I saw more positives.

18th November - Birmingham 1 v Barnsley 1 (15th v 22nd)

This was more like it. My passing was still poor but I'm trying to play quicker which is opening up gaps in the defence. There is one good moment in the game where our keeper came out for the ball and kicked it towards the half way line. Their player shot it back in and my keeper panicked a bit (check the video @ 1 min)

Quite an even game. Then we won a free kick (43 mins) and Winnall scored a lovely looping header. What I enjoyed about this is that I actually meant the set up. From the free kick I crossed the ball to Bradshaw who headed across the penalty area to Winnall who looped it in. Lovely.

Second half. We were holding on but getting a few chances on the break. A few times I was panicking and they missed some good chances. Then I made a really really silly mistake. It was injury time and we had the ball in their half but I lost it stupidly and they broke away and Fabbrini scored. :BRICK: I was so annoyed...but it happens.

Here are the highlights...

21st November - Brentford 1 v Barnsley 1 (17th v 20th)

This was a fantastic game and we got off to a good start with Winnall scoring a tap in after 6 mins. It seemed easy but looking at the replay shows that it was a tough finish and he kept his cool. Then they scored probably the best goal that the CPU has scored against me when Henry scored a wonderful volley from a corner. It took me completley by surprise. Watching the replay at the end of the match shows the curl that he put on the ball, quite stunning really.

The game ebbed and flowed. We hit the post from a scramble and they continued to pressure us. Our player Williams was lucky not to get sent off as he had already been booked and then made a rash challenge in the 2nd half. But he got away with a ticking off from the ref.

I have a found a new toy with recording clips and editing them on YouTube. But it is taking so so long so I will just record very brief highlights next time. Maybe just the goals.

I have been recording the whole match using Share on PS4 and then watching the match again and noting each highlight, what a sad man. One good thing about watching the match again is that you can see what players play well and bad on your team.

Next up is Bristol Cty at home (20th v 22nd)

Well done Rocko that was a great result. Great free kick too. Are you sure you didn't go to regular level with full assists? :LOL:

Back to my game...beware this post is up and down but finishes up a bit.

Team - Barnsley
Level - Pro
Settings - Was PA1 for 2 games but now gone back to PA0 with manual shooting.
Time - 20 minutes
Time to edit video - half a day :P

Still early season

31st October - Barnsley 1 v Newcastle 4 (19th v 4th)

I got thumped in this game. Lost 1-4 and beginning the get frustrated. Thinking I am pretty rubbish at this game on Prof, thinking of going back to basics. Sorry it's hard to write a report when the team is so bad.

After this game I went to FIFA. Tried to enjoy it but boy that game is no good for me... Finding it boring and sluggish...anyway back to PES and back on topic...

7th November - Ipswich 2 v Barnsley 0 (14th v 21st)

I actually quit this game after half time because about 3-0 down again and cannot pass the ball. What is happening? I had tried a different formation 5-3-2 and still struggled to defend.

I started it again changed formation back to my usual 4-4-2.

I played more calm but still got beat 2-0 but it was more controlled and I saw more positives.

18th November - Birmingham 1 v Barnsley 1 (15th v 22nd)

This was more like it. My passing was still poor but I'm trying to play quicker which is opening up gaps in the defence. There is one good moment in the game where our keeper came out for the ball and kicked it towards the half way line. Their player shot it back in and my keeper panicked a bit (check the video @ 1 min)

Quite an even game. Then we won a free kick (43 mins) and Winnall scored a lovely looping header. What I enjoyed about this is that I actually meant the set up. From the free kick I crossed the ball to Bradshaw who headed across the penalty area to Winnall who looped it in. Lovely.

Second half. We were holding on but getting a few chances on the break. A few times I was panicking and they missed some good chances. Then I made a really really silly mistake. It was injury time and we had the ball in their half but I lost it stupidly and they broke away and Fabbrini scored. :BRICK: I was so annoyed...but it happens.

21st November - Brentford 1 v Barnsley 1 (17th v 20th)

This was a fantastic game and we got off to a good start with Winnall scoring a tap in after 6 mins. It seemed easy but looking at the replay shows that it was a tough finish and he kept his cool. Then they scored probably the best goal that the CPU has scored against me when Henry scored a wonderful volley from a corner. It took me completley by surprise. Watching the replay at the end of the match shows the curl that he put on the ball, quite stunning really.

The game ebbed and flowed. We hit the post from a scramble and they continued to pressure us. Our player Williams was lucky not to get sent off as he had already been booked and then made a rash challenge in the 2nd half. But he got away with a ticking off from the ref.

I have a found a new toy with recording clips and editing them on YouTube. But it is taking so so long so I will just record very brief highlights next time. Maybe just the goals.

I have been recording the whole match using Share on PS4 and then watching the match again and noting each highlight, what a sad man. One good thing about watching the match again is that you can see what players play well and bad on your team.

Next up is Bristol Cty at home (20th v 22nd)
Ha ha,strange how the game goes from being tough as nails,to being manageable
Great goal by Winnall in your Birmingham game.
Your GK had a few strange saves early on there:)
Heartbreaking equaliser in the 93rd mate.
Yes....the editing business,fun as hell,time consuming as nothing else.
Keep em coming G

Yep, said I woudn´t but I did. Pro level again, and this time I think it´s to keep it that way. I don´t want to win everything from start, but I don´t want to loose it all either. Top Player keeps looking like an unfair challenge. CPU has possibilities that we don´t have, specially on tackling. I need a better balance and Pro looks just fine. First match today on Pro and I didn´t win, despite I controled pretty much the whole match, just like I should against a weaker oponnent with a good defensive tactic. Also, on Pro I´m finding the individuality of my players stand out more, while having a more relaxed play.

I mean, I don´t wanna be like

tumblr_m4jcnoS2og1r573sro1_500.gif

all the time playing the game... it´s getting frustrating, even though realisticly beatifull.

Yep, said I woudn´t but I did. Pro level again, and this time I think it´s to keep it that way. I don´t want to win everything from start, but I don´t want to loose it all either. Top Player keeps looking like an unfair challenge. CPU has possibilities that we don´t have, specially on tackling. I need a better balance and Pro looks just fine. First match today on Pro and I didn´t win, despite I controled pretty much the whole match, just like I should against a weaker oponnent with a good defensive tactic. Also, on Pro I´m finding the individuality of my players stand out more, while having a more relaxed play.

I mean, I don´t wanna be like

tumblr_m4jcnoS2og1r573sro1_500.gif

all the time playing the game... it´s getting frustrating, even though realisticly beatifull.
Pro is a fantastic level,as my team,and myself got better,I needed the challenge to push myself,that's why I'm on TP now.
But prof is a great level,no scripting at all in my half on it,very little on TP aswell.

Pro is a fantastic level,as my team,and myself got better,I needed the challenge to push myself,that's why I'm on TP now.
But prof is a great level,no scripting at all in my half on it,very little on TP aswell.

I´ve been struggling on TP, but I like it. It´s so hard going back to Pro because of that! Thing is it´s been really hard to score, or to keep a clean sheet, and I find my self nearly smashing the controller, with no reason really, because the game still is awesome. But I hate when I get to that part of the match were I need a goal and my players can´t do anything right anymore... I dominate posession, I do some good moves and all, but second half and it all falls apart. CPU makes a feint and my player stumbles in a forced animation that takes forever, while they can react almost instantly. My TS is 80 by now, even with those bad results, maybe because I kept the same basic tactic since the begining, but I simply can´t create good chances... It´s all too tight and perfectly marked...

Passing has clicked a bit already, and most matches I´m building good stuff, closer and closer to goal, and then CPU get´s the ball, and with a couple shots makes the goal... arrrrghh! It´s been too much lol.

Only thing I really hate at the game is the switching mechanics... anyone else noticed that switching players only selects players behind the ball? Sometimes I keep smashing the switch button to pick a DM that is closer to the ball carrier, but the game keeps selecting the defenders while CPU builds up...

I´ve been struggling on TP, but I like it. It´s so hard going back to Pro because of that! Thing is it´s been really hard to score, or to keep a clean sheet, and I find my self nearly smashing the controller, with no reason really, because the game still is awesome. But I hate when I get to that part of the match were I need a goal and my players can´t do anything right anymore... I dominate posession, I do some good moves and all, but second half and it all falls apart. CPU makes a feint and my player stumbles in a forced animation that takes forever, while they can react almost instantly. My TS is 80 by now, even with those bad results, maybe because I kept the same basic tactic since the begining, but I simply can´t create good chances... It´s all too tight and perfectly marked...

Passing has clicked a bit already, and most matches I´m building good stuff, closer and closer to goal, and then CPU get´s the ball, and with a couple shots makes the goal... arrrrghh! It´s been too much lol.

Only thing I really hate at the game is the switching mechanics... anyone else noticed that switching players only selects players behind the ball? Sometimes I keep smashing the switch button to pick a DM that is closer to the ball carrier, but the game keeps selecting the defenders while CPU builds up...
Switching should be better,might try manual switching,I'm on semi I think.
I found that make late subs,70 min or so,and also switching your tactics then,really gives you a boost when chasing a goal,fresh players at that point make a big difference

Veni...vidi...vici?

Final meeting with As Roma,all on the table,no bluffs left,all in, it's the semifinals of the Europa League,european glory to one city,the north or the south,who will represent Italy?
First game ended 0-0, so I needed to keep a clean sheet,and score.
This game would turn out to be a heartbreaker,but for whom?

Switching should be better,might try manual switching,I'm on semi I think.
I found that make late subs,70 min or so,and also switching your tactics then,really gives you a boost when chasing a goal,fresh players at that point make a big difference

Indeed they do... And I´m constantly aware that I was close, on every single match. Then I do another, and I loose, but so close!!! And then another... and another... It´s an entire morning/afternoon saying "arrrghh so close!" loool... I know that if it suddenly clicks, game will be awesome in TP, but damn, there´s always something that happens that catches me by surprise, every single match. Then today playing against weaker sides, like the 22nd and 24th, really bad teams, TS should be really low, and suddenly I totally struggle, start winning the match but then I feell the CPU coming at me, and usually I manage those situations quite well, but lately I simply can´t. I can´t tackle, I can´t position, there´s always a solution for the CPU to find a shot on target. Like I can´t put pressure on them when I know I´m not doing it that bad.
Shit, need some training.

Veni...vidi...vici?

Final meeting with As Roma,all on the table,no bluffs left,all in, it's the semifinals of the Europa League,european glory to one city,the north or the south,who will represent Italy?
First game ended 0-0, so I needed to keep a clean sheet,and score.
This game would turn out to be a heartbreaker,but for whom?

Aaahhhh you bastard!! That´s the way to do it, you tease and make us watch the video with high hopes for your side lol... Going to watch now...

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes

Report on match: Olimpo - CA Temperley
Condition going in (latest first): DLDLL
Team spirit going in: 55

Highlight reel

Summary

Sweat_Roger_Roger.jpg

It's so god damn intense!

I played the first half of this match yesterday evening, pretty late. I had to stop cause playtime ran out. At 45' I was sweating, literally. Shots 1(1)-1(0) at that time. Both teams agile. Our young AMF Gallarjo in up arrow form, arrow pulsing on the lineup screen. Really responsive, fast. But that last piece of creativity and/or sharpness missing in the final third. Gallarjo is red hot, but we don't know how to use him to full effect yet. His shot is the only one on goal in the first half.

Today we start the second half. Right away Temperley have two decent chances. Have we lost it overnight? No: soon we start controlling the game. At 72' I honestly think we're going score: a perfectly timed lob to Perez Guedes, our highest rated player, now facing just the keeper - who saves the header. And the shot from the rebound by Gaona Lugo.

Sweating again.

We get a corner at 78'. Temperley clear it towards Villareal, our DMF. He has little time to decide what to do, and goes for a one timer. He gets almost perfect direction, height and power, but the curl takes it to the wrong side of the post.

Beautiful, that's all I can say.

Temperley's first corner at 83'. My perspiration increases by 50% every time the opposition has a corner. (The CPU is absolutely deadly in these.) And I am not wrong: it leads to one of the best chances of the match. An open shot at a header, followed by a rebound. Phew!

It ends 0-0, with shots 9-5 in our favor. One of the best matches so far.

But this is so intense that it's absolutely impossible to even try to play these matches tired. That would be like automatically conceding 0-3.

That's all the playtime I had today. Can't wait to go to the kickoff again.

The best computer game ever.

Just when I thought I was out.....they pull me back in again!
/Michael Corleone

Two games left in the league,my boys have been on a blender since the Roma game.
This time,the peasants from Sicily is awaiting us at San Siro.
Might "go to the mattresses" defence vs these shifty bastards.

Anyway I played very bad,giving the ball away,not creating much at all.
Palermo were very near to score on me in the first half,two chances that should have been goals.
I had one really good chance all game long,and we took care of business there.
AC Milan 1-0 Us Citta di Palermo.

Still tight in the table,in third,two points clear of fifth placed Napoli with one game left.

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes

Report on match: Olimpo - CA Temperley
Condition going in (latest first): DLDLL
Team spirit going in: 55

Highlight reel

Summary

Sweat_Roger_Roger.jpg

It's so god damn intense!

I played the first half of this match yesterday evening, pretty late. I had to stop cause playtime ran out. At 45' I was sweating, literally. Shots 1(1)-1(0) at that time. Both teams agile. Our young AMF Gallarjo in up arrow form, arrow pulsing on the lineup screen. Really responsive, fast. But that last piece of creativity and/or sharpness missing in the final third. Gallarjo is red hot, but we don't know how to use him to full effect yet. His shot is the only one on goal in the first half.

Today we start the second half. Right away Temperley have two decent chances. Have we lost it overnight? No: soon we start controlling the game. At 72' I honestly think we're going score: a perfectly timed lob to Perez Guedes, our highest rated player, now facing just the keeper - who saves the header. And the shot from the rebound by Gaona Lugo.

Sweating again.

We get a corner at 78'. Temperley clear it towards Villareal, our DMF. He has little time to decide what to do, and goes for a one timer. He gets almost perfect direction, height and power, but the curl takes it to the wrong side of the post.

Beautiful, that's all I can say.

Temperley's first corner at 83'. My perspiration increases by 50% every time the opposition has a corner. (The CPU is absolutely deadly in these.) And I am not wrong: it leads to one of the best chances of the match. An open shot at a header, followed by a rebound. Phew!

It ends 0-0, with shots 9-5 in our favor. One of the best matches so far.

But this is so intense that it's absolutely impossible to even try to play these matches tired. That would be like automatically conceding 0-3.

That's all the playtime I had today. Can't wait to go to the kickoff again.

The best computer game ever.
Holy shit,that was a cracker of a game,0-0 being an OK result right?
Love it that you're keeping it real on SS.
Great stuff James.
Yeah,being tired is a no no,if I've been away for more than a day,I play a warm up game,or hit the training ground first.
Keep em coming mate

Just when I thought I was out.....they pull me back in again!
/Michael Corleone

Two games left in the league,my boys have been on a blender since the Roma game.
This time,the peasants from Sicily is awaiting us at San Siro.
Might "go to the mattresses" defence vs these shifty bastards.

Anyway I played very bad,giving the ball away,not creating much at all.
Palermo were very near to score on me in the first half,two chances that should have been goals.
I had one really good chance all game long,and we took care of business there.
AC Milan 1-0 Us Citta di Palermo.

Still tight in the table,in third,two points clear of fifth placed Napoli with one game left.

Thought you committed suicide with that pass at the start .. .phew that was close. Hard luck in the Roma game .very close match.

220px-Real_Valladolid_Logo.svg_zpsvqngpw5y.png

Real Valladolid

Blanquivioletas / Albivioletas
(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)
February - Draw and Draw and Draw and Draw!
Well not exactly, but Valladolid will rue a month littered with 3 draws as they could have well come away with 12 points from a possible 15 if they had been able to take their chances.

The month began as expected with a 4-0 whipping by top of the table Rayo Vallecano. The Madrid based side are streets ahead of anyone in this division and are well on their way to bounce back to La Liga.

mardh_zpsvvaycelz.png

After that though Valladolid picked themselves up and can only blame themselves as a pair of 0-0 home draws would be 4pts dropped rather than 2 gained. The first saw a draw with rivals Numancia, as the team looked to get revenge for their loss earlier in the season, falling just short.

Then a hard fought effort against promotion chasing Mallorca would keep things ticking over in a positive fashion. Up next would be Cadiz and finally the team would find its shooting boots, only after they trailed early, as Bruno Mendes finally got back on the scoresheet nabbing a pair in a comeback 2-1 win.

To finish the month Elche came to the Jose Zorrila and when Alex put Valldolid ahead, it looked like back to back wins for the first time this season. Alas Elche pressed forward and a scuffed shot would squeeze past Isaac in the Valladolid net to take a share of the spoils.

March will begin the run in for the teams at the top, as Valladolid will be looking to edge themselves as far up the table as they can. To start they travel to Gimnastic hoping to dent their hosts promotion efforts, before a clash of the bottom feeders at Huesca. The month concludes with home ties against Lugo and 2nd placed Alcorcon.

February Results:
(A) 0-4 Rayo Vallecano
(H) 0-0 Numancia
(H) 0-0 Mallorca
(A) 2-1 Cadiz (Bruno Mendes 2)
(H) 1-1 Elche (Alex)

Current Standings:
stanidng_zpsscsuneav.png

1296.png

Manager: Robbie Ryan
Club: Bari FC

SEASON 2016-2017 - SEPTEMBER

Following on from a good start in August, there should have been a healthy buzz coming out of Bari in anticipation of the three September fixtures. Two away games in quick succession at Brescia and Cesena before travelling back down to the Stadio San Nicola to face Frosnione.

Brescia vs Bari

The team utilised the long gap between the last game at the end of august and the game against Biancoazzurri by spending the preceeding few days training in a lakeside retreat next to the serene Lake Garda. On the pitch however it was certainly not plain sailing for Ryan's men as their leaky defence was exposed once more almost instantly when Torregrossa fired in from close range after finding acres of space in the area. On the attacking side, Bari worked tirelessly with Monachello again keeping Luca Toni out of the team playing alongside Brienza in a 442. Their effort came to a head In the second half when Monachello showed true strikers instinct to get on to a cross and fire in past the keeper at point blank range. His animated celebrations showing just how delighted the young striker was at scoring his first goal for Bari and repaying the managers faith in his ability. The energetic celebrations were short lived when five minutes later, in the 78th minute the Brescia Striker Torregrossa fired in another goal from the right across the face of the Bari keeper. Ryan threw on Toni and went all out attack in a 343 but to no avail. a dissappointing defeat for i Galleti

Brescia 2 - 1 Bari - Goal: Monachello. MoM: Monachello

Cesena vs Bari

Three days after losing to Brescia, Bari travelled half way back to their home city to play Cesena. Ryan had said before the game that rotation was already on his mind after such a short gap from the last match and he stuck to his word with Toni making his first start of the season in place of Brienza who made minimal impact in the previous match. Ryan set up to play to the strengths of his powerful strikeforce, attacking from the first minute with wingers hugging the touchline and firing in high crosses to his targetmen. Chances were created amongst near domination by the away side, both strikers however lacked finesse to finish off any of the moves adequately with Toni in particular seeming a bit off the pace as the final whistle approached. In the defining moment however, the whole team were caught off guard when Guido Marilungo received a long pass over the top of the Bari defence and simply slotted it into the bottom corner to secure a win for Cavallucci Marini.

Cesena 1 - 0 Bari. MoM: Martinho

Bari vs Frosnioni

Bari came back to Puglia desperate for a win with the fans increasingly unhappy with the performances and tactics. Unfortunately desperate was the only word applicable to describe the performance. There were a couple of changes to the team with De Luca replacing Toni up front alongside Monachello, David Ivan back on the wing in more of a narrower role to allow the full backs the space to support the attack. These changes ultimately contributed to the awful performance as Frosnioni continusly disrupted the game plan by firing long diagonal passes on the counter attack to exploit the space vacated by the full backs. Both goals for Canarinicoming via this route and putting the game to bed very early on.

Bari 0 - 2 Frosnioni. MoM: N/A

Three bitterly disappointing games for Robbie Ryan who is now going to be battling for his job in the next month or two. The manager has to find a system that suits his players or simply pick a team which fits his vision, waiting until January is not an option for the Irishman. In either scenario it remains to be seen whether Marquee signing Luca Toni will fit into either vision.

Player Of The Month: Gaetano Monachello - A player working very hard to keep his place ahead of a world cup winner who finally scored his first goal for the club. His efforts epitomise what the manager wants to see from the rest of his team

Goal Of The Month: Gaetano Monachello vs Brescia - The only goal to choose from but a worthy one nonetheless, if not simply for the ecstatic celebration (I'm a twat and didnt save it)

P6 W2 L4 Pts6
POS: 16th

(October is bloody loaded with fixtures, next post is going to be loooooooong)

Back
Top Bottom