The Master League adventures thread

I really need to get into tactics and strategy more.. do you have one tactic you always use or change it between games, cause in pes TS drops if you switch tactics.

I really understand his approach to the game, enjoying the game is not always about winning. But.. I personally would give up too :D

You're really making me jealous with all those fancy goals.. any tips? :p

Lol Elja. . .they're not that fancy. . . I always try something different or unusual and when it works it looks good. . .. spend time in training and practice holding on to the ball. .and not panicking and passing straight away. . .you can then read the movement opening in front of you. . .and I try learn feints . . .I thought I saved the first half in that match but I didn't. .. .I pulled off a feint in it that was magic and beat 3 players ..damn it. Are you in Master League buddy?

Started last night as manager of Bari. i'm not a writer, nor do I have good comprehension of grammar (thanks to my D in GCSE English) so I don't know why i'm doing this in a news story style I just started writing with excitement and this is what came out :)

1296.png

Manager: Robbie Ryan
Club: Bari FC

SEASON 2016-2017 - AUGUST

After a few rotten years of stagnation in Serie B, the perennial Italian yo-yo club are making a big push for promotion. 25 years on from their iconic signing of England midfielder David Platt the Puglia club have looked to England yet again to prise away the highly rated young coach* Robbie Ryan.

The London-based Dubliner was as pun-filled as he was hard-hitting in his opening press conference claiming that "i Galletti have been docile for far too long" and that the fans "deserve a team worth crowing about". Bari's suffering fans however have heard nearly every joke, statement of intent and cliche imagineable from club officials since the former president Vincenzo Matarresse and his family decided to end their investment in 2011 leading the Bari Supporters Club president to tiredly state "All that matters is what happens on the pitch."

Even the most cynical of Bari fans must have broken into a grin when at an open training session the following Monday, Ryan introduced - in a refreshingly understated fashion - former Italy international Target man Luca Toni, a player who has won the Bundesliga, World Cup and even retired from football since last appearing in Serie B with Palermo 12 years ago. "Bringing Luca out of retirement to help us was my number one target." Announced alongside the signing of Toni was the permanent signing of Loanee Gaetano Monachello, a player Ryan hopes will be able to fill the shoes of Toni when he again decides to retire. "Gaetano will learn a lot from Luca. he was very highly thought of as a youngster but never got the chance to make an impact. at 22 he really needs to make a breakthrough and I want him to do it at Bari."

Bari vs Pro Vercelli

The Stadio San Nicola saw one of it's largest attendances in 5 years for Bari's opening game against relative minnows Pro Vercellibut the air of cautious optimism that has built up since the arrival of Robbie Ryan was immediately dampened when the team sheet was read out to reveal that Luca Toni had only made the bench. Bari lined up in what the gazzetta dello sport dubbed as the 'very English' 4-4-2 with Toni's understudy Monachello up front alongside Ageing tricky forward Franco Brienza.
Bari started strongly keeping a lot of possession in attacking areas and after ten minutes the atmosphere was boosted when Monachello slipped through Brienza who calmly slotted past the Vercelli keeper to open the scoring, justifying his selection almost immediately, Bari ran out of steam somewhat after the goal and Leoni grew into the game utilising their midfield 3 against the 2 central midfielders of David Ivan and the tireless captain Migjen Basha. Despite the growing advantage in the middle of the park Vercelli equalised rather fortuitously with a stroke of luck following a corner. The Bari defence, perhaps not quite used to the strict man marking system put in place by Ryan completely failed to pick up their men and the ball was scrambled in at the back post to make it 1-1.

It was a tight affair in the second half with not many chances created, with great encouragement from the fans Luca Toni was brought on to make his debut and instantly had an impact giving away a free kick whilst challenging for a header. Toni's presence gave the home side a boost whilst searching for a winner but ultimately did not contribute for the goal, Aamoment of pure magic from Basha first chesting down a clearance from a corner and subsequentlyvolleying it past keeper Pigliacelli to seal victory.

Bari 2 - 1 Pro Vercelli - Goals: Brienza, Basha. MoM: Basha

Perguia vs Bari

The following week saw Bari travel 400 miles north to face one time serie A runner up Perugia. Ryan started with the same sans-Toni line-up and formation from the previous game which instantly struggled against the combative midfield 5 of Grifoni. Bari finished the first half with only one shot on target via the isolated and well marked Monachello and resorted to long passes in the second half to him and then to Luca Toni who again failed to make a real impact.
To make matters worse Bari's defence were very sloppy and slow, with the lack pace ultimately allowing Perugia forward Aguire nip in from the wing to meet a low cross and tap into the near corner.
The fans and media, quick to jump on the poor display came out in criticism of the manager not delivering promises of change and sticking with the same squad as last season with one dejected fan in particular exclaiming "he probably spent all the money on Luca, and he's not even playing him."

Bari 0 - 1 Perugia - MoM: Ivan

Bari vs Ascoli

With Bari succumbing to a disappointing result against Perugia, Coach Ryan's first action was to sign 18-year old Roma centre back Riccardo Marchizza on loan, stating in the match programme notes "We've been actively looking for another centre back, Ricci adds competition to the backline as well as injects a bit of pace. Di Cesare and Monas are both in their mid 30s and Denis (Tonucci) needs those extra legs around him when the opposition play more direct" Marchizza was included in the team in one of a few changes, Ivan was brought into a more natural centre midfield position alongside Basha which allowed Kingsley Boateng to make his first appearance of the season on the right wing. Despite calls for Luca Toni to start, Ryan stuck with Monachello and Brienza as a front 2.
Predictably Ascoli came to the Stadio San Nicola in a midfield three intent on keeping possession. Ryan, appearing to have learned his lesson moved Brienza back into midfield to chase down the opposition. A great interception played in Basha who struck a delightful shot from 25 yards which flew perfectly inside the far post for 1-0. From then on in it was all Bari, wave after wave of attack with the best chance falling to Monachello who headed over after a finely worked free kick routine. A second goal eventually came from the deeper Brienza, who picked up the ball from a Ivan layoff dribbled forward and planted the ball into the bottom corner from the edge of the area. In the closing stages of the game Brienza and Basha were both rested to a standing ovation allowing De Luca and Yebli to make their first appearances of the season. Picchio took advantage of the casual nature of the last few mins by scoring a consolation in the 92nd minute which would have no doubt infuriated Ryan who's team are still searching for their first clean sheet of the season.

Bari 2 - 1 Ascoli Goals: Basha, Brienza. MoM Brienza

With three games gone in the new season, Ryan has already stamped down his management style and system within the team, for better and for worse. One one hand the renewed optimism is contagious and encouraging but there are still grumbles amongst the fans about the lack of signings, Luca Toni not justifying his Salary as yet and the rigidity of the 'molto inglese' ways of the manager.

Player of the Month: Migjen Basha - Two spectacular goals alongside dogged leadership and tireless performances. Basha is showing himself to be the rock and the heart of the team.

Goal of the Month: Migjen Basha vs Ascoli -
P3 W2 L1 F4 A3 Pts6
POS 4th

*Disclaimer - in real life Robbie Ryan retired early and became a maintanence worker on the London Underground http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...tiano-ronaldo-in-an-fa-cup-final-8324094.html

You should have been given an A in your GCSE. . .great story bud and lovely goal. . .had a feeling you were Irish. .What settings are you using Robbie? This ML thread has to be the best on any Pes site.

You should have been given an A in your GCSE. . .great story bud and lovely goal. . .had a feeling you were Irish. .What settings are you using Robbie? This ML thread has to be the best on any Pes site.

haha thanks man. Huge inspiration from some of the other stories on here, i'm sure i'll develop a style as i go.

Actually i'm English, just Robbie is a bit of a football hero of mine so I don't mind assuming an Irish identity for this purpose!

I play 13 min Top Player, 0PA passing and i've just switched to manual shooting. In fact the reason i chose that Basha goal as GotM was that it was the first goal i scored after switching to manual so I'm incredibly proud of it! i'm toying with switching to superstar because Bari seem like a pretty good team in this league, my reservation is when i first got this game i was getting slaughtered on superstar by the AI/.

haha thanks man. Huge inspiration from some of the other stories on here, i'm sure i'll develop a style as i go.

Actually i'm English, just Robbie is a bit of a football hero of mine so I don't mind assuming an Irish identity for this purpose!

I play 13 min Top Player, 0PA passing and i've just switched to manual shooting. In fact the reason i chose that Basha goal as GotM was that it was the first goal i scored after switching to manual so I'm incredibly proud of it! i'm toying with switching to superstar because Bari seem like a pretty good team in this league, my reservation is when i first got this game i was getting slaughtered on superstar by the AI/.

I was playing on TP all manual with the defaults but I had to drop down to Professional in the second season when I got beaten 35 times ha ha . . .Professional has surprised me I thought it would be a doddle. . . beware . .. TP can get very difficult during the season. . . ..keep the posts coming.

VAN PERSIE BASTARDO GRANDE!!!!

One of my worst games so far,and of course vs Sassuolo,my bogey team numeru uno!
I hardly had a sniff at the ball all game long,a freekick that hit the wall and over,two shots saved by the keeper from long range,that's about it.
A lovely display from my TP CPU,my boys were running away from the ball all game long.
Marking? Naah,who needs marking!
And Van Persie had a showing at their shit ground all afternoon
He scored a hattrick,and here's his first and 2nd goal

Game ended Sassuolo merda bastardo 3-0 AC Milan
They headline on my home screen read "title race over for AC Milan"
With 3 games left,I'm in 4th place.
So I'm gonna try to hold on to my CL spot for dear life

Juventus FC 78
AS Roma 74
SSC Napoli 68
AC Milan 67
Torino FC 67

I have Roma away,Palermo and Atalanta at home left
Plus the semi in the Europa league vs As Roma.

One of my worst games so far,and of course vs Sassuolo,my bogey team numeru uno!
I hardly had a sniff at the ball all game long,a freekick that hit the wall and over,two shots saved by the keeper from long range,that's about it.
A lovely display from my TP CPU,my boys were running away from the ball all game long.

Juventus FC 78
AS Roma 74
SSC Napoli 68
AC Milan 67
Torino FC 67

That's a rough defeat there Rock.

Those up coming Roma games will decide your season I believe - wish you luck!

I really need to get into tactics and strategy more.. do you have one tactic you always use or change it between games, cause in pes TS drops if you switch tactics.

I really understand his approach to the game, enjoying the game is not always about winning. But.. I personally would give up too :D

You're really making me jealous with all those fancy goals.. any tips? :p
Pretty much use my 4-4-2 on all opposition,I switch pressing on and off,depending on need.
I have a def 4-2-3-1 that I use when protecting the lead.
Most important is to find one that suits your style,and your players can play

Started last night as manager of Bari. i'm not a writer, nor do I have good comprehension of grammar (thanks to my D in GCSE English) so I don't know why i'm doing this in a news story style I just started writing with excitement and this is what came out :)

1296.png

Manager: Robbie Ryan
Club: Bari FC

SEASON 2016-2017 - AUGUST

After a few rotten years of stagnation in Serie B, the perennial Italian yo-yo club are making a big push for promotion. 25 years on from their iconic signing of England midfielder David Platt the Puglia club have looked to England yet again to prise away the highly rated young coach* Robbie Ryan.

The London-based Dubliner was as pun-filled as he was hard-hitting in his opening press conference claiming that "i Galletti have been docile for far too long" and that the fans "deserve a team worth crowing about". Bari's suffering fans however have heard nearly every joke, statement of intent and cliche imagineable from club officials since the former president Vincenzo Matarresse and his family decided to end their investment in 2011 leading the Bari Supporters Club president to tiredly state "All that matters is what happens on the pitch."

Even the most cynical of Bari fans must have broken into a grin when at an open training session the following Monday, Ryan introduced - in a refreshingly understated fashion - former Italy international Target man Luca Toni, a player who has won the Bundesliga, World Cup and even retired from football since last appearing in Serie B with Palermo 12 years ago. "Bringing Luca out of retirement to help us was my number one target." Announced alongside the signing of Toni was the permanent signing of Loanee Gaetano Monachello, a player Ryan hopes will be able to fill the shoes of Toni when he again decides to retire. "Gaetano will learn a lot from Luca. he was very highly thought of as a youngster but never got the chance to make an impact. at 22 he really needs to make a breakthrough and I want him to do it at Bari."

Bari vs Pro Vercelli

The Stadio San Nicola saw one of it's largest attendances in 5 years for Bari's opening game against relative minnows Pro Vercellibut the air of cautious optimism that has built up since the arrival of Robbie Ryan was immediately dampened when the team sheet was read out to reveal that Luca Toni had only made the bench. Bari lined up in what the gazzetta dello sport dubbed as the 'very English' 4-4-2 with Toni's understudy Monachello up front alongside Ageing tricky forward Franco Brienza.
Bari started strongly keeping a lot of possession in attacking areas and after ten minutes the atmosphere was boosted when Monachello slipped through Brienza who calmly slotted past the Vercelli keeper to open the scoring, justifying his selection almost immediately, Bari ran out of steam somewhat after the goal and Leoni grew into the game utilising their midfield 3 against the 2 central midfielders of David Ivan and the tireless captain Migjen Basha. Despite the growing advantage in the middle of the park Vercelli equalised rather fortuitously with a stroke of luck following a corner. The Bari defence, perhaps not quite used to the strict man marking system put in place by Ryan completely failed to pick up their men and the ball was scrambled in at the back post to make it 1-1.

It was a tight affair in the second half with not many chances created, with great encouragement from the fans Luca Toni was brought on to make his debut and instantly had an impact giving away a free kick whilst challenging for a header. Toni's presence gave the home side a boost whilst searching for a winner but ultimately did not contribute for the goal, Aamoment of pure magic from Basha first chesting down a clearance from a corner and subsequentlyvolleying it past keeper Pigliacelli to seal victory.

Bari 2 - 1 Pro Vercelli - Goals: Brienza, Basha. MoM: Basha

Perguia vs Bari

The following week saw Bari travel 400 miles north to face one time serie A runner up Perugia. Ryan started with the same sans-Toni line-up and formation from the previous game which instantly struggled against the combative midfield 5 of Grifoni. Bari finished the first half with only one shot on target via the isolated and well marked Monachello and resorted to long passes in the second half to him and then to Luca Toni who again failed to make a real impact.
To make matters worse Bari's defence were very sloppy and slow, with the lack pace ultimately allowing Perugia forward Aguire nip in from the wing to meet a low cross and tap into the near corner.
The fans and media, quick to jump on the poor display came out in criticism of the manager not delivering promises of change and sticking with the same squad as last season with one dejected fan in particular exclaiming "he probably spent all the money on Luca, and he's not even playing him."

Bari 0 - 1 Perugia - MoM: Ivan

Bari vs Ascoli

With Bari succumbing to a disappointing result against Perugia, Coach Ryan's first action was to sign 18-year old Roma centre back Riccardo Marchizza on loan, stating in the match programme notes "We've been actively looking for another centre back, Ricci adds competition to the backline as well as injects a bit of pace. Di Cesare and Monas are both in their mid 30s and Denis (Tonucci) needs those extra legs around him when the opposition play more direct" Marchizza was included in the team in one of a few changes, Ivan was brought into a more natural centre midfield position alongside Basha which allowed Kingsley Boateng to make his first appearance of the season on the right wing. Despite calls for Luca Toni to start, Ryan stuck with Monachello and Brienza as a front 2.
Predictably Ascoli came to the Stadio San Nicola in a midfield three intent on keeping possession. Ryan, appearing to have learned his lesson moved Brienza back into midfield to chase down the opposition. A great interception played in Basha who struck a delightful shot from 25 yards which flew perfectly inside the far post for 1-0. From then on in it was all Bari, wave after wave of attack with the best chance falling to Monachello who headed over after a finely worked free kick routine. A second goal eventually came from the deeper Brienza, who picked up the ball from a Ivan layoff dribbled forward and planted the ball into the bottom corner from the edge of the area. In the closing stages of the game Brienza and Basha were both rested to a standing ovation allowing De Luca and Yebli to make their first appearances of the season. Picchio took advantage of the casual nature of the last few mins by scoring a consolation in the 92nd minute which would have no doubt infuriated Ryan who's team are still searching for their first clean sheet of the season.

Bari 2 - 1 Ascoli Goals: Basha, Brienza. MoM Brienza

With three games gone in the new season, Ryan has already stamped down his management style and system within the team, for better and for worse. One one hand the renewed optimism is contagious and encouraging but there are still grumbles amongst the fans about the lack of signings, Luca Toni not justifying his Salary as yet and the rigidity of the 'molto inglese' ways of the manager.

Player of the Month: Migjen Basha - Two spectacular goals alongside dogged leadership and tireless performances. Basha is showing himself to be the rock and the heart of the team.

Goal of the Month: Migjen Basha vs Ascoli -
P3 W2 L1 F4 A3 Pts6
POS 4th

*Disclaimer - in real life Robbie Ryan retired early and became a maintanence worker on the London Underground http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...tiano-ronaldo-in-an-fa-cup-final-8324094.html
Top drawer stuff mate

Juventus FC 78
AS Roma 74
SSC Napoli 68
AC Milan 67
Torino FC 67

Nothing you could do about that second goal Rock. . . .You're still doing great and up at the top which is a great achievement on Top Player . . . I might go up to TP in the next season. Had a great game this morning v's Chievo. .I lost 1-2 but it was a hell of a match.

Nothing you could do about that second goal Rock. . . .You're still doing great and up at the top which is a great achievement on Top Player . . . I might go up to TP in the next season. Had a great game this morning v's Chievo. .I lost 1-2 but it was a hell of a match.
Yeah I know,sometimes you know from the start,it's a lost cause,probably the first game so far I felt my players were totally off.
I'll take it,scripting is much more subtle than on 16.
Need to win my remaining home games,and grind out a point vs Roma
It's been a great first season (not counting my first attempts) for me
Still magic this game,bet you had fun vs Chievo
Were you at in the table mate?

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes

Report on match: Vélez Sarsfield - Olimpo
TS going in: 55
Form going in (latest first): LDLLL

Highlight reel

Summary

goal-full-of-balls-B9KEXW.jpg

Goals everywhere.

Our great CB Mattia was in down form, so James introduces a second youth academy player in this match: CB with an OVR of 60. This seems to affect TS positively, at least in the long run.

From the start this match feels very different from the previous two: CPU doesn't feel turbocharged, they feel like regular players. I don't know why. If we compare them against Huracán, who were tough when we played them at home, we notice that those two teams have the same OVR:

http://www.pesmaster.com/argentine-league/pes-2017/league/22/

This has to be a team spirit thing, right?

Anyway, with the CPU taking it a bit more easy, we do the same thing. Biiig mistake. First CPU goal is a result of a horrible defensive error: we basically let an attacker walk into the box by clearing the path for him. It isn't in the highlight reel because it doesn't need any additional publicity. Jeez.

So we notice that this isn't going to be a walk in the park, and we spice up our game. Our star player to be AMF Gallarjo draws three opposition players close to him, thus opening up space on the wing. The pass makes it to the winger with a bit of luck - we need all the universe can afford. Winger sprints forward, notices players making runs into the box. Cross, tap in by LMF Freire from the back post. Gooool, and one with some punch too.

Next we screw up again in defense, taking it easy once more, and allowing the opposition CF to steal the ball from our CB, who was just strolling around with it. Dear lord. Not in the highlight reel for obvious reasons.

We are getting a bit frustrated with ourselves, and start taking it out on Vélez by pushing on. CM Mansilla gets a chance: steals the ball and speeds up forward. Are they going to catch him? Just before that happens, he shoots, having already decided to keep the shot low. Follow up to rebound and gooooool. Yes!

We have another chance right after that to make it 2-3, but no dice. The very end we take easy to secure the away point.

This match was certainly winnable, but we lost the defensive killer attitude. Final shots 7-9 in our favor. We are so happy after having scored some goals!

Will be reading other new reports next.

Last edited:
Yeah I know,sometimes you know from the start,it's a lost cause,probably the first game so far I felt my players were totally off.
I'll take it,scripting is much more subtle than on 16.
Need to win my remaining home games,and grind out a point vs Roma
It's been a great first season (not counting my first attempts) for me
Still magic this game,bet you had fun vs Chievo
Were you at in the table mate?

I dropped down to seventh but keep hovering around 4th and 7th ... a bit unrealistic because the gap between 2nd and third is 15 points all the time and only 2 go up. The main thing is I'm really enjoying it .. . hope to make a surge to the play off places.

The Benevento Connection: From South America... On Loan

So Williams Jones first season wasn't great - a bitterly disappointing 21st place finish in the 22 team Italian Serie B. Even the clobbering of the local mafia syndicate (Cifano is still missing) couldn't offer much in the way of joy for "Black Belt", though watching Archie getting very well acquainted with classic 60's & 70's New Orleans funk & soul did raise a smile. Still no word from Langley on the Lee Dorsey.

In spite of a fairly disastrous first season the locals had taken to Jones, with some of his first team players developing a strong bond with him into the bargain. The clubs owners knew they simply had to retain the man from San Fran, and a new contract was offered pretty much after the last ball was kicked in his first season.

It was time to further improve the squad and for Jones to make his mark in Italian football. Such was his desire he rejected the Jordan, Greece and England (wtf?) national team mangerial positions offered to him to help try make that so. Vicenza, along with Brentford from the English Championship, approached Jones for his services but they were both laughed off and dismissed. No, Benevento was the place to be.

The close season was productive in the transfer market, yet Jones was wise with his deals. There was actually a fairly healthy kitty at his disposal; 10m in transfer funds and just under 10m in player wages also available. Most of the new recruits were loan signings with options to buy:

Simone Sorrentino (ITA): Although Melikov was a reliable keeper, Jones needed to consider the future of both Benevento and the well-being of Italian football; Donarrumma will need competition. Sorrentino could be the answer for both Benevento and Italy and was signed from the youth team. Archie reckons he could easily be the next Alan Rough. You can take the man out of Maryhill, but you can't take Maryhill out of the man it seems.

Franck Kessie (CIV): Defensive midfielder by trade, but capable of the box-to-box style Jones likes in his ranks. Can fill any midfield role with the exception of AMF and can deputise in CB if needs must. A perfect replacement for the soon to depart Franck-Yves Bambock. Will certainly make sure there is a Franck in the team if nothing else. The Ivorian is nn loan with option-to-buy from Atalanta BC.

Nacho Monsalve (ESP): 23 year-old CB signed on a free. Released by Club Atletico de Madrid at the end of the 15/16 season, and now Deportivo de La Coruña B. Archie says it was wise to grab him as he has a "real face" The Spaniard is running out of options at professional level, but should prove useful back-up to the current first team CB trio.

Martin Elric (HRV): 19 year-old giant of a CB signed on loan with option-to-buy from U.S. Sassuolo Calcio. The Croatian has made the right side of the CB trio his own immediately, helped somewhat with the also Sassuolo loanee Ferrini occupying the left hand side. His arrival makes the average age of the central defensive trio just over 19 years old, with Milillo placed between the two Sassuolo youth prospects the oldest at 20.

Sadiq Umar (NIG): Gangly centre forward signed on loan from Bologna. It takes a lot to shift the currently on-loan Everton Kempes dos Santos Gonçalves aka Kempes from the CF role, but Umar has done exactly that. Although Jones has a soft spot for Kempes, especially his afro, the 34 year-old was showing signs of age towards the end of last season. The 20 year-old Nigerian is an injection of youthful competiton. It won't only be Kempes has to fend off for a starting place this season, but he has settled quickly.

Luis Advíncula (PER): The first of Jones' coups when he instructed Archie to scout the South American market during the summer. The 27 year-old Peruvian utility man can play *takes deep breath* RB, LB, RM, LM, AMF, SS, LWF, RWF. When Jones read Archie's dossier it simply said: "Speeding Bullet"

Maximiliano Lovera (ARG): 18 year-old Lovera has signed on for a one year loan spell from CA Rosaria Central. Option to buy is in place, naturally. Jones wants competiton up top, and he now has it. But it doesn't end there...

Lucas Albertengo (ARG): Jones was amazed that Archie had managed to get the 26 year-old CA Independiente man to consider a loan move with option to buy, never mind his club. Left-footed Albertengo is a supporting striker by nature, but can also play CF. He leaves his parent club as a "Leader" and Jones hopes he can help lead Benevento to Serie A and maybe even a decent cup run this season. Albertengo comes with desirable skills; long range drive; first-time shot; heading. To go along with his apparent leadership he boasts Fighting Spirit.

Good old Archie indeed!

Before all these deals were finalised the season was about to get underway. First up was a trip up to the Veneto region and match with Ascoli Picchio FC. Although confident in the main, Jones couldn't help but feel a bit nervous. Last season was a disaster, and a trip away up to the north west coast on the first day of the season wasn't an ideal way to get the ball rolling on what he was determined to be a successful season.

After only 10 minutes of the new season it just felt like last season. 1-0 Ascoli.

Jones had seen this all too often last term; early goals conceded away from home and his team either getting picked off and the defecit rising, or his team putting in a brave but literally pointless performance. The team were improving but this was a test that they could have done without so quickly into the new season. Immediately after the goal was conceded, Jones could see Archie calling over left-back Mattiello and whisper in his ear.

When Archie returned to the dug-out to sit by his side, Jones asked what he said to his full-back, one of the teams stars of last season:

"I told him that boy that plays for their lot, Almici, said that he runs like a cissy"

Jones was perplexed bby Archie's motivational tactics. Maybe this wasn't the time to be winding the lad up.

The match restarts and Jones gets ready for 80 minutes of frustration.

Castledine, somewhat of an enigma but loved by both support and teammates, finds himself with some space right in the centre of the pitch and plays it along the ground to Kempes. Kempes gathers with his back to goal and sees Mattiello bombing forward to his right. He feeds it to the offensive-minded full-back...

Mattiello takes the pass in his stride and heads toward the penalty area. He is in isolation with Almici...

Mattiello faces the Ascoli man up then skips past the first challenge and heads into the top left corner of the penalty area...

1-1

Jones slowly turns to his right-hand man Archie. Archie was already looking at Jones, smilling:

"I did say to the lad that Almici boy said he runs like a cissy, but I also told him to Groove the Touchline, not Hug it, dig?"

Good old Archie.

The next 75mins were unenventful, but Jones couldn't have been happier come the final whistle. Jones was in fact laughing 15 minutes later, due Archie's choice of theme music used in the changing room to celebrate this victory of sorts...

To be continued... maybe, with "The Benevento Connection: The Prince Of Parga"
Classic. :TU:

Been testing a lot and having little fun. Pro level, Top player, back to Pro... Pro level is not as easy as it may seem. I couldn´t score so I knew the problem was not the dificulty, but myself! Back to Top Player and focused on trying passes, short, long, through, everything. Had some matches in these tests, mostly draws, but i won´t botter to tell the full story here because I was worrying about my ability, and wasn´t focusing on the master league itself.

This morning, back to story mode now... I´m currently 13th :CONFUSE:. Team is a bit better now but creating chances is quite stressfull.
First match against Wolves, rival team. Lost the first away, this time home. Played better on defense and could actually give problems to the Wolves´s fast wingers, but they still tried and made some dangerous shots. Things were going fine until a bad mistake gave away a goal to Wolves. Ended 0-1 in a tight match, despite the opponent having more shots.

QPR 0-1 Wolves

Next, home against Sheffield. Played quite well, kept posession around their box, and made all sorts of passes. But again, errors on the defence and a sense of oportunity let this one got away too... 1-2 fnal result, with a feeling of frustration on our heads... another defeat! We gave our best since the 2nd goal, but something kept the ball away from goal on all the attempts... Zoua was huge but could only score once...

QPR 1-2 Sheffield

Last edited:
Ok, next match, Reading away. The could be a chance to get back on good results... or maybe not. Reading started better on the attempts... more shots, and more agressive play, causing some fouls. We were focused in winning the match, and forgot about defense. Easy through pass and 1-0 to Reading. After that, Reading ketp going and had a couple good chances, but no goal. We woke up and in a short time period, Zoua and Sandro showed their skill, testing both the post and the keeper. Reading was still agressive and earned a straight red card after a bad foul from Gravenberch. Free kicks are usually a golden chance for Chery, but no this time. Another loss...

Reading 1-0 QPR

Next, home vs Preston North. Worst team performer on the Championship, but our morale was so lower we couldn´t hope anymore for a good match. Opponents commited themselves from the beginning, and created some chances, but a beatifull team display with first time passes and a loose ball in front of N'Gbakoto gave us the precious goal. 1-0. Lobato and E. Mor were finding themselves capable of beatifull things, and the price was there. Nice play between the two forwards, 2-0 from Lobato. First time ever we had this advantage in a match. PNE got a bit nervous and commited fouls all over the pitch. No one got hurt and the match ended 2-0. Finally a victory!!!

QPR 2-0 Preston North End

Next, away vs Norwich, the league leaders. Strong team, but we were motivated so we knew we had our chances. Too bad most of the team got a bad form moment and I had to use other players. Washington was one of them and despite he isn´t used very often, he did well.
Norwich was starting well, creating opportunities, but Washington had the best one. Great header after a tense cross, GK makes an impossible save! Why? WHYYYY? Next, Wszolek won a boucing ball on the box, and in a tight angle tried his luck... Good chance but no goal. Next, a few good passes, great pass to Sandro at the edge of the box, shoots strong but wide.
Then Norwich, had one of those weak attempts to dribble in my box, confusion on the defence, ball bouncing, apparently innofensive, but Naismith gets to it and puts it in... an offer really. Team got destroyed with the bad luck, and didn´t do much after. 0-1, tough luck here, we played quite well and diserved better.

Norwich 1-0 QPR

Last edited:
I dropped down to seventh but keep hovering around 4th and 7th ... a bit unrealistic because the gap between 2nd and third is 15 points all the time and only 2 go up. The main thing is I'm really enjoying it .. . hope to make a surge to the play off places.
Fingers crossed mate.
I'm watching Swedens u21 playing vs Croatia right now,one of my boys is getting some action,Pasalic.
Wished that that Konami would have it sorted when it comes to players in/out on loan.
According to wiki,I should have a ton out on loan

Last edited:
Since I edit a lot of videos on my PC using GoPro,mainly diving,skating etc,I haven't really cared about Xbox editing,but spend a few hours learning my upload studio,and also learning how in game recording works.
Kinda impressed of its quality.
Expect videos later lads,got both the Swedish u21 and first team playing QF,but after that I'd probably record tons of clips from my Roma game.
How does your ps4 work?
Any good editing tools on it

How does your ps4 work?
Any good editing tools on it
It's got ShareFactory (SF) for editing. Works fine for me.

I am particularly fond of the possibility to save last 1 min clip. Then it's real quick to paste them together in SF. Rather spend time writing here (and reading) than editing vids.

I´m on Xbox too but because of time issues, I can´t afford to edit all the clips I make. Instead I go to xboxclips.com and in my gamertag page, I have all the clips I record automatically uploaded. Just have to share the link. They´re not edited though, so people here have to skip the first minutes to get to the highlights...

I´m on Xbox too but because of time issues, I can´t afford to edit all the clips I make. Instead I go to xboxclips.com and in my gamertag page, I have all the clips I record automatically uploaded. Just have to share the link. They´re not edited though, so people here have to skip the first minutes to get to the highlights...
Thats a good tip mate,found upload studio,if you name your clips before edit them be very good.
Especially putting spaces between clips being good.
But I'll check my gamer tag page too
Thanx

I am particularly fond of the possibility to save last 1 min clip. Then it's real quick to paste them together in SF. Rather spend time writing here (and reading) than editing vids.
Yeah,I use a 30 second setting,but can track back 5 min if needed.
But I think,for me the 30 sec option is great.
Just have to be smart and let a few seconds go by after start recording,otherwise the clips gets out of rhythm when pasting them
Me to,but it's good to have an option with pictures to the story

James I'm relatively new to the ps4. . . . how do you paste clips together?

Don't know if this question been asked before...If so, excuse me.

I started ML offline and noticed that there is no way to move money between budgets.
I really don't like this feature at all.

Because I have to buy and sell my entire team each season... this is way too much a managing-footie right know.
I need to sell my favorite player(s) cause I can't pay their salary anymore....while I've got £350 million in transfer budget.

You can have £350 million in transfer budget and an annual salary of £50 million, and still can't buy a player, cause you're £10 short in the end.
I think there should be a bit of flexibility in there or an option to revert back to the old style.

I would like to know how you guys deal with this new feature.
How many contract players in total do you've got?
And how many on a loan-contract?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Don't know if this question been asked before...If so, excuse me.

I started ML offline and noticed that there is no way to move money between budgets.
I really don't like this feature at all.

Because I have to buy and sell my entire team each season... this is way too much a managing-footie right know.
I need to sell my favorite player(s) cause I can't pay their salary anymore....while I've got £350 million in transfer budget.

You can have £350 million in transfer budget and an annual salary of £50 million, and still can't buy a player, cause you're £10 short in the end.
I think there should be a bit of flexibility in there or an option to revert back to the old style.

I would like to know how you guys deal with this new feature.
How many contract players in total do you've got?
And how many on a loan-contract?

Thanks in advance!
Yeah agree on the flexibility.
But to be able to get a better salary situation,you need to sell players etc.
No restitution on loans I think
32 players on contract.
Keep a high paid first 11, 12-15 reserves with good quality,and you'll be fine.
I like it,otherwise I would have 32 superstars,and that would be kinda boring
But yeah,an option for it would be good

Master League Chapter 8: D2 Season 3 Finale
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
Team: Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players (2014-15 OF)
Difficulty: 6 stars (15min match time)

D2 Cup Round 2 (1st leg home)
Vs West Ham (1-1)
Its snowing! not good news, i struggle to see the ball in the snow, and my slow team is rendered even more useless but ok lets give it a go its 2 legs after all.
I start the 2 big men upfront but they fail to have any impact at all, I cannot build anything n the final 3rd. WestHam score on the counter after a big mistake where I try to activate the offside trap manually and it fails in the worst way possible and I compound the mistake by bringing out the keeper too soon into no man's land.
Really deserved to go down in the score board.
I immediately make personel changes even if its not even half time yet.
Move Fetfatzidis up to SS and Swift comes off (he is loosing his place in the team)

Immediate result! at 32 mins im already level 1-1 with a cross from the left wing for a simple header from Chris Wood.
I put on the pressure the whole 2nd half, including 2 disallowed goals for off side.
But cant break the tie. The 2nd leg is going to be interesting!

Meanwhile we are going back to league games.
I've been so focused on taking it game by game that I'm almost shocked when I look at the table and see that I'm in 3rd place in the league (1 pt behind 2nd).
Can we dream of fighting for promotion this season?
Well if I keep defending well we have a chance!

Season team stats so far:
3W 5D 1L 8GS 6GC (I have the 2nd worst attack but the best defence by far)
Finances: 7,197 of 9,670 pts

League game Vs QPR (2-1 loss)
I start well with a penalty in my favour in the first 10 minutes.
But they quickly equalize.
I try to go after the result but end up suffering another painful defeat.

League game Vs Brighton (0-0)
Against the bottom team in the league I don't manage to create anything at all.
Balanced boring game.

The last 2 results make me drop to 5th in the league but still only 4 pts from 2nd place.
But the 3 league games of the season that are left have me playing agains 3 clubs that are above me, so everything is still possible...
...maybe even a surprise promotion to D1 =)

D2 Cup Round 2 (2nd leg away)
Vs West Ham (2-1 agg loss)
Needing an away win to go through to the next cup round I lose the game 1-0 and I'm knocked out of the Cup again by West Ham, this is turning into a serious rivalry. I love when the Master League throws up stuff like this. I will be extra motivated next time I play them.

League game Vs West Brom (3-0win)
They are the league leaders and beat me in the last time we met.
Their formation has a lot of width so I adapt a little bit by making my SBs more conservative on the attack and make my SMFs cover the flanks better.

At 7 mins I immediately put together a nice passing move and win a penalty that I convert.
C. Wood won the penalty but is injured in the process...
but his replacement Turner comes in to score the 2nd at 23 mins with a scuffed shot into the ground =) I love this game!
Now i can drop the attack level and wait to counter.
With West Brom desperate to come back into the game space starts opening up.
Its one of those games where everything just clicks into place.
I start passing with a calm flow to it, always finding the free man.
After creating a couple of chances that I miss, i finally seal the game with the 3rd goal - a near post glancing header into the far corner of the net. Brilliant goal.
My biggest win in this ML yet.

I'm now in 4th place 3 pts from promotion and I made West Brom drop the lead to QPR.
The problem now is that next game is Vs Leicester and they are below me now.
Its gona be tricky to reach 2nd place unless QPR or West Brom slip.

Vs Leicester (1-0 win)
Wood is still injured so I play Turner instead (he's crap)
Leicester play with realy open wingers, so again I replicate my tactic that I used vs West Brom so effectively.
It starts to pay off as they are left unprotected and I play the high ball to the space behind their SBs causing panic with crosses into the box multiple times untill at 11 mins Turner scores a great header! go figure =)

After a while my RMF takes a knock and has to come off injured. Seems like we are going to go through another injury crisis like in season 1.

Leicester push everything they got into attack and really put me under pressure. All sorts of goal mouth scrambles happen, deflected shots hit the post, etc but I emerge the winner by the scurf of the neck =)

Everything is going to be decided on the final match of the season!
The top 3 looks like this:
1) WestBrom 24pts
2) QPR 22pts
3) Southampton 21pts

My finances could even be settled if I manage to win the last game (9297 of 9670pts)
But promotion is dependant on a slip from one of the top 2.
Exciting finale!

Final league game Vs Cardiff (2-1 win)
Its raining, but I come into the game really dominant.
Score 2 beautiful goals. One of them a penalty but the build up that resulted in it was amazing. Its minute 33 cant wait for half time to check the other scores.
I'm so focused that I forget to check the scores at half time.
So it's going to be suspense until the final whistle.
If the ref blows and my players start going berserk with celebrations I'll know I was promoted.
I play really patiently trying to keep the ball as much as possible.
My players as exausted and I concede the 1-2 in stopage time.
Cmon lets hold this only a couple of minutes to go! OMG im shitting myself.
I pass the ball around my defenders until the final whistle.
My players do not celebrate the win efusively and I wonder if I got 2nd place or not.

I didn't...

Both West Brom and QPR win their matches and I miss promotion by a single point.
Well at least there is the consolation of a few thousand points bonuses for individual awards and overall team placement.
This means I'll definitely finally be able to splash out on at least one good CF and mount a definitive challenge for the top 2 next season.

Season Stats:
Best Player of the League: My GK!
League Top Scorer: Fetfatzidis is joint top scorer with 7 goals!
D2 Cup Top Scorer: Fetfatzidis is joint top scorer with 3 goals!

24pts 6W, 6D, 2L GS 15, GC 9 (the best defense in the league, but only the 2nd worst attack)

Finances (before friendlies)
14,737 of 9,670pts!

All the end of season bonuses left me in a really good financial situation.
If I can squeeze a few more thousands from the 8 friendlies we should eb able to grab at least a couple of great signings (providing anyone is willing to sign for us)

Time for the friendlies and Negotiations.

Hope you enjoyed this epic season. I had lots of fun.

Next chapter: D2 Season 4 The attack on D1 promotion

Master League Chapter 8: D2 Season 3 Finale
Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
Team: Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players (2014-15 OF)
Difficulty: 6 stars (15min match time)

D2 Cup Round 2 (1st leg home)
Vs West Ham (1-1)
Its snowing! not good news, i struggle to see the ball in the snow, and my slow team is rendered even more useless but ok lets give it a go its 2 legs after all.
I start the 2 big men upfront but they fail to have any impact at all, I cannot build anything n the final 3rd. WestHam score on the counter after a big mistake where I try to activate the offside trap manually and it fails in the worst way possible and I compound the mistake by bringing out the keeper too soon into no man's land.
Really deserved to go down in the score board.
I immediately make personel changes even if its not even half time yet.
Move Fetfatzidis up to SS and Swift comes off (he is loosing his place in the team)

Immediate result! at 32 mins im already level 1-1 with a cross from the left wing for a simple header from Chris Wood.
I put on the pressure the whole 2nd half, including 2 disallowed goals for off side.
But cant break the tie. The 2nd leg is going to be interesting!

Meanwhile we are going back to league games.
I've been so focused on taking it game by game that I'm almost shocked when I look at the table and see that I'm in 3rd place in the league (1 pt behind 2nd).
Can we dream of fighting for promotion this season?
Well if I keep defending well we have a chance!

Season team stats so far:
3W 5D 1L 8GS 6GC (I have the 2nd worst attack but the best defence by far)
Finances: 7,197 of 9,670 pts

League game Vs QPR (2-1 loss)
I start well with a penalty in my favour in the first 10 minutes.
But they quickly equalize.
I try to go after the result but end up suffering another painful defeat.

League game Vs Brighton (0-0)
Against the bottom team in the league I don't manage to create anything at all.
Balanced boring game.

The last 2 results make me drop to 5th in the league but still only 4 pts from 2nd place.
But the 3 league games of the season that are left have me playing agains 3 clubs that are above me, so everything is still possible...
...maybe even a surprise promotion to D1 =)

D2 Cup Round 2 (2nd leg away)
Vs West Ham (2-1 agg loss)
Needing an away win to go through to the next cup round I lose the game 1-0 and I'm knocked out of the Cup again by West Ham, this is turning into a serious rivalry. I love when the Master League throws up stuff like this. I will be extra motivated next time I play them.

League game Vs West Brom (3-0win)
They are the league leaders and beat me in the last time we met.
Their formation has a lot of width so I adapt a little bit by making my SBs more conservative on the attack and make my SMFs cover the flanks better.

At 7 mins I immediately put together a nice passing move and win a penalty that I convert.
C. Wood won the penalty but is injured in the process...
but his replacement Turner comes in to score the 2nd at 23 mins with a scuffed shot into the ground =) I love this game!
Now i can drop the attack level and wait to counter.
With West Brom desperate to come back into the game space starts opening up.
Its one of those games where everything just clicks into place.
I start passing with a calm flow to it, always finding the free man.
After creating a couple of chances that I miss, i finally seal the game with the 3rd goal - a near post glancing header into the far corner of the net. Brilliant goal.
My biggest win in this ML yet.

I'm now in 4th place 3 pts from promotion and I made West Brom drop the lead to QPR.
The problem now is that next game is Vs Leicester and they are below me now.
Its gona be tricky to reach 2nd place unless QPR or West Brom slip.

Vs Leicester (1-0 win)
Wood is still injured so I play Turner instead (he's crap)
Leicester play with realy open wingers, so again I replicate my tactic that I used vs West Brom so effectively.
It starts to pay off as they are left unprotected and I play the high ball to the space behind their SBs causing panic with crosses into the box multiple times untill at 11 mins Turner scores a great header! go figure =)

After a while my RMF takes a knock and has to come off injured. Seems like we are going to go through another injury crisis like in season 1.

Leicester push everything they got into attack and really put me under pressure. All sorts of goal mouth scrambles happen, deflected shots hit the post, etc but I emerge the winner by the scurf of the neck =)

Everything is going to be decided on the final match of the season!
The top 3 looks like this:
1) WestBrom 24pts
2) QPR 22pts
3) Southampton 21pts

My finances could even be settled if I manage to win the last game (9297 of 9670pts)
But promotion is dependant on a slip from one of the top 2.
Exciting finale!

Final league game Vs Cardiff (2-1 win)
Its raining, but I come into the game really dominant.
Score 2 beautiful goals. One of them a penalty but the build up that resulted in it was amazing. Its minute 33 cant wait for half time to check the other scores.
I'm so focused that I forget to check the scores at half time.
So it's going to be suspense until the final whistle.
If the ref blows and my players start going berserk with celebrations I'll know I was promoted.
I play really patiently trying to keep the ball as much as possible.
My players as exausted and I concede the 1-2 in stopage time.
Cmon lets hold this only a couple of minutes to go! OMG im shitting myself.
I pass the ball around my defenders until the final whistle.
My players do not celebrate the win efusively and I wonder if I got 2nd place or not.

I didn't...

Both West Brom and QPR win their matches and I miss promotion by a single point.
Well at least there is the consolation of a few thousand points bonuses for individual awards and overall team placement.
This means I'll definitely finally be able to splash out on at least one good CF and mount a definitive challenge for the top 2 next season.

Season Stats:
Best Player of the League: My GK!
League Top Scorer: Fetfatzidis is joint top scorer with 7 goals!
D2 Cup Top Scorer: Fetfatzidis is joint top scorer with 3 goals!

24pts 6W, 6D, 2L GS 15, GC 9 (the best defense in the league, but only the 2nd worst attack)

Finances (before friendlies)
14,737 of 9,670pts!

All the end of season bonuses left me in a really good financial situation.
If I can squeeze a few more thousands from the 8 friendlies we should eb able to grab at least a couple of great signings (providing anyone is willing to sign for us)

Time for the friendlies and Negotiations.

Hope you enjoyed this epic season. I had lots of fun.

Next chapter: D2 Season 4 The attack on D1 promotion
One point...
That's heartbreaking mate.
Wish the best for next season,hope you take the step up

Grande Grinta....Grande Caristico!

So after being humiliated by Sassuolu in my last game with a 3-0 defeat,I now move in to the final games of my first season.

First up is a three game series vs one of my fiercest rivals,AS Roma
Game one is the EL semifinal in Rome.
This game I just had one though,one goal,keeping a clean sheet.
I played very defensively,10 men keeping a nice tight defensive line,not pretty,but effective.
Had a single striker up front chasing long balls all game long.
A hard fought battle ended 0-0.
Very pleased with that result.

Second game,also at the Olimpico in Rome,The 36th round of the Serie vs As Roma.
I needed a draw,to keep the wolves away,being just one point clear from the 5th position,I really want my Champions league spot for next year.

My boys will go home as legends after this game,kids will be baptised in honour of this team.
I totally demolished Roma.
I had to check afterward if I'd made an error and switched from TP to P.
But no,fair and square,got the win.
Here's a massive coverage of it

To bad the other results didn't go my way
Napoli drew,and Torino won,so I'm still in 3rd with 70p,Torino also 70p,and Napoli in 5th on 69.

Tomorrow I'll take on Roma again in the EL semi.

Yeah agree on the flexibility.
But to be able to get a better salary situation,you need to sell players etc.
No restitution on loans I think
32 players on contract.
Keep a high paid first 11, 12-15 reserves with good quality,and you'll be fine.
I like it,otherwise I would have 32 superstars,and that would be kinda boring
But yeah,an option for it would be good

Thank you vm!
What's your definition of 'high paid' (just to be sure)? I had 3 players with a £10 million contract..

Also, do you've got any idea how much, the maximum amount of wage can be earned?
Please don't tell me I need to count it myself... ;)

Last edited:
Thank you vm!
What's your definition of 'high paid' (just to be sure)? I had 3 players with a £10 million contract..

Also, do you've got any idea the maximum amount of wage can be earned?
Please don't tell me I need to count it myself... ;)
In this game,£10 mill is high paid.
If you keep a squad of around 23-24,I guess you can have quite a few high paid.
Guess this is Konamis version of financial fair play:)

Back
Top Bottom