The Master League adventures thread

Im currently coming up with a system that kinda represents the Eganche role.... static player maker almost Riquleme or Totti esque.

My Bielsa tactic seems ok but im thinking of using a 4312 and instead of having strikers have wingers and the amf becomes my focal point?!

What you're describing there is the successor to Bielsa at Chile, Sampaoli! When he played with Valdivia in the side he would be an offensive pivot and create from the 10 space whilst Sanchez & Vargas acted as very wide strikers. They would commonly line up in a 3412 or 4312.

Although, as I'm writing this I realise that is almost definitely your intention :LOL:

Hate it when your finishing lets you down.
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen

Petagna livened up a boring game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A dubious penalty awarded to us in a tough match.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Hate it when your finishing lets you down.

Petagna livened up a boring game.

A dubious penalty awarded to us in a tough match.

Cracking overhead kick
Haven't had a penalty all season

Cracking overhead kick
Haven't had a penalty all season

I'm not mad about those fancy overheads . . .. that's my second peno in about 5 matches Rock . . .didn't get any before that at all. I had to psyche the keeper out in that one . .love putting them the wrong way ha ha.

I'm not mad about those fancy overheads . . .. that's my second peno in about 5 matches Rock . . .didn't get any before that at all. I had to psyche the keeper out in that one . .love putting them the wrong way ha ha.
My very first attempt at ML this season,I had two pens in two games.
Problem?
Didn't have a clue how to take em:)
Missed both,went back to the training ground,but haven't had one since then,and no one in 16 either.

Dont think you can get sacked,you couldnt on 16 either
Im sure on 15 at the end of the season I was told i didnt have a new contract and had to choose another team. I mean its not a mid-season sacking etc, but it definitely made me change teams. I did get AC Milan relegated though :D

Im sure on 15 at the end of the season I was told i didnt have a new contract and had to choose another team. I mean its not a mid-season sacking etc, but it definitely made me change teams. I did get AC Milan relegated though :D
Ha ha,got sacked from Torino my first season
But that game had a rating system,if you went below it,I think 20% you got sacked

Problem?
Missed both,went back to the training ground,but haven't had one since then,and no one in 16 either.

Ha ha ha .. typical . . . .I don't think there were any penos in 2016.

I'm up to 6th in the league . .hovering between 5th an 6th all the time but 11 points behind 2nd place which is a big gap. . .. and there I was thinking I was too good for Professional ha ha . . .one team gave me a right going over and that was Pisa . . .beat me 3-0 and that forward Cani ran amok .. .couldn't stop him.. . Having a great time playing it.

Last edited:
I think,if things go well,I'll probably finish my season later on,at latest tomorrow
Right now there's a fire sale on my non used players
I hardly did any transfers first season,three players in,1-2 out,and 5-6 on loan.
So I have a solid budget for next season,don't you hate no I'd be so active if I'd stayed on proffesional,but decided to go TP next s salon aswell,o good players in crucial.

Sane is one player I'm dealing with,and one LB and a CB.
That's pretty much what's coming in,three-four out,a few out on loan.
Building around my youngsters,nowhere ready yet though.
Need a third keeper aswell.
My plan is having a squad around 25-27 players,and having three-four out on loan

Ha ha ha .. typical . . . .I don't there were any penos in 2016.

I'm up to 6th in the league . .hovering between 5th an 6th all the time but 11 points behind 2nd place which is a big gap. . .. and there I was thinking I was too good for Professional ha ha . . .one team gave me a right going over and that was Pisa . . .beat me 3-0 and that forward Cani ran amok .. .couldn't stop him.. . Having a great time playing it.
It's probably the best level,loved it.
Hopefully you'll snatch a playoffs spot
I'm sticking to TP,my team is very sharp atm,but I guess a few games will be played on proffesional aswell
If I start over,with a crap team,proffesional is the way to go

I think,if things go well,I'll probably finish my season later on,at latest tomorrow
Right now there's a fire sale on my non used players
I hardly did any transfers first season,three players in,1-2 out,and 5-6 on loan.
So I have a solid budget for next season,don't you hate no I'd be so active if I'd stayed on proffesional,but decided to go TP next s salon aswell,o good players in crucial.

Sane is one player I'm dealing with,and one LB and a CB.
That's pretty much what's coming in,three-four out,a few out on loan.
Building around my youngsters,nowhere ready yet though.
Need a third keeper aswell.
My plan is having a squad around 25-27 players,and having three-four out on loan

Fire sale? lol I only bought 3 players in my first season. . . but I've managed to bring in 6 or 7 this season and get rid 6 or 7 just players who are developing.

Fire sale? lol I only bought 3 players in my first season. . . but I've managed to bring in 6 or 7 this season and get rid 6 or 7 just players who are developing.
I have three-four players,good players,but having a 32 man squad,they haven't been used.
Didn't do much transfers first season,think I have 6-7 CMF,so need to balance my squad

The Benevento Connection (Prequel to Enter the Dragon)

Serie B Matchday 27: AS Citadella v. Benevento Calcio

Williams Jones was a calm looking figure ahead of this clash. He was the only one associated with Benevento Calcio, be it players, staff, or support who could do so. He had to. But then cool comes naturally to "Black Belt"

The team were languishing in 21st place ahead of this encounter, though they were currently on an unbeaten run of four games which would have been four victories, had it not been for a late equaliser by visitors Carpi in their last home match.

Recent good form aside, the team were in the position they were deservedly. An absolutely shocking first half of the season, though the mafia syndicate operating close by the Stadio Ciro Vigorito seemingly vanished into thin air overnight in late December. Nobody has seen nor heard from the syndicate's boss, Cifano (Kai-fano) since. A personal victory for Jones in amongst the clubs turmoil? If so, his superiors in Langley haven't wired through their congratulations on a job well done, or sent over the ultra-rare vinyl of Lee Dorsey's Everything I Do Gonh Be Funky which he insists will help team morale; mix the tempo up a bit; Archibald & The Drills can't rely on Billy Preston's Outa Space ALL the time as the theme music to those intense Offensive Full-Back sessions for local boy, club captain and rising star, Luca Giorza.

The winter transfer window was kind. Seven of the starting eleven were now Italian. Giorza and first My Favourite Player inductee Milillo, now had Ferrini along with Mattiello joining them in defence. In midfield, a slowly improving Abelli in DMF was blessed with Pellini in the other DMF role and the energetic Cozzari in CMF. All frees, with the exception of Ferrini who was snatched on loan from Serie A's Sassuolo.

Elsewhere the squad was bolstered by the arrival on loan of two Brazilians recommended to him by Archie. CF Kempes and LMF Cavalcante. Jones was ready to give the transfers the go ahead on their names alone - then he saw them. Not play, but when he saw their profile pictures. Both had Afro's. Archibald was on the same wavelength as Jones. His Scottish first team coach, a man who played his entire career as a baldy, and who's current hair situation was more suited to a French player in the Ligue 2 whom Konami didn't put in effort into was, in fact, Jones' best signing. Archi-bald by name, but his appreciation for quality hair-game had been unearthed by Jones. Things were clicking into gear.

Alas, it wasn't all sweet when it came to Italian personnel. Diego Fuselli (edited Neillander, or whatever his name is) was sold to some French Ligue 2 team nobody cares about. Rumours were that an Eredivisie side were sniffing around and Fuselli was keen on that move, but Jones wanted to teach him lesson. Although not an Italian himself, Jones was falling for the country and Fuselli appearing as an Englishman in spite of edits-I mean talks, was second only to Kung-Fu treachery in the opinion of Jones when it came to ultimate wrong-doing. His constant hogging of the news feed images likely made the decision easier. To be fair to Fuselli, his constant presence on the news feed wasn't nearly as annoying as that of Eric Canning. Canning was the defacto leader of the squad, and a tidy player in his own right, but Jones was sick of Vasilj always talking about him being an inspiration. Jones was concerned that dropping the likeable Scotsman would unsettle the squad, and maybe even upset Archie, but Archie again showed his commitment to his boss by refusing to question him, even speaking up in Jones' defence at the decision. Good old Archie.

AS Citadella were in 19th place and 4 points better off than the Benevento Boys heading into the match. It was probably the biggest test of character for the new look squad thus far, even if it were to be played in front of a half-empty Stadio Pier Cesare Tombolato.

A game of little in the way of great goals, but an important one. A game in which a goal saving block from Giorza, followed later by an immense sliding tackle by Ferrini, suggested that while the spooks in Virginia hadn't come good with the Lee Dorsey, these two young Italians were already hearing Everything I do Gonh Be Funky...

The next day Jones headed to the Stadio Ciro Vigorito; to Archie's office in particular.

That music... something he hadn't heard since...

He asks Archie what he is listening to:

"Och, just some stuff on Soundcloud I came across. Pretty good, no?"

https://soundcloud.com/andreas-r-hl-1/us-1979-the-tattoo-connection-black-belt-jones-2

Good old Archie.

To be continued... maybe.
Always fucking mixing Lee Dorsey up with Lee Dorrian of Napalm Death,not really the same thing

Scrolled through my YT channel and found a clip from my first season.
A scrappy affair between Milan and Fiorentina,ended 1-1.
What stood out is the pass to Baccas 1-1 goal,a rabona pass from Fernandez
Actually just discovered it,that and the diving Kalinic,who got a yellow card for it yesterday
So brilliant

Scrolled through my YT channel and found a clip from my first season.
A scrappy affair between Milan and Fiorentina,ended 1-1.
What stood out is the pass to Baccas 1-1 goal,a rabona pass from Fernandez
Actually just discovered it,that and the diving Kalinic,who got a yellow card for it yesterday
So brilliant

Great goal . .is Fernandez with Milan now? He was my favourite player in Pes the last few editions.

I have three-four players,good players,but having a 32 man squad,they haven't been used.
Didn't do much transfers first season,think I have 6-7 CMF,so need to balance my squad

I have only one player recommendation: Arda Turan! One of my favourite players and have played with him extensively using Barca to practice my manual skills and he's dynamite in-game. Can turn on a six-pence and is always popping up in goal scoring positions. He'd be a fantastic signing - if you can afford him that is.

i started a new ML as im still messing around with the game (and waiting for the stadium edit patch) i was getting a bit frustrated with how easy it was to dominate possession in the majority of games so started editing teams tactics with some help from operation sports forum and my own research and it has improved things a lot for me

3 games in won 1 drew 1 lost 1 possession in the 3 games to me was 60% ,47% and 51% .The game against Brescia was one of the best I have ever played in a football game they went 2-0 up after 30 minutes dominating possession for most of the half especially the center of the pitch due to their new tactics so i had to do something I took off a center forward and packed 5 in midfield to get hold of the ball and it changed things straight away i scored to make it 2-1 right on half time

2nd half i really went for it they still had chances and possession was even still. Around the 80th minute they went all out defence i just couldnt get that final ball to score and i lost 2-1 but it was brilliant I highly recommend anyone who has time to look into changing the AI tactics and fluid formations

on another note i have learned to dribble a lot better i have had moments where i have skinned 2/3 defenders on superstar and using only 70 plus rated players the trick is

deft turns with the right timing
using the r2 button with a flick as you turn
holding r3 flick it up just as you sprint past
double tap sprint from a walking pace to nutmeg them or knock it round

just a short example using only r2 and sprint bursts i love how relentless the ai defenders are

Last edited:
I have only one player recommendation: Arda Turan! One of my favourite players and have played with him extensively using Barca to practice my manual skills and he's dynamite in-game. Can turn on a six-pence and is always popping up in goal scoring positions. He'd be a fantastic signing - if you can afford him that is.
I've got €70 m,and probably 30-40 more next season,I've scouted him,hard to get,his affection meter isn't high for Milan though:)

i started a new ML as im still messing around with the game (and waiting for the stadium edit patch) i was getting a bit frustrated with how easy it was to dominate possession in the majority of games so started editing teams tactics with some help from operation sports forum and my own research and it has improved things a lot for me

3 games in won 1 drew 1 lost 1 possession in the 3 games to me was 60% ,47% and 51% .The game against Brescia was one of the best I have ever played in a football game they went 2-0 up after 30 minutes dominating possession for most of the half especially the center of the pitch due to their new tactics so i had to do something I took off a center forward and packed 5 in midfield to get hold of the ball and it changed things straight away i scored to make it 2-1 right on half time

2nd half i really went for it they still had chances and possession was even still. Around the 80th minute they went all out defence i just couldnt get that final ball to score and i lost 2-1 but it was brilliant I highly recommend anyone who has time to look into changing the AI tactics and fluid formations

on another note i have learned to dribble a lot better i have had moments where i have skinned 2/3 defenders on superstar and using only 70 plus rated players the trick is

deft turns with the right timing
using the r2 button with a flick as you turn
holding r3 flick it up just as you sprint past
double tap sprint from a walking pace to nutmeg them or knock it round

just a short example using only r2 and sprint bursts i love how relentless the ai defenders are

They're relentless

Been bitching and moaning about how shitty it is uploading vids here from my Xbox,being a bit jealous of you ps4 guys.
My old way was this.
Record your highlights via twitch,get your PC out to edit that recording,upload it to YouTube from your PC (twitch and tablet/mobile doesn't work) then get my iPad,write a story here,paste the video
And done.

Today I had a few hours with my XB1 learning/discovering my in game recording device,just like you guys have on your Ps4.
What I didn't know,was that I could open up my YouTube app,and find my recordings on my Xbox hard drive and just upload it from there,brilliant
And I discovered my upload studio,where I can edit clips in.

So dear fellow ML mates,this thread will be spammed like a mofo with clips:)

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I've been stalking this thread whilst playing PES 2017 over the last week or so. I've not had this much fun with a football game since PES 5 and 6 on PS2. It's fantastic! Anyway I've just finished my 2nd Master League season as Middlesbrough with the random players and just been promoted to the the BPL :)

My first season basically consisted of slowly relearning the game and also tinkering with tactics as it was something that I never really bothered with on the older games and I finished in the bottom half of the table. Brought in a few loanees (Noone, Isgrove) for the second season along with the purchase of a beast of striker in Quagliarella who was my most prolific striker with around 20 for the season. The season went right down to the wire and I held onto 2nd place for automatic promotion with Watford, Norwich and Sunderland battling for those automatic promotion places alongside me. The last 10 games to the season were so intense, every game was thrilling and I felt the fear of that any dropped points at this stage of the season was going to destroy my promotion hopes. Watford and Norwich both won all but one game in the those final games but luckily I matched them and won 9 out of 10 which gave me second spot and promotion. I've not had that feeling of a well earned achievement in a sports game in over 10 years!!!

Just one final thing which I wanted to share was when my striker Yankov lobbed the onrushing keeper in one of my games. As the ball sailed past the keeper and was still around 10 yards away from reaching the net Yankov started celebrating with both arms aloft before the ball had even crossed the line. It was great. Never seen that before in any football game, was this in any earlier PES'? Either way it had me chuckling to myself with the cheek of it :D

Oh and for those interested I was playing just on Professional difficulty. It was challenging enough for a returning ex PES player like myself :)

Been bitching and moaning about how shitty it is uploading vids here from my Xbox,being a bit jealous of you ps4 guys.
My old way was this.
Record your highlights via twitch,get your PC out to edit that recording,upload it to YouTube from your PC (twitch and tablet/mobile doesn't work) then get my iPad,write a story here,paste the video
And done.

Today I had a few hours with my XB1 learning/discovering my in game recording device,just like you guys have on your Ps4.
What I didn't know,was that I could open up my YouTube app,and find my recordings on my Xbox hard drive and just upload it from there,brilliant
And I discovered my upload studio,where I can edit clips in.

So dear fellow ML mates,this thread will be spammed like a mofo with clips:)

That's great Rock. .always wondered why you weren't putting up many clips .. .look forward to seeing them. Can't believe you sold Matias fernandez........That's on a par with Wilkinson selling Cantona to Utd . .(shaking head in disappointment).

That's great Rock. .always wondered why you weren't putting up many clips .. .look forward to seeing them. Can't believe you sold Matias fernandez........That's on a par with Wilkinson selling Cantona to Utd . .(shaking head in disappointment).
Yeah,he didn't really fit into my system.
That sale of Cantona,must be up there with the guy who didn't sign The Beatles "nah they're shit mate,won't sell a record...trust me"
You've got Pontus Jansson in Leeds now,really good CB,hard as fuck

Had a few games tonight. . .... . started off against Torino the league leaders and they whupped my ass 0-2 no complaints.
Next up away to Novara and beat them 1-2. . . easy win, they scored a consolation goal at the end.
Next game away to Perugia and we played brilliant. . my young striker Rossi is developing well and scored a great hat-trick and should have scored 4 but the goalie saved a cheeky chip from him as it ended 0-3.
Home to Vicenza next and I was robbed by the ref. .. took an early lead through some great link up play with Petagna laying it on for Rossi to score 1-0 . .then the ref gave them a peno and I saved it.. . .had total control of the game looking to extend my lead when the ref decides to give them a dodgy peno again and they scored it 1-1. I switched to 4-3-3 as it was a bit congested in the middle and it opened the play up for both teams ended up a draw but a very entertaining match.

I'm third in the table although the first two have a gap of 15 points between me and them which is a bit unrealistic. . .let's see can I close the gap.

Problem?

That's really strange because in my first ML season with Aston Villa i got 2 penalties in the first few games but nothing since. Also I missed them both before I hadn't practised them before. Had to do a search in Google, thankfully the keeper was very patient :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom