The Master League adventures thread

Getting tougher and tougher on TP
Had a game vs Cagliari,were they were like bloodhounds.
Hardly making any mistakes,chasing me down,not giving me an inch
Won the game 2-0,but as the season progresses,it's getting tougher and tougher.
In the beginning of my TP player,defenders did make mistakes trying to pass,now,nada.
So I might go for the odd proffesional games just to bring it down a bit.
Not complaining,I've knocked out Liverpool to,but top player 15 games ago and now,huge difference

9-0 I'm not that bad, I think it was 8-0 :P

Here are some highlights of my Emirates Cup game away against Watford. Took about 30 minutes to play and about 2 hours to edit and upload :P.

Spot the strange looking Troy Deeney...

Notice that Gomes was flapping around a bit after we scored. A bit disappointing as we held on for so long. But I panicked a bit for their equaliser when they swung the corner in.

After that they kept hitting us on the break.

Sorry to keep mentioning negative things but a couple of things that are starting to bug me is (1) when taking a free kick and I pick out the player I want to cross the ball to, a lot of the time he moves from his position. I know he is trying to find space but it can be annoying when as soon as I kick the ball he moves a bit out the way. The other thing (2) is when I try to do a long ground pass a closer player of mine will cut it out. This happens quite a lot even if I press the pass button for a long time. It can be a pain because in my mind I have a move worked out but then my own player cuts out the all important pass.

Nice vid Geeee . . ..you played well . . .. .. the A.I turned the screw on you there though.. .the editing's a nightmare I agree . . . .your second point about the long through ball that happens to me a lot.

In the beginning of my TP player,defenders did make mistakes trying to pass,now,nada.
Not complaining,I've knocked out Liverpool to,but top player 15 games ago and now,huge difference

Aha! The pressure is building Rock. . .I actually did a whole season on TP and got beaten about 35 times. .. . wouldn't recommend doing that again. . .end up on a psychiatric ward.

Nice vid Geeee . . ..you played well . . .. .. the A.I turned the screw on you there though.. .the editing's a nightmare I agree . . . .your second point about the long through ball that happens to me a lot.

Its not just the long through ball Decs its a lot of my long ground passes. My RB will decide to play a long pass along the ground to the LB with no pressure from the CPU but then my CB will stick a leg out and get it.

Im sure before in PES or FIFA if you played a ball hard like that the CB would let it go past him because the computer knew how hard you pressed the button. It's not a big thing but it does break up my play sometimes.

Another thing that can annoy is when you have a player on the ground and i try to play the ball passed him. The amount of times i kick it at him while his laying there. Heh heh quite funny really.

Well done for sticking at TP Rock. Oh the odd Professional game (speak with posh voice), myself i will go for the odd erm, Regular game. Heh heh.

Seriously Rock i dont know how you find the patience to play TP. I will make that move if and when i get up to the EPL.

Well done for sticking at TP Rock. Oh the odd Professional game (speak with posh voice), myself i will go for the odd erm, Regular game. Heh heh.

Seriously Rock i dont know how you find the patience to play TP. I will make that move if and when i get up to the EPL.
Cheers G.
I think it's easy,I started my ML earlier than most of you.
Think I was in here whining when you guys inserted kits like maniacs:)
So I've done the SS--TP told the game to fuck off,started on TP-told it to fuck off again,then Kenpachi provided me with an excellent tactic,and I started it on proffesional,which I still love,but needed a extra challenge and started on TP about 15-20 games ago.
It's hard as hell,but I win more than I lose.
Once you kinda crack the game,and get a good TS and play well,the game treats you well.
You'll be back at Proffesional/TP in no time mate.
Keep at it gee
And you mean..WHEN YOU GET UP IN THE PL SON!
What's your TS at?

Last edited:
Its not just the long through ball Decs its a lot of my long ground passes. My RB will decide to play a long pass along the ground to the LB with no pressure from the CPU but then my CB will stick a leg out and get it.

Im sure before in PES or FIFA if you played a ball hard like that the CB would let it go past him because the computer knew how hard you pressed the button. It's not a big thing but it does break up my play sometimes.

Another thing that can annoy is when you have a player on the ground and i try to play the ball passed him. The amount of times i kick it at him while his laying there. Heh heh quite funny really.
It's still does it on FIFA 16 at least,hate it to,in FIFA they just lets it pass between their legs

Aha! The pressure is building Rock. . .I actually did a whole season on TP and got beaten about 35 times. .. . wouldn't recommend doing that again. . .end up on a psychiatric ward.
Ha ha,yeah got it.
It's ok,winning more than losing,so I'm all good.
Only thing is,would be nice to really hand it to a weaker team sometimes

So have had quite a few games today.
Being at home all day,took a day off.
AC Milan 1-0 Liverpool
Napoli 2-2 AC Milan
Liverpool 2-2 AC Milan
Lazio 0-0 Milan
Cagliari 0-2 AC Milan
AC Milan 0-1 Southampton

And my last game was vs Crotone,had a long hard think about going down to proffesional,but played this one on TP to

I absolutely gave it to them from the start,hammered them with shots crosses all first half
Had three shots hitting the post,a few goal line clearances to
So obviously in the 45th they got a FK down by my corner flag and headed it in.
0-1 end of first half
65-35 in possesion to me
11-1 in shots to me.
Wuuut?

Started the second like the first,bombarded them,and created three corners in a row.
On one of those I got a clean touch and made it 1-1
Few minutes later,another corner and I made it 2-1
By now,in the 65-70th minute they started to attack me,so plenty of room to counter on them.
In the 76th I got a ball down the left flank,Adrianno sprinted from his central position outside the box,got the ball,plenty of time,perfect cross far post and I headed in 3-1.

A very nice game indeed,glad I had it on TP,so I could prove to myself I can score a few on this level to
All four goals on headers
Next game Southampton away in the last 16 of EL,and I'm gonna get those bastards

Hey guys, dont know what to say about this game. It brings me back to the old PES 5/6 days. I just love it.
Biggest problem i have is, that i dont know if i should play with pass assistance 1 or without. I switch between them
depending on which mode i play :D

I started a ML with Newcastle United in the Championship. I was runner up in the first Season an in the second i won the
Premier League xD. I played for the most of my second season on Superstar with Pass assistance 1. I switched down on Top player for a couple of games, because i read on another Forum, that playing on Top-Player would make the A.I playing more various.

Soooo, i made a little goal compilation of this two seasons. Its just ten goals, but there are some nice ones (shame that you can save just 10 goals on the PS4 xD ).

PS: Sorry for my bad English, non native speaker :)
PPS: See, i made an account on december 2014, but PES 2017 made me posting!
Thats quite a statement!

Hey guys, dont know what to say about this game. It brings me back to the old PES 5/6 days. I just love it.
Biggest problem i have is, that i dont know if i should play with pass assistance 1 or without. I switch between them

I started a ML with Newcastle United in the Championship. I was runner up in the first Season an in the second i won the
Premier League xD. I played for the most of my second season on Superstar with Pass assistance 1. I switched down on Top player for a couple of games, because i read on another Forum, that playing on Top-Player would make the A.I playing more various.

Soooo, i made a little goal compilation of this two seasons. Its just ten goals, but there are some nice ones (shame that you can save just 10 goals on the PS4 xD ).

Thats quite a statement!
Your English is fine mate
Some stunners you got there,nice goals.
Most in here play on Proffesional or TP with PA0, what you do is up to you
Welcome aboard!

Why stop now,the night is young,02:41 am...
Whipped Southampton with 3-0
GET IN!!!!!
Now I'm in the qtrs of the EL,and I've been drawn vs Lazio,a good draw,considering Chelsea,Roma,City,Tottenham,Villareal and Leverkusen still are in it.

Next game,Fiorentina away
This game,that was my scare on TP.
And the game played laser fast.
A couple of highlights
Scored early on,got a replay on it further down,a cracker gents,can't believe I could pull it off on manual.

Scored 2-0 late second half,my striker beats the keeper on a cross and makes 2-0
But one thing really stood out,wish i had it on video,the replay didn't show it properly.
In the 86th minute,Kalinic went down on the line of the penalty box.
Very soft I thought,I kinda expected them to get a pen, and then start to push for an equaliser.
The ref pointed,and Kalinic started to protest,and I just realised,he took a dive and got booked!
That's a first for me,diving CPU,and also getting booked.
Fantastic.

The Benevento Connection (Prequel to Enter the Dragon)

Serie B Matchday 27: AS Citadella v. Benevento Calcio

Williams Jones was a calm looking figure ahead of this clash. He was the only one associated with Benevento Calcio, be it players, staff, or support who could do so. He had to. But then cool comes naturally to "Black Belt"

The team were languishing in 21st place ahead of this encounter, though they were currently on an unbeaten run of four games which would have been four victories, had it not been for a late equaliser by visitors Carpi in their last home match.

Recent good form aside, the team were in the position they were deservedly. An absolutely shocking first half of the season, though the mafia syndicate operating close by the Stadio Ciro Vigorito seemingly vanished into thin air overnight in late December. Nobody has seen nor heard from the syndicate's boss, Cifano (Kai-fano) since. A personal victory for Jones in amongst the clubs turmoil? If so, his superiors in Langley haven't wired through their congratulations on a job well done, or sent over the ultra-rare vinyl of Lee Dorsey's Everything I Do Gonh Be Funky which he insists will help team morale; mix the tempo up a bit; Archibald & The Drills can't rely on Billy Preston's Outa Space ALL the time as the theme music to those intense Offensive Full-Back sessions for local boy, club captain and rising star, Luca Giorza.

The winter transfer window was kind. Seven of the starting eleven were now Italian. Giorza and first My Favourite Player inductee Milillo, now had Ferrini along with Mattiello joining them in defence. In midfield, a slowly improving Abelli in DMF was blessed with Pellini in the other DMF role and the energetic Cozzari in CMF. All frees, with the exception of Ferrini who was snatched on loan from Serie A's Sassuolo.

Elsewhere the squad was bolstered by the arrival on loan of two Brazilians recommended to him by Archie. CF Kempes and LMF Cavalcante. Jones was ready to give the transfers the go ahead on their names alone - then he saw them. Not play, but when he saw their profile pictures. Both had Afro's. Archibald was on the same wavelength as Jones. His Scottish first team coach, a man who played his entire career as a baldy, and who's current hair situation was more suited to a French player in the Ligue 2 whom Konami didn't put in effort into was, in fact, Jones' best signing. Archi-bald by name, but his appreciation for quality hair-game had been unearthed by Jones. Things were clicking into gear.

Alas, it wasn't all sweet when it came to Italian personnel. Diego Fuselli (edited Neillander, or whatever his name is) was sold to some French Ligue 2 team nobody cares about. Rumours were that an Eredivisie side were sniffing around and Fuselli was keen on that move, but Jones wanted to teach him lesson. Although not an Italian himself, Jones was falling for the country and Fuselli appearing as an Englishman in spite of edits-I mean talks, was second only to Kung-Fu treachery in the opinion of Jones when it came to ultimate wrong-doing. His constant hogging of the news feed images likely made the decision easier. To be fair to Fuselli, his constant presence on the news feed wasn't nearly as annoying as that of Eric Canning. Canning was the defacto leader of the squad, and a tidy player in his own right, but Jones was sick of Vasilj always talking about him being an inspiration. Jones was concerned that dropping the likeable Scotsman would unsettle the squad, and maybe even upset Archie, but Archie again showed his commitment to his boss by refusing to question him, even speaking up in Jones' defence at the decision. Good old Archie.

AS Citadella were in 19th place and 4 points better off than the Benevento Boys heading into the match. It was probably the biggest test of character for the new look squad thus far, even if it were to be played in front of a half-empty Stadio Pier Cesare Tombolato.

A game of little in the way of great goals, but an important one. A game in which a goal saving block from Giorza, followed later by an immense sliding tackle by Ferrini, suggested that while the spooks in Virginia hadn't come good with the Lee Dorsey, these two young Italians were already hearing Everything I do Gonh Be Funky...

The next day Jones headed to the Stadio Ciro Vigorito; to Archie's office in particular.

That music... something he hadn't heard since...

He asks Archie what he is listening to:

"Och, just some stuff on Soundcloud I came across. Pretty good, no?"

https://soundcloud.com/andreas-r-hl-1/us-1979-the-tattoo-connection-black-belt-jones-2

Good old Archie.

To be continued... maybe.

Last edited:

What a strike.. if the first one went in it would of been goal of the year contender.

Anyway I can't hold on anymore, started a Ligue 1 Master league with Bordeaux. Professional difficulty, 15 minutes, full manuals. Just hoping I don't get a crash on January.

I'm playing with real players. Kept the whole squad only bought one young center half because the team only had 3. Played the first three matches with mixed results, all played at home and here are the results:

Bordeaux 0-0 Montpellier
A bit rusty here because I've been playing the other game full assisted, needed getting used to coming back to full manuals, had more possession of the ball but couldn't create many chances. Montpellier were dangerous on the break but finishing was awful from them. Lucky to get a draw.

Bordeaux 2-0 Metz
This was one of those easier matches when the CPU were just not any good. No sweat as we controlled the match. Kamano scored a brace, one from a solid strike from outside the box the top right corner, the second a simple tap in getting on the end of a low cross.

Bordeaux 2-2 Angres
I tried to play on PA 1 and basic shooting in this match, though it would be easier but it wasn't easy at all. It seems that if you change your control to PA 1 the AI passing becomes better as well. Lot's of chanses for both sides and was happy to get a draw with an 81st minute equaliser.

My next three games will be tougher as we will face Dijon (Away), Lille (Away), and Lyon (Home). Will try to be more active here and report my results. Cheers!

What a strike.. if the first one went in it would of been goal of the year contender.

Anyway I can't hold on anymore, started a Ligue 1 Master league with Bordeaux. Professional difficulty, 15 minutes, full manuals. Just hoping I don't get a crash on January.

I'm playing with real players. Kept the whole squad only bought one young center half because the team only had 3. Played the first three matches with mixed results, all played at home and here are the results:

Bordeaux 0-0 Montpellier
A bit rusty here because I've been playing the other game full assisted, needed getting used to coming back to full manuals, had more possession of the ball but couldn't create many chances. Montpellier were dangerous on the break but finishing was awful from them. Lucky to get a draw.

Bordeaux 2-0 Metz
This was one of those easier matches when the CPU were just not any good. No sweat as we controlled the match. Kamano scored a brace, one from a solid strike from outside the box the top right corner, the second a simple tap in getting on the end of a low cross.

Bordeaux 2-2 Angres
I tried to play on PA 1 and basic shooting in this match, though it would be easier but it wasn't easy at all. It seems that if you change your control to PA 1 the AI passing becomes better as well. Lot's of chanses for both sides and was happy to get a draw with an 81st minute equaliser.

My next three games will be tougher as we will face Dijon (Away), Lille (Away), and Lyon (Home). Will try to be more active here and report my results. Cheers!
Good results Elja.
And nice to see you back in here

Thats quite a statement!

Amazing goal at 1:44!!!
Does that happen often in PES 2017?

Hi,

I'm doing a ML with the defaults and noticed some interesting stuff regarding team spirit and team role.

I have one player (Schipper) with the team role of "risk taker". The explanation for this team role says something like "team spirit improves if player is in good condition", and this seems to be true. However it doesn't improve by enough for me to play him (61 overall) over arcas (75 overall) unless he is maybe on a blue arrow (about 5 ts points).

However I also have a player with the team role "team player" (Vrany). His team role improves the team spirit by about 5 team spirit points so he's an automatic starter (he's also quite decent).

What's interesting is that when both Schipper (risk taker) and Vrany (team player) plays and Schipper is on a blue arrow the team spirit rockets from the low 50s to something like 77!

But if I take Vrany off the boost is significantly reduced. It seems like the team roles risk taker and team player interacts. I wish I had some more team players to see if the effect can be multiplied.

Have anyone else found something along these lines?

Also the bad boy team role that Rice has means that his form arrow in the next match depends on his performance in the previous match. Saw some of you discussing this some time ago.

Player switching with two human players vs cpu is broken... semi-assist is not what it used to be. I hope konami will fix this in future release...

Played four more games on my Bordeaux save and I'm really struggling to get results.

Dijon 2-0 Bordeaux
Lille 1-0 Bordeaux
Bordeaux 1-2 Lyon
Bordeaux 1-0 Toulouse

Can we get sacked in this game?

Played four more games on my Bordeaux save and I'm really struggling to get results.

Dijon 2-0 Bordeaux
Lille 1-0 Bordeaux
Bordeaux 1-2 Lyon
Bordeaux 1-0 Toulouse

No I'd have been sacked a few times by now lol. .. ...Stick with it .

You could get sacked on 15 I believe, so id be surprised if they take it out. They just dont renew your contract at the end of the season and you are given a choice to carry on with another team.

Dijon 2-0 Bordeaux
Lille 1-0 Bordeaux
Bordeaux 1-2 Lyon
Bordeaux 1-0 Toulouse

Dijon 2-0 Bordeaux
Lille 1-0 Bordeaux
Bordeaux 1-2 Lyon
Bordeaux 1-0 Toulouse

Nope

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes.

Report on match: Estudiantes de la Plata - Olimpo

Highlight reel

Summary

brick-pattern-wide-39-handpicked.jpg

Well, I simply wasn't good enough for a match like this. Realistically, though, I was playing away, and Estudiantes is, also on paper, stronger than Olimpo. So maybe this was to be expected.

The opposition was superior, simple as that. This could have ended 4-0 easily. I show both of my chances in that highlight reel above. But the opponent intercepted my passes, outran me, outwrestled me, outdribbled me. They were better in every area.

I did learn a few things, though. I learned how to use my AMF "more efficiently," the term being relative because he still didn't get anything done. But I did use him as a pivot point in trying to build up. It was just that in the final third it was even more hopeless than in midfield.

Another thing is that I learned to launch a lot of runs. My players were pretty reluctant to run by themselves. So at one point towards the end I was just doing multiple "pass and moves" in a row. That did result in quite a bit of eyecandy action, but nothing substantial.

ML-wise: my TS is up to 53 (why?), a winger injured in previous match (away for 7 weeks), and I simply released a couple of players to make room for two more - although they won't be in my team for another 4 months because of transfer window timing. I still have all the initial money (around 7M euros) available for transfers, sitting in my office. Yep, ML newbie here.

My AMF Gallarjo from the youth academy is making amazing progress. We have a star on the horizon.

One goal in four matches. Seems a bit harder than the leagues I played.

Im currently coming up with a system that kinda represents the Eganche role.... static player maker almost Riquleme or Totti esque.

My Bielsa tactic seems ok but im thinking of using a 4312 and instead of having strikers have wingers and the amf becomes my focal point?!

Back
Top Bottom