The Master League adventures thread

Firmly believe that professional is the best and most accurate level,even though I play on TP.
I'm finding difficulty levels really hard to judge this year - like I mentioned in the other thread. This is a sample of my experience so far, with Hull, switching between PA0 and PA1:

Professional - DREW 1-1 (Man City), LOST 4-0 (Swansea)
Top Player - DREW 1-1 (Liverpool), LOST 2-1 (West Ham)
Superstar - DREW 1-1 (Man Utd), LOST 2-1 (West Brom)

I feel like Professional is less restrictive, yet the same things happen (just slightly less maybe) and I find the bottom-half teams destroy me! Yet they don't on Top Player and Superstar, even though I feel slightly more restricted.

im hopeless on manual. hahha. so meaning injury wont occur as frequent?

Unfortunately I think that's the case, the ball is on rails on assisted. Meaning that when you pass it goes right to the feet of your players - meaning the defense doesn't make rash tackles etc trying to nip in and get the ball first.

Everything is looser on manual (even dribbling to an extent, that's just an opinion not a concrete fact) and so you can bait the CPU into committing more fouls etc and thus the likelihood of injuries increases.

Last edited:
I'm finding difficulty levels really hard to judge this year - like I mentioned in the other thread. This is a sample of my experience so far, with Hull, switching between PA0 and PA1:

Professional - DREW 1-1 (Man City), LOST 4-0 (Swansea)
Top Player - DREW 1-1 (Liverpool), LOST 2-1 (West Ham)
Superstar - DREW 1-1 (Man Utd), LOST 2-1 (West Brom)

I feel like Professional is less restrictive, yet the same things happen (just slightly less maybe) and I find the bottom-half teams destroy me! Yet they don't on Top Player and Superstar, even though I feel slightly more restricted.
Yes its weird.
When I made the move when struggling,from TP-proffesional,I had a few strange results,they evened out as the season progressed though.

I´m going Pro too from now on. I tried so hard but I can´t simply put a goal in. CPU defense is unreal, and the catchup is too overpowered. Also I don´t like how my players take ages to react in some situations, to make it easier for the CPU to get the ball.

Yesterday I played a Champions League mode, several testings again... Pro on manual, and Superstar on PA1. Superstar on PA1 was horrible!! PA1 made my buildup repetitive as hell, lack of fouls also. CPU played on steroids all time, their passing was allways first time passing and super fast! That´s the one thing I´ve always hated on Fifa, totally unrealistic. Top Player should be the way to go, but the amount of matches I have in ML without a win is far from realistic too. I don´t want to win everything in every single attempt, but I wan´t to know that I have my chances.

Played a couple matches on Pro and though it seems easier (maybe a bit too much), CPU still gave me trouble, and in a second half they even won posession stats. So the balance is there, the challenge is there (and we all know how challenging the ML can get). I´ll keep my ML going, but on Pro level.

When I switched to professional at first I thought it was too easy . . ..was about to switch back to TP . ..but as the season has gone on I've changed my mind . .it feels just right. . . ..at the same time I've started using fluid formation and Matt10's 5 second adjustment. .. and it took the mad rushing around out of the game and made it more balanced . . .but I've drawn 4 out of 6 matches lately but for some incredible goalkeeping from the A.I I would have won.

The only criticism of Matt's system is that after copying defense formation over attack formation . .sometimes it feels like your players aren't far enough up the pitch but it changes as soon as you up the att/def levels . .you can really notice it. Give it a good shot on Pro . . .I'm loving it now.

Just thought I'd pop in and let you all know that Divock Origi is a MONSTER in ML. Physically he's got it all already, he's good in the air and with his feet. He's quick, athletic and mobile. But because he is young and gifted he will develop very quickly and be able to learn traits and skills quickly. I think he got 42 goals in 43 games in my first season. Got Premier League POTS and top scorer. He's almost a cheat code. A regular scorer of hattricks. He's scored me 4 and 5 in games along the way. Always in the right place at the right time. You can cross it in or play a ball in behind, he's lethal in ML.

Not even funny.

When I switched to professional at first I thought it was too easy . . ..was about to switch back to TP . ..but as the season has gone on I've changed my mind . .it feels just right. . . ..at the same time I've started using fluid formation and Matt10's 5 second adjustment. .. and it took the mad rushing around out of the game and made it more balanced . . .but I've drawn 4 out of 6 matches lately but for some incredible goalkeeping from the A.I I would have won.

The only criticism of Matt's system is that after copying defense formation over attack formation . .sometimes it feels like your players aren't far enough up the pitch but it changes as soon as you up the att/def levels . .you can really notice it. Give it a good shot on Pro . . .I'm loving it now.

I take it i will need to edit all the prem teams to matts fix..will i need to restart my ML or will it migrate across..also wasn't their an option file being created with them implemented? We could do with an option file with all these tactics in as well as kits..early days though

I think the advanced tactic settings such as false 9 ect can all work with either long ball and possession. For example... my best playmaker has on 75 for stamina BUT because i dont want him to waste it i set him up as a counter target to keep him further upfield rather than have him chasing around.

And i use the shortest short passing on attacking.

A good tip is using the d pad a lot,which def setting you're on,you often start with both your advanced def setting.
So using one at the time when needed or both when needed,same thing goes for off setting,and also pushing your levels up or down depending on the game.
This game is very very deep,deeper than I thought

Three games today
Torino 1-1 Milan
Came back from trailing most of the game.
Rain game,hate those,makes the CPU having the ball glued to its foot,strangely enough.
But those Torino kits...ay ay ay.

Second game
Samdoria 2-2 Milan
Rainy game,again!
1-0 down,clawed back to make it 1-1
Second half,77th I curled in a freekick
Happy as hell.
Then 83rd minute a corner that ended up at their feet and 2-2.
Robbed.

3rd game
Pescara at home
They got a red card in the 10th minute
Backed down the whole game and made it tough for me.
But in the 66th Niang got a through ball and made it 1-0
Final result too.
Should have scored more goals but I'll take the three points and a clean sheet
4th in the table now

Maximilliano Romero is a beast. Hes 78 on my game second season. And on my Liverpool save Divock Origi is 84 in season 3. Monster.

He's boss. I rarely play Sturridge because of it. I'm tryna move him on. No takers yet.

I take it i will need to edit all the prem teams to matts fix..will i need to restart my ML or will it migrate across..also wasn't their an option file being created with them implemented? We could do with an option file with all these tactics in as well as kits..early days though

No hitman . .Matt's fix is for your own team that's all and seems to play more balanced after it . .he has a 5 minute video on it . .check it out.

Played two games just there and got awarded a penalty without diving . .. .luvly jubbly .. . .it was awarded when 3 players took my player down at the same time. . .just as well as I needed it to win the match. . .had to come back from 0-1 down to win 2-1 made a mess of striking the peno but it rolled under the keeper.

Next match against Avellino and they started like a bat out of hell . . .0-1 down in the first minute. . then 0-2 after 5 mins .. .thought I was gone but no . .I pushed my att/def up and attacked down the right and crossed for Petagna to head low into the near corner 1-2 at halftime. . . second half they came flying out of the traps again but I was ready .. . saw their forward pick it up after a quick break to the edge of the box and just knew he was going to try bury it in the far corner. . . so I brought my keeper out a bit and when the shot came in he had the angle covered and saved it pushing it away. . . I kept pressing and won a corner and my now best player Castledine caught the ball with a low volley from the corner . .2-2 I continued to press and felt like the A.I at times wanted me to win and right at the end I found a gap and passed to Coutinho inside the box and he shot but the keeper parried it and left the goal empty. .. .I was already celebrating the goal when one of the new guys who only had to tap it in put it wide. . the thick Mofo. So 2-2. . . should have been all 3 points loving Professional at the moment.

A good tip is using the d pad a lot,which def setting you're on,you often start with both your advanced def setting.
So using one at the time when needed or both when needed,same thing goes for off setting,and also pushing your levels up or down depending on the game.
This game is very very deep,deeper than I thought

Not as deep as you my friend.

Played two games just there and got awarded a penalty without diving . .. .luvly jubbly .. . .it was awarded when 3 players took my player down at the same time. . .just as well as I needed it to win the match. . .had to come back from 0-1 down to win 2-1 made a mess of striking the peno but it rolled under the keeper.

Next match against Avellino and they started like a bat out of hell . . .0-1 down in the first minute. . then 0-2 after 5 mins .. .thought I was gone but no . .I pushed my att/def up and attacked down the right and crossed for Petagna to head low into the near corner 1-2 at halftime. . . second half they came flying out of the traps again but I was ready .. . saw their forward pick it up after a quick break to the edge of the box and just knew he was going to try bury it in the far corner. . . so I brought my keeper out a bit and when the shot came in he had the angle covered and saved it pushing it away. . . I kept pressing and won a corner and my now best player Castledine caught the ball with a low volley from the corner . .2-2 I continued to press and felt like the A.I at times wanted me to win and right at the end I found a gap and passed to Coutinho inside the box and he shot but the keeper parried it and left the goal empty. .. .I was already celebrating the goal when one of the new guys who only had to tap it in put it wide. . the thick Mofo. So 2-2. . . should have been all 3 points loving Professional at the moment.
Fucking told you son,proffesional is legit
Good results Dec,and nice that your enjoying the game again

Fucking told you son,proffesional is legit
Good results Dec,and nice that your enjoying the game again

Loving it Rock . .you were right about Professional . ..have the same feeling as I had with last years Ml . .can't get enough. . .have to upskill in training though ... and then go blank when a situation is put in front of me in a real match. . duh.

Professional is the sweet spot. Still provides a challenge but not so much its unrealistic and pissing you off everytime you play it. Years ago I'd be OCD and have to play on the hardest difficulties. But its so broken in most of todays games because they penalize and restrict the player to provide that "challenge"

Which is bullshit in my view. Just make the CPU better, don't restrict my players or controls.

I just play medium in most games now. Its about enjoying games whilst I play them. I find playing on hard now is just a major fuck over for the player. If it was more balanced I'd play on it.

Loving it Rock . .you were right about Professional . ..have the same feeling as I had with last years Ml . .can't get enough. . .have to upskill in training though ... and then go blank when a situation is put in front of me in a real match. . duh.
Yeah,it's all in your muscle memory,do stuff in training,a lot,then it'll come through in game situations
Absolutely loving it to

Professional is the sweet spot. Still provides a challenge but not so much its unrealistic and pissing you off everytime you play it. Years ago I'd be OCD and have to play on the hardest difficulties. But its so broken in most of todays games because they penalize and restrict the player to provide that "challenge"

Which is bullshit in my view. Just make the CPU better, don't restrict my players or controls.

I just play medium in most games now. Its about enjoying games whilst I play them. I find playing on hard now is just a major fuck over for the player. If it was more balanced I'd play on it.

I hear you buddy.

No hitman . .Matt's fix is for your own team that's all and seems to play more balanced after it . .he has a 5 minute video on it . .check it out.

Oh really? I applied it to the whole prem and teams who don't have a different with n without ball formation a la Atletico. I left them as standard as they have a unique off the ball set up where Griezmann becomes an amf and Torres a SS

Oh really? I applied it to the whole prem and teams who don't have a different with n without ball formation a la Atletico. I left them as standard as they have a unique off the ball set up where Griezmann becomes an amf and Torres a SS

Well that's what he says on his video unless I got it wrong. . . .Klashman's is done for each team manually.

I´m going Pro too from now on. I tried so hard but I can´t simply put a goal in. CPU defense is unreal, and the catchup is too overpowered. Also I don´t like how my players take ages to react in some situations, to make it easier for the CPU to get the ball.

I've moved down to Top Player, don't like doing that but the superstar was not enjoyable at all.

The above is how I saw things too.

It's weird when I switched to TP that the shots got a little more accurate.

Even a win on Superstar didn't feel enjoyable. Hopefully the TP setting will keep me entertained in Ligue 2 with sochaux, so will see how things pan out, got bt 4-1 in last superstar match in cup against Caen, played Nimes on TP who were top and scored a last minute winner 2-1.

If it pans out that it's too easy, could be the quickest PES game for me to bite the dust as no way can I enjoy this on Superstar. Just doesn't feel right at all, too robotic, didn't enjoy it at all.

FD

Unfortunately I think that's the case, the ball is on rails on assisted. Meaning that when you pass it goes right to the feet of your players - meaning the defense doesn't make rash tackles etc trying to nip in and get the ball first.

Everything is looser on manual (even dribbling to an extent, that's just an opinion not a concrete fact) and so you can bait the CPU into committing more fouls etc and thus the likelihood of injuries increases.
I've done moves that can't be done on assisted,mostly by mistake,like trying to pass the ball,and it ends up being a ball to the left of the defender,and me going right and getting the ball when I've passed him.

I've done moves that can't be done on assisted,mostly by mistake,like trying to pass the ball,and it ends up being a ball to the left of the defender,and me going right and getting the ball when I've passed him.

I'm all too familiar with accidental moments of genius on manual settings! It's an entirely different game on manual and I'm having a blast playing with it albeit on CL run with Man City whilst I wait for OF issues to be resolved.

220px-Real_Valladolid_Logo.svg_zpsvqngpw5y.png

Real Valladolid

Blanquivioletas / Albivioletas
(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)
December - Merry Christmas!
A big month in more ways than one, 6 games and arguably a last chance to make a move in the table as just 1 win from 14 games leaves Valladolid desperate.

g18_zpsim0gvpea.png

First up would see the team fall apart, losing at home to Reus in a game that was chalked up as a potential 3pts. However that disappointment appeared to spark Valladolid into life and after a hard fought 1-1 draw at promotion chasing Oviedo, the team would win back to back games for the first time this season.

g16_zpsnyksyhlt.png

The 2-0 win at CD Mirandes would be ignited by Dolly Menga as his arrival as a late substitute saw him tuck home an effort at the near post. A 2nd would soon follow as Ruper deflected a cross into his own net, sealing Valladolids first away win of the season.

g20_zpsy5ttynvg.png

Then back home and it would be another win, this time Almeria would fall foul of the teams revival as Naranjo finally ended his drought with a neat finish to seal the victory. Things would dip as the month and year ended, yet a thrilling 2-2 draw with Cordoba and an unlucky 2-1 loss at Getafe would at least see impressive performances, if not the results.

So with an upturn in fortunes Valladolid will go into the new year with a fresh sense of hope. The transfer window could prove pivotal in the teams resurgence as bringing in the right player may make all the difference. Fixture wise the team start 2017 hosting Girona FC, before the schedule turns around as they host Levante, Real Zaragoza and UNAM Murica as 4 games at the Jose Zorrilla is a perfect platform. Finally January ends with a trip to Sevilla Atletico and the end of the transfer window.

December Results:
(H) 0-2 CF Reus
(A) 1-1 Real Oviedo (Oscar)
(A) 2-0 CD Mirandes (Menga), (Ruper OG)
(H) 1-0 Almeria (Naranjo)
(A) 2-2 Cordoba (Juan Villar), (Zambrano)
(A) 1-2 Getafe CF (Michel)

Current Standings:
stnde3_zps0wi8vv8q.png

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes.

Report on match: Colón de Santa Fe - Olimpo

Highlight reel

Summary

Laguna-de-Llancanelo-by-Derwin-Kitch.jpg

This game is so frigging excellent it's hard to believe.

The highlight reel is kinda long, because I just save one-minute clips of exciting moments and patch them together. I don't want to start editing, would take too much time.

Anyway, dry season. Mr James was brought to manage Olimpo to spice up the offence. It isn't working.

I decided not to play any matches today because I was so tired. So I went to the training ground to practice some feints. An excellent idea, I must say. Have to do it more regularly. The feints work, but not always, and only if used correctly.

You can guess that after spending some time training I was way too pumped up not to play.

Away against Colón de Santa Fe, who in 2015 finished one position below us.

Two even teams wrestle from the very beginning. It takes until 37' for the first truly dangerous chance to come up. Colón play the long ball. We fail to clear it. Two neat passes and their attacker is against the goalie. But misses the back post.

At 42' we build up patiently on the wing. Rodríguez of Cólon finds it a good idea to foul my winger for the second time - second yellow and he's gone.

My hands start to tremble. I have a chance to win this one.

My MF Freire crosses the resulting free kick. Gaona Lugo reaches it - and shoots over the goal from a bad position.

We push on. A corner at 56'. Gallarjo, a most talented AMF who I lifted from the youth academy, rises to the corner, heads the ball perfectly to bottom corner - and Colón goalie stretches to a glorious save.

72'. We still push on. Gaona Lugo falls on the ground after a rough tackle. Colón play the ball to their CF. In the heat of the match I did not notice that tight marking has been released from the CF because of a substitution. The CF collects the ball. He is surrounded by five (5) of my players. I take control of the CB and press "teammate pressure," just waiting for the CF to pass the ball or lose possession.

But no. The CF reaches the CB. The CB tackles, but the CF retains possession. Another Colón player makes a run through my defense, gets the pass and scores. I screwed up. Again. Earlier pressure on the CF would have broken the attack easily. I panicked. As soon as I noticed I was in real trouble, I panicked.

This is so great! It's like frigging psychological warfare. You screw up and you're done. But I needed to screw up for this to happen. I am starting to find the masochist inside me. Punish me, please. ;)

But it gets better. We amp up the offense a notch. Keep pushing. Loving every second. At 81' a cross to CM Mansilla, in the 6' box, header, gross miss. Then we start gegenpressing. Relentless defending by Colón. 87' Pantaleone plays a long ball successfully inside the box to Fernandez - when did that ever work before against superstar? Fernandez then makes a perfect move: ball down, a small close control move back, quick move to the side for free space, and a perfect pass to Pizzini - who botches the one-timer! All he had to do was to tap it, but - oh, to be sure that it's a goal indeed - he decides to fire it with 2/3 power.

http://imgur.com/qSugmNH

How perfect is that! With hands trembling I admit I botched it again. In this game, you lose your cool and you're done.

We go home. We were beat and we know exactly why. Shots 6(1)-10(3) in our favour.

Just how great can a gaming experience get? Every match is a psychologial triller.

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes.

Report on match: Colón de Santa Fe - Olimpo

Highlight reel

Summary

Laguna-de-Llancanelo-by-Derwin-Kitch.jpg

This game is so frigging excellent it's hard to believe.

The highlight reel is kinda long, because I just save one-minute clips of exciting moments and patch them together. I don't want to start editing, would take too much time.

Anyway, dry season. Mr James was brought to manage Olimpo to spice up the offence. It isn't working.

I decided not to play any matches today because I was so tired. So I went to the training ground to practice some feints. An excellent idea, I must say. Have to do it more regularly. The feints work, but not always, and only if used correctly.

You can guess that after spending some time training I was way too pumped up not to play.

Away against Colón de Santa Fe, who in 2015 finished one position below us.

Two even teams wrestle from the very beginning. It takes until 37' for the first truly dangerous chance to come up. Colón play the long ball. We fail to clear it. Two neat passes and their attacker is against the goalie. But misses the back post.

At 42' we build up patiently on the wing. Rodríguez of Cólon finds it a good idea to foul my winger for the second time - second yellow and he's gone.

My hands start to tremble. I have a chance to win this one.

My MF Freire crosses the resulting free kick. Gaona Lugo reaches it - and shoots over the goal from a bad position.

We push on. A corner at 56'. Gallarjo, a most talented AMF who I lifted from the youth academy, rises to the corner, heads the ball perfectly to bottom corner - and Colón goalie stretches to a glorious save.

72'. We still push on. Gaona Lugo falls on the ground after a rough tackle. Colón play the ball to their CF. In the heat of the match I did not notice that tight marking has been released from the CF because of a substitution. The CF collects the ball. He is surrounded by five (5) of my players. I take control of the CB and press "teammate pressure," just waiting for the CF to pass the ball or lose possession.

But no. The CF reaches the CB. The CB tackles, but the CF retains possession. Another Colón player makes a run through my defense, gets the pass and scores. I screwed up. Again. Earlier pressure on the CF would have broken the attack easily. I panicked. As soon as I noticed I was in real trouble, I panicked.

This is so great! It's like frigging psychological warfare. You screw up and you're done. But I needed to screw up for this to happen. I am starting to find the masochist inside me. Punish me, please. ;)

But it gets better. We amp up the offense a notch. Keep pushing. Loving every second. At 81' a cross to CM Mansilla, in the 6' box, header, gross miss. Then we start gegenpressing. Relentless defending by Colón. 87' Pantaleone plays a long ball successfully inside the box to Fernandez - when did that ever work before against superstar? Fernandez then makes a perfect move: ball down, a small close control move back, quick move to the side for free space, and a perfect pass to Pizzini - who botches the one-timer! All he had to do was to tap it, but - oh, to be sure that it's a goal indeed - he decides to fire it with 2/3 power.

http://imgur.com/qSugmNH

How perfect is that! With hands trembling I admit I botched it again. In this game, you lose your cool and you're done.

We go home. We were beat and we know exactly why. Shots 6(1)-10(3) in our favour.

Just how great can a gaming experience get? Every match is a psychologial triller.

You should have scored in that game . ..the AI finishing was lethal!

Do you feel the keepers are OP this year? I mean, I see them make saves that should've been goals. And the defenders have turbo boots. 5-1 isn't bad right geeee? didn't you lose like 9-0 before :D

9-0 I'm not that bad, I think it was 8-0 :P

Here are some highlights of my Emirates Cup game away against Watford. Took about 30 minutes to play and about 2 hours to edit and upload :P.

Spot the strange looking Troy Deeney...

Notice that Gomes was flapping around a bit after we scored. A bit disappointing as we held on for so long. But I panicked a bit for their equaliser when they swung the corner in.

After that they kept hitting us on the break.

Sorry to keep mentioning negative things but a couple of things that are starting to bug me is (1) when taking a free kick and I pick out the player I want to cross the ball to, a lot of the time he moves from his position. I know he is trying to find space but it can be annoying when as soon as I kick the ball he moves a bit out the way. The other thing (2) is when I try to do a long ground pass a closer player of mine will cut it out. This happens quite a lot even if I press the pass button for a long time. It can be a pain because in my mind I have a move worked out but then my own player cuts out the all important pass.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom