The Master League adventures thread

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes.

Report on match: Olimpo - Boca Juniors

Highlight reel (of sorts)

Summary

greatdanechi.jpg

We faced a giant. The hightlight reel above is favourable to our events.

I really enjoyed this match. Had we not f**ked up completely in that 0-2 goal, and with slightly sharper attacking, taking one point would have been feasible.

But Boca are sharp. Let's face it: they have Tevez up front. You know, the little devil that spins around your (in this case, my) defenders.

Up to the 0-1 goal we had some decent chances. What was pleasant that Boca allowed us to play some ball. (In the previous match Atlético didn't.) Then maybe we were a bit soft for a second, and they penalized us immediately. Nice goal.

The 0-2 goal is horrible. I was just stuck with the jockey button held down, watching the events played out in front of my eyes. That was completely deserved after my controller paralysis. I mean, trying to concentrate for 20 min is taxing my old nervous system.

Still, we got exactly the number of points we expected from this match, and it was much more fun than I expected. Kudos to Konami again.

Fair play to you playing on Superstar. . .I had to leave Top player with the default team but am really enjoying Professional. . . I'll play that for a season and probably switch to Top again cos my TS will have gone up.. . .i'll put clips up tomorrow. . stuck into the Ireland match now with a few beers.

Team - Barnsley
Level - Prof
Controls - Full Manual

Not really having much time to post. But just played 2 fantastic games in the league.

Played at home to Derby (17th v 19th)
Went 2-0 up in the first half Morsey (28) and Hammill (33) and we were cruising. Even thinking of upping the Level.

Second half we looked like getting a third. But then in the 57th minute I did a bad pass across to my defender. And the Derby player whipped in. Williams (my new signing) had to bring him down. Not sent off or even booked but a penalty. Bryson scored.

It then became very tight and then in the 80th minute they put a cross in which everyone missed. So there was a chase on between my defender and their striker and I caught him just in the box. Another penalty. Bryson scores 2-2.

Straight after we hit the post then they almost scored at the other end. It was a fantastic last 10 mins. But both teams held on 2-2.

Next up we were at home to Huddersfield (17th v 5th)

Looking at their stats. In 6 matches they had only scored 4 goals and conceded 1 and yet they had 4 wins 1 draw and 1 loss.

I thought I was in for a boring game. Was I ever.

They went 1-0 up with T. Smith (15) then they started defending but we was able to win a corner with our brilliant R. Ince making a wonderful strong run. From the corner Janko scored a stunner. My best goal yet...

1-1 (20)

But then it was like I had hit a wasps nest. They were coming at me with everything. Then from a corner I. Paurevic scored with a header (27). 1-2.

Then they sat back to defend again. But I was able to nick the ball in their half. I said I try not to do that earlier but sometimes you just have to. Played Bradshaw in and he scored (40)

Half time 2-2

Then in the 51st minute they sprayed a cross field pass to the right side and their player twinkle toed into the box and lifted the ball over to I. Paurevic to volley home what turned out to be the winner.

It was a great game my best yet. Can't put the level up yet. It is just right. Loving this game. Next up Wigan v Barnsley (24th v 19th)

What´s your TS at the moment? Are you finding Pro level a bit too easy or not really?

Had two matches today. I finished the one against Newcastle, andlike I predicted, it finished 0-0. Next, Ipswich. Rather weaker team and they didn´t cause me much trouble, except on long balls. CPU now knows that I´m defending deep, so I think they will try long balls all the way. They defended deep too so I couldn´t once again cause them problems. I realised Polter is playing too wide, and I noticed that it´s one of his prefered moves on his stats. That leaves me with little support in the box for crosses. Need someone who actually waits for a header on the center, so I might start using Zoua instead. Getting tired of these draws, need to do something about it.

What´s your TS at the moment? Are you finding Pro level a bit too easy or not really?

Had two matches today. I finished the one against Newcastle, andlike I predicted, it finished 0-0. Next, Ipswich. Rather weaker team and they didn´t cause me much trouble, except on long balls. CPU now knows that I´m defending deep, so I think they will try long balls all the way. They defended deep too so I couldn´t once again cause them problems. I realised Polter is playing too wide, and I noticed that it´s one of his prefered moves on his stats. That leaves me with little support in the box for crosses. Need someone who actually waits for a header on the center, so I might start using Zoua instead. Getting tired of these draws, need to do something about it.

If we all could master the feints and dribbling it would make a huge difference .. .the only thing is about feints and skill is that when you're under pressure it's hard to choose which to do in a split second.

I am halfway through my first season with Middlesbrough (Superstar) and sit midtable which I am happy with.

I seem to pick up wins and draws against the better sides yet lose against the 'lesser' sides.

Love this mode though. It's gaming crack.

I am halfway through my first season with Middlesbrough (Superstar) and sit midtable which I am happy with.

I seem to pick up wins and draws against the better sides yet lose against the 'lesser' sides.

Love this mode though. It's gaming crack.

Are you using manual?

I guess it´s training time...
I love it when I actually remember to be calm and avoid oponents with a simple step to the side or something similar... but most times I´m so worried about reading the game that usually I stress and forget about that.

I guess it´s training time...
I love it when I actually remember to be calm and avoid oponents with a simple step to the side or something similar... but most times I´m so worried about reading the game that usually I stress and forget about that.

Lol. .happens every one of us.

Empoli away.
Since i lost my last game,at home to Chievo,need a good result.

They're not a team that backs down,dirty as hell,they really held their own early on.
14th minute I got 1-0 down,cross,header,save,my Df took a touch instead of clearing it,and Buchel stole it and tapped it in.
Ever feel you don't really control your players,that's how it felt.
Anyway,3 minutes later,bad pass by them outside their own box,stole it,passed their defender and rolled in 1-1
35th minute,they strung together 4-5 passes through my MF/Df and chipped it into my box and Mchedlidze tap it in.
If this was 16, I'd swear,it had scripting all over.

2nd half, their player Noboa got his second yellow card and of he went.
Changed my approach,full press,full attacking level.
Had pretty much everything from then,and in the 77th,one of my players cuts in from the right side,shoots,GK parries,ball is all over the place,Bonaventura gets it 2-2
Made a triple sub,sessegnon,Bruma,Niang
Kept pressure on them,they tried to keep possesion,a bad pass stolen by sessegnon,crossed it to a striker,through on goal,and 3-2.
What a turnaround,in the 86th minute
Became a bit scary last minutes,they had a shot,saved by Donnarumma,and a header the following corner that nearly resulted.
3-2 the final result

Good win,bit pissed off with 5 goals conceded in two games.
Think I've had 10 games without conceding that many all together
And I also had an injury for 11 weeks,not good
Next up,dirty Genoa

Empoli away.

They're not a team that backs down,dirty as hell,they really held their own early on.
14th minute I got 1-0 down,cross,header,save,my Df took a touch instead of clearing it,and Buchel stole it and tapped it in.
Anyway,3 minutes later,bad pass by them outside their own box,stole it,passed their defender and rolled in 1-1
35th minute,they strung together 4-5 passes through my MF/Df and chipped it into my box and Mchedlidze tap it in.

Had pretty much everything from then,and in the 77th,one of my players cuts in from the right side,shoots,GK parries,ball is all over the place,Bonaventura gets it 2-2
Kept pressure on them,they tried to keep possesion,a bad pass stolen by sessegnon,crossed it to a striker,through on goal,and 3-2.
Became a bit scary last minutes,they had a shot,saved by Donnarumma,and a header the following corner that nearly resulted.
3-2 the final result

Next up,dirty Genoa

Ooh ye jammy git Rock. . .put up a few clips Rock .. even I'm doing it .. .it's great fun.

Working hard since 78 here... lol.
Nah, I grew up and I am a big boy already. And then Konami launches pes 2017. So at day I´m a responsible man, teaching youngsters and all, cooking to my wife etc. At night... well, at night I :square::triangle::x::BAND:

Empoli away.

3-2 the final result

Next up,dirty Genoa

Yeah nice!! Wonderfull result there, feels great when we win those!

220px-Real_Valladolid_Logo.svg_zpsvqngpw5y.png

Real Valladolid

Blanquivioletas / Albivioletas
(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)
October - When you are waiting for a bus....!
The miserable start to their season continued as Valladolid would open October with a defeat on the island of Mallorca. This time however they would score, infact it would be the opening goal as Ryan Mendes would shank his effort past the keeper. Alas a red card for Michel would turn the tide and the hosts would score twice (including a last minute winner from the spot) to steal all 3 points.

g8_zpskkbcvscg.png

However things would start to look up and the goals would begin to flow (relatively) as Cadiz were put to the sword, as Valladolid collected their opening win of the season thanks to a late Gurpegi strike. The 36 year old remained forward from a corner and when the ball found its way to him inside the area, he would smash it home to seal a 1-0 win.

g7_zpshcmgmn8v.png

With a positive air around the club following that win, Valladolid would end the month on the back of 2 draws, first up a goalless effort at Elche, before a Drazic header would earn them a point at home to Gimnastic in a ding-dong battle.

Off the pitch the biggest news would be the €9,000,000 bid from Shandong in China for Gurpegi. At 36 it would be a huge profit for Valladolid, however his inclusion as a makeshift sweeper has been integral in the teams upsurge in fortunes and the bid was duly rejected.

November will see home games against Huesca and Tenerife, surround back to back way fixtures at CD Lugo and Alcorcon. With Valladolid in 21st place after 10 games, its imperative that results start to trickle in and the chase for a top 6 finish begins in ernest.

October Results:

(A) 1-2 Mallorca (Mendes)
(H) 1-0 Cadiz (Gurpegi)
(A) 0-0 Elche
(H) 1-1 Gimnastic (Drazic)

Current Standings:
stana_zpsakncjsp1.png

Last edited:
Ooh ye jammy git Rock. . .put up a few clips Rock .. even I'm doing it .. .it's great fun.
Yeah I should,works a bit differently on Xbox though,you have to connect via twitch,and the downside is you'll have "broadcasting" right in your radar screen.
But I will,the big games

Working hard since 78 here... lol.
Nah, I grew up and I am a big boy already. And then Konami launches pes 2017. So at day I´m a responsible man, teaching youngsters and all, cooking to my wife etc. At night... well, at night I :square::triangle::x::BAND:
Same here,wrkin
If we all could master the feints and dribbling it would make a huge difference .. .the only thing is about feints and skill is that when you're under pressure it's hard to choose which to do in a split second.
think I read,on this forum back in -06, a very good tip,on of the easiest and best advices.
DONT SPAM THE SPRINT BUTTON.
Try to create a yard/meter on your defender,slow the game down,then perform a move,could be a easy move.
I always play the worst when the game is back and forth

Back
Top Bottom