The Master League adventures thread

Indeed, I was scratching my head trying to find what was wrong. Today I played posession based football, it worked. Then I remembered how stupid I am, because my intructions on attack are posession based, and I was constantly bombing long balls to my strikers... :TD:. Also, I had instructions for a counter target, wich makes one of my strikers stay far away, waiting for long balls... today I removed that instruction and my team played more compact, wich resulted in more options to pass on all directions.

That makes me thinking, is this really a game, or is it a deep tool to understand the basics of soccer?! Very important, we have to play according the instructions we give to our players. If we want to play long ball, then we have to use proper instructions and positions etc. Tactic seems good, now I just need a boost on my TS to make things better and more effective. It´s too late this season for anything worth mentioning, but it´s a building season. Next year my team must be playing better already, and I hope the results will come.
Good analyse,and yes you're right,needs to be played the way you've set it up
Good luck

3 matches tonight unfortunately against the same team . ... ..Virtus Entella. . ..2 in the Tim cup and one in the League. First one in the cup at my ground. .sunny day football which I don't like. . . a boring 0-0 with very little chances....next up the second leg at their ground .. . . night game . . . .won easily 0-2 to go through to the next round and push my TS up to 74 .. a very good goal from a new signing .. .got a few of the new boys from the youth team. .. . hope they're not regens .. . though some of the names sound makey up. . have a decent squad now. .. . .and sold a few not so great players and bought in some defenders with potential . . .anyway league match against Virtus I won 1-0 in a canter. . controlled the match from start to finish.

My opinion so far on professional is that it can be too easy at times but it's open and enjoyable at the same time . .. I might stay on it for a while as I'm enjoying winning for a change .. .one thing I have noticed on Professional is that my shooting is way more accurate than on Top Player and the same for passing.

If they had a middle level between Professional and Top player it would be ideal.
Great news baby,out of the basement?
You're right about the shooting/passing,when I switched to top player,I've had 10+ game on it,felt that my passing dropped for a while,back now though,but you're right on that.
Keep at it,have fun Dec,I love proffesional,the game plays beutiful on it,even if I'm on TP now

Played another few games.

First up was Brighton 0 v Barnsley 0, 4th verses 13th. A really boring game. We're no good highlights to record.

Next was Burton (6th) 2 v Barnsley (11th) 1. I was so frustrated in this game. I had been having all the play but couldn't create much. Then they broke and scored, Hrazdil (17). We equalised through R. Williams (28).

Then something quite funny happened...this...

The funny thing is I was unaware what happen until Peter says "fires it in low" then I realised the ball was still in play.

Highlight of the match for especially as O'Grady won it for them in the 69th minute.

At this point I was getting a little fed up with my formation of 4-5-1. Not creating much at all. So for my next match I changed to a 4-4-2. With the additional attacking tactic of hug the touch line.

Ok so next it is Round 1 of the Emirates Cup v Brighton.

Played Winnall and Bradshaw up front. It was a difficult match again. Getting frustrated at not being able to play a good final ball. It's like I can pass well all over the pitch but in the final third I struggle. I thought 'let me play quick passing for a change'. Then this happened...

Fantastic one two between Winnall and Bradshaw. Probably for me the best goal I've scored so far. Really enjoyed it.

Then in the 2nd half they were closing me down all over but we were getting breaks on the wings. Then this happened...

Another assist from Bradshaw to Winnall and the finish was sublime. I actually thought it went wide so for me there was a delayed celebration. We finally had some breathing space.

Again they were coming at me but we were hitting them on the break constantly. Next goal would be important. This was it...

An own goal Bruno, fantastic!!! 3-0 and through to play Watford away in the next round.

I refuse to go up a level until we get, if we get, promotion.

Next up is a home game v Derby County (17th v 19th)
Great goal by Winnall,feels great huh?
One thing I've done lately,when I've "nailed" my passing (kinda..) is watching less radar and more my players,you can read how they run after a while,and also how they signal were to,so timing it makes it easy,or easier to score/create

So beat Bologna twice in the cup 1-0 and 4-0
By now I'm full of confidence and playing well.
Next up Chievo at home
Started great,scored in the 7th on a corner,Bacca 1-0
A few minutes later,Bacca on the head,post,keeper and out.
Things felt good
Then they started shooting from distance,creating corners.
2nd corner,far post,Antonelli lost the battle and inglese made it 1-1
By now they've started to play dirty,and having the whole team in their last third.

2nd half a long cross,that Antonelli lost,inglese again.headed it in for 2-1
Had to start pressing them,got them pinned down,but so hard to break down,had to resort to crossing and outside shooting,and they really worked their ass off,not letting anything through.
Of course, they did a number on me,played it long centrally,Antonelli,yes that bastard again,missed his tackle,and they got in on goal and scored 3-1.
By now I had pretty much given up,just finish off the game,got a great chance in the final minutes,but post and out.
3-1 Chievo
Didn't really see that coming,maybe a good wake up call.
I've had 7 straight wins before this.
Got dirty Empoli next game,so they will deffo get a hiding
And Antonelli?
He's buried somewhere in my second squad,he's done his this season for sure

Master League Chapter 5: Season 2 Finale
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
Team: Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players (2014-15 OF)
Dificulty: 6 stars

In this chapter you will find out if I made it or not at the end of Season 2 =)
Read on

In the final league game of season 2 Vs Fulhamm (who was fighting for promotion) I start dominating and go up 2-0 but end up conceding the come back to 2-3, don't ask me why.

Feeling dejected, the only positive is that when the off season comes I realize i can actually book 8 friendly matches and not 5 like i remembered!

So with 6,001 pts currently and needing 10,403 I have 8 games against the weakest teams I could find to get the missing 4,402 pts so there' still hope!

1st friendly (Vs Balckburn Rovers)
I dominate possession the whole game, they create almost no chances.
Win 2-0 with a great curling FK from 20m (my first FK goal in this ML)

2nd friendly (Vs Stutgart)
Its a very even game with me scoring first and then the CPU coming level for 1-1
I win 2-1 with another FK from 20m in almost the same position as last game!
A precious win.

Finances:
I release my 3rd GK and don't renew contract with an underused CMF.
This lowers my salary bill to 9,756 points.
After winning the 1st 2 friendlies I now have 7,251pts
My hopes are up, I only need 2,505 from the remaining 6 friendlies =)
If things go super well might even consider trying to bring in a new CF to boost my scoring record next season

3rd friendly (Vs Herenven)
They defend very well and I cant break them down.
After 80 minutes they score in a counter.
My players are really tired and another counter attack gives them the 2-0 win.
ok, i cant afford too many losses...

4th friendly (Vs Hertha Barlin)
I dominate the 1st half and go up 2-0 then switch to a defensive formation for the second half. That seems to invite pressure, and they dominate scoring 2 late goals for a deserved draw.

5th friendly (Vs SD Paderborn) Who are they?
My OMF is in low condition and tired so I move my DMF up to OMF.
He has the game of his life making frequent runs into the box and putting us up 2-0
This time i keep the formation and manage to hold for the win, despite the CPU throwing everything at us.

3 matches left and I still need 1,225 pts
One win and one draw should be enough!
Light at the end of the tunnel

6th friendly (Vs Werder Bremen)
They have a really attacking formation and cause me problems the whole match.
But somehow i manage to come out of the 1st half 1-0 up.
On the second half they bring on a tall CF and start crossing ball after ball into the box. I cannot hold and they do the comeback 1-2.

I cant lose any of the last to games or its game over.

7th friendly (Vs Fc Koln)
They play an agressive 4-3-3 and start creating chance after chance.
I immediately change to a more defensive setup and try for dear life to hold on.
Slowly I start to do patient build ups to exploit the numerical advantage I have in midfield and end up going 2-0 and holding for the win.

Final test to come im still missing 297pts which means that i need at least a draw...

8th friendly (Vs SC Freiburg)
I score early (7th minute) and the game is really balanced with the CPU attacking in numbers. But in this one I defend masterfully and end up scoring the second and defending with everything i got.

WE ARE SAVED!
The game ends and the salary is paid with 536 pts to spare
Southampton lives another year!

Read on

In the final league game of season 2 Vs Fulhamm (who was fighting for promotion) I start dominating and go up 2-0 but end up conceding the come back to 2-3, don't ask me why.

Feeling dejected, the only positive is that when the off season comes I realize i can actually book 8 friendly matches and not 5 like i remembered!

So with 6,001 pts currently and needing 10,403 I have 8 games against the weakest teams I could find to get the missing 4,402 pts so there' still hope!

Its a very even game with me scoring first and then the CPU coming level for 1-1
A precious win.

Finances:
If things go super well might even consider trying to bring in a new CF to boost my scoring record next season

I dominate the 1st half and go up 2-0 then switch to a defensive formation for the second half. That seems to invite pressure, and they dominate scoring 2 late goals for a deserved draw.

He has the game of his life making frequent runs into the box and putting us up 2-0
This time i keep the formation and manage to hold for the win, despite the CPU throwing everything at us.

On the second half they bring on a tall CF and start crossing ball after ball into the box. I cannot hold and they do the comeback 1-2.

I immediately change to a more defensive setup and try for dear life to hold on.
Slowly I start to do patient build ups to exploit the numerical advantage I have in midfield and end up going 2-0 and holding for the win.

Final test to come im still missing 297pts which means that i need at least a draw...

I score early (7th minute) and the game is really balanced with the CPU attacking in numbers. But in this one I defend masterfully and end up scoring the second and defending with everything i got.

WE ARE SAVED!
Phuuuuw...close one.
Good job mate.
You must be exhausted after a season like that.
Looking fw to your next season

Next up Chievo at home
Things felt good
By now they've started to play dirty,and having the whole team in their last third.

Had to start pressing them,got them pinned down,but so hard to break down,had to resort to crossing and outside shooting,and they really worked their ass off,not letting anything through.
Of course, they did a number on me,played it long centrally,Antonelli,yes that bastard again,missed his tackle,and they got in on goal and scored 3-1.
By now I had pretty much given up,just finish off the game,got a great chance in the final minutes,but post and out.
3-1 Chievo
And Antonelli?

Yep definitely a wake up call. I remember on PES5 that used to happen. I would be thinking maybe I can go unbeaten and then suddenly you will get a defeat from nowhere. I like that because it happens in real life too.

So Antonelli's career, is it over? All will be revealed in the coming weeks. I love these sub plots that appear through our imagination.

Read on

A precious win.

Finances:

WE ARE SAVED!

I really loved this post. Almost wanted me to start playing PES5 again but cannot handle all that editing to keep it up to scratch. In this game the friendlies are so important. Really pleased you made it fella. Maybe drop the level for the next season to build up the team again because it may be a tough one.

Back to PES2017, regarding being able to win the ball back easy on Prof. Yes you guys are right but personally I try to hold back from doing that. It's a little handy cap that I give myself.

Played another few games.

First up was Brighton 0 v Barnsley 0, 4th verses 13th. A really boring game. We're no good highlights to record.

Next was Burton (6th) 2 v Barnsley (11th) 1. I was so frustrated in this game. I had been having all the play but couldn't create much. Then they broke and scored, Hrazdil (17). We equalised through R. Williams (28).

Then something quite funny happened...this...

The funny thing is I was unaware what happen until Peter says "fires it in low" then I realised the ball was still in play.

Highlight of the match for especially as O'Grady won it for them in the 69th minute.

At this point I was getting a little fed up with my formation of 4-5-1. Not creating much at all. So for my next match I changed to a 4-4-2. With the additional attacking tactic of hug the touch line.

Ok so next it is Round 1 of the Emirates Cup v Brighton.

Played Winnall and Bradshaw up front. It was a difficult match again. Getting frustrated at not being able to play a good final ball. It's like I can pass well all over the pitch but in the final third I struggle. I thought 'let me play quick passing for a change'. Then this happened...

Fantastic one two between Winnall and Bradshaw. Probably for me the best goal I've scored so far. Really enjoyed it.

Then in the 2nd half they were closing me down all over but we were getting breaks on the wings. Then this happened...

Another assist from Bradshaw to Winnall and the finish was sublime. I actually thought it went wide so for me there was a delayed celebration. We finally had some breathing space.

Again they were coming at me but we were hitting them on the break constantly. Next goal would be important. This was it...

An own goal Bruno, fantastic!!! 3-0 and through to play Watford away in the next round.

I refuse to go up a level until we get, if we get, promotion.

Next up is a home game v Derby County (17th v 19th)

Love this post.

Geeeee, what camera settings are you on please?

Thanks bluewomble, sorry I forgot you asked earlier. I'm at work at the moment but think it's Broadcast 20 height and 0 zoom. I will check when I get home.

Next up Chievo at home
Things felt good

3-1 Chievo
And Antonelli?

Ahh give the man a second chance lol. Maybe he´ll come back to a good form. Like I said before, matches flow very dependent on motivation issues, both individual and group. It´s like he are real coaches here, and have to find a way for our players to feel good.

Today´s match (I still didn´t finished, didn´t had the time, but played till 85´), Newcastle away. Checking at Newcastle´s individual player ratings I immediatly knew I had no chance. Kept my tactics with tight marking, swarm the box, posession style and plyed the match very easily, taking my time. Newcastle came with everything on me, looking for an early goal, made a few half chances, two in corners, but didn´t score. Meanwhile, we couldn´t get near the box, cause they were getting back as soon as they lost posession, so not much space there to explore. Polter and Chery where out of form, so I used Zoua (transfered in the begining) and Washington. They have average/good ratings for my team, but I needed Polter, he´s very good looking for spaces and holding the ball. Always gives some kind of trouble to the opponents defence, even though he doesn´t score often.

Anyway, I ketp making my game ad Newcastle was loosing hope on theirs. It´s a hell of a good team, but my defensive system worked, and in seconf half they played defensive, launching long balls on the counter, wich didn´t work because I work with a deep defense that has been really hard to beat on aerial balls. Sandro helps a lot there too. They were playing with wide defense so I couldn´t explore the flanks very well, a cross here and there but nothing dangerous. Interesting, while they have lowered their rithm, I had a couple good chances... a dangerous corner tiped away and a close freekick. I´m almost shure I could have scored that one, but Chery was out, had no one else to kick it perfectly so it went wide.

Very good match, really felt the tactic kicking in. Still 5 mins to go, but I believe it will stay 0-0, wich is not bad against a top Newcastle.

Ahh give the man a second chance lol. Maybe he´ll come back to a good form. Like I said before, matches flow very dependent on motivation issues, both individual and group. It´s like he are real coaches here, and have to find a way for our players to feel good.

Today´s match (I still didn´t finished, didn´t had the time, but played till 85´), Newcastle away. Checking at Newcastle´s individual player ratings I immediatly knew I had no chance. Kept my tactics with tight marking, swarm the box, posession style and plyed the match very easily, taking my time. Newcastle came with everything on me, looking for an early goal, made a few half chances, two in corners, but didn´t score. Meanwhile, we couldn´t get near the box, cause they were getting back as soon as they lost posession, so not much space there to explore. Polter and Chery where out of form, so I used Zoua (transfered in the begining) and Washington. They have average/good ratings for my team, but I needed Polter, he´s very good looking for spaces and holding the ball. Always gives some kind of trouble to the opponents defence, even though he doesn´t score often.

Anyway, I ketp making my game ad Newcastle was loosing hope on theirs. It´s a hell of a good team, but my defensive system worked, and in seconf half they played defensive, launching long balls on the counter, wich didn´t work because I work with a deep defense that has been really hard to beat on aerial balls. Sandro helps a lot there too. They were playing with wide defense so I couldn´t explore the flanks very well, a cross here and there but nothing dangerous. Interesting, while they have lowered their rithm, I had a couple good chances... a dangerous corner tiped away and a close freekick. I´m almost shure I could have scored that one, but Chery was out, had no one else to kick it perfectly so it went wide.

Very good match, really felt the tactic kicking in. Still 5 mins to go, but I believe it will stay 0-0, wich is not bad against a top Newcastle.

Heh so have you paused it with 5 mins to go? I do that if someone calls or something but then i find the momentum completly goes. Sounds like a good game. I dont mind those nil - nilers.

Heh so have you paused it with 5 mins to go? I do that if someone calls or something but then i find the momentum completly goes. Sounds like a good game. I dont mind those nil - nilers.

Yeah I usually don´t do that. I shouldn´t have started the match, as I knew I had little time to play it all, but the damn console was always whispering at me "play a match... just one... come on! please!!!" I couldn´t resist lol.

On. But i make very little change. In fact i very rarely change to formation 2 and 3 through out the match. I normally just use the one formation with att/def bar. If i need to i change midgame like the old classic way.

So the formation is the same although fluid. .. but whats the point of it Geeee if you're using att/def levels?. . . I'm a bit confused . .is it like when you attack you could be 4-3-3 but when they attack you morph into 4-5-1 or something? Could you
explain?

I would use fluid formation on my tactic only to give diferent roles according to the situation. Example, formation is the same for attack/defense, but Sandro plays like a DM in defensive situations, and changes to MC while attacking. That alone makes them positioning according to the situation. Thing is you need multitasked players. Sandro is a native DM, and if he plays at CM, it drops around 4 points on his rating. I have to consider if the cons are to big. Other than that I don´t mess with fluid formations, but that´s my opinion for my playing style. One has to consider how he want´s the team set, and if the team is actually capable of such instructions.

I would use fluid formation on my tactic only to give diferent roles according to the situation. Example, formation is the same for attack/defense, but Sandro plays like a DM in defensive situations, and changes to MC while attacking. That alone makes them positioning according to the situation. Thing is you need multitasked players. Sandro is a native DM, and if he plays at CM, it drops around 4 points on his rating. I have to consider if the cons are to big. Other than that I don´t mess with fluid formations, but that´s my opinion for my playing style. One has to consider how he want´s the team set, and if the team is actually capable of such instructions.

Ta buddy.

Went for something a little bit different this time, and it's something I think we could all make use of. A nice deep defending counter attacking 4-4-2!

NOTE: I briefly showed the 'Deep Defensive Line' advanced instruction in the video - this can be an option for when you want to be extremely defensive. Using this in unison with lowering your mentality (press down on the d-pad twice) can really help your team sit in and defend a narrow lead. Beware, on occasions it can lead to having to withstand heavier pressure and at times can see pockets of space open up between your defensive and midfield lines.

Played my first ML game as liverpool full manual top player against west brom..they opened the score pretty early on with a through ball and hit first time right side of the box into the far post..good finish in off the post.

I pressed on and then half way through the first half Henderson breaks through centre mid and brings in the defender and then i play a through ball out wide right to Mane, first time cross into the near post and there's Sturridge with a header near post into the net...absolute class goal ...finished 1-1 ..the class was more about the first time bent cross than the finish but it looked great

So the formation is the same although fluid. .. but whats the point of it Geeee if you're using att/def levels?. . . I'm a bit confused . .is it like when you attack you could be 4-3-3 but when they attack you morph into 4-5-1 or something? Could you
explain?

I only make slight adjustments. If I'm honest though you are probably right, what's the point. I did try it at the start with bigger adjustments but then the TS would go from say 50 to 40 or something. So for me ATT/DEF is fine. I wanna attack more then move it right up and everyone moves forward. I'm loving R. Ince at the moment, I have just made him my favourite player and he bought me some cake :DD. I love it when we are losing and without me doing anything he seems to take the game by the scruff of the neck and plays all over the place.

220px-Real_Valladolid_Logo.svg_zpsvqngpw5y.png

Real Valladolid

Blanquivioletas / Albivioletas
(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)
September - Fruitless!
If August bore frustration, then September just bored the fans of Valladolid. First up would be a quick exit from the Copa Del Rey as Valladolid would somehow conspire to lose 2-0 at home to CD Mirandes in one of the most 'one-sided' defeats you will ever see. The return leg saw more Valladolid domination, but again no goals and as such the scoreless draw proved insignificant.

g4_zpsd8wnaymg.png

The league is where the teams priorities lie though and it would be a chance for the Valladolid faithful to see their team in action for the first time in La Liga 2 this year as they hosted Sevilla Atletico (i.e. Sevilla's B team).

Once again it should and could have been a hatful for the hosts, but Sevilla held out and although the 0-0 draw would give Valladolid their first league point of the campaign, its a mere consolation.

g5_zps3gihx2bg.png

Rayo Vallecano would be the next team to visit the Jose Zorrilla and for the 2nd league game running (3rd game overall) there would be no goals to report on. Once again Valladolid would rue missed chances, as the supposed attacking additions made to improve the teams firepower, shot more blanks than a hospitals vasectomy ward.

So with 2pts and 1 goal from 5 games, everything would be setup nicely for the local derby with Numancia.... or so they thought. This time Valladolid didnt have things go their way, infact the frantic tie would hinge on a 2nd half decision that saw Luisimi sent off for a brutal tackle on Numancia's Javier Acuna.

g6_zpsxsvarl8z.png

Once Valladolid went down to 10-men it was only a matter of time before the inevitable and the eventual 2-0 loss would probably flatter the visitors as Acuna nabbed a double (should have been 3), a bitter end to a frustrating month.

October will now prove pivotal for the club, not only do they need to somehow get a win, but also start finding the net. Confidence is at an all time low, the chances are coming, but taking them is another matter. On the fixture front it wont get easier with a trip to Mallorca to start things off, before home games against Cadiz and Gimnastic, sandwich a trip to Elche.

September Results:
(H) 0-2 CD Mirandes (Copa Del Rey 1st Round, 1st Leg)
(A) 0-0 CD Mirandes (Cope Del Rey 1st Round, 2nd Leg)
(H) 0-0 Sevilla Atletico
(H) 0-0 Rayo Vallecano
(A) 0-2 Numancia

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes.

Report on match: Atlético Tucumán - Olimpo

Highlight reel

Summary

bali-santa-surfing-nye-2015-in-bali.jpg

Christmas came to Olimpo early this year.

Atlético began by pushing on bad. We slowed them down by controlling possession. During the first 20 minutes they had a few shots, but otherwise we defended gallantly. However, no shots from us during these 20'.

We first tried long ball counterattack tactics, but Atlético defenders casually won all long ball efforts. (Long balls felt absolutely hopeless.) So we switched to short ball counters. At 24' something beautiful happened. A counter attack attempt lead to a throw, which we took quickly. AMF Gallarjo played the ball to our strong target CF Gaona Lugo, who passes the ball to our star player Perez Guedes, at the edge of the box. And he one-times a rocket: gooooooaaaallll!! What a moment.

We drop down to defend. For the rest of the first half we hang on ok. But the second half is absolutely brutal. Wave after wave of attacks by Atlético. But our second hero carries an apt name: Champagne. Our goalie saves us again and again. Top corner shot, bottom corner shot, shot from up close. Not surprisingly, he is crowned man of the match.

A miracle away victory. We are very lucky indeed. Our goal is our only shot on goal (out of a total of two shots).

http://imgur.com/kFBtNnj

Another report coming soon.

Team - Barnsley
Level - Prof
Controls - Full Manual

Not really having much time to post. But just played 2 fantastic games in the league.

Played at home to Derby (17th v 19th)
Went 2-0 up in the first half Morsey (28) and Hammill (33) and we were cruising. Even thinking of upping the Level.

Second half we looked like getting a third. But then in the 57th minute I did a bad pass across to my defender. And the Derby player whipped in. Williams (my new signing) had to bring him down. Not sent off or even booked but a penalty. Bryson scored.

It then became very tight and then in the 80th minute they put a cross in which everyone missed. So there was a chase on between my defender and their striker and I caught him just in the box. Another penalty. Bryson scores 2-2.

Straight after we hit the post then they almost scored at the other end. It was a fantastic last 10 mins. But both teams held on 2-2.

Next up we were at home to Huddersfield (17th v 5th)

Looking at their stats. In 6 matches they had only scored 4 goals and conceded 1 and yet they had 4 wins 1 draw and 1 loss.

I thought I was in for a boring game. Was I ever.

They went 1-0 up with T. Smith (15) then they started defending but we was able to win a corner with our brilliant R. Ince making a wonderful strong run. From the corner Janko scored a stunner. My best goal yet...

1-1 (20)

But then it was like I had hit a wasps nest. They were coming at me with everything. Then from a corner I. Paurevic scored with a header (27). 1-2.

Then they sat back to defend again. But I was able to nick the ball in their half. I said I try not to do that earlier but sometimes you just have to. Played Bradshaw in and he scored (40)

Half time 2-2

Then in the 51st minute they sprayed a cross field pass to the right side and their player twinkle toed into the box and lifted the ball over to I. Paurevic to volley home what turned out to be the winner.

It was a great game my best yet. Can't put the level up yet. It is just right. Loving this game. Next up Wigan v Barnsley (24th v 19th)

I only make slight adjustments. If I'm honest though you are probably right, what's the point. I did try it at the start with bigger adjustments but then the TS would go from say 50 to 40 or something. So for me ATT/DEF is fine. I wanna attack more then move it right up and everyone moves forward. I'm loving R. Ince at the moment, I have just made him my favourite player and he bought me some cake :DD. I love it when we are losing and without me doing anything he seems to take the game by the scruff of the neck and plays all over the place.

I tried it out anyway Geeee and tried Matt's 5 second thingy a nd played a match and the pace was slowed down nice but I lost 2-0 to Chievo and I was cursing Matt . .but then I had a 2 legged Tim cup against Rock's Ac Milan. . . .wow 2 great games I have them saved and will put up clips tomorrow .. . To make it short I led 1-0 at my place with a great snap shot and then they showed their class in the second half to score a great equaliser and then winner 1-2 . . . . second leg at their patch I went ahead 1-0 and it was a great incident packed game I nearly went 2 up at one stage . ..chances at both ends went out 2-2 on aggregate away goal. . .. .what a match . Thanks for your advice Geee . . .you're a good lad.

I tried it out anyway Geeee and tried Matt's 5 second thingy a nd played a match and the pace was slowed down nice but I lost 2-0 to Chievo and I was cursing Matt . .but then I had a 2 legged Tim cup against Rock's Ac Milan. . . .wow 2 great games I have them saved and will put up clips tomorrow .. . To make it short I led 1-0 at my place with a great snap shot and then they showed their class in the second half to score a great equaliser and then winner 1-2 . . . . second leg at their patch I went ahead 1-0 and it was a great incident packed game I nearly went 2 up at one stage . ..chances at both ends went out 2-2 on aggregate away goal. . .. .what a match . Thanks for your advice Geee . . .you're a good lad.

I'm pleased it worked out OK for you. I tried Matt's 5 thingy too but that was during my 6, 7, and 8 nil drubbings so I stopped it since then.

Have you had any joy with the YouTube clips? I remember before I had an iPad I just copied the address bar and pasted it into my post. Sometimes it embedded and sometimes not. Couldn't really work out how to do it. Since I've got my tablet it is just copy link and it embeds automatically.

I know I keep on about this game. But I have not had a buzz like this since PES5. I'm really looking forward to gaining promotion even if it takes about 10 seasons. I remember in PES5 it was such an achievement to get promotion and to be playing against the big boys, Henry etc...and then qualifying for the Champions League and playing Barcelona etc...

But in this you can also manage different teams which is something I'm looking forward to doing eventually. But I want to take Barnsley as far as I can and see what happens from there.

That last match I had against Huddersfield there was so many wow moments. I was literally saying out loud "what a game this is!". I find it quite amazing how the CPU team's tactics can just change depending on the game. For example, I use "hug the touch line" (think that's what it is called) because I like the space it brings to the game and I love spreading those cross field passes. But the last goal Huddersfield got, they did exactly the same thing to me. The guy was on his own and they just spread the pass over. It was great "thinking" by the CPU and it really caught me out. I just had to admire what I saw. The pass the player played was inch perfect but on another day it could be over hit. So many random things happen in this.

Loving it loving it loving it!

Olimpo dream

Report on match: Olimpo - Boca Juniors

Highlight reel (of sorts)

Summary

greatdanechi.jpg

We faced a giant. The hightlight reel above is favourable to our events.

I really enjoyed this match. Had we not f**ked up completely in that 0-2 goal, and with slightly sharper attacking, taking one point would have been feasible.

But Boca are sharp. Let's face it: they have Tevez up front. You know, the little devil that spins around your (in this case, my) defenders.

Up to the 0-1 goal we had some decent chances. What was pleasant that Boca allowed us to play some ball. (In the previous match Atlético didn't.) Then maybe we were a bit soft for a second, and they penalized us immediately. Nice goal.

The 0-2 goal is horrible. I was just stuck with the jockey button held down, watching the events played out in front of my eyes. That was completely deserved after my controller paralysis. I mean, trying to concentrate for 20 min is taxing my old nervous system.

Still, we got exactly the number of points we expected from this match, and it was much more fun than I expected. Kudos to Konami again.

Olimpo dream

Report on match: Atlético Tucumán - Olimpo

Highlight reel

Summary

bali-santa-surfing-nye-2015-in-bali.jpg

Christmas came to Olimpo early this year.

Atlético began by pushing on bad. We slowed them down by controlling possession. During the first 20 minutes they had a few shots, but otherwise we defended gallantly. However, no shots from us during these 20'.

We first tried long ball counterattack tactics, but Atlético defenders casually won all long ball efforts. (Long balls felt absolutely hopeless.) So we switched to short ball counters. At 24' something beautiful happened. A counter attack attempt lead to a throw, which we took quickly. AMF Gallarjo played the ball to our strong target CF Gaona Lugo, who passes the ball to our star player Perez Guedes, at the edge of the box. And he one-times a rocket: gooooooaaaallll!! What a moment.

We drop down to defend. For the rest of the first half we hang on ok. But the second half is absolutely brutal. Wave after wave of attacks by Atlético. But our second hero carries an apt name: Champagne. Our goalie saves us again and again. Top corner shot, bottom corner shot, shot from up close. Not surprisingly, he is crowned man of the match.

A miracle away victory. We are very lucky indeed. Our goal is our only shot on goal (out of a total of two shots).

http://imgur.com/kFBtNnj

Another report coming soon.

Wonderful saves from your keeper . ..well done.

I'm pleased it worked out OK for you. I tried Matt's 5 thingy too but that was during my 6, 7, and 8 nil drubbings so I stopped it since then.

Have you had any joy with the YouTube clips? I remember before I had an iPad I just copied the address bar and pasted it into my post. Sometimes it embedded and sometimes not. Couldn't really work out how to do it. Since I've got my tablet it is just copy link and it embeds automatically.

I know I keep on about this game. But I have not had a buzz like this since PES5. I'm really looking forward to gaining promotion even if it takes about 10 seasons. I remember in PES5 it was such an achievement to get promotion and to be playing against the big boys, Henry etc...and then qualifying for the Champions League and playing Barcelona etc...

But in this you can also manage different teams which is something I'm looking forward to doing eventually. But I want to take Barnsley as far as I can and see what happens from there.

That last match I had against Huddersfield there was so many wow moments. I was literally saying out loud "what a game this is!". I find it quite amazing how the CPU team's tactics can just change depending on the game. For example, I use "hug the touch line" (think that's what it is called) because I like the space it brings to the game and I love spreading those cross field passes. But the last goal Huddersfield got, they did exactly the same thing to me. The guy was on his own and they just spread the pass over. It was great "thinking" by the CPU and it really caught me out. I just had to admire what I saw. The pass the player played was inch perfect but on another day it could be over hit. So many random things happen in this.

Loving it loving it loving it!

I put up a vid last night against Ternana . .did you not see it?

Great clips lads the thread is buzzing . . .get that Rock fella to put up a few.. .as Bunny said in platoon . .let's do the whole fuckin' village!

Back
Top Bottom