The Master League adventures thread

What difficulty are you guys playing on?

I find Top Player is difficult - I've lost my last three in a row (as Hull) - but then I drew with Man United, and felt like it wasn't quite right.

But Superstar seems full of first-touch passes and psychic powers to me!

Top Player for me . . . it was always Superstar with past Pes editions but it's just too hard now

I find Top Player is difficult - I've lost my last three in a row (as Hull) - but then I drew with Man United, and felt like it wasn't quite right.

Im on easy peasy lemon squeezy. Seriously Professional for me until my TS moves up. Deco is probably on Superduper star with default players and full manual :)

The more i listen to Peter Dury the funnier i find him. I can imagine watching a real footy game and just start laughing because he says "who's gonna get there first"

I use my ipad with the vids Deco. I just select "copy link" and i come on here and paste it. Not sure about PC's though.

Dont know where Elja is :(

Geee is that the embed link or the plain Youtube one?. .. .I use a laptop and tried the second one that i mentioned and it came up as link broken.

Geee is that the embed link or the plain Youtube one?. .. .I use a laptop and tried the second one that i mentioned and it came up as link broken.
On my ipad it is in the top right hand corner with a kinda of 'whoosh arrow' i press it and it says 'copy link' than i press that and it says 'success'.

I would show a picture but i dont know how to :P

On my ipad it is in the top right hand corner with a kinda of 'whoosh arrow' i press it and it says 'copy link' than i press that and it says 'success'.

I would show a picture but i dont know how to :P

A whoosh arrow? Now I'm really confused . . .. I'm just looking at the youtube site from a laptop and when it says 'share' the big plain Youtube one comes up in a box but then others say use the embed box and drop the s which I did last night but the link was scrawled across my post and looked weird and might I add unprofessional lol.

A whoosh arrow? Now I'm really confused . . .. I'm just looking at the youtube site from a laptop and when it says 'share' the big plain Youtube one comes up in a box but then others say use the embed box and drop the s which I did last night but the link was scrawled across my post and looked weird and might I add unprofessional lol.

If you have an android or iphone, download the app and it should make it easier. :)

Ok major update, so I´ll try to make it short.

Had a long session since my latest update, first match against Wolves. I knew it was going to be hard, they had fast wingers and they were giving me trouble all the time. Worse, they scored soon so I had to push up, and as a result, it was a one way match. I had posession but couldn´t do anything great with it. Gladon was a constant threat and I was always being caught with their speed. had no chance on this one.

Wolves 2-0 QPR
----------------------------------------------------

Next, Sheffield U away. Started god, taking our chances. Zoua and Niellendner were slowly becoming important on this match, and after a couple attempts from long range, came an oportunity on my box for Sheffield. The ball wasn´t kicked away and Hunt, with an individual play, finds the net and leaves us in shock. Second half and we didn´t quit, kept our calm and made our game. Henry (DM) and Polter were trying to get there, but no luck on the shots. All of a sudden, things started runing really well, passes, runs... great moves from QPR, and in a ball recovery in the opponents half, we finally scored. Wehad a boost from that goal so we looked for the next one. 78´ and a bit mistake from Sheffield´s defence... Corner to QPR and they let Niellendner completely alone in the box. Perfect header to 1-2.

Sheffield U. 1-2 QPR

Now things started to go wrong... really wrong. First against Reading, in our owm house. Team was very diferent, and lack of creativity was a problem all over the pitch. Reading score twice in a short period of time and we simply could not do anything. Only rough attempts wishing for the best. We did score in a corner, but thank to a GK mistake who couldn´t hold the ball properly after Polter´s header. Our keeper on the other hand, saved us from a bigger result for Reading.

QPR 1 - 2 Reading

Next, Preston North End, sitting low in the league table, was a chance for us to get up and get things runing, right...?
Wrong, depiste being favorites for this one, we were playing like amateurs, got totally dominated in shots and pass %. A sad and empty game with no goals. 2 points lost.

QPR 0-0 Preston NE

To get things even worse, we met the league leaders, Norwich City. They had lots of chances, we only had two shots total, so things were not good for us. We had an early goal, great move by Polter in a corner kick, reaches the ball before the keeper and flicks it in. 1-0 at 7 mins. We knew we weren´t playing very well and this was a motivated team, so we defended for the rest of the match. Our defence clearly has problems covering space and later in the match Norwich manages to score. 1-1, lots of fouls, not so bad result after all.

QPR 1-1 Norwich City
-----------------------------------------------------

FA Cup, against Leeds. We know, this was a cup game, so it had to be harder. We fought well, but Leeds was the one who scored. Could go either way, but in the end we lost... oh well, that´s football.

Leeds 1-0 QPR

Barnsley at home. We dominated this match, but Barnsley scored first. Once again, our defence keeps leting those through balls easily in. We created chances and Barnsley was stoping them, almost aways with fouls, with led to yellows and a red for their side. One of the fouls gives the oportunity to Chery to do what he does best... and he did it, freekick = 1-1. Rest of the match was a mix of failled attempts and fight club. Should have won this one...

QPR 1-1 Barnsley

Finally, home match against Blackburn Rovers. Changed some things on the formation to make it more stable in defense, It seemed to have worked. We played defensively and kept our posession. It resulted in a boring game, but we finally won. Goal was a lucky moment though, the defense tried to cut the pass and instead it made an assist to Polter. Still have to improve alot!!!

QPR 1-0 Blackburn

Ok major update, so I´ll try to make it short.

Had a long session since my latest update, first match against Wolves. I knew it was going to be hard, they had fast wingers and they were giving me trouble all the time. Worse, they scored soon so I had to push up, and as a result, it was a one way match. I had posession but couldn´t do anything great with it. Gladon was a constant threat and I was always being caught with their speed. had no chance on this one.

Wolves 2-0 QPR

Next, Sheffield U away. Started god, taking our chances. Zoua and Niellendner were slowly becoming important on this match, and after a couple attempts from long range, came an oportunity on my box for Sheffield. The ball wasn´t kicked away and Hunt, with an individual play, finds the net and leaves us in shock. Second half and we didn´t quit, kept our calm and made our game. Henry (DM) and Polter were trying to get there, but no luck on the shots. All of a sudden, things started runing really well, passes, runs... great moves from QPR, and in a ball recovery in the opponents half, we finally scored. Wehad a boost from that goal so we looked for the next one. 78´ and a bit mistake from Sheffield´s defence... Corner to QPR and they let Niellendner completely alone in the box. Perfect header to 1-2.

Sheffield U. 1-2 QPR

Now things started to go wrong... really wrong. First against Reading, in our owm house. Team was very diferent, and lack of creativity was a problem all over the pitch. Reading score twice in a short period of time and we simply could not do anything. Only rough attempts wishing for the best. We did score in a corner, but thank to a GK mistake who couldn´t hold the ball properly after Polter´s header. Our keeper on the other hand, saved us from a bigger result for Reading.

QPR 1 - 2 Reading

Next, Preston North End, sitting low in the league table, was a chance for us to get up and get things runing, right...?
Wrong, depiste being favorites for this one, we were playing like amateurs, got totally dominated in shots and pass %. A sad and empty game with no goals. 2 points lost.

QPR 0-0 Preston NE

To get things even worse, we met the league leaders, Norwich City. They had lots of chances, we only had two shots total, so things were not good for us. We had an early goal, great move by Polter in a corner kick, reaches the ball before the keeper and flicks it in. 1-0 at 7 mins. We knew we weren´t playing very well and this was a motivated team, so we defended for the rest of the match. Our defence clearly has problems covering space and later in the match Norwich manages to score. 1-1, lots of fouls, not so bad result after all.

QPR 1-1 Norwich City

FA Cup, against Leeds. We know, this was a cup game, so it had to be harder. We fought well, but Leeds was the one who scored. Could go either way, but in the end we lost... oh well, that´s football.

Leeds 1-0 QPR

Barnsley at home. We dominated this match, but Barnsley scored first. Once again, our defence keeps leting those through balls easily in. We created chances and Barnsley was stoping them, almost aways with fouls, with led to yellows and a red for their side. One of the fouls gives the oportunity to Chery to do what he does best... and he did it, freekick = 1-1. Rest of the match was a mix of failled attempts and fight club. Should have won this one...

QPR 1-1 Barnsley

Finally, home match against Blackburn Rovers. Changed some things on the formation to make it more stable in defense, It seemed to have worked. We played defensively and kept our posession. It resulted in a boring game, but we finally won. Goal was a lucky moment though, the defense tried to cut the pass and instead it made an assist to Polter. Still have to improve alot!!!

QPR 1-0 Blackburn

Great post. . .if you couldn't beat Sheffield utd with God on your side . . what can I say?

I´m still in an interior battle to decide what to do. I thought about going down to Professional level, and that could make my day, but I also know that on the long run, when my team gets a better TS, it might become too easy and I don´t want that too. Might just drop the match time though, 20 minutes seems too long sometimes. Still thinking...

Great post. . .if you couldn't beat Sheffield utd with God on your side . . what can I say?

Problem is all these draws and losses left me in a complicated position, 14th I believe, with 11 points behind the first place already. I don´t expect to win the league in this dificulty right from the start, but damn I was hoping to fight for promotion. Guess this one is gone already.

The more i listen to Peter Dury the funnier i find him. I can imagine watching a real footy game and just start laughing because he says "who's gonna get there first"

I use my ipad with the vids Deco. I just select "copy link" and i come on here and paste it. Not sure about PC's though.

Dont know where Elja is :(
Should be the same system on PC
Just press the arrow (bent to the right) and then press copy link.
When you've get back here,just right click and paste it in
Acctually tried to search for a video on it,on YouTube,no good result,just a bunch of screaming kids

Yes it is a very tough game with the defaults and I think with the changes I made to stats. You may have to drop to 5 stars if you game over. Hopefully not.

Also, same as PES5 there is a bug where the CPU doesn't make any offers. It's funny how when this game first came out I never noticed it until I read forums like this. It's strange how your imagination can carry you away so that you don't notice some things.

Ok with my ML.

Next game at home to Blackburn we are 4th and they are 22nd. Really boring game in the first half as I couldn't string 2 passes together. Blackburn continued to attack down my right hand side. Even the commentator noticed it, I noticed it at half time in the stats, but I didn't change anything. What happens, a cross from our right and Stokes scores (49) a header. Good goal actually. The silly thing is is that I still didn't address it. There was a great piece of action after when their player beat the GK and hit the post, it came out to their player who shot with my GK nowhere but my defender slid and cleared it off the line. I was hoping it recorded but unfortunately I didn't realise you can only record 15 mins on PS4 :(

Anyway I notch the Attack Bar up one level, and Ince our new CM is all over the pitch, he is back, he is forward, he is on the left and right. He is fantastic. And look forward to seeing how he develops.

Yiadom had a great effort cutting in from the right getting Dury shouting out..."Elhamadyyyy" (He'll have a bit!!!) or whatever he says. Always gets me laughing almost to the point of crying.

Then in the 88 minute Bradshaw scored this beauty for us after I brought him on...

I thought I will go for the winner and Winnall had a chance but shinned it well wide.

They got a free kick in injury time (90+4) and they scored this.... From our right side again. Why didn't I address it? I'm so stupid...

So we lost 1-2. But it was a fantastic 2nd half, TS is up to 58 or 59 can't remember now. We bought D. Williams a CB from Blackburn. Funny enough he was dropped in that game. Maybe coincidence.

Next up Brighton away. They are 4th and we are 13th.
Rough loss mate.
My TS varies from 63-83 depending on which players I use,something tells me to rotate more.
Whiny bastards

Glad you liked it! Here's some more:

Master League Chapter 3:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
Team: Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players (2014-15 OF)
Dificulty: 6 stars
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the shock of D2 cup elimination came the mid season negotiation period.
My financial situation was:
  • current=~4,000 pts
  • needed at end of season =~10,000
It was starting to look very hard to avoid game over by the end of the season.
There would be only 7 league games now that I was out of the Cup.
Each win is worth 800 pts and a draw 400 (+40 points for each goal scored).

Even considering there is the possibility of arranging 5 friendly matches at the end of the season before the salary is paid, it would still be very very hard. I would need at least 8 wins from 12 matches, which seems impossible.

I put my 3rd keeper and one of the higher value CBs on the possible transfer list, to see if the CPU teams might make an offer for them and allow me to reduce the 10,000 points salary target somehow.

But the negotiation weeks went by and no offers came in. (I think there is a bug in WE9LE the CPU never seems to make offers for my players)

I then proceeded to loose or draw the next 4 matches. =(
I had to win so I generally tried to attack more, but the CPU teams killed me on the counter attack every time.
One of the games i managed to claw back a 1-1 draw, but with my tall target man is still out injured (3 weeks left) I had real trouble penetrating the packed CPU defenses.

I tried a different approach splitting the 2 CFs out wide so they would make runs between the CB and SB. And it worked to a point, I had more crossing chances, but usually the crosses didn't produce an end product as i had no strong players to win headers. Only the goal in the 1-1 draw came from a cross, and it was a low cross that resulted in a smashing close range diving header.

For the rest of the season I'm going to try a formation shift to 4-2-3-1 and go all out to attack and implement a new risky Offside Trap to try and contain the counter attacks better.

With the 5 friendlies and if I release some players at the end of the season there might still be a tiny tiny hope to avoid game over.

Which me luck =)
Aah,the points system,good memories.
Sometimes I wish I could find a copy of PES 5 that works with W10.
Such a fun game
Good luck mate

I'm switching between proffesional and top player.
I pretty much play on broadcast camera,so it's a bit tricky,but fun as hell.
I've decided that on my next ML,I'm not touching players above 70-75 ovr,that means I can stick to proffesional which plays great

What sort of match time are you all playing with? Im on 10 minutes at the minute, which feels OK... I mean I can create chances and give up a fair amount, but the scores are normally 0-2 for either side, the odd 3 here and there, but I dont think ive a 4 goal game yet (inc 2-2 or 3-1)

Top Player, Full Manual, so I can account for my limitation in that sense, ie im crap :D

What sort of match time are you all playing with? Im on 10 minutes at the minute, which feels OK... I mean I can create chances and give up a fair amount, but the scores are normally 0-2 for either side, the odd 3 here and there, but I dont think ive a 4 goal game yet (inc 2-2 or 3-1)

Top Player, Full Manual, so I can account for my limitation in that sense, ie im crap :D
I'm on 15,gives ok stats,thinking about going 20
15 works fine for me,the best part is that the game plays a bit different depending on how long games you play

I play 15min matches.

Im currently using Bielsa tactic with false full backs and a false 9.

Cb cb
Rb lb set forward
Dm
Cm right centre
Amf left centre
Rw
Lw
Ss

Creating quite a bit... biggest win on top player was 6 nil... couldnt believe it.. my passing and shooting was on point.

Admittedly my ts was 93... because my captain boosts it.

In the second half of the league and the A.I has upped the ante and are scoring much better goals and the passing is better .. .. which makes everything even more difficult for me. . rooted to the bottom on 50 team spirit .. ..played the leaders Hellas Verona and they beat me 2-0. . .but if they had their shooting boots on it could have been 10. . .. I didn't get a sniff on goal .. . next match against Ternana wasn't as bad but I couldn't score even though they were Down to 10 men 0-0 it ended. I found in those 2 ganes that it was difficult to reach the last third of the pitch never mind the box . .. they cut everything out and won every ball. .. ..scary stuff.

I play 15min matches.

Im currently using Bielsa tactic with false full backs and a false 9.

Cb cb
Rb lb set forward
Dm
Cm right centre
Amf left centre
Rw
Lw
Ss

Creating quite a bit... biggest win on top player was 6 nil... couldnt believe it.. my passing and shooting was on point.

Admittedly my ts was 93... because my captain boosts it.
Nice!

In the second half of the league and the A.I has upped the ante and are scoring much better goals and the passing is better .. .. which makes everything even more difficult for me. . rooted to the bottom on 50 team spirit .. ..played the leaders Hellas Verona and they beat me 2-0. . .but if they had their shooting boots on it could have been 10. . .. I didn't get a sniff on goal .. . next match against Ternana wasn't as bad but I couldn't score even though they were Down to 10 men 0-0 it ended. I found in those 2 ganes that it was difficult to reach the last third of the pitch never mind the box . .. they cut everything out and won every ball. .. ..scary stuff.
Find any tricks to boost the TS?
Certain players raise it if played,and captaining.
Think you can check on each player how they affect the team
Tough shit brother,hang in there

Find any tricks to boost the TS?
Certain players raise it if played,and captaining.
Think you can check on each player how they affect the team
Tough shit brother,hang in there

Yeh I sussed out boosting the TS but then you have red arrows and injuries to contend with ... .it's a shame sometimes having to leave out more gifted higher rated players to accomodate TS ... still enjoying it. . the trick is to play no more than 3 matches a session.

Yeh I sussed out boosting the TS but then you have red arrows and injuries to contend with ... .it's a shame sometimes having to leave out more gifted higher rated players to accomodate TS ... still enjoying it. . the trick is to play no more than 3 matches a session.
That's about my limit aswell,I'm trying to rotate a bit more now,the difference between my preferred 11 and reserves is 83-63 in TS

That's about my limit aswell,I'm trying to rotate a bit more now,the difference between my preferred 11 and reserves is 83-63 in TS

How you getting on in training Rock? I keep putting it on the long finger. .. funny thing is while using training you tend to relax and can get very confident on the ball and passing and shooting . . . until you go back to a real pressured filled match and you forget everything when put on the spot with no time lol.

Back
Top Bottom