The Master League adventures thread

Must train more .. ..had a little session in it tonight and it definitely improves your skills .. found pressing the shoot button twice like performing a knuckleshot gives a hard low shot which causes problems for keepers.
It's a good tip mate.
Think spending 30 min a day doing some practice is a good thing.
Improved my crossing a lot

So I'm about halfway through my season with Liverpool (Professional difficulty) and I find myself swapping 1st and 2nd position with Man City. We can beat teams 5 and 6 nil one match and then the next match get beat. My team spirit is at about 85 give or take, regardless, I've drew and lost many matches where the game simply wont let me win. The CPU will go on a interception-fest, I'll attack and create chances all match but when the game does this, the shooting is just "off"....I can be 3 yards out from goal, with only the goalkeeper to beat and it will shoot wide every single time, no matter how many shots in these games, free headers, placed shots, power shots, everyone of them will fail, yet in other matches the exact same shots will go in no problem, yet in these games they're all wide and way off target? Yet the CPU's shots in these games are all really threatening and on target? Sometimes needing just the one chance to score compared to my 15/20 clear-cut chances in the same game?

"Thats football"

But its happening far too frequently for my liking. Feels like extreme rubberbanding to me. Anyone else getting this?
Had a spell of 3 games being scoreless,been shooting for shit,not much room to do it,and my players are sluggish right now.
Shit happends,frustrating,but you'll get it turned around.

Three games were I've been shit,and not being able to score.
Frustrating,and I've dropped from 3rd to 7th,through to the next round of EL though
Mainz 0-0 AC Milan
AC Milan 0-4 Lazio
AC Milan 0-0 Cagliari
Need to stop the bleeding vs Crotone next game.
Fun,but testing...

Last edited:
So three games without scoring,haven't played well in those either
Had an ok game vs Cagliari.
Next up Crotone away,on sports park,love that stadium,that and Stadio Orione.
They did set up their team kinda stupid,weak midfield,and played 3-4-3.
I did setup mine as usual,a bit more pace on the wings than I usually though.

Started off frantic,pressed them from the start,and it gave result,after losing the ball between the box and halfway line,Montolivo hit it hard out on my left wing,Honda advanced a few steps,outside cross behind their slow back three and my striker got 1vs1 with the keeper for an easy finish.
1-0 11th minute.
In the 25th minute I pressed them on their left wing,stole the ball,crossed it into the box,my striker got a touch on his heel,over to his right foot,2-0

43rd minute I pressed them by the halfway line,2vs1 got the ball,hard pass between their def that were moving up,and on their heels,my striker got the ball,advanced 5-6 m and struck it hard left corner for 3-0

Eased off in the 2nd half just controlled the pace and the ball with ease,they tried to press me,and I went long every time.
83rd minute I did just that,out to my winger Sessegnon,who crossed it in to the box for Suso chested it down,waited for the contact,turned left,got a a meter on the def and placed it in for 4-0

Comfortable game,but when I looked at the stats and the highlights,they had three four good chances,Donnarumma,my 18 year old keeper made a few very good saves.
So,happy to be in the race for European spots next season,and very important for my next two games.
Fiorentina at home,then Inter.
That should be a baptism of fire.
Derby della madoninna, the expecting sheer craziness for that one

Forgive my huge ignorance, but is there a short tutorial video somewhere online (around 15-20mins) that explains 2017 ML mode in a bit of depth? I have NEVER tried ML before but after reading this thread I'm getting the itch.

Your help would be gratefully received.

Anybody else playing Serie A finding the mid table teams the hardest to play? Teams like Torino, Bologna, Sampdoria and dirty Empoli. I went through a streak of 8 games without a win, most were draws and played against these type of teams. Finally abandoned the 3-5-2 with Genoa by switching to 4-2-3-1 (counter attack) for most games except for Pescara/Crotone fixtures where you can dominate with possession and started winning again. TACTICS ARE CRITICAL FOR PES 2017!

After winning a few games in a row I'm back to equal 2nd. 23 games played and only 26 goals scored! My conservative play has me sitting on the meanest defence thus far. A real old fashioned Italian grind :D

The team spirit thing is funny. I won a few games in a row and it only went up 2 points, then Miguel Veloso gets the playmaker card and I make him captain and it goes up 17 :D

Finished my first season last night in Serie B. Went into the final game in second place 2 points off the leader, and 1 above 3rd.
Won 5-2 with a hat trick from S Coutinho, with the 3rd being a glorious fully manual 30 yarder whilst dribbling at pace, hit high straight at the keeper with right instep and it curled away, thundered the left post and nestled. My best goal considering.

Finished P42 W25 D3 L14 I lost far, far too many games with scuffy late goals. In the run in, twice I was a goal up with 3 minutes to go and lost due to usual shit goals we've all conceded.

Team top lost, so won the title, but whilst we celebrated there was no trophy in the cutscene which seemed strange. I'm going to get battered in Serie A so better get some money to spend.

Forgive my huge ignorance, but is there a short tutorial video somewhere online (around 15-20mins) that explains 2017 ML mode in a bit of depth? I have NEVER tried ML before but after reading this thread I'm getting the itch.

You can find some videos on youtube, but I wouldn´t worry too much. The biggest depth is on the pitch, and though it might seem too deep to a newcomer, game has help tips coming all over the place to make you comfortable. Try the mode for a bit, and then you could search for help on the parts you need the most. I´m pretty sure you´ll have fun finding things by yourself.

So three games without scoring,haven't played well in those either
Had an ok game vs Cagliari.
Next up Crotone away,on sports park,love that stadium,that and Stadio Orione.
They did set up their team kinda stupid,weak midfield,and played 3-4-3.
I did setup mine as usual,a bit more pace on the wings than I usually though.

Started off frantic,pressed them from the start,and it gave result,after losing the ball between the box and halfway line,Montolivo hit it hard out on my left wing,Honda advanced a few steps,outside cross behind their slow back three and my striker got 1vs1 with the keeper for an easy finish.
1-0 11th minute.
In the 25th minute I pressed them on their left wing,stole the ball,crossed it into the box,my striker got a touch on his heel,over to his right foot,2-0

43rd minute I pressed them by the halfway line,2vs1 got the ball,hard pass between their def that were moving up,and on their heels,my striker got the ball,advanced 5-6 m and struck it hard left corner for 3-0

Eased off in the 2nd half just controlled the pace and the ball with ease,they tried to press me,and I went long every time.
83rd minute I did just that,out to my winger Sessegnon,who crossed it in to the box for Suso chested it down,waited for the contact,turned left,got a a meter on the def and placed it in for 4-0

Comfortable game,but when I looked at the stats and the highlights,they had three four good chances,Donnarumma,my 18 year old keeper made a few very good saves.
So,happy to be in the race for European spots next season,and very important for my next two games.
Fiorentina at home,then Inter.
That should be a baptism of fire.
Derby della madoninna, the expecting sheer craziness for that one

Tough matches coming Rocks! The last match might have just give your guys enough motivation to do a good job for the next weeks... looking forward to see how it goes!

Anybody else playing Serie A finding the mid table teams the hardest to play? Teams like Torino, Bologna, Sampdoria and dirty Empoli. I went through a streak of 8 games without a win, most were draws and played against these type of teams. Finally abandoned the 3-5-2 with Genoa by switching to 4-2-3-1 (counter attack) for most games except for Pescara/Crotone fixtures where you can dominate with possession and started winning again. TACTICS ARE CRITICAL FOR PES 2017!

After winning a few games in a row I'm back to equal 2nd. 23 games played and only 26 goals scored! My conservative play has me sitting on the meanest defence thus far. A real old fashioned Italian grind :D

The team spirit thing is funny. I won a few games in a row and it only went up 2 points, then Miguel Veloso gets the playmaker card and I make him captain and it goes up 17 :D
Mid table teams are always rough as hell to play.
Especially your Genoa,always rough games mate:)

Tough matches coming Rocks! The last match might have just give your guys enough motivation to do a good job for the next weeks... looking forward to see how it goes!
Thanks mate.
Yes need to take a look at the team before going in to that,need a fresh team for inter.
Also have Udinese after.
I'll do em later on

I think you'll pick it up as you go along,any issues,this thread will help you
One thing to think about,get a tactic that suits your players.
You can see how every player understands your tactic,and also when getting new players in,make sure they're custom to it,otherwise your team spirit will drop.
If you're players are use to playing long balls,and attack wide,and you do the opposite,team spirit will drop,it will rise as you go along,cause they get use to it,but having a good team spirit from the start is an advantage
The tactics in this game is very deep and very adaptive

Fiorentina at home,sitting 2nd in the league.
And it being the warm up for my Derby.
Got bit of a chock how passive they played,not really pressing me,letting me build up my play
They threaten me with a few crosses and half chances early on,game pace was kinda low.
Then 18th minute,up their left wing,my winger held the ball,played it back a few meters,got it back,crossed it for Bacca,on his right foot,over to the left,bounced of the ground,onto a leg and in
1-0
Decided to start pressing them soon afterwards,rather than protect my lead,and they made an error,my striker,played it back to MF,my midfielder chipped it over their def line and an oncoming striker had an 1vs1 with the keeper,cool finish right corner for 2-0
They started to apply more and more pressure,a couple of shots that Donnarumma dealt with.
Last chance was a header that touched my upright last minute,but the game ended 2-0

A few things,since my passing is really good atm,it's so much easier to perform a string of moves/passes to create chances.
But I know that will swing both ways,comfy now,but a shit game will bring that down fast.
So next game,vs Inter,yeah that will be rough,expect no time on the ball at all.

I'm in 5th atm,3pts behind Fiorentina who's in second place.
Juventus won't be caught this season,12w 1d 0l and they've only conceded 1 goal so far,and sitting 13pts ahead
Next Inter

I think you'll pick it up as you go along,any issues,this thread will help you
One thing to think about,get a tactic that suits your players.
You can see how every player understands your tactic,and also when getting new players in,make sure they're custom to it,otherwise your team spirit will drop.
If you're players are use to playing long balls,and attack wide,and you do the opposite,team spirit will drop,it will rise as you go along,cause they get use to it,but having a good team spirit from the start is an advantage
The tactics in this game is very deep and very adaptive

I'm rock bottom at the halfway point of the season . . the norm. . . .tactics can work for you and against you. . . .played a couple of matches with a 4-3-3 and nearly won but drew two matches. . . .. dominated both games . .the reason being is that I pushed the 3 forwards very far up top and close together which gave me a lot of space in midfield . . . in another match I tried it again thinking I'd stumbled across a winning formula . . .and it went against me and I lost 2-0 . .it dawned on me that pushing them up in an arrow type formation too far doesn't allow for knock ons only knock backs and you can't play a through ball as such cos they're too far up and are surrounded by defenders. . . this worked perfect in the other couple of games . . . .. is it adaptive play from the A'I ? well if it is then fuck the A'I . . . I can't buy a win . . .tried every tactic under the sun .. . .it has to scripted to give you grief with the default knobs and make your life a misery. . .. I'll continue and take my medicine.

I'm rock bottom at the halfway point of the season . . the norm. . . .tactics can work for you and against you. . . .played a couple of matches with a 4-3-3 and nearly won but drew two matches. . . .. dominated both games . .the reason being is that I pushed the 3 forwards very far up top and close together which gave me a lot of space in midfield . . . in another match I tried it again thinking I'd stumbled across a winning formula . . .and it went against me and I lost 2-0 . .it dawned on me that pushing them up in an arrow type formation too far doesn't allow for knock ons only knock backs and you can't play a through ball as such cos they're too far up and are surrounded by defenders. . . this worked perfect in the other couple of games . . . .. is it adaptive play from the A'I ? well if it is then fuck the A'I . . . I can't buy a win . . .tried every tactic under the sun .. . .it has to scripted to give you grief with the default knobs and make your life a misery. . .. I'll continue and take my medicine.
Fuck,sounds horrible,yeah,I think when you're in a hole,it's a nightmare to get out of.
Team spirit plays a huge part,I started the season at 88, had a few stinkers and injuries,dropped to 68,within 3-4 games.
Climbed back to a good TS,so even if I lose now,I know I bounce back after a few stinkers.
And can't speak for the default players,but reckon you're right on spot with it.
Keep fighting man,hope you get some enjoyment out of it?

Derby day.The day you love and hate the most.
Felt from the kickoff that this wasn't going to be easy,not very frantic in pace,but once you've got the ball,they were up in your face pronto.
That bastard Icardi did a number on my Df early on,nutmegged Romanogli,took a shot,tipped for a corner.
On the corned,Medel headed it onto the crossbar,my def couldn't clear properly,out to Icardi who missed a sitter.
Yes,by know if knew I'm in for a long game,this being in the 9th m

Started to play better and better,had a few quick combos and 1-2 through their defence,cross,great save by their keeper out to a corner.
Kept applying pressure on them for the rest of the half,created a few good chances.

2nd half and they game turned up to 11.
Back and forth,dirty tackles flying in 24-7
Had a really good chance with Bacca,but the GK got foot on it.
By now,in the 60th minute we've had 6 very good FK opportunities ( 3 a piece) plus 7 yellow cards since the start of the second half
Frantic stuff

In the 70th minute Inter had a beuty of an attack,played their way through my def,out to Medel,outside my box chipped it to Palacio,left corner of the box,did my def properly,with a sidestep,and curled it in for 1-0.

I knew I had to go all in and that's what I did,attacked frenetically,only had two players in my own half,had two shots hitting the post,they had an counter that hits the crossbar.
Got a corner in the 90th minute,got a touch on it,cleared of the goal line,and the ref blew the whistle.
0-1
But this game,even if I lost,one of the best so far,know that good thing will come playing like this.
I'm drained after this

Hi Pfm, im really pleased you are still enjoying it. Yes Kortig is really good he does get some wonderful goals from running from midfield. Swift is good in the air but if i remember a bit slow.

Yes by all means keep posting i am happy to read your ML adventure.

Do you think you will get a chance to play the new PES?

I played the PES 2017 demo but i didn't really get into it. I just don't like the "vagueness" of the controls in today's PES.
Up to PES 6 it was all about precision and timing, when you did things and they came off (or not) you knew exactly what you had done right (or wrong). Now it just feels like i press some directions on the stick and the player does it's own thing, I just can't get used to that.

Ok second chapter of my WE9LE master league:
Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
6stars
Playing as Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players

I finished the 1st season in 2nd to last place (only Fullham behind me). But the last few games of the season showed some promise, with the team starting to gel on the 4-4-2 diamond I settled on and Teamwork stat levels starting to go up.

The main team flaws at the end of the 1st season where
  • Lack of speed to my SMFs (they need to both defend the flanks and then support the attack)
  • Lack of technique from my DMF and CMF (OMF) that means I really struggle to keep possession when I pass to the inside where the CPU is really aggressive with the pressing on 6 stars. So I made my priority to replace these players as soon as possible in the negotiation period.

In the negotiation period I decided to try to find 2 midfielders (one more defensive one more offensive).
I did a quick search for players open to negotiation and went for a trade with players that already had another club (in WE9LE you have to play a transfer fee for any free players, but can try to trade if they are already in another club).

I managed to find a couple of midfielders that had technique and passing in the mid 80s and tried for some weeks to trade one of my weaker players for them until I found an offer combination that the clubs accepted. (sorry I don't remember the names of the players now!)

Start of season 2:
The new midfielders bring a breath of fresh air to Southampton! And I immediately start creating more chances and win the 1st two games 1-0.
Due to having spent every last dime on the transfers and salary I will be under immense pressure to earn enough points to cover the aprox 10,000 salary at the end of the season. Too many losses and it will be game over after season 2. The pressure is on.

Injury crisis:
But immediately disaster strikes! On the 3rd game my new star number OMF gets a violent slide tackle from the CPU and rolls around on the pitch having to be stretchered off and the dreaded ambulance icon appears on the screen (omg I hope its not too may weeks!)
After the game I anxiously check the team screen and cry... 8 weeks! the most important player of my renewed midfield is going to be missing most of the season (D2 season is really short).

The next game I struggle creating chances, but somehow manage to get a through-ball to Swift (the tall slow CF), I'm 1-1 with the keeper slightly too narrow angle to the right side, fill-up the shooting bar as the CB comes across.
Swift fires a powerful high shot across the keeper, but he manages to punch it over (the ball comes off vertically like a rocket and the keeper stands up and calmly collects it)
in the aftermath e notice Swift lying on the pitch clutching his knee in pain, looking at the replay I see that in a desperate attempt to clear the shot the CPU had catered Swift with a trademark 6 start aggressive sliding tackle.
Swift is stretchered off and I lose my target man for 6 weeks...

D2 Cup decisive
moment

Next comes a Cup game 2nd leg away against West Ham (I had won the 1st leg 1-0 at home).
This game is vital, because if I get knocked out of the D2 cup there will be a lot less games to earn points from, and consequently its going to be almost impossible to end the season with enough points to cover my team salary.

The 1st half is very balanced, I set the attack level to balanced and fail to create any clear cut chances but manage to keep West Ham away from my goal except for the odd cross or 2 into the box.

In the start of the second half they start attacking more due to still being behind on agregate.

I switch attack level down a notch in order for my SMFs to protect the sides a bit more.
West Ham manage to create a fantastic chance with a cross, their CF heads it and it hits my SB that is protecting the post, it bounces to an attacker on the edge of the box that hits it on the side volley 1st time without letting it drop.
I can only watch as the keeper still recovering from the 1st stave throws a hand up with a vertical jump and his hand misses the ball due to the power and swerve on the shoot that proceeds to rattle the cross bar!
But it again bounces to an attacking player and this time he smashes it into the open net.
1-0 West Ham (1-1 on aggregate).

The goal seems to really affect my team and I struggle to get any of the ball movement going at all, losing possession repeatedly.
The best chance is to hold out for a draw and penalties I think as I proceed to change the formation to a more defensive flat midfield 4-4-2 with the 2 banks of 4 really compact and the fwds setup for the counter down the flanks.

I manage to hold off wave after wave of West Ham attacks as they struggle to control the ball near my box.
But finally at the 86th minute they win a rebound from a cross and put a shot on goal from the edge of the box, I'm not worried because there is a wall of players between the ball and the goal, but my luck turns sour as the ball hits one of my defenders and with the keeper going one way the ball deflects painfully in a slow arc into the opposite corner of the empty net.

West Ham win 2-1 on aggregate and I lay crushed in my hopes of surviving Season 2.
Lets see if I can still pull it off.

Derby day.The day you love and hate the most.
Felt from the kickoff that this wasn't going to be easy,not very frantic in pace,but once you've got the ball,they were up in your face pronto.
That bastard Icardi did a number on my Df early on,nutmegged Romanogli,took a shot,tipped for a corner.
On the corned,Medel headed it onto the crossbar,my def couldn't clear properly,out to Icardi who missed a sitter.
Yes,by know if knew I'm in for a long game,this being in the 9th m

Started to play better and better,had a few quick combos and 1-2 through their defence,cross,great save by their keeper out to a corner.
Kept applying pressure on them for the rest of the half,created a few good chances.

2nd half and they game turned up to 11.
Back and forth,dirty tackles flying in 24-7
Had a really good chance with Bacca,but the GK got foot on it.
By now,in the 60th minute we've had 6 very good FK opportunities ( 3 a piece) plus 7 yellow cards since the start of the second half
Frantic stuff

In the 70th minute Inter had a beuty of an attack,played their way through my def,out to Medel,outside my box chipped it to Palacio,left corner of the box,did my def properly,with a sidestep,and curled it in for 1-0.

I knew I had to go all in and that's what I did,attacked frenetically,only had two players in my own half,had two shots hitting the post,they had an counter that hits the crossbar.
Got a corner in the 90th minute,got a touch on it,cleared of the goal line,and the ref blew the whistle.
0-1
But this game,even if I lost,one of the best so far,know that good thing will come playing like this.
I'm drained after this

Sounded like a marvellous match Rock. . .very tense. ..heart attack stuff. ..reminds me of last years Ml which was for me the best ever Ml on Pes ... . you're still doing well keep at it. .. . ..the answer to what you asked is yes I'm still enjoying it but it's very frustrating .. keep gettting pipped to the post on most matches . .but I chose to play it like this . . I think you'd need to be very skilled at every trick and feint to beat teams in this game and have the presence of mind when to execute them as you don't get a second to think and react.

Last edited:
Sounded like a marvellous match Rock. . .very tense. ..heart attack stuff. ..reminds me of last years Ml which was for me the best ever Ml on Pes ... . you're still doing well keep at it. .. . ..the answer to what you asked is yes I'm still enjoying it but it's very frustrating .. keep gettting pipped to the post on most matches . .but I chose to play it like this . . I think you'd need to be very skilled at every trick and feint to beat teams in this game and have the presence of mind when to execute them as you don't get a second to think and react.
Yes,muscle memory,just act,don't think.
That's why I struggled in the beginning,I think the manual passing was so hard at first,even though I always played manual,but it's the game that makes it so hard,AI is sharp.
I'm working on feints on the training ground,different moves and so on,first game it's really needed in.

Read your post about funds vs salary,and at first I thought that getting players in is to easy and it is,but for me,playing a big club,it's refreshing with the salary cap not being over the moon.
Guess it's tougher for you,and just wish that there was room to negotiate that with ones board
Ps that double tap shot,works great in the box

Had a long session today, I think 5 matches straight...shitty results. Lost against Leeds in the FA cup sadly, with a single goal. Played better than Leeds but they scored, and that´s what it counts.

At the end of the day I felt frustrated I thinking in going back to PA1. Now I read your posts and I think I must keep on manual. To be honest, I miss the flow the game has on PA1, but at the same time I have a love/hate relationship with the PA0, working that ball in pressure moments its so hard and so exciting at same time.

Main problem is today I couldn´t build any clear chances but that goes down on tactics for sure. Will play a couple more but later tonight I´ll leave a bit of analysis to today´s matches.

Yes,muscle memory,just act,don't think.
That's why I struggled in the beginning,I think the manual passing was so hard at first,even though I always played manual,but it's the game that makes it so hard,AI is sharp.
I'm working on feints on the training ground,different moves and so on,first game it's really needed in.

Read your post about funds vs salary,and at first I thought that getting players in is to easy and it is,but for me,playing a big club,it's refreshing with the salary cap not being over the moon.
Guess it's tougher for you,and just wish that there was room to negotiate that with ones board
Ps that double tap shot,works great in the box

Try it like a knuckleshot outside the box in training . .I've scored a couple outside the box in a match . . depends on your timing.

Time will likely prevent me from running with this narrative but will post the intro I have to my ML anyway, which doubles as a prequel to Enter The Dragon...

So after all the rumours, Williams from Enter The Dragon is finally unveiled as new manager of Serie B side Benevento Calcio...

Williams Jones aka Williams aka Black Belt Jones outlined his plans for the future of the club. He has appointed Alan Archibald, former Partick Thistle manager, as first team coach. In a nod to one of his favourite 60's R&B groups Archie Bell & The Drells, the training regime the players will go under will be named "Archibald and the drills"

During the press conference, German journalist Han Wankelhoff accused the famous mob-clobberer of pitching up in Southern Italy as a one man CIA taskforce looking to takedown the mafia at source. Williams reply was dismissive and straight to the point:

"BULLSHIT, MR. HAN MAN!"

Not everybody was pleased with the announcement as this CCTV footage recorded after the press conference shows...

Interesting times ahead...

Time will likely prevent me from running with this narrative but will post the intro I have to my ML anyway, which doubles as a prequel to Enter The Dragon...

So after all the rumours, Williams from Enter The Dragon is finally unveiled as new manager of Serie B side Benevento Calcio...

Williams Jones aka Williams aka Black Belt Jones outlined his plans for the future of the club. He has appointed Alan Archibald, former Partick Thistle manager, as first team coach. In a nod to one of his favourite 60's R&B groups Archie Bell & The Drells, the training regime the players will go under will be named "Archibald and the drills"

During the press conference, German journalist Han Wankelhoff accused the famous mob-clobberer of pitching up in Southern Italy as a one man CIA taskforce looking to takedown the mafia at source. Williams reply was dismissive and straight to the point:

"BULLSHIT, MR. HAN MAN!"

Not everybody was pleased with the announcement as this CCTV footage recorded after the press conference shows...

Interesting times ahead...
Ha ha

So Deco you going default,is that something you've always done?
And what's the difference going default in Serie B,compared to club players.
Is it a different budget when you play default?
I would imagine if you'd chosed let's say Trapani or Cittadella,club and d fault players must be equally crappy?

Asking cause I might go for it further down the road

So Deco you going default,is that something you've always done?
And what's the difference going default in Serie B,compared to club players.
Is it a different budget when you play default?
I would imagine if you'd chosed let's say Trapani or Cittadella,club and d fault players must be equally crappy?

Asking cause I might go for it further down the road

I've mostly gone default. .. .. the odd time over the years I've tried the club players and won a few titles and cups but I like the challenge. . . . I'm sure the budget is universal for all teams once you go default . ..since I picked Cagliari who are a Serie A team and I only got 3 million or so to spend it must be the case. The same default players for every team unfortunately.

Who knows .. . .pyschologically I might be hiding in the defaults because then there's no pressure on me to succeed and I'll always have an excuse lol. You just want to go default. . . .. win everything and show me up ha ha.

I've mostly gone default. .. .. the odd time over the years I've tried the club players and won a few titles and cups but I like the challenge. . . . I'm sure the budget is universal for all teams once you go default . ..since I picked Cagliari who are a Serie A team and I only got 3 million or so to spend it must be the case. The same default players for every team unfortunately.

Who knows .. . .pyschologically I might be hiding in the defaults because then there's no pressure on me to succeed and I'll always have an excuse lol. You just want to go default. . . .. win everything and show me up ha ha.
3 mil?
That's probably generic in default,guess a proper Serie B team has at least 6-10
Ha ha,naah mate can't do what you do,I'd probably lost it for real if I did.
But a crappy Serie B team with club players might be in the cards.
Think my toughest challenge was on 15 when I took Torino up the ladder for silverware
Took 5 seasons to win the Scudetto.
What's stopping me is I'm on xb, crappy but edited jerseys it is.
Wouldn't say it takes the fun out,but it's a factor

Last edited:
3 mil?
That's probably generic in default,guess a proper Serie B team has at least 6-10
Ha ha,naah mate can't do what you do,I'd probably lost it for real if I did.
But a crappy Serie B team with club players might be in the cards.
Think my toughest challenge was on 15 when I took Torino up the ladder for silverware
Took 5 seasons to win the Scudetto.
What's stopping me is I'm on xb, crappy but edited jerseys it is.
Wouldn't say it takes the fun out,but it's a factor

Rock how do I upload a clip on this from youtube? I did all that drop the s from http/
and it didnt work

Bluey you will enjoy it but one thing is you have to perservere, depending what team you pick, until your team spirit picks up. I know you normally only play league mode but with this you get transfers, you get to manage other teams, and also National teams too.

I started on Professional and finally finally finally I beat Aston Villa. I realised how important tactics are. The tactics I was using before gave me a team spirit of about 39-41 but I changed my tactics and it went up to 53. Still a very tough game but it was very similar to Spurs win yesterday (yes Deco I loved that game).

This is the first goal by Yiadom. What I liked is the way the play started with my left back and he played a ball down the wing and the way my midfielder (terrible I don't know all the names yet) just read the ball and allowed it to run passed him and the Villa player. He completley took him out the game. You will see in the video...

I love it manual passing and shooting, nice feeling when it comes off.

Villa were pressing but we won a corner from poor defending from Amavi I think. Which led to this goal....

From Ince our first signing in his second game for us. 2-0 at half time. Second half we just defended and tried to hit them on the break. Like I said it was similar to Spurs defending yesterday. Backs to the wall. I knew that if I let them score they would get the second. Gestede was a beast, and was really leading the line for Villa. At one point he won the ball in the centre circle, back heeled it to their defender, the he moved his arms around urging the players the pump it up field which they did. I loved that scene.

The there was the bit when I think Agbonlahor was running in the penalty area, just as he shot 2 of my defenders slid in and deflected it wide. Excellent stuff. Won 0-2 in the end.

Next up is Blackburn at home they are 22nd and we are 4th.

I played the PES 2017 demo but i didn't really get into it. I just don't like the "vagueness" of the controls in today's PES.
Up to PES 6 it was all about precision and timing, when you did things and they came off (or not) you knew exactly what you had done right (or wrong). Now it just feels like i press some directions on the stick and the player does it's own thing, I just can't get used to that.

Ok second chapter of my WE9LE master league:
Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
6stars
Playing as Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players

I finished the 1st season in 2nd to last place (only Fullham behind me). But the last few games of the season showed some promise, with the team starting to gel on the 4-4-2 diamond I settled on and Teamwork stat levels starting to go up.

The main team flaws at the end of the 1st season where
  • Lack of speed to my SMFs (they need to both defend the flanks and then support the attack)
  • Lack of technique from my DMF and CMF (OMF) that means I really struggle to keep possession when I pass to the inside where the CPU is really aggressive with the pressing on 6 stars. So I made my priority to replace these players as soon as possible in the negotiation period.

In the negotiation period I decided to try to find 2 midfielders (one more defensive one more offensive).
I did a quick search for players open to negotiation and went for a trade with players that already had another club (in WE9LE you have to play a transfer fee for any free players, but can try to trade if they are already in another club).

I managed to find a couple of midfielders that had technique and passing in the mid 80s and tried for some weeks to trade one of my weaker players for them until I found an offer combination that the clubs accepted. (sorry I don't remember the names of the players now!)

Start of season 2:
The new midfielders bring a breath of fresh air to Southampton! And I immediately start creating more chances and win the 1st two games 1-0.
Due to having spent every last dime on the transfers and salary I will be under immense pressure to earn enough points to cover the aprox 10,000 salary at the end of the season. Too many losses and it will be game over after season 2. The pressure is on.

Injury crisis:
But immediately disaster strikes! On the 3rd game my new star number OMF gets a violent slide tackle from the CPU and rolls around on the pitch having to be stretchered off and the dreaded ambulance icon appears on the screen (omg I hope its not too may weeks!)
After the game I anxiously check the team screen and cry... 8 weeks! the most important player of my renewed midfield is going to be missing most of the season (D2 season is really short).

The next game I struggle creating chances, but somehow manage to get a through-ball to Swift (the tall slow CF), I'm 1-1 with the keeper slightly too narrow angle to the right side, fill-up the shooting bar as the CB comes across.
Swift fires a powerful high shot across the keeper, but he manages to punch it over (the ball comes off vertically like a rocket and the keeper stands up and calmly collects it)
in the aftermath e notice Swift lying on the pitch clutching his knee in pain, looking at the replay I see that in a desperate attempt to clear the shot the CPU had catered Swift with a trademark 6 start aggressive sliding tackle.
Swift is stretchered off and I lose my target man for 6 weeks...

D2 Cup decisive
moment

Next comes a Cup game 2nd leg away against West Ham (I had won the 1st leg 1-0 at home).
This game is vital, because if I get knocked out of the D2 cup there will be a lot less games to earn points from, and consequently its going to be almost impossible to end the season with enough points to cover my team salary.

The 1st half is very balanced, I set the attack level to balanced and fail to create any clear cut chances but manage to keep West Ham away from my goal except for the odd cross or 2 into the box.

In the start of the second half they start attacking more due to still being behind on agregate.

I switch attack level down a notch in order for my SMFs to protect the sides a bit more.
West Ham manage to create a fantastic chance with a cross, their CF heads it and it hits my SB that is protecting the post, it bounces to an attacker on the edge of the box that hits it on the side volley 1st time without letting it drop.
I can only watch as the keeper still recovering from the 1st stave throws a hand up with a vertical jump and his hand misses the ball due to the power and swerve on the shoot that proceeds to rattle the cross bar!
But it again bounces to an attacking player and this time he smashes it into the open net.
1-0 West Ham (1-1 on aggregate).

The goal seems to really affect my team and I struggle to get any of the ball movement going at all, losing possession repeatedly.
The best chance is to hold out for a draw and penalties I think as I proceed to change the formation to a more defensive flat midfield 4-4-2 with the 2 banks of 4 really compact and the fwds setup for the counter down the flanks.

I manage to hold off wave after wave of West Ham attacks as they struggle to control the ball near my box.
But finally at the 86th minute they win a rebound from a cross and put a shot on goal from the edge of the box, I'm not worried because there is a wall of players between the ball and the goal, but my luck turns sour as the ball hits one of my defenders and with the keeper going one way the ball deflects painfully in a slow arc into the opposite corner of the empty net.

West Ham win 2-1 on aggregate and I lay crushed in my hopes of surviving Season 2.
Lets see if I can still pull it off.

Excellent post matey. Yes I played 2 separate games with the default players and both times it was game over. Never happened to me before but I think I made it too hard with my adjustments.

Fucking hell.
Forgot to save my Udinese game
Anyway won it on a rainy day in Udine.
Throw in a report on that game later on.
Got to enable auto save

Back
Top Bottom