The Master League adventures thread

Got 3 games done after my MOTD.

1 Mainz at home,boring game to sum it up.
But I scored a curled freekick in the 60th minute,and that was enough.
I'm in first in my ML group after 3 games.

2nd game was stunning.
Home to Sampdoria,a tight affair,they started of by playing short passing,didn't really get in to any danger areas.
I had a hard time getting in on their goal,played a bit defensively first half,had a few crosses,nothing dangerous though.
Then in the second half the game came alive,I started pressing harder,crossing more into their box,they went long on me,trying to counter.
Had two headers hitting the post.
Kept throwing everything at them,pretty much had all possesion between 60-87th minute,two last second clearings on the goal line saved them
Then 87th minute,lost the ball outside their box,they played it to the wing,then crossed it diagonally forward to a striker,playing it back into the middle for Cassano who placed it bottom corner
1-0 down.
Last 3+5 minutes I had four chances to score GK was absolutely insane,got a hand on every header/shot I had
Ended 1-0 Samdoria
And I've never been happier losing,outstanding game

Last game Pescara away.
Hard bastards to beat.
And it proved to be very difficult,played well,good combos in attack,solid defending by me
But with a bit of magic I scored a beuty to make it 1-0
Ball played in center,5-10 m outside their box,a give and go got my striker a few meters,took a touch between their wide CB's on the line and struck it bottom left corner,post in.
Just played defensively the rest of the game,they couldn't break down my compact defence.
1-0 me

Last two games,best I've played in a long time.
It's all coming together now,passing is up around 70%, crossing works like a charm (thank you L1 button)
In third with a few rough games waiting.
Fiorentina,Napoli,Lazio
Could be zero points.
Strange to be happy when losing?
Right?

Rocks, I´m also enjoying even on defeats... this game has something really special about it.

Anyway, my Master League is underway now. QPR, 20 mins, PA0 and basic shooting. Still trying to find a way in crossing, but overall passing is fine, having an average around 75%.

Chose a 4-4-2 diamond formation, leaving team chemistry at 50. Sold two players with who I wasn´t counting on (can´t remember exactly their names now), brought in E. Mor on transfer list for around 6M, and someone who I´ve always bet o the past years from the youth team, Niellendner. I really think he´s going to be very good and will find a spot in my first eleven.

Well, first match away vs Bristol City. Both teams started cautious for a while. Buildup was promissing for QPR but Bistol had the first chance, with a shot on target from Tomlin.27 mins and Polter answered back with a header, a very poor one though. Bristol started having more chances and Engvall almost scored after dribling two defenders. 37 mins, loose ball near the box gets to Tomlin (Bristol), and he shoots powerfully, but wide. Not one minute after, 1-0 for Bristol. A great combination finds Engvall isolated, easy chance.
The goal affected QPR mentality, and Bristol almost scored again. I tried to press high but with no luck. Barely had a shot so it was a deserved victory for Bristol.

Next, away match vs Cardiff City. This one started better. Really felt the lack of strength in Cardiff, things got confortable and a beatifull team work showed its first signs. Rainy day, but still, QPR played very well. Cardiff not so well, more like a foul fest, ending the match with 12 fouls... They were nervous from the start and Mor recovered the ball in their own box, only the keeper to beat, but shoots wide. Chery (AM) was on fire and tried all sorts of attempts. QPR was creating chances after chances, until Chery scores the first in a lovely curved free kick, wich tips the post before going in. 0-1.
Whittingham gave Cardiff their best chance at 60 mins, with a shot after a good cross, but wide. Right after, the big Polter finally wins a high ball, and with a good combination, delivers to E. Mor, isolating him for the 0-2. The rest of the match was a fest of posession for QPR, and fouls for Cardiff.

So a loss and a win. Not bad at all, as I saw good things on both matches. The best player, Sandro, was really showing great talent. A bit like Renato Sanches, recovers the ball constantly and starts most of the attacks. Tough luck though, got an injury from this last match, 9 weeks.

Next is a derby match against Fulham, who aren´t performing very well. They have one point in two matches. Hope I can win them, but it´s gonna be real pain for sure...

Sorry for the biiig post, promise to be shorter next times... it´s just... this game!

IMG_3306.jpg

Wigan Athletic, recently promoted to the Sky Bet Championship appointed the controversial Ricardo La Volpe who brings with him vast experience as a manager, and one of the few who have a tactical system named after him.
La Volpe didn’t invent this system but during his time as Mexico manager his chosen method of playing became known as “Lavolpismo”. Using a 5-3-2 system that changes into a 3-5-2 by the use of attacking wing backs, La Volpe’s sides were very offensive in outlook, he was famously quoted as saying, “Go out to win and you’ll either win or draw, go out to draw and you’ll either draw or lose”.

Voted “Best Coach” by The Guardian in 2006 following his World Cup performances (Mexico), not for his tactics or his team’s performances but for his eccentric attitude.
“I’m sorry the press doesn’t want to discuss tactics, but I’m here to talk football, not nonsense” was the opening line uttered by the coach in his presentation.

Not known as a big spender, he relies on youth talent on every team he manages. He boosted Rafael Marquez & Andres Guardado's carrers, among others.
He immediately promoted 2 prospects from the youth team to the 1st side and have implemented his system into the team:
54-IMG_3307.JPG

Best of luck to both Ricardo & Wigan now that the Championship is underway!

IMG_3306.jpg

Wigan Athletic, recently promoted to the Sky Bet Championship appointed the controversial Ricardo La Volpe who brings with him vast experience as a manager, and one of the few who have a tactical system named after him.
La Volpe didn’t invent this system but during his time as Mexico manager his chosen method of playing became known as “Lavolpismo”. Using a 5-3-2 system that changes into a 3-5-2 by the use of attacking wing backs, La Volpe’s sides were very offensive in outlook, he was famously quoted as saying, “Go out to win and you’ll either win or draw, go out to draw and you’ll either draw or lose”.

Voted “Best Coach” by The Guardian in 2006 following his World Cup performances (Mexico), not for his tactics or his team’s performances but for his eccentric attitude.
“I’m sorry the press doesn’t want to discuss tactics, but I’m here to talk football, not nonsense” was the opening line uttered by the coach in his presentation.

Not known as a big spender, he relies on youth talent on every team he manages. He boosted Rafael Marquez & Andres Guardado's carrers, among others.
He immediately promoted 2 prospects from the youth team to the 1st side and have implemented his system into the team:
54-IMG_3307.JPG

Best of luck to both Ricardo & Wigan now that the Championship is underway!

Salida Lavolpiana! This is excellent, one of my favourite coaches. Loved that 2006 Mexico side and Rafa Marques was my favourite player at Barça for years!

Definitely keep us posted with this - best of luck for the coming season!

Rocks, I´m also enjoying even on defeats... this game has something really special about it.

Anyway, my Master League is underway now. QPR, 20 mins, PA0 and basic shooting. Still trying to find a way in crossing, but overall passing is fine, having an average around 75%.

Chose a 4-4-2 diamond formation, leaving team chemistry at 50. Sold two players with who I wasn´t counting on (can´t remember exactly their names now), brought in E. Mor on transfer list for around 6M, and someone who I´ve always bet o the past years from the youth team, Niellendner. I really think he´s going to be very good and will find a spot in my first eleven.

Well, first match away vs Bristol City. Both teams started cautious for a while. Buildup was promissing for QPR but Bistol had the first chance, with a shot on target from Tomlin.27 mins and Polter answered back with a header, a very poor one though. Bristol started having more chances and Engvall almost scored after dribling two defenders. 37 mins, loose ball near the box gets to Tomlin (Bristol), and he shoots powerfully, but wide. Not one minute after, 1-0 for Bristol. A great combination finds Engvall isolated, easy chance.
The goal affected QPR mentality, and Bristol almost scored again. I tried to press high but with no luck. Barely had a shot so it was a deserved victory for Bristol.

Next, away match vs Cardiff City. This one started better. Really felt the lack of strength in Cardiff, things got confortable and a beatifull team work showed its first signs. Rainy day, but still, QPR played very well. Cardiff not so well, more like a foul fest, ending the match with 12 fouls... They were nervous from the start and Mor recovered the ball in their own box, only the keeper to beat, but shoots wide. Chery (AM) was on fire and tried all sorts of attempts. QPR was creating chances after chances, until Chery scores the first in a lovely curved free kick, wich tips the post before going in. 0-1.
Whittingham gave Cardiff their best chance at 60 mins, with a shot after a good cross, but wide. Right after, the big Polter finally wins a high ball, and with a good combination, delivers to E. Mor, isolating him for the 0-2. The rest of the match was a fest of posession for QPR, and fouls for Cardiff.

So a loss and a win. Not bad at all, as I saw good things on both matches. The best player, Sandro, was really showing great talent. A bit like Renato Sanches, recovers the ball constantly and starts most of the attacks. Tough luck though, got an injury from this last match, 9 weeks.

Next is a derby match against Fulham, who aren´t performing very well. They have one point in two matches. Hope I can win them, but it´s gonna be real pain for sure...

Sorry for the biiig post, promise to be shorter next times... it´s just... this game!

Long stories are the norm in here . . .keep them coming .. . .it's really great to see more people joining in on this thread. .. great hearing all the stories . .. . .no matter how trivial anyone thinks that their stories are .. . . don't be afraid to post . .great to share experiences.

Could only have two quick games yesterday, I as Cagliari played against the top team Hellas Verona. . .now I know why they're the top team .. . gave me a 3-0 mauling. .they scored in the first minute. . I've no compliants . .totally outplayed by a much stronger side. Next game was against Ternana . .a dour 0-0 which is good to see sometimes. .. they can't all be thrillers .. .hope to get a few matches in tomorrow and start posting.

Last edited:
after started with debry country i decided to go another ML with my fav team MANU.. so what i did i changed all the tactics and fluid formation according to the real life now teams are more attacking minded.. playing with 4-2-3-1 in poss 2-1-4-2-1 and out poss 4-2-3-1 tactics tikitaka,false fullback,counter target,gegenpress..
after so much expreiment i found this is the perfect formation for my playstyle with manu, pogba's forward runs are superb i played 5 matches so far pogba scoed 4goals, liverpool was the hard game so far they are just bomming forward and pushing like crazy in 87th mins they scored a goal and i lost the game.
after that in home against west ham they played ok i controled the game and pogba scored twice and ibra one..
i am playing on pa1 and advanced shooting.. i am loving the advanced shooting its 110 times better than basic.

Long stories are the norm in here . . .keep them coming .. . .it's really great to see more people joining in on this thread. .. great hearing all the stories . .. . .no matter how trivial anyone thinks that their stories are .. . . don't be afraid to post . .great to share experiences.

Could only have two quick games yesterday, I as Cagliari played against the top team Hellas Verona. . .now I know why they're the top team .. . gave me a 3-0 mauling. .they scored in the first minute. . I've no compliants . .totally outplayed by a much stronger side. Next game was against Ternana . .a dour 0-0 which is good to see sometimes. .. they can't all be thrillers .. .hope to get a few matches in tomorrow and start posting.

Yea Its great this threads getting busy with more people posting a couple of you have kept it alive over the years i have always read it but not contributed but now we have a great game for the first time in ages its gonna be great reading ppls stories

Where are you in league table deco? Im slowly climbing up

Sound great,yes it's a hard game,and you don't feel cheated either when you lose.
Remember the scripted nightmares on 16, who was a great game otherwise,bit to easy though

Hah yea i remember them they sent me crazy but on 2017 unless its my mistake i tend to watch the replays of the AI goals as im impressed

Great post mate
20 mins,seems like the way to go.
I'm fine with 15, sometime it feels a bit short,especially when you have a tight scoreless game
Keep em coming

Hah yea i remember them they sent me crazy but on 2017 unless its my mistake i tend to watch the replays of the AI goals as im impressed
I always felt cheated when the scripting went bananas in 16.
Haven't felt it here.
And when I lose,it's because I make a mistake,or CPU tricks me.
Good to see

bit of a long post but had something really cool happen to me.In PES 2016 I managed Avellino in 5 seasons I got promoted in 2nd place from serie B won the italian cup 2 years later and in the last season finished 7th in serie A and got to the QF of the Europa League before quitting.In this years game I made a new team over S.P.A.L but kept their squad who by coincidence have 2 ex avellino players from 2016 including Lazzari who was my BAL player

loaz2.jpg
laz1.jpg

so up next in the league was Avellino I havent set them to rivals or anything but in the first 10 seconds the striker who Lazzari replaced in my Avellino team monkulu fouls him and gets booked funny moment even if by chance

then we go 1-0 up and guess who scores I didnt press any celebration as I was about to save the clip and he does this in front of their fans

of course this was all coincidence but it was so realistic it felt like the story had carried on from 2016 without me even influencing it.we won 1-0 and that puts us 9 points from the play offs with loads of games left

Yea Its great this threads getting busy with more people posting a couple of you have kept it alive over the years i have always read it but not contributed but now we have a great game for the first time in ages its gonna be great reading ppls stories

Where are you in league table deco? Im slowly climbing up

3rd from bottom. ..it's normal to end up bottom or near bottom in the first season using defaults and manual. .I'm used to it . . any win is seen as a success .. . I gauge my level by the performance and most games have been close.

I think when they patch the stadium edit bug I will go back to start a new ML with the defaults too I tried on a previous ML with the defaults and yea i struggled like hell I gave up feeling I need to improve first then try it

bit of a long post but had something really cool happen to me.In PES 2016 I managed Avellino in 5 seasons I got promoted in 2nd place from serie B won the italian cup 2 years later and in the last season finished 7th in serie A and got to the QF of the Europa League before quitting.In this years game I made a new team over S.P.A.L but kept their squad who by coincidence have 2 ex avellino players from 2016 including Lazzari who was my BAL player

loaz2.jpg
laz1.jpg

so up next in the league was Avellino I havent set them to rivals or anything but in the first 10 seconds the striker who Lazzari replaced in my Avellino team monkulu fouls him and gets booked funny moment even if by chance

then we go 1-0 up and guess who scores I didnt press any celebration as I was about to save the clip and he does this in front of their fans

of course this was all coincidence but it was so realistic it felt like the story had carried on from 2016 without me even influencing it.we won 1-0 and that puts us 9 points from the play offs with loads of games left
Great celebration by Lazzari,bet the Avellino ultras have a bone to pick with him

One of those sessions today where I better leave it alone lol .. . .3 defeats 1 win and a draw. . ..nothing going right . .team spirit dropped from 52 to 40 because of the losses. . . .it kept reminding me at one point of how long since I won a match. . . . .11 games at one point lol. Better change the tactics to freshen things up . .. we'll bounce back. The one thing that kills me in ML . .I could have 6 million sitting there for transfer fees but only 60 grand for wages. . which rules out buying anyone as the average wage is 240 grand.

Last edited:
Just tried to delete my Edit Data to install the new Live Update and accidentally checked the box for my ML save instead... thank god I'd only played one game!

Public Service Announcement as follows: ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK WHICH BOX IS TICKED BEFORE YOU DELETE :LOL:

Just tried to delete my Edit Data to install the new Live Update and accidentally checked the box for my ML save instead... thank god I'd only played one game!

Public Service Announcement as follows: ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK WHICH BOX IS TICKED BEFORE YOU DELETE :LOL:

I can categorically say that a monumental catastrophe was avoided.

Last edited:
I can categorically say that a monumental catastrpohe was avoided.

There was around 30 seconds of furious cursing and causing enough of a commotion to freak out my cat and then the realisation I'd only played the first game vs Norwich calmed me right down haha.

Thank god I've been too busy trying to improve with manual controls playing UCL exhibition matches and using the free training mode.

Ok so today I played the first big derby - Fulham. QPR was expecting some hard times, but on the pitch things seemed quite balanced. Either team could have won this one. Fulham proved to have a nice set of moves in the attack, and QPR showed they're here to defend well.
Because it was a derby match, agression was higher and some cards were shown.
Jozabed (Fulham) found himself in a great chance, but Caulker was huge and tiped the ball in the last instant and stoped what seemed the first goal of the match at 6 mins. Chery has been playing really well and immeddiatly warned Fulham with a good individual play, wich was tiped away by the GK. Corner kick and guess who? Chery´s header just wide. 11 mins and we could see already, along with a yellow card to Fulham, that this match was promissing an interesting duel.

Wet weather wasn´t helping and Fulham got the second yellow by Fredericks. 18 mins, good chance to Fulham but Ayité went for the spetacular shot, though with low accuracy, straight at the keeper. Fulham was looking good in buildup by the 29 mins mark... long ball to the box, and Johanssen makes an inexpected move, insted of dominating and shooting on target, he heads the ball smoothly to Odoi who, alone in the box, scores. 0-1.

QPR started pressing high, but things weren´t easy. Long balls were on the menu for the rest of the match but even the motivated Polsen couldn´t hold it alone. Lack of support noticeable and QPR subs E. Mor, and puts Zoua, the most recent signing on a free transfer. The 75 overall striker was a sure bet to support Poulsen on those long balls from QPR´s defence. Fulham felt the pressure and Zoua made his first attempt at 73 mins, good positioning and balance, strikes at will but only just wide. Chery was exausted so the youngster Niellendner got in, and proved to be usefull. Great technique, speed and sense of oportunity from this kid lads! Another long ball to the box, Poulsen didn´t get it but his constant pressure made the GK shoot the ball in a hurry. Niellendner gets the loose ball and watches an open oportunity outsidde the box. Pressure was instant from Fulham, but too late, the kid scores! 1-1, 83 mins. Could we still win!?

We tried, but the last chance was to Ayité, and what a chance, alone with the keeper to beat. Luckily, keeper get´s to the ball first and puts it away.

A draw in a tough but well fought match. Team is showing the chemistry and now they only think in the next match, to grab 3 points.

Ok so today I played the first big derby - Fulham. QPR was expecting some hard times, but on the pitch things seemed quite balanced. Either team could have won this one. Fulham proved to have a nice set of moves in the attack, and QPR showed they're here to defend well.
Because it was a derby match, agression was higher and some cards were shown.
Jozabed (Fulham) found himself in a great chance, but Caulker was huge and tiped the ball in the last instant and stoped what seemed the first goal of the match at 6 mins. Chery has been playing really well and immeddiatly warned Fulham with a good individual play, wich was tiped away by the GK. Corner kick and guess who? Chery´s header just wide. 11 mins and we could see already, along with a yellow card to Fulham, that this match was promissing an interesting duel.

Wet weather wasn´t helping and Fulham got the second yellow by Fredericks. 18 mins, good chance to Fulham but Ayité went for the spetacular shot, though with low accuracy, straight at the keeper. Fulham was looking good in buildup by the 29 mins mark... long ball to the box, and Johanssen makes an inexpected move, insted of dominating and shooting on target, he heads the ball smoothly to Odoi who, alone in the box, scores. 0-1.

QPR started pressing high, but things weren´t easy. Long balls were on the menu for the rest of the match but even the motivated Polsen couldn´t hold it alone. Lack of support noticeable and QPR subs E. Mor, and puts Zoua, the most recent signing on a free transfer. The 75 overall striker was a sure bet to support Poulsen on those long balls from QPR´s defence. Fulham felt the pressure and Zoua made his first attempt at 73 mins, good positioning and balance, strikes at will but only just wide. Chery was exausted so the youngster Niellendner got in, and proved to be usefull. Great technique, speed and sense of oportunity from this kid lads! Another long ball to the box, Poulsen didn´t get it but his constant pressure made the GK shoot the ball in a hurry. Niellendner gets the loose ball and watches an open oportunity outsidde the box. Pressure was instant from Fulham, but too late, the kid scores! 1-1, 83 mins. Could we still win!?

We tried, but the last chance was to Ayité, and what a chance, alone with the keeper to beat. Luckily, keeper get´s to the ball first and puts it away.

A draw in a tough but well fought match. Team is showing the chemistry and now they only think in the next match, to grab 3 points.

QPR is a good team to pick. I think they have quite a lot of good players. Like Sandro, Cherry, Polter etc....

In my FIFA CM last year Polter was a beast scoring some of the best goals I have ever scored in any footy game. I hope he is as good for you in PES.

Have you played Aston Villa yet in your ML?

The few times I've played them I am getting slaughtered. In my previous save, before my PS4 reset, I lost 7-0 to them in the FA Cup. Now tonight I was 8-0 down in the league and I just turned it off because I was getting fed up with the game. I know my Team Spirit was only 40 and I'm guessing Aston Villa's (hidden) TS was in the 80's. That was what it felt like anyway. It was as if every ball was dropping to their players, keeper saves but palms it to Gestede, they hit post but falls to Gestede. It's a pain because my previous game against Leeds 0-0 was fantastic. I just felt that none of my players could do anything. It reminded me of PES2016 on Top Player.

I turned it off and gave FIFA a go. I won't say about that because off topic. I will come back to this tomorrow. But I'm thinking TS is a bit overpowered.

Didn´t play them yet, but I believe they are doing well, so when I get there, they might be with high morale. Fulham was a good match, they haven´t started well so I might have had a weaker opponent. Polsen is wonderfull, really like playing with him, he´s been my strenght in attack. He´s strong and can hold the ball or win headers. It´s important when I can´t find a path through the ground. Usually I start to bomb long balls on his direction and then try to win a header and find a suporting team mate.

Sandro was looking to be my best player. Absolutely wonderfull DM, but got injured and can´t play for the next 9 weeks...

Here are the highlights from my first 3 matches, in case you guys are interested. I don´t edit them, so you´ll have to skip the first minutes.

Bristol City - QPR

Cardiff City - QPR

QPR - Fulham

QPR is a good team to pick. I think they have quite a lot of good players. Like Sandro, Cherry, Polter etc....

In my FIFA CM last year Polter was a beast scoring some of the best goals I have ever scored in any footy game. I hope he is as good for you in PES.

The few times I've played them I am getting slaughtered. In my previous save, before my PS4 reset, I lost 7-0 to them in the FA Cup. Now tonight I was 8-0 down in the league and I just turned it off because I was getting fed up with the game. I know my Team Spirit was only 40 and I'm guessing Aston Villa's (hidden) TS was in the 80's. That was what it felt like anyway. It was as if every ball was dropping to their players, keeper saves but palms it to Gestede, they hit post but falls to Gestede. It's a pain because my previous game against Leeds 0-0 was fantastic. I just felt that none of my players could do anything. It reminded me of PES2016 on Top Player.

I turned it off and gave FIFA a go. I won't say about that because off topic. I will come back to this tomorrow. But I'm thinking TS is a bit overpowered.

Geeee. . . . . just thinking of you there watching match of the day 2. Go on the Spurs.

Didn´t play them yet, but I believe they are doing well, so when I get there, they might be with high morale. Fulham was a good match, they haven´t started well so I might have had a weaker opponent. Polsen is wonderfull, really like playing with him, he´s been my strenght in attack. He´s strong and can hold the ball or win headers. It´s important when I can´t find a path through the ground. Usually I start to bomb long balls on his direction and then try to win a header and find a suporting team mate.

Sandro was looking to be my best player. Absolutely wonderfull DM, but got injured and can´t play for the next 9 weeks...

Here are the highlights from my first 3 matches, in case you guys are interested. I don´t edit them, so you´ll have to skip the first minutes.

Bristol City - QPR

Cardiff City - QPR

QPR - Fulham

Nice vids buddy. . .some filthy tackles going on there.......I like that ... . you were lucky to get that equaliser against Fulham .keeper made a mess of clearing.

Nice vids buddy. . .some filthy tackles going on there.......I like that ... . you were lucky to get that equaliser against Fulham .keeper made a mess of clearing.

Ahah indeed he did. I didn´t considered unfair though, as I was really applying pressure and Fulham seemed unable to resist. Before that moment, I had a couple ones where they were geting really nervous, but never worth the replay in the highlights. Still, happy that it happened and that Niellendner didn´t waste it.

There was around 30 seconds of furious cursing and causing enough of a commotion to freak out my cat and then the realisation I'd only played the first game vs Norwich calmed me right down haha.

Thank god I've been too busy trying to improve with manual controls playing UCL exhibition matches and using the free training mode.
The free training is such a great thing,FIFA hasn't had that in a very long time right?
When I struggled with crossing,I played as the attacking team,11 vs 5, so I could cross/chip etc as much as possible

You'll get shit sorted G.
Had at least 3-4 aborted ML,where I just lost it after being shit for 6-7 games.
Since I restarted,I'm 10 league games in,things are going fine,and it's not just because I win at least 50%, but I've been able to get the fundamentals right before going into my new ML.
Got a solid tactic setup from Kenpachi,got an understanding on when to use it more or less.
Plus,and that's the most important thing,a shitload of training.
Crossing/shooting/passing etc
It's a huge diffence in succes/enjoyment with 65-75 pass % rather than 50-60.
You'll bounce back,no shortcuts to succes in this MF

You'll get shit sorted G.
Had at least 3-4 aborted ML,where I just lost it after being shit for 6-7 games.
Since I restarted,I'm 10 league games in,things are going fine,and it's not just because I win at least 50%, but I've been able to get the fundamentals right before going into my new ML.
Got a solid tactic setup from Kenpachi,got an understanding on when to use it more or less.
Plus,and that's the most important thing,a shitload of training.
Crossing/shooting/passing etc
It's a huge diffence in succes/enjoyment with 65-75 pass % rather than 50-60.
You'll bounce back,no shortcuts to succes in this MF

Must train more .. ..had a little session in it tonight and it definitely improves your skills .. found pressing the shoot button twice like performing a knuckleshot gives a hard low shot which causes problems for keepers.

So my Master League is off and running with Benevento Calcio in Serie B using ML Defaults on Superstar - Williams Jones and his magnificent afro as manager.

The transfer window was a bit of a disaster but picked up some developing Italian youngsters in Milillo and Abelli, with Giorza and Gureggiolini also in the squad making that four of my starting eleven being Italian. Ballsed up the window so bad that I had no money to sign that Dutch lad with the skills from the youth team.

First game was a 1-0 defeat to Salernitana, followed by an absolute tanking by Pisa in which I equalised after going a goal behind, but then Lupoli took over and I found myself on the end of a 5-1 drubbing.

Signed some dude called Bambock and pitched him in for the rival match against Avellino away from home. He scored the only goal of the game, but it was Melikov who was the hero, denying Mokulu Tembe time and time again which was cool as the Avellino forward was all about how there was no way we could win before the game, according to the ticker tape at the management screen anyway.

This is going to be tough, but fun. All my matches have been at night and in small stadiums so it has this vibe that the whole town is in attendance

So I'm about halfway through my season with Liverpool (Professional difficulty) and I find myself swapping 1st and 2nd position with Man City. We can beat teams 5 and 6 nil one match and then the next match get beat. My team spirit is at about 85 give or take, regardless, I've drew and lost many matches where the game simply wont let me win. The CPU will go on a interception-fest, I'll attack and create chances all match but when the game does this, the shooting is just "off"....I can be 3 yards out from goal, with only the goalkeeper to beat and it will shoot wide every single time, no matter how many shots in these games, free headers, placed shots, power shots, everyone of them will fail, yet in other matches the exact same shots will go in no problem, yet in these games they're all wide and way off target? Yet the CPU's shots in these games are all really threatening and on target? Sometimes needing just the one chance to score compared to my 15/20 clear-cut chances in the same game?

"Thats football"

But its happening far too frequently for my liking. Feels like extreme rubberbanding to me. Anyone else getting this?

Back
Top Bottom