The Master League adventures thread

Professional difficulty; PA0; manual shooting; basic through ball. That's my set up at least. It's highly competitive and really rewarding and still a tough challenge. If only I could shoot! I'm a PES newbie so you may need Top Player in terms of difficulty if you're a veteran of the series.

Well I certainly can play, but I´m no expert. I like to play a more realistic approach, even on PA1. Thing is on Superstar I can get a good amount of posession but still get challenged. Today I lost 0-3 against River using Arsenal. I love the challenge but on PA0 against high pressing teams it´s really really hard to get a proper buildup, even on Pro. I guess it´s the way it should be. Guess I´ll start on Pro and PA0. I wanna make sure I have a challenge while I have fun, Superstar may just be too much...

I played a few games with manual shooting + PA0 on Professional and yeah it was a challenge, but as Kenpachi, my problem was shooting. Too difficult for me. Also, keeping high possession was difficult for me, too. But on PA1 + advanced shooting + Top Player, I dominate most of the games. So it's like two completely different sides for me here :/

Yep, that´s the problem, I want to have a chance, but not too much. Still thinking about it, just had a match where i lost posession battle and pass % on PA1 Superstar. And all this on demo firendlies, I know that on ML things will be
harder. Guess I´ll have to try when I buy the game. Can´t wait now but still so much work to do!!!!

Manual. I'm still persevering. My passing is so much better, just woeful finishing.
I got a real boost in my passing when changed my camera angle.
I have a low camera,only downside is the far side gets a bit small:)
Use to have an angle,like it's being filmed 10-15 m above ground,and the screwed with my passing a lot.
Think I'm around 65-70%
Which is ok

I played a few games with manual shooting + PA0 on Professional and yeah it was a challenge, but as Kenpachi, my problem was shooting. Too difficult for me. Also, keeping high possession was difficult for me, too. But on PA1 + advanced shooting + Top Player, I dominate most of the games. So it's like two completely different sides for me here :/
It is.
Have you gone manual passing + basic shooting yet?
The manual passing reflects in your basic shooting making that more " manual"
A good start if you still want a challenge,but keep your sanity:)

Only managed 2 matches tonight with Cagliari against Ascoli in a Tim cup two legged affair . ... .if I leave the team on the default formation of 4-4-2 my Team Spirit can be as high as 55 but if I use my other personal settings I drop to 32 or so.. .. .anyway the first leg was a good game. .. . . quite balanced until they took the lead in the second half in my home turf 0-1 .. .even though I was on top. . .my manual passing has improved a bit but I'm not exactly spraying passes around and landing them on a sixpence yet .. . .I came back fairly quickly to level the match 1-1 but could have won it. . .so second leg at their place and I had to replace Coutinho with Yankov up front .. .I also used my new signing Petagna a young Italian target man and he played very well . .laying off balls and creating half chances. . .but not as good as Yankov who played a blinder. . .Petagna kept laying passes off to him and he picked one up 10 yards outside the box and started a run and wriggled his way through a crowd and scored .. at first I thought it was a wonder goal but in the replay I noticed that when he got through to the last defender he actually kicked the defenders leg and went into a stumble but managed to shoot and score. . . . .0-1 . .. .we maintained control of the game and a nice pass put Petagna through but I tried to do a curler and messed it up.

A few mins later a pass to Yankov with one defender to beat and I tried to dribble and whatever happened he did a half nutmeg through the dudes legs and went through and scored 0-2. .. Yankov? I've been ignoring you and you can do this.

Just before halftime they scored to make it 1-2 and the second half was furious as they were desperate . . and then they got number 2 . . ..so 2-2 . . .I was still playing some nice ball when they got a horribly scripted goal which I was expecting so it was now 3-2 to them and 4-3 on aggregate ... .I searched and probed for an equaliser but it wasn't to be . .. . so no Tim cup for me this year .. .. a great match though very enjoyable.

Only managed 2 matches tonight with Cagliari against Ascoli in a Tim cup two legged affair . ... .if I leave the team on the default formation of 4-4-2 my Team Spirit can be as high as 55 but if I use my other personal settings I drop to 32 or so.. .. .anyway the first leg was a good game. .. . . quite balanced until they took the lead in the second half in my home turf 0-1 .. .even though I was on top. . .my manual passing has improved a bit but I'm not exactly spraying passes around and landing them on a sixpence yet .. . .I came back fairly quickly to level the match 1-1 but could have won it. . .so second leg at their place and I had to replace Coutinho with Yankov up front .. .I also used my new signing Petagna a young Italian target man and he played very well . .laying off balls and creating half chances. . .but not as good as Yankov who played a blinder. . .Petagna kept laying passes off to him and he picked one up 10 yards outside the box and started a run and wriggled his way through a crowd and scored .. at first I thought it was a wonder goal but in the replay I noticed that when he got through to the last defender he actually kicked the defenders leg and went into a stumble but managed to shoot and score. . . . .0-1 . .. .we maintained control of the game and a nice pass put Petagna through but I tried to do a curler and messed it up.

A few mins later a pass to Yankov with one defender to beat and I tried to dribble and whatever happened he did a half nutmeg through the dudes legs and went through and scored 0-2. .. Yankov? I've been ignoring you and you can do this.

Just before halftime they scored to make it 1-2 and the second half was furious as they were desperate . . and then they got number 2 . . ..so 2-2 . . .I was still playing some nice ball when they got a horribly scripted goal which I was expecting so it was now 3-2 to them and 4-3 on aggregate ... .I searched and probed for an equaliser but it wasn't to be . .. . so no Tim cup for me this year .. .. a great match though very enjoyable.
Tough loss Dec.
Good game by you,scoring goals in this edition is the hardest part,in 16 it was defending.
Any goals with your season?
Staying up,mid table?

Just had two games.
My team spirit from the start of the season at 88 is now around 65-72.
Strange,might be fatigue,that Sacchi tactic is a gold digger for my stamina.
Pescara away.
Played with a reserve lineup more or less.
They went 1-0 up after 2 mins.
Yup,2 minutes
I wasn't ready or on my toes.
So knowing that scoring goals is a tricky business,I'm in for a tough game.
5th minute my CB plays the ball completely wrong,right to their attacker, 2-0 down
After five/cinco/funf/fem minutes.
By now I was completely drained,but work hard,got back in the game and pressed like a madman.
Equalised in the 70th minute,rebound,Bertolacchi easy goal.
Couldn't score anymore goals,so a defeat to Delfino Pescara.

2nd game a loss to Napoli at home
Equally good in possesion,and in shots,but they scored on a corner mid first half,and my players couldn't respond to that.
Both those games within four days ( schedule Konami?)
So they were out of shape going in,and for the Napoli game,drained.

Next game is FC Zurich away in the EL.
One other thing,had an update on my XBox,but got offline for those two games.
My game was so slow and choppy,guess it's a lot of stuff going on in the background while online

Tough loss Dec.
Good game by you,scoring goals in this edition is the hardest part,in 16 it was defending.
Any goals with your season?
Staying up,mid table?

I picked Cagliari Rock ... but once you use default players you start in Serie B. . . I'm only a few matches into it. . . . long season ahead. Scoring goals is very difficult on manual but I gave it a rest the other day and came back improved. ..well I scored 3 the first game on Professional but I'm scoring ok so far on Top player . .missing a good few as well but not as bad as I was. . I think if you relax more and don't panic it gets better.

I picked Cagliari Rock ... but once you use default players you start in Serie B. . . I'm only a few matches into it. . . . long season ahead. Scoring goals is very difficult on manual but I gave it a rest the other day and came back improved. ..well I scored 3 the first game on Professional but I'm scoring ok so far on Top player . .missing a good few as well but not as bad as I was. . I think if you relax more and don't panic it gets better.
Aha,never got that you started default again.
You're a brave one
Spot on about being relaxed,I'm wired every time I start,and pissed off during it.
So this game is so not for me.
Fucking hate it atm
Will give a few days,then return

I really dont want to drop down from superstar but the cpu defence are insanely overpowered the second you receive the ball on the edge of the 18 yard box 3 defenders will be surrounding every angle and smash into you its killing me because the games brilliant but its so tough to create good moves your players feel clumsy and weak. Any advice on dribbling? R2 isnt helping

I made a club based on the town i lived in italy .virtus lanciano are in serie c now but they have left the call name in anyway this was one of the rare moments i found some space on a counter attack and sneaked a win not an amazing goal just it was so satisfying after defending brilliantly all game a true italian style win but the bad news is in the cup the week after ternana took every chance they made while their goalkeeper was playing like he was auditioning to be the new spiderman i lost 5-2 on aggregate

Hi Craney, just a quick question as I'm at work.

I read somewhere that you are not using full option files (Bundesliga etc...) because of the live updates messing it up. I've got to start all over again because of my PS4 needing a reset.

What do you use for your ML?

Having a great time in this now. . .. . . a quick game this morning as Cagliari in Serie B default players against Avellino.. .what a game they went 0-1 up, a good goal and had me pinned back being the stronger side. . . . but I started to gain ground and Petagna received a ball on the wing and curled a lovely cross and Coutinho rose to nod in 1-1 at halftime lovely. Second half I was doing all the pressing and had half chances blocked and shots saved when they took the lead against the run of play 1-2 and then I saw an amazing save by the keeper from the sub Rossi .. a nice passing move and a hard curling cross in front of the keeper at speed and Rossi ran in jumped over a tackle and in mid air hit it with an outstretched leg and was destined for the corner shoulder height with the keeper. . .but the swine saved it .. .I tried to save the replay it but it didn't work . . ... I'm really annoyed the best save I've seen in the game so far .. ..moments later Rossi got on the end of a move hit it and came back off the keeper and put it in . .2-2 great flow to the game.

It was nip and tuck although a nice slow pace . .until they started to push forward and came at me from all angles and I conceded 2-3. . so decided to go all out attack and was coming close. . lots of scrambles in the box. . .Yankov who came on for Couthino did a shimmy to get by a defender and hit a shot which was heading for the top corner until a defender lunged forward and stuck a leg out and it went out for a corner .. .last chance saloon . .. .swung the corner in and they cleared and their player shaped up to shoot from the halfway line and shot into an empty goal . .. .my keeper went up for the corner and left the goal unattended 2-4 it ended . .what an enjoyable game .. . . Rock. . the old feeling from last year is back for me. .. great stuff.

That´s it. Game bought and downloaded... This afternoon will start a ML, most likely on Championship or Serie B. I want to start from the lowest level and try to get to the top...

That's the way I always try it myself. .. .unfortunately I haven't reached the top yet.

I´m kinda of affraid of going Superstar myself... it will probably be too much and end up frustrated. But I really want to use PA1, as the flow and feeling is so great, so I have to use higher dificulty for the challenge, even knowing that CPU will throw all kinds of tricks and spells to knock me down... We´ll see how it goes. Right now just thinking wich club should I choose.

@geeeeee

Just to let you know that I recently started a new ML in WE9LE with your 2014-2015 Option File (Standard PSD stats).

I'm using your alternative ML Default team, in a D2 with English weaker clubs playing on 6 stars and I'm loving it!

At the start I really struggled because most CPU teams play with a really packed midfield which combined with the aggressive defending AI on 6 stars makes it really difficult to control the ball in midfield, but I love the dificulty.

Took me a while to find the right formation for may playing style, but after many draws and losses with 4-5-1 I changed to 4-4-2 flat and after a few more games settled on a 4-4-2 with diamond midfield.

M. Kortig in the number 10 role and a 2 striker partnership with
M. Swift (the tall guy) serving as target man to hold up the ball
and then the support striker varies from game to game between:
Barros, Turner and Marcelo depending on condition.

Really like the stats variation you gave to the players, they quickly imprint their unique traits on you, and makes for a fun game finding the best starting eleven for each game.

Kortig scores some goals coming from midfield into the box, but sometimes got injured and I had to replace him with Lamb.
Swift (the tall CF) mostly provides assists after holding up the ball in the right flank, I either send a high ball for him to chest down with his back to goal or sometimes he is really good at making runs into the space between the CB and SB and i send him throughballs then use his physical power to hold and wait for the midfielders to take dangerous positions in the center.

Since i found the good formation i started winning some games and nearing the end of the first season Im in 2nd to last place :P but having a lot of fun with your ML Defaul team.

thanks!

If anyone is interested in further developments about this ML please tell me and I'll post more.

After 2 years i finally win a penalty vs the AI and how it was badly needed there was no way i was gona miss i managed to hold on for the 1 nil win that lifts us off the bottom

I think I had 2 inj through training my first season,5 on the pitch.
I accumulate tons of fatigue,it's probably how your team is setup.
My first ML (restarted a few times) vs my current is miles apart.
Use to have players still being,not fresh,but not fatigued late in games,now this season with my new tactic,both my fw,and my wingers,and depending on whether I have to chase a result,my cm are empty late in games.
Guess I have to be smarter and not press as much as I do,but letting my players have spells just controlling the game.

Anyway with my new tactics I have to rotate,depending on schedule,my wingers and fw every 3rd - 4th game at least
So to sum it all up,tactic and system is very different in how your players get tired

Thanks for replying - it's good to know that the training injuries are still in the game. Your point about tactics affecting fatigue is interesting as in PES 2016, due to the poor midfield AI, I would often dribble long distances which would really run down my players' stamina. In PES 2017 my build up play is now slower with more passing. Even so, a player who finishes a match with no stamina still recovers to about 80% the day after the match (I tested this in a transfer window where I could advance the calendar one day at a time). IMO this recovery is too quick, but I appreciate others have different experiences.

Good news - I got my first injury yesterday! Lukaku was brutalised just outside the box, his shirt getting muddy as he collapsed in the rain. He's out for six weeks. I used the transfer market to replace him with Balotelli, to see if he can replicate his new-found real life form.

Yea i originally had that intention to touch it just wide of the gk and put it in i would have been gutted if the ref didnt give that

I seem to have found a nice balance with my tactics and got the team playing how i want by going to a 4-1-3 2 I dropped my LWF and RWF back in to LM and RM to support the full backs when we get the ball in defence and a DMF to link the defence and forward lines . Put 2 up front with one being a SS to link with both the AMF and other CF who is a big target man who can win headers and hold it up .Playing to your tactics really helps make things easier if you chose focus passing in the center then do it play that way in the game you will find the players are there supporting each other to build up your play ect. My gk is a 19 yr old kid 66 rated but he is going to be world class in a couple of years he has saved us so many times glad i never replaced him like i planned at the start

Haha not takin that away from me i waited 2 years of PES to get one even been diving around id have claimed it was a legitimate penalty if a gust of wind took me out

An update on my Racing ML.
After 5 matches without a win (all draws), things suddenly started clicking for me.
I won 7 matches in a row.
The eigth was the best.
I had to play a team called Patronato who were second with equal points with my Racing de Avallaneda team.
It was an away match.
Played a very poor first half. They led with 1-0 and i had only one shot on goal.

Second half was much better, dominated them but missed chance after chance and their GK played a blinder.
In the 75th minute my CB got a red card.

With 10 against 11 i managed to score an equaliser in injury time, boy that was a great feeling...luckily i was alone in the room, i don't want the missus and the kids see me like that...

An update on my Racing ML.
After 5 matches without a win (all draws), things suddenly started clicking for me.
I won 7 matches in a row.
The eigth was the best.
I had to play a team called Patronato who were second with equal points with my Racing de Avallaneda team.
It was an away match.
Played a very poor first half. They led with 1-0 and i had only one shot on goal.

Second half was much better, dominated them but missed chance after chance and their GK played a blinder.
In the 75th minute my CB got a red card.

With 10 against 11 i managed to score an equaliser in injury time, boy that was a great feeling...luckily i was alone in the room, i don't want the missus and the kids see me like that...

What's your settings Gerd? Are you using manual?

It´s good to be lousy. Worst thing it can happen in a soccer game like this one is not finding a challenge while playing.

Finally fired my game today and changed all the names and applied some of the rival teams. I´ll finish rivalry settings later, as it´s possible to apply them to a saved master league.
Was thinking what team to choose and decided to go with QPR. I remember them playing on Premier some years ago, and also I remember their current manager Jimmy, who played a couple years on my country league, before making the big jump to the european stage. Still haven´t chose the main eleven, maybe still today or maybe tomorrow, and I´ll make my first matches. Can´t wait to start and see where I can take this team.

Back
Top Bottom