The Master League adventures thread

No worries, I'll try and offer as much advice as possible. Yeah they have a nice variety of players that can all add interesting effects to the shape.

Ouch - baptism of fire! Hopefully you can take down the old lady.

No worries, I'll try and offer as much advice as possible. Yeah they have a nice variety of players that can all add interesting effects to the shape.

Ouch - baptism of fire! Hopefully you can take down the old lady.
I usually play good in that Supercup final,mind that I've restarted this a few times....
Won the last time on 0 game speed,but that's pretty much the only good 0 game speed I had,the rest F1
Thanks

Lost 1-0 in the Supercup,but your tactics are really working well Ken
I pressed the living daylight out of Juve
They were lucky today.
Worst thing is,I think Konami has programmed in some sluggishness aka team spirit in the beginning of your season,so even if I had 88 from the get go,my players were like zombies at times,boots on the wrong foot etc.
And of course got an 9 week inj straight away.
Can't believe people who whine about no inj.
I had 7 last season and now one direct

But big up Kenpachi,great tactics,will do wonders in the future

Leave his wife out of it.
Got my first win,away to Chievo,a scrappy rebound on a cross.
Also had a man sent off.
So kinda lucky to get that win.
I'm on top player now
Feel that my players are so unresponsive at proffesional,bit better on top player,but still feel that they're on Valium most of the times.
Don't know how you feel?
I'm on Xbox one,know that you're on PS3/4 mainly.
But had two incidents were my players just didn't responde,haven't seen that before.

So good tactics,but worried about the slowness of my players reactions and movements,hardly winning any 50-50,or when two players go up for a header,except when def
Edit: had cursor change set to a strange setting,that's why it felt weird,didn't switch over right.
My bad

Last edited:
Got my first win,away to Chievo,a scrappy rebound on a cross.
Also had a man sent off.
So kinda lucky to get that win.
I'm on top player now
Feel that my players are so unresponsive at proffesional,bit better on top player,but still feel that they're on Valium most of the times.
Don't know how you feel?
I'm on Xbox one,know that you're on PS3/4 mainly.
But had two incidents were my players just didn't responde,haven't seen that before.

So good tactics,but worried about the slowness of my players reactions and movements,hardly winning any 50-50,or when two players go up for a header,except when def

I'm on ps4 this year . .. . sometimes it's just scripting Rock .. it happens now and again.

got my 3rd game in to my Serie A campaign
Empoli at home,needed a win with 1 D and 1 L before this one

Empoli is typical "old school Italian filthy"
Very psychical,they kept tackling and not giving me any room in the MF at all first 20m.
Honda had my first chance,low hard cross that he struck first time,great save by their GK.
Then in the 20th minute they crossed it,maccarone headed it,and Gilardino got a toe to it and 1-0

Kept plugging away got more and more possesion,Bacca with a good chance in th 30th,keeper parried it out and away.
Corner late first half,Honda with a beauty to Adriano who headed it in for 1-1
So good

2nd half and it was all me,my pressing really gave result I wore them down completely
Adriano got a toe to the ball and stole it outside the pen box,took a few steps and buried it far corner for 2-1

As soon as the ball was in their half,especially down by the corner flag,I pressed them into mistakes over and over again.
58th m and I had a throw in almost by their corner flag,a few passes back and forth down there and I crossed it to the far post and Bonaventura chested it in for 3-1

Made a few changes,Niang in,Adriano out
In the 76th Niang and Bacca pressed the def into a mistake,Niang snatched it and buried it low far corner for 4-1
Bacca had a chance late in the game 1vs1 and shot it post out
Game ended 4-1
Sweet victory
And my tactic,grazie Kenpachi,is working so good,it's like a entity when it gets going.
Fantastic at the moment,would want to see the other game replicate this.

got my 3rd game in to my Serie A campaign
Empoli at home,needed a win with 1 D and 1 L before this one

Empoli is typical "old school Italian filthy"
Very psychical,they kept tackling and not giving me any room in the MF at all first 20m.
Honda had my first chance,low hard cross that he struck first time,great save by their GK.
Then in the 20th minute they crossed it,maccarone headed it,and Gilardino got a toe to it and 1-0

Kept plugging away got more and more possesion,Bacca with a good chance in th 30th,keeper parried it out and away.
Corner late first half,Honda with a beauty to Adriano who headed it in for 1-1
So good

2nd half and it was all me,my pressing really gave result I wore them down completely
Adriano got a toe to the ball and stole it outside the pen box,took a few steps and buried it far corner for 2-1

As soon as the ball was in their half,especially down by the corner flag,I pressed them into mistakes over and over again.
58th m and I had a throw in almost by their corner flag,a few passes back and forth down there and I crossed it to the far post and Bonaventura chested it in for 3-1

Made a few changes,Niang in,Adriano out
In the 76th Niang and Bacca pressed the def into a mistake,Niang snatched it and buried it low far corner for 4-1
Bacca had a chance late in the game 1vs1 and shot it post out
Game ended 4-1
Sweet victory
And my tactic,grazie Kenpachi,is working so good,it's like a entity when it gets going.
Fantastic at the moment,would want to see the other game replicate this.

Brilliant result! The game is fantastic regarding the ability to press, you never feel like the AI is just going to ping pong the ball and retain possession even though their centre backs have no passing ability like a certain other game *cough*

If you press well the AI will visibly panic and just launch the ball as far away as possible just to get a reprieve, it's a nice touch. Here's to more victories!

Last edited:
Really enjoying this. Have applied a of but need to add some more euro teams to eradicate the fake teams.

Have started an Asian league, went in the fake league and created a Japanese team FC Sakoa.
Probably end up starting a Rodos FC European ml again, but happy with this.
Have some edited players with varying skills.
Sitting 2nd behind FC Hikatori (rivals) who I applied a lot of big names frees to. Need to pick up in Asian CL Cup as only got 3 pts out of 9 so far.

FD

Brilliant result! The game is fantastic regarding the ability to press, you never feel like the AI is just going to ping pong the ball and retain possession even though their centre backs have no passing ability like a certain other game *cough*

If you press well the AI will visibly panic and just launch the ball as far away as possible just to get a reprieve, it's a nice touch. Here's to more victories!
Yes,even a strong team like Juve hoofed it away
It's a beutiful thing when the gegenpressing suddenly kicks in,had a spell late in the game vs Sampdoria when I needed to win,and boom so tight and hard,they lost the ball over and over again,managed to score aswell
Ha ha,yes a certain game described well there

I play as Liverpool

My set up is a 4231

4 def 2 dms 3 amfs 1 ss or cf depending 9n who it is.

My 3 amfs are narrow and interact well with th forward well.

I use counter target on one of the wider amfs and swarm box.

Not got much time to post on here nowadays but have been playing ML.

I actually quit the one I mentioned a few pages back with the default players. I was finding it much too hard even on Professional. So started a new one with Barnsley and with their original players this time. I have been or should I say I had been enjoying it a lot. I was in mid table position and recording good highlights to post on here.

But...then I got the 'Blue Light of Death' on my PS4. And after reading some tips on the internet I had to initialise it or something. Basically restore it to factory settings. Everything lost!! So frustrating. Apparently once it has happened and its restored then it doesn't happen again. But now I've got to go through all that again, adding option files, renaming cups and stuff. Kinda put off at the moment now though.

Deco, I know you have a new PS4. Just be a bit wary of that. It normally starts off with it seemingly not liking the HDMI cable and was still able to play after changing cables and stuff but today bam it just went off. If I had realised what was about to happen I would have saved my game saves while I had the chance. It probably doesn't happen on the newer models though so you should be ok.

Been enjoying the posts, keep it up lads. :)

I actually quit the one I mentioned a few pages back with the default players. I was finding it much too hard even on Professional. So started a new one with Barnsley and with their original players this time. I have been or should I say I had been enjoying it a lot. I was in mid table position and recording good highlights to post on here.

But...then I got the 'Blue Light of Death' on my PS4. And after reading some tips on the internet I had to initialise it or something. Basically restore it to factory settings. Everything lost!! So frustrating. Apparently once it has happened and its restored then it doesn't happen again. But now I've got to go through all that again, adding option files, renaming cups and stuff. Kinda put off at the moment now though.

Deco, I know you have a new PS4. Just be a bit wary of that. It normally starts off with it seemingly not liking the HDMI cable and was still able to play after changing cables and stuff but today bam it just went off. If I had realised what was about to happen I would have saved my game saves while I had the chance. It probably doesn't happen on the newer models though so you should be ok.

Ooh shit,sorry to hear G.
It's a bummer having to restore everything.
Hope you find some stamina to play after that.
If that happens to my Xbox after all the manual labour I've done on it,I'd probably snap and go off grid,living in the woods trapping rabbits for dinner.
Nice to see you back in here though.
Barnsley?
Yeah they need a manager now:)

Thanks for the advice Geeeee .. .my laptop gets a blue screen regularly lately as well. .. I don't need a double act going on. . . I was wondering where you were hiding Geeee . ..hope it's sorted for you buddy.

I agree with those who say that there aren't enough injuries this year. I'm nearing the end of the first year of my ML career and I haven't had a player miss a single match through injury. I acknowledge that some of you have though - I wonder, has anyone had a player become injured through training, as used to happen in PES 2016?

Perhaps more important (IMO) is that the players in PES 2017 do not accumulate fatigue quickly enough between matches (I think PES 2016 had this about right). Even during a congested run of playing 8 matches, with 2 fixtures a week, using the same starting XI and not making any substitutions I can only get a few players' accumulated fatigue down to 50%. Are you guys finding that fatigue is something you need to manage?

It's important that there should be a good number of injuries and enough accumulated fatigue. It means we need to have a large enough squad to cover for these issues, otherwise we have a dull situation like in PES 2015 where we only need 11 players with a few spare to cover for form.

I'm really enjoying the on-pitch action though - it could well be the best PES gameplay so far!

I agree with those who say that there aren't enough injuries this year. I'm nearing the end of the first year of my ML career and I haven't had a player miss a single match through injury. I acknowledge that some of you have though - I wonder, has anyone had a player become injured through training, as used to happen in PES 2016?

Perhaps more important (IMO) is that the players in PES 2017 do not accumulate fatigue quickly enough between matches (I think PES 2016 had this about right). Even during a congested run of playing 8 matches, with 2 fixtures a week, using the same starting XI and not making any substitutions I can only get a few players' accumulated fatigue down to 50%. Are you guys finding that fatigue is something you need to manage?

It's important that there should be a good number of injuries and enough accumulated fatigue. It means we need to have a large enough squad to cover for these issues, otherwise we have a dull situation like in PES 2015 where we only need 11 players with a few spare to cover for form.

I'm really enjoying the on-pitch action though - it could well be the best PES gameplay so far!
I think I had 2 inj through training my first season,5 on the pitch.
I accumulate tons of fatigue,it's probably how your team is setup.
My first ML (restarted a few times) vs my current is miles apart.
Use to have players still being,not fresh,but not fatigued late in games,now this season with my new tactic,both my fw,and my wingers,and depending on whether I have to chase a result,my cm are empty late in games.
Guess I have to be smarter and not press as much as I do,but letting my players have spells just controlling the game.

Anyway with my new tactics I have to rotate,depending on schedule,my wingers and fw every 3rd - 4th game at least
So to sum it all up,tactic and system is very different in how your players get tired

Ooh shit,sorry to hear G.
It's a bummer having to restore everything.
Hope you find some stamina to play after that.
If that happens to my Xbox after all the manual labour I've done on it,I'd probably snap and go off grid,living in the woods trapping rabbits for dinner.
Nice to see you back in here though.
Barnsley?
Yeah they need a manager now:)

Heh heh i'll meet you in there. Probably eat ants though.

Thanks for the advice Geeeee .. .my laptop gets a blue screen regularly lately as well. .. I don't need a double act going on. . . I was wondering where you were hiding Geeee . ..hope it's sorted for you buddy.

I was hiding in the woods :)

I'm just trying to download FIFA (every year i do the same) but it went off again. Maybe thats the problem. :P

After spending time around this forum I've come to a conclusion that I'm glad to be a PES player foremost.
Enjoy FIFA aswell,but PES first.
This game is so deep,and having good people who help you out when you need.
And also,playing according to my tactic,and seeing it being executed,it's so cool.
Played a few on my other game (16) and though I like it,played vs Liverpool and as Liverpool,nowhere near each other in tactical depths.
Would say that the tactics over there is nowhere to be seen.

Psyched for games later on,have a few rough ones coming, Sönderjyske fotbold from denmark in my El group and Udinese (watch it Dec) in Serie A.

Heh heh i'll meet you in there. Probably eat ants though.

I was hiding in the woods :)

I'm just trying to download FIFA (every year i do the same) but it went off again. Maybe thats the problem. :P
Give us some feedback once youve played it mate
Im about to maybe get it,or ill keep my player career going on 16, restarted it,think I have 3 saves there.
Going Pompey this time

I will do fella. I will post on the other thread.

Probably be tomorrow as full download is about 20 hours!!!!
Sheit,that's a long DL.
Got 100/100 in my apt,so I think I did 16 quite quick last year.
Good thing you're not DL 2k or GTA,those games are massive.
Good luck.

So, got stuck into my Blackburn Rovers ML - although only got chance to play one game as live Europa League football beckons. Feeling inspired and ever so slightly Italian I've set my Rovers side up in a 3-5-2 that plays as a 3-3-4 when we have the ball with an intimidating 28 team spirit (welp). The squad suits the formation and I've taken inspiration from this article in terms of player positioning and roles etc. http://spielverlagerung.com/2015/02/19/retro-in-depth-match-analysis-barcelona-80-osasuna/

Norwich (H) 0-0
Dominated the ball (60%) and really should have won this game. Had two absolute sitters and put them both wide (curse you manual shooting!!!). One of them was essentially an open goal which added salt to an already painful miss. MotM was Norwich's goalkeeper McGovern. That probably tells you the story of the game. Norwich had their own chances though, but never threatened too much. One of my forwards Samuelsen was hacked down in the last minute and now he's out for 11 weeks. Real shame as he's a phenomenal player and one I was looking forward to playing with. The one highlight is that J. Byrne developed the Team Player role after the game and so my team spirit is hurtling toward the sky at a monstrous 32. So at least some good news.

I am considering adding the "Hug the Touchline" instruction as my RWF/LWF came inside far too early too often. Whilst I do want them to cut inside, I don't want them to do so until they're darting in behind the defence. I'll play around with some teams who have players with the "Prolific Winger" instruction and see how they interact.

Last thing, the squad size is too big for my liking. Ideally I'd only have 20-25 players and I've currently got 29. I'm waiting for offers to come in but I did manage to offload Gallagher to Deportes Temuco (?) for £1.587m. He had the 'Fox in the Box' playing style which meant he had to go. As Pep Guardiola once said "Anyone can run into the box, but nobody is allowed to stand in it" and the description for that playing style flies in the face of that ethos.

Ahh can´t stand this demo anymore. I was trying to resist, but heck... I´m gonna buy the game, probably today, tomorrow max. So, Rockstrongo, Deco and company, I´ve been following your stories and I´ll want to start mine as sson as I have the game. What are your feelings about manual and dificulty level? I know you guys have changed things while playing the ML, what do you guys think woul be the best balance? Professional PA0? Superstar PA1? Been thinking about this all time and can´t decide.

Also Geeeee, have you finally found a proper football game? I remember you trying to get the most of PES 5, but I think we finally have something to enjoy here! Too bad what happened to your PS4! Hope you get back soon!

Ahh can´t stand this demo anymore. I was trying to resist, but heck... I´m gonna buy the game, probably today, tomorrow max. So, Rockstrongo, Deco and company, I´ve been following your stories and I´ll want to start mine as sson as I have the game. What are your feelings about manual and dificulty level? I know you guys have changed things while playing the ML, what do you guys think woul be the best balance? Professional PA0? Superstar PA1? Been thinking about this all time and can´t decide.

Also Geeeee, have you finally found a proper football game? I remember you trying to get the most of PES 5, but I think we finally have something to enjoy here! Too bad what happened to your PS4! Hope you get back soon!

Professional difficulty; PA0; manual shooting; basic through ball. That's my set up at least. It's highly competitive and really rewarding and still a tough challenge. If only I could shoot! I'm a PES newbie so you may need Top Player in terms of difficulty if you're a veteran of the series.

So, got stuck into my Blackburn Rovers ML - although only got chance to play one game as live Europa League football beckons. Feeling inspired and ever so slightly Italian I've set my Rovers side up in a 3-5-2 that plays as a 3-3-4 when we have the ball with an intimidating 28 team spirit (welp). The squad suits the formation and I've taken inspiration from this article in terms of player positioning and roles etc. http://spielverlagerung.com/2015/02/19/retro-in-depth-match-analysis-barcelona-80-osasuna/

Norwich (H) 0-0
Dominated the ball (60%) and really should have won this game. Had two absolute sitters and put them both wide (curse you manual shooting!!!). One of them was essentially an open goal which added salt to an already painful miss. MotM was Norwich's goalkeeper McGovern. That probably tells you the story of the game. Norwich had their own chances though, but never threatened too much. One of my forwards Samuelsen was hacked down in the last minute and now he's out for 11 weeks. Real shame as he's a phenomenal player and one I was looking forward to playing with. The one highlight is that J. Byrne developed the Team Player role after the game and so my team spirit is hurtling toward the sky at a monstrous 32. So at least some good news.

I am considering adding the "Hug the Touchline" instruction as my RWF/LWF came inside far too early too often. Whilst I do want them to cut inside, I don't want them to do so until they're darting in behind the defence. I'll play around with some teams who have players with the "Prolific Winger" instruction and see how they interact.

Last thing, the squad size is too big for my liking. Ideally I'd only have 20-25 players and I've currently got 29. I'm waiting for offers to come in but I did manage to offload Gallagher to Deportes Temuco (?) for £1.587m. He had the 'Fox in the Box' playing style which meant he had to go. As Pep Guardiola once said "Anyone can run into the box, but nobody is allowed to stand in it" and the description for that playing style flies in the face of that ethos.
I usually have around 24-26 players top.
Compare that to the real Chelsea/city who has 30-40 on loan a piece!
Shooting is were I struggle,you really need to do it first touch,sinc it takes a while powering th bar up.
Hope you find the right balance mate

I usually have around 24-26 players top.
Compare that to the real Chelsea/city who has 30-40 on loan a piece!
Shooting is were I struggle,you really need to do it first touch,sinc it takes a while powering th bar up.
Hope you find the right balance mate

It's getting the shots on target that's my problem. I'm getting plenty of shots off, just find it almost impossible to hit the back of the net.

Back
Top Bottom