The Master League adventures thread

About game speed, I prefer on -1 but on 0 players are more responsive so I must play on 0 but is crazy fast for me...
Wish that there is some new level between -1 and 0 :)

P.s. Anyone played 3rd od 4th season so far? I am asking because of game crashing in season 2 a lot of people mentioning...

About game speed, I prefer on -1 but on 0 players are more responsive so I must play on 0 but is crazy fast for me...
Wish that there is some new level between -1 and 0 :)

P.s. Anyone played 3rd od 4th season so far? I am asking because of game crashing in season 2 a lot of people mentioning...

If they had a middle ground between o and minus 1 it would be ideal . . .what's this about crashing?

Deciding to put the controller down for the night, not because I'm annoyed, I desperately need to work on kits. It's been a while. Played 5 games in this session, first match of the night was the first leg against Spal in the Coppa Italia, it was a very tough game, Spal's pressuring left my fullbacks isolated, and considering I play wide, that was an issue. Spal took the lead late in the first half. At half time, I moved my fullbacks into wide midfielders, forcing a 3-5-2 and it worked with Carlos Bacca grabbing the equalizer, and Pisani (I renamed the Italian Youth Player) getting the winning goal in his debut.

Onto the reverse fixture and it was more of the same, a cagey midfield battle and it took 83 minutes for Domenico Beradi to break the deadlock. We progress winning 3-1 on aggregate. Up next was a home tie in the Europa League against Legia Warszawa, Mattia De Sciglio converting a Pisani cross. Final game of the session I played, we faced Sampdoria at home. We took the lead 9 minutes in, Thiago Motta's shot blocked, the ball fell to Florenzi who found Motta again, a sweet ball over the top was converting with a thunderous volley by top goalscorer Gianluca Lapadula (I'd recommend looking at him.) Two short minutes later, Sampdoria won a corner, the ball whipped in, I bought Donnaruma out, but hesitated leaving the keeper in no mans land. 1-1.

It stayed that way and at half time I decided to make a change. I targeted Quagliarella with the tight marking instruction, as well as activating Wing Rotation. This worked wonders, and within 10 minutes we'd took the lead again; Pisani making a run out to the wing, before reeving the ball, flicking it up and crossing it in on the volley, Lapadula heading home. Pisani then played a key role in our third goal, playing De Sciglio through with an esquisite backheel, DS crossed the ball in and the chance was cooly converted by Motta.

All in all, a great session. The 5-2-2-1/3-5-2 is working great for us, we need a new left wing back, as Montelivo has become our backup and outside of Jose Sosa who I expect to leave soon, we have no real attacking midfielders. Unfortunately, our chief scout has been unable to secure any deals yet.

Deciding to put the controller down for the night, not because I'm annoyed, I desperately need to work on kits. It's been a while. Played 5 games in this session, first match of the night was the first leg against Spal in the Coppa Italia, it was a very tough game, Spal's pressuring left my fullbacks isolated, and considering I play wide, that was an issue. Spal took the lead late in the first half. At half time, I moved my fullbacks into wide midfielders, forcing a 3-5-2 and it worked with Carlos Bacca grabbing the equalizer, and Pisani (I renamed the Italian Youth Player) getting the winning goal in his debut.

Onto the reverse fixture and it was more of the same, a cagey midfield battle and it took 83 minutes for Domenico Beradi to break the deadlock. We progress winning 3-1 on aggregate. Up next was a home tie in the Europa League against Legia Warszawa, Mattia De Sciglio converting a Pisani cross. Final game of the session I played, we faced Sampdoria at home. We took the lead 9 minutes in, Thiago Motta's shot blocked, the ball fell to Florenzi who found Motta again, a sweet ball over the top was converting with a thunderous volley by top goalscorer Gianluca Lapadula (I'd recommend looking at him.) Two short minutes later, Sampdoria won a corner, the ball whipped in, I bought Donnaruma out, but hesitated leaving the keeper in no mans land. 1-1.

It stayed that way and at half time I decided to make a change. I targeted Quagliarella with the tight marking instruction, as well as activating Wing Rotation. This worked wonders, and within 10 minutes we'd took the lead again; Pisani making a run out to the wing, before reeving the ball, flicking it up and crossing it in on the volley, Lapadula heading home. Pisani then played a key role in our third goal, playing De Sciglio through with an esquisite backheel, DS crossed the ball in and the chance was cooly converted by Motta.

All in all, a great session. The 5-2-2-1/3-5-2 is working great for us, we need a new left wing back, as Montelivo has become our backup and outside of Jose Sosa who I expect to leave soon, we have no real attacking midfielders. Unfortunately, our chief scout has been unable to secure any deals yet.

Great post but I must try reeving the ball myself . .sounds interesting.

A few thing I noticed while testing different setups is how much manual passing does to this game.
Played 2 games on PA1 and basic shooting.
1 The looseness of the ball.
2 Fouls
3 shooting
4 ball control

I felt that on Pa1 the ball physics kinda disappeared,to close and good controll suddenly
And hardly any fouls because of it,I had 1 vs Palermo and 1 vs AZ
Remember stating my case on PES 15 that manual passing also makes your basic shooting more "manual" and that was the case here aswell
Overall my experiment with PA1 isn't for me,felt way to arcade like.
Respecting you guys who does it,keep going with it,for me it's a no no

The upside was crossing,holy shit how fun it was to cross.
That's horrible in manual,wish they could put some assist on it,seen hilarious crosses so far.
So guess I'm back at manual again,with the expected 7-9 injuries on my strikers to follow

It has its rewards,but feel that -1 is the best pace.
When 0 is good,it's good,problem is you'll get some games that feel like PES 2008 when speed is crazy fast
So,Im between speed ?

I've tried both. . . had a couple of good games with 0 but as you say. .it becomes end to end . ..we need a speed in between . .which we're not gonna get

I've tried both. . . had a couple of good games with 0 but as you say. .it becomes end to end . ..we need a speed in between . .which we're not gonna get
Totally agree mate
And you predicted that,my first game vs inter in the Super cup was bang on,but had a few that were shitty as hell.
Going well with your ML?

And you predicted that,my first game vs inter in the Super cup was bang on,but had a few that were shitty as hell.
Going well with your ML?[/QUOTE]

You're mixing me up with someone else as regards your Inter game. . .. ..my Ml is going as I expected . .a couple of wins here and there and and an almighty surge up the table to third last. . .I bought Rossi a young Italian who was Rozzi in the last edition and he looks promising. .. it's tough going but I'll stick with it and post more in the second season when I should improve.

Going well with your ML?

You're mixing me up with someone else as regards your Inter game. . .. ..my Ml is going as I expected . .a couple of wins here and there and and an almighty surge up the table to third last. . .I bought Rossi a young Italian who was Rozzi in the last edition and he looks promising. .. it's tough going but I'll stick with it and post more in the second season when I should improve.[/QUOTE]
You predicted crazy game speed in the other thread yesterday,cause you've tried it in league mode.
Never got the hang of league mode.
Is it just 1 season?
Or does it continue,but without relegation and promotion,haven't played since PES 5 I think

Damn I´m still with the demo and I can´t wait to buy the game, specially when I spend hours reading these posts!

About crossing on manual, I noticed (or at least it seems to me) that I have to control ball spin and then direction. So I always point a bit ahead and while I put some power, I gently turn the stick to the direction I want. Can´t do it all the time, but usually the ball has a nice curved trajectory.

You're mixing me up with someone else as regards your Inter game. . .. ..my Ml is going as I expected . .a couple of wins here and there and and an almighty surge up the table to third last. . .I bought Rossi a young Italian who was Rozzi in the last edition and he looks promising. .. it's tough going but I'll stick with it and post more in the second season when I should improve.
You predicted crazy game speed in the other thread yesterday,cause you've tried it in league mode.
Never got the hang of league mode.
Is it just 1 season?
Or does it continue,but without relegation and promotion,haven't played since PES 5 I think[/QUOTE]

The only problem rock with league mode is that you're stuck with the team as they are. . if they're weak they'll always be weak unless you become a fantastic player. ..I enjoyed playing as Leeds in league mode on 0 speed but you long for ML to improve your team.

If they had a middle ground between o and minus 1 it would be ideal . . .what's this about crashing?
Yea..
About crashing, I've played with Inter one season and when I get on the first day of winter transfer period game started crashing .. So I'm wonder how far away some of you get through ML without crashing...

Yea..
About crashing, I've played with Inter one season and when I get on the first day of winter transfer period game started crashing .. So I'm wonder how far away some of you get through ML without crashing...

Well I'm still in the first season so I can't give you info on that. . .normally the second season on ML is when it takes off into a good game.

Ha ha I just saw that

Fuck that. .thought I was losing it . .. ..Rock. . question for you . .I don't know what to make of this game at the moment .. . .I mean we had a great adventure on Pes 2016 ML . . .but this one seems to limit the good parts to very rare occasions when something great happens . . it could be because I'm in the first season with a crap team .. .but I'm not getting the magic moments too often and some of the goals remind me of Pes 2015 or bad goals in Pes 2016.. . it seems to be restricting a flow of decent play and is making it hard work to string a decent move together which you don't get rewarded for. They might have taken this hard to break down defence thing too far. . .You go to take a shot when you're clear of defenders but all of a sudden they accelerate form nowhere and make that shot a no no. . .it wasn't like that in the demo. . probably because we use top teams .. .. .the jury is out for me even though it's still enjoyable in patches. . . but some goals feel cheap ... like robbing a defender . .lack of build up. . more of a mistake by their defence. I'm finishing sessions feeling depressed or let down ... let us know your view.

6uthsvF.jpg

O. Dembele hat-trick. Top player, -1 speed, 15 mins, PA1+ Advanced Shooting.

Maybe next season I'll try Superstar.

The difference between Manual and PA1 is too much I think. On PA1 I struggled to create chances and the spin of the ball was always the same, almost never changed; on PA1 you get to see the ball getting all type of spins and effects and everything. Maybe is not realistic, maybe it is really arcade, but hey, it's a game... I would go to Football Manager if I wanted pure realism I think :/. The game could be better at some things (manual being the first, difference is too much IMO), but I think the game plays nice for me with these settings.

Looking at this post-match stats, the difference, for me, between manual and my settings is that % pass accuracy is a little bit higher than with manual... and that my shooting is good. Before, 13 (5) with manual = 1, maybe 2 goals.

Fuck that. .thought I was losing it . .. ..Rock. . question for you . .I don't know what to make of this game at the moment .. . .I mean we had a great adventure on Pes 2016 ML . . .but this one seems to limit the good parts to very rare occasions when something great happens . . it could be because I'm in the first season with a crap team .. .but I'm not getting the magic moments too often and some of the goals remind me of Pes 2015 or bad goals in Pes 2016.. . it seems to be restricting a flow of decent play and is making it hard work to string a decent move together which you don't get rewarded for. They might have taken this hard to break down defence thing too far. . .You go to take a shot when you're clear of defenders but all of a sudden they accelerate form nowhere and make that shot a no no. . .it wasn't like that in the demo. . probably because we use top teams .. .. .the jury is out for me even though it's still enjoyable in patches. . . but some goals feel cheap ... like robbing a defender . .lack of build up. . more of a mistake by their defence. I'm finishing sessions feeling depressed or let down ... let us know your view.
Good and valid points.
I'm struggling with this one,mainly because I think manual passing is a tough one.
Not between lets the start and somewhere to the 60 th minute,if the CPU trails at that point,my manual passing goes down the shitter for real.
They apply so much pressure and their def position is flawless at that point
I'd say try to lower difficulty,my best gaming has been on proffesional,hands down the best experience.
Wish they could make crossing better/easier.
And that limbo between 0 and -1...
I think you should try proffesional,it's still a big challenge on -1, and you playing default,that should do it,put your "regular career" on hold and restart with a club lineup of a Serie A team,one in the bottom/mid table,think you'll find your spirit again

PES 16, minus the scripting was great in my book.
This one is so good,almost magically good,but,so hard and so tough to get that magic out of it.
I've been dabbling with a restart as we speak,going with Lazio,they have a 3-5-2 lineup as default

And to answer your question,don't know what to make of it either mate.
Sorry for the confusing answer

Good and valid points.
I'm struggling with this one,mainly because I think manual passing is a tough one.
Not between lets the start and somewhere to the 60 th minute,if the CPU trails at that point,my manual passing goes down the shitter for real.
They apply so much pressure and their def position is flawless at that point
I'd say try to lower difficulty,my best gaming has been on proffesional,hands down the best experience.
Wish they could make crossing better/easier.
And that limbo between 0 and -1...
I think you should try proffesional,it's still a big challenge on -1, and you playing default,that should do it,put your "regular career" on hold and restart with a club lineup of a Serie A team,one in the bottom/mid table,think you'll find your spirit again

PES 16, minus the scripting was great in my book.
This one is so good,almost magically good,but,so hard and so tough to get that magic out of it.
I've been dabbling with a restart as we speak,going with Lazio,they have a 3-5-2 lineup as default

And to answer your question,don't know what to make of it either mate.
Sorry for the confusing answer

I'm with you on this one .. . .I do feel like staritng again but I'm a bit of a stubborn bastard .. for me it's not about lack of success . . .it's about enjoying everything. ..defeats included. . . the game can feel brill in patches ... but honestly you couldn't get myself and yourself off this thread at the end of last year ... . now I've nothing to post about it .. . it's like . . "I got through the defence and had a shot but it hit the bar" . .hoping that the next few matches will be great but they're not .. . . .I'm putting it down to low team spirit at the moment and hopefully it will improve gamewise .. time will tell.

I'm with you on this one .. . .I do feel like staritng again but I'm a bit of a stubborn bastard .. for me it's not about lack of success . . .it's about enjoying everything. ..defeats included. . . the game can feel brill in patches ... but honestly you couldn't get myself and yourself off this thread at the end of last year ... . now I've nothing to post about it .. . it's like . . "I got through the defence and had a shot but it hit the bar" . .hoping that the next few matches will be great but they're not .. . . .I'm putting it down to low team spirit at the moment and hopefully it will improve gamewise .. time will tell.
Same here,I can lose,I can go through seasons without succes.
But it has to have that something.
Again Dec,get a fresh start,see it as a "training" career.
Or it could be as simple as we have to play the game different this year,go corporate and play club players,cause that's how they programmed it.
I've restarted on -1 with Lazio and manual on proffesional difficulty.
And it looks promising,got that feeling back,scoring scrappy goals etc.
Try it out pal,think you need a clean break from what you've started.
It's about fun right?

Same here,I can lose,I can go through seasons without succes.
But it has to have that something.
Again Dec,get a fresh start,see it as a "training" career.
Or it could be as simple as we have to play the game different this year,go corporate and play club players,cause that's how they programmed it.
I've restarted on -1 with Lazio and manual on proffesional difficulty.
And it looks promising,got that feeling back,scoring scrappy goals etc.
Try it out pal,think you need a clean break from what you've started.
It's about fun right?

I'll give it a go tomorrow Rock ta. .. . how the mighty have fallen. .. from Superstar last year to Professional this year. We'll reminisce someday about the glory days of 2016 . . .the hundred year anniversary of the Irish 1916 rising .. . it's on a par . .They'll talk about us for years in mythical terms.

We'll be sitting on the front porch in our rocking chairs cursing the kids for playing PES 2035.
Acctually think there's some progress to build on,get the game good on proff,perhaps a few tweaks might make it very good on top player.
We'll see mate.
Fresh start tmw for the both of us

6uthsvF.jpg

O. Dembele hat-trick. Top player, -1 speed, 15 mins, PA1+ Advanced Shooting.

Maybe next season I'll try Superstar.

The difference between Manual and PA1 is too much I think. On PA1 I struggled to create chances and the spin of the ball was always the same, almost never changed; on PA1 you get to see the ball getting all type of spins and effects and everything. Maybe is not realistic, maybe it is really arcade, but hey, it's a game... I would go to Football Manager if I wanted pure realism I think :/. The game could be better at some things (manual being the first, difference is too much IMO), but I think the game plays nice for me with these settings.

Looking at this post-match stats, the difference, for me, between manual and my settings is that % pass accuracy is a little bit higher than with manual... and that my shooting is good. Before, 13 (5) with manual = 1, maybe 2 goals.

If you want a real challenge and to use your skills and players stats, manual shooting and PA0 is your cup of tea. Replay the same game on topplayer and let me know how it ended...
Actually on full manual is where the stats really shine.

Started a new master league, this time on Superstar and I just cant seem to create clear cut chances. Not enough movement in the final third. I've even tried forcing the issue and tweaking my attacking instructions. I'm playing with an advanced formation. High risk, high reward.

I've been playing 4-3-3. But when I've got the ball I push my fullbacks right up as LWF and RWF. So I effectively play with 5 attackers, 2 attacking midfielders, a DMF and two CB's. Without the ball I play a gegenpress to try and win it back as quickly as possible and as high up the pitch as possible.

I have like 70% possesion yet still cant get the runs and movement I need in the final third.

Started a new master league, this time on Superstar and I just cant seem to create clear cut chances. Not enough movement in the final third. I've even tried forcing the issue and tweaking my attacking instructions. I'm playing with an advanced formation. High risk, high reward.

I've been playing 4-3-3. But when I've got the ball I push my fullbacks right up as LWF and RWF. So I effectively play with 5 attackers, 2 attacking midfielders, a DMF and two CB's. Without the ball I play a gegenpress to try and win it back as quickly as possible and as high up the pitch as possible.

I have like 70% possesion yet still cant get the runs and movement I need in the final third.
Check out how your "support settings" are set.
That could be the answer

What are your attacking settings, advanced tactics and players playing styles like?

What are your attacking settings, advanced tactics and players playing styles like?

I tried possesion and counter attacking game. Turned support up and down. Tried width and central play. Just generally not getting the runs in behind in any style.

Advanced attacking instructions, i've tried a few things.

Back
Top Bottom