The Master League adventures thread

Rayo Vallecano in the Spanish Second Division. Have a really small fanbase and a history of playing risky attacking football that ultimately got them relegated last season. Plus, they're a Madrid team so you could try and build them to be better than Real and Atletico.
i am thinking if i start with default team then i am more interest in awesome kits instead of team.

I played one week with 0 Speed at PA1 + advanced shooting. Then tried -1 and got full manual. I just got used to -1, but 0 Speed is really good, like your passing is fluid and counter attacks are more realistic, IMO. Maybe I'll switch back when I end my season. Semifinal now against... Barcelona. Oh well.

EDIT: About the camera setting, I switched over... eh... 'Fan view' in English? 'Vista de la afición' in Spanish, because you got to view more of the pitch + radar. Radar is love, radar is life.

I played one week with 0 Speed at PA1 + advanced shooting. Then tried -1 and got full manual. I just got used to -1, but 0 Speed is really good, like your passing is fluid and counter attacks are more realistic, IMO. Maybe I'll switch back when I end my season. Semifinal now against... Barcelona. Oh well.

EDIT: About the camera setting, I switched over... eh... 'Fan view' in English? 'Vista de la afición' in Spanish, because you got to view more of the pitch + radar. Radar is love, radar is life.

Yeah I felt the game played great on the default speed as well, may try it again later. Good luck against Barcelona!

Yeah 'Fan View' is a nice camera angle, just the cursor drops below the players feet when defending on the far side more often than on 'Blimp' for me. That's probably the main reason I'm not using that one.

Yeah I felt the game played great on the default speed as well, may try it again later. Good luck against Barcelona!

Yeah 'Fan View' is a nice camera angle, just the cursor drops below the players feet when defending on the far side more often than on 'Blimp' for me. That's probably the main reason I'm not using that one.

True about the cursor, but it happens to me with both cameras, so... I prefer the one with the radar :3

If anyone plays 0 Speed at full manual, tell us your impresions, please. I think I'll turn back to 0 speed, too, even though I've been having great results.

True about the cursor, but it happens to me with both cameras, so... I prefer the one with the radar :3

If anyone plays 0 Speed at full manual, tell us your impresions, please. I think I'll turn back to 0 speed, too, even though I've been having great results.

Yeah, that's my one problem with both cameras! Hopefully they patch it and I can use 'Fan View' again.

Agreed, please share your opinion. I'll be trying it myself regardless but it's always nice to have a conversation.

Won't remember every thing because I'm sat here waiting to go to work, but my all Italian
Getting a bit bored with my Atletico save, decided to start a Milan save, with a challenge. I set a rule, I can only buy Italian players, and any non Italian players must be sold.

So far, I've only bought up a young Italian lad from the Youth Team, and Ely and Luiz Adriano have left.

Results wise, we handed Juventus their arse, beating them 2-1 in the Supercoppa, Mbaye Niang with a bullet header from a corner, while Mattia De Sciglio cut in from the right wing, before hammering the ball into the Buffon's near post. We've also beat Bologna 2-0.

Won't remember every thing because I'm sat here waiting to go to work, but my all Italian Milan save is the most fun I've ever had on PES 2017, even if our results have gone the shitter a little bit. We've pretty much cleared out every non Italian player, except Niang, Suso, Sosa and Gustavo Gómez, who couldn't draw up any interest. The opponents loss as all four have been standout players. I won't be able to remember everyone, but coming in, we have Alessandro Florenzi, Cannarvaro, Thiago Motto, Raggi, Domineco Berardi, and a few more utility players I can't remember.

Obviously, a whole new squad has seen our team spirit fall and results are struggling, even on professional. We walked out of our first two fixtures (Chievo and someone else) winners, before beating AS Monaco in the Europa League (seriously Konami!?) , Raggi with a goalline clearance against his former team. Back the league, and we conceded a stoppage time winner from Genoa, Donnaruma saving a penalty in the game, before Hernanes dispatched his stoppage time penalty for Juve. We drew 0-0 away from home at one of the fake teams in the Europa League leaving us three without a win. Best thing about it, I didn't feel robbed at all, I lost concentration in all three games.

I decided the 4-3-3 wasn't working and decided to go full Italian and bring out the 5-2-2-1/3-5-2. It worked with Gianluca Lapadula grabbing the only goal of the game in the third minute against Torino. I also used the tight making advanced instruction, marking Adam Ljajic completely out of the game until he was subbed in the 60th minute.

Gianluca Lapadula has been the stand out player so far, sitting top of the Serie A goal rankings.

I'm just heading into the January transfer window of my first ML with Brighton & Hove Albion. Had a particularly intensive session last night.

I've made 4 signings - Bielik, a young polish centre back who has extremely good passing for a 19 year old giant; Delort, a french striker who seems very effective at getting on the end of loose balls or crosses; Cervi, a young and graceful pocket-sized AMF from Benfica who instantly ran the show while on a flashing green arrow (I could start whole new threads about some of the beautiful little pieces of play he puts together); and Ayoze Perez on deadline day.

I started last night with a 4-0 win against Burton Albion, and ended with my 6th or 7th draw of the night. Since I signed Ayoze Perez, I've suddenly become incapable of playing effectively with a wide tactical setup. It's maddening. I've started using more central formations and tactics, turning a game round against Nottingham Forest by moving to a diamond. But I'm at that stage where I'm struggling to get incisive and every game's a real slog. A lot of my goals at the moment are from winning the ball high up the pitch rather than effective play of my own.

I was in that gambler's fallacy of 'one more game and I'll turn the corner'. Well I hadn't turned it by 2am...

Hopefully I'll be starting my ML with Blackburn later on today, it'll be my main ML I think. Will OF updates automatically apply to my save or will I need to restart everytime I update? Eventually I'll fill the Rest of Europe teams in when they're released.

I'm just heading into the January transfer window of my first ML with Brighton & Hove Albion. Had a particularly intensive session last night.

I've made 4 signings - Bielik, a young polish centre back who has extremely good passing for a 19 year old giant; Delort, a french striker who seems very effective at getting on the end of loose balls or crosses; Cervi, a young and graceful pocket-sized AMF from Benfica who instantly ran the show while on a flashing green arrow (I could start whole new threads about some of the beautiful little pieces of play he puts together); and Ayoze Perez on deadline day.

I started last night with a 4-0 win against Burton Albion, and ended with my 6th or 7th draw of the night. Since I signed Ayoze Perez, I've suddenly become incapable of playing effectively with a wide tactical setup. It's maddening. I've started using more central formations and tactics, turning a game round against Nottingham Forest by moving to a diamond. But I'm at that stage where I'm struggling to get incisive and every game's a real slog. A lot of my goals at the moment are from winning the ball high up the pitch rather than effective play of my own.

I was in that gambler's fallacy of 'one more game and I'll turn the corner'. Well I hadn't turned it by 2am...

Width is overrated my friend! The centre and half spaces are the most valuable places on the football field, you only need one player on each flank holding the width on each flank. Get the midfielders in the middle and let them get to work with combination play and the cutting edge will come.

The bit about it I don't understand is that it used to work so well, right up till the 2nd or 3rd game in September. I'm a bit dubious about whether PES 2017 learns how you play from game to game, as opposed to just learning within a match. But I definitely know that, whether it's a standard PES phase or something AI-based, I used to be able to stretch the play as well as scheme in the middle, but now I cannot for love for money.

I'm facing more 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 sides right now which means my overlapping fullbacks isn't working quite so swimmingly, my 2 CBs plus dropping DM are either up against 1 or 3 forwards so I either lack the spare man in midfield or defence. More significantly, I'm noticing a big difference between teams using the same formation. So it's hard to spot big improvements in my own side if I just happen to face a team who are equipped to nullify them. I do wish there was a bit more available to me when it comes to analysing opponents prior to the upcoming match - is there something I'm missing?

I definitely need to work out how to improve the movement of my players in the middle. I'm just heading into January, I'd put in a couple of bids for a more centrally minded tempo setter but I should probably try and add to my overall technique and quick-footedness so Cervi isn't all alone out there.

I'm facing more 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 sides right now which means my overlapping fullbacks isn't working quite so swimmingly, my 2 CBs plus dropping DM are either up against 1 or 3 forwards so I either lack the spare man in midfield or defence. More significantly, I'm noticing a big difference between teams using the same formation.

The DM dropping is overkill for those formations, you'll definitely want the numbers advantage in midfield. 1 striker only requires 2 CBs and the 4-3-3 only packs 1 out and out striker. Consider changing the DMF to CMF to let him push higher up and get involved in more midfield play. So long as he's positioned deep in the game plan he'll still act as an effective shield.

Did changing the DM to CM fix them becoming a 3rd CB then? I can't remember whether Matt managed to fix that issue. Otherwise I'll have to use the fluid formations. I love the idea of the dropping DM but only if I can switch it on or off at will.

I also noticed that the 3 formation option in myClub doesn't seem to exist in ML, so I can't quickly switch between formations by holding up or down on the d-pad. Do I need to switch that on? I thought fluid formations was an automatic setting so you can't just set up 3 formations without it switching between them at will. Is this something else, or is it myClub only?

I'm looking at signing Denis Suarez from Barca on loan and Mikel Arteta on a free, which presumably would be till the end of the season. But if anybody has any recommendations for players around 75-80 OVR, who are technical wide AMFs or tempo-dictating passmaster DMFs, and are likely to want to move to Brighton... let me know!

I also noticed that the 3 formation option in myClub doesn't seem to exist in ML, so I can't quickly switch between formations by holding up or down on the d-pad. Do I need to switch that on? I thought fluid formations was an automatic setting so you can't just set up 3 formations without it switching between them at will. Is this something else, or is it myClub only?
If you mean the three separate formations with separate tactical instructions - "default (offensive)", "defensive" and "custom" - you can enable them in the Master League. On the tactical setup screen, you have to go to the section where you select "auto substitutions", "auto offside trap" and all that stuff, and somewhere on there is "preset tactics" (or similar). Turn that on and away you go.

I had to set it up last night so that I can quickly switch between a 4-4-2 with CMs and a 4-5-1 with DMs should the going get tough.

I've not fiddled with "fluid formations", though - I feel like I only ever make things worse when I try to use it...

Did changing the DM to CM fix them becoming a 3rd CB then? I can't remember whether Matt managed to fix that issue. Otherwise I'll have to use the fluid formations. I love the idea of the dropping DM but only if I can switch it on or off at will.

Yeah if you just change the role to CMF they automatically stay on the second line of play rather than dropping into the first but when you activate Attacking Full Backs they'll start dropping into the first line again.

Started my second season.
Here's my issue with this game.
Play on -1 and your really good players,with pace and ball control etc,becomes equally bad as your worst CPU opposition.
The get dumbed down,can't beat a defender,reactions gets slower,everything takes a drop,except the CPUs abilities.
Bump it up to 0 and it's a arcade fest with back and forth football.
On PES 16 I didn't have that problem,remember going from -2 to -1 on that,and suddenly my pacey players were shining.

Another issue,had 7 injuries last season,pretty much all on my really good strikers,most of them for 11 weeks,one had a double 11 week injury.
Why?
Because the CPU just hacked them down constantly, since you can't beat the defender with pace,they're equally fast,and they just clip you from behind

Pretty much tried everything,-1 on proffesional/top player/superstar,no difference everyone is equally good/fast/same reaction time.
Played on 0 game speed,with proffesional/top player/superstar
Arcade fest,CPU pass percent up between 80-92%
Horrible horrible gameplay right now.
I'm not enjoying this game one bit now,and I'm ready to pack it in and go for FIFA.
It's all about having fun right.
This isn't

Started my second season.
Here's my issue with this game.
Play on -1 and your really good players,with pace and ball control etc,becomes equally bad as your worst CPU opposition.
The get dumbed down,can't beat a defender,reactions gets slower,everything takes a drop,except the CPUs abilities.
Bump it up to 0 and it's a arcade fest with back and forth football.
On PES 16 I didn't have that problem,remember going from -2 to -1 on that,and suddenly my pacey players were shining.

Another issue,had 7 injuries last season,pretty much all on my really good strikers,most of them for 11 weeks,one had a double 11 week injury.
Why?
Because the CPU just hacked them down constantly, since you can't beat the defender with pace,they're equally fast,and they just clip you from behind

Pretty much tried everything,-1 on proffesional/top player/superstar,no difference everyone is equally good/fast/same reaction time.
Played on 0 game speed,with proffesional/top player/superstar
Arcade fest,CPU pass percent up between 80-92%
Horrible horrible gameplay right now.
I'm not enjoying this game one bit now,and I'm ready to pack it in and go for FIFA.
It's all about having fun right.
This isn't

Take a break I'd say. You've played a whole season of games in a very short period of time - I'm still having a blast on -1 and full manual. It's easy to get fatigued with a game once you play it to death, maybe try again later tomorrow and see if you have that same feeling.

Take a break I'd say. You've played a whole season of games in a very short period of time - I'm still having a blast on -1 and full manual. It's easy to get fatigued with a game once you play it to death, maybe try again later tomorrow and see if you have that same feeling.
You're right mate,it should be played on -1
Yes will pack it in for today.
Cheers Ken

Yeah sometimes you just get to much of it.
Mainly worried about all my injuries.
Strange

I had Sergi Roberto with 12 weeks and Renato Sanches with 2 weeks. I can see you can't just use pace to beat a defender, but you must dribble and THEN run. That's what I think, you should try and experience it for yourself to see if I'm righ or just saying nothing hahaha. Good luck mate.

Fingers crossed for you anyway! I'm getting rather tired of manual play in all honesty as well, causing too much stress for me to relax with the game

I think the same about full manual. It's not relaxing for me, like you're always too focused to do the right pass, the right shot. Maybe PA01 + advanced shooting are not so much rewarding, but at least it's relaxing and can provide a good challenge if you play Top Player or Superstar.

I had Sergi Roberto with 12 weeks and Renato Sanches with 2 weeks. I can see you can't just use pace to beat a defender, but you must dribble and THEN run. That's what I think, you should try and experience it for yourself to see if I'm righ or just saying nothing hahaha. Good luck mate.

I think the same about full manual. It's not relaxing for me, like you're always too focused to do the right pass, the right shot. Maybe PA01 + advanced shooting are not so much rewarding, but at least it's relaxing and can provide a good challenge if you play Top Player or Superstar.
Hear what your saying mate,problem is that they're so slow in reacting,you know,getting the ball,making a move,then run,done it,two steps for my 87 acc fw and the 72 acc has caught him.
Very strange,didn't see that on 16 at all,making a move there and you left the def
Will see,gonna try all sorts of different configure later.
Thanx mate

I'd have to agree with you there. I've given it a few days and while the gameplay is fun in flashes it's more frustrating. I was having a blast with PA1 and basic shooting/through balls, I'll probably go back to it I think as although I enjoy the challenge it gets tiresome quite quickly.

Hear what your saying mate,problem is that they're so slow in reacting,you know,getting the ball,making a move,then run,done it,two steps for my 87 acc fw and the 72 acc has caught him.
Very strange,didn't see that on 16 at all,making a move there and you left the def
Will see,gonna try all sorts of different configure later.
Thanx mate

I've noticed what you're referring to - it seems opposition defenders get way more aggressive in their defending when you try to sprint. For example, I can walk the ball to the halfway line under no pressure with Pique but if I try to sprint the forward tries to shut me down immediately.

What I'd say is that the ball is under less control while sprinting i.e you take bigger touches, so the defender ups their intensity to to take advantage of looser ball control. I do something similar to what @ianni said, bait the defender in with a standard dribble and use your pace to accelerate past them rather than attempting to run around the outside of them immediately with no set up as the defender will cut you off most of the time.

Started in Italy, soon realised that Serie A is not complete in terms of Stadiums and Rivals. So have quit that and started again to get them all assigned properly.

Could you explain the reason for changing from -1 to default game speed? I'm not clear on the exact differences between the two.
Didn't see this one until now.
Players are much more responsive on 0 game speed.
Downside is that the pace is a bit over the top
And your shot/pass meter fills up faster,which is stupid,so if your used to -1 it gets very strange at first

Last edited:
Rayo Vallecano in the Spanish Second Division. Have a really small fanbase and a history of playing risky attacking football that ultimately got them relegated last season. Plus, they're a Madrid team so you could try and build them to be better than Real and Atletico.
Rayo is the team that I've have some for.
Neighbourhood team,social agenda .
Love em

Didn't see this one until now.
Players are much more responsive on 0 game speed.
Downside is that the pace is a bit over the top
And your shot/pass meter fills up faster,which is stupid,so if your used to -1 it gets very strange at first

So now are you playing at 0 or -1? Do you feel better gameplay at 0?

Back
Top Bottom